[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that toy you had no idea what it was yet you played a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: not my picture.jpg (52 KB, 486x600) Image search: [Google]
not my picture.jpg
52 KB, 486x600
>that toy you had no idea what it was yet you played a lot with when you were a kid
I used to have an armless Might Gaine KO I treated as a time-controlling villain since he looked kinda like a clocktower in robot mode. I lost it nearly at the climax of his arc, though, so I just went "lol time void" on it.

What was yours?
>>
Mine was my penis. I had no idea what was I rubbing it, but it seems to pleasure me a lot. And when I was 11... I realize I've been masturbating for 8 years.
>>
I had some old Shogun Warriors toys, including a 2-foot-tall Great "Mazinga" (Mazinger) and 3.5in "Dragun" (Getter Dragon), Gaiking, and Grendizer, that I played with extensively as a kid. I called the little ones Starman, Bull-Man, and Black Pearl, and pretended they combined, "Mighty Orbots" style, into Mazinga to fight monsters I made out of Fiddlestix (another old building toy line that made poseable monsters and vehicles).

I also had, in lieu of actual Transformers toys, Go-Bots and bootleg mechas from the local swap meet, with my Autobots led by a bootleg Xabungle Blue Gale I named "Ironcar" and the Decpticons led by Tentacus, and Insector from the "Convertors" line.
>>
File: test.jpg (6 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
6 KB, 300x225
Used to love transformers but there was this biplane I had that I never seen in the show, as the little shit I was I treated the show as lore, turned out to be a go-bot, he was "water walk", he was stranger than my other transformers and I somehow knew he wasn't an actual transformer just something that was able to convert.

Funny thing is the toy wasn't mine, in kindergarten some kid let me play with it, eventually he wanted it back after 20mins or something, I turned on the waterworks, and poof, it was mine, still have him, bit chipped, lost a wing flap he he transforms just fine.

I wish I could give it back, I even tried to return books I stole from said kindergarten, but when I tried to return after 7 years (school had some joint event with them) they let me keep it, obviously lost track of the kid I stole the gobot from.
>>
>>5690753
Water Walk actually did show up in one episode of the Gobots cartoon. Had quite a bit of screentime in that episode, too.
>>
File: KO.jpg (105 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
KO.jpg
105 KB, 500x500
>>5690594
>I named "Ironcar"
Pretty original name, sempai.

My Dad must have gone to the same swap meet because I had both these guys and a chibi Macross Valkyrie among my fake go-bots.
>>
>>5690760
Yeah, that's the one, only mine had stickers that said "Astroider" on the wings and leg flaps instead of red stripes, so I gave THAT name to the red guy on the right, the bootleg Xabungle Iron Gear (in case you wondered where the bootleggers got the name "Ironcar" from) and had him be the former Decepticon commander that Tentacus overthrew and who ended up being reformatted by the Matrix of Leadership into Ironcar.

...so, yeah, the guy Astroider was turned into had his former name written all over him.
>>
File: G1Landmine_toy.jpg (24 KB, 438x241) Image search: [Google]
G1Landmine_toy.jpg
24 KB, 438x241
Pic related was one of my favorite toys. Got it from grandma, she bought it on one of her trips. Growing up I had a few transformers toys, and I was a big fan, but for some reason I failed to realize this was a transformer too. The box got thrown out quickly and I didn't even know his name. My uncle then said it must be the Terminator, since you put a skinny robot skeleton into a human body, so from that on he was my Terminator. It was much later when I read the Marvel Transformers comic and actually realized he was a prentender.
>>
>>5690594
I had a shitload of KO braves when I was living in Asia.
>>
File: robotmode.jpg (60 KB, 466x606) Image search: [Google]
robotmode.jpg
60 KB, 466x606
>>5690594
I have a similar story with this guy, G2 Dreadwing. Don't know when or how but kid me got a broken one missing legs, weapons and the combining Starscream. I pretended he floated around in robot mode. Always thought it was just some bootleg, but turns out it was the real thing
>>
>>5690594
I remember I got a knockoff Vehicle Voltron (I think it was in an easter basket?) and it was a lot of fun for the 3 seconds I had it in robot mode. Then I lost all the parts and only had like his hands and one or two of the cars from then on.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.