[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hot wheels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: 1454315300347.png (703 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
1454315300347.png
703 KB, 1024x600
What happened with the hot wheels fags?
>>
They're too busy being the actual most cancerous fanbase of any toyline to post here.

Anyone who has worked anywhere that sells hot wheels can back me up.
>>
>>5702274
>being the actual most cancerous fanbase of any toyline to post here
>not being MLP fanbase
>>
File: test.jpg (70 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
70 KB, 600x450
Think most hotwheels collectors would be huddled into a forum where they can talk with militaristic mods watching over them.

Anyway nothing special here, started as a treasure hunt collector but now I grab whatever looks cool, most come out of their boxes apart from stuff like pic related and my 2 super treasure hunts, didn't think supers came on short cards and yet there they were.

>>5702274
I work in a super market and no one bothers because of our prices.

Which is why my staff discount helps, that and I give myself first pick, when I buy from my own over priced store even with the discount its only worth it for the treasure hunts, end up buying the bulk from rival chains because of their prices beat my staff discount

I know TRU's are smashed by them, that hotwheels day here opened my eyes
>>
File: Fastfish_FTE_silverOH5.jpg (252 KB, 982x496) Image search: [Google]
Fastfish_FTE_silverOH5.jpg
252 KB, 982x496
Collecting Hot Wheels is a dangerous road to go down. I have impulsively picked up a few that looked really cool at that moment, but I almost always end up giving all the ones I've picked up during the year away to Toys For Totes during Christmas time (except certain vehicles like Batmobiles & DeLoreans).

Unfortunately, I have found a model I want to collect ALL the versions of: Fast Fish. It's a relatively newer model (started in 2008), so it has very few variants (compared to most other HW models) & SHOULD be easy to obtain all of.

Except the Connect Cars - Washington version; I'll probably never get that one.
>>
>>5704116
>Except the Connect Cars - Washington version; I'll probably never get that one.
Pssh! It's only $20 on Amazon

I would bend the hell out of these cards if I knew what in the world a treasure hunt was.
>>
File: hw2.jpg (79 KB, 960x719) Image search: [Google]
hw2.jpg
79 KB, 960x719
Here's my most recent pickups. Lucked out and found the Ghost Rider at Kroger, ever other store I went to had the full line except for him.

Also lucked out that they didn't stick a huge price sticker on the card like they seem to be fond of doing at my local store.
>>
>>5704127
Yeah, but... I feel kinda dumb paying so much for something that was probably originally $1.99 at MOST. But, I wouldn't be on this board if I wasn't kinda dumb to begin with, eh??? Hahaha
>>
Matchbox and Tomica are superior.

Too bad there's only HotWheels where I live.

After some time collecting I can say with certainty it's a waste of money and time.

Hot Wheels are all pretty shit in general.
>>
File: DSC_1620.jpg (2 MB, 3227x3540) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1620.jpg
2 MB, 3227x3540
The hot wheels part of my Mopar diecast collection
>>
File: DSC_1619 -1.jpg (3 MB, 4948x3280) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1619 -1.jpg
3 MB, 4948x3280
more mopar diecast
>>
>>5704143
I just picked up the single carded Ecto-1. Haven't seen the double pack anywhere at all. What store did you find it at?
>>
>>5704612
>matchbox
OLD matchbox, because mattel own both some cares share molds.

That porche hotwheels set had a model I had from an old matchbox line, and when you got shit like the zamboni being all in plastic matchbox is dead and in its place is hotwheels driving its skin.

>tomica
Can't argue with the sculpt and paint apps, CAN argue with the price, $20 for one twin turbo supra from their vintage neo line is a tad much, still bought one

If you can import tomica and stay within a budget do that, really with hotwheels aim for the premium lines like >>5704143, rubber tires are the best you'll get
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.