[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BJD/Doll Thread: Friendly recast debate edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
Last thread >>5697867

FAQs:
/toy/ - bjd.buyfags.moe
/jp/ - dollfaq.buyfags.moe

Doll news:
>bjdcollecstasy.com

WIP Database/Height comparison:
>dollection.fi

Doll magazine scans (patterns!):
>plus.google.com/112174196208952755265/photos
>>
>>5741022
Ay, reminder to not throw a shitfit when someone doesn't agree with you.

Here's what we discussed in last thread:

>Kayke does more TMI stuff post-Doll A-Kon, also has to modify Coffee before she sends her out to customers that have waited a year.

>Once again we discuss how furries aren't into the market

>Fairyland hippogriffs sellin' like hotcakes

>Recast debate ongoing
It's okay if you're on either side, but don't devolve the conversation to namecalling and shit that may derail.

Pretty sure there was a lot I've missed. I'm so out of it.
>>
>>5741049
I thought that was a bundle of cigs hangin off the girl, but I'm guessing it's a tassel?
>>
File: tumblr_o5vrtn97kW1vo1if7o1_500.jpg (121 KB, 445x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5vrtn97kW1vo1if7o1_500.jpg
121 KB, 445x640
>>5741056
Yeah, one of those made from strips of leather, it looks like. Doesn't look so great at that scale. Dem nails tho.
>>
Any faceup tips on how to make a macho boy sculpt look cute and innocent looking ? I don't want to turn him into a faggot.
>>
File: 005.jpg (103 KB, 800x794) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
103 KB, 800x794
>>5741483
Blushing and eyebrow shape? Venitu isn't a macho sculpt, but he's the manliest doll I own, so... yeah. Add some blushing to the cheeks, but not pink or girly colors, more like a warmer skin tone, and adding that across the nose always makes a doll look cuter to me too. Sad or worries eyebrows will take any manly sculpt down a notch but if you keep them thick they won't look girly. I've shared this pic a million times in this general but I haven't taken many of this guy and don't have much to choose from on this comp, sorry.
>>
>>5741483
What kind of sculpt?
Macho like the Iplehouse Dexter or softer?
And what is in your opinion a "faggot" look?
Need a little more information than just a few buzzwords.

Venitu anon is right though, arch and placement of eyebrows help a lot, and as usual blushing in the right places.
That's true for most concepts.
Learn how eyebrows change the look and how to frame a face and you are pretty much good to go.
>>
>>5739591
Thank you! I haven't restrung her, but my older blue fairy has like, this tiny hole in her lower torso for the elastic to go through, after you've put the string through tiny leg holes? It's weird and fucking impossible to get the elastic through that top hole.

I can try getting pics later.
>>
>>5741526
Thanks bro that's exactly what I needed.
>>
File: 009.jpg (197 KB, 750x1125) Image search: [Google]
009.jpg
197 KB, 750x1125
>>5741972
no problemo anon. also consider some freckles nothing more cute and innocent than freckles.
>>
>>5741796
I actually got my shinyfairy in today and she definitely needs to be restrung.. wish me luck.
>>5741526
Did you do his faceup? It's absolutely gorgeous.
>>
File: 003.jpg (191 KB, 750x1125) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
191 KB, 750x1125
>>5742144
Yes, I did thank you. Its one of my better ones. I don't do faceups anymore really, aside from my own dolls and extra heads I experiment with and then sell.

This one is my most recent but I haven't taken any really good pics of it yet because I have to do a bit of editing to make the head match the body better. I haven't blushed the neck/body to match it yet.
>>
>>5742167
That's sad to hear, your work is gorgeous. I really love the brows and gentle pouting look of the other doll you posted.
>>
File: ryantaylor.jpg (37 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
ryantaylor.jpg
37 KB, 320x480
>>5742239
can't take all the credit for his look, i based him off this adorable model
>>
File: IMG_20160618_215042.jpg (1 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160618_215042.jpg
1 MB, 1836x3264
wheres the best place to buy liccas?
>>
>>5742387
There's a decent selection on ebay and Amazon, but you'd probably get better info in the fashion doll thread, not here.
>>
Does anyone know if Dollmix is a legit dealer? I found out about them on Doll Chateau's website. But they have no comments or likes on their facebook page. They also have a lot of discounts for their summer events which seems too good to be true to me. I don't why I'm being paranoid about them but can anyone help me with this?
>>
>>5743959
The truest shit, desu
>>
>>5742045
>>5741526
this doll looks like my ex but more androgenous
>>
>>5742387
I see quite a few on Mandarake when I'm browsing the doll stuff!

>>5743602
I've honestly never even heard of them, so I have no idea. Maybe they are new and don't have much to go on yet.
>>
There's a thread up for some doll clothing patterns, if that will help anyone!
>>5712716
>>
I HATE BLYTHES
>>
So I'm going to be in Japan for 7 weeks this summer and I really want to order a volks SDGr girl. Do they do SDGr girl bodies in their FCS yet? Does anyone here have any advice about buying dolls from Volks in Japan, or good places to buy doll stuff in Japan in general?
>>
>>5745372

Why? Is it because they're trending on youtube and instagram cause that kind of annoys me too.
>>
>>5745439
Different anon but I gotta admit, Blythe creeps me out for some reason. Probably because of the usual lack of eyebrows or that dead look in their eyes.
>>
>>5745439
I'm also a different anon. But because of the Blythe trend among BJD people , seeing them everywhere pisses me off too.
Who popularized this trend anyways? I know that everyone on youtube don't have an original bone in their body and just jump on a trend bandwagon. But who started this cancer? Was it Denali Wind?
>>
>>5745439
third different anon. I just think they're fuck ugly. On top of that, I have never been creeped out by a doll until i saw Blythe. Every single one of them is creepy as fuck, even the modded custom ones. I think it's the eyes.
>>
File: 8689476535_60e634cc54_b.jpg (363 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
8689476535_60e634cc54_b.jpg
363 KB, 1024x683
>>5745439
Also another anon. Something about them is just wrong. It's not even something like the eye/head size. Pullip company's Byul/Dal are of a similar facial structure, but they're very cute.
>>
>>5745672
>cute, cute, cute, child of the corn, cute
>>
I want to get a Blythe to hotglue.

Can they be easily cleaned? Will my semen leave permanent stains on the doll? Do they use washable wigs or are the hair forever there?
>>
Are there any good canada-based faceup artists?
I want someone to do a sickly looking faceup for me.
>>
>>5745672
I like them because they're weird but they are crazy expensive for how cheaply they're made.
>>
>>5745695
Not sure if trolling since actual Blythes are quite expensive, but hey I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Stains are easily removed. Blythe has a hard face and body. Now, you'll want to make sure you don't get anything inside the eyeholes. Then you're stuck with having to remove the whole eye mech and cleaning it. Not fun.

The hair is rooted, but easily washed. You can also re-root Blythe's hair OR shave her hair and give her a wig instead.

Do consider doing this to a fake Blythe, for your wallet's sake.
>>
File: 20160620_222758_resized.jpg (887 KB, 1377x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160620_222758_resized.jpg
887 KB, 1377x2448
Oh boy! Look what I found on a trip to NJ this weekend!
>>
when will this trend end?
>>
>>5745439
Probably the only person here who likes Blythe.

I've collected BJDs for years before I added a few Blythe to the group.
All my Blythe have eyebrows and lashes and are fully customized though.
They are just so easy compared to my group full with SDs and 70cm guys, and you can make mad cash as a customizer.

I'm not a big fan of default Blythes though, the shiny faces without eyebrows just look creepy.

However, I mostly enjoy the ones that were customized by BJD artists, because the Blythe artists might be able to carve well but they paint like shit.
The asian custom Blythes are gorgeous though, it's the western ones that look so creepy.
Blythe in the west is mostly collected by old women with questionable tastes.
>>
>>5746788
It's been going since the beginning of this hobby.
Back then it was a Delf El with gothic plateau boots and questionable black/leather clothes.
>>
>>5746524
Any plans on scanning it?
I can't sew for the life of me, but I've been on a DIY/tutorial spree and I love those parts in Dollybird.
>>
>>5746799
How dare you describe my Super cool El (with a weaboo Japanese name) like that!
(yeah, I was one of those people)
>>
>>5746930
Same anon.
Was also one of those people who carried their doll around the city and took pictures of him "doing stuff" in our apartment, like getting food out of the fridge.

Glad I used an image hoster back then that deleted pictures after a year, so most of my past just vanished.
Bet some people would be pretty shocked if they'd see the trash I produced 2008 compared to my works now.
>>
>>5746868
Sure, I'll scan the patterns from the back of the mag. I can't scan the whole thing since I don't own a scanner of my own (gonna use the one at my office).

Probably Friday, since that's when work slows down the most.

I also picked up CanCan and some other fashion mag I forget the name of. I don't /cgl/ except for the very rare lurk but if you guys or the seagulls might be interested in a couple pages I might scan some just to share the wealth. I always appreciated when someone posts scans because J-fashion magazines are 1,000x more fun than our shitty cosmo and glamour.
>>
>>5745439
I don't understand why their heads are so large, you take a perfectly nice design, nicely tailored clothes and lets be honest they're pretty good quality and then you give them a HUGE tumour head? I mean I like the cute big headed look (nendos etc) but blythes just look ugly and I resent the nice designs being wasted on such ugly dolls. That's why I hate blythes. Not to mention the price tag.
Like >>5745672 said, you can do big heads cute, but they give them those horrifying eyes and weird proportions and they look like creepy babies.

>>5746796 is the first blythe image that doesn't disgust me, but if you HAVE to customise a doll for it to be decent, what's the point? They're too expensive as it is.
>>
>>5741022
Nigga that's kawaii. What is it and where can I get one?
>>
File: 54346.jpg (120 KB, 1023x683) Image search: [Google]
54346.jpg
120 KB, 1023x683
>>5747074
Actually nothing about them is good quality.
They have rubber bodies, clothes are usual Barbie quality, hair isn't really nice, and their face-up is just blushing and painted lips.
Their quality declined in the last years.
Pullips are better looking for the same price straight from the box.
Pullip also has pretty much the same head size, it's maybe a tad smaller but still very huge compared to the super thin bodies.

However, Blythe have a different past.
Kenner Blythe were first released 1972, Neo Blythe are a new version of the old aesthetic.
Probably the reason why in the west a lot of the owners are old women; bet they owned the original ones as a young girl already.
I guess their odd features is their whole appeal.
If you are into BJDs, anime or realism, it's hard to "get" them.

Like said, I'm not a big fan of the default look, but some customizers can do wonders on them.
Painting usually sucks, but a good Blythe carving takes dozens of hours and is very exhausting (and unlike a face-up you can't just wipe it when you fucked up).

> but if you HAVE to customise a doll for it to be decent, what's the point?

That's true for BJDs too though?
Unless you are into full-sets they need to be customized from head to toe.
Only difference is that we don't need to mod the fuck out of their faces in most cases, but that's because we actually have more than one face available.
For many BJDs are already too complicated.
Guess why so many of the Smart Doll owners are first time doll owners.
>>
>>5747029
>I don't /cgl/ except for the very rare lurk but if you guys or the seagulls might be interested in a couple pages I might scan some just to share the wealth.
I'm a /cgl/ regular- definitely post them! Just dump into a thread and run off if you don't want to interact with anyone.
>>
>>5747143
I've always liked Pullips more, again the one in your picture is quite nice actually.
I didn't know the clothes were poor quality though! I always thought they looked pretty nice and intricate.

Well, I suppose what I meant by that is even if you have to customise a BJD the face itself doesn't look ugly most of the time, face up or no face up it arrives looking OK.
>>
>>5747086
Pls respond
>>
>>5747237
The doll in OP's post is from SIO2.
>>
File: image.gif (33 KB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
33 KB, 356x200
>>5745384
So, none of you guys have any advice for me about buying from volks in Japan or where to buy doll stuff in Japan?
>>
>>5747742
There's an Azone store in Tokyo, several Volks stores, Mandarake, and some doll store near the Azone store that I forget the name of. You can also go to closet child, which is like Mandarake but includes clothing as well and has plenty of BJD.
>>
>>5746524
Where the fuck in NJ do you find this, I lived there for 23 years and its only been since I moved that I've found any jmags.
>>
>>5747295
I don't know what that is, but I wager google can tell me. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>5747295
Wait, shit, where can I learn more. Google just gives me shit in chinese/moon. Or some forum post that got BTFO.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 700x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 700x1050
Is SQ Lab dead. I just discovered this Navi head and I need it with this face up or blank and someone I can commission to recreate it.
>>
>>5748439
You're useless, anon.

They have a store on Taobao, so if you want to buy one of their dolls then you'll need an agent (assuming you don't live in China, lol).

I know that their Bleater and Ragdoll BJDs were limited and aren't being sold anymore. Last I heard they were making centaur and cat girl tinies, but I don't think either of those have been released yet.

Anyways, just look up "SIO2 Taobao" or something. It's not too difficult to find.
>>
>>5748635
Pretty much. I think they're technically still in business, but they stopped responding to e-mails and releasing dolls indefinitely.

Try looking for Navi on Y!J or the DoA Marketplace. You could also get her recast.
>>
>>5748127
There's a big Japanese complex called Mitsuwa in Edgewater.

They've got a Kotobukiya bookstore, another toy store, and a big super market/food court (among a few other stores).

I picked up a shit ton of cute stationary, some beauty products, re-ment and gashapon, and some fashion magazines. The toy store has a couple of Pullips for sale and plenty of food-themed key chains and re-ment to serve as doll props.
>>
>>5748641
Oh, the guide made it sound like Taobao was like the plague, so I ignored it assuming it was a bunch of rip offs. So the doll in the OP pic is no longer for sale?
>>
>>5748706
The guide is shit because Taobao is fucking great. It's true that there are a lot of recasts being sold there, but if you use common sense then it's nothing to worry about.

SIO2 is a tiny company and they don't have the means to expand their store outside of Taobao yet. The doll in OP's pic is Ragdoll, and yeah, she's out of stock.

They seem to be churning out new releases every few months, though, and all their dolls are cute as fuck, so I'd suggest following them if you're interested.
>>
>>5748727
Huh. Do they have anywhere easier to follow than their Taobao store? I don't speak Chinese/Moon.
>>
>>5748727
I thought echo wigs is going to be their distributer in the USA tho? Correct me if I'm wrong. She posted about it. And said she was going to start taking their orders next ordering period.
>>
>>5748739
Oh, dude. I had no idea. Thanks for the info.

>>5748734
I can't link their FB page because 4chan thinks I'm a spambot. :( They seem to have a public page that looks like it's run by Echo Wigs?
>>
>>5748645
Hmmmm that's troubling. I found nothing on Y!J but I may have a term wrong or one might show up later. I don't yet have access to DoA marketplace. And I don't know we're one would find a recast of the head, or if the recast is any good.
>>
>>5748727
That looks like CCS, is it supposed to?
>>
>>5748771
Yes, the sculptors pretty much made the hair like that for their doll to cosplay the character. I don't think the doll was sold with that hair, but a different one.
>>
>>5748739
you can also get their dolls, or at least ragdoll when she was available, from stacyspinkocean.com
>>
>>5748820
>stacyspinkocean.com
also i heads up that stacys is saying their order period for her is until july 15th and the site is still allowing you to put her into a cart so they may have some sort of deal doing on with Sio2, so i would message them and ask just to make sure.
>>
>>5745672
They have that creepy vintage doll look, I get the appeal for people who like spooky old stuff, but I don't think I would want one in my room staring at me haha

If you compare the blythe here to the other dolls, I think the main difference is the angle of the face, which makes it look unsettling
>>
File: tumblr_o96hrwkHlz1rdhrruo1_540.jpg (60 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o96hrwkHlz1rdhrruo1_540.jpg
60 KB, 540x540
The more I look at this, the more uncomfortable I feel. I think the one thing that really bugs me is the fact that the lips are uneven. You don't have to even look at it close up to see that.
>>
>>5749257
The upper lip is so completely unreal, did she even try?
The cheekbones extending down to her teeth in a straight line also bothers me
and why does she have a white girl nose?
Really, this face up makes all the flaws glaringly obvious
>>
>>5749257
The nose is also uneven
>>
File: 35678674.jpg (63 KB, 692x898) Image search: [Google]
35678674.jpg
63 KB, 692x898
The doll parts category on the Legenddoll website is like a fucking horror show, but this one killed me.

Kayke's looks like a piece of art next to this.
>>
>>5749711
What is that sculpt?
>>
File: vZnuqgE.gif (922 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
vZnuqgE.gif
922 KB, 500x267
>>5749711
Hey, they're just trying to expand their character models to stroke victims, don't be mean
>>
>>5749257
It's like she smooshed the right side of its face with her palm and either didn't notice or didn't care to fix it.
>>
>>5749354
Yeah, this faceup for real did not help her case at all. The blushing and the dark colors make it SUPER easy to see what's wrong with the sculpt. I hadn't even noticed the lips were this uneven until now.

I might not like culur and I think her shit is boring as hell, but she seems to at least be trying a bit harder than this girl and she did shut her mouth about pre-ordering a flawed doll really quick.
>>
>>5747882
Thanks for the advice, anon. If I do end up purchasing anything worth sharing I'll post it.
>>
>>5749756
You mean other than lopsided?
>>
>>5749756
It's a Doll-Zone Alpha
>>
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 930x698) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 930x698
Hey guess who posted his address online
>>
>>5741049
This doll cute af
>>
>>5750787
what's wrong with their faces?
>>
>>5750911
Owner has no clue how to dilute paint, yet alone paint a whole face-up.

Which is crazy, since DD face-ups are a lot easier compared to a BJD one (easier shapes, less details).
>>
File: 9790421976_c31b78ebab.jpg (96 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
9790421976_c31b78ebab.jpg
96 KB, 500x500
>>5746796
I don't care for Blythes either, but there are a few that are customized to look anthro that are pretty cute.

>>5745384
>>5747742
Well, I'm not sure about the SDGrG bodies being in the FCS yet. VolksUSA has only done the SD16G and SDGrB so far. Finding a good updated source of info on FCS is fucking terrible. I was trying to find out which heads are even still in production as well as new ones.

>>5746799
>>5746930
>>5747020
Same, but was a Chiwoo. My excuse was that girl clothes were easier to find.

>>5750787
Well, that's embarrassing. I feel bad for the one with a sharpie faceup.
>>
I don't get it, /toy/. I thought you bitches loved traps and all those homo dolls?
>>
>>5751053
Boys are gross.
>>
>>5751053
This is 4chan, not tumblr. We're the normies of the BJD community.
>>
>>5751053
i have homo dolls but they dress like men, at least.
>>
>>5751053
They all secretly do but the cool thing to do now is to say you hate it, because is too mainstream. Having cute, girls is the new new thing, that used to be the old thing but now is new again. Give it a year and everyone is gonna be sucking on that resin dick again.
>>
File: DSCF5153.jpg (215 KB, 520x743) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5153.jpg
215 KB, 520x743
>>5751185
>>
>>5750787
Isn't that the guy who makes his ugly dolls call him Daddy while he takes lewd photos and fucks them in piles of rubbish?
>>
>>5752362
>lewd photos

You're gonna have to provide links for that dudebro.

>>5751053

go see /jp/
>>
>>5746788
>(His mom wanted a girl so that's why)
this somehow bothers me more than just the generic girlyboy doll alone. Like jesus, at least try not to shit on actual crossdressers/girly men with your character.
>>
>>5752506
>http://www.figure.fm/en/post/52925/Bedtime+Photoshoot.html

The precursor to this shoot has some really creepy dialgue peppered in. It keeps making my browser crash tho so find it yoself.
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 1000x701) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 1000x701
Guys
>>
>>5751047
>Finding a good updated source of info on FCS is fucking terrible
I know. You would think if they wanted to sell more of their insanely expensive dolls they would make the information available.

I'm probably going to take someone who speaks Japanese with me to ask more detailed questions.
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 600x854) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 600x854
>>5753070
>>
>>5753070
>>5753086
OH SHIT
H

S
H
I
T
>>
>>5752506
As /jp mostly does DD's and VOLKS is yet to sell a male vinyl doll /toy remains the trap doll location of choice.
>>
>>5753070
>>5753086
FUCK YES
NEED LEN
RIGHT NOW
>>
>>5753070
Finally want to know if he has male bits or not.

Also, Kayke is at it again with the coconut oil stuff.
Did anyone ever make long term tests with it?
How did she come up with that?
The reason the whiteness disappears is because of moisture, it also disappears when you put on water, but why would I want my doll to be forever greasy?!

And did only people in the US buy her doll or why does she come up with the Testors stuff.
>>
>>5753196
Maximum if 3 coats, 2 is optimal.

Probably the reason her stuff is so messy, when you need to do everything with 3 coats max you can't do a lot of layering, yet alone work in small steps.
>>
>>5753113
I doubt the lot here is into traps though?
Most male BJDs are not supposed to be traps, at least not compared to your usual real-life/anime trap.
>>
>>5753199

that's what she does with tan dolls, anyway. I know the frosting on tan is a real problem, I have it a lot. I heard purity spray is a bit better?
>>
>>5753086
im not into anime dolls, but this looks sooooo much better than the boy smartdoll.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (186 KB, 1013x702) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
186 KB, 1013x702
come on.
im the only one that see this shit?
>>
>>5753086
Looks like a slightly modded DDH07.
>>
>>5753333
Yes because the lips, nose, and eyes look nothing alike.
>>
>>5753333
Ha. Nice catch.

>>5753338
He looks like Miku with cuter lips to me
>>
>>5753309
I would recommend testors dullcote as well. In 12 years of BJD faceups, it has never once frosted on me. It does have a lot of limitations, but for darker tans, I will always go testors.

I've been having a real problem with other sealants, including MSC and Purity Seal getting super gritty after two coats. It's enough that I almost don't even want to paint anymore.
>>
File: tumblr_o99b88yXza1t1ydfpo1_540.jpg (107 KB, 540x675) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o99b88yXza1t1ydfpo1_540.jpg
107 KB, 540x675
Dear Doll Jesus,
I'd suck your dick for an Azone version of this.
>>
File: 001.jpg (145 KB, 950x687) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
145 KB, 950x687
So I got my eyes from Silent Paradise. I really like them, but they sit a bit too far back because the eye wells in my sooah are uneven and retarded.

Silent Paradise offers very custom sizes. Mine are 16mm eyes with a 7mm iris and the small pupil option. I kind of wish I had actually gotten 14mm eyes because I didn't realize how large and flat the whites of their eyes are. I'm pretty sure 14mm would have fit with no gaps.

Anywho, have some pics.
>>
File: 010.jpg (162 KB, 1000x841) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
162 KB, 1000x841
>>5753537
In doll with no flash.
>>
File: 011.jpg (128 KB, 1000x652) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
128 KB, 1000x652
>>5753541
With flash. Because they sit too far back the flash makes a big shadow because of the top of the eye.
>>
File: 008.jpg (130 KB, 696x1183) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
130 KB, 696x1183
>>5753546
And just showing my doll's shitty eye wells. Should I get a bevel and try to fix them? Anyone have experience?
>>
>>5753426
I use Liquitex in an airbrush and have problems with it frosting myself.

testors always picked up dirt like crazy and had shit for tooth though, i haven't used it since i was a newb. it really works on tan? i'd rather have grit than the sealant gum up and get dusty after a few months
>>
>>5748691
>Edgewater
Ah thats why. I lived down near Cape May, going all the way up past NYC would be a hell of a drive for doll books. Theres a Kotobukiya near me now on the west coast and I'm forever fuckin grateful for it though haha.
>>
>>5749257
>sculpt doll with already large full lips
>overpaint them to miranda sings level fakeness
seriously is it so hard, lipstick should not touch the fucking chin
>>
>>5753471
Fuck me, I've never needed a Kinoko Juice before. Damn those cute little pierced ears. Dare I ask the full set price/availability?
>>
>>5753546
They're pretty-- are they metallic?

>>5753554
I did that with an old doll I had, it's basically a sanding ball on a stick. It would help a lot to at least make the sockets more even. I really love Rainman/Elfdoll, but the resin he used was so funky.
>>
>>5753541
I honestly thought that was a real person until I saw the post above. Nice job, Anon!
>>
>>5753638
not metallic, maybe its just the gradation that makes them look that way? before i ordered them, i asked for clarification on the colors, and i was told that they are "naples yellow in the center, burnt umber, and dark brown for the rim"

this head was originally a sleeping head, so the original owner who modded it did a sloppy job. granted, it was 9 years ago and there weren't as many resources available to people back then. i see that volksusa sells eye bevelers, so i will probably pick one up
>>
>>5753636
Considering this one is resin, you'll have to sell your soul and become KJ's slave for the rest of eternity.

It may pop up on Y!JA, but the only KJ dolls I see up there don't have outfits and run 100,000Y+

I pray Azone gets to do a vinyl release of this because I would 100% preorder.
>>
>>5753628
Reminds me of my mother-in-law. Every time I see her, her lip liner is further and further from her actual lip-line.
>>
>>5753649
Yeah, iirc, their sleeping heads didn't have wells to begin with, right? It's been a while. I know there was at least one company that quite a few modders turned away doing eye mods on because of that.
>>
>>5753650
Do the vinyl releases typically come with similar outfits/eyes?
>>
>>5753641
thanks anon! the eyes really help with the realism, i think its the small pupils. plus sooah is a more realistic sculpt, which was one of the main reasons i wanted it.
>>
>>5753658
yup, the head originally had no eyewells, you can still see the edges where it had been plugged up. the person who modded it had to drill really deep into the resin. i cant imagine how long it took.
>>
>>5753660
Kikipops are not vinyl, not a single part of them is vinyl, they are ABS throughout like a Hujoo with figma-style ball joints
>>
>>5753710
Good to know-- didn't realize they were hard ABS. I thought they had some squishy vinyl like other Azone dolls.
>>
>>5753773

I like mine a lot, but I think if someone thought they were in for Vinyl they'd be disappointed. Resin too. I'd like the little :o face girl, but I'd never pay non-Azone prices for them.
>>
>>5753606
100% agree on testors getting gummy and attracting dirt. I hit it with a hairdryer, which tends to keep the gumminess down, but the dirt is why I ONLY use it on tans. It's a disaster on anything else. The lack of tooth is a pain too, but good airbrushing can generally overcome that if you don't use a lot of pastels.

It's a shit sealant for most BJDs, but it's my fave for tans because I'd rather have a faceup that doesn't frost than deal with constantly repainting one that does.
>>
>>5753537
That's why I make and hand paint my own eyes. My doll's eye socket is retarded too and nothing spherical fits in there. So I make custom fitted eyeballs.
>>
>>5753554
>Bruh...
>>
>>5753787
>Dat Rapunzel
Where did you find her?
>>
Yoooo anyone know where I can get some half-decent 5/6 fiber wigs? Preferably in pastel colors.

I can't find jack shit; I'm probably not looking in the right places.
>>
Can someone help me with some photography tips? I want to take good true to life pictures of my faceups using my point and shoot camera because that's the most I could afford. However my camera cannot capture the details of the faceup like the eyelashes and lip lines and skin textures and it fades the skin blushing to the point that it looks like I haven't blushed anything.
Is there a way to take good, detailed photos without resorting to getting a DSLR?
>>
>>5754296
formydoll.com nigga their SS size
>>
>>5754398
What camera and lens are you using? Are you using a tripod?
>>
>>5754234
Not same anon but pretty sure thats one of the mini Animator dolls from the Disney Store. They come in little clear plastic cases with some accessories.
>>
>>5754398
if your camera has a macro setting, put it on that. (for the camera illiterate, the macro setting is usually represented with a tulip shaped kind of flower.) have really good lighting, and use a tripod to keep the camera as still as possible. that's about the only advice i can give. i used to use a nikon coolpix for my photos, but, like you, i needed a better camera for my faceup photos so i ended up buying a nikon d3100
>>
>>5754410
Thaaaanks bruh
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 490x819) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 490x819
Someone help me find this wig ;___;

I'd really prefer a two toned pastel wig but that's gonn be impossible to find...e_e
>>
File: image.png (906 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
906 KB, 640x1136
Anyone ever purchase from AlieExpress? Specifically the Sweet Strawberry Milk?

Really want to get this ante...do they come with a face up? I don't see an option for it??
>>
File: image.png (323 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
323 KB, 640x1136
Anyone have these eyes in their doll??

Not sure how I feel about them...
>>
File: image.jpg (655 KB, 3490x3490) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
655 KB, 3490x3490
Thinking about placing these two together.

Mystical Unicorn reincarnation baby *-*
>>
File: tumblr_nm3errzT8s1u3eoyoo1_400.gif (707 KB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm3errzT8s1u3eoyoo1_400.gif
707 KB, 260x195
>>5754591
>>5754599
>>5754693
>>5754708
>>
>>5745372
I hate how shiny they are, it's just hideous.
>>
>>5754591
>>5754599
>>5754693
>>5754708
Post pics when you get her :^).
>>
>>5748727
>SIO2
God damn it, I really want their sheep but it seems so difficult to buy
>>
File: wp_ss_20160625_0001.png (73 KB, 798x64) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160625_0001.png
73 KB, 798x64
>>5741022
So, the website says the sales period for Ragdoll is still going, but it won't let me choose to have any extra stuff like clothes or face-up. What gives? Could it just be because I'm using mobile?
>>
>>5754902

I'm good, thanks though
>>
>>5754809
Oh awesome!!

That's for your help!!

(This is why people hate you all)
>>
File: 51378674337461.jpg (107 KB, 1024x746) Image search: [Google]
51378674337461.jpg
107 KB, 1024x746
>>5754969
I think we can stomach that "hate".
You just came into the thread like a lazy idiot, asking silly questions while at the same time admitting on buying a recast and showing zero taste.
What did you expect?
Get some taste newbie and use Google.

I also get the feeling you were already here a few months ago.
There was a similar newbie here a few months ago, who also asked a billion, easy to google questions worded the same way as your posts.
They also asked questions regarding those fugly blind eyes.
As far as I remember people helped out that person to a certain degree, till it turned out that person was a total dumbfuck.
>>
>>5754998
Just remembered, that person also wanted a two-toned pastel wig.

Are you that person, anon?
Didn't you post a confession about how we were soooo unfriendly because we told you it might be better to get a bigger doll instead of some Puki2 as your first?!
>>
>>5753541
>>5753546
These are really nice! Im looking into getting my crew eyes that look more...realistic without being shitty acrylic.
>>
>>5754969
definitely prefer to be hated than to have dumb newbs pic spamming every little thing that catches their eye seeking permission to buy it. this is the LAST place to look for people to hold your hand, especially when all you're doing is buying a shitty recast and cheapo no name 8 dollar glass eyes from ebay.
>>
>>5754969
You have to be 18 years or older to post on 4chan.org.
>>
>>5754599
We had this discussion last thread. Quality is good, they do face ups, bredy gud deal.
>>
Confession time, /dolls/. Which one of your resin captives do you neglect the most? Who's been sitting without a wig while another has 6 extra pairs of shoes? What's the mental block?

For me it's my Doll Chateau. The shape is so different, it's hard to find things that fit, she can't share with my others and temporary solutions look so cheap on her. It's been nearly 6 months since she arrived and she's a constant source of guilt.
>>
>>5754431
No Disney stores in my country but I will look around online, thanks!
>>
>>5754398
The two things you need is good lighting and a tripod. You can get great shots if you just know how to work a point and shoot. Also maybe look at photo editing software.
>>
>>5754969
There's a good guide in the OP. Use it
>>
>>5754431
>>5755275
They're called Disney Animators' Collection Mini Doll Play Set - 5''. They come with 7 accessories (some sort of furniture, some animals, a big pet and food-thing or instrument) and retail for around $20USD. Really good deal, better than the mini American Girl Dolls.
>>
>>5755268
for me its a tie between my lati miel tiny delf centaur hybrid and my tiny delf alice. one the miel's part its because she's a centaur and it just looks weird to take pictures of her inside. for my alice, idk, she's kind of boring. semi considering selling her sometime.
>>
File: example of pic collage.png (515 KB, 606x532) Image search: [Google]
example of pic collage.png
515 KB, 606x532
>>5754942
They probably just don't offer it unless you go through Taobao.

>>5754969
You could do what a lot of people on /cgl/ do and make a pic collage of the shit you want to coordinate to get a yea or nay on it.
I know pic related isn't the best looking thing out there, but it gives you the general idea, rather than spamming for spoonfeeding.

>>5755268
My big beefy Idealian guy. He seriously needs a faceup. I've had him for almost five years now, buying him in pieces. I've attempted faceups on him, but I just can't do guys very well. I'm much better at doing girl faceups, even though they're mediocre.

I know that feeling about the DC. Seriously love their bodies, but it's been a royal pain to find clothing. My Kid body's okay. The 1/6 one I have can surprisingly wear some stretchy MH outfits, but the youth body... I more or less stuck on a guy 65cm outfit to keep her from being naked.
>>
>>5755402
>Lati Miel Tiny Delf Centaur hybrid.
Please post pics because my brain cannot process this concept.
>>
File: mielcentaur.jpg (221 KB, 1000x746) Image search: [Google]
mielcentaur.jpg
221 KB, 1000x746
>>5755486
why not? tiny delfs and lati yellow heads are the same size. lati resin used to match luts, but i heard shortly after i made my hybrids that lati changed their resin first to a very yellow shade, then to a very pink shade or vice versa. at any rate, lati is never consistent with their resin color anymore.

pic is my hybrid. i like lati faces way better than luts so i just switched them out and sold the tiny delf head.
>>
>>5755268
5 of my dolls have been sitting in their box untouched for the past 3 years
im sorry friends, i have failed you...
>>
>>5755268
My poor fucking anthro tiny is sitting in a corner gathering dust looking miserable. I'll work on it once my other tiny arrives to be his companion. They need heavy modding and customizing and I'm not mentally prepared to deal with them yet. For now I'm trying to focus on my shitty SDs. They all look like hobos with shit outfits and wigs.
>>
>>5755268
I have two rolling heads I have been avoiding buying a body for, uh, two and a half years now.
Instead I bought them custom eyes, wigs, outfits, weapons, jewelry and all that other stuff.
To my defense, I still have no clue what body to get for them, but it still annoys me.

On the other hand, majority of my dolls are neglected on the face-up front.
I'm just so busy with commissions that I can't paint, or re-paint, them and instead I buy tons of clothes, wigs and other things to make up for that.
Some of them still need to be reshelled too.

I finally decided to give my EID Arvid an upgrade though, poor guy really needed it.
He just got his new angora wig, will get custom Enchanted eyes AND a new face-up by me in the next weeks.
>>
>>5755268
I've got a doll I affectionately like to call grandpa who is a MoDoll Martin Freeman on a cheap body. I haven't bought or made him any new clothes in over a year and he just basically sits around in the same clothes and sometimes gets a change if I nend one of the pieces he's wearing or gets featured momentarily in one of my other dolls' photostory.

I feel like I don't really know what else to do with him. Sometimes I think the only two reasons I keep him around is because his character is the common denominator in all the other dolls' story and because people always tell me how 'unique' he is and how much 'personality' he has.
>>
>>5756373
I have a Mecha Angel who I call Nan. Glad I am not the only one who does that kind of thing.
>>
What are obitsu bodies like? I'm looking at buying a body and a head sculpt for a friend, not looking at breaking the bank as she's getting into BJD.
>>
>>5756701

Which one, the 40-50cm series?

Pretty good but not ball jointed and not resin. The bodies sell new for 20,000jpy from memory but that only includes a blank default head.
>>
File: 1456141472559.jpg (34 KB, 540x455) Image search: [Google]
1456141472559.jpg
34 KB, 540x455
So, I am a total newbie, and am wondering, if I get face-up/make-up on the SIO2 "Ragdoll", is there a certain period of time after which I would need to wash it off or else it would stain the resin? Also, how easily does make-up smear or get wiped off resin?
>>
File: 1463119097981.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463119097981.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
>>5754591
>>5754599
>>5754693
>>5754708
Back to tumblr with you
>>
>>5756775
Resin doesn't stain as quickly as vinyl, but you generally don't have to remove a face-up just because.
You remove it when it was damaged or when you want something new.
Heads are sealed before a face-up is applied to prevent staining too.

Face-ups are sealed and don't just get rubbed off.
Avoid touching the face, clean your hands before handling.
Also look up some tutorials on doll care, basic doll stuff and so on.
There are a lot of guides on Tumblr too.
>>
>>5751053
I like traps well enough. Seeing all the butthurt confessions makes me want a nice, demure trap doll to abuse. Why is it only ok to kinkshame trap lovers, who are decidedly don't identify as trans?
>>
Kagamine twin doll dump
>>
>>5756979
>>
>>5756983
>>
>>5756979
>>
>>5756983
>>5756987
>>5756984
>YEN PLEASE CRASH BEFORE NEXT YEAR
YEN PLEASE CRASH BEFORE NEXT YEAR
>>
Hey mah homeboiz! I want to coffee dye some tight outfits for my doll. Will the coffee stain and ruin my girl?!
My girl's body is not sealed.
>>
>>5756954

Because trap fans tend to be weirdly misogynistic in my experience, particularly on 4chan. If you like traps because you think it's hot/cute/sexy/pretty whatever that's awesome and more power to you. But if it turns into 'The only good women are the ones with dicks!' And shit like that I tend to side eye.

>demure trap doll to abuse

Most people on tumber are there to look at pretty doll photos not kinky doll photos. It just not the right crowd for it.
>>
>>5757178
Seal the body? Sealent might get stained, but it'll protect the doll underneath. Or wash them out really well, run the risk, check for staining often and when you see it, do a baking soda soak?

Assuming your doll is resin?
>>
>>5757187
The robots/MGTOWs that think the only good women are the ones with dicks probably wouldn't do any better with traps than they would real women. There's just less chance of meeting them.

Not really kinky, at least not in a sexual way. I meant more as enjoying having a shy boy with an understated face-up and mousy, modest hairstyles being a wallflower. Dressed in conservative pintuck dress set while sitting between my more eye-catching girls decked out in frills and lace. Like a less homely Anastasia in a sea of Marie Antoinettes.

In my headcannon, the poor boy would be so uncomfortable, being too close to the limelight. I wouldn't actually draw attention to it or mention anything, but if someone asked why it didn't seem to match the rest of my collection, I'd say he's shy. Completely my little joke.
>>
>>5757216
Sorry forgot to mention. yes it's a resin doll.
Ok I'll do the steps. thanks ^3^
>>
>>5757235
I have a friend who stained a few pieces of fabric for doll clothes, she never had any issues with staining.
Just make sure to rinse them well and better use black tea than coffee :)
>>
>>5757256
ok thank you! I'll try tea then. I figured it would be a better option at first to use tea but I was afraid it wouldn't give colour.
>>
Talking about male dolls, what are some options for vinyl ones? Seems like resin has way more options, but I'm still new to this so I really don't know. I own a 25cm Obitsu and been thinking to get her a brother, but finding a head that looks cute seems difficult. Even on larger scales I still can't be pleased, with, say, the male Smart Doll's head. >>5756987 is what is ideal in my opinion. Thoughts? Do you guys own any vinyl boys? Also, sorry for the long post.
>>
>>5757794
Also, nevermind that I can always use a "female" head, but still, it would be nice to hear some opinions.
>>
>>5757794
Wait for Len and preorder him.
>>
File: Clawdeenplushtime.jpg (933 KB, 1412x1941) Image search: [Google]
Clawdeenplushtime.jpg
933 KB, 1412x1941
I asked this question on the Monster High thread and I was told you guys & gals might know:

Are there any retail clothes that could fit the 17" Frightfully Tall MH dolls? If not, then maybe some clothing patterns? Their body sizes are kinda wonky. Some Barbie sized tops can fit on their torsos, but their hips & long legs are impossible to find something that fits. And don't get me started on shoes...

I want to get the whole Frightfully Tall line before Matty pulls the plug on it. For the price you pay, they really are some fun dolls.
>>
>>5757834
Speaking of pre-orders, any info of when he is gonna be open for pre-orders? Haven't been able to find any info yet.
>>
>>5757953
Far as I know, the closest size that can fit these dolls is minifee size/slim msd. And even then they clothes are baggy. I know yosd tops can work as well, but they are too short and work more like crop tops, plus they are a pain to put on unless they have a zipper or an opening.

Over all they are just a pain to dress and there is not much that comes close to it bjd size, so patterns are a no. But you can make your own with some plastic food wrap and tape.
>>
>>5757953
Uhhhg, fuck you for letting me know this exists.
>>
>>5758046
August is when the next dollpa is, so probably around then.
>>
Do you guys have that one doll that makes you think it's cursed?

I have one, and fuck that bullshit.
Every time I try to commission clothes for her the seamstress gives up midway for whatever reason or produces something that's not even close to my request.
When I buy eyes, even custom ones, they don' fit.
When I try to paint her, sealant always acts up.
Clothes, in her size from her company, often don't fit.

Should have known I'm in for a ride after my order of her was wiped while the company's website got a new look and after she was trapped in customs for a month afterwards.
>>
>>5757187
Me thinks you're conflating trap fans for futa fans, anon. People are still 50-50 on whether liking traps is gay, but liking futa is 100% hetero.

>>5757231
Tumblr seems to only go aggro if you actually use the word trap and nothing more. I've got a trap I post non stop but I only call him a trap here.

So you do you, anon. It doesn't take much to get around the moral crusaders on tumblr.

Incidentally, >>5751053 anon, /toy seems to be a-ok with my trap the few times I've posted him. But it might have something to do with having a doll that intentionally is meant to look like a gril, instead of making an extremely feminine doll and having a meltdown anytime someone mistakes him for a girl.
>>
File: 1778340.jpg (38 KB, 562x437) Image search: [Google]
1778340.jpg
38 KB, 562x437
>>5758796
>but liking futa is 100% hetero.
>>
>>5756701
They pose better than DDs, but are lest aesthetically pleasing to look at naked.
>>
>>5756987
>DDS
>Dollfie Dream Sister
I am bad at runes, but they're talking about the interior structure, yeah? It would be kinda goofy as fuck to call his body a DDS.

>>5758796
Your trap is pretty, though.
>>
Rin and Len are going to be lottery only. Fucking Volks.
>>
>>5756984
Release date when?
>>
>>5759138
october i think
>>
>>5759081
Fuck this earth. I don't think I despise anything else more than lottery bullshit. Hate it so much.
>>
>>5759344
Thats why they invented scalpers.
>>
>>5759435
Scalpers are why the lotteries are bullshit.
>>
>>5759444
Thats simply how Volks decides to run their business.
Boycott Volks then.
[spoiler]You can't[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Volks boycotts you[/spoiler]
>>
>>5759032
It's like you've never met the Futa fetishists, anon.
>>
>>5759081
Snow Miku was a lottery first and a preorder second so maybe this'll be the same.
>>
>>5759344
Lotteries do suck, but it's the only way to prevent selling out all your new releases within the first 2 seconds to the people who are dedicated or have no life enough to stalk the site or stand in line for an obscene amount of time. At least with a lottery it can be moderately democratic.
>>
>>5759081
Sauce on this?
>>
>>5759717
Volks Guidebook pages
>>
I want to pass my recast as a legit just to share pictures of it.

It's in a normal skin tone and has a nice custom face up. I wouldn't share any pics of it unclothed, so nobody would be able to see any details of its body.

How feasible is this/how likely will I be to get caught?

Before anyone bashes me, I own all legit except for this doll. It was limited and too expensive to get secondhand.
>>
>>5757953
You're not going to find anything that fits 100% trust me. I've been using vintage Barbie patterns for tops and dresses and Minifee/Unoa bottom patterns. Their feet are also longer than most dolls of similar height, yet too narrow to fit into stuff for SD. They're just too extreme in proportions to fit much. I really can't understand Matty's current reluctance to sell outfit sets for anything. Even Barbie gets barely anything that isn't just trashy flat dresses.
>>
>>5760004
probably be fine as long as you are aware how close the tone is to the original resin ie don't put it next to a doll that can be used for comparison

>Before anyone bashes me
they gonna do it anyway senpai let it happen
>>
>>5760004
Depends on the sculpt really. If is a fairyland no one would be able to tell much to be honest. If it is from a company that has die hard fans then you are fucked, in every way possible. Like for example if is a venitu, switch, volks or such then I wouldn't even bother. Fans would figure it out pretty quickly, specially because your recast being normal skin is irrelevant as it can be completely different from the original.
>>
>>5745603
It was Andreja I'm pretty sure. They're just scary.
>>
File: plaingril.jpg (469 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
plaingril.jpg
469 KB, 600x750
>>5759032
Hey man, it seems weird when you're not into it, but trust me, them futa fetishists are almost all straight men. The same kind of straight men who will turn around and say traps are gay.

>>5759072
Thanks anon. I know there are quite a few embarrassingly weeb bjd traps out there, but it's nice to know not everyone here thinks mine is one of them.
>>
>>5755411
>that tiny fucking leg
Oh shit Kayke why
>>
>>5760455
Nah, andreja is as original as pebble in the fucking ocean. That shit got started by this one girl I don't follow but is a popular bjd YouTube person, I guess. Her stuff always pops in my feed and she has like rat people? Mostly fairyland and unoas. Then you have all the faceup artists that do blythe commissions.
>>
>>5760004
Why bother?
You decided to get a recast, live with the consequences.
Tricking others just so that you can feel better is a dick move, not to mention it's pretty pathetic.
Seems like you bought that limited just to finally be one of the “cool people“.
There are enough recast communities you can post that doll in.
>>
>>5760196
I definitely wouldn't be stupid enough to put the doll next to another one from the same company or anything like that.

>>5760201
How would people figure it out so quickly? I've seen pics of the legit doll and it honestly seems to have really varying skin tones.

>>5760670
Because I want to? I didn't buy a hunk of resin to be one of the "cool people," I bought it because I like it.
>>
>>5760486
I would be in a relationship with your doll anon. Just beautiful.
>>
>>5760670
Why do recast owners never own up to it?
If you don't want to admit you did something, why do it in the first place?
>>
>>5761074
Probably because the crazies in the anti-recast community pull out their pitchforks whenever somebody does.
>>
>>5760909
> didnt buy it to be one of the cool people
> recast of a hard to get limited
> wants to pass it off as legit
> didnt buy it to be one of the cool people

then why do you want to pass it off as legit if you don't want attention for it? you obviously do otherwise you would just post it in places where recasts are allowed and wouldn't hide that its a recast because you bought it "because you like it" right?

the fucking mental gymnastics you people go through is ridiculous.
>>
>>5760909
>Because I want to? I didn't buy a hunk of resin to be one of the "cool people," I bought it because I like it.

You might have bought it because you liked the doll, but you are trying to pass it off as legit because you want to share him in legit places, where having certain limiteds "means" more than in recast groups and forums.

Honestly, why don't you post him in the recast groups?
There are, sadly, quite a lot of them nowadays, it's not like you can't show him anywhere.

What other reason is there to pass your hard to get limited-recast as legit?
And please don't say "because I am afraid others will hate me", because a) your own fault b) it's easy to keep such a doll in recast-only places and not mix him with your legits at all, so people can't track you.
>>
>>5761120
this. also people will hate you far more if they find out you've been passing a recast as a legit. if you're not open about it to begin with then they will question your whole collection and no one will risk buying a doll second hand from you because they'll wonder if its really another recast you've been passing off as legit.
>>
>>5760909
Straight up, if it's a limited sculpt or hard to get sculpt, people will dig until they figure it out. If they can't find clear provenance they'll assume it's a recast. At least, that's how I operate when I like/share rare but recasted sculpts. If I can't make sure it's legit, I don't have anything to do with it.

I'm a fan of some of the most-recasted dolls, and even normal skin fakes are pretty easy to spot due to the transparency of the resin being wrong.
>>
>>5761135
True story. Getting caught with hidden recasts is a surefire way to torpedo your reputation.
>>
>>5761227
you make a good point. if you have a recast of a limited hard to find sculpt, people WILL find out if you share it around. when you're a fan of a rare sculpt, you follow and fav pics of all the ones you can find. if one suddenly pops up that's unfamiliar to you, and you can't trace its origins, then you get suspicious.

for example, i know just about everyone who owns a dust of dolls mixi noxe and spun. if someone suddenly started posting one i hadn't seen before when i know there hasn't been a recent preorder , second hand from someone that i can go back and see their pics of it, or they make no mention of getting it as a gift (mixi noxe is for some reason a special case where she has only been made for the doll show she debuted in or given as a gift to the artist's friends) then i'll know its a fake. granted, there are no recasts of those dolls at the moment, but still. believe you me, if that limited doll is someone's grail, they DO keep tabs on all of the ones that are being posted on social media, and they'll know right away who has a recast and who doesn't
>>
>>5761243
ABSOLUTELY this. I have been pining over Venitu for over a year (I'll probably never get one, but not because of cost, I just don't NEED one). But whenever I see a Venitu posted somewhere, I always do some checking to see if it's legit before I interact with the owner in any way. If I can't find a box opening or some other indication that he was purchased through legitimate channels, I view the owner with suspicion. I'm sure people have Venitus that they don't share the arrival of with excitement, but they're not going to miss my lack of shares and likes as they enjoy their doll, so I don't worry about it too much.
>>
>>5760928
That's sweet of you, anon. This one's like, my obviously favoured pampered princess, so I feel extra validated when people compliment him.
>>
File: dollpamm cats.png (871 KB, 752x606) Image search: [Google]
dollpamm cats.png
871 KB, 752x606
>make a cat doll
>makes front legs static
>in a permanent paw's up position

WHY. They're so fucking cute.
>>
>>5753471
life is so unfair
>>
I cannot believe how easily baited some of you fucks are.
>>
>>5762118
pretty sure its just one person who flips out over slurs. all these lecturing "you guys are being immature edgy teens!" posts is the same person who really needs to learn to shut up and ignore it or gtfo because its not going to change and there is no point in reasoning with us.

this is where we go to speak freely, safe from tumblr politically correct bullshit. so just stop.
>>
Wow I go away for one day and so many tumblrinas show up crying delicious salty tears on this board.
>>
>>5761539
WHAT IS THAT BEAUTIFUL SCULPT?!!!!!!
>>
>>5762125
Holy fuck you ARE easily baited.
Tip- I just AGREED that y'all are just as edgy as you ever have been. So.
>>
File: pu_barbara_smiling.jpg (97 KB, 574x800) Image search: [Google]
pu_barbara_smiling.jpg
97 KB, 574x800
>>5762156
one of the elfdoll barbara sculpts.
>>
File: elfdollbarbara.jpg (4 MB, 2592x3872) Image search: [Google]
elfdollbarbara.jpg
4 MB, 2592x3872
>>5762156
>>5762170
she makes a great sigourney weaver
>>
>>5762170
>>5762173

Thank you beautiful people. I can't believe how an old granny look suits this doll so well.
>>
so stumbled on a dark tan twigling ingenue... man how badly was kayke copying this doll? its so obvious seeing it in a dark resin color. kayke's doll is like this one's retarded deformed cousin
>>
File: twigling.jpg (45 KB, 800x537) Image search: [Google]
twigling.jpg
45 KB, 800x537
>>5762217
and i dropped my pic of course
>>
>>5746788
>>5760486

I got to thinking, can someone please explain what makes a cringe-worthy trap and what makes a trap acceptable by /toy/ standards?
>>
>>5762235
Making a male sculpt feminine as opposed to sanding the tits off a girl.
>>
Does anyone honestly think the 1/12 dolls by azone is good?

The dolls are still easy to fall apart, especially by the waist, and the face again far from how it looks in the packaging.

And the pistol from the lily raven series, mine has QC issues as well. It isn't really worth a hundred bucks.
>>
>>5762235
cringe worthy traps are dolls that no effort at all as been made to give a hint of masculinity. they are just girl dolls and when someone calls them a girl doll, the owner flips out and says "ITS A BOY STOP MISGENDERING HIM" etc
>>
>>5762244
>>5762291

I get how the way a lot of trap owners react is beyond cringe worthy, but I'm not sure I understand where the line is drawn aesthetically.

For example, is it just the owner's attitude that makes the first trap above groan-inducing and the second acceptable? Because I can't see any thing else there might be. Am I missing something?
>>
>>5762309
i think the difference is subtly. a male sculpt painted in a girly way, but not heavily makeuped, and in a more simple dress/outfit is acceptable compared to one with like pastel uuguu pink hair in pigtails with a kawaii vomit, colorful rainbow outfit drowning in accessories.
>>
>>5762251
I like mine a lot. My main issue is that her hair in the front gets in the way of posing.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.