[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your own toy stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 11
File: storybook.jpg (65 KB, 700x460) Image search: [Google]
storybook.jpg
65 KB, 700x460
Let's have a thread about our own stories we've had with our toys. From mashing figures together as kid to creating vast story arcs and settings with your figures on your own or with your friends. Let those creative juices flow anons.
>>
File: ChoujinCrossSlam.jpg (445 KB, 1102x1959) Image search: [Google]
ChoujinCrossSlam.jpg
445 KB, 1102x1959
my materia is my strongest toy, she out-wrassles all the wrasslers
>>
OP here, I'll share what I did with my figures.

I was in to transformers, star wars (just clone and storm troopers however, everything else either had garbage articulation or was uninteresting to me), and bionicles as a kid. I can remember like 3 major story settings I made.

The first one was all transformers and bionicles. And it was zombie stuff. My shockwave and sound wave were working on a dark energon experiment that went haywire. And the result was, well, zombie transformers that survived on pure/normal energon and could infect other bots if their dark zombie energon got into the systems of their victims. It started with that decepticon lab being over run with infected cons and shockwave and soundwave were the only survivors and they went and warned a nearby autobot base. The autobots sent out a small squad of bots including jazz and Jetfire to check it out. They had their first run in and lost most of the squad. Later on the decepticons attacked the autobot base and the noise attracted the zombie horde and they had to team up to get out alive. From there the zombie bots had spread all around and my transformers were split into roaming "tribes" of mixed groups of autobots and decepticons just trying to survive and find a cure. The cure research was led by soundwave and wheeljack since shockwave got swarmed at some point. I don't recall if a cure was ever made.
>>
>>5758423
Story arc 2: the multi line boogaloo
This one was transformers and my star wars guys.
After the transformers had taken their shit storm war to earth, humans eventually got tired of the destruction. Using some destroyed transformer corpses they developed high tech armor and laser weapons, in the form of clone and storm trooper armors and blasters, to use to try and drive off the transformers. At first they aligned themselves with autobots so they could destroy the decepticons first and then destroy the autobots. The problem was that they were still small humans. So they eventually captured Soundwave and reverse engineered his mass shifting abilities and weaponized it. They humans were now able to shrink the transformers down to a more fightable scale (this is how I explained a clone trooper toy being almost the size of a deluxe transformer and not being able to ride around in them). Transformers could no longer hide in plain sight since they were now smaller than earth vehicles. From there it was just battles set up in my room and yadda yadda. At some point decepticons started hiring human merc groups to fight with them and the autobots did the same. Just lots of childish kid battles, was a blast.
>>
>>5758443
Okay last one from me.
This one was set on Mars, and the humans ( clone trooper armor acting as space suits) and autobots were setting up outposts and new bases. During one mission they unburied a mysterious being,that was actually just a bionicle MOC of mine. They out the body in a museum along with other bionicle parts I had (I lost majority of my bionicle collection as a kid in a move and only had parts left for making new ones of my own). Eventually due to strange magic junk a mask made its way onto the bionicle corpse and it came alive. And he was pissed that other beings were building on his planet. This now alive bionicle was a warlord in his time and he more or less drove his race to extinction through giant wars. How that he was back in action he was ready to war some more, but he needed an army. So he rebuilt one of his fallen war generals in the museum and they set off to in earth more bionicle parts to build and revive new warriors to kick the autobots and humans off of Mars. The newly revived bionicles consisted of the war lord dude, his sword master general, a big super armored brute, and a little matoran type guy. Since bionicle figures are bigger than most transformers, that meant they were super powerful and hard to destroy. But their fewer numbers made it hard for them to take on an army of transformers and clone troopers, so they only engaged in a few battles, weakening the autobots and humans slowly but surely. One of my friends gave me his tub if bionicle parts and I made more warriors for my bionicle crew. I explained it as a graveyard. After the bionicles had that reinforcement they went and attacked the main base of the autobots and humans, and the bionicles blew up a reactor not knowing it was a nuclear type thing and it blew everyone up. The last thing I set up was the warlord, missing half his body, surrounded by his fallen brothers realizing he'd brought death to his kind for a second time and he died in regret of his actions.
>>
OP you are gay as fuck but so am I so I'll admit I have a little personality for mine too.
My Shinkis hate my FAGs because they're jealous of how much time I spend building them. All my robots have no personality, given that they are robots, but the Gundams take orders from the Shinkis and the Frame Arms kits are loyal to their little girl counterparts.
>>
As a kid I had an ongoing story of sorts with my Kenner Scorpion Alien being this evil quasi-immortal who my marines and other aliens actually joined forces to fight. My Gorilla Alien was the protagonist and was an edgy powerhouse, borderline Gary Stu who was the Scorpion's older brother who was constantly having to kill Scorpion and send his soul back to 'another dimension' (like the serpent men in the Conan the Barbarian cartoon series). To keep it going as I played, Scorpion would always find a way to re-materialize after enough innocent lives had been slaughtered in the universe, like an unofficial sacrificial summoning but was simply the result of wars around the cosmos, no cult or anything trying to bring him back.

Then when I was about 11 or so Dragon Ball Z started airing on Saturdays and I got hooked on that kind of storyline, and so Scorpion and Gorilla started fighting DBZ style when I played with them, the marines phased out of the story and other figures joining the mythos to form my version of the Z-fighters fighting off Scorpion. The Kenner predator Scavange (who for years I thought was named 'Savage') was Gorilla's 2nd in command, Dinobot (with raptor head up in robot-mode) was 3rd (his spark ended up not joining the Mateix of Cybertronbut instead was given a new body for his sacrifice). I'd started moving away from toys in my teens but kept re-inventing the stories for years. Now I'm back into toys and I'm nostalgia-ing knowing Neca is gonna do Kenner Xenos.
>>
File: futurama02.gif (67 KB, 410x307) Image search: [Google]
futurama02.gif
67 KB, 410x307
All the sentient robots in my collection were either workers or patients at a M*A*S*H unit on a backwater planet during the galactic war against the fleshies.

They often played pranks on each other to distract from the horrors of war.

The nonsensical rules of war sometimes meant that the robot doctors would have to save the life of a fleshie prisoner (usually a GI Joe figure), only to see it executed later on a hill near the unit.
>>
Nowadays I regret jumping from franchise to franchise when I was little.
A lot of storylines were aborted just because I got into a different series, though I aborted my Beast Wars storyline because some fag stole the leaders of both factions. I still can't fucking believe their aim.
I think the one that lasted the most was the Digimon one because I survived three seasons of it, and the one that lasted the least was the Small Soldiers because THIS IS NOT A TOY means no joints.
>>
File: image.jpg (786 KB, 1652x2352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
786 KB, 1652x2352
I did this up as a quick mockup on my phone for the customs I built.
>>
>>5759550
What does it mean to turn legend to myth?
>>
>>5762604
If I recall, legends are rooted in possible truths, but a myth is just a made-up story to explain things.
>>
>>5759356
Are you me?
>>
File: 1453147052816.gif (386 KB, 515x386) Image search: [Google]
1453147052816.gif
386 KB, 515x386
>>5764755

I... I must be. No other explanation makes sense.

Seriously... I'm not the only one?
>>
THIS fucking guy. My aunt must've figured that my Terminator needed someone to fight, but couldn't find a T-1000 in the KB clearance aisle.

But it worked out, because this evil sonofabitch was great. My parents watched the news a lot, and it was the nineties, so Kromium became my avatar of Really Scary Shit. He was a religous zealot, preaching Skynet's message of human extermination. He was one of the big bad guys, who could only be defeated by a team-up, because he was always threatening to use a nuke or a sarin gas attack to eliminate a million fleshpiles. But no matter who he was fighting, the end was ALWAYS Arnie showing up to have a big fistfight with him, the would end with Kromium getting tossed off a building or blown up or teleported into space, something nobody could survive that he would survive anyway.
>>
>>5765799
>know who needs a Neca update real bad?

but it'll have to require a fully new mold that can't be reused, so they won't do it.
>>
File: aerostrike.jpg (38 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
aerostrike.jpg
38 KB, 400x386
I know a lot of people had this guy, and more than a few had the sem idea that he was Batman's super mode. My take was slightly different; like most kids between 1989 and 2000, I had several different Batmen, and I figured it was like a GI Joe thing, with every guy having a different speciality. Goldbat was the last line of defence, the guy the badguys shit their pants when they saw him, because he didn't give a fuck. He didn't need any gadgets, because he just used his jetpack to punch straight through people.
>>
File: images-2.jpg (6 KB, 202x250) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
6 KB, 202x250
My parents, for some reason, never bought me a Hulk. So when I found the unusually muscular buisinessman in a Value Village, I figured he'd have to do.

His name was just Bob. He was a bored paper-pusher who one day actually went down to the docks to see the products his company actually made, which of course turned out to be super-drugs. Feeling like nothing mattered, he shot like ten syringes into his arn, which made him instantly and irreversably into a half-mindless, superstrong lunatic.

He wasn't a bad guy so much as a walking disaster thatbjust destroyed anything near him. Most of the time, his deal was being thrown at the good guys by some bigger bad guy.

When I found out he was a wrestler some years later, I was shocked. And when I found out he wad a SHITTY wrestler, I was pissed off.
>>
>>5765799
I have that toy and it is fucking godtier.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (7 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
7 KB, 240x210
Being lower-middle class, we only got toys on Christmas and birthdays, meaning it was mostly scattershot, no full lines from anything.

For some reason, not having the other two Big Bad Beetleborgs made me change the green one into a noble cyborg eco-terrorist whose name was The Beetleborg, and whose armor was somehow powered BY beetles?

He'd often come to blows with Captain Planet when he wanted to, for instance, murder all the workers on an oil rig, but that was nothing compared to...
>>
>>5765893
Triceratron! One Power Ranger didn't make much sense, so Billy the nerdhot teenager became Billy the ten-year-old, who had a giantish robot in the woods behind his house who he could put his consciousness in. Powered by his three horns, representing man, machine, and magic (I thought I was clever), his job was mostly pounding Beetleborg's ass when he got out of line, which was all the time.
>>
File: Untitled.png (896 KB, 843x513) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
896 KB, 843x513
This was my first team back in 2000, back when my collection was powered by an allowance or holidays.

I didnt really have villains except for Ares from the live-action Hercules series and a generic brachiosaurus figure. the ultimate bad guy was called "the hand", which was my hand
>>
>>5766494
>Dat X and Zero...
Man the memories...ActionAce.com...heh
>>
I had a team of legomen all decks out in helmets and shit.
each guy had a different power like fire, water, earth, plants, animals, etc etc.
there were like 12 of them and they had each a unique weapon and vehicle.
the leader was a guy on an Mtron robot torso with a red helmet.
there was an aquashark guy with a giant motorcycle and his power was water, his main weapon was a techno bow.

the baddies were all red robots ranging from small to gargantuan fuckers.
thier leader was an all red minifig with a red 1x1 brick for a head
>>
My Transformers collection had its own sort of variation on the G1 plot line going on. Basically Instead of one single autobot base there were several Autobases stationed across the Earth (Kinda like the JLI/various Avengers teams). They all had their own thing going for them too.

>Optimus Prime and the regular crew like Bumblebee, Ironhide, Jazz and Omega Supreme stick around The Ark as the main Autobase
>Ultra Magnus resides at Autobot City/Metroplex with a bunch of 85/86 bots
>Hotrod runs a crew of autobots with sports car modes like Sunstreaker, Tracks, and Blurr stationed in Miami
>Grimlock runs his own thing with the Dinobots in Russia
>Science Detective Team made up of Wheeljack, Perceptor, Hoist, and Grapple located in Japan
>Combiner teams are their own groups, Protectobots are situated in Europe while the Aerialbots are on a small island in the Pacific ocean
>A Moonbase that relays communications with everyone helmed by Blaster, his tapes, and a slew of minicons

Meanwhile the Decepticons were splintered into a Starscream faction and a Galvatron faction after the surprise disappearance of Megatron (He and Galvatron were two different dudes in my stories like in the G1 comics), with Starscream getting the Seekers, Bruticus and random other dudes like Bludgeon while Galvatron had Soundwave, Cyclonus, Scourge, Devastator, Menasor, and the triple changers. Starscream's group was located at the sunk Decepticon ship, while Galvatron had his group situated in Antarctica.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.