[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quadcopter/Drone thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: $_57.jpg (80 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
80 KB, 800x800
I'm thinking of getting one of these little buzzing bastards but I want to see my options first. It must have a camera or a way to mount a camera, preferred would be customisability.

I also want to mount little remote controlled bb guns on one, but I'm not sure how that'd work.

Finally, it'd be nice if it had a flat top and/or a way to hook shit to the bottom. I reckon it'd be ace to fix on some lego (or god forbid mega blocks) shit as 'pilots', and maybe a jeep or something to the bottom (wouldn't it be ace if it could unhook over the ground)

/sperg

But yeah. Drones and shit.
>>
>>mounting a camera
tons of quads by syma and hubsan have 'em built in, but you definitely get what you pay for with the cameras.

>>mounting an airsoft
don't bother, you'd need at least a sixth channel to actuate the trigger/firing mechanism, it will add too much weight for what you're willing to spend, and you're an idiot

>>flat top
can't think of any that have a strictly speaking 'flat' top, but even the x8c in your pic has enough real estate up top for a lego minifig.

tl;dr: that syma in your pic fulfills all your requirements, and is fairly affordable.

fly in beginner until you're sure you can recover from radio/gps failure, then fly beginner some more.
>>
>>5277368
I like the creativity of your thought process, but know that the carrying payload is almost nothing for most entry level drones. Sure you could mount some legos on them, I myself play a game with a friend of mine with our small quads where we each put a minifig on the top of them and try to knock the other one off of theirs first, but don't expect to add a ton of weight.

I love the Parrot Bebop, it's only 500 and the parts are reasonable to replace. They also sell it at Best Buy which means you can buy a warranty and anytime your dumbass crashes it you can just swap it for a new one. Cheapest drone insurance available.
>>
Will drone registration actually come to fruition? I thought that drones and quadcopters were deemed outside of the FAA's jurisdiction by a federal judge, does that not matter anymore?
>>
>>5280790
>asking /toy/ about legal stuff
>>
>>5280798
Yeah... I didn't think about that one.
>>
>>5280790
i think the current 'regulations' being considered are anything over 250 grams. toy grade and some smaller race/fpv stuff is safe. i wish they would just require registration on the phantoms and phantom clones, because the folks buying those are the only idiots crashing them.
>>
>>5280790
thats very cute. The tech is out, people can build these easily. You can't make people register things they build in their garages.

of course since politicians don't understand these things they may try. In reality all they should be doing is setting strict punishments for people who misuse them instead of trying to stop people from having them. Same thing as with guns.
>>
Target has one with an HD cam for Black Friday. Look into it
>>
>>5281877
I agree with you. A lot of the issues are part of the learning curve for people. I am willing to bet that even the dumbest drone owners now know that flying next to a forest fire is a bad idea. Simply adding in a punishment should be sufficient to make sure it never happens again.
>>
File: legodrone.jpg (219 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
legodrone.jpg
219 KB, 1000x563
>>5284853
Anyone know about brickdrones?
>>
Try /diy/ for this sort of stuff.
>>
>>5277368
Are drones really "Toys"
>>
>>5294196
Yeah, they have palm sized drones and they are RC toys just in general. Don't get caught up on the word "drone", they can be remote control toys.
>>
>>5294196
They are found in the toy department.
>>
Are quadcopters just R/C planes for people with no skill?
>>
Considering getting one like the parrot for christmas.
>>
>>5280778
How much is best buys warrenty? How often does stuff break?
>>
File: skyviper_stunt1_760.jpg (60 KB, 760x566) Image search: [Google]
skyviper_stunt1_760.jpg
60 KB, 760x566
How does the Skyviper compare to other drones around the same pricerange ($70-120+), particularly the Syma stuff? I get the feeling the Sky Viper stuff may be overpriced in comparison due to the brand name and being in US stores.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.