[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw the only figure of a character you love is a hideous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: REG-Jacket05.jpg (412 KB, 600x1282) Image search: [Google]
REG-Jacket05.jpg
412 KB, 600x1282
>tfw the only figure of a character you love is a hideous monstrosity

it still burns me that this is the only hotline figure that will ever exist
>>
>>5785761
...Mate were you asleep under a rock when they released the Biker figure?
>>
>>5785761
I mean its not THAT bad, the fact that its over priced is the real tragedy. even the additional masks you can buy for it are 3x the price of the original game
>>
>>5785958
It actually IS that bad, at least in my book. I had more than enough money to afford this, but couldn't justify it due to the fact that it looks like absolute shit.

- Clothes fit very poorly, it looks more like a college kid's shitty Jacket cosplay assembled at Goodwill
- Poor selection of fabric, leading to hyper-oversized grain on jeans. Companies like ThreeA learned to circumvent this look with better materials.
- Shitty weapons. The sword was bending even in the promo images, the shotgun looks cheap and lacking in detail, and the bat looks straight-up bizarre--why does it get all thin by the grip?
- Cheap, shitty base body with ugly hands
- Lazy, sloppy sculpting--the masks are such an iconic part of Hotline, and these look mushy and decidedly amateurish. I don't really like Erick Scarecrow's sculpts in general, but he really shit the bed here.

I figured I'd need to replace the body with a Hot Toys TT (another $50-ish) and even then, the head and clothes and weapons still looked like shit, so that basically left me with nothing. Highly disappointing. I would have paid even more than they asked if they'd pulled it off well, but for this piece of shit? Nah.

Not OP btw, just a random passerby who hated the fuck out of this toy.
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 720x1280
>>5786568
I actually had one for a bit but sold it because I decided I'd eventually just get the MMM version.

That being said, in-hand it's not that bad, my biggest complaints were

>Feather paint on Richard being gray
>Aubrey, Rasmus, and Tony not fitting well
>The bat
>Articulation
The articulation is the biggest bummer for me, the clothing didn't help it either. That being said, the Carl mask looked and fit great on the body.

Could they have done better? Infinitely, but these are unfortunately probably the only figures we would ever get of them so your options are either Mediocre figure or nothing.

Biker could have been much better if they gave him a smaller jacket or made the puffy vest the default. He's also not as ripped as he should be.
>>
>>5786589
The MMM colors are rad, and almost -ALMOST- got me to pull the trigger. But in the end, paying that much extra for a disappointing figure in rad colors just ain't for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (720 KB, 1725x2462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
720 KB, 1725x2462
>>5786630
Yeah, it's a shame the MMM colorway of Biker was so disappointing. It just feels like it wasn't saturated enough whereas the original feels just right.
>>
>>5786589
>>5786646
God, this actually makes em look not too bad. I just wish the clothes were done better, they look so badly fit.
>>
>>5786654
It helps to pull them back after you pose them to make them a bit more formfitting, but the bodies themselves are shaped kinda weird so it's a double edged sword.

Doesn't help I posed them like shit in that pic
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.