[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mythic Legions: Still waiting edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77
File: TROLLweapons.jpg (388 KB, 1087x1200) Image search: [Google]
TROLLweapons.jpg
388 KB, 1087x1200
Figured i'd make a new thread since old one is dead and buried.

Anyone non-backers got their figures in yet? Still waiting on mine..
>>
>backer
>got an email from FedEx saying mine was delivered this morning
>to my grandparents two towns over
>car's in the shop

I guess I'm taking the bus over tomorrow morning. I don't remember using their address or why I did, but I guess I did.
>>
I wasn't a backer but I got in on the brief order window they had after the kickstarter ended last year & ordered up the ones I didn't buy the year before during that second window a few weeks ago but since they are still plowing through the backers I'm really not expecting mine anytime soon.

I'm OK with it. I kinda went crazy with the Skelly army builders so I'm gonna have to make some room.
>>
Blood Knight and the Ork Army Builder came in today, along with the ork weapon pack.
BK, being a Gorgo repaint with new horns, is still really cool. His cape, however, was a pain to figure out how to attach. Apparently Gorgo's cape is heavier, which I think would have helped it hang and look more natural, but as is, he's still awesome.
The Ork is similarly fantastic, though his orky sword slips out of his hands with ease.
Both figures' joints are nice and tight and I can't wait for my Barbarian kit and Gideon.

Looking forward to the new figures, if they ever get announced.
>>
>>5735884
They've said mythic legions 2.0 will feature mostly females, so I think it's safe to say new figures will be announced.
>>
I literally thought these were 1/18 scale and not 6", and now I'm wishing I had picked up one of the knights. Are they going up for preorder again? Where do I keep tabs on them?
>>
>>5735977

Builders will be. But otherwise, nope. You might want to try big bad toy store.
>>
>>5735965
hopefully we'll get Illithya and bat wings to put on her
then my vampire court will be complete
>>
>>5735977
The Silver Knight, Dwarf, Standard Skeleton and "Deluxe" Orc will see a re-release mid summer, along side the full release of the wave 1.5 guys. A possibility of a 1.75 wave, made up of at least three new Knight figures with one of then being a Black Knight, also exists and if it were to happen it would take place late summer/early fall. There were also rumblings of a potential "All-Star" re-release of fan voted favorite figures, but that would be only a limited amount of characters and no word on if or when that would occur.

A second full Kickstarter is also planned for late fall/early winter. New characters using existing pieces would appear, as well as all new molds and pieces to create female and elf characters, among other new races and character types. The amount of figures for the second Kickstarter would be much lower then the initial launch wave, but the new parts would work with the original pieces so the potential for future mid-wave character releases would be high.

Basically, your only sure fire bet right now is to go through BBTS, where the premium painted, higher priced figures actually offer a better value then the less painted Legion Builders (painted figures have a $15 mark up where the legion builders see a $17 mark up). However, future waves and releases will come out for this line with characters utilizing all the previous parts and pieces (save for unique head sculpts) so if you're patient you can but direct from the creators for much cheaper.

As for the best way to keep updated on info for these guys:

Sourcehorsmen.com, the official website of the Four Horsemen, which also has a fairly active forum (especially when news happens).

The official Mythic Legions Kickstarter page, which would see updates any time any Mythic Legion related figure is launched/sold/show off.
>>
File: rNa5Sfw.jpg (2 MB, 4248x4952) Image search: [Google]
rNa5Sfw.jpg
2 MB, 4248x4952
>>5736312
And for the hell of it, all known (non-bird) Mythic Legions figures shown off to date.
>>
>>5736319
Haven't seen the leopard head knight yet, looks like his head is too big similar to the dread black guy. Anyway what's up with 4H and their furbaiting though?
>>
>>5736347
Furbaiting?
Four Horsemen have been making animal people for a while, anon, this is nothing new.
>>
>>5736319
>crystal skelly with chains

4H, how did you know what i wanted before even i did?
>>
>>5736395
It's not actually a skull, but rather a new ghoul head. They say they'll re-use it on a painted figure as well to show off more detail.
>>
>>5736319
I'm still mad that I missed the window for these things. Anyways how come all the armoured feet resemble hooves in some way? Why can't they do regular feet?
>>
>>5736415
they look much better in person, trust me
except for the characters who actually have hooved feet. Obviously.
>>
>>5736319
any chance you saved the pic grouping them by faction?
>>
>>5736307
you and me both.
and that recent interview, they did mention bat wings. and a female vampire.

So get hype.
>>
>>5736539
Fucking sweet.
I'll need a throne to set her down on. And a goblet for Carpathias to hold. Shit, this is gonna get deliciously expensive.
As if it hasn't already, ha.
>>
File: IMG_2870[1].jpg (288 KB, 989x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2870[1].jpg
288 KB, 989x768
>>5736549
>I'll need a throne to set her down on

Conquer Castle Grayskull.
>>
>>5736552
>surrounded by cows
disgusting
but that throne is sweet
>>
>>5736566
go be a faggot somewhere else, you might like that monkey men kick starter.
>>
>>5736549
Goblet, hmm. Curia from the Resurrection of Monstress line comes with some great vampirey accessories, blood syringes, a blood bag, sleeping bats curled up, a sweet coffin. But it's a smaller scale so it probably won't work with Carpathias well. I'll check them out tomorrow once I get mine, (being that I'm >>5735767 )
>>
>>5735773
>I kinda went crazy with the Skelly army builder

I've got some sad news for you, friend
>>
I only got one knight, the red backer one, he just came in. I was gonna sell it when I got it, but honestly, he's a tight little figure! His hips are a bit loose and his arm movement in the elbows is meh but he's VERY mobile besides that.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4800x3912) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4800x3912
>>5736471
I did, here you go (:
>>
File: guys.jpg (119 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
guys.jpg
119 KB, 1000x563
>>5736347
>Anyway what's up with 4H and their furbaiting though?

Because they know they'll make bank.

Still love my figures. They's beautiful.
>>
File: skeletonwarriors.jpg (116 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
skeletonwarriors.jpg
116 KB, 1000x563
Of note, my Tibius's alternate head was missing his jaw (it's a separate piece that plugs in). Emailed them and they got back to me and are sending me the jaw apparently. Neat.
>>
>>5736828
You can take the jaw off!?

Holy shit, I need to buy one and make Sir Fortesque.
>>
>>5736911

You CAN, but they may have a dab of glue normally? Right now it's an empty slot that'd just peg in. On the green armored skeleton, it's the same head, but I haven't tried pulling it out...

I'll take a pic later after work and show what I mean...hell I'll pop the head on one of the soldiers for a pic just for Sir Dan's sake too.
>>
>>5736828
skeletown
>>
File: Faction.jpg (2 MB, 4920x3904) Image search: [Google]
Faction.jpg
2 MB, 4920x3904
>>5736549
Marvel Select had a few characters come with Thrones that fit these guys, and there was that one Mcfarlance King Conan figure with the massive lion themed throne. That said, they're probably all pretty pricey right now.

As for the Goblet, most craft stores have a small section that sells doll house supplies which are more or less 1:12th scale. They usually have some scale dinnerware, so you may be able to find a goblet, but the only way to know is to actually look in the place itself. Also, lego goblets *kind of* work. They are a bit small-ish however I feel their biggest flaw is their flat coloring. A good coat of paint would probably make one look a lot better.

>>5736596
ML figures fit just fine in Curia's coffin, as long as you take off the pauldrons. They can even hold her sword...in their left hand anyway.

>>5736471
>>5736821
I do still have it and had just to update it. I recently got my order in, and with it my Bog Goblin. Sitting right on the side of their package window is their faction symbols, and to my surprise, I see the Goblin's faction has been changed to the Legion of Arethyr which I felt it should've been from the start. I don't know the "official" factions of the 1.5 guys, but when we get that info I'll update the pic again.

Also, in the story write up on the back of the box, we find out the names of the eight main "deities" that play a major part in this world. Most of them we already know through the faction names, but there's a new name not stated previously, Bassylia. It's listed among the four "Great Beasts" that make up the heroic factions, so I can only assume that it's the name of the Snake/Bird thing on Jorund's emblem. Not much else is explained in too much detail, just a generic "Good guys had peace, bad guys muck it up, good guys banish bad guys, time skip, bad guys comin back" storyline. But it works for now and I'm sure the art book comic will bring more info.
>>
>>5736821
>Dwarves and a Hume paired with the orcs instead of goblin
Fail.
>>
>>5736821
>>5737156
Thx! It's very handy
>>
File: DOOM.jpg (32 KB, 391x510) Image search: [Google]
DOOM.jpg
32 KB, 391x510
>>5736549
Get Marvel Select Doom. Comes with a throne AND a goblet.
>>
>>5736043
>>5736312
>>5736319
thx brehs
>>
Ordered the last of the 1.0 figures I still needed. Time to wait for 1.5 to go back up for pre-order.

For those that asked for a replacement part, have you received it yet and how long did it take?
>>
File: muhnuhmuhnuh.jpg (207 KB, 1000x1535) Image search: [Google]
muhnuhmuhnuh.jpg
207 KB, 1000x1535
>>5736911

That's what the Tibius alt head looks like currently. So you'd need a Tibius or the green armored skeleton on top of the skeleton army builder.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmji1RmNkOU

Interview with some good info.
>>
finally got my dude. he was packed with newspaper funnies, I call that a bonus.
>>
File: IMAG0138.jpg (4 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0138.jpg
4 MB, 3024x5376
>>5737156
Well, he can fit in the coffin fine, unless you want to close the lid. It looks like you could also just take the collar off instead of the pauldrons, though mine feels like it's glued in the back. I thought they came off? Am I just being too delicate with it?
>>
>>5737836
You're just being delicate. The pegs on the pauldrons are pretty thick so they won't snap super easy, but if you're really worried then you'd just have to run him under some hot water for a bit and they'll pull right off.

He can fit with the lid closed, with the collar on, without the pauldrons, I've tried it myself. the Pauldrons add almost a half inch of width to his torso, pushing him up just enough to get in the way of things. Take off the Pauldrons and he'll lay much flatter.

Also, did you paint that coffin or is that how it comes with the basic colored Curia? I only grabbed the "Ex" Red version, and her coffin is actually unpainted clear gray plastic (with a glow in the dark skull). If that's what it looks like normally, I may have to hunt down another because that's pretty sweet looking.
>>
>>5737856
I got the black Curia, no glow in the dark skull with that one, but the black with silver trim and blood splattered about it is great. The lid's just slightly warped so it doesn't sit just right, but it's minor. And I meant being too delicate with the collar, which I did manage to figure out how it's secured in.
>>
>>5737723
That is just too perfect. Totally doing this.
>>
>>5737866
>which I did manage to figure out how it's secured in.
The neck holding it down threw me at first, too.

Hope preorders start going out soon. Can't wait for the rest of my group
>>
File: SkelWarrWallSmaller.jpg (73 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
SkelWarrWallSmaller.jpg
73 KB, 1600x900
Got 4 figures from BBTS (pic related) and I can only say that I regret not being involved when the thing was still a kickstarter.

The ghost is coming out in the next kickstarter, right? I'll have to be sure to grab at least two of him.
>>
File: Malleus Hammer Pose 2 (1) crop.jpg (419 KB, 4030x2256) Image search: [Google]
Malleus Hammer Pose 2 (1) crop.jpg
419 KB, 4030x2256
and some hammer poses with Malleus...
>>
>>5739567
Man, I want that damn hammer but that pack is long gone.
>>
File: Malleus Hammer Pose 2 Smaller.jpg (201 KB, 2000x1325) Image search: [Google]
Malleus Hammer Pose 2 Smaller.jpg
201 KB, 2000x1325
Will get around to taking some pics of the Silver Knight and Carpathias at some point
>>
File: SKELETON FIST BUMP smaller.jpg (157 KB, 2000x1325) Image search: [Google]
SKELETON FIST BUMP smaller.jpg
157 KB, 2000x1325
and here's the larger picture that >>5739563 is a crop of

>>5739570
Shoulda shilled out for BBTS retard pricing. Who knows, you might get lucky when you don't expect it though.
>>
>>5739574
>Shoulda shilled out for BBTS retard pricing
I actually bought all of my stuff through them. I just assumed that the figures would come with more of a variety of weapons between different releases and didn't bother to look for weapons until it was too late. I'm sure they'll release some other cool stuff at some point, though.
>>
>>5739574
3, 2, 1, and that is now my wallpaper.
>>
File: Carpathias Face 2.jpg (134 KB, 2000x1325) Image search: [Google]
Carpathias Face 2.jpg
134 KB, 2000x1325
>>5739714
I really hope so. Ghost weapons and a re-release of the weapon packs is what I'm hoping for.
>>
File: Carpathias .jpg (601 KB, 3573x3176) Image search: [Google]
Carpathias .jpg
601 KB, 3573x3176
>>5739729
oh gawrsh
>>
>>5739822
>>5739828
I love Carpathias but I'm confused as to why so many pics of him look like his armor trim/loincloth are blue. I was actually a bit worried, I really do prefer the purple.
>>
>>5739867
oh it is purple, the white balance or something is messing with it I think, though I'm not entirely sure what causes it.
>>
File: Silver Knight 1 crop .jpg (609 KB, 3812x3264) Image search: [Google]
Silver Knight 1 crop .jpg
609 KB, 3812x3264
This guy's kinda neat but also kinda bland, but for what he is, he's pretty great.
>>
File: IMAG0143.jpg (3 MB, 5376x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0143.jpg
3 MB, 5376x3024
>>5739877
>>
File: Legions.jpg (281 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Legions.jpg
281 KB, 1024x683
I just got my order in and my only complaint is that I didn't get more (especially Valgard). The news of more figures before the official wave 2 is fantastic, especially the confirmation of an "evil" Black Knight and a Knight Builder set. Both my wallet and my shelves are crying about how much punishment they're taking from this line.

>>5739867
There's a lot of figures that just don't photograph well. Characters like Ignatius and Carpathius lose a lot of what makes them stand out in photos. The Orc legion was surprisingly nicer in hand, with a far more metallic sheen to his armor's plastic and some great airbrushing on his skin. Even Malleus looks different in person (his head isn't that red looking in person) as he has these slight red speckles in his darkened eye sockets giving him this look of smoldering rage. It's amazing in person but not something you see in any of the promo pics.

Gorgo also has a nice little surprise piece that no one ever saw in the pics. It's a part choice that doesn't stand out, yet once you know about it changes the whole feel of the character imo.
>>
>>5740078

Where's that shovel from, if I may ask?
>>
>>5740090
Mcfarlane's Spawn Grave Digger. He comes with the small shovel, a large shovel/axe and a nice pick-axe as well as some other cool accessories. Decent figure if you can find him for cheap.
>>
Got my Blood Knight yesterday and yeah, I wasn't expecting it but...I kind of love him.

Honestly, I was a bit disappointed with the bird from the last KS (I got the black crow) - looks amazing, but poseability is an issue and the wings are looser than I'd like. But this guy is great - looks fantastic, tight joints, poseable as hell, decent accessories (I'm not bothering with the cape). If bat wings come out, I'm all over them.

I got the weapon pack with the good and evil swords, but right now I like him with the spear. I have the Crusader looking 1.5 Knight coming at some point, for good vs. evil purposes.
>>
>>5738440
Annnnd I'm only just now realizing the character's neck can pop off the torso as well, making the collar removal/reattachment a LOT easier. Whoops.
>>
>>5737836
Nice. I have Curia's coffin too. Glad it fits.

>>5739571
Fuck, nice. I'm gonna put my hammer with Malleus too now. I... think I bought two of those weapon sets, so I can still have one with a dwarf or barbarian.

Can't wait for mine to arrive. They're all being sent to my US middleman who I'm meeting next month.
>>
>>5742349
Yeah, my backer order was small though, 1 figure and a weapons pack (I was broke at the time). And they did them by size, so I'd like to think the backer orders are all AT LEAST in shipment by now.
>>
>>5742360
So hopefully preorders start shipping this week.

Which weapon set did you get?
>>
>>5742389
I got Carpathias and the Heavensbrand/Aetherblade/bonesword/shield set
>>5739912
This is mine, I just wanted my vamp to have the edgiest looking sword. The colors don't totally match him, but they didn't have the weapon packs painted then.
>>
>>5742399
Good choices
>>
Jesus H. Fucking Christ

Someone's gonna get hit hard by buyer's remorse
>>
Rest of the Gods and evil lords

W H E N
H
E
N
>>
>>5743233
Thanks. I have Malleus, Blood Knight and Barb Builder coming from the preorders, so I'm hyped.
>>
>mods deleted all the shitposting

Holy damn, thats a lot of post gone.
>>
>>5743437
Its crazy how 4Hs stuff tended to wallow in the unsold, unwanted stockroom (read: back of their truck) for years and now goes for crazy bucks after the success of their first kickstarter.
>>
>>5744189
>Its crazy how 4Hs stuff tended to wallow in the unsold, unwanted stockroom

Cool revisionist history yo.

4H's stuff has been hot ever since 7th Kingdom, and didn't need the Kickstarter for people to want the toys, so you're 100% full of shit.
>>
>>5744330
You have a pretty bad memory or weren't aware of what was going on, because only the minotaur stuff sold out immediately.

Everything else remained up there for years.
Some variants sold out, but others and the main figures, you could find readily on their store or at conventions for years.
>>
>>5744334

And you're still making shit up.
>>
File: Four-Horsemen-at-EP-Con-2012.jpg (82 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Four-Horsemen-at-EP-Con-2012.jpg
82 KB, 720x540
>>5744336
ah, so you're clueless and want to talk about something you know nothing about?

Here's a picture from a 2012 convention.
Scarabus figures from 2011. Queens Council from 2009. Those animal warrior figures from years earlier.
>>
>>5744347

And now you're crying because you can't afford them. Irony.
>>
>>5735755
Does it bug anyone how the trolls don't have nipples?
>>
>>5744347

The only thing pictured there are the Time Keepers, Outer Space Men, and Scarabus. You retard.
>>
>>5744354
Stop fighting you two you're giving me an erection.
>>
File: 2015 loot.jpg (206 KB, 1070x806) Image search: [Google]
2015 loot.jpg
206 KB, 1070x806
>>5744351
>implying i didn't buy my 4H figures on extreme discount because 4H didn't have piles of them left over for years afterward
I got my white faced Queens Council figure in 2013 for $10.
I bought multiple Scarabus and his variants over the 3 years that they had left over.
Didn't bother getting any of the mutants because of the QC scare, which they had for multiple years and years.
I army built the Time Keepers because of that deep deep discount.

You jealous that I've met them in person, bought their figures for cheap, AND didn't have to pay their rape shipping? No taxes either.

Here's a look pic from the SDCC thread last year.
I go every year and to many other conventions.
I've bought from them nearly every year since the minotaur was made and I know what they've had overstock in, because I've been buying it up every year.

>>5744354
eh, you can see some other ones laying flat on the table. shitty pictures, but they're there.
>>
>>5744373
>eh, you can see some other ones laying flat on the table. shitty pictures, but they're there.
>eh
>eh

You're a fucking retard. You literally fucked yourself over and are trying to back peddle. Fuck off with your bullshit.
>>
>>5744373
>>5744347
You are a special kind of stupid.
>>
File: really?.jpg (11 KB, 206x220) Image search: [Google]
really?.jpg
11 KB, 206x220
>>5744374
Back pedalling nothing.
I post a picture of the toys in the picture. If you knwe the packages, you wouldn't be pretending you know anything but bullshit

Since you actually know shit, here's a nice snapshot from 2013. Note the figures they still have in stock.
I'd post the 2014, but it isn't working.
https://web.archive.org/web/20130705144452/http://www.shopfourhorsemen.com/
>>
>>5744384

You should really stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>5744386
>is proven to know shit
>ur dumb and embarassing yourself
=)
>>
>>5744393

You haven't proven anything other than you're an idiot.
>>
>>5744396
>and I believe the scarabus figures were still up at that time

Also a lie. Go ahead, keep making some more. You'll impress someone at some point, I'm sure!
>>
>>5744393
oh, and BTW, if you're a newfag, people on /toy/ were buying up the left over poor QC mutant figures back when the raven kickstarter ended, because of people being so impressed by them.
So that was about 2 years ago and I believe the scarabus figures were still up at that time, but I'm not sure on them.

So yep, their stuff was up for years and years and years. Unlike today.

>>>5744397 if i don't look its not proof
eheheheh. ur kyoooot
>>
The janitor has another clean up to do this morning apparently!

You guys should stop fighting for once.
>>
>>5744401
>eheheheh. ur kyoooot

Go back to mlp faggot.
>>
>>5744402
eh, as long as someone gets educated on how 4H's stuff was available for years and years after their release, I don't care.

BTW, we have an archive again, so that guy's ignorance of how long the figures stayed up on sale will be known https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/
>>
>>5744409
Are you talking about yourself? Because you're the one acting like a fool here. You don't know a thing dude. Just shut up before you really stick your foot in your mouth.
>>
File: denial01.jpg (30 KB, 468x244) Image search: [Google]
denial01.jpg
30 KB, 468x244
>>5744416
https://web.archive.org/web/20130705144452/http://www.shopfourhorsemen.com/
>2009 and 2011 figures still on sale in 2013
>>
>>5744384
STOP IT YOU'RE BEING TROLLED YOU STUPID AUTISTIC MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>5744424

And your point in shitposting and arguing with him is...what? 4H is niche stuff pulling in people who are online only to know anything about these toys. Furries by the animals and shit, Heman fans buy the rest. Kickstarter brought in another crowd. You picking fights with people doesn't help your cas at any rate.
>>
>>5744439
No, no, let the little bitch cry his tears. He can't stand being wrong, this is his only way of letting out the fact that his parents hate him.
>>
>>5744443
>pointing uot someone is wrong on the internet is shitposting
pfffft

As i orginally pointed out, i'm just wowwed that pegwarmers (the equivalent of it on the internet anyway) becomes a hot commodity years later.
That's it, until that guy wanted to talk about his doctorate in bullshit and disillusionment.
>>
>>5744453

Sounds like you're talking about yourself again.
>>
>>5744453
You're one hell of a noob to the hobby then. Welcome to toy collecting since forever ago. Say hi to Marvel Legends Toad for me. Christ.
>>
How are these in terms of articulation? These seem too good to be true
>>
File: thLGQE70K5.jpg (10 KB, 300x284) Image search: [Google]
thLGQE70K5.jpg
10 KB, 300x284
>>5744471
single knee and elbow joints
>>
>>5744466
Way to miss the point

MLS are figures based on world wide known characters. No shit will t hey be wanted for years later and get t he latecommer tax

Like mentioned above their stuff was niche as shit and lingered forever until the KS made them popular
>>
>>5744483

Way to keep being a dipshit.
>>
MYTHIC LEGIONS SHIPPING UPDATE - 6/20/2016

Hey, all! We just wanted to give you a little heads up on what's going on with the
shipping on **Mythic Legions 1.0**.

Yes, we are still shipping both international and domestic packages
to**Kickstarter**backers, and while you should get a shipping notice and tracking
info once the packages ship, it seems like some of our backers aren't getting those
for some reason. We've contacted both **FedEx**and **USPS**and they said that the
issue could be that the shipping emails could be going into the customers spam
filter, and if that's not the issue then they don't know why some customers are
getting the info while others are just having their packages show up at their doors
without notice. We're continuing to try to figure this out, but we only know as much
as **FedEx** and **USPS** are able to tell us.

We want to apologize that the shipping of these figures is taking **MUCH** longer
than we'd hoped. We understand completely that some of you must be very frustrated
seeing other people already with these figures in hand while you're still awaiting
the arrival of yours. We'd hoped to have all of the Kickstarter backed orders
shipped out before the end of last week, but that was not to be. "The best laid
plans of mice and men go oft awry"...
>>
>>5744801
We started to pack and ship a large group of
the international packages and have come across a big customs snafu that's causing
us to have to take much longer to process those orders than the domestic orders.
Therefore it's slowing down the whole process because we don't want to seem like
we're playing favorites by shipping out all of the international orders after all of
the domestic orders have shipped. We've even tried to make it seem even less this
time like we're playing favorites because we're not shipping by backer number or the
amount of the order. After all of the All-In sets and 16 piece sets were shipped to
make room to work in the warehouse, all of the other orders being shipped are almost
randomly selected.

All of that said, we'll be shipping the last of the Kickstarter backed international
orders out tomorrow (today if we can get them all wrapped up in time for the post
office), and we've got a little more than 150 of the Kickstarter backed domestic
orders left to ship. That means that if we don't have any more issues with shipping
labels or customer addresses, we should be able to have ALL of the Kcikstarter
backed orders (both domestic and international) shipped out by the end of this week.
Please keep your fingers crossed for us. We'll update again once they've all
shipped.

That also means that the Store Horsemen pre-orders from spring 2015 should begin
shipping next week, and then the Store Horsemen pre-orders from a month or so ago
will begin shipping out right after those have all shipped.

Then, right on the heels of all of that stuff getting shipped out, we should have
gotten in (or will be getting in soon after) the recent "birds" pre-orders and the
Mythic Legions 1.5 pre-orders (minus the Trolls). Those will all begin shipping out
to customers as soon as we have them all in stock if all of the Mythic Legions 1.0
stock has shipped by then.
>>
>>5744804
Oh, and by the way, coming **VERY** soon… the first teaser images of**Mythic Legions
1.75!!** Keep your eyes peeled and your wallets ready… Pre-orders coming after all
of **Mythic Legions 1.0** have shipped.
>>
How many figures will be in 1.75? So I assume I'll get these 1.75 figures by Fal/Winter 2017?
>>
>>5744807

I presume that's the cheetah knight and boar wave. Fuck yes I'm buying those. More furries for daddy!
>>
Huh. So super sets will be shipping with all the other preorders.

That means I'm going to be getting over 50 of these guys.

Shit.
>>
>>5744925
>Getting 50 figures
>complaining

Are you the faggot who started this thread? >>5739284
>>
>>5745110

I'm not complaining. Just saying it's a shit ton of figures to get in one go. The all-in sets were going to be sent out later this summer, not within the time of the spring pre-orders.

I'm happy, if anything. Thanks for the concern though, anon. I love you too.
>>
>>5744471
They have good but not amazing articulation. They can hold tons of poses, look very dynamic and show a lot of personality, but there are some glaring flaws that detract from them.

The biggest issues lie in the arms, the single swivel hinge elbows only bend so far. On the skeletons it's not too bad cause they can get a full 90 degree bend. But the armored arms can only go about 80, and the soft rubber elbow armor (which can be removed) doesn't help any. The wrists are also an issue as they bend inwards where they would be far more useful with a vertical hinge to point forward with.

The rest of their joints are pretty great, massive balljoints in their necks and abdomens give them a lot of head and body wiggle room. The shoulders and hips both have universal hinge joints and get great ranges. The knees are swivel hinge joints like the elbows, but can bend more than 90 degrees and combined with the thigh (only on the bare and armored thighs) and calf swivels they can pull off a lot of poses. They have no problems sitting or riding things as their skirts are super soft plastic that doesn't hinder them in any way. The ankles have a dual swivel hinge and are just fantastic. There is no pose you can put them in where they can't stand flat footed.

All in all, they do have a lot of articulation, these are not McStatues or Neca style stiff and limited joints, they can move real well. But they're not perfect and they're far from the best in terms of articulation.

>>5744816
>>5744835
I would expect 4 new figures, but not the ones shown off at Toy Fair. They already confirmed this will be a knight heavy assortment, with the highly requested "Black Knight" and even a Knight builder set being included. They also made mention the Legions All-Stars would most likely go up for sale at the same time.

The Toy Fair figures all include new pieces so it's more likely we'll see them in the next Kickstarter.
>>
>>5745116
That's a lot of figures, I only got 7 and that was nearly too many for me (but really not enough). I hope you're prepared to have a LOT of extra straps and daggers and axe bits lying all over.
>>
File: 2cntqn5.jpg (1 MB, 791x1000) Image search: [Google]
2cntqn5.jpg
1 MB, 791x1000
man, there's been some really neat customs popping up
>>
>>5745379
That's probably my favorite aspect of this line. incredible modularity combined with original fiction characters with no real nostalgic value leads to a LOT of fantastic and unique creations. Someone on the forums claimed they did the math and with the pieces we have now it would be possible to create literal thousands of unique full sized character builds with just part swapping. Throw in accessories and paint, and the possibilities are staggering.

With my own figures, I've already created a custom sword sheath and satchel for my goblin and I'm toying with ideas to customize my other figures. I wish I got more of these guys because they look so good with so many different builds and I don't think I have enough figures to show em all off.
>>
>>5745400
hopefully they can just release a parts set because their full figures sell out so damn fast.
>>
>>5745417
hopefully after the build a knight set they do that
>>
>>5745429
oh there's a build a knight set? is it up for preorder or is it KS exclusive thing?
>>
>>5745442
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmji1RmNkOU

cornboy says it's something coming up
>>
>>5745140
I'm hoping for another Bog Goblin to re-use that head.
>>
>>5745442
The Build-a-Knight is something they plan to release for the next mid-wave set of figures. They haven't announced when they'll go up for sale yet, but they should go up sometime late summer/early fall.

>>5745528
There were talks of a "Lava Goblin" of some kind, so it's possible that's set to come out in 1.75. With the Goblin head/neck, there's plenty of different types of goblins they can create so I fully expect to see it get plenty of use.
>>
>>5737389
The goblet is attached to the hand isn't it?
>>
>>5745379
Im gunna make so many Dark Souls customs when these guys show up, shits gunna be rad
>>
>>5745598
Im honestly not sure, I wouldnt think it would be
>>
File: Dark Souls, fire.jpg (57 KB, 533x624) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls, fire.jpg
57 KB, 533x624
>>5745379
The figure on the left's patina is amazing!

Speaking of customs, does anyone have any suggestions for custom parts and accessories? I've been picking up old Dark Ages Spawn figures for weapons and parts, but I'm not sure where else to look.
>>
I LOVE WAITING YEARS FOR A FIGURE TO COME IN THE MAIL!
>>
>>5745813
Don't buy anything from 3A.
>>
>>5745598
It's an alternate hand, there's a fist too.
>>
This is literally the first I am hearing of these figures. I'm sold. How do I start collecting these? I can see a few on BBTS, and I know I missed the Kickstarter, so what do I do now? Wait for future releases? Ebay shit? Which ones do you all recommend?
>>
File: Legion 2.jpg (292 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Legion 2.jpg
292 KB, 1200x800
>>5745790
My best suggestions are:

Shapeways - Especially Strangefate's store. Get the MotUC scale weapons as they'll work better. They're expensive, and you have to finish and paint em yourself, but they look really good when all fixed up.

Toybiz LotR - Mounts are a no brainer, they also have tons of bow/arrow sets, plenty of swords and shields and a lot of softer rubbery plastic robes and belts you can cut off and transplant onto ML figures.

ALL of McFarlane's stuff - Don't just limit yourself to the Dark Ages, Spawn figures from a wide variety of waves and sublines can have accessories perfect for these guys.

Funko figures - If you can find em cheap, you can scavenge a lot of stuff from them to re-purpose for ML figures. Maybe not weapons as much, but accessories like capes or soft rubbery armor bits are easy enough to remove and transplant.

Craft Stores - When in doubt, make your own stuff. Get thin leather lacing and straps, a good knife and some krazy glue and just go to two. Some good pliers and cheap metal jewelry chains can be used for all sorts of things.

These figures are great blank slates, you just gotta get creative.

>>5745941
Right now, BBTS is your best bet. In a few weeks/month, a mid wave line up of four "new" figures, as well as a select amount of troop builders will hit the 4H shop so you can grab some of them. And not too later after that, a second mid-wave featuring more new figures, as well as a potential "All-Star" re-release is supposed to hit. It'll only be the top 10-ish or so figures, but that's still plenty to build a collection around. Come late fall/early winter a second full wave will launch on Kickstarter featuring females and elves, so you'll probably want to hop on that as well.

If you really want info, you should check the official Kickstarter Page, Sourcehorsemen.com or the Four Horsemen's facebook page as anything new will be posted through those sources first.
>>
Any non backers have theirs yet?
>>
File: IMG_9873.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9873.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1333
>>5747367
Yea, I got mine a couple weeks ago, I posted some pics here.
>>
>>5747367
yeah, I posted the pics of Malleus with the golden hammer
>>
>>5747455
>>5747457
How is that possible? Didn't they say they were just getting the backers done today? Or did you order on the first preorder? Either way it seems weird that you'd have them already.
>>
File: 1466290723009.jpg (427 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1466290723009.jpg
427 KB, 800x800
>>5745994
the ghost dude is going to be in the second kickstarter, right?

>mfw transparent action figures
>>
>>5747461
ordered from BBTS, still have yet to hear about my preorder from 4H though

Is this the thread to talk about Vitruvian HACKS also? I got an email saying my preorder from four months or so ago was being packed.
>>
>>5747461
>How is that possible?

They like him more than you.
>>
>>5747470
I thought "non-backer" didn't mean "StoreHorseman preorders" though
>>
>>5747466
Not exactly the place for it, that would be the 1/18 general.
Got my HACKS recently though. Love them.
>>
>>5745994
which one is the Grey Knight on the right with the greatsword and shield? I can't find it anywhere and its the one I like the most out of these figures.
>>
>>5747479

The grey knight is a test shot. This has been answered many times before.

Same mold would be the silver knight builder or owain.
>>
>>5747481
ah ok. bummer.
>>
>>5747461
OH. I just ordered mine from BBTS and am a non-backer. The ones I have are mine.

And I really just wanted to tease you ;P
>>
File: knights.jpg (248 KB, 1200x854) Image search: [Google]
knights.jpg
248 KB, 1200x854
>>5747463
The answer to that is a resounding "Maybe!" It's assumed since it uses new pieces it won't show up until the second KS, but it could even be a 2.5 style item or something. We won't know until they actually launch the KS.

>>5747479
As other Anon stated, it was a limited run Owain Test shot (only 10 made per character) that was modified with custom gear and mixed with pieces of a Clavian test shot. They were basically unpainted test runs of the molds to make sure everything was working smoothly and the 4H sold them to fans around christmas.

The sword is from Shapeways, more specifically from Strangefate's Shapeway's shop. There's a ridiculous amount of weapons and gear that would work well with these guys and even entire figure kits you can assemble yourself. But being 3d printed, they're all pretty pricey and require you to do all the finishing work, including painting.

The Shield is from Stan Winston's Medieval Trakk figure. The toy itself is pretty decent if you can find it under $30, but the main selling point is definitely the accessories.

The shoulder strap is a custom built piece and the belt is stolen and modified from the Diamond Select Universal Monsters Van Helsing figure. Again, if you can find him cheap, he has a few decently cool accessories and the toy itself is ok.

Of the two, I like the test shot, but because I decked him out, swapped his parts and have had him the longest. Side by side, the Silver Knight really does look amazing though. If I had the skills, I would totally add some rust and such. I would certain have less hesitation painting up an $18 legion builder over an incredibly short run Test run figure.
>>
>>5747475
I got a notice saying my HACKS Skeleton was being shipped. So Malleus will have a buddy soon.
>>5747461
They sent backers by largest order first due to space issues. BBTS was one of the first to get them, people who ordered theirs from BBTS early got them before most backers.
>>
Wtf where do I buy these things? There's literally none in stock at four horsemen and they're overpriced af at the bigbadtoystore
>>
>>5748630
Use Ebay or have patience for 1.75 & possibly the 'all stars' wave they mentioned anon.
>>
>>5748860
>patience for 1.75 & possibly the 'all stars' wave they mentioned anon.
Shipping to your doorstep in late 2018
>>
>>5749184
Man im pissed about the shipping too but lets not drag that up again. I honestly regret bringing it up earlier. That could be because ive had a few drinks though and am feeling slightly more generous.
>>
File: impatience is not a virtue.jpg (80 KB, 855x480) Image search: [Google]
impatience is not a virtue.jpg
80 KB, 855x480
>>5749184
just no pleasing some people....
>>
Just ordered Urkku from bbts, I wanted to get Urzokk since there's a destiny enemy with the same name but he sold out.
>>
File: 1466555744835.gif (184 KB, 533x300) Image search: [Google]
1466555744835.gif
184 KB, 533x300
WTF THEY'RE OUT OF STOCK ON THE MAIN STORE AND BBTS WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THESE THIS ISN'T FAIR I'VE WANTED FIGURES LIKE THIS ALL MY LIFE
>>
File: c46.jpg (4 KB, 196x250) Image search: [Google]
c46.jpg
4 KB, 196x250
>>5749804
get rekt
>>
>>5749804
Wait for the all stars rerelease, considering how hot these toys sell it'll come for sure

The birds sell way less than ML line and has an all stars wave coming up this summer

Just be patient and be prepared to wait because these guys are not the most organized folks. The opportunity will come for sure to snatch one of these guys.

Unless you want the KS exclusive dwarf, then bite the bullet and snatch it off ebay now before suffering >>5743437
fate
>>
>>5749814
Thanks for telling me. I've been crying because of this
>>
>>5749804
It's been explained many times in this thread already, as well as on their website and Kickstarter page. News on these figures is fairly easy to find and this thread gets updated regularly when something happens.

-Right now, BBTS is the best place to get the figures, though many are already sold out.

-Later this summer, the official 4H store will get a four figure 1.5 wave in stock, along with four of the basic Legion Builders. If you want any of those figures, keep an eye on their main website as they usually give a week's notice before something goes on sale.

-Also around the same time those arrive, the second wave of Bird figures will also go up for sale. Though they use a different build, they have been re-branded to be included in the Mythic Legions line, and one of the new figures is actually the Great Beast one of the hero factions worship.

-The next figures for sale will be the 1.75 wave. That's expected to go up late summer/early fall and consist of at least four new figures, with a Black Knight and Knight Builder Set included in the wave.

-It's also around this time that a Mythic Legions All Star run is expected to occur. 10-12 of the most popular figures from the initial Kickstarter will see a re-release for people to grab. If you really want an older figure that isn't in stock at BBTS, this will be your only real chance to get them.

Finally, the full Wave 2 Kickstarter is expected to launch sometime mid to late fall. This wave will be considerably smaller then the first Kickstarter, contain a mix of old and new mold pieces to create all new figures and will feature new Female figures as well as possible Elf figure stretch goals.

Long story short, patience is a virtue, caps lock is not cruise control for cool, news is easy to find and this line is planned to continue on for at least the next two years. Just keep an eye on Sourcehorsemen.com or their facebook page and you'll be fine.
>>
>>5750074
Damn man can you be any more of a wet blanket
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 420x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 420x800
>>5750074
Very informative and man, I don't have the money for this. I have to say though, your last paragraph was quite sardonic and I believe it was somewhat unnecesarry.
>>
I'm glad there's a knight builder coming cause that's probably the main thing I want from this line and I was a little surprised when I realized it hadn't been offered yet
>>
>>5750237

but anon there's two knight builders
>>
>>5750254

Sorry I realize now that they rather stupidly use the word "builder" to refer to two different things.

I mean a knight "builder set" not a knight "legion builder".
>>
>>5750254
He means a knight builder like the Barbarian builder
>>
File: you ARE1.jpg (93 KB, 623x743) Image search: [Google]
you ARE1.jpg
93 KB, 623x743
>>5750074
Keep up the good work anon.
>>
>>5748105
So I checked out that Shapeway store, great stuff.
But I'm curious, what scale greatswords did you buy? The 6 or 7 inch?
>>
>>5748105
One last spoonfeed anon, where do you get the poleaxe on the background, top left?

Thanks!
>>
>>5750286

shit man

that would be cool

My biggest issue with the knights as they are is that they all have different colors so you can't physically just swap parts on them all that easily

Ignatius has that primastic coat, owain is a special darkened silver, etc.
>>
>>5750957
I know what you mean, you could aways paint em or sorta match em up but yeah it is too bad you cant buy like a huge ass builder set for like 100
>>
File: Skapberd_zpsrv4aeuhb.jpg (178 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Skapberd_zpsrv4aeuhb.jpg
178 KB, 1024x683
>>5750179
Yes. Yes I can.

>>5750229
Oh it was totally sardonic and unnecessary. While I don't particularly mind answering the same questions over and over, a full cap locks post just irks me. There's no reason for it.

>>5750451
It was the 7" one. It comes in a set with another cool looking Greatsword so I felt it was worth it. If you never bought stuff from Shapeways before, be aware you will have to smooth and paint the items yourself. It's not too hard as these things absorb paint like a sponge and they don't even need top coat or anything as that paint will NOT run off.

The Zweihander works really well with the Legions, the handle is tiered so you can slide the thinner bottom portion into their hands without stretching the grip, then slide it up to have a solid grasp on the upper part of the handle.

>>5750470
It's from one of the weapons sets that came out along side the Mythic Legion figures. It was packed with the Orc weapons and Mace set. The head of halberd is actually removable and can fit on the mace handle (and vice versa with the mace head and pole handle). It's actually a firm but flexible plastic so it's risk of breaking is pretty low. Of all the weapon sets, this one was my favorite, it had the best variety and is perfect for arming lots of legion builders. The only thing the set is missing is a shield of some kind, if it had one I'd probably would've bought multiples of it.
>>
Still waiting, and having a little fun with mix matching
>>
>>5751949
Oooh, where did you get that cloak and sword?
>>
>>5752036
Lord of the rings toy vault lord of the nazgul figure
>>
>>5751939
Thanks for the tip. Was curious what one fit the hands better.

Thankfully I am familiar with 3D print do dads and have a fair bit of model and paint experience. Looking to custom paint up a Silver Dwarf builder too.
>>
>>5752036
>>5752058
The sword is from an old spawn line. Barbarian maybe?
>>
>>5752036
>>
File: 4273391012_bd5b893f09.jpg (117 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
4273391012_bd5b893f09.jpg
117 KB, 375x500
>>5752036
>>5752439
Good old Skullsplitter from the Spawn: Viking Age line.
>>
>>5752474
Perfect
>>
File: DSC00343_zps0u1kka6f.jpg (107 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
DSC00343_zps0u1kka6f.jpg
107 KB, 480x640
Bought Urzokk, but I am so so about having an Ogre as a knight, and wanted an optional head that works.

I have the Create WWE pack as someone suggested the shield for Warduke, and this head is also included. Doesn't fit perfectly, so it is trimmed in the back and also connected mainly from blue tag, I feel good about it.
>>
File: DSC00344_zpsajokdoqk.jpg (91 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DSC00344_zpsajokdoqk.jpg
91 KB, 640x480
>>5752492
>>
>>5752492
>>5752498
Awesome. I'd like to know more about where you gained the sword, shield, and helmet.
>>
>>5752492
>>5752498
Did you repaint the helmet? That was nice. Mind sharing the secret of reaching that kind of grit and rust on the plastic?
>>
File: page-15505.jpg (86 KB, 600x408) Image search: [Google]
page-15505.jpg
86 KB, 600x408
>>5752515
Monster Hunter weapons.

The helmet is from Create a WWE Triple H, mostly got it for the shield for Warduke as suggested from an anon here.
>>
>>5752036
>>
>>5752526
Wasn't much. I am not sure if this step is necessary, but I soaked the helmet in dishwashing for a couple of minutes. There was this greasy film developing on the helmet already and felt rubbery.

Then I dried completely with a Bounty, sprayed black primer. Dry brushed citadel Leadbelcher. Added just one a very modest amount of dry brush brown color to get that dirt the Urzokk already has. The color is a very very close match.
>>
>>5752058
So, the cloak is from the Nazgul figure and the sword is from Spawn Skullsplitter?
>>
>>
>>5752565
Yeah.
>>5752581
The dagger is from the nazgul fig too.
>>
File: 20160624_165133-1.jpg (3 MB, 1741x2871) Image search: [Google]
20160624_165133-1.jpg
3 MB, 1741x2871
Alright! My stubby angst lord arrived.
Loving him so far, will take more pics when I'm done with work. Can't wait to paint this guy up.
>>
>>5753918
What colors you thinking about making him?

Keep this thread alive (at least until my MLs arrive)
>>
>>5752533
Is there a good source to find those?
>>
>>5754035
I'm hoping to darken the silver with some washes to bring out the details, and then dry brush it up with some tarnish.
Thinking of detailing with a really bright almost white silver.
Idealy I'd also like to get the horns painted up like real horns too, but that may or may not work out.
I'll paint in all the leather details too.

Just looking for an ideal paint to use on these. Probably Citedale.
>>
File: IMG_0703.jpg (202 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0703.jpg
202 KB, 750x1000
Proof of concept for a custom if i can get ahold of another skeleton...
>>
>>5754077
Ebay is your best bet, other than that I am not sure. Mandarake? yahoo auction japan?
>>
>>
I got the notification that the shipping label was created for my order on Monday, supposedly shipping overnight.
It's not Saturday and it still hasn't shipped.
>.>
>>
>>5754275
Dude.. nice..
>>
>>5754706
1.75 samples?
>>
>>5755469
Yes! Hopefully they start revealing them soon.
>>
>>5754706
Is it a Black Knight as in black armored knight or black as in African knight?
>>
>>5755485
black armored knight
>>
File: Clone of warrior 2 zulu_001.jpg (23 KB, 302x400) Image search: [Google]
Clone of warrior 2 zulu_001.jpg
23 KB, 302x400
>>5755505
Oh well, I was hoping for some tribal shit to go together with the leopard headed knight and all the animals 4H made before.

Hope they make em someday, the Mythic Legions line needs to branch out to other cultures and warriors rather than staying stuck into the western high fantasy dnd setting
>>
Figured I'd post here instead of a bst, but I have an extra Carpathias for some reason. Willing to sell for regular price or trade for any knight or skeleton. Send an email, thanks.
>>
>>5755594
That's tempting. What all weapons did he come with?
>>
>>5755628
An all silver spear and a silver sword with black handle. Pauldrons come removed. Das it mane.
>>
>>5755648
He also comes with a dagger. And the belt everyone comes with.
>>
File: 20160625_155002-1.jpg (4 MB, 1831x2731) Image search: [Google]
20160625_155002-1.jpg
4 MB, 1831x2731
I'm fully in love with this dude.
Can't wait to get the rest of the actually painted figures.
>>
>>5755485
>African knight
That's hilarious.
>>
>>5755813
>pig in the background

Wat
>>
>>5756222
>He doesn't know...
>>
File: 20160625_161857-1.jpg (3 MB, 1808x2765) Image search: [Google]
20160625_161857-1.jpg
3 MB, 1808x2765
>>5756233
Battle pig shows no mercy.

Also I'm starting to think Horns down may be the way forward? Opinions?
>>
>>5756774
I like them forward, yes
>>
>>5755485
Its Martin Lawrence in his role The Black Knight.
>>
>>5758818
That'd be so rad
>>
File: 1057954838-20160627-105857507.jpg (226 KB, 700x910) Image search: [Google]
1057954838-20160627-105857507.jpg
226 KB, 700x910
So we got art for a new character in the latest kick starter update, and ML is talking about TWO castle playsets.
>>
>>5758934
needs more tiddy

5/10
>>
File: boob-plate-armor-skyrim.jpg (74 KB, 545x449) Image search: [Google]
boob-plate-armor-skyrim.jpg
74 KB, 545x449
>>5758976
Were you wanting something more like this? You are aware how impracticable it is, correct? A significant blow to the chest would act like a flanged mace and focus all the force to the armor piece between the breasts, shattering the sternum and crushing the lungs.

If you just want them to die, they may as well not be made.
>>
File: comp3_zpsbgh2qfkz.jpg (40 KB, 528x494) Image search: [Google]
comp3_zpsbgh2qfkz.jpg
40 KB, 528x494
>>5758994
>You are aware how impracticable it is, correct?

Impractical. In the world where sorcerers, dwarfs, magic, trolls and orcs exist. In the world where men go to battle wearing greaves and gauntlets but bare chested because muh fashion statement.

If you just want these barbarians and orcs to die fighting the giant trolls, they may as well not be made
>>
>>5758934
>and ML is talking about TWO castle playsets.
Was that in the update? I'll admit I skimmed the artbook one.
>>
>>5759023
Yeah, all it says is "we have 10 new characters, here's one (that pic), and we have 2 castle playset designs, and mythic legions creation myth" whatever the hell that is.
>>
>>5758994
>You are aware how impracticable it is, correct?
Yeah, but it looks better than a boring ass dome, so fuck off you autistic fuck. What exactly do you think fantasy is for? It's all fap material.
>>
>>5759045
>Demanding a change in design so you can jack off to it

Yea... Why don't you go buy some figma? They have some armored girls.
>>
>>5758934
>playsets
This is why I find it hard to admit to people that I collect figures.
>>
>>5759116
>playsets
>display sets
is that better for you?
>>
>>5759116
If you're that insecure you should just stop collecting now.
>>
>>5759147
This
>>
This is all well and good, but maybe they should get back to shipping before they start making more stuff
>>
>>5759161
They announced pre-orders are going out the door this week. 2015 followed by 2016 ones.

I'll look at the playsets, but probably stick with MotUC Castle Grayskull
>>
Playsets sound exciting but might run a high price if they are decently sized.
Will be interesting to see how that plays out.
>>
>>5759177
I would prefer smaller modular pieces that could be built into a larger set. Like a variety of walls, doorways, stairwells and tower pieces that on their own aren't absurdly expensive, but can be bought in multiples to build your own display.

A full sized scale castle would probably run2-300 bucks, and that's hard to swallow for a lot of people.
>>
>>5759470
Grayskull was $300 and that sold very poorly. The remaining stock dumped for so cheap that Mattel was doing free $75 UPS shipping on it. Snake Mountain, scaled down, was going to run $350-$400 before it was canceled.

Modular playsets would be the best way to go.
>>
>>5758827
I would buy a 6" figure of this without an ounce of irony. That would be amazing.
>>
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 1242x1222) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 1242x1222
Front: Sir Godfrey, Back: Crusader Builder

I guess they have to start off slow, I feel a bit underwhelmed with the advent of more interesting characters but a Crusader Builder isn't terrible. I'll be interested for more pics.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (85 KB, 602x786) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
85 KB, 602x786
>>5759885
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (99 KB, 601x769) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
99 KB, 601x769
>>5759943
>>
>>5759943
If it comes with the banner, I'll take it.
>>
File: werewolf.jpg (81 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
werewolf.jpg
81 KB, 600x900
>>5759470
A scaled down halved castle would probably run2-300 bucks, and that's hard to swallow for a lot of people.
fixed that for you

They should do what McFarlane has always done, from their current lego sets to when they first began. Full scaled diorama sets.
>>
>>5760060
Definitely agreeing with this
>>
>>5759947
I'd pre-order this right now if I could. I love the idea of more builder sets.

>>5760060
Yep, smaller stuff like a ruined keep or whatever would be cool.
>>
>>5759885
A templar builder was something fans demanded after Godfrey was revealed, so assuming he has a lower price point, I can see this being a great idea. The line should have more lower priced army builder figures, and if he indeed comes with a banner AND alt collar piece, then that's even better. Though if he is cheaper then Godfrey, I'll probably buy the builder and sell off the Godfrey I pre-ordered.

Either way, one knight down, three(?) more to go!

>>5760060
This idea would be great, but add the ability to combine them with other dios and you'd have something people would buy in bulk. Something like the MGS Chainbase sets, only for 7" scale fantasy figures. Cheaper for them to produce, cheaper for us to buy (per unit) and more of a reason to buy multiple copies.
>>
>>5760142
>fantasy chain bases

Be still my heart. Like linkable brick and dungeon walls and shit. That would be bad ass.
>>
>>5760060
Ironically, that McFarlene werewolf set is a Four Horseman sculpt. The hunter's head is even based off of one of them.
>>
>>5760142
Godfrey has gold detailing to the armor pieces. The builder is just the silver knight base.
>>
File: McFarlane-Game-of-Thrones-013.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1277) Image search: [Google]
McFarlane-Game-of-Thrones-013.jpg
281 KB, 1920x1277
>>5760142
the problem with linking sets together would only give you the same halved scaled large sets have... being halved scaled.
You really can't get a faithfully scaled set to link up with others because you still run across the problem of it becoming way too expensive.
It's easier just to set up pieces here and there, with you working on some sort of background to make it look like some medieval setting.

McFarlane only does full scale settings because of how lego blocks work.
To get the effect with buildable sets, you'd need to add wall pieces to every single set to put on the stairs (leading to nowhere) and entrance/hall.

With just dio pieces, you can be a lot more... liberal, by putting them on a concrete floor and setting an entrance 3 feet away from staircase, with other little dio pieces that came with the sets sprinkled about.
Chaining them together only makes the setting much smaller to fit the budget.
>>
>>5760154
Exactly. Like each set would have one basic wall, one "special" wall, a floor piece and some accessories. The walls would be able to connect to any side of each other (side by side, stack vertically etc) or any side of the floor. Special walls could be windows or doorways or stairwells or what have you. Accessories could insert all over pegs on the walls or floors to make even the same exact wall look different using different accessories. On their own they'd be simple dio pieces, but get enough and you could build entire castles for your figures.

>>5760178
I'm aware of that, and if the lower amount of paint apps leads to a cheaper figure, I'd be glad to stick with a Legion Builder as my lone Templar over the more expensive fully painted figure.

>>5760193
...I don't understand why you insist a modular Dio system would for the sets to be smaller then needed. The sets would still be full sized Dio scenes, they'd just have the added function of being able to connect to other Dios from the system. I doubt these things would get packed in with any figures, so if they're sold on their own, being able to link the dios would give incentive to buy more.

I mean hell, even the McFarlane Monster sets you mentioned had a combinable Dio set up between the two Frankenstein sets. The two different labs could literally link up to make one larger one. The idea for modular Dios would be the exact same, except it would work with ALL sets in various ways as opposed to having one specific connection with one specific set.

Again, it's something that was done with the MGS chain bases and people have created MASSIVE Mech bases with these individually cheap sets. The concept works, I just want to see it designed for Fantasy figures instead of mechs.
>>
File: checkpoint alpha.jpg (159 KB, 1024x804) Image search: [Google]
checkpoint alpha.jpg
159 KB, 1024x804
>>5760271
>...I don't understand why you insist a modular Dio system would for the sets to be smaller then needed
Because, like i exampled, you'd need FEET of space in order to get something that looks rather realistic, instead of the cramped spaces you see from regular Hasbro and Mattel sets.
You're basically looking at $100 (or more) per squarefoot of sculpted detailed plastic set. It gets very expensive fast.

Only way you can get away with getting modular sets cheaper than that is by them molding walls and ground for you.

Using diopieces is far easier and cheaper.

A lot of people here have used pieces like the Gate from Prince of Persia or random skate park pieces to great effect., and i think more people would buy smaller sets than they would larger ones.
>>
I would just want individual, interesting figure pieces, seperately sold, the could make for cool and fun static landscapes to pose and play with the figures on
>>
>>5760316
>Only way you can get away with getting modular sets cheaper than that is by them molding walls and ground for you

...but that's exactly what I'm saying they should do. They make the floors, the walls and a variety of accessories. You buy various sets of said walls, floors and accessories and build your own giant diorama playset. You only want small individual dio pieces? Fine, only buy one or two smaller sets. You want to build a whole damn castle, buy a dozen and build away.

It's a system that's already been done, works really well and is super popular with collectors.
>>
File: dungeon-ambiente-3-scal-01.gif (880 KB, 1400x982) Image search: [Google]
dungeon-ambiente-3-scal-01.gif
880 KB, 1400x982
>>5760483
Yeah, but those walls and floors should be seperate. You really can't include a lot without it becoming cost prohibitive.
And can get really expensive. Even with smaller sets....

The polystone and other resins (plastics too) pieces are usually well done, but expensive. I'm seeing various companies using laser etched wood now, which is far cheaper, but you need to paint them.

It's actually cheaper to use McFarlane's lego sets to make dungeons than sets like these
>>
>>5759885
Fuuuuck that army builder looks BETTER than Godfrey.

Das ok meng. I'll take at least 3!
>>
>>5760569
Yeah, that head spike is pretty cool compared to the plume.
>>
>>5760164
Source on this? Not that I dont believe you, but id like to see others of thier work.

Also what head was inspired by the set?
>>
>>5760620
I thought it was fairly know that the 4H met while working as sculpters for McFarlene toys.

Eric Treadaway did the wolfman set
http://www.oafe.net/yo/mcwolfset.php

Total Chaos was also a wave of McFarlene letting them sculpt whatever the hell they wanted to do, Cornboy is even named after one of the 4H.

Here's a list of probably all the work the 4H did for McFarlene
http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?243795-Which-MacFarlane-toys-did-the-Four-Horsemen-sculpt

I know they also did the famed NECA comic turtles and some work on ToyBiz's Marvel Legends- Beta Ray Bill is the one I know for sure, but I had read they had done others. And of course, a bunch of DC and He-Man stuff for Mattel.
>>
>>5760620
The Total Chaos figure Cornboy is literally the toy form of one of the 4H who goes by the same knickname.

Pretty much the 4H did most of Mcfarlane's best stuff.
>>
>>5760511
I would spend so much money on this... 1k? 2k? I would spend that much easily...
>>
>>5754706
Keep your eyes peeled
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.