[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ebay stories general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 32
File: photo.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
5 days left, someone makes a bid. How are people this stupid? If you don't snipe your ebay bid, you're just making it more expensive for everyone including yourself. It should be common knowledge by now
>>
>>5714721
Some study came out early this year or late last year that most Americans (and therefore a huge chunk of eBay's user base) aren't literate in the internet beyond ebay and amazon.

Therefore most people won't be 'savvy' enough to not fuck up their auctions.

I am by no means a power seller, I usually throw up 500-1000 a month on ebay and take 500-700 after expenses, so I have some experience with it as well. It appears that when it comes to 'popular' items that people just bid early and often because they don't understand how the bidding system works, or are so new they haven't had anything they wanted sniped from them yet. I
>>
I've all but quit eBay. A friend and I share an Amazon Prime account and never looked back.
>>
>>5714737
Yeah, same. Nothing beats Prime.

But I'll still use Ebay for tradings cards and toys for super cheap.
>>
>>5714721
>They are making me pay more for a toy I want!
Wow, it's sorta like how a bidding site should work.
>>
>>5714741
What's the point for a retard to bid early? It's gonna make it more expensive even for YOU. Maybe most people don't have time to snipe at last second, but with the convenience of smartphone they could at least make bid an hour before the auction ends or something like that, not to mention the free sniping apps available. There is literally no excuse, it's a bad behavior and public menace similar to driving through red lights.
>>
>>5714757
But it isn't? Not every figure is super hotly desired that people will dedicate any portion of their time to snipe for it, real people got shit to do.
I don't snipe, nor will I ever. I will put a bid on whatever I want when I see it, keep a general eye on it, if it goes over what I was willing to pay for it, fuck it, it won't be worth it.
>>
>>5714757
I wish everyone would bid earlier to be honest. It's nicer to realise an item's too expensive when checking my watch list randomly, rather than seeing it go 10x the price in the last 30 seconds, which is pretty demoralising.
>>
>>5714769
> rather than seeing it go 10x the price in the last 30 seconds, which is pretty demoralising.

Use a sniping app, and put down the absolute max you're willing to pay within sane reason. It is demoralizing when you lose on "bidder's rush," but it is even more devastating when you overpaid and realize that mistakes have been made and now you have to pay $209 plus shipping for that shitty Series 6 Deadpool.
>>
File: cry-moar.jpg (31 KB, 250x219) Image search: [Google]
cry-moar.jpg
31 KB, 250x219
>>5714721
>>5714757
>wah wah wah why doesn't everyone suck dick like i do

people do shit how they feel like it fuck off faggot
bid early, late not at all

>wah wah the prices for the dragon dildos i want inside me are going up because retards bid early then i have to snipe them and spend 10x what i wanted to originally
>>
File: 1464033759595.jpg (89 KB, 778x675) Image search: [Google]
1464033759595.jpg
89 KB, 778x675
>bootleg figma
Had a feeling it was too good to be true. If I take pics of it and tell eBay the seller was full of shit should I be able to return it?

I've bought many off eBay before without a problem so this is a first.
>>
>>5714757
>There is literally no excuse
Some people don't sit online in their grandmother's basement all day. They have things to do, and whipping out a smartphone to place a snipe bid just anywhere doesn't work either.
What I am getting from this thread, is OP is too poor to outbid anyone. Not only that, but OP is too stupid to improve his monetary income.

RIP in pieces OP.
>>
>>5714837
>If I take pics of it and tell eBay the seller was full of shit should I be able to return it?

If it was advertised as legit then yes, you are 100% entitled to your money back, and there's fuck all the seller can do about it.

Open a return case
Get free return label
Print label
Stick it on box
Send back to seller, making sure you obtain proof of postage
Wait a few days for a refund
>>
>>5714844
>and whipping out a smartphone to place a snipe bid just anywhere doesn't work either.

Are you retarded or something?
>>
>>5714844
Just go through sniping app, what's so hard about it?
>>
>>5714774
>>5714767
>>5714757
>>5714721

Some are just being smart and showing self control with their cash and putting down their max bid early. Prevents people from going overboard with spending. Also works as a snipe bid, too.
>>
>>5714735

Where did that study come from? Out-of-your-ass University?
>>
>>5714905
There are places with spotty coverage and people who don't own smartphones.
>>
>>5715012
>2016
>living in a 3rd world shit hole
>not having 4G coverage everywhere
>not having a smartphone

Pajeet pls go
>>
>ITT: crybabies that never win ebay auctions
>>
I agree with OP.

Yes, setting your max bid early is a good way to not spend too much, but i think the point is that your chance to pay less than your max amount would be way higher if you wait to bid towards the end.
>>
>>5715000
While I'd like a source too I'm very inclined to believe the other anon.

Even a lot of younger people (read 14-29), who were raised with these kind of things or never knew how it was before, seem to to lack any kind of internet experience.
It's just enough to browse some websites, but installing Adblock when you are bothered by ads is for many already pure witchcraft.

I'm not much on ebay, but I have a friend who buys a lot of stuff there.
His reason for bidding early is that he thinks it scares away others.
You know there is at least one other person who wants this item, which means you might end in a bidding war, for some that is already too much work.
They want to know that when they make their bid they definitely get the item in the end.

Not sure how true this really is, but it at least makes sense.
I personally bid early on stuff I don't care that much about, but would be nice to win for cheap.
I don't really track these kind of listings, I just bid and wait for the mail.
Things I really want I keep an eye on and try to snipe.
>>
>>5714721
Why does ebay even make auctions longer than 1 hour??

I mean what are they, stupid?? :^)
>>
File: eh.jpg (43 KB, 590x474) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
43 KB, 590x474
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>5715032
I can tell you've never been to college or had a real job. My current work place has a huge dead spot in the company cafeteria. Yes, you can connect to wifi. Guess what, they block sites like eBay so you're not fucking off all day.
>>
>bidding

aren't 90% of eBay listings set as BIN anymore? I only even look at the auctions if it's something very hard to find.
>>
>>5714721
>planning your entire life around saving a few pennies on ebay

Poorfag general?
>>
>>5715127
>saving money makes you poor

"Look everyone, I spent my entire paycheck on this new TV! I'm so rich!"

>1 week later

"Mommy and daddy, can I have money? I need food and to pay rent"
>>
>>5715130
Who are you trying to convince?
>>
>all these buttmad ebay sellers who hate when people get good deals on their items
>being such a faggot like>>5714844 that you resort to calling people basement dwellers

Keep crying homos, your tears fuel me as I snipe your items :^)
>>
>>5715130
>saving money makes you poor
No, clearly worrying SO MUCH about saving money is an obvious indicator that you are completely broke.
>>
File: 2438860-bag+of+shit.png (190 KB, 779x960) Image search: [Google]
2438860-bag+of+shit.png
190 KB, 779x960
>>5715139
No one, because you'll never learn how to handle money.

>if you can afford it, you should buy it
>if you won't buy it, you're poor
>>
>>5715143
>being this much of a dumbshit
>not buying the cheap option
>not making Best Offers
>>
OP, I'm with you. We are clearly superior minds than these overpaying filth, and we can owe it all to our supreme jewish blood and ancestry!
Without it, we would be incapable of these clever financial gains.
>>
>>5715151
>being miserable because you spend all your neetbux at once
>trying to save all your gbp for something but so poor you constantly have to downgrade to something shitter
>being so butthurt you spend all day projecting on 4chan
>>
File: 1459625906230.jpg (75 KB, 468x701) Image search: [Google]
1459625906230.jpg
75 KB, 468x701
this fucking post, please dont stop. pure and solid keks at every corner.
>>
>>5715012
>he doesnt have a smartphone
>>
I bid early and put my max price is pay down, so no in not overpaying you dumb fag. I do it in case I have shit to do when the auction is going off and the fact that is never at more than that max bid anyways.
>>
>>5715745
>I base my entire self worth on the possession of a handheld communication device
>>
File: gixen_logo.gif (6 KB, 218x77) Image search: [Google]
gixen_logo.gif
6 KB, 218x77
Name a flaw

You literally can't. It's completely free, it BOTH saves you money and prevent you from overspending
>>
>>5715931
>You literally can't.
>not 100% effective
I literally did! Oh, you can pay the fee for Gixen Mirror, but then it's not completely free now is it?
Fuck off shill.
>>
File: byrne.png (488 KB, 624x622) Image search: [Google]
byrne.png
488 KB, 624x622
>buy 1/6 clothing from china
>paypal automatically logs me in to my preferred shit and I don't realize it so I submit order
>is set to bank THEN card
>no money in my bank atm, just want to use my card
>this is probably normal for some people but I know my bank, they WILL fuck this up
>contact seller and they're super nice and refund me within a day and I place the order again using the correct method of payment this time and everything is dandy
>paypal has the full refund confirmed and listed so that's also fine
>FOUR DAYS LATER
>wake up, check email
>paypal: "bank denied payment, funds not available"

>paypal, even after getting confirmation of me getting a full refund and THEY THEMSELVES canceling the payment, decides to ask my bank for the cash anyway half a week later
>look in bank account because I can already fucking sense the bullshit
>Here have a 30 dollar transaction failed fee :)
>>
>>5716020
Paypal always defaults to bank first.

But really, if you have no money in the bank, you probably shouldn't be buying novelty shit, take care of that first.
>>
Sold about $350 in toys I had sitting in storage. Feels so good man.
>>
>>5716047
It's already full again, I just bought this with one of my cards that I don't have to pay until next month, it's not really a big deal.
>>
>>5716059
>Bank account
>Can ever be full

How many 11 years old are there?
>>
>>5716020

One of my retard family members had something close to this happen

>retard has account set to never allow a transaction unless there is money in the bank
>goes to pay bills
>literally like $1 short because they don't keep track of their money
>it goes through anyway, figures he had enough
>lol retard didn't have enough, the bank overdrafted him because he didn't read that bill payments are an exception apparently
>he doesn't check his account often
>nearly $200 in overdraft fees
>>
>>5716071
Jesus Christ that's nowhere near mine. I knew almost immediately to keep an eye on mine for dumb shit but didn't expect it four days later.

>>5716068
I dunno, maybe 30? I haven't bought many children since the Tampa human trafficking scene flared up.
>>
>only bidder on expensive toy
>win it for $5.00 plus free shipping
>pay immediately
>get message a day later saying it sold outside of ebay
>check seller's page
>it's relisted
>>
>>5715912
But it is scientifically proven through countless studies that you save money the other way around, if you snipe or use a snipebot.

Ebay takes a cut from the seller, hence why they still had this archaic system. It doesn't benefit the buyers at all, despite Ebay pretend "buyers first" policy. A person who doesn't snipe or use snipe-bot are literally, literally and not figuratively an ignoramus and a public menace to other buyers.

Also sniping protects you from getting shilled tactic, "shill" in the textbook dictionary way, e.g. the ebay seller having a friend who artificially increases the price so you pay more.
>>
>>5715127
>Poorfag general?
It's /toy/...so yes.
>>
> See auction
> First Bid, go max
> dgaf
> poorfags like OP come see the auction, set watch list
> See others bidding, pushing up my max
> Goes higher than what their jew wallets can take, they leave
> I win under my max
> Ebay sends me notification to pay
> I live my life completely untouched by jewfags like OP
>>
>>5715095
It means 73 put an initial max bid of 17.50 or higher, and 88 worked up bid by bid until he decided the toy wasn't worth $17
>>
>pay what i'm willing to pay and not a cent more
>if I get it great, if not oh well
I don't see the problem. I'm not here to lowball and try to screw a seller out of cash. I give my one and only offer then walk away.
>>
>>5716852
>saving money is Jewish

better that than an inbred southerner that can't even win a Civil War.
>>
>>5714737
all older toys are at double or more in amazon. with ebay you got a chance to get them for cheap.
>>
Sniping is stupid. If I want something that I'm willing to pay $20 max for, I put down $20 and walk away. If some wanker tries to "snipe" it away from me and pushes it over $20, then no lost. It wasn't worth more than $20 to me.

People who complain about overpaying on an auction obviously don't understand what a max bid is. If you get caught up in a bidding war and cry because you "overpaid", it's because you lack self-control when you keep pushing the BID button when you shouldn't. It only needs to be pressed once.
>>
>make bid
>1 second later
>eh never mind
>post link to auction on 4chan
>someone else bid past me
thanks guys. <3
>>
File: 1458027167262.gif (474 KB, 127x139) Image search: [Google]
1458027167262.gif
474 KB, 127x139
>June 2, 2016 Shipping Label Created
>hasn't updated past that and it's already the evening of the 6th
>>
>>5714721
I've honestly had no issues with Ebay, other than a couple of sellers not putting tracking on my stuff lately.
>>
>>5716852
What kind of retarded logic is this?
>>
>>5718599

Means I win my shit under my max bid ot just fuck it. And I don't have to watch the auction like an anal retard. As opposed to

> see auction, want maybe at $20
> watch, don't bid
> check on last day
> d'oh, $19.50 I probably won't win at $20
> I can spare $2 above my original max
> set sniper at $22
> win at $21.50

yaay, you got cucked of $1.50 more because human willpower is stupid.
>>
>>5718720
>cucked

/pol/ escapee detected.
>>
I've tried sniping only for autobid to automatically win.

I've always auto bid now
>>
>>5718887
so do you just wait for someone to say that to sperg out?

cuck is 100% a normie word
>>
>>5714721
>If you don't snipe your ebay bid
Simplest way to find a NEET on /toy/: look for the person who can't understand that people work and have busy lives and can't wait down the timer on every auction
>>
>>5718904
on what planet?
>>
File: normal anti - Copy.jpg (175 KB, 989x559) Image search: [Google]
normal anti - Copy.jpg
175 KB, 989x559
>>5718904
>cuck is 100% a normie word

pic related
>>
>>5718904
>cuck is 100% a normie word
This is a great way of knowing if somebody goes on 4chan more than outside.
>>
>>5718581
When they do this, I always send them a message saying it's for a birthday and they get it out immediately.
>>
>>5718581
>seller has a specific shipping schedule
>seller does not state this up front in auction descriptions

If you can only mail on Fridays, say so before they purchase the damn thing!
>>
>>5718720
Or you could use a sniping app for free, and save yourself a couple of bucks. Also protects yourself from getting screwed from dishonest seller who increase the bid through alt account. Literally no excuse for putting bid early, you make it more expensive for everyone and help Ebay reap those hard earned NEETbucks
>>
>>5715144
>that image

Holy shit. I love the facial expressions.
>>
>>5716167
I hope you contested that. What a load of bullshit.
>>
>>5718971
How do sniper apps work? Doesn't eBay's auto bidder kind of make it moot?
>>
>>5716238
you are so full of shit it hurts.
Stop getting upset you can't snipe a super low price when people are bidding like normal.
>>
>people are bidding too early fucking normies it's inflating the costs REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>couldn't you just get a job instead of sitting on ebay and 4chan all day? with actual income you wouldn't be upset at paying $2.25 more for a toy

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>5719039
B-but you can use an app so you can drop everything you are doing to try and save a couple cents!
If you don't, you are negatively impacting every other buyer, somehow, and you are the scum of the earth!!!!!
>>
>>5715032
>>5715012
It must be so nice to either be a NEET or have some minimum wage job where you can whip out your phone willy-nilly
>>
>see something I sort of want maybe, kind of uncommon but not really rare
>of course specialty shops are sold out of it though
>people always post it more than it's worth new, for used, because obviously some shit sitting on your dusty shelf for 5 months before you decided you didn't want it is worth just as much as new, right?
>keep seeing them come an go because I waffle on actually buying it
>just want one for a fair fucking price, not "lol $5 less used but $15 shipping making it $10 more than new" or similar shenanigan bullshit

Seen like 5 of the item in question come and go so far. Fuck.
>>
>>5719042
>B-but you can use an app so you can drop everything you are doing to try and save a couple cents!
>drop everything you are doing
I'm too dumb to understand what a snipebot does
>>
>>5719070
You could have just said "I don't understand the latecomers tax" because that's the core of your post.
>>
>>5719076

Latecomers tax doesn't exist for an item still in production most likely.

I'll get one for a fair price at some point.
>>
>>5719080
what item?
>>
>>5719070

You do realize that people not thinking of used figures as having lost all their value helps you if you eventually sell something, correct?
>>
>>5719072
please, tell me what respectable job you work out where you can just pull out your phone, no matter what you are doing, and try to snipe something off ebay.
>>
>>5715012
or have your own desk and computer and enough privacy to do some personal stuff between getting your work done?

Oh and sniping apps
>>
>seller accepts best offer
>make reasonable offer
>seller never responds- no acceptance, no rejection, no counter-offer
>offer expires

Oh well, they hate money.
>>
>>5718005
by doing so you either not get the item, or pay it your set max

which means wasting money in the long run

which is stupid
>>
>>5719351
I would agree to not max bid at the start, but sniping isn't going to change anything besides like 3$ tops and if you are so worried about that kind of cash, you probably shouldn't be on ebay.
>>
>>5719136
Oh wow you truly dont understand how this work. The point of a bot is that it does it for you. So you put on the max bid value beforehand, early into the app rather than directly on ebay, then 2s or 1s before the bid ends the app does the bid for you. Works exactly like an alarm clock
>>
>>5719391

All things being equal, sniping is worse than just bidding early. It doesn't prevent shill bidding at all, because whatever dishonest fuckery is going down will still go down however you bid.

Real bidding's big advantage is the ability to win by zero. If I bid $20, and you snipe $20, I win. You gonna snipe $20.50.

I've won TONS of auctions by bidding early and winning right at my max because you dumb snipers bid my exact max bid.

The *only* time sniping works is when everyone is gaming for a bargain and there are no other bidders willing to pay reasonably for the item. I've used auto snipe on some obscure stuff. But on items where you have a lot of keen interest, sniping has no advantage.

Both methods work, for very different scenarios. You guys who only prescribe to sniping, lurk moar and learn.
>>
Right, I'm a bidding noob, how does sniping on ebay work exactly?

If I bid $10 on an item, can someone else bid say $10.50 and win last second? What are the increments it goes up for? Surley you can't outbid someone by afew cents at the very last second?
>>
>>5716020
MOTHER FUCK
>call bank a few days ago and see if I can get the fee canceled because paypal fucked up
>they agree but tell me "we can only do this once every 12 months"
>oh thank god it's all over
>wake up about a week later, today
>PAYPAL HAS ASKED YOUR BANK FOR A SECOND TIME :) BUT U DONT HAVE THE MONEY
>30 DOLLAR FEE AGAIN FUCK
>call paypal because this is horrible
>get sassy black bitch
>"nah see this is yo fault not ours paypal always asks twice"
>even though I was refunded on the 28th of MAY? And paypal took the 45 dollars back from my balance over a week ago?
>"yeah see that aint our fault etc etc"
>so you guys get your money back, but don't bother halting your system which charges me 30 dollars every time it asks?
>can I speak to a supervisor or collections
>get sent to a spanish dude
>immediately says "oh yeah I'll send you an email that says it was our fault, take it to your bank"
WOMEN NOT EVEN ONCE
paypal also not even once apparently
>>
>>5719600

Ebay has automatically decided increments, most of the time its somewhere between 50 and 75 cents (in the US), and it completely depends on what has been bid. But to answer your question, Ebay will tell you your next bid needs to be equal to or more than this "next increment". So if an item is at 10.00, you'll need to bid at least 10.50 to get the next bid. If you tried putting down 10.02 to try and win by 2 cents, it wouldnt let you, but you can win by .25 or .50 cents if you get lucky on the next bid.

This also means that if you put 11 dollars as your max and the bidding ends at 10.75, you only have to pay 10.75, and it means your competitors highest bid was 10.75 or less.
>>
>>5719587
You're confusing sniping with iterative bidding, which is the true Jew tactic. Iterative bidding is stupid, sniping is not. The point of sniping is to control yourself and not overpay beyond your budget and protect yourself exactly from iterative Jew bidder who would raise $.50 of max mid at the time.

>It doesn't prevent shill bidding at all, because whatever dishonest fuckery is going down will still go down however you bid. It doesn't prevent shill bidding at all, because whatever dishonest fuckery is going down will still go down however you bid.
It absolutely does. Say the item is $0.99, but the sellers don't really want to sell it before $10 - your max bid is $20.5. If you snipe it, the seller wouldn't have time to shill with alt account and you win the item for $0.99. If you bid early, you can be shilled to pay $10.50. TELL me how it doesn't matter, because it matters

>Real bidding's big advantage is the ability to win by zero. If I bid $20, and you snipe $20, I win. You gonna snipe $20.50.
In this case the sniper's max budget is $20 because he sniped $20. However an experienced ebay sniper would not put a round number like $20, put something like $20.50 all the time

>You guys who only prescribe to sniping, lurk moar and learn.
There is literally no advantage to not sniping. Maybe instead of lurking on cambodian imageboard about plastic crack you should read countless peer reviewed journals in mathematics and economics that confirm sniping is the best strategy. Too dumb to do ordinary differential equation eh?
>>
>>5719655

Silly boy, your assumption only works if every single ebay member made an agreement only to snipe.

You get everyone and anyone participating in an auction. Which fucks your wonderful sniping methodology completely. Thus OP's rant against the entire world for bidding.

Perhaps you should stop reading your armchair math theory and get out of the basement to learn how human psychology works.
>>
File: 1397617320520.png (179 KB, 1155x852) Image search: [Google]
1397617320520.png
179 KB, 1155x852
>>5719655
>true Jew tactic
>>
>>5719668
It protects you from shill tactic, jew who iteratively bid $0.50, normies who act irrationally during the final minute under "bidder's high" and most importantly control your spending so you don't get caught in "bidder's high" yourself and spend beyond your means. Literally no disadvantage of that tactic unless you're a retard who value winning the auction more than spending the rational value for said item.

>learn how human psychology works.
Kek I'd rather learn real math and calculus which are applicable in all scientific fields and engineering than pseudoscience
>>
>>5714721
Definitely not true. If no one else bids after you, you're golden. Numerous of the things I've bid on (and won) I bid minimum price on them days before the auction ended, and no one else bid. So.. Yeah. Didn't make it more expensive for me.
>>
>>5719600
>>5719646

And to specify, sniping specifically means putting in a high bid at the very last second in hopes of winning. Ebay has a "max bid" option that makes sniping a lot harder nowadays. Max bid means that you will win the item as long as your max is the highest, but you only have to pay what the bidding reaches. If you max bid $200 for an item that starts at $1, if other bidders only raise it to $10, you win it and only have to pay $10.

Where this gets dangerous is if you really really want the item and try to be sneaky and put a max of $200, and someone else has the idea, whoever went to it first or whoever went larger has to pay the highest it reached. If you go $150 and someone else goes $200, they have to pay $150.
>>
>>5719696
Why risk getting shilled by alt account, etc though? Even if noone else bids on it all the way, you're taking more risk - and moreso say if a person does outbid you, you're likely to bid again and engage in bidding war. If you truly think that the item is only worth the minimum price, then you could just put the minimum value down on your snipe-bot and forget about it until you receive email saying that you won the auction.

There are some scenarios when there is no benefit to sniping, but there's also literally no downside. Compare this to the many downside of bidding early, e.g. risking getting shilled, risking to engage in a bid war with an autist, risking overpay beyond your means, etc. It is always SAFER and more beneficial to do it with snipebot app who does the sniping for you. Literally no downsides
>>
>>5719154
>or have your own desk and computer and enough privacy
Sometimes, you don't decide all the circumstances. I had to type that out because of your inability to think rationally.
>>
>>5714721
>snipebot
>letting 3rd party have your account info

Not even once.
>>
>>5719715
Name me one civil suit case where a person is defrauded by snipebot app. Anyone who's not a real moron would not use a browser based snipebot from chinese website
>>
>>5719719
>Name me one civil suit case where a person is defrauded by snipebot app
You think that is the only way you could get screwed? Grow some hair on your balls before you talk to adults, kid.

>3rd party app sells your personal info
>you're fucked
>>
>>5718933
Just did this, hopefully they respond soon. Thanks for the tip, I wouldn't have thought of that.
>>
>>5719344
I hate this so much, the worst is when ypu make them an offer and they counter offer with thier original price but 0.99 lower.
>>
>>5719832
>have same item listed 3 years straight
>price is clearly too high or demand too low
>ignore all offers, never lower price, stick with "it will eventually sell" mentality

No it won't, no one's going to pay you $30 shipped for that common-as-hell Witchblade figure.
>>
>>5719127

An open product will have lost value simply due to being opened and potentially played with. I don't bid on opened products unless it's something long out of print or something you can't reasonably acquire new in box, or I want it bad enough.

However, for something relatively recent, you bet your ass I'm probably not bidding if you don't shave a few bucks off. And really shave them off, not price it lower but then charge outrageous sums for shipping. Sorry faggots, the slowest mail service possible for a fucking 6" figure loose isn't gonna run you $20 fucking dollars. I'd totally expect $1-5 off an open $20 figure for example, and $5-15 off a 60+ one if that shit meets the above that I outlined.
>>
File: 2016-06-07 15.37.52.jpg (3 MB, 2783x1850) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-07 15.37.52.jpg
3 MB, 2783x1850
>>5714721
>5 days left, someone makes a bid.

I always do that, *and* camp the last minute on the item to snipe it.

I only bid on things at nearly a steal price, but enough to buy me some time if someone tries sniping it from me.
Throw an early max bid in well below the going rate to test the waters. If nobody else is interested, I get it dirt cheap.
On the other hand, some more valuable figures attract a bid shortly before the auction ends, and I just drop my real max bid in the final five seconds.
I've only lost with this method once or twice when trying to buy equipment for my shop. Those buyers are rarely interested in good deals, just getting their tools in a timely fashion.

Unless I NEED something urgently, which has never happened with /toy/ related buys, I always manage to score my items for less than half of whatever the current going rate is at the time.

Pic related: a few of those are gifts, but all the pricey shit was bought by me (outside of the Lego Tumbler) at insane discounts.
I think Zatanna was the only one that ran me more than original retail price.
>>
>>5720022
Why don't you put max bid on sniping app? It simplifies everything and there is literally no downside
>>
>>5719820
Wow, that worked. Tracking was just updated as "acceptance" and should be here on Friday. Fucking lagger.
>>
>>5720071
My job requires me to sit around in an office for 99% of my 40+ hour workweek. And when I do have work to do, it's best to do it very slowly, and take as many cell phone breaks as possible, because god only knows when we'll get another chance to break up the monotony of sitting in an of sitting in that fucking office.

If I automated my sniping, I'd be taking away one of the few joys I get in my day.
Without the opportunity to fuck around on my phone, my job would be truly soul crushing--but instead it's an opportunity to hone buying useless shit.
>>
>>5719351
>doesn't understand how max bids work
>>
>>5719937
>hit buy it now
>never send payment
>>
>>5719820
>>5720078
Yeah I never thought of that until I bought myself something under the excuse of "birthday present to myself" and they took their sweet ass time getting it out. I told them it was a birthday gift, leaving out the part that it was for myself and it was shipped the next day.
>>
>>5719832
Thank poorfags who run around offering 25 cents on the dollar and act like they're doing sellers a favor. Also thank the venues stealing 15%-20% of every sale.
>>
>>5720185

Sell it on craigslist then if you think you're getting screwed by eBay.

Too many sellers seem to forget the sheer amount of competition out there. You want to sell, you price competitively, you don't slap it on there and pray some retard will pay an inflated price.
>>
>>5720223
>Too many sellers seem to forget the sheer amount of competition out there.

I do wonder why some sellers continue to price items at $50 when the copies that do sell are between $10-$15 for the same condition.
>>
>check my listings
>something has another watcher
>oh neat
>few hours later
>down a watcher
well fuck you too then
>>
>on the last hour or less
>spam the bidder count every 10 cents
>for example: starting from $5.00 to $5.10 then $5.20 and so on until you reach either $6-7
>reach almost 15-20 bids by way of adding only 10 cents per bid
>no one else bids, or the few that do would get daunted to continue bidding because "ermahgerd so many bids" or thinking it's probably shills for the seller
>win item for cheap no problem

Who else does this?
>>
>>5720342
Kinda brilliant. Will try.
>>
>>5714721
>you're just making it more expensive for everyone including yourself

Yes, and? If some asshole is going to try to outbid me, then I'm going to make them fucking EARN it, goddamn it.
>>
>>5714721
You are literally retarded.
Come the last second, it makes no difference what ANY of the previous bids are when you place your best bid. You're so brokebrained to realize the auction can be going up slowly & incrementally 50, 55, 60, 65... and at the last second someone bids $900 guess what your last second snipe of 80 did fuckall. The only thing that matter is your and any other bidders' high bid.
>>
>find a cute doremi plush
>put in minimum bid
>win
>get it
>it's good
>>
File: 1464573126551.jpg (62 KB, 428x410) Image search: [Google]
1464573126551.jpg
62 KB, 428x410
>Popular figure regularly sells loose for a few bucks above retail for BiN and Auction
>Complete a few bucks even higher
>New complete listing goes up
>Bid at 5days left because why not
>Forget about it
>Auction ends and I was the only bidder
>Mfw
And thats how I won that new ML Taskmaster for $20 shipped.
>>
File: 1450317992090.png (337 KB, 957x537) Image search: [Google]
1450317992090.png
337 KB, 957x537
>buyer bought item 24 hours ago
>still no payment
How long do you guys usually wait before you open a case?
>>
>>5720744
If you had sniped it at the last moment, you would have gotten it cheaper!
>>
>ITT a sniper app developer desperate to shill and try to steal as many /toy/ soldier's details as they can
>>
>>5720754
Ebay has a time table of how long the buyer and seller has to do things. If you're anxious, just send the buyer a simple message like "Thanks for buying, blah blah blah, send payment, acceptable forms of payment are blah blah blah".
>>
>>5720754

24 hours isn't that long. Many serious buyers who really want the item are ready to pay almost immediately because they're motivated and have their shit together, but a lot of other people are kind of dipshits who will try and waste time.

> derp derp I was waiting on some other funds to clear sorry

eBay policy gives them at least 3-4 days before you can even file a nonpaying complaint, and they get more time after that before it closes against them.
>>
>>5720773
>that image

Holy shit have you been reading my inbox?
>>
>>5720758
But my first bid was base price!

I got it cheaper than retail! Fuck the system
>>
>>5714991
>>5715912
>>5720474
My god, all of this.
>>
>>5720763
>>5720773

Weird, because if I purchase a BIN item, it wants immediate payment. On a bid or a best offer I do have to pay manually, but BIN is always immediate.

I almost never bid(it has to be that rare for me to bother) but do make offers, and generally pay as quick as I can if they accept the offer.
>>
Looks like the lucky streak is over. I dropped off an ebay package yesterday afternoon and the tracking hasn't updated. The post office didn't even scan it in...
>>
File: 1459993656196.png (199 KB, 354x425) Image search: [Google]
1459993656196.png
199 KB, 354x425
>put some books up on eBay
>Person sends me a message saying: "I can get these slightly cheaper elsewhere ://///!"
If you can get it cheaper elsewhere then fucking get it from said place
>>
File: 1414441087415.png (443 KB, 951x634) Image search: [Google]
1414441087415.png
443 KB, 951x634
>"lower your prices man nobody is ever going to buy it for that price"
>someone buys it for that price an hour later
>mfw
>>
File: overpriced.jpg (110 KB, 793x735) Image search: [Google]
overpriced.jpg
110 KB, 793x735
>overpriced common figures

Why can't sellers spend 2 minutes checking sold listings? These sell for $10 shipped so there's no excuse to ask high prices like that.
>>
>>5720863
though I suspect some of it is

>but I paid $30 for it 15 years ago, I'm just trying to recoup what I paid for it

The market doesn't care about what you paid for it, the market only cares about the current demand. We won't pay extra out of sympathy for what you paid for it when it was still a hot item.
>>
>>5720884
This
This
This
This
THIS
SOOOOOOO
MUCH
>>
>I'll pay the current price is you end it right now. PUHLEAZE!

I get 4-5 of these per selling auction.
>>
>>5720918
Truth be told, this isn't the worst idea, albeit not the way you describe it. I got a figure for cheaper than average by asking a seller to add a BIN amount to his auction. It had no bids and I was offering $10 more than the start price.
>>
File: 1461148102806.jpg (39 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1461148102806.jpg
39 KB, 225x225
>search for Apocalypse BAF
>see one listed for £35 starting bid, no bids yet with a week left to go
>message seller and ask if they'll sell it for £50 BIN
>"no sorry, it's worth a lot more than that"
>nobody else bids and i win it for £35
>mfw
>>
File: tumblr_m8rgelqNEF1qek177o1_400.png (366 KB, 400x499) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8rgelqNEF1qek177o1_400.png
366 KB, 400x499
>>5715104
Sucks to be you, faggot.
>>
>>5719677

Sorry, but at the rate you're currently going, you're not gonna impress anyone with your woeful understanding of numbers or probability.

>>5719705

>>you're taking more risk - and moreso say if a person does outbid you, you're likely to bid again and engage in bidding war.

What part of setting a max bid and walking away don't you understand? Many of us have already said - we don't hav time to glue ourselves to the end of the auction like you do.

>>There are some scenarios when there is no benefit to sniping, but there's also literally no downside.

See
>>5719587
>>Real bidding's big advantage is the ability to win by zero. If I bid $20, and you snipe $20, I win. You gonna snipe $20.50.
>>
>>5719677
>shill
>jew
>literally
>kek
>I'd rather learn real math and calculus

Am I supposed to believe that a /pol/tard like you has any education what so ever beyond grammar school?
>>
Why do people care so much about Winning or saving money on eBay?
I usually will just put a minimum bid on things and if I win Ok, if I don't whatever.
I might not check eBay for a whole week only to find I won stuff for $.99
>>
>>5721198
>Why do people care so much about Winning or saving money on eBay?
Because they want the item and they don't want to pay too much for it
>>
>>5714721
Imo chances are that a popular item will most likely reach its msrp, so I just bid my maximum bid whenever I see it before I even forget about it, I've win things like this before, long story short if you are sniping a hot item, probably some one else is too, and you are just postponing the bidding war until there's like 10 seconds left.
>>
File: 582016111525.jpg (363 KB, 1210x1600) Image search: [Google]
582016111525.jpg
363 KB, 1210x1600
>>5721183
Love it when shit like that happens.

I think I offered £25 for this guy cause he was brand new and sealed and the first one I'd seen on eBay in ages. Seller declined my request to end the auction early, I ended up winning him for about £13 :^)
>>
>>5721183
>>5721252
I've experienced this. Feels amazing. Hard to fight the urge to taunt them afterwards.
>>
>>5714757
I bid early all the time and often get items for the starting bid price. How does this make me pay more than doing it later?
>>
>>5714721
>5 days left, someone makes a bid. How are people this stupid?

Are you stupid? Not everyone can access an auction at the last moment so they may as well place a bid because either they're gonna win or not get anything at all. Why the flip shouldn't they just because it has the chance to inconvenience some stranger they don't even know exists? Granted doing it five days early is dumb but there's nothing wrong placing a bid a day or a few hours early depending on your schedule.
>>
>>5714721
I always bid early with the maximum price I would pay for the item.

If anyone elses want to buy it, they would have to pay more than I would.
>>
>>5722898
>>5722904
>>5722454
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/science/columnist/2006-06-25-physics-of-ebay_x.htm
>>
>>5722922
I'm not talking about saving money. My post is about situations like mine where you can't bring in something like a smartphone into where you work due to security reasons meaning my only options are to bid early or not bid at all. If I bid early I still have the slight chance to win what I want, if I don't bid then I don't get shit which is the same exact result of someone outbidding my max amount I'm willing to go anyway so there's no logical reason for me to not bid early. Keep in mind I'm not arguing against sniping because I do that when possible but there are legitimate why someone would bid early.
>>
>>5714721
Sometimes I just put bids early for items I don't want a value that I know people will outbid later. Just to make them pay more or not be able to pay a very cheap price.

Until now I had the luck to never win one of those.
>>
>bidding on things
>not going for Buy It Now
>>
>>5715104
I can tell you work in a shitty place, Gaylord
>>
File: me_and_my_shy_guy_plush_doll.jpg (163 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
me_and_my_shy_guy_plush_doll.jpg
163 KB, 1080x720
Just got this guy, /toy/!
>>
>>5722922

> 2006
>>
>>5722963
>Just to make them pay more or not be able to pay a very cheap price.
I do this occasionally too.

>>5720754
You can send them an invoice, which is like code for "hurry up and pay for your shit"
>>
>>5723577

Most people pay the same day since they want their shit, but if I have a slowpoke, I'll usually invoice them every day or two.

This isn't calling dibs until payday, or a layaway program, so pay for your shit.
>>
>>5723584

I'm dealing with the same shit right now, it's been two days and no payment so I sent the buyer a message to see if he needs more time to pay or would he like to cancel the order and no response.

The damning thing is the guy has immaculate feedback of over 600 stars for "fast, immediate payments" yet when it comes to me I'm the odd man out.

Harumph.
>>
>>5723791
People are rude in general, it's a fact of life. If they needed more time they should have just messaged you with an explanation. There is really no reason to take more than 24-48 hours to pay for something unless you don't have the money at which point sellers deserve an explanation so they know the buyer isn't flaking out.

Problem is eBay and Amazon have built themselves up as "customer first" businesses and third party sellers need to play by those rules too. So they expect you to shrug this shit off like it's no big deal whether you sell 10 items or 1000 items.
>>
File: twoface02.jpg (45 KB, 584x441) Image search: [Google]
twoface02.jpg
45 KB, 584x441
>>5723837
Here's the problem.

I know that I should ask about paying a couple days late before I bid if I can't pay right away. I'm not a monster, I swear.

But I have dealt with so many fucking stupid people whose brains completely shut down on a single question that I just cringe at the thought of having to e-mail somebody back and forth over the course of a week.

So I end up flipping a coin on whether to throw caution to the wind or not bid at all. Because at least the coin will give me a fucking answer to the question I ask.
>>
>>5723791
Just open an unpaid item case.

I had this shit pulled on me so many times every time i make a listing i make sure to put in: "pay me within 48 hours or i will open an unpaid item case. if you need more time fucking message me". So i know to give up at 48 hours.
One guy took the fucking piss, he didn't pay, didn't message me. So i opened a case and relisted the item after.
Who wins the one i relisted? The same fucking guy. Still doesn't pay me. I relist third time. Same fucking guy wins again. Same thing.
I don't know what the fuck was wrong with this guy, i blocked him before i relisted it again.
>>
Ebay now has an automatic bidding system.

You just put the maximum price you want to bid and it will rise automatically.
>>
File: rage.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
>>5716020
not really related but
>put in loan to cover part of semester tuition
>loan is written for that "year"
>financial aid office puts it on the previous semester even though it was fully covered??
>bam late fee because I didn't expect retards to be working as accountants in a university
>"well it didn't specifically say that semester so gib money pls"
>this is my first lesson in BUREAUCRACY AT WORK

goddamned FUCKING cocksuckers. Once I get out of that bullshit factory I'm not even sneezing in their direction.
>>
>>5724557
>now

They've had that since the 90s
>>
>>5724552

I'm giving him till tomorrow to pay then I'm opening a case, I figure he just might be waiting for a paycheck to be direct deposited to an account or something.
>>
>buy item
>seller takes 3 days to print postage
>another 2 to waddle to the PO and mail it

I'm just going to start requesting sellers refund me if it hits day 4 and it's not been sent.
>>
>sell nib Mg for a bit above retail
>buyer pays next day
>ship it out no problem
>buyer signs for it a few days later
>a weeks later get a message from buyer >they want a partial refund because they found it cheaper elsewhere
>lolnope
>tell them I don't offer partial refunds
>"but you offer returns!"
>tell them I'll refund them in full as long as they hadn't started the kit if they still want to return it
>yes but they're not paying for shipping
>well to fucking bad then
>two days pass and the buyer files a not as listed claim
>goddamn it
>post some photos I took of me showing the kit nib as I packed it
>ebay sides with he buyer anyways
>get the kit back half built a month later
>>
>>5725095
You have his address. Tell the SJWs he plays videogames. He's dealt with.
>>
>buy a thing on the bst
>good price, good seller
>get tracking
>literally the cheapest and slowest shipping available
boo
>>
>>5725164
>I expect them to use an expensive service out of their own pocket

This might upset you, bit on a $10 shipped item, beyond what's being lost to fees, Priority is about $6 while First Class is $4. I mean it's already a hassle to sell cheap items like that because there's little money to be made but you want me to clear maybe $3 at the end of it so you can get it 1-2 days sooner?
>>
>>5724631
What did he buy? I mean it can't be that expensive for him to be waiting to pay that long, right?
>>
>>5719937
There's an item I've been following for over 2 years. The price has been $29.99 with no best offer option. Never fucking lowers his price. Retards all over Ebay.
>>
>>5725485

He bought a bunch of videogame stuff for a total of 240$, I went ahead and opened the case. He can't have done it haphazardly as we went back and forth on offers for a bit so I don't know what happened.
>>
>>5716020
> Automated payment overdrafts back up bank account
> Have 24 hours to deposit back into positive balance or face fees
> No biggie
> Bank takes $35 fee
> Don't get emailed about insufficient funds until they charge me the fee

Is this something I can complain about and get fixed? I have the email still and the date the fee was taken was before the email was sent.
>>
>>5725594

*update*

Buyer paid and was upset that I opened a case, saying that I am impatient and he usually takes around a week to get around paying for items.

To me that's just highly unprofessional, as he both ignored the outlines of my auction and never responded to my questions.

Got the money though
>>
>>5725654
>he usually takes around a week to get around paying for items

That's unacceptable for many reasons.

The last time I had buyers not pay right away was when the last eBay Bucks distribution happened, and were about 2 days late in giving them out to people.
>>
>list item
>undercut the current lowest seller w/ shipping
>no biters
>time expiers
>price drop
>no biters
>repeat four times
>still nothing
fucking poorfag ebayers.
>>
>>5725095
What a shitbird.
Dirtbags could've just bought the cheaper one and sent it your way.
>>
>>5725987
I can top that. I have an item listed for $125. Lowest price on eBay by almost $75. Half a dozen poorfags watch but don't buy. Relist. A dozen poorfags watch but don't buy. Relist. Over a dozen poorfags watching with 3 days to go.

Can't relist because PayPig fucked up my bank connection, leaving me in the red as far as eNigger is concerned.
>>
>>5725164

>Not assuming shipping will be the cheapest option available unless stated or requested otherwise.

Its like you don't buy things on the internet or something.
>>
>buy item Wed morning
>come today and still no tracking, have to send inquiry
>seller has "fast shipping" feedback everywhere
>>
>seller only ships 1 day a week but fails to state that upfront
>item advertised MOC/MIB, seller mangles packaging/folds it to fit it in box far too small
>seller charges $15 postage for small item, ships Fedex Smartpost
>>
>>5725095
Why did you offer returns?
>>
>>5727675
You're an idiot who doesn't understand how ebay works. Just because people are listing it for $200 doesn't mean its worth that much. The fact that people aren't buying yours means that its not worth $125 either. Items are worth what people are willing to pay, not what a few ebay sellers *think* they are worth, and thats all there is to it. Just quit being a pussy and do a real auction from $0.01 with no reserve. You'll generate a lot of interest and it will sell for what its worth (which is what the market decides, not you).
>>
>>5727912
>muh advice
>>
File: dgfgd.jpg (21 KB, 273x180) Image search: [Google]
dgfgd.jpg
21 KB, 273x180
>>5714721
>buy item and pay for insurance and tracking.

>Mail man delivers item to wrong house and bitchs at me when I confront him the next day saying hes been doing his job for 40yrs

>Seller calls me a "Fucking liar that just wants to get the item and money back" and wont make an insurance clam for me.

>Walk 20 mins to the Post office and get told only the person who sends the item can file for the insurance money.

>Call ebay and get outsourced to india.

>Some indian guy named "John Smith" says sorry theres nothing we can do about this since the item was delivered.

>Tell them seller cursed me out in the email.
>They say they will look into it but cant tell me what the outcome will be.

End of story I'm out $85 and no figure.
Last fucking time I buy on ebay
>>
>>5727921
Well. he's got a point.
If you aren't selling it by undercutting other seller's prices, and they aren't selling either, then that means people don't want to buy at that price. It's just that simple.
So what are your options?
Keep trying at the price you want and not sell it, or put it up for a regular auction and let things fall where they may.
You might want that $125, but if people won't pay it, then you won't get it.
>>
>>5727956
go to Paypal direct and file SNAD, then send him an envelope with tracking.
>>
I bet 10 bucks you sent a nasty email to the seller when you found out it had been delivered to the wrong address and tried to blame him. You come off as the kind that would do that just from the way you post. I'd tell you to fuck off and not help you either.
>>
>>5727912
And yet 20 people are interested enough to keep watching. It's not my fault that they're poor and/or dragged their feet through 2 reissues.
>>
>>5727965
It was a few years ago back when it was normal to pay sellers with money orders.
>>
>>5727912
There was a time when people with a little bit of money shopped on eBay. Now it's just full of poorfags that think they're too good for the dollar store.
>>
>>5727981
>And yet 20 people are interested enough to keep watching
And yet they don't buy it after 2 re-listings.
The onus is on you now. Not them
>>
File: ultradisappoint.jpg (378 KB, 600x817) Image search: [Google]
ultradisappoint.jpg
378 KB, 600x817
>>5727989
>>5727981
>get caught being a dumbass
>get mad because ego shattered beyond repair
>blame people who won't pay your ridiculous prices instead of taking responsibility
>>
>>5728005
then why do they watch it in the first place if the price is too high?

I'd relist it for $5 higher. If someone contacts you to gripe, as them "well why didn't you buy it when ti was cheaper?"
>>
>>5728029
I do that all the time. I had this up for retail for a long time with no sales so I stopped listing it. Later I saw it was through the roof and relisted expecting a quick sale. Joke's on me I guess. I'll destroy it for a tax write off before I give it away to an entitled babby on some Malaysian crochet board.

Now I just start higher right out of the gate. Poorfags gonna poorfag so why put up with them.
>>
>>5728029
Hehe, I remember one time I had a Classics "Devastator" listed for like $100. This was years after it sold out and the box waa in immaculate condition. Some babby made me an offer of like $20 and then pitched a fit about what a monster I was and how he wasn't paying more than $20 for a children's toy. These types are hilarious, seeking out a long out of print item in the mintiest of mint condition and trying to get you to believe it's just a toy so it should be cheap cheap cheap or you're a vedy vedy bad man.
>>
>>5728058
Man I wish I'd saved his messages. They were Greg-tier all caps hysterics. At the time a loose set ran $40+ but he just couldn't get over not getting a mint sealed copy for half 2007 retail. Probably cried himself to sleep.
>>
>>5728029
>>5728049
>>5728058
>>5728070
Samefag still trying to make himself feel better by blaming others when he's the one in the wrong.
Jesus Christ, kid, are you 5 years old or something?
>>
>>5728088
shut the fuck up, Jin.
>>
>>5728029
They might be watching it to see if it sells. I watch auctions for items I already own so I know how much to expect for it when I sell it.

>>5728049
You fail business 101. If nobody buys your stuff, then you are out of business. Calling them poorfags to make yourself feel better doesn't change the fact that you're not making any money.

How hard is this to understand? Its an auction site. Start an actual auction and let people bid. The end result will be the current market price for that item. If its not a lot of money, then that means your stuff isn't worth a lot of money. If only poorfags want to buy it, then its worth poorfag amounts. End of story.
>>
>selling cheap items

Why bother? Ebay takes a 10% fee of the sale price to start with and postage is going to be about $4 minimum First Class for something small. If you sell something for $10 shipped, $4 of that is postage, $1 is already lost to FVF, AND Paypal takes their cut, so you get maybe $4 in the end. You're better off selling those cheap things to local people, so you don't have to fuck around taking photos, typing the listing, hoping it sells, going to the PO and hoping the buyer doesn't file a bogus claim to get free shit. For all that hassle I won't even bother with a sale unless the item is worth at least $20 anymore.
>>
that salty feel when some fuck outbid you way beyond your means for a very rare discontinued item
>>
>>5714721

> be me, moderately autistic about toy condition, want tight, consistent joint tolerances and good paint apps.

> buy multiples, pick the best parts, sell leftovers on eBay as long as no real issues.

> also an accessory whore, sometimes want extra accessories for my copy of the toy while I have them in hand anyway.

> sell leftover toy at lower starting bid than usual, specifically explaining in the listing that it does not include one of the accessories.

> buyer emails me after auction ends to ask me to include accessory, sends link to information about the figure. Oh fuck, this could be an issue, might have to find alternate buyer.

> dipshit isn't even the auction winner.

> I always love when I have a chance to talk down to someone, recommend they check listings more carefully in the future to avoid misunderstandings and complications.

> item actually sold for as much if not more than other auction for complete figure.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 696x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 696x480
>those sellers with a bunch of decent stuff that don't stagger their auctions and make them all end at the same time
>>
>>5728172
That's exactly why it's impossible to sell cheap items on Amazon. $1 flat fee, $15% commission, and a fee on the too-small shipping voucher. But then you get poorfags who think $20 is a princely sum and come here to shit on math.
>>
>>5728158
Again, you are not understanding that items have watchers. Watching an item you aren't interested in is stupid, as is anybody who does it.
>>
>>5715000

No, it came from Full-Of-Shit Polytechnic Online.

Go, Fightin' Pantloads!
>>
>>5716167
Yep, have had that happen

>Buy figure for wargame
>$50, but is highly limited and that's a good price
>Seller has about ten for sale
>Don't think much of it until I start wondering where figure is
>See refund in Paypal account
>Item relisted, sob story (published on new listing) about "ohhhhh shit I had my friend list this item, and I TODE him to list it for $200 but he didn't!! I know these things will sell!"
>Two months later, listing still there, same price, not a single fucking one has sold.
>Found all the cards and shit for the figure online
>Looks like I got what I needed for free.
>>
>>5719027
Depends. Sniper apps look at the time, collect your login shit, and then make a bid for you within a few seconds of the auction ending.

If your snipe bid is higher than the bad guys' autobid max, you win.

Opponent max bid = $75 and you snipe at $85, you win. His max is $95? Nope, you lose.

I like the Gunbroker system better, but it'll never hit eBay. At Gunbroker, if anyone bids within the last fifteen minutes of an auction, the auction timer is reset to fifteen minutes. So if you snipe the auction with three seconds left, whoever else is watching that auction has another fifteen minutes to try to outbid you.
>>
>>5729845
Nah. You're just butthurt. Maybe people are watching your auctions to see how long they can go without selling because they are overpriced.. for entertainment purposes.

>>5729883
Thats actually a pretty cool system, especially for sellers since it kinda encourages people to spend more than they were originally planning to.
>>
>Decide to get out of some lines I don't need to fund other lines
>One toy I want to sell, going for $200 used, has a little bit of a wobbly ab crunch. If you're rough, it's an issue, if not it's basically fine.
>State this *clearly* in listing, post it for $175 OBO + free shipping
>Snatched up within minutes at 2 AM, ship it by noon next day priority
>Two days later, buyer opens claim, item not as described
>"bro ab crunch is loose you need to state this"
>Call eBay, rep was super sweetheart, actually new the source material
>"Oh you stated that right there, put it in bold too. It'll take 24 hours, but you're in the clear. You don't have to offer a return."
>Two days later...
>"Wow really bro your gonna stick me with this garbage? thanks a lot."
>He lists it for more than what I did
>He gets positive feedback

And this, kids, is why the DBZ fandom is filled with stupid fucks.

>List (rareish) NECA item for a little more than I paid since it's MISB
>Find out it's a little higher than what NECA has it listed for
>Don't care since I bought it a while ago and I can wait
>Autist messages me
>"man, you're crazy at that price. If you want to sell it, you're going to sell it to me right now for $35 shipped."
>Respond politely, sorry blahblahblah it's what I have to sell it for.
>"No way this will sell. You're never gonna move this at all. Once you come to your senses, I'll still be here."
>Next eBay notification is that it sold for what I listed it at to someone else.
>"Hi, I just wanted to let you know the item has sold for what it was listed at. Sorry if you were still interested!"
>No response

Only two issues I've had since I started last summer. Most don't like leaving feedback.
>>
>>5729918
>State this *clearly* in listing, post it for $175 OBO + free shipping

Sure you did buddy.
>>
File: 1462211542111.jpg (55 KB, 522x727) Image search: [Google]
1462211542111.jpg
55 KB, 522x727
>>5729918
>"Hi, I just wanted to let you know the item has sold for what it was listed at. Sorry if you were still interested!"
>>
>>5729918
I used to sell a lot of DBZ stuff on ebay.

There's a reason I stopped selling DBZ stuff on ebay.

Incredible amount of bullshit from those buyers, like if 75% of my sales weren't involving some sort of crap I was doing great.
>>
>>5727904
figured it would lower the chances of me getting screwed over through a not as listed claim
>>
File: 1273035714832.jpg (33 KB, 468x356) Image search: [Google]
1273035714832.jpg
33 KB, 468x356
>Get hess trucks for christmas
>"Keep the box. They will be worth a lot years from now"
>Keep all the hess trucks and their fucking original boxes for years
>Check ebay today
>They all sell around $10-25
I gave most of them to my nephew. None of the "collectable" stuff I have retained its value. The only thing I made money on selling with ebay is some old interstate route sign I found in the trash.
>>
>>5730647
fuck off, shit buyers like you ruin it because you think "I should get my money back if I change my mind" like it were a fucking Walmart.
>>
>>5729897
>Nah. You're just butthurt. Maybe people are watching your auctions to see how long they can go without selling because they are overpriced.. for entertainment purposes.

still pushing your bullshit. You're worse than the fag form the last eBay thread who cried because some people keep their toys on the cards.
>>
>order item from eBay
>seller seems trustworthy, only positive reviews
>pay money
>wait for delivery
>delivery doesn't happen
>wait more
>maximum estimated delivery time expires
>go check up on the eBay page
>"This user is no longer registered on eBay."
I guess I just got scammed? First time this happened to me. Oh well, I guess it had to happen sooner or later.

Time to send in a refund request...
>>
>>5733439
>"This user is no longer registered on eBay."

Calling bullshit on that one. You have to finish all of your pending transactions before you can shut down your ebay account and then wait 30 days with no activity such as buying or selling.
>>
Not ebay, but selling stuff in general

>Ship worldwide
>Wind up banning Israel due to someone in Israel trying to rip me off
>Ban Italy for the same reasons
>Ban Argentina
>Ban Brazil
>Ban everything else south of texas
>Get called a racist every week

I was losing more money than I made from them, but it's funny getting called a racist all the time now.
>>
File: Untitled.png (14 KB, 440x258) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
14 KB, 440x258
>>5733546
Calling bullshit on you calling bullshit.
>>
>>5733558
>one person from a country rips you off
>ban the entire country

If you're not a racist, you're still an idiot.
>>
>>5733590
The guy from israel was trying to recast stuff I sold him, then tried to order stuff again with a different email address, so no, fuck it I don't need israel.

As for south and central america, since you didn't read the whole post, I was losing more money from them than I was making because of fraud.
Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.