[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /toy/, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I bought this Pyramid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Hey /toy/, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I bought this Pyramid Head figma back in July at a con for about 50 bucks and it's been a really good figure so far but just today his arm snapped off. My bet is that one of my younger cousins found him and broke it. My question is, is this an easy fix? I've never really had any of my expensive figures break on me like this.
>>
>>5304140
Just ask GSC for a replacement.
>>
>>5304155
.... don't do this.

It isn't an easy fix, but you could look up how to pin the joint (google figma joint pin fix)
>>
>>5304140
>is this an easy fix
Yes and no.

Yes, in that any rube can slap super glue onto the broken area and never use it again to keep it in place.

No in that, even with proper pinning and tons of preventative care, the joint will always be useless because it will have a fundamental flaw that will re-emerge with enough movement. It's gone, dead, broken, finished.

Don't bother fixing it. Replace it. If somebody says "pin it", ignore them because they're just spouting regurgitated bullshit and have never done custom work in their lives. Otherwise they'd know how stupid it is to suggest doing that.
>>
>>5304140
Sure it's not you who ham-handed it?
>>
>>5304168
>.... don't do this.
Why not?
>>
>>5304169
Thank you. I might just have to suck it up and buy another one, but I mean it really is a shame. I'm in the hole 50 bucks.
>>5304176
No. I left it be for the longest time and just now after some younger relatives came over I noticed it.
>>
>>5304183
You really don't have to buy a new one. Just buy a Hobby Base spherical ball joint set, maybe medium flesh. They're like $6 plus shipping.
>>
>>5304168

Don't be a retard. GSC CS is pretty fucking good.

>>5304140

Start with that and then see if fixing the joint is viable. Had them replace or send parts that were broken or missing from the box. Sometimes they will sometimes they won't be able to.
>>
OP left out a critical detail: Is the broken off peg still stuck in its arm? If not, just get a new joint.
>>
>>5304195
Yes it is still stuck in the arm.
>>
>>5304205
You can carve the broken joint out of the socket.
>>
>>5304205
It's easy to extract. Heat the arm with a hair dryer till it's gummy, then gradually walk the peg out if possible or use something like a thumbtack to gently pry it. If you have a pin vise and very fine drill bits, you could drill into the peg, keep the drill bit wedged inside, then heat the arm and pull it out like a wine cork.
>>
>>5304194
I'm preeeetty sure GSC doesn't give replacement parts due to breakage. If it came as a factory error right out of the box sure, but in this case it's clearly OP's fault
>>
>My bet is that one of my younger cousins found him and broke it.

Hey aunt/uncle! Your shitty brat broke my expensive toy! Pay up niggah!
>>
Man am I glad I never had younger cousins or siblings to fuck with my toys. I was the younger cousin who came over and looked at all my extended families shit that I was never allowed.
>>
File: DONT DO IT JOHNNY.webm (52 KB, 554x402) Image search: [Google]
DONT DO IT JOHNNY.webm
52 KB, 554x402
>MOM SAID I COULD PLAY WITH YOUR TOYS
>>
>>5304140
This happened to me, with the left arm. I e-mailed GSC and politely explained what happened and they sent me a whole new arm.
>>
>>5304183
Don't do this.
You can buy figma replacement joints on ebay, ask the seller if you can get one specific kind of joint. hey will usually provide one. It might not be the saem color, but it's still the same joint.

Next you're gonna want to pull out the broken bits. You'll need hot water, and a really hot metal pin to melt into the plastic bit and pull it out, or you can dremel it out.

Then it's just a matter of waiting for it, and then putting the new joint in.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.