[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Customs General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85
File: Customs General 24.jpg (754 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Customs General 24.jpg
754 KB, 1000x1000
The previous customs thread is gone >>5198248

What's on the worktable /toy/?
Post your projects here, whether they're works in progress, fixes, mods, or accessories.
Give advice, share tips, ask for help or guidance, and go for it!
>>
Here's some tips from the previous threads:

For sculpting: use 2-part epoxy putty like Aves apoxie or fixit.

For tools: try a basic carving/sculpting set like the kind arts & crafts stores have.
Dental tools have also been said to work well.
Also, using a Dremel is recommended. Minimites (the small $20-25 ones) are fine for starting out, but the battery life is poor. Upgrade to a corded one only if you want to get deeper into customizing. They are useful for stuff outside of the hobby though, so it's a good investment regardless.

For paints: use acrylics. Paint in multiple, thin coats. Brands like Vallejo/P3/Citadel are recommended, because of pigment quality.

Use a sealer when finished to protect your work. There are matte varieties and sealers that give a glossy look. As with painting, use multiple thin coats.

A flex shaft attachment on a Dremel is a godsend and relatively inexpensive. The grinding shield is also pretty useful, but you can improvise one using a cut open soda bottle.
>>
Also, there is a guide in the works, by mellow

http://pastebin.com/yiZV3s0R

Give feedback/critiques to help improve it.
>>
File: rachnera4.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1100) Image search: [Google]
rachnera4.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1100
To start off, here's some progress on my Rachnera. I'm working on making the legs more slender than they were before, so I just shaved them down and started over. I also sculpted in more hair. Other than that, I've mostly just been adjusting the movement range and tightening the peg holes. I'm working on painting up the eyes next.
>>
>>5252972
>same picture as last time
boo
>>
File: image.jpg (633 KB, 1126x1659) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
633 KB, 1126x1659
Progress report with my curvy-archetype + commissioned figure.

I've already informed my commissioner this, but I'm actually going to 3D-print my commissioner's OC as well as the curvy-archetype that is mostly identical. I already have most of the basic figure sculpted in epoxy, and have already done a few test-prints for the lower arms and experimental wrist joints. I even tried out the colored nylon just for kicks. My commissioner and I agreed that the final product will be just printed in white polished, then sanded, painted, and sealed by hand. Dumping a few pics of the prints of the commission's arms and the (now obsolete) wrist joints I printed and assembled. The white parts are PlasticWeld epoxy putty and the transparent hand is from my Figma Archetype: Next just for reference. Yes, the wrists ended up lopsided, the next proto-set will be 5mm in diameter and will look like a semi-spherical hinge.
>>
File: image.jpg (819 KB, 1530x1458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
819 KB, 1530x1458
>>5253024
More shots.
>>
File: 1443133080746.jpg (116 KB, 1024x941) Image search: [Google]
1443133080746.jpg
116 KB, 1024x941
Eventually, I want the legs to look like these.

I also want to make a figma kimihito for her to tie up. At least his face should be easy.
>>
File: image.jpg (728 KB, 1530x1291) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
728 KB, 1530x1291
>>5253026
Another shot. Again, this design of the wrist joint has been abandoned (this was print-test #2).
>>
>>5253020
Looking good on Rach-nee this far! Love how spot-on her hair looks. And the leg-lock pedipalps look awesome too!
>>
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 1694x810) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 1694x810
>>5253042
One last pic. This is a rendering (SolidWorks) of my commissioner's OC's arm minus the hand and shoulder-puff-sleeve-thing. This model has a narrower wrist cuff per my commussioner's request (his approval is pending, lol).
>>
File: 1442555312649.jpg (60 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1442555312649.jpg
60 KB, 600x450
>>5253024
are planing on make diferente body archetypes after the curvy one???
>>
I want to make a few of thees. And a few more that look more like a girl. Who should i make?
>>
>>5253020
Very nice. Can I ask how hard sculpting is? Obviously a lot of time is required.
>>
File: IN4bqlw.png (240 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
IN4bqlw.png
240 KB, 768x768
>>5253253
Inkling maybe?
>>
>>5253051
>>5253296
Thanks guys.

>Can I ask how hard sculpting is? Obviously a lot of time is required.
I thought it was difficult in the beginning. I got frustrated sometimes, and I always made the mistake of going for the final product right from the start. Then I tried working in layers, and it was one of those A-HA moments where everything clicks. After I figured out how to do that, sculpting got much easier and way more fun. Working in layers also makes it easy to go back and fix mistakes, so I don't worry about fucking up that much anymore.

Of course you need practice if you want to get good at it, but I feel like the learning curve was easier after you get past that initial stage and find a style that works for you.
>>
File: kurisu4.jpg (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
kurisu4.jpg
23 KB, 600x600
who knows how long this'll take, but I'll ask anyways.
Recently bought a figma, and the soft plastic that makes up it's body has (a lot of) paint where it shouldn't be. Normally the plastic part would be white, but the colors of her jacket run onto her shirt. Is there any hope for me?
pic related, a non messed up version
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-29-22-16-29.png (149 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-29-22-16-29.png
149 KB, 1280x720
>>5253394
What would you recommend for sculpting something like pic related?
I guess it's easier because of the more basic shapes but not so much as it all has to be perfectly straight.

Sorry for the pic, my phone browser is retarded.
>>
>>5253558
You can use epoxy putty for making something like that.

As for sculpting, I would start with just the red face part first.
After that's done, sculpt the basic black helmet shape onto it.
Then I'd refine the shape of the helmet and the horn parts that stick out.
To finish, attach some pyramid shapes to the sides for the green ears.
>>
>>5253449
Is it just paint transfer? Maybe a Mr Clean magic eraser could work. Others have had success with using that to remove paint transfer from the Strike Witches figmas.
>>
>>5253744
Thanks.
Is there any way to sculpt a working balljoint?
>>
>>5253078
That's the plan in the long run. I'd like to do what Strangefate does with his 6in and 7in custom figures and sell figma-style archetypes on Shapeways as kits requiring assembly and also pe-assembled figures I'd put together myself for the customer. No painting, though. These are just blanks I'd be doing. The next body I want to ,ale and print will be a loli-type to speed up my namesake project.
>>
>>5253800
I suppose you could make one by copying the shapes of the two balljoint halves and sticking them together, but it's gotta be easier to just buy a balljoint pack from hlj or amiami.

An alternative is these Hero Mashers figures that come with a few usable joints. You'll need to cut them out and mod them to suit your project though.
>>
>>5253832
*make and print

Fucking sausage-fingers.
>>
>>5253834
I'm working over a PRID Rumble, so no option but to copy the female balljoint.
Thanks again.
>>
Hey, quick question about Sugru.

I have some silicone molds I made of a custom body (paleoart) that I want to be rubbery. Will Sugru adhere to the silicone molds without any conditioner/release agent or will it just cure without permanently sticking to it?
>>
>>5254681
It will almost assuredly stick. Don't use sugru. Buy proper rubber from Smooth-On.
>>
File: image.jpg (709 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
709 KB, 1600x1200
Testing a paint job for the steam tank. The snipped off peg is a placeholder until I can find something to add on to it.

Might consider altering the colour scheme.
>>
>>5255104
you god damn asshat.is there anything you cant do?
seriously tho,i absolutely love all the stuff you post here
>>
File: 1441252922887.jpg (86 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1441252922887.jpg
86 KB, 600x600
>>5253253
look the cu-poche thread and get inspired yo >>5137099

>>5253832
>>5253832
Finaly a hero is born
>>
>>5253832
Throw me a skellington and I'll throw you my heart, papi-anon.
>>
File: model3.jpg (50 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
model3.jpg
50 KB, 500x250
>>5255659
anon papi-anon is already making something for us dude atleast let im finish the Archetypes

why not ask for someone with a revoltech skeliton for a cheap cast or a mold, or strangefate already has skelitons that for the price are good
>>
>>5255876
>why not ask for someone with a revoltech skeliton for a cheap cast or a mold
>tfw no friends

>strangefate already has skelitons that for the price are good
I can't fucking find his 6 inch skeletons.
>>
>>5253832
>sell figma-style archetypes on Shapeways as kits

Nice idea, unfortunately don't count on me as customer, every time I order from Shapeways customs fees rape my wallet and fuck me in the ass.
>>
>>5256057
Well, I did say that I'd try to sell assembled figures too. Then again I live in Burgerland, so shipping outside CONUS will still be high.

What region are you located in, anon?
>>
>>5255104
Dude your stuff is awesome!
But, is that cotton smoke a permanent thing or just a mockup? Cuz it looks really shitty.
>>
>>5255270
>Can't sculpt
>Can't paint humans
>Can't do anything but angry, dirty men in gas masks.
>Can't please a woman.
Thanks for the support though!

>>5256272
Yeah, it's a shitty placeholder. I'm in the midst of researching smoke for the pipe that looks decent. Thanks for the criticism though.
>>
>>5255936
i dont have friends with figma archetypes but i gave the idea to /customs/ and now looks like some one is making them, i hope its cheaper that actual figmas

and i think stangefate only has 7inch skelitons
>>
>>5256788
>Can't please a woman.
is there some one who can ?
dont feel bad man, ad why dont you try to improve yous sculpt skills i practiced with sculpey for months before even try to cook it
im still a shitter painter thoug
>>
>>5256794
>>cheaper than actual figmas
THAT I can't give a definitive answer on since I don't have a completed figure set at this moment (curvy will be the first one), however like Strangefate I'll be offering sets of parts to build up the figure in sections. Folks from /k/ are familiar with this concept with building up a gun piece-by-piece: the total cost of the whole figure will be the cheapest in total, but building the figure one limb/section at a time will be less brutal when spacing the purchases out for those living paycheck-to-paycheck. That's all I can report for now. Gonna test-print one of curvy's arms soon, I'll post pics in a few weeks when I get the parts in.
>>
Has anyone tried 3D printing joints? Are any of the materials feasible for ball and swivel joints?
>>
>>5256851
well right now archetypes are around $100-150 and theres gonna be re-release in november but the price is gonna be around $30-35
>>
>>5256880
a dude was going to post a joints tutorial last thread i dont know if he did
>>
About a year ago I made a custom CW Flash minimate ( first minimate on the left). Around a month ago I made second Flash ( in the middle. arguably the weakest Flash). Last week I finished a third Flash ( on the far right and one of my favorite figures).
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1532x2052) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1532x2052
>>5256880
I've tried a few attempts at printed figma-esque wrist joints, the main problem was the size constraints using the normal nylon resin Shapeways uses. Basically I couldn't perfectly match the figma 4mm wrists and had to do a few tiny mods to get the joints to assemble. When I glued the little center peg that holds the two halves into the center it held up decently as a tiny joint, all things considered. I'll be printing a batch of 5mm wrist joints in my next order and see how well they hold up. Larger joints should be easier to work with, I would guess.
>>
>>5256993
Have you tried any other materials like their acrylic? It's too bad shapeways is so limited in terms of plastics. Consumer printers can use polystyrene, metal-infused plastics, and bunch of other plastics to try and I'm tempted to start saving for one of the nicer printers like a Makerbot Replicator
>>
Ogon Bat anon here.

How difficult would it be to sculpt a decently realistic human skull?
The best thing I've sculpted was a couple of articulated medabots in clay when I was like 12.
>>
>>5257071
That's the problem. Acrylic requires everything to be at least 1mm thick everywhere, whereas the nylon can allow things to be as thin as 7mm. The problem was that the Figma 4mm joints require too small of dimensions to replicate with nylon or acrylic. Now, FUD could do it, but it'd be more expensive. I'm trying to get the curvy/commission parts to be acrylic-capable in their dimensions, but wrists are most likely going to be WSF and FUD only. And curvy is thick. A loli-type figure able to take printed Figma style joints while not looking like big revoltech balled joints on the trim parts is going to have to be only available in WSF and FUD.
>>
Hi /custom/ I have a question for you guys since you guys are the experts.

Is there a way to remove the white frosted super glue mark without rubbing the paint off figures? I know acetone works to rubb off super glue frost marks, but I'm afraid it's gonna rub off the paint of the figures too. I just picked up this $5 dollar marvel legends figure from ebay
>>
File: IMG_4517w.jpg (60 KB, 800x641) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4517w.jpg
60 KB, 800x641
>>5253832
>>5256851
>>5256993
>>5257615
so just for curiosity, could you tecnically just change the scale to double and also make 1/6 figmas bodys for the anons that use that scale
i mean a figma or queen's blade like body on a BJD/Hottoys scale ready for customize
i'll fucking buy that shit as soon as i'ts out nigga

making them hollowed maybe for price of course
>>
>>5256788
I can sculpt, paint humans, and please a woman, and I can't do mechanical stuff for shit, want to trade tips?
>>
>>5256880
I've 3d printed joints on my DLP machine no problemo, they don't have an amazing tensile strength so I have to make a mold, but you know 1 hr to print a tray full of joints every time vs 10 minutes for my joints to cure in a mold is a better use of my time. Money, too. Cost me about .50 a piece of print one vs .05 to cast one.
>>
>>5257071
Makerbots are good but not for the price, a friend of mine has a DaVinci that he hacked, performs just as well as my other friend's makerbot. If you've got the technical skills I'd suggest getting the DaVinci you can often find them under $400.
>>
File: Kamille.gif (37 KB, 385x550) Image search: [Google]
Kamille.gif
37 KB, 385x550
Can anyone recommend me some figma that would serve as a good base or potential swappable pieces for Kamille?
>>
File: 20151028_153813.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20151028_153813.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
I have an old McFarlane John McClane head that I tried cleaning up and putting on a Terminator Genesys body, but it just looks like Bruce and Nic Cage had a baby.
>>
>>5257664
Huh, never considered that.
Sure! Some slight retooling for hollowing out parts will be needed, but otherwise it'll just be a double-sized figure.
>>
>>5257615
Oops, just now realized I meant to say 0.7mm thick for nylon. Derp.
>>
>>5257797
Figma aragi would make a good base, hairstyle is similar and his uniform could be easily modified
>>
>>5257726
A DLP machine? Like the printers that cure liquid resin using a laser? When casting do you also use resin and are the cast parts strong/durable enough to be feasible for long term joints?

>>5257727
Do you know what that hack entailed? Just software or modifying the hardware as well? There are some cheap reprap open source kits (like the i3 Prusa) that seem to print nicely but I've heard they can be very finicky and require constant maintenance and/or adjustment.
>>
>>5257723
>can pelase a woman
:) nigga you liar
>>
>>5258602
>A DLP machine? Like the printers that cure liquid resin using a laser?

Yes, well in this case mine is a machine that has a video projector beneath it that flashes images through to a vat of liquid.

>When casting do you also use resin and are the cast parts strong/durable enough to be feasible for long term joints?

I use a few different smooth-on products for my casts, mostly because I have a local smooth on supplier and get a good discount, both the Smooth Cast and Task products make for good toy parts. Joints in Task are going to be stronger but if you are gentle with your stuff, ie not going to throw it around like a child, smooth cast can be ok in a pinch because it's generally less expensive.

>Do you know what that hack entailed?
This video should give you a rough idea. I haven't watched it but I'm told that the newer models might be a bit different to flash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjuCvlnpB7M
He tells me that the DaVinci firmware and software is garbage, despite the machine itself being awesome, and that it uses DRM on its plastic so you can't use 3rd party plastics out of the box. Flashing/hacking it allows you to use 3rd party plastics and software that really makes the machine shine.

>There are some cheap reprap open source kits (like the i3 Prusa) that seem to print nicely but I've heard they can be very finicky and require constant maintenance and/or adjustment.

Welcome to 3d printing, it's only when you get into the industrial machines that will run you six figures or more that you exit the territory of constantly needing maintenance and adjustment.
>>
>>5258602
I was going to say the davinci had the advantage over that reprap because it's build volume is pretty big, but it looks like that i3 Prusa has the same build volume. If you can afford to drop the $300 or whatever on it and know what you're in for I'd say do it. You can make your money back and then some in one job.
>>
>>5258602
Did some i3 research really quickly and found this thing had some great reviews, comes assembled and calibrated.

http://wanhaousa.com/products/duplicator-i3-steel-frame
>>
>>5259054
I see, thanks for that information. I guess casting joints may be the best option in any case.

>>5259130
That looks good. I'll continue researching but those sample prints in the video look very clean for $400.
>>
>>5259145
Keep this thread updated on what you find. I'm in the market for a second machine. My DLP is amazing but I can't do larger items cheaply, and I've just continued to use shapeways for big stuff.
>>
File: 20151101_214000.jpg (211 KB, 598x1063) Image search: [Google]
20151101_214000.jpg
211 KB, 598x1063
Not sure if I should put it here or in BST, but would anyone be interested in buying a Sonico Tiger figma without the Coat/Guitar for using as a base? Pretty much bought it to for the coat on Clover and the guitar for Daft Punk so I have no real use for Sonico's body.
>>
>>5259204
I will but under $500 it seems like the Prusa is the best option. But amazon reviews say the Wanhao USA Duplicator i3 Prusa you posted has poor worksmanship and problems so maybe it might be better to get a kit. Some of the problems I've heard about kits is that the quality of the parts isn't always great and can either have defects or the built printer is unstable unless on a perfect surface. DESU it seems to me like the best option in the long run is to just wait for these Chinese companies to improve their quality or higher ends printers to lower prices.
>>
>>5259393
I'm not sure I trust amazon reviews, those people generally don't know how to use a pair of calipers.
>>
>>5259228
$$ ??? how much are whe talking about ?
>>
>>5259513
I guess $25 with shipping, accessories of that scale for a trade would also be cool.
>>
head's up for those who use Shapeways.

Free shipping from now until November 8th.

Promo code: FREESHIPNOV

Time to send in my next set of orders.
>>
>>5260103
Does it work for shipping out of the US?
>>
>>5260145
>The fine print: Promo code FREESHIPNOV applies to our lowest-price shipping option in each country. No cash value. Expires November 8, 2015 at 11:59PM PDT.

Yes.
>>
Am I retarded or there are just no 6 inch scale hands in all of shapeways?

>>5260358
Thanks.
>>
Made a rose box so T-800 can hide his rifle. I also made a little rig so that the box could float in an action pose forever. Pic here because I didn't want to flood the board with a repost:

>>5261309
>>
>>5261352
you got a different angle?
>>
File: 20151102_231217s.jpg (772 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
20151102_231217s.jpg
772 KB, 1500x844
>>5261360
>you got a different angle?

I taped a long bendy wire (like the kind toy packages) to the insides of both boxes and wrapped it around his wrist. Taped the roses to the inside of the box and posed them using the bendy wire stems.
>>
>>5261382
CONSUME
>>
File: tumblr_nwh9kwOk671rdjju0o1_1280.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwh9kwOk671rdjju0o1_1280.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
I'm looking into making a 1/12 Pequod from MGSV. Anyone have any suggestions as to figures I can mod into him?
>>
File: _DSC0936b1.jpg (745 KB, 1000x1504) Image search: [Google]
_DSC0936b1.jpg
745 KB, 1000x1504
>>5261476

Haha, good eye. It was my Halloween costume.
>>
>>5261505
What are you guys talking about? You dressed as just some guy for Halloween? Why is there a human face on your table?
>>
File: IMG_3910[1].jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3910[1].jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
Gonna need someone's extensive knowledge of figma joints.

What other figma(s) have the same sized white shoulder ball joint as the pig-tailed Drossel? Mine broke shortly after unpackaging it. Inb4 hamhands
>>
>>5261509
Go watch a movie called "They Live" then come back to this conversation...
>>
File: 20151103_001106.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20151103_001106.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
I swapped out the head on my custom for the newer one from the Genesys Arnold.
>>
>>5261563
>Just some guy.
>Human face.

If you reread that post I think you'll get the joke...
>>
>>5253253
I made this guy to start with.
>>
>>5261738
Yesh, I know this paint is shitty.
>>
File: zu.zain.da.gif (19 KB, 275x400) Image search: [Google]
zu.zain.da.gif
19 KB, 275x400
I'm working on some custom Gurongi/Lords for my Figuarts Kuuga/Agito and I need to know if there is some type of flexible Material that I can use for straps, certain body armor, and etc.

Also does Amazon have a Hobby cloth I can use for loincloths?

Pic related, first project.
>>
File: pmop_final.jpg (297 KB, 1329x708) Image search: [Google]
pmop_final.jpg
297 KB, 1329x708
I finally finished this to my satisfaction. I don't know yet if I'll keep it or give it to someone as a Christmas gift though.

If you need colored vinyl to cut decals from, check eBay, you can usually find vinyl in a range of colors sold as $1 sample sheets. Since it's automotive vinyl you can get some sheets that look like metallic paints.

Anyway, a rundown of what I did-

>bumper, grille, smokestacks, pelvis spraypainted silver and sealed with Pledge
>tiny button painted yellow to mimic belt decal, inner clip snipped so you no longer need Hi-Q
>eyes painted blue, matching how the reissue did it
>chrome vinyl decals cut for stripes with extra stripes on arms
>silver on wipers and chest windows
>larger vinyl decals cut for the chest- repro decals are too small to fill the area and I damaged them opening the torso anyway
>removed the trailer hitch to make the feet look better- left leg joints needed minor work to compensate.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-02-16-39-59.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-02-16-39-59.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>5257664
where are these body's from? these look fantastic.

I wanna make some women for my Jason figure to slay. some dudes too.

I want to make a head sculpt of Tommy Jarvis, one with hair, the other without hair like I no part 4.
this female body is cheap, only 20 bucks. Seth I ng to start out with.
>>
File: God-Ginrai-06-Truck-Mode.jpg (363 KB, 1000x696) Image search: [Google]
God-Ginrai-06-Truck-Mode.jpg
363 KB, 1000x696
>>5262103
You should paint the parts around the grill red to match the rest of the cab.
>>
>>5262136
I wanted to but masking things off proved harder than I cared to mess with.
>>
File: 20151103_155849.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20151103_155849.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Made some alterations to a coat to replace Dante's. I added a clasp on the back too so it can holster his sword.
>>
File: 20151103_160137.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20151103_160137.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>5262448
>>
>>5261738
use some base coat before the paint , to fill all that 3d printer texture
>>
>>5262114
hot toys man, the avengers Black Widow and some other ones
>>
>>5262448
Which coat is that? It looks amazing, I'd like to know the process.
>>
>>5262896
Quentin Turnbull from NECA. You can get him for like $6, the coat barely needed repainting, I only did minor touching up. The arms at the right peg size too, I just painted his gloves black to match Dante's.

As for cutting it to fit, I had to take about a quarter inch out of the back to think make the shoulders not as wide so it looked right. Was a little awkward but not too hard to do.
>>
File: 20151103_204710.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20151103_204710.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Just finished a Mad Max figure. He's covered in little weapons and items you can actually remove from the holsters.
>>
>>5262923
he looks really disoriented
>>
Quick question:

Are there any special procedures to removing lead-paint from a bootleg figma? I got a Bride Saber Lily figure for fodder months back and been wondering if removing the leaded paint the Chinese use requires any special techniques or shit. I just want to get the toxic shit off and make it safe to handle. Will non-acetone nail polish remover get the majority of the lead-compounds off?
>>
>>5262931
just lick them off
>>
Anyone know if someone recasted the Megaman X Ride Armor kit?
>>
File: 20151103_204857.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20151103_204857.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>5262928
I'm still trying to get better at painting eyes.
>>
>>5257872
I wonder what this would look like if u shaved the hair down and went for current day bald Bruce...
>>
>>5262782
jeez, looking at 200 dollars a figure.

definitely not in that deep, jeez.
I think that 20 dollar deal is the best one for me know any accurate female and male body makers? preferably 8 inch figures is what I go for.
>>
hey, I need to make a custom and I was wondering what is the curviest 1:18 scale figure on the market right now? Ideally I would like for it to be about 3.75-4 inches tall, preferably something not too expensive or rare.
>>
>>5262923
Loving everything but the head, what was that originally?
>>
>>5263340
It was a Chris Redfield, its all I really had outside of Arnold head casts.
>>
>>5263386
Oh that explains it, the NECA re5 chris? Always hated that headsculpt for some reason.
>>
>>5262984
>>5262923
Looks great. sure the eyes need work but it does look like mel gibson.
>>
>>5252972
still curious if the person that made top right is willing to commission some fine asses.
>>
>>5263402
My sister said the head looks a bit like Keanu. Just looks like a generic white guy head to me.
>>
>>5262931
This is going to sound like one of those, "My dad works at Nintendo" kind of statements... BUT

My sister has a degree in Toy Design, that's a real thing, and she had to tour and learn about the factories in China. Leaded paint isn't particularly good, but just handling it isn't going to kill you. In fact many of those lead paint scares a child would have to literally suck the paint off of about 10 or more toys to finally get poisoned by the lead.

Yes, we have lead regulations for a reason, but you're seriously totally fine with your boot leg figures.
>>
Since there is no threeA general I though I mufgt ask this here. Are all threeA body parts for their 1/6th female figures interchangeable? Like could I just kit bash together a figure out of parts? I don't really care about the 'lore' of Ashley wood or any of his characters I just want a cool looking chick figure made from parts.
>>
>>5263567
Your sister actually went to one of the two overpriced schools in the country that offer the degree? How is that working out for her?
>>
>>5263896
Pretty much. All you need is a screwdriver to take the bodies apart.
>>
>>5263567
Thanks. I was mainly worried the residual lead compounds would poison my dogs from second-hand contact (like say, forgetting to wash my hands). But if a child would need THAT much exposure to the toxins just to get some lead poisoning, then I'm not worried since I'm stripping off the paint anyways.

Once again, thanks for the info!
>>
>>5264011
20 years ago paint with that much lead in it was probably legal over here. Hell, there's stuff that's legal here that in 10 years probably won't be. As long as you don't go around putting this shit in your mouth you're mostly fine.
>>
>>5263916
Terribly. She worked as an intern at like 4 companies, and then the physical toy market has pretty much shriveled up.

Don't get me wrong, its still here, but just not even remotely in the presence it had a decade ago because of smart phones and shit.
>>
>>5264174
What did she do exactly?
>>
>>5264269
Mostly concept art for a few companies, sometimes sculpting. She pitched a toy line for a series of spooky dolls that can be popped apart and back together a few years before Monster High was around at a senior show for her college. They said it wouldn't sell.

Most companies sent her written letters about how much they loved her art and loved working with her and guaranteed permanence at their company and then just never called back.

Basically her dreams got shit on, even though she graduated at the head of her class. Nearly got a job with the Angry Birds company Roveo, but they didn't want to relocate her to Finland or wherever the main office is.
>>
>>5257723
Here's some tutorials I refer to for metal. Super simple stuff, I mainly dry brush anyway.

http://www.tinyworlds.co.uk/blog/painting-aged-patina-bronze/

http://www.tinyworlds.co.uk/blog/simple-weathering-tutorial/

http://www.tinyworlds.co.uk/blog/quick-rusty-metal-painting-tutorial/
>>
>>5263567
What's the warning signs if a toy has leaded paint?
>>
>>5264934
Feed it to a dog, if the dog dies you got probz bob.
>>
So, I bought a Marvel Legends for cheap to use as the base for a custom but, I just can't believe how bad these things are.
Never mind look, but that's not what concerns me.

How hard would it be to custom the torso to use a balljoint like the ones figmas use inside their torsos?
>>
>>5265293
What surprised you the disgusting rubber joints? O don't know how ML gets away with those gross rubber knee and elbow joints. A few of mine have legs that wobble side to side because of that and can't stand up properly anymore.
>>
>>5261738

Damn, I would definitely pay for this figure.
>>
>>5261738
You printed this yourself? You've got some calibrations to run. I might be able to help. What's the machine? Have you ever heard of Benchy?
>>
>>5265306
>What surprised you the disgusting rubber joints?
Just, everything.

The shitty pseudo-ratcheting rubber joints are the worst fucking joints I've had the displeasure to handle, the cuts for the thigh, waist and calf joints look ugly as sin, the abcrunch barely does anything of note but still mucks up the sculpt; this is more about the quality but the plastic used for the torso is flimsy and the torso being hollow makes this stick like a sore thumb, half the joints were stuck when I tried posing it, and there's mold flash everywhere.
The only thing that made me glad was that none of the shitty joints were bent or warped, yet.

As things are I'll have to recast every rubber joint in it if I want this to work. Every other limb joint is serviceable enough.
>>
>>5265342
Marvel Universe is not horrible, at least the one figure I have.
>>
>>5265342
Oh man you noticed the ab crunch is a total fucking lie too huh? I wonder why they keep doing it.
>>
>>5265342
>>5265373
This is the reason I stay away from ML.

I hate the "Clicking" joints, the plastics are gummy and poor, it's a child's toy shipped as a "Collectors Item".

Normally I just stay with Japanese figures, because at least I can enjoy playing with them, instead of feeling like the plastics going to warp or strip.
>>
>>5265385
I keep forgetting that the quality isn't as good as it once was and picking them up, getting them about half way to checkout and throwing them on the floor.
>>
>>5265385
The current ML pricepoint makes no sense to me. It's a 'collector item' that's garbage, they don't look that great, have bad paint apps especially on characters with a visible face or eyes, but if you gave them to a kid they'd break easily. They are all around worse than a NECA figure at about the same price, most of them reuse parts from years-old figures, usually not many accessories to speak of. Face it BAF parts isn't a feature it's a fucking obligation, a marketing gimmick to get you to buy everything so if I just buy one figure in the line I didn't get jack shit, I have a leg that I can now attempt to eBay. Hero Mashers, a piece of shit kids' line have better construction and use mostly new sculpts, not a lot of reused parts, about the same amount of plastic if not more, about the same QC, costs less, but have shitty cartoon sculpts. All of the ML characters you might want are short packed, hope you like Space Ironman. All the figures ripe for customization, even fucking Chameleon who comes with three heads so you can conceivably use him as three figures, just as shortpacked as popular characters if not more so.
>>
>>5265386
What really did it for me was when I found a Carnage. I was just happy was fuck until I got home and found out that the figure was broken at the hips, leaving the hips to flop around and wiggle loosely.

I'm a beginner painter and I could do a better job at paint apps and I'm just scared to death to even play around with a ML, they just feel so fragile.

>>5265389
I'll admit that back when Toybiz made ML, They were fine. Now that Hasbro or whoever has it, they just cut costs worse than any line I've ever seen. I can understand a 3.75-4" figure, but with a $20+ figure you would expect more.
>>
What does epoxy clay feel like when it's hardened? Is the some plasticity to it?
>>
>>5261738
>>5261739
Thin your paints. It will help a lot.

Go onto /tg/ and find their WIP threads to ask for advise. Also, next time sand down your parts more if those are 3d printed.
>>
>>5265587
There are many different kind of epoxy that have different results. You can get different results from one kind by just adjusting your ratios.
>>
>>5265389
I'm glad I only had to pay like 10 dollars for mine because I don't understand people paying more than that for them.
The worst for me is knowing that the caracters I like are C-listers and that no other line will pick them up.

Maybe I'll get Chameleon but other than that I feel I'm done with the line.
>>
>>5265612
What do you prefer for sculpting Heads, bodies, weapons?
>>
File: 20151105_143803.jpg (840 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151105_143803.jpg
840 KB, 2048x1152
So I'm gonna be using some epoxy to scuplt on some hair for this guy. Should I leave it on his head while it dries?
>>
>>5261382
Oh shit I found your Tumblr by accident and recognize you from TFW.
>>
>>5261382
>>5265901
I see you're also hesitant to post about Ollie's on the sightings thread.
>>
>>5265652
Polymer clay that cures in standard home ovens.
>>
>>5265935
Only problem is that I need something that can go on a existing figure, without roasting it in the oven.

I have some P3 Brown stuff that I bought ages ago, and thought about trying it for weapons.
>>
File: Predator40.jpg (37 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
Predator40.jpg
37 KB, 450x600
>>
>>5267230
I'm using pic related these days for castings and adding mass. The stuff begins to harden about 20min. after you get it evenly blended, full cure in 2hrs. Its cured form has a hardened consistency similar, albeit softer, to Hasbro ML plastic used on body parts. You can cut, sand, drill, dremel, and whittle it rather easily and boiling it still makes it pliable like normal plastics. Walmart and hardware/home improvement stores sell it for about $6-7 a tube.

Some advice: use dental floss or fishing line to slice sections off by encircling a slice at the desired cut-lin, it's also VERY sticky even in unmixed form, so be sure to keep unused epoxy in the plastic wrapping up to prevent premixed residue sticking to things.
>>
>>5268116
What pic?
>>
Any tutorial/tips for zombification?

I got some 1:18 spare and was thinking in makin them a zombie horde but don't know how.
>>
>>5268929
Dip it in acetone. I dunno, may really work.
>>
>>5267290
Pretty damn cool but Wolf's face always seemed goofy to me.
>>
>>5265331
yeah, I printed this. I have a XYZ Da Vinci and I just found out the stabilizers on the Y axis snapped off. Ill take a look at Benchy
>>
File: image.jpg (208 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208 KB, 1024x1024
>>5268116
Goddamned phone. Plasticweld epoxy putty.
>>
What would be the best thing to use to sculpt something directly onto plastic? Epoxy?
>>
>>5252972

can someone post some videos of painting tutorials? everything im finding is just shitty quality with terrible lighting and you cant really tell whats going on.

i just want to add some accents to this iron monger BAF just for fun.
>>
>>5269083
Not sure if this will help any:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1q_tI-XK4k
>>
>>5268957
That looks like a tiny amount. You're better of buying some magicsculp. You get a lot for the price.
>>
>>5268953
Is it a flashed DaVinci or are you using their shitty software?
That printer is capable of being way crisper when you use 3rd party stuff. Sorry about you Y stabilizer, yikes.
>>
>>5265907

Well, there are known scaplers in that TFW thread, so I always give the regulars a heads up.
>>
>>5269957
Most of this state is scalpers, man, it's a shame. One of our Ollie's was a forest of Arcees and I go back the next day to get one for a friend and nothing.
>>
>>5257872
looks like Michael Townley from gta V
>>
so for something like black widow's hair on the ML figure, any recomendation for a red paint? was thinking citadel mephiston red or tamiya flat red and then do wild rider red drybrushed over it.

maybe wash it with tamiya smoke
>>
>>5270173
On one hand, it sucks people won't be able to get $7 Arcee from Ollies because of the scalpers.

On the other hand, eBay prices have already gone down to $30 shipped from $40 and up because the scalper market is getting flooded. I'd wager in 2 months prices will be much lower because the supply is going to exceed demand on these things in short order and the scalpers will be breaking even at best just to unload them.
>>
File: Predator25.jpg (36 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Predator25.jpg
36 KB, 600x450
>>5268940

They are some ugly motherfuckers
>>
>>5269720
Its XYZ software I have no idea how to flash it.
>>
>>5271321
You can youtube the information actually, if you're not the kind of person who is into doing this stuff don't let me force you into it. There is a potential that you'll fuck up your printer if you don't follow the directions exactly. But, it opens up the ability to use 3rd party filaments and you can really fine tune your prints to come out way cleaner than the standard XYZ software lets you.
>>
>>5271321
>>5271677
I recommend reading all the information you can find on it at least 3 times before you attempt it just to get an idea of what it involves.
>>
File: Rachnera5.jpg (992 KB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
Rachnera5.jpg
992 KB, 1000x1400
>>5253020
Update on my Rachnera. I'm close to getting her legs the way I want them, just need to refine them a bit more. Also gave some color to the eyes, eyebrows and other eye stuff is up next.
>>
Any tips for removing factory paint on Marvel Legends? I've heard nail polish remover but I've yet to see the a video or image with someone doing it.
>>
>>5274682
Simple Green is a floor cleaner that Warhammer and miniatures guys swear by for removing paint from plastic figures, you soak them for a day or two and the paint usually slides right off.
>>
File: image.gif (216 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
216 KB, 400x400
>>5273862
You wondrous motherfucker. I need to use my downtime for getting back to Papi.
>>
>>5273862
That looks fantastic. Wish I could pre-order one. Good job, anon!
>>
>>5257872

Looks like Reagan.
>>
>>5259228

>Clover in Sonico's coat

Pics!
>>
>>5274682
There's a lot of different approaches, but they're all anecdotal and the sheer variety of plastic types and paint types and factory finishing processes makes it impossible to peg down one sure fire way. The most common approaches are (in no particular order):

-rubbing alcohol
-nail polish remover
-acetone (fucking YIKES, but seriously, people use it)
-DOT3 brake fluid
-oven cleaner
-goo gone/adhesive removers
-purple power
-sanding

You just need to experiment. Always start from the least caustic, and move up. If someone's telling you there's a surefire solution, they may as well tell you why their religion is better than everyone else's with a straight face.
>>
>>5274682
Nail Polish remover = acetone most of the time.
>>
>>5274828
Anecdotal, but I've used acetone-free nail polish remover on a ML Spidergirl (Hobgoblin wave) and it worked mildly well. I should have boiled and popped the figure first, because some crevesses have tiny bits of paint leftover.

I took cotton balls and dabbed them with the remover to rub off the paint. Took about an hour to get like 99% of all the paint off along with re-applying more remover to clean off some smeared paint residue from it dissolving. I then rinsed the figure off with water and dish soap to prevent any remover residue for,img crust.
>>
File: tumblr_mv5j8eHGQV1rzv6d3o1_400.jpg (82 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mv5j8eHGQV1rzv6d3o1_400.jpg
82 KB, 375x500
okay guys, i know this is weird an all, but listen..

I'm really crazy about this online "celebrity" called Amber McCrackin. and i'm thinking about getting my hands on a custom figure of her. thing is, i'm not really a /diy/ guy, and have a few questions to this.

>is it even possible to get a recognizable figure of her? Preferably 6 inch scale?
>if i could get someone to make this for me, how much would i have to pay?

also, i don't want a doll, i want a figure.
>>
>>5275854
Not gonna lie, that's a little weird. Why?

And ya, sure, there's lot's of customizers out there who can make some decent likenesses, whether hand sculpting or 3d printing. I'd suggest looking up various customizers' works and seeing if any strike your fancy as accurate enough and what not.
>>
>>5275859
i know this is weird, but hey, look at all the mikufags being happy with their waifu as a toy.

well, amber is mine, only that she exists IRL.
and she's full-aged, so, no problems with that.

yeah i wasn't sure about the likeness because she's a real person and all. when i think about figures i have heavily stylized stuff in mind but i'm glad it's possible.

i just don't know how expensive this is gonna be and how to find someone willing to make this for me.
>>
File: Papi and Kurusu Heights.jpg (95 KB, 947x685) Image search: [Google]
Papi and Kurusu Heights.jpg
95 KB, 947x685
>>5273862
On the subject of custom Monster Musume Figures...

A little bit of sperging in SolidWorks allowed me to get some decently-close estimates to the first three girls' heights based on the first 'Secrets' pics Okayado did for them, scaled images of the Miia daki, and some known stats on Miia and Papi.

First off, given Papi has a 4m wingspan, scaled with her height it seems she's roughly 4ft tall, so my using Miku Append for Papi's human parts is actually too tall (realized something was off when attaching the 3D printed bird-heels to Miku made her 6in tall). Looks like I'll need to use my Revo Mini Rei or Asuka for making castings.

Which makes Kurusu actually a manlet of just above 5ft tall. Hope that helps you on your Kurusu figure for Rachnee to tie-up, Croix.
>>
>>5275854
>>5275864
just buy a doll and ask the doll threads
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 640x860) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 640x860
Can someone tell me how to make a bane mask for this big guy?
>>
File: Papi Miia and Centorea Heights.png (328 KB, 1122x853) Image search: [Google]
Papi Miia and Centorea Heights.png
328 KB, 1122x853
>>5276067
And according to these proportions (based on Papi's estimated overall height and her head-to-crotch height) Miia's nearly the same height as Kurusu at 5ft even and Centorea towers over the rest at just under 5'8" with her horse body's withers at 3'6".

Sheesh, Centorea is only as tall as me! HNNGH!

Well, that and Okayado has some serious size-inconsistencies with his art.
>>
>>5259204
Right now I'm seriously considering the delta Kossel 2020 from Folgertech. Apparently it can be finicky but if you're willing to take the time to get it proper calibrated it can produce excellent quality with some upgrades.

Said upgrades are magnetic joints and a better hotend (like a E3Dv6).

I'd like to save up for one but I keep wasting my money and that HLJ sale has some tempting gunpla
>>
>>5276102
>Centorea towers over the rest at just under 5'8"

Centorea is a cm shorter than me? What the fuck, I always thought she was pretty tall. Is she a pony or what?
>>
>>5274812
more like nixon tbqh
>>
>>5276140
Yeah, according to the Monster Musume Wikia her horse body is borderline pony-sized rather than full-sized horse.

But as I said, Okayado has some inconsistencies with character heights. Early in the series Centorea looks much taller but over time the proportions changed a bit. I'm not really complaining, it's just kinda funny how his art has done that.

If my estimates are close then I already have a horse figure that would work perfectly for a Centaurea custom down the road (or at least a not-Centorea blank). Getting ahead of myself though.
>>
>>5276070
i just said no Doll. i want a figure.
>>
>>5263094
yeah i cant even afford me a figma around $100
>>5265293
>>5265342
you should have seen how bad the first generation females where in sculpting and articulations i still dont know how they sold
wait for the hero of cheap figma archetype casting/3Dprinting like the rest of us, the bets are on Papi-anon right now
>>5273862
GOD DAMN !!! that's awesome
>>
>>5276114
I just got a replicator i3, waiting on the company to fulfill my order, should be here in a few weeks. I know I'll have to likely replace a few parts and upgrade some stuff but less than $400 for a prebuilt i3 was a steal. There's a really big user base for this model and that's what helped sell me on it. If it has any problems a solid user base that's willing to help me trouble shoot is an insta buy.
>>
>>5276670
Fuck you then.
>>
>>5276670
Alright dude, I'll help where I can.

Firstly, decide on some outfits you'd accept for your figure. You need options just in case one fails the next step.

Then, browse all of the figma line for a figma with similar hairstyle, and another with similar outfit.

From there, it's just hiring someone to do a repaint. I can't give you any leads on that for now, sorry.
>>
>>5276869
Figma would be ideal, but is there a figma with a similar face to her? Figma is mostly anime, isn't it?
>>
>>5276282
>But as I said, Okayado has some inconsistencies with character heights. Early in the series Centorea looks much taller but over time the proportions changed a bit.

Yeah, that's true. It's pretty normal for manga artist to develop changes in their style as the manga goes on.

Good luck with your Papi custom, if you post it I'll be sure to check your progress(and that other anon's Rachnera too).
>>
>>5276670
you want an dollhoe so you can fuck your waifu
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
rate my terrible custom
>>
>>5277119
6 Inch would be pretty small for that.
>inb4 small benus jokes

i just want a figure of my waifu, thats all.
>>
>>5276881
I don't fuckin' know. You're going to have to do the legwork on that yourself.
http://www.goodsmile.info/en/products/category/figma/announced/2015

And if not, then that just means you have to have the hair sculpted as well. It shouldn't be too hard to find a figma with a hairstyle similar to your scene-girl's cut.
>>
>>5276881

> figma
> 3d piggu waifu

dude, just.. no. Unless you want some tumblrshit animoo version of that girl that no one else will recognise.

The fact is that human female faces do not translate well into miniature form. The more accurate it is the uglier it looks. Women use so much make-up and camera work on their pictures that their actual 3d contours don't look like how we think they look. All "good" female likenesses are heavily adjusted by sculptors who flub features like crazy. Even on Hot Toys.

Your best bet I think would actually be to look for a head from DC Collectibles that *you* think looks like that girl. They make the largest collection of decent 'realistic' female faces right now. The runner up being Hasbro's Marvel stuff.

It's going to be very very subjective. Just accept that and get what you like best.
>>
>>5277161
is there a site that lists all dc collectibles, preferably with a portrait?
>>
File: golden bat for ants.jpg (10 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
golden bat for ants.jpg
10 KB, 183x275
Well, according to this kit I only have to paint my ML Blizzard and give him a new head and genie shoes.
Just in case, though; can you guys list me brands of epoxy putty that sticks to plastic? I'm not sure if I can find >>5268957 in my country.
>>
>>5276818
Can you show us some sample prints when you get it in?
>>
File: krampus painted.jpg (127 KB, 912x684) Image search: [Google]
krampus painted.jpg
127 KB, 912x684
>>5277557
Absolutely, I should also get better about posting prints on the old machine here.
>>
>>5275864
If you can find a good picture of her looking straight on on off to the left you can use this. http://www.myfaceonafigure.com/ and just use a figma for the body
>>
>>5277622
http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=107&cp_id=10724&cs_id=1072403&p_id=13860&seq=1&format=2

Hope you can cancel your order. It looks like monoprice has the same thing for $350 and NA warranty.
>>
>>5278097
Not sure it is exactly the same thing despite looking similar.
Wanhao is also constantly making upgrades to the i3 based on popular mods, I don't know if this has any of those.
>>
>>5278114
I assume they're just sourcing them from Wanhao in bulk and selling them in the US at a lower price.

Does Wanhao state what mods they've made? It'd be nice if they had a more expensive model with a good hotend.
>>
>>5278123
That I know of Wanhao doesn't have a comprehensive list of their mods but I went over a few sites with a list of suggested printer tweaks that notes that all newer models have certain things fixed. I don't have it up at the moment and for the life of me I don't remember what the mods might have been.
>>
>>5278146
Well that makes the Wanhao pretty attractive. The Kossel 2020 kits still seem like a contender but it seems to make the most of it you'd need to get a better hotend and magnetic joints, which would bring the total cost up to almost $500 compared to the Wanhao i3, plus assembly. Plus the i3 can apparently print more types of filaments. Please keep us notified.
>>
File: image.jpg (916 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
916 KB, 3264x2448
>>5277121
cmon guys rate it
>>
File: 1445559765441.jpg (163 KB, 574x471) Image search: [Google]
1445559765441.jpg
163 KB, 574x471
>>5278626
>sweet merciful fuck why are you posti-
>see original post
oh it's humor i see now
>>
>>5277796
>http://www.myfaceonafigure.com/
oh believe me, i have enough pictures. Thanks man
>>
>>5277796
> Down Syndrome : The toyline
>>
>>5278443
you should check out their google group
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/wanhao-printer-3d
>>
>>5278443
A few sites are talking about running black friday deals on the duplicator i3, might want to keep that in mind if you were thinking of pulling the trigger
>>
File: image.jpg (717 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
717 KB, 1600x1200
Changed the original gas mask to a more modern but less bulky one. Also working on a undead guardian using a White Walker base.
>>
>>5279714
Unless it's under $300 I'll have to skip it. Plus I found out a nearby hobby shop is having a sale for Small Business Saturday so I might bust $200 there.
>>
>>5278626
Its amazing anon
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (180 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
180 KB, 1280x1280
What's up /toy/ soldiers?
I want to add revo joints on the shoulders and maybe on the knees of my 4" star wars figures (5POA).
Which joints should I get to this?
>>
>>5281146
Correction! it's not shoulders it's their ELBOWS
>>
>>5281146
Why don't you just buy two sets of your pic? It's 50 pieces of mixed parts.
>>
>>5261555
Perhaps a thread in the catalog would be a better option.
>>
>>5281146
That pic makes me wonder: is there any way to dye the plastic used in those joints?
>>
can I use nail polish on this to make it more candy apple or shiny?
>>
>>5281936
From my experience you'll end up removing paint. An actual gloss coating would be ideal. If you're really careful with the polish and don't get it on any of the gold or any other painted part you might be good to go for what you're trying to do.
>>
>>5281936
Nail polish yellows fairly quickly with time, don't do it Anon.
>>
>>5281936
Seconding both comments, it might just strip the paint (it has a lot of solvent in it) and it will yellow over time anyway.
>>
>>5281936
dunk it in future shine? it will rub off and dull over time but then you just reapply it.
>>
File: Red Sonja Custom.png (3 MB, 1924x1010) Image search: [Google]
Red Sonja Custom.png
3 MB, 1924x1010
so im wanted good a Red Sonja figure but i only find nice statues

is there a better start figure with the body like the draw or something betwen supersonico and she hulk body or do i get one of those two

big thights and boobs with fit defined muscles
>>
File: IMG_2658[1].jpg (370 KB, 1296x972) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2658[1].jpg
370 KB, 1296x972
>>5283340
Battleground Teela. Paint hair red. Done.
>>
File: image_zps820d91a4.jpg (59 KB, 597x800) Image search: [Google]
image_zps820d91a4.jpg
59 KB, 597x800
>>5283340
The Mattel WWE female figures can have pretty defined features. And there's a lot of body parts and sizes to choose from that can all be swapped together after boil/popping them apart. Just beware that they're technically 1/10 scale, but on average the females are about the same height as your standard 1/12 male or shorter.
>>
File: JuX3M.jpg (165 KB, 388x798) Image search: [Google]
JuX3M.jpg
165 KB, 388x798
>>5283346
im gonna end getting around 4 but they do look good like marvel legends
the legs from the white one
the torso from the pink one
and the arms from the one in black
>>5283341
>Battleground Teela
the removable top, im gonna get her
even when the bottom is probably gonna be a bitch maybe i'll use her for something else

thanks dudes
>>
>>5283369
Hi! few things to start off with :)
1. Is that you in the pic? Not a lot of women in this hobby, haha, 'tis an awesome thing to see!
2. There's a lot of creeps/weirdos around here so just ignore any hate they send your way. I think what you're doing is pretty cool and brave. :)
3. Hope you don't find this post weird, haha. I'm not a stereotypical guy. If anything, I'll be the one in the kitchen. :)
>>
>>5283400
That might be the cringiest thing I've ever read. Please tell me it's some copy pasta I haven't seen before and you're not being serious...
>>
File: 719285356.jpg (107 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
719285356.jpg
107 KB, 640x640
>>5283400
its copypasta, its funny because the girl in >>5283369 is a fat girl from redit that got fit
[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/JuX3M.jpg[/spoiler]
im making a small reference folder for sculpting the custom
>>
>>5283503
OMG! Who's that chick in that pic?! Porn, nudes, etc., gimme all the sources please!
>>
>>5283795
dude literally 2 seconds on google image search
>www.girlswithmuscle.com/pictures/angelica+enberg
>Facebook /Angelicaenbergfanpage
>>
>>5283503
God your pic is gross. Guys who are into muscle women just need to come out of the closet already...
>>
File: IMG_20151115_175233636.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151115_175233636.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>5277486
Okay, guys. These are the brands that I can get where I live.
pls respond
>>
File: valkury.png (64 KB, 1312x697) Image search: [Google]
valkury.png
64 KB, 1312x697
Something I might print soon. It's is fully articulated and can transform. Ill share a download for it once i finish.
>>
>>5285104
fuck yeah dude, thanks
>>
>>5285104
If you share it be warned that I'm going to swap the head into something like Ron Swanson.
>>
>>5285061
You can't order magic sculp online?
>>
>>5279825
Looks more like a kapra demon
>>
>>5285278
I don't trust my country's customs.
I could try, but fuck dealing with the shipping.
>>
>>5285104
https://pinshape.com/items/14414-3d-printed-macross-valkyrie-vf-1

hear you go.
>>
File: 'tis.jpg (34 KB, 604x450) Image search: [Google]
'tis.jpg
34 KB, 604x450
>>5283408
Comes from this.
>>
>>5286968
>'tis.jpg
perfect
>>
>>5285061

Moldimix (the yellow and blue ribbon) looks like Kneadatite ("Green Stuff"). That would be the stuff. Trim out the middle portion where it's already touching, because it won't be workable.
>>
>>5287573
Thanks, man.
Will I need something to glue it? I thought of using that soldimix thing that becomes a sticky, creamish grey goo that hardens and bonds things.
>>
This is a weird request, that I'll be cross-posting to the BST, but would anybody happen to have a spare black 10mm revoltech joint? I don't wanna buy the big sack of them, since I only need one.
>>
>>5288581
forgot to add my email
>>
>>5287708

The mixed epoxy can stick to the surface itself (some people sand the surface it gets applied to, but you don't have to). Since it is sticky, you might want some petroleum jelly / Vasoline to wipe your sculpting tools with.
>>
Have there been any intensive part swaps for star wars black series 6" stormtroopers? Looking at replacing a broken arm at the shoulder joint with one from a marvel legends like an iron man or similar, but would love to know if anything like it has been tried.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.