[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leaf Ninja Quest #83
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: Konohagakure.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Konohagakure.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>This is a quest taking place in an alternate version of the Naruto world during the same time period as the story, with a few notable differences. You will be playing as Kon Karagowa, a young Leaf Jonin. Your character is defined by your choices, so write-ins are always encouraged. And remember to have fun!

>Quest Info:http://pastebin.com/ng7eKbdZ

>Previous threads:http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Leaf%20Ninja%20Quest

>Gaidens: http://pastebin.com/dyank8nq
>>
Alright, just fair warning to everybody, I know you've been waiting a long time, but most of this thread will not be very interactive. I apologize in advance for this.
>>
It's time
>>
You stand within the mindspace of Naruto's subconscious, surrounded by the nine Tailed Beasts.

"Just for the record, we aren't being held here or anything of the sort." the Four Tails, a giant red monkey, tells you. "Kurama, with all his pride, bowed his head and asked us to stay put until everything was resolved. Well, there was no way we could say no after that. My apologies, I should have introduced myself first. I am Son Goku. You may have heard of me from Roshi."

"Hey, wait a darn minute..." you hear from Shukaku. "You're that kid that blew my leg off that time! The hell are you doing here?"

"Relax Shukaku, he's cool." Gyuuki stops him. "He probably just wants to see what makes this kid tick. I don't doubt we'll be free to go after that. Besides, I want to see too."

"Ah... I know you, too." Isobu speaks up. "I'm not really still sore about fighting, like Shukaku. How is Taiyaki? Did my chakra keep him alive?"

You nod.

"That's good." Isobu sighs. "That boy is far too young to be dying. Not because of me, who has lived a thousand years. I couldn't call that fair."

"Shut it, Isobu." Shukaku complains. "This is why you got taken over so easy, you just let everything slide."

"Both of you, cut it out." Gyuuki interrupts. "Kon's not here to listen to us argue. Naruto used the Sage's Ninshu so they could understand each other. So let's let him get to it."

>A.Say something to one of the beasts (Write-in)

>B.Tell Kurama that you're ready to go

>C.Other
>>
>>47374387
That's fine, it's nice just to be back. And hey, I can just pretend that any commentary we make is something that Kon and the other Tailed Beasts are saying to each other off to the side while Kurama narrates. Actually, that sounds funny, I'm definitely going to pretend that.
>>
>>47374356
My body is ready.
>>
>>47374453
>A. "Hey, ah, Shukaku, no hard feelings about the 'Racoon' comments, right?"
>>
>>47374453
>A.Say something to one of the beasts (Write-in)
Ask Kurama if he's apologized to his brothers and sisters yet. His actions very nearly lead to them all having their identities permanently subsumed into a terrifying demon-god. I know he's going to explain his motivations, but that's not the same thing as apologizing.
>>
>>47374453
>A. Tell Son Goku the monkeys kept his shit safe. Didn't fuck with it at all.
>>
>>47374495
>>47374519
>>47374606

You have a couple of points you want to touch on with some of the tailed beasts before you start delving into any memories.

"Son Goku, you lived in the cave at Kakazan, right?" you ask. "The monkeys said it was just as you left it."

"Really?" Son Goku seems pleased. "I can't wait to head home. It's been so long. Thanks for the heads up."

"Hey, Shukaku." you turn to the One Tailed Beast. "No hard feeling about any of those comments I made before, right?"

"Hmph." Shukaku snorts. "At this point it doesn't really matter, does it? But fine. Water under the bridge. I'll forget it, since I'll finally get to relax after this."

Lastly, you turn to Kurama.

"Hey Kurama, before we do this, did you apologize to your siblings yet?" you ask. "You almost got them all absorbed permanently."

"Fine." the fox sighs. "I'm sorry. I knew it would work out though, even if there was something a bit unexpected. Anyway, enough lollygagging, let's get to business."

The rest of the beasts watch on, as Kurama pulls up a bunch of Naruto's memories to show you.

"It's a bit of a long story, so let's just start at the beginning, alright?" Kurama says, as the start of Naruto's memories begin to come into your view.

You start to see everything that Naruto has seen, hear everything that he has heard, feel everything that he has felt. Even Naruto's emotions are part of it, you feel sad when he does, you feel what Naruto thinks of in response to something. Exactly as Naruto has experienced things. It's as if you are Naruto. This is Ninshu.

>Continued
>>
File: Kid Naruto Sad.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Kid Naruto Sad.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>47374887

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ug070QK674&index=7&list=PL3AC39BCAE0A97F85

The first few years of Naruto's life that he remembers go by. Living alone in an apartment from as early as he can remember. He is left money that he can use to go out and buy food, but it's mostly used on cup ramen. Over these years, only a single person other than Naruto ever enters this lonely little apartment.

Occasionally Sarutobi Sensei will come by to chat with Naruto when he drops off his allowance. You can tell that Naruto is very fond of the old man, and he's just about the only person so far that Naruto's had any real positive reaction to. Where the other adults are dismissive or even outright malicious, the Third Hokage always greets Naruto with a warm smile. However, even he was not always looked up to by Naruto.

You see several occasions where Naruto asks about his parents, or why he has to live the way he does, or why he's treated like he is. Yet every time, the Hokage sternly refuses to answer. You feel Naruto's faith in him dwindle over time.

Among his peers, all of them also seem to hold disdain for Naruto. You don't remember ever interacting with him yourself, but you see several kids you recognize bullying him for one reason or another. Naruto starts saying that he'll become Hokage and show them all, but you can feel the despair he actually suffers. He doesn't know why he's treated the way he is, or if anything he can do will even stop it. He starts pulling pranks in addition to talking big, just to get noticed. It's the only thing that keeps him from getting lonely.

You see a brief scene where Naruto tries to fight off some bullies to save a young Hinata. It doesn't seem to have registered too much to Naruto, but you get the feeling that it was probably really important to Hinata.

>Continued
>>
File: Obito.png (90 KB, 300x234) Image search: [Google]
Obito.png
90 KB, 300x234
>>47374949

Eventually, you reach a certain day. You know the type. Where it seems the whole world has it out for you. Naruto's questions are shot down particularly hard by the Third, and his pranks get him into even more trouble than usual. Naruto slinks away into the woods, only to run into some more kids that rough him up. You hear Kurama chime in.

"Heh. I still can't believe Naruto never snapped at any of these people." he chuckles. "If I had gotten any control over him during this time, I would have made them all regret it. Well, Naruto and I hadn't interacted yet. He didn't even know I existed. Not until this day. When everything changed for Naruto, and for me."

As the other kids fade from view, Naruto gets up to his knees and wipes his face.

"When I'm Hokage..." he grumbles. "Then you'll all be sorry you ever talked bad about me... You'll all respect me then..."

"When you're Hokage, huh?" you hear a voice that's familiar to you, but not to Naruto. "I don't think the position is all you might believe it to be."

Naruto looks to the side to see a man with an orange mask wearing a black cloak with red clouds come into view, seemingly warping into place.

"Who are you supposed to be?" Naruto asks, stepping back a bit in surprise, but clearly annoyed. "What do you want?"

"Hello, Naruto." the masked man greets. "I am like you. I too dreamed of becoming the Hokage, once. But I'm here to give you a much greater purpose than that."

"Yeah, whatever." Naruto scoffs, just getting angrier with every word the man says. "You probably just couldn't cut it. I'm not gonna give up like you!"

>Continued
>>
>>47374949
And yet he still went out of his way to recruit her. I wonder what got his attention in this timeline, given that he had even less interaction with her than in canon. Do you think Obito was playing matchmaker? Like, he was spying on Konoha as he always does and saw "hey, that girl seems to have a weird thing for the kid I'm brainwashing. Might as well hook them up, give him at least one nice thing".
>>
>>47374991

"Why do you want to be the Hokage, Naruto? So that everyone will look up to you? Will that make up for all the years of torment you suffered?" Obito asks. Naruto's anger suddenly drops as he starts thinking more deeply. "These people all hold you in contempt for reasons beyond your control. For your whole life, you've had to live without parents or anyone else to support you. You've had to life on your own. What good will recognition from these people be, who would do nothing to reach out to you? Even if you became Hokage, they would be worthless. They would merely act as though they had done nothing wrong, and continue to treat the next child in your situation just as badly until he made something of himself... or died. I've seen it all before."

"W-what do you mean?" Naruto stutters. you can feel him getting anxious thinking about Obito's words. "I'll just become Hokage, then I'll be the greatest ninja ever! Then no one will ever get treated like I am again, I can make sure of it!"

"As a child, it's easy to believe that, Naruto." the masked man responds. "But this world cannot be fixed so easily. It is broken nearly beyond repair, and the Hokage is just another part of that system. Just look at your Hokage. He does nothing to make the people of the village treat you better. And it's because he considers their loyalty more important than your feelings. Because he doesn't want to risk pushing them out of line by punishing them for their treatment of you, you are forced to deal with the consequences. It's easier for him to leave things at the status quo and let you suffer. If you just went along with it, and eventually succeeded in becoming Hokage, wouldn't that just justify your treatment?"

>Continued
>>
>>47375053
Shame there was no one else around at the time to offer the opposite point. That of "If you betray Konoha and turn missing-nin, wouldn't that justify their treatment of you?". I mean, my opinion of the kid has improved in recent threads, but the fact remains that he basically proved everyone who hated him right by becoming the monster they feared.
>>
>>47375053

"There lies the problem, you see. The new generation always grows up with ideals in their heads. But they are crushed by cruel reality every time. Those that wish to help everyone, that aren't willing to sacrifice others. They either die, or are forced to change. The only ones that remain are those that are willing to let others suffer to maintain things the way they are. Every Hokage has been like this. Even if they did care about the well being of every villager in the Leaf, what happens to anyone else is of no consequence to them. This system of villages hasn't stopped people from killing each other, it's just made it more efficient. And it can't be changed by any Hokage. Their job is to kill, like all ninja. No matter how they dress it up, this is just a world of killing and dying, and the Hokage is just another piece in that broken system. If you stay here and become a ninja, become Hokage... you will end up just like all the others. All too willing to let others suffer. And the cycle would continue."

"S-so what am I supposed to do, huh?" Naruto asks, his fists shaking. He had never really thought about what being Hokage meant before, just that he wanted recognition. He's not willing to accept all this man has said as what being Hokage would mean. "You think I should just do nothing? Yeah, right! You're just trying to put me down like everyone else!"

"I'm not, Naruto. I'm here because you are special. Rather than being Hokage and perpetuating this cycle, you alone can help me save everyone in the entire world." the masked man reaches his hand out to Naruto. "You can do what no one else can. If you come with me, I can show you how to become the greatest hero this world has ever known. We can create a world where no child ever suffers like we have again, where people are never left wanting for others who care about them. Where everyone can have everything their heart desires."

>Continued
>>
>>47375053
I want to be surprised that Obito's lying about how people are, but I'm not.
>>
Oh god.

Naruto's going to see the Road to Ninja memories.

Oh man, that's REALLY gonna fuck with his head.
>>
>>47375101
The thing is, he doesn't think he's lying. Obito's crazy, remember? We see in others what we recognize from ourselves, and at this point Obito is a very broken person. It's easier for him to assume that everyone is as fucked up as he is and just hiding it better than to acknowledge that what's happened to him is a horrible outlier.
>>
File: Caged Kurama.jpg (28 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Caged Kurama.jpg
28 KB, 640x360
>>47375098

It has to be done in secret, since the people in power now would not accept such a drastic change, they want to lord over others. So most people will never recognize your contribution. But I will. As will the rest of our comrades. I promise, you will never be lonely again. You just have to come with me."

Naruto perks up at being told he is the only one who can do something, and at the promise of never being lonely again, he starts to reach out his hand.

"Y-you promise, right?" Naruto asks, as his hand grasps that of Obito. "I guess I don't need a lot of friends... just a few I can trust... Will I be able to trust these guys?"

"They are all ninja that are fed up with this world, with their own wants and desires." the masked man answers. "I think by learning about them, you can come to understand the true nature of this world. All you have to do is ask."

Naruto and Obito start to disappear in a distorted swirl, as Kurama talks again.

"Now, I was watching all of this, of course." he begins. "For years, I had merely watched. But this development drove me to rage, harder than anything ever before. This was the man that had taken control of me six years earlier, I knew it. And Naruto was just doing as he said. Though Naruto did not even know of my existence, I decided that he needed to know just how furious I was. I raged against my seal with every bit of energy I could muster. I knew it wouldn't break it, but I didn't care. I just wanted to cause Naruto pain. I wanted to make my presence known."

As Naruto and Obito reappear in a cave somewhere, Naruto feels a searing pain in his stomach, as do you. It's enough to be completely debilitating, and Naruto clenches his stomach and falls over. You hear Obito's voice, but can't make out what he's saying as Naruto fades out of consciousness. When he opens his eyes again, he's laying before a giant sealed cage, the Nine Tailed Fox within, looking the angriest you've ever seen any creature.

>Continued
>>
I think Obito's issue is by now his brain is so scrabbled he honestly believes this is true, like utterly believes it and black zetsu is still fucking with him remember we found out he'd been mind buggered pretty bad. We are just seeing the end result of all that mind jumbling, though it's clear Obito does want to save the world which is good, his brain is full of fuck so he thinks this is the best way
>>
>>47375198

"Naruto Uzumaki, you little fool! If I could escape from this damn seal, I'd tear you limb from limb!" Kurama snarls. "I've been sealed inside you from the day you were born, and I never imagined you'd do something like this!"

Where you'd imagine most people would recoil in fear, Naruto merely looks up to meet the Nine Tail's gaze. Up until this point, you haven't once felt the weight of loneliness leave Naruto's mind. But at Kurama's words, something changes in Naruto. Before the fox can say any more, Naruto speaks.

"Y-you've been with me? All the time? So I've... never been alone?" Naruto stammers out his sentence, ignoring the still present pain in his stomach. "What's your name?"

The Nine Tails immediately stops snarling. The shock has halted any of his rage at once. It's almost as if he can't process what he's been asked. "Kurama." he says simply. The tailed beast remains dumbfounded.

"Kurama. Well, you already know who I am." Naruto forces a smile through his pain. "Sorry for leaving you alone in here all this time. I hope we can be friends from now on."

"Friends?" Kurama's rage returns instantly. "You are nothing more than a cage, holding me back! Out of fear, I've been sealed! And once I get out of here, I will show you humans that you had good reason to fear me! I shall have retribution!"

"Sorry." Naruto repeats himself. "I guess you didn't ask to get stuck with me. But I won't ignore you any more. You seem like you know all about me, but I don't know anything about you. I want to fix that. Then I think we can become friends."

"Again with the friends nonsense. Get out of my sight!" Kurama roars. "I could never be friends with a human!"

Naruto fades back into consciousness, and both the cage and the fox begin to disappear.

"I'll come back tomorrow, Kurama!" Naruto smiles again as he loses sight of the tailed beast. "And if that's not enough, I'll come back every day after that! Until you can finally call me your friend."

>Continued
>>
>>47375279

Naruto disappears from his mindscape and reawakens to find Obito, sans mask. Obito goes on to explain everything about the Nine Tailed Fox, while Kurama talks to you once again.

"Never once had I been asked for my name. I shrugged it off. He was just a stupid kid, after all." the fox grumbles. "I had only been treated like a tool to be used or a danger that had to be locked away. One naive kid wasn't going to change my mind. But he wasn't lying. He returned the very next day. And every day after that."

You see Naruto's days continue, training under Obito, taking time every day to enter his subconscious and speak with Kurama.

"Whether it was only for a few minutes, or hours, every day he would come." Kurama explains as you watch. "If I hurled insults at him, he'd take it in stride. If I refused to speak, he would just talk to me about whatever came to his mind. Eventually, I would humor him sometimes and answer a question or two. Then, he would talk about that for hours on end. He really was annoying, that boy."

You see a few memories float in front of you. They seem to be of all the other Akatsuki members.

"Naruto's time in the Akatuski shaped his ideals, somewhat." the fox tells you. "Every single member, he tried to get in their head. Never having any connections back in the Leaf, he wanted to know what these guys believed in. He wanted to know that he was saving them, too."

Four memories float in front of you.

>A.Say something first (Write-in)

>B.View Nagato and Konan

>C.View Kisame and Deidara

>D.View Kakuzu and Hidan

>E.View Sasori

>F.Other
>>
>>47375188
Just seeing Kon's memories at all is going to fuck with his head. We've been playing Kon as a guy who's totally fine with improvements going slowly so long as they happen at all. That's going to contrast pretty hard with Naruto's love of revolutionary changes. The fact that we've been more or less succeeding at that is going to confuse the hell out of him, though I imagine he'll be happy to see it even if he doesn't understand how it's possible.
>>
B.View Nagato and Konan
>>
>>47375325
>>B.View Nagato and Konan
>>
>>47375325
>D.View Kakuzu and Hidan
I think him rationalizing his desire to save everyone with the guy who will do any atrocity in the name of making money (and steals other peoples' organs) and the guy whose religion compels him to murder everyone he meets in as horrible a fashion as possible. I think that was probably the big turning point when he decided "If I want everyone to be happy, I can't do it in the real world".

Also, just realized: Hidan and Kakuzu are the worst possible pairing, tactically speaking. Leaving aside their hatred for each other, Kakuzu needs fresh hearts after a hard fight and Hidan's favorite move is to destroy his opponent's heart. Pairing them is self-sabotaging.
>>
>>47375325
>A. "...he really believed it, too. That the world wasn't always changing. How...sad."
>>
>>47375325
>>A.Say something first
Hey Chromi Fu misses you too by the way, you wanna come back to her when theis is all over? (this not be alone thing made me think of she)

>B.View Nagato and Konan
Lets do this in order

[Also guys we should totally try to get Shino to somehow deliver Chromi to Fu, think of the points it'll get him!]
>>
>>47375471
Chomei, not Chromi. And yeah, we should do that. But later, it breaks the flow of the conversation to bring it up now, we don't want to be rude to the giant demon-fox.
>>
>>47375325
>>B.View Nagato and Konan
Let's move on.
>>
Back

Sorry about the delay guys, something came up
>>
>>47375537
..that's true...lets not fuck with the fox in a mental space... remember to bring it up at the end. For now Story time
>>
>>47375589
Is it errands? Nah, I'm just kidding. Take as much time as you need.
>>
File: Nagato and Konan.png (696 KB, 1916x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nagato and Konan.png
696 KB, 1916x1080
>>47375369
>>47375384
>>47375471
>>47375552

You reach out to the memory with Nagato and Konan.

As the scene fades in, you see Naruto entering a cave from the heavily raining outside. Nagato and Konan are within.

"Hey, I checked out that place just like you asked!" Naruto smiles. "And nobody even knew! Heh, transformation jutsu is my specialty! I've trained so hard, you need magic eyes like you to pick me out!"

"Excellent work, Naruto." Nagato replies. Naruto explains the exact layout of a building he went to see, as well as who is there. "Yes, no doubt that is the right place, given what we know of Hanzo. All the others are red herrings. Thanks to you, I didn't have to risk revealing any of my Paths. I'm grateful, Naruto."

"Hehe, it was nothing." Naruto rubs the back of his head. "Just doing my part to make a better world!"

The usually stoic Konan smiles a bit. "He really is a lot like Yahiko, isn't he?"

"That's what I'm afraid of." Nagato responds. "When push comes to shove Naruto, you will have to make some tough decisions. You can't let sentimentality stop you. Our goal is to reach a final solution in creating a better world. If we give the world the opportunity to revert, it will do so. And all our effort will be for naught. I need to know you can see this matter through to the end. No matter what."

"Well, I don't want anyone to die." Naruto mutters. "I want everybody to be able to live in the new world. I know you want to kill Hanzo, and a bunch of other guys... Do you really have to? Is taking people from this world really going to make it a better place? I can't just believe that."

Konan looks sadly at Nagato, who merely lowers his head.

"In this world, there are people that will do whatever they like to others." he begins. "They don't care about anyone but themselves. In order for people to not do that, they need to empathize. Or be made to. Once they know the pain of others, they will cease to cause that pain."

>Continued
>>
>>47375732

Naruto still looks uneasy.

"Yahiko was like you, he wished to create a peaceful world without fighting." Nagato explains. "But he was taken advantage of. By all means Naruto, try to create the world you desire without killing. But do not let an unwillingness to kill stop you. You need to be willing to do whatever it takes to reach your goal. You're not fighting for yourself. You're fighting for the whole world."

"It's for the best, Naruto." Konan adds. "We don't want to see the same thing happen to you. We want to see you succeed, and create a new world. Where tragedies don't happen anymore."

"I understand." Naruto mutters once more. He doesn't like what he's been told, but he can't find the words to argue. He leaves the cave and heads back out into the rain.

As the memory fades out, you're left with three more in front of you.

>A.Say something (Write-in)

>B.View Kisame and Deidara

>C.View Kakuzu and Hidan

>D.View Sasori

>E.Other
>>
>>47375792
>>C.View Kakuzu and Hidan
>>
>>B.View Kisame and Deidara
>>
>>47375792
"Well, it's not the best solution I've ever heard proposed, but it's better than the Moon Eye Plan. When did Naruto find out the truth about that?"
>>
>>47375792
>C.View Kakuzu and Hidan
>>
>>47375792
>A.Say something (They meant well, but in the end they were fooled just like they thought you would be. They closed their eyes to truth, to what they wanted to believe. That being a bully, and inflicting pain on someone with a big stick would end war. It'd have only made it worse, when they passed or someone who was lucky took them down. Hatred cannot bring peace, only more war."
>>
>>47375792
>A. "He was just like Yahiko. Someone took advantage of his inherent goodness to satisfy their own hubris."
>>
>>47375792
>C.View Kakuzu and Hidan

>E.
Such a shame, they started out on the right path but were led astray and brought others with them, but they truly thought this was the best way, I don't approve but I can't condone them either. If only they'd taken their friends loss a slightly different way.
>>
File: Kakuzu and Hidan.jpg (139 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
Kakuzu and Hidan.jpg
139 KB, 848x480
>>47375833
>>47375885
>>47375894
>>47375917
>>47375937

You take a moment to comment.

"They meant well, but they were fooled and led astray." you say. "They really thought that was the best way, but it would only have made things worse. And Naruto ended up taken advantage of regardless. If only they had taken the loss of their friend a different way."

"Being taken advantage of was just about all Naruto was good for most of the time." Kurama snorts. "But it was what he decided for himself that was important."

You reach out to the next memory.

You fade in and see Naruto approaching two men, Kakuzu and Hidan.

"Stuck with babysitting again." Kakuzu sighs. "At least the pay is good. Naruto, this is our newest member. With him, we're up to ten."

"Hey kid, the name's Hidan." the man with slicked back hair sticks his hand out, which Naruto shakes. "You look like a fun guy. This may not be so bad."

The three of them make their way through the forest, Kakuzu leading as Naruto and Hidan stay back and joke around. At one point, Hidan sets a ryo up on the ground near Kakuzu, then pulls it back on a string as he reaches to grab it. Kakuzu barely restrains himself from taking his anger out on Hidan as he and Naruto bust a gut, focusing on the mission. He also doesn't seem to want to make a scene while Naruto is here.

"You two need to cut it out." Kakuzu says, as they stop. "The lord's son should be down this way, but he probably has a ton of guards. I'd rather not fight them all at once, it'd be far too much trouble."

"So we just need to capture this lord's son, right?" Naruto asks. "I can cause a distraction. Lure some of the guards away while you grab him."

"Sounds like a plan, little man." Hidan smiles as he ruffles Naruto's hair. "Gotta say, it's kind of nice having you around. Lightens things up."

"I'll stay here to make sure he doesn't break for it." Kakuzu says. "Naruto, you cause your distraction, then Hidan can go in."

>Continued
>>
>>47376266

Naruto heads off, using his Transformation Jutsu to lure some of the guards away from their charge. He even gets them caught in a trap they set up themselves. Naruto returns to Kakuzu smiling.

"Heh, that was fun." he laughs. "How's it going, Kakuzu?"

"You need to stop trying to get so chummy with everyone, Naruto." Kakuzu grumbles. "If you keep holding your hand out like that, you're only going to get burned."

"You know Kakuzu, I've been wondering why you're so unfriendly." Naruto says. "Also about why you like money so much, too."

"Money, unlike people, will never betray you." Kakuzu begins. "It has inherent value that can't be rescinded so easily. You can't buy something with your word, but an exchange of money can get you anything if you have enough. As for my unfriendliness, let's just say that when I warn you about getting burned, I speak from experience. I gave everything I had for my village, and I was proud to do so. And after a single failure, at something no man could be reasonably expected to achieve, they stripped me of everything. All my effort meant nothing. So I left. Villages don't care about their ninja so much as their reputation. They would throw aside even their best shinobi to save face. Here in Akatsuki, my position is guaranteed by my strength, and I am compensated handsomely. I don't like my colleagues, but I respect them. They got here on their own power. You Naruto, I am still not so sure of. But working with us as a jinchuuriki certainly implies a kind of strength, at least of will. Take my advice, Naruto. If you depend on others, you will only be betrayed. The only one you can rely on is yourself."

Naruto is about to try a rebut, but he hears screaming. He immediately heads forward to find Hidan, his skin black, impaling and dismembering everyone in sight.

"Hidan, what are you doing?" Naruto asks, incredibly distressed. "We didn't need to kill these guys, we just needed to take the lord's son!"

>Continued
>>
>>47376292

"For the glory of Lord Jashin!" Hidan screams, as he kills the last member of the group. "Ohhhh... the pain is so good..."

"Hidan is a total nutjob." Kakuzu adds. "Legitimately crazy. But I don't really care, as long as I get paid."

As Kakuzu grabs the target, Hidan's skin returns to normal. Naruto approaches him as he admires his own work.

"Why would you do this, Hidan?" Naruto asks, looking away from the bodies. "Especially this way... Why would you want to cause all this suffering?"

"Well, I say it's for Lord Jashin, but it's also for me too." Hidan smiles as he turns back to Naruto and ruffles his hair again. "I love killing! The absolute despair as the life leaves their eyes! Nothing is better! And as long as there are people to kill, I can keep enjoying myself! I'm sure you'll find something you enjoy one day too, kid."

Naruto looks up into Hidan's eyes. Not a hint of malice. This is something he does, as natural as eating or breathing. What kind of world can people like this live in? Naruto knows there is only one answer.

The memory fades, and you're left with two.

>C.View Sasori

>D.Other
>>
>>47376292
Hey, this reminds me: Is Hidan's severed head still screaming. or did he calm down eventually? It's not like he's really in any pain, so I can see him eventually getting bored with it.
>>
>>47376343
Well, that's one way to distort a kid's thinking.
>>
>>47376343
>>
>>47376362
He's calmed down. However, he's also been sealed in a scroll and locked up, so he has plenty to be bored about.
>>
>>47376343
>>A.Say something (Write-in)
Kakuzu had no faith in men, he had no faith in anyone but himself. He cut himself off from everyone, and was cut off in turn. Same with Hidan, except he pursued his faith, likely warped it to suit his tastes, and did not care about anyone else.

>>
>>47376343

Those are two people I would not have babysit my kids.

It was a good job by Obito to reinforce the points he wanted to impress on Naruto about how worthless the current ninja world was.
>>
>>47376343
Man it's weird here's Hidan talk...fondly of someone...i'm not complaining, im glad to see Hidan and Kakuzu in a different light but fuck Hidan? Screw with the kids psyche some more will ya?

Also gained a lil respect for Naru here, I mean I know he's just a kid but Kakuzu is right Hidan is genuinely insane, he genuinely loves this, I think this is the start of the Dream World conclusion, its the only way everyone can be happy.
>>
>>47376343
>>
>>47376343
>D.Other
"Damn, Hidan really deserved getting reduced into a screaming head."
>>
>>47376343
>A. "We were enemies, but I did like Kakuzu. He was strong. He believed in...something. I don't know what. But he believed in it. A strange sort of honor, that."
>>
>>47376343

>D
Kakuzu was a man broken by time and betrayal, but this is also the most i've learnt about him...he must have been referencing the first Hokage then..being sent to fight the God of Shinobi and getting shunned for failure, no one deserves that and the treatment made the monster I fought all those years later.

It's also strange not hearing Hidan screaming....
>>
>>47376343
"You know, detaching myself from the horror, I have to say that this was very clever of Obito. I'm having trouble thinking of a better way to convince a child that the world is a terrible place than to have him befriend monsters."

>>
>>47376343

>A. "Money has inherent value, but your word is worthless? Bullshit. The value of money is based on the word of the people. If all the gold in the world belonged to a single guy, and he was a douche, then the people could easily dismiss it as shiny rocks and trade something else. Anything can be money. Bottle caps, laundry detergent bottles, ramen packets...
>>
File: Kisame.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Kisame.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
>>47376373
>>47376438
>>47376445
>>47376454
>>47376465
>>47376472

You reach out for the memory of Kisame and Deidara.

You see Naruto come to a clearing in the forest. In it, are waiting a tall shark-like man with a sword wrapped in bandages, and a young man with a blonde ponytail.

"Hey, Naruto. Good to see you again." Kisame greets the boy with a smile. "This is our newest member, Deidara. Deidara, this is Naruto Uzumaki, the kid I told you about."

"Nice to meet you!" Naruto says, extending his hand. Deidara shakes it, then Naruto recoils at a strange feeling on his palm. Deidara holds up the mouth on his hand and starts laughing.

"That's always good for a laugh." Deidara says. "So apparently you're a big deal, kid. But you don't look so tough to me."

"Oh, he may not look like much, but the kids got guts." Kisame adds. "Trains harder than anyone else his age and twice as driven. You'll see."

"Yeah, alright. I guess I will." Deidara scoffs. "So are we ready to go, or what? The mansion should be a bit this way."

"You fly on up ahead and scout it out, Deidara." Kisame answers. "Naruto and I will catch up, and we can formulate a plan when we meet up again."

"Sounds good to me." Deidara says, creating a bird from his clay and flying off.

Kisame grabs Naruto and picks him up, placing the boy on his shoulder.

"So how's it going, kid?" Kisame asks. "It's been a while since I've seen you."

"I'm doing great, Kisame!" Naruto smiles. "Never better!"

"Don't you lie to me." Kisame responds, still smiling. "You know I can see through lies like nobody else. You're worried about something. Tell me what's on your mind."

"Heh. You got me, Kisame." Naruto's smile fades as Kisame starts to walk them in the direction Deidara left. "I... I've been thinking about the plan. About how when they extract Kurama, I'll..."

>Continued
>>
>>47376621

"Say no more, kid." Kisame interrupts. His voice suddenly gets serious. "It's only natural to be worried about death. All living things want to keep living. It's a basic instinct. But we can reason. We can decide to give our own lives for what we believe in. That's what I admire most. How your life ends will determine what kind of person you are. You can die after picking a petty fight, or you can sacrifice yourself for a cause greater than you are. I like when things are laid plain like that. That's why I support the plan. So I can see a world without lies. No more of this world where everyone is hiding their intentions, where you're forced to look underneath the underneath. I'm sick of it. But I know this cause is bigger than I am. As much as I want to see this world, I would give my own life without hesitation if that would see it through. You are nervous, but I know you are willing to do the same. At such a young age. When I was your age, I was the very kind of person I hated most. I didn't believe in anything, and would just go around picking fights for my amusement. I want you to know just how much respect I have for you. To lay down your young life to create a better world. Even if the rest of the world hates you for it, I will always recognize you. You're a hero, Naruto. Simple as that. And you know I never lie."

Kisame and Naruto have reached the edge of a moat surrounding a mansion, and they take cover in the trees as they wait. Naruto gets down from Kisame's shoulder.

"Feel better, Naruto?" Kisame asks. "Hope you're in shape for the operation."

"Don't you worry about me, Kisame!" Naruto turns back, pumping his fist. "I'm ready for anything!"

After a bit longer, Deidara returns.

"The place is pretty heavily guarded." he begins. "There is a path inside through the moat, so that'll be your chance, Kisame. But I doubt you'll be able to get those documents without a distraction..."

>Continued
>>
>>47376666
Christ, Naruto isn't even going to get past Haku without having everything he believes in getting stomped.
>>
File: Deidara.png (1 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Deidara.png
1 MB, 1440x1080
>>47376666

"I can do that!" Naruto chimes in. "I'm a master of the Transformation Jutsu, I'm great at distractions!"

"You think you can handle it, kid?" Deidara questions. "We need to wipe out any evidence we were here, too. They can't know the documents were taken. I was going to take care of that. Blow the place sky high. You think your little Transformation Jutsu will be enough?"

"Oh, it will." Kisame adds. "The kid really is too good. We can count on him."

The two eventually convince Deidara, and they leave to execute the plan. Naruto goes into the mansion and takes on all kinds of forms to get everyone inside to either chase him or run away.

Later, Naruto returns to Deidara's side, still waiting for Kisame.

"That should do it, huh?" Deidara looks into the moat with his scope and sees Kisame. "Here we go!"

The mansion is consumed in an enormous explosion.

"Would you look at that!" Deidara exclaims. "This is true art! What a blast!"

Deidara keeps laughing, until he notices something.

"Hey, hey, hey!" he complains. "You led all the occupants outside, or ran them into the moat! The building was empty! Nobody even got to experience the full glory of my art!"

"Well yeah, I didn't want them dead." Naruto says. "The full glory of your art is getting blown up? That seems kind of..."

"Of course you wouldn't understand!" Deidara shoots back. "Nobody does! Even my gearhead sister only goes on about the mechanics of an explosion, but that's only part of what makes it beautiful! It's the culmination of everything it envelops in that single fleeting moment! Kurotsuchi and the old man would nod and pretend like they understood, but I got tired of their condescending looks. I left to show everyone what true art is! And when my life is to come to an end, I too will know the ultimate beauty of true art! I will die in the grandest explosion of all!"

>Continued
>>
Also, errands. Sorry guys, gonna have to hold you up for a bit
>>
>>47376749
ERRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDS
>>
>>47376732
Sorry, man, but with all the Tailed Beast Balls being thrown around lately I think your record's been beaten. I wish you had gotten to see it, though, you would have loved it.
>>
>>47376621
>>47376666
God dammit Kisame, why you so cool. God damn Naru was like a fucking therapy fox for the Akatski, always there and talking about feels. The thought of Naru riding on Kisame's shoulder is cute as fuck though.... Makes me feel a tad sad we wiped out his adopted murder hobo family. At this rate im beginning to understand why he is so driven, he's getting the mental reinforcement, the admiration and the family (though twisted) to always wanted so he'd never let them down.
>>
>>47376811
>Kon and Deidera never got be be best cousins and blow shit up together, Deidera helping Kon because he don't have the clans bloodline.
>>
>>47376839
Thing is Kon understands why explosion are cool.
>>
Just out of curiosity... Do you think Laze would've allowed us to be gay? I remember in an earlier thread someone posted a comparability between Kon's Dick and sasukes ass and it was like at 93%
>>
>>47376923
i'm pretty sure anon's would loose their shit, id be ok with it but I doubt it would work as many petty folk would try to kill Kon off just for that.

Personally I like to imagine Kon as Bisexual, a god damned magic man in the sack
>>
>>47376968
Oh god, I'd forgotten. With the Fourth Ninja War over the Waifu Wars will begin again, now that both Tenten and Kurotsuchi have expressed interest in Kon. The horrors we will witness...
>>
>>47376923
No.
Some people asked because of interests in hooking kon up with Haku.
He said something about Ninja eugenics not allowing that shit.
>>
>>47376968
Eight inches of pure wizardry.
There will never be a quest with a man loving MC, whether they be male or female
>>
File: errands.png (312 KB, 497x374) Image search: [Google]
errands.png
312 KB, 497x374
>>47376749
>>
>>47376994
>The series ends with Kon still not deciding
>Leaf ninja 2: the seconding happens
>Kon still hasn't chosen and everyone else is married and has kids
Reminder we brought this to ourselves.
>>
>>47377068
obviously we're gonna go Kurotsuchi.
Much more interesting and way better than plain jain ten ten
>>
File: Sasori2.jpg (20 KB, 389x293) Image search: [Google]
Sasori2.jpg
20 KB, 389x293
>>47376732

"Hmm... I don't really get it." Naruto scratches his head. "But... you have something you really believe in, right? That you would die for? But I still don't like it. You shouldn't have to die just to try and show everyone how you feel. Hey, Deidara. What if there was a world where you didn't have to try and show people what you mean? Where everybody saw explosions like you do, as true art. What would you think of a world like that?"

"A world where everyone saw the same way as me, huh." Deidara chuckles a bit as he rolls some clay around in his hand. "It sounds pretty ridiculous. I had long since given up on anyone understanding me. But a world like that? What can I really say? It sounds like it would be... a blast!"

As the memory fades out, you reach out for the final remaining one, with Sasori.

As this memory fades into view, you see Naruto sitting on top of a giant creature, a bear of some kind. Sasori is down on the ground in his large puppet body.

"Hey Sasori, is it okay to poison it?" Naruto asks. "What if he was going to eat it or something?"

"It's not my concern." Sasori replies. "Though I don't think he will. He wanted it for the pelt, and we left it nearly undamaged. Our job is done. This one, at least. I still have to babysit you for some reason. Even without Orochimaru, I can operate fine on my own."

"Do you like being alone, Sasori?" Naruto asks. "You always seem to be in a rush to go be by yourself."

"I have long since been unable to find pleasure in the company of others." Sasori begins. "My only goal is to become the perfect form of art: one that lasts for all of time. For that, I do not need companionship, or emotions. They will only weigh me down. Worrying about those things will wear away at you like sandpaper, until you are no more. If I am to last forever, I have no choice but to discard them. Once something is gone, it is worthless. For something to truly matter, it should last for all time."

>Continued
>>
>>47377122

"It's the same with you, isn't it? You want to create a peace that will last all of time, instead of one that is fleeting. That would be art. So in order to do so, don't let others weigh you down. They will only be a burden. If you keep stopping for them, you will just be letting your goal slip away. So that's my advice to you, Naruto. Companionship will not last forever. And it will only jeopardize what you do want to make eternal. Come on, we've wasted enough time."

As Sasori heads off, Naruto makes to follow him. The idea of doing everything alone is difficult for Naruto to swallow, but he steels himself. If that's what it takes, he will try.

The memory fades, and you find yourself next to Kurama once more.

"The Akatsuki all affected Naruto in their own way." Kurama goes on. "He eventually came to the point where to him, the Infinite Tsukuyomi was the only hope for this world. The only way to make everyone happy."

Kurama gets ready to pull up some more memories.

>B.Let's move on

>C.Other
>>
>>47377187
>A.Say something (So Obito showed him the broken, beaten, certifiably insane in some cases, people he tricked into doing his bidding, and Naruto, wanting to make real connections got sucked into their line of thinking. Wonderful.
>>
>>47377187
>A. But it's not. I've seen the world and the people in it. Change is slow, but it is happening. People are becoming better people. I don't know Obito, or what Madara taught him, but everything Naruto saw was through that same broken lens. The Ninshu is not the only option, nor is it the best option.
>>
>>47377187
>>A.Say something (Write-in)
Now i'm just feeling sorry for his, the poor kid god the full mind bending treatment..thought I cant blame Obito because Black Zetsu had scrabble his brain...

[In regards to the Waifu Wars I have a plan..that if anons are willing to hear me out could land us both girls...in a way....anyone keen to hear?]
>>
>>47377382
I'm listening.
>>
>>47377382
Honestly, my plan is to just say 'You're both special to me. I'd rather have both of you as friends than one of you as...well...that.'

It's corny as fuck, but at least it doesn't simply assume successful polygamy and harems like most anons want.
>>
>>47377187
"So how'd he convince you to go along with it? Because I'm pretty sure you don't agree."
>>
>>47377412
Or we could not be a faggot and choose Tenten.

A Kurotsuchi is fine too.

>>47377420
Also this.
>>
You know, we're all getting analytical on Naruto, but what's stopping Naruto from just saying
>Actually, the only reason to believe the world is getting better is because you don't want to believe your parents died for nothing.
>>
>>47377412
Just nut up and choose one. It's not hard. Christ.
>>
>>47377107
I like Kurostuchi, but I'm worried that it's not the best thing for her. She wants to be the Tsuchikage, being in a relationship with a Konoha ninja could hurt her prospects.
>>
>>47377453
Why? We left a sperm sample with the research division, and with our BAMF Kekkei Genkai our line is assured to keep going.

There's no practical reason for actually choosing one. Better to outlast them, and let THEM choose both.
>>
>>47377475
Did we do that? i dont think we actualy did.
>>
>>47377382
^Me

Ok Given our effort in the war and how Kuro wants to be the Kage I doubt we can hook up with her without dooming her chances, now we have had a damned fine run in this war and I think it's time to get down with the baby making. If we let kuro become Tsuchikage we can still be FWB and really, really get a long and feel for one another. Im willing to bet we could have a kid with her because the stone wants in on our bloodline but also kuro "may" have dreamed about it so it'd be a go. We could also use it to get officially made a member of our Clan taking the name as a middle one to help solidify the poeace between the Stone and Leaf.

Kon could get together with Tenten the one we have known longest and could live with when in the leaf. Tenten would likly be ok with it I think and Kuro I can see as promiscuous enough to be game.

Plus it makes sense because im willing to bet in the timeskip Kon won't just be sitting around he'd be going back and forth alot and so will see both kids and be a good dad, those kids can play together and also be an example of uniting villages.

I'm positive we can make this work

>>47377412
dude your right that will be the main bit and we use Ninshu for the feels transfer
>>
>>47377453
I love both of them though! also tenten has dat ass
>>
>>47377463
World's changing man. I don't think people will really care that the Tsuchikage is getting it on with one of the heroes of ALL NINJAs that happens to be Leaf.
>>
>>47377499
I'm assuming it came up in the timeskip.
>>
>>47377511
thats fucking stupid. your fucking stupid. stop it.
>>
>>47377255
>>47377382

Feeling everything that Naruto has felt certainly leaves an impression.

"Now I just feel sorry for him." you say. "Obito showed him broken, beaten, and even certifiably insane people and Naruto's thinking got warped because he wanted to make real connections."

"It was a sad development." Kurama replies. "But it was the part of him that never changed that eventually won me over."

Kurama brings up another memory.

You see Naruto talking to Kurama once more.

"We can probably make it so you're still you in the Ten Tails." Naruto says. "I mean, there's got to be a way. I don't think you'd just disappear. Then maybe once it's cast, it doesn't need all of you? Maybe some of you can stay in for a while, and then switch? You could take shifts. Or maybe even just leave a little piece of your chakra in there, and that could be enough. Then you could all go relax wherever."

"You're an imbecile, Naruto." Kurama scoffs. "Even if I believed such a thing was possible, I wouldn't trust you to handle it, much less Obito! He is the one who released me and controlled me to attack the village that night! He is responsible for the deaths of your parents! He's just using you!"

Naruto is silent for a while.

"I want you to be able to trust me, Kurama." he says. "Even if it takes a lot longer than this. As long as you can do that, I'll get everything else worked out. Just you leave it to me."

Naruto leaves his subconscious. Later that day, he confronts Obito.

"Obito." he calls to the man. "Were you the one responsible for the Nine Tails attack on the Leaf?"

Obito looks a bit shocked, but his face quickly stiffens.

"Yes, Naruto. I did it." Obito admits. "I could have just taken the fox and run, but I wanted revenge. Revenge on this world that took Rin from me. On the Sensei that was always too late to save his students. I wanted them to suffer! That's why I did it. Why? Do you hate me, Naruto?"

>Continued
>>
>>47377545
but did laze ever say it happend?
>>
>>47377586
I...think so? I might have come up.
>>
>>47377599
what?
>>
>>47377448
>Our parents died for nothing
>Managed to help the 4th, if only a little, to seal the demon in his stomach from destroying the village and therefore ourselves from death and by extension, the world.
Sure, Naruto, sure.
>>47377475
We didn't actually. I don't even think anyone thought of that.
>>47377511
I don't really like this plan. I'd rather we choose one or it's just ambiguous as fuck and we don't see either of them in Leaf Ninja 2.
>>
>>47377576

Naruto is silent for a bit longer, but looks up straight into Obito's eyes. It's not anger he feels, but pity.

"I don't hate anyone." he states. "Not Kurama, not you, not the villagers of the Leaf. The hate has to stop somewhere. This vicious cycle of hate just keeps going. Everyone ends up hating each other. You are just as much of a victim as all the others. You've fallen to hatred. So I'll save you, too. I'll get rid of your hatred, I'll get rid of Kurama's hatred, I'll get rid of the whole world's hatred forever. I don't forgive you. But I will never hate you."

Obito is taken aback. He actually expected Naruto to blow up at him. He gives a resigned sigh.

"You really are something, Naruto." he says. "How this world could produce someone with intentions like you, I will never understand. If only we could all be like you are. On another note, I can't teach you any more. I've done everything I can. Starting tomorrow, you'll be relocating. Zetsu will lead you to your new teacher, and you'll be living there. He's kind of weird, but he's smart. There's a lot you can learn from him."

Some time later, you see Naruto walking through the woods alongside Zetsu.

"So what's up with you, Zetsu?" Naruto asks. "You're a total mystery. What do you even want? You seem pretty happy right now. What's up with that?"

"I only exist to fulfill the plan." Zetsu smirks. "I'm happy because everything is going swimmingly. Nothing more, nothing less. That's all there is to it. No reason to pry any deeper."

Naruto is unconvinced, but lets the matter drop. They eventually reach Orochimaru's hideout.

"This is where we part ways." Zetsu says, disappearing into the earth. "Good luck, kid."

>Continued
>>
>>47377624
It* might have come up
>>
>>47377448
The fact that the world is better? We've been opening diplomatic channels, resolving disputes through discussion instead of violence, and overall making this a safer and happier place to live in. There's still a long way to go, but we are making progress. And our parents didn't die for nothing, they died for us. Just our existence as a happy, confident, secure person means they succeeded. We've got nothing to prove, we're doing this because it's the right thing to do.
>>
File: Orochimaru.png (520 KB, 1024x2098) Image search: [Google]
Orochimaru.png
520 KB, 1024x2098
>>47377631

Naruto heads inside to find Orochimaru waiting.

"So this is to be my new student?" Orochimaru ponders. "Really, what is Pain thinking? No matter, I will make something of him. I am Orochimaru, your new master."

"Hey Orochimaru, I'm Naruto Uzumaki!" Naruto introduces himself with a grin. "I hear you're a great teacher!"

"That has been said, yes." Orochimaru chuckles. "Listen to me and you'll go far, boy."

Thus began Naruto's days under Orochimaru's tutelage. He taught him to control his chakra, the Shadow Clone Jutsu, and how to use it to amplify his training, among other things.

Naruto spent his free time with Orochimaru's followers. At first, they were not very hospitable, but Naruto won them over. He would help them at any task he could, always trying to pick up spirits, and generally lighten everyone's mood. Karin in particular took to him, and always hung around. She would always work Naruto into a position where he would offer to help her, so she wouldn't have to be the one to ask herself.

He also made friends with Jugo and Kimimaro. Kimimaro was already suffering from his disease, and the first thing Naruto did was offer to find a cure. Orochimaru told him about components for medicines deep in caves, or at the top of mountains, and Naruto would rush off to get them in the hopes that they could be made into something that would heal Kimimaro. He also was able to easily help Kimimaro calm Jugo down whenever he was close to going into a rage. The three of them grew close over time.

Naruto met Suigetsu when he passed by his tank one day. Suigetsu was not really in the mood for conversation, but Naruto talked at him anyway. As annoyed as this made Suigetsu, Naruto continued to stop by day after day to chat, until one day Orochimaru came with Naruto to visit. He merely opened the tank and let Suigetsu out.

"Hey, what's the big idea?" Suigetsu jumps up. "You plotting something else for me, snake?"

>Continued
>>
>>47377709

"Not in particular." Orochimaru answers. "Naruto here just convinced me to let you go. We have samples from you, and as he said, we probably won't learn anything more by just leaving you in that tank. If you want to stick around to volunteer for study, that's fine. But you aren't high priority, so if you really want, I can just give you a dose of my memory erasing serum, and send you on your way. It's up to you."

"Memory erase..." Suigetsu looks to Naruto, then to Orochimaru. "Well, I don't really have anywhere to go, anyway. I can... stick around for a little while longer."

Suigetsu eventually grew comfortable with the group, and they could all be said to be friends. Naruto is about as happy at this time as he's ever been.

"If I had to hazard a guess, this would be some time around when he would be graduating the ninja academy by now." Kurama says, as the memory fades out. "It's a lot for him to have gone through at such a young age. But there was yet more he had to face."

>B.Then let's keep going

>C.Other
>>
>>47377775
>>B.Then let's keep going
Tenten is the best waifu
>>
>>47377775
>>
>>47377775
>>
>>47377775
>>47377817
Agreed, brother.
>>
>>47377775
"Is Naruto seeing this too? I should have asked this first, I admit, but I wouldn't want to make him have to relive bad memories."
>>
>>47377775
>B.Then let's keep going
>>
>>47377775
>B.Then let's keep going
Lets get through story time with Ninetails

Did Naruto ever find a cure for Kimimaro

>>47377511
You do know we can achieve the same just by choosing Tenten and banging Kurotsuchi on the side? (with Tenten's go ahead naturally). Could be quite funny the Leaf bodyguard banging the Tsuchikage, going in for "negotiations"
>>
>>47377817
I can't wait for one of Kon's eyes to crack open a bit as a bead of sweat runs down his forehead when we finally get confronted
>>
>>47377842
I'm pretty sure he is viewing Kon's memories.
>>
>>47377879
I like to imagine Naruto has appeared on top of Hokage mountain and is viewing the world and Kon's life form above. Our narator would be the hundreds of voices screaming in chaos about waifu's summoning contracts and how to destroy our foes but mostly about Waifu and "Implying".

Naruto is gonna come out our head visibly shaken and point screaming we are the real monster.
>>
>>47377966
I'd like to think it's a representation of our uncle narrating our life. Or Hamura.
>>
>>47377869
That does bring up a funny image in my mind. Like, he doesn't open his eyes at all and only his Uncle knows what they look like only cause he was there when he was born. They didn't open when he got his release, they didn't open when the Third died, they didn't open when he killed Kakuzu, Madara, or Kaguya. But at the moment of who is he going to bang, his eyes open for a sec in a nervous twitch.
>>
>>47378023
Kon has actually had the Rinnegan this whole time and never known because with his eyes constantly closed he can't use it.
>>
>>47378017
All the monkey summons narrating his life would be cool.

Hell we fused and used Sarujizo's chakra so much he's probably mingled in with us.
>>
File: Gedou Statue.jpg (15 KB, 642x481) Image search: [Google]
Gedou Statue.jpg
15 KB, 642x481
>>47377817
>>47377819
>>47377823
>>47377835
>>47377851
>>47377856

You decide not to slow things down, and Kurama pulls up the next memory.

You fade in to see most of the Akatsuki members standing on the fingers of a giant statue. Gaara is in the center, screaming in pain as Shukaku is extracted.

Feeling what Naruto does, you are overcome by nausea. Naruto's breathing is heavy, and he is sweating excessively. The figure of Gaara in pain is being burned into his mind. He can barely focus on the jutsu. He feels just about ready to vomit when he hears Pain's voice.

"Naruto. Get down." he commands. "You can't focus, you're just disturbing the sealing. We will do it without you or Orochimaru just fine. Now leave. We won't be having you participate in any more sealings from now on."

Naruto digs down into the pit of his stomach for any resolve he can muster. "But I-" He can't do it. The sight of his fellow jinchuuriki in so much pain disturbs him to the core. He obediently gets off the statue and leaves.

Later, Naruto is walking through the halls of Orochimaru's hideout, deep in thought. He sees a young man wrapped in bandages, Dosu.

"Ah, Dosu." Naruto calls out. "You look like you're recovering well. That's good. How are Kin and Zaku?"

"They're dead, Naruto." Dosu states bluntly. "Lord Orochimaru used them as sacrifices for his jutsu."

"He what?" Naruto exclaims. "They believed in him, how could he do that?"

"Calm down, Naruto." Dosu places his hand on Naruto's shoulder. "Our expendability is in our nature. We owe everything to Lord Orochimaru, and will gladly die at his whim. Even if I want to be more than his pawn, it's because I want to be more useful to him. Before he took us in, we had nothing. Our lives are to do with as he pleases."

"But that's..." Naruto struggles to reply. "Being sacrificed for just that..."

"You'll have to learn to accept it, Naruto." Dosu says, as he heads down the hallway. "It's the way of the world."

>Continued
>>
File: detail_saitama.png (121 KB, 770x623) Image search: [Google]
detail_saitama.png
121 KB, 770x623
>>47378023
I imagine him with his eyes open when in 'serious badass' mode, and with closed eyes in 'chill bro' mode.
>>
>>47378071
I like to imagine that Sarujizo is in here with us, but is over in a corner talking with Son Goku about monkey things instead of listening to Kurama's story.
>>
>>47378068
That'd be some kind of bullshit.
>>
>>47378154
How do you think he can see so well with his eyes always closed? Fuckin magic bullshit eyes
>>
File: Genyumaru Orochimaru.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Genyumaru Orochimaru.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>47378107

Later still, Naruto comes across Orochimaru, covered head to toe in bandages save for one eye and his hair.

"Hey..." Naruto starts. "Is that Genyumaru? What did you do to him?"

"He offered up his body for the release of his sister." Orochimaru replies. "I honored the deal. His sister had her memory wiped, and she was sent off to village that should be nice and welcoming. With a decent sum of money as well. Should be enough to last her a very long time. It's the least I could do in response to Genyumaru's sacrifice."

Naruto is irritated, but he doesn't press the matter further.

"By the way, Naruto. Something interesting is happening that you will probably wish to make yourself involved in." Orochimaru begins. "In the Leaf, I met a young girl named Hinata Hyuuga. I didn't think much of her at first, but as soon as my disguise was compromised, quite the thing happened. At the sight of my Akatsuki cloak, she attacked me with all haste. She demanded to know where you were. That's right, you in particular. Isn't that interesting? So I gave her the curse mark and told her that she could find you if she followed me. She must be quite enamored, because she did in fact decide to leave her village. The Sound Four already went to pick her up. Though she is being pursued."

"What, why didn't you tell me this before?" Naruto asks. "What if something happens? I don't want someone to get hurt or killed over me!"

"Well, why don't you go see for yourself?" Orochimaru asks. "Go ensure her safety and bring her here. They should be coming by way of the Valley of the End."

Naruto immediately takes off.

On the way to the Valley of the End, a familiar voice pops into his head.

>Continued
>>
>>47378068
Who would be in the "Paths of Kon"?
>>
>>47378201
Salt, Waifus, Punching, Kinetic lasers, Gravity, Spacial Manipulation.
>>
File: Minato.png (80 KB, 322x400) Image search: [Google]
Minato.png
80 KB, 322x400
>>47378189

"You're a wreck, Naruto." Kurama tells the boy as he enters his mindspace. "Someone is throwing away everything for you, and you don't even have the resolve to see your goal through. Pathetic. What do you think you can do?"

"I just..." Naruto stumbles over his words. "I just want everyone to be happy. With no more fighting, or hatred."

"And how do you think you can do that?" Kurama goes on. "What proof do you have that you can make anyone happy?"

Naruto walks up closer to the sealed gate, and the fox.

"You are the person closest to me, Kurama." Naruto says, placing his hand on the seal. "If I want to make anyone happy, it has to be you. So I'm giving you control of my body. I'm trusting you."

"Hehehe. You're joking." Kurama chuckles. "At a time like this? How do you know I won't just kill everyone I see, and keep control of your body for good?"

"I don't." Naruto answers, pulling the seal loose. "But I need to believe in something. So I'll believe in you, Kurama."

As Naruto attempts to remove the seal from the cage, a hand stops him. It's the Fourth Hokage.

"What?" Kurama is stunned. "The Fourth? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to stop the seal from being removed." the Hokage answers. "But I didn't expect this. I was supposed to show up when you were about to go past eight tails. But here you are, removing the seal of your own will. And that's not the most questionable choice you've made, Naruto. Just what do you think you're doing? You're working against everything your mother and I died for."

>Continued
>>
>>47378243
Where's the explosions? Even though we haven't done a single thing with them since we got our release. I miss being just a guy with explosions.
>>
>>47378285
>Kon status: TRIGGERED
>>
>>47378287
We still use them. It's how we killed Orochimaru. It's how we pinned Kakuzu down long enough to get rid of his masks. It's how we defeated our zombie mom. We just have them be a supplementary weapon instead of our defining trait.
>>
>>47378110
I like to imagine his eyes crack open just a bit in some of the openings. Like in the one after asuma just died and the camera passes by shikumaru it's Kon instead and he a serious face with one eye open.
>>47378177
I thought it was anime reasons. Also funnily enough I always imagined Kon with purple eyes, not rinnegan though.
>>
>>47378285

Naruto looks up, tears in his eyes.

"I didn't ask you to die for me!" he cries. "I didn't ask to be a jinchuuriki, I didn't ask for any of this! Obito was right, the world is broken! And there's only one way to fix it."

"This isn't the way you should be trying to rid the world of hatred, Naruto." the Fourth replies. "Jiraiya Sensei and I never found an answer, but I know yours isn't right. It strips away everyone else's choice. I'm sorry we left you alone. But you need to come to your senses."

"You didn't leave me alone." Naruto says, looking past his father. "Kurama has been with me all this time. I want to believe I can make everyone happy. That what I'm doing is the right thing. But before any of that, I need to convince one person to trust me. So I'll trust him. I'm removing the seal."

Minato looks back and forth between his son and the fox.

"I don't have much time, so I can't really stop you if you want to do that." the Hokage sighs. "I am a bit disappointed that you're going against my wishes, but..."

The Fourth wraps his arms around his son.

"I still want to believe you can do anything. That's what any parent wants." he goes on. "All I can do is hope that you eventually decide to do the right thing. After all, you've already done something that exceeds my expectations. I never thought that you would come to value the Nine Tails as friend. For that, I can't help but be proud. No matter what, I love you, son. Always will."

Minato disappears as Naruto wipes his eyes.

"Kurama, don't let me down, you hear?" Naruto asks as he begins to pull the seal off once more. "I'm putting it all on you."

"Idiot." Kurama growls. "I've never met anyone as naive as you, Naruto. I almost feel bad."

With a quick motion of his hand, Naruto removes the seal, and Kurama takes control of his body.

>Continued
>>
>>47378378

Naruto can only watch for this next part. Kurama keeps heading the same way as Naruto was, eventually reaching the Valley of the End. He witnesses Hinata beating Sasuke, and sees you as you arrive. You can feel that Naruto is anxious. He doesn't know exactly what Kurama will do. But his trust is not misplaced. Kurama merely urges the Leaf ninja not to follow, and calls for Hinata to do so, before heading off.

"How boring." Kurama says, returning to Naruto's subconscious. "Not exactly a time I can enjoy myself. Call me out again when I can relax."

"You got it, Kurama!" Naruto smiles. "Thanks."

Kurama just grumbles as Naruto returns to controlling his own body.

"Um, Naruto? Are you alright?" Hinata asks as they go. "You've seemed a bit strange..."

"Huh? Oh sorry, that wasn't me." Naruto answers. "That was Kurama. He's bit rough, but you get used to him."

Once the two of them reach Orochimaru's hideout, they find the man himself.

"Good to see you made it, Hinata." Orochimaru greets her. "Now you can start your own training under me along with Naruto."

"Hey Orochimaru, where are the Sound Four?" Naruto asks. "Shouldn't they be back too?"

"I'm afraid they all perished to make sure Hinata reached us." Orochimaru answers. "Kimimaro as well. Though he may have finally fell to his condition, and not to battle."

"What?" Naruto's fists start shaking. "How could you let this happen? You always do this! Just because they're devoted to you doesn't mean you should just throw their lives away!"

Hinata looks down. She clearly feels responsible.

"They still had things they wanted to do!" Naruto insists. "Now they never can. You always throw lives away so easily! People aren't tools! There's so much more they could have done if you let them..."

Strangely enough, looking in Orochimaru's eyes, you think you catch the slightest glimpse of remorse.

>Continued
>>
>>47378378
You made the wrong choice, Minato. "Fuck you, kid, you're terrible and I regret dying for you" is the appropriate response in this situation.
>>
>>47378436

"Maybe." Orochimaru responds. "This does seem like it was quite a frivolous waste of potential, now that you mention it. Hinata, you better work hard to make up for this. Don't let those sacrifices be in vain."

Later on, you see Naruto with Hinata, Karin, Jugo, and Suigetsu. The sun is setting, and three holes are dug in the ground. Before them are three bodies. Sakon, Tayuya, and Kimimaro.

"This was all we could manage." Suigetsu says. "The others are probably already gone. Man, the Sound Four were kind of assholes, but... I didn't want to see them wind up like this."

"Kimimaro..." Jugo starts. "He knew his time was up. He just wanted to do what he could, for Lord Orochimaru, and for you, Naruto. I'm not sad. He would be happy, knowing he was useful."

"Hey, Hinata, right?" Karin places a hand on Hinata's shoulder. "Sorry that this much weight has to be placed on your shoulders right away. We're all here for you, alright?"

You see Kabuto walk into the picture from the woods.

"Here to get your hands on some samples, huh?" Suigetsu asks. "Same Kabuto as ever."

"Actually, no." Kabuto replies. "We have all the samples we could need. I'm just here to be among my peers."

Kabuto gets some strange looks, but no one presses it further. They do a small service, then lay the bodies to rest. When everyone is getting to leave, Kabuto approaches Naruto, who has been silent this whole time.

"It seems the one who killed both Sakon and Kimimaro, I've met before." Kabuto tells Naruto. "And you may have as well. The one at the Valley of the End. Kon, was his name."

Naruto thinks back and remembers Kurama interacting with that ninja.

"He's got a fierce ideal." Kabuto goes on. "Not to mention he's a worry to fight. He even gave me trouble. If you see him, no doubt it will end in a battle. Trying to talk to him would be a waste. He's too loyal to his village, and nothing would sway him. He might even have to be killed."

>Continued
>>
>>47378503
You know, if it weren't for the whole reincarnation thing pushing them to fight, I'm pretty sure it Naruto would be rivaling with Kon, not Sasuke. Think about it, we killed something like half of the people he knows. The aforementioned deaths in the Sound Five, Hidan, Kakuzu, Orochimaru, Nagato, Konan, Madara and Zetsu. We didn't land the finishing blow to all of them, but we definitely are responsible for their deaths.
>>
>>47378503

"I don't plan on killing him, Kabuto." Naruto answers. "I don't hate him. He's a victim of this world like everyone else. I'll get stronger. Strong enough that no one else has to sacrifice themselves any more. Not my comrades, and not my enemies."

Naruto hardens his resolve as he says so, but the thought of the other jinchuuriki scratches at the back of his mind.

"That sure would be nice, wouldn't it, Naruto?" Kabuto asks, as he strolls away. "A perfect solution, huh?"

Everyone returns to the hideout.
You see several other scenes. Naruto continuing to train, his confrontation with your group.

You see Naruto's reaction to the dwindling members of Akatsuki. When Sasori and Orochimaru fell, he could hardly believe it. He could only hope his friends were okay in the Leaf.

After Pain's attack, he learned that the jinchuuriki were revived. Not only that, but they could survive extraction. His resolve increased tenfold. With the acquisition of the Shinigami mask, he decided that he could make sure the plan was a good idea himself.

"See, now I can stick around to make sure everything goes right." Naruto tells Kurama. "If you can't trust Obito, will you trust me?"

"Hmph." Kurama snorts. "We'll see."

>Continued
>>
>>47378503
Don't forget Kidomaru, we killed him, too. We have killed a lot of this guy's friends. I mean, we're still the hero, these people were capital-E Evil, but I do feel a bit bad about it.
>>
>>47378568
That one anon that thought we would never amount to anything can eat his fucking heart out. I bet if we never had a kekkei Genkei we would've focused more on summoning and learning all the different natures sooner. Would've created some bad ass rainbow rasengan or some shit. DAMN KON IS AWESOME
>>
>>47378585

He was happy to see his friends safe again, and they took to training once more. Before long however, he got word of the defeat of four Akatsuki at once. Nearly all of his original comrades were gone.

In his hand, Naruto holds a scroll he received from a shark. Kisame's summon.

"In here is sealed one of the Eight Tail's tentacles." it read. "This should be enough to summon the Ten Tails, even if it's incomplete. And don't you cry over me, Naruto! I died accomplishing something. Fighting for the world we believed in. I know you won't let me down, kid."

Naruto wasn't able to fulfill Kisame's last request. He clenched the scroll to his chest as the tears flowed down his face.

After this, Naruto met with Obito and Kabuto as they were preparing for war.

"Hey, Kabuto. You were going to summon Edo Tensei soldiers, weren't you?" Naruto asks, his eyes stern. At Kabuto's confirmation, he turns to Obito. "Hey, 'Madara'. You've got a ton of White Zetsu. Can you let Kabuto use those for his Edo Tensei? I don't want people to die just to kill more people. I'm not strong enough to stop this war, but I will prevent any deaths I can."

"I suppose..." Obito muses. "If it's you Naruto, how can I refuse? But I demand the revived Akatsuki members for my own use. How many will you need?"

"A thousand will be more than enough." Kabuto responds. "A mere fraction of your forces."

"Consider it done." Obito replies, leaving with this business finished.

Naruto makes his way up to Kabuto.

"Kabuto, can you do one more favor?" he asks. "Can you make the Edo Tensei not kill anyone?"

"What?" Kabuto asks, incredulous. "You want me to go to war with soldiers that won't kill anyone? Heh, well I guess it suits my purposes just as well. I don't have a particular reason to kill anyone. Alright. I'll do it, just because you asked. But you better be strong enough to make up for it, Naruto."

>Continued
>>
>>47378689
And yet, it still involves torturing and enslaving the souls of the honored dead. It's actually kind of impressive, he wanted to avoid hurting the living so much that it looped around and brought the dead back to life just so it could harm them instead. It's like some sort of reverse-Buddhism.
>>
>>47378751

In general his whole plan shows he was in control at almost no point in his life, it was like he was divorced from the actual effects of his actions.
>>
File: Kushina.png (1020 KB, 1498x1124) Image search: [Google]
Kushina.png
1020 KB, 1498x1124
>>47378689

After this, Naruto prepares for the war by training with Kurama.

"Alright, Kurama." Naruto addresses him in his subconscious. "Now we've got to work together. I have to get the other tailed beasts together as fast as possible so the fewest people get hurt. For that, I need your strength. Will you help me, Kurama?"

"Heh. Fine." Kurama snorts. "If only just to see this through. I want to see just how far you can go. You've only been bugging me for ten years."

As the two of them start to sync their chakra, a red haired woman appears. "Kushina Uzumaki." Kurama notes. "So you're here to see your son, too."

"Naruto?" she asks, looking at him carefully. "Wait, is the Nine Tails sharing his chakra with you? What's going on here?"

"Mom, Kurama is my friend." Naruto states. "And we're working together to make a better world."

"Or at least to see if it works." Kurama adds, turning his head away. "No skin off my nose if it doesn't."

Kushina is still really confused. She explains everything she thought she needed to, to which Naruto told her what had happened. That he already knew about the night of the attack, and was even working with the perpetrator. He fought back tears as he bowed and apologized for going against his mother's wishes, but remained firm in his stance.

"Naruto..." Kushina embraced her son. "I don't believe in what you're doing, but I believe in you. You're still the son I love. No matter what. You even made a friend of the fox. That's something I could never do. I still say there's another way, you have to find it. But I think you can."

She lets go of Naruto and then smacks him upside the head.

"And you better make up for all the bad stuff you did when this is over, you hear me?" Kushina shouts. "At least I can be proud of you for following the friends part of my advice. You're not a bad person, Naruto. I know you'll do the right thing when it comes down to it."

After a bit longer, Kushina disappears. Naruto and Kurama get to training.
>>
>>47378800

You see all the rest of the events between then and now from Naruto's perspective. His inner turmoil, his epiphany during his chat with the Sage of the Six Paths. You now know everything there is to know about Naruto Uzumaki. The memories fade as they catch up to the present, and you're left in the middle of the tailed beasts.

"Well?" Kurama asks. "You've now seen the world from Naruto's eyes. Maybe it gave you some new insight. What will you do now?"

>A.Say something to Kurama (Write-in)

>B.Say something to one of the other tailed beasts (Write-in)

>C.I am ready to leave Naruto's subconscious

>D.Other
>>
>>47378825
>>A.Say something to Kurama (Write-in
Poor guy got pretty much all the bad hands you can get, he was surrounded by similar people and while he escaped the circle of hate, he fell intot he circle of despair and misguided hope. He is a good person, just a misguided one. he's going to help rebuild the world he once wanted to abandon I know it, he has the heart, and now he should have seen the way.

>B.Say something to one of the other tailed beasts (Write-in)
So what now? Where you you guys all going? will I ever get to chat with you lot again? I know quite a few of your former hosts really miss you..some (gaara)...not quite so much. (suggest to the Seven Tails to let Shino return them to Fu, be literal best wingman)

>C.I am ready to leave Naruto's subconscious
I wonder what he saw in my head. It was really great meeting you all? oh wait I don't know your names? can to talk to you guys again?
>>
>>47378825
"What did he see, of me? You had no knowledge of the important events in my life to guide him through, so did he come to understand me as well as I have come to understand him? Because if not, if this experience requires a moderator who knows the subject, then his plan's going to fail. Ninshu wouldn't change a damn thing, and I don't want to see him disappointed by that."
>>
>>47378825

>>47378954
This. Maybe tell Gyuuki its nice to finally meet him after all these times we've seen Bee
>>
Also Wargle, this isn't the last thread

So you can still run
>>
>>47378825
>>47378954
this-ish
>>
>>47378825
"I understand him. I even sympathize a little. But understanding and sympathy aren't the same as agreeing, and if he still insists on this foolishness after seeing things from my perspective I'll have to stop him. By force if necessary."
>>
>>47378825
>A. Honestly? I'm just as willing to forgive him as I ever was. My wanting to beat him was more because he almost ended the world. I don't get angry easily. But I'm not letting him go through with the Ninshu. And if I have to kill him to keep everyone else safe, I will. I...might regret having to do so now, because he's not really a bad person, but he's not the only good person in the world. It goes to numbers, like it always does.
>>
>>47378825
>A. It was never really about revenge. I'm not saying no because I don't like Naruto, or I think he's crazy. I know the merits of doing something like this, I did before I went in. It sucks what happened to him, it's one of the worst hands I've seen dealt to such a good person. But my position hasn't changed. Making it an option between two people, I can support. Forcing it upon all the world is out of the question.
>>
>>47378825
"Well, it gives me a bit of pity for him. He was literally never given the chance to actually make a decision in his life. Every single person he's ever met has manipulated him, even if some have done it with his own best interests in mind. I can't blame him for his choice when in truth he never had one. But that doesn't change the fact that this needs to be stopped. I just don't believe this plan will work, and I'm afraid that when it fails it won't go quietly. I can only hope that ninshu has let him see enough of me to understand why I think that, and that he'll agree."
>>
also by the way guys I have an idea, lets just have a triforce ninshu with kuro and tenten and let laze decide what happens. Not now though....post war stuff now
>>
>>47378825
>>A.Say something to Kurama (Write-in)
"Thank you, I just hope Naruto learned something from my experiences as well. Wait, if you were narrating his life, then who the hell was narrating mine?"
>>
>>47379232
>who the hell was narrating mine
That... is actually a good question. I'm quietly hoping for Minato.

>See, this is what I was talking about
>Slow gradual change we can believe in
>Holy crap is he making passes at the Tsuchikage's granddaughter
>>
>>47379232
Take your pick of >>47377966, >>47378017 or >>47378071. Though, >>47379312 is pretty funny.
>>
>>47378954
>>47378984
>>47378996
>>47379072
>>47379078
>>47379084
>>47379170
>>47379191

Before you state your piece, you ask Kurama a quick question.

"Did Naruto see as much of me as I did of him?" you ask. "You were here to guide me through, but Naruto didn't have anyone over in my mind like that."

"I just picked out certain things for you to make things go by a bit quicker." Kurama explains. "Just wanted to hit certain points. Naruto is probably wandering through all of your memories manually. He'll get just as much out of it, it will just take a bit longer."

You think for a bit on what you've seen, then address Kurama again.

"Naruto was never given a chance to make his own choices in life." you start. "He was always being manipulated. He was dealt just about the worst hand I've ever seen. I understand him, I sympathize with him. He's not a bad person, just misguided. But I still don't agree with him. I can't support forcing Ninshu on the whole world, even if I know the merits of doing this. If he wants to make it an option between two people, that's fine, but if he still wants to force it on everyone, I will stop him. I guess it depends on what he says when we meet again on the outside."

"Reasonable." Kurama replies. "I never cared for the Infinite Tsukuyomi, but the idea of using Ninshu reminded me of the old Sage. But I can understand not wanting to be a part. I'm not letting anyone in my mind, after all. So, are you leaving now? To go see what conclusion Naruto has come to after seeing your memories? I think you can reach an agreement."

>A.Yes, it's time to go

>B.Say something to one of the other tailed beasts first (Write-in)

>C.Other
>>
I have to go eat dinner, might be gone for quite a while this time
>>
>>47379468
>>A.Yes, it's time to go
>>
>>47379468
>A.Yes, it's time to go
"Unless anyone else wants to swap memories with me, I think it's time to move on."

"See you on the other side."
>>
>>47379468
>>B.Say something to one of the other tailed beasts first (Write-in)
Suggest that chakra meet up thing? You guys know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>47379468
>>A.Yes, it's time to go

>>47379489
Now would be a good time to start your quest Wargle.
>>
>>47379468
"Well, as long as I'm here: What do you guys want done with you once this is over? Do you want to walk free or be with your hosts again? No need for you all to agree, we can do this on a case by case basis, I just know that there are some among you who actually like the puny humans they've been bound to. I thought it only fair to give you the option."
>>
>>47379468

Your names , please, you all deserve that much.
>>
>>47379468
Ask what they all plan on doing once they get out of here. Can I atleast know your names, I feel a bit rude not addressing you all with them.

If the Seven Tails plans to return to Fu maybe try to get Shino on this, be best wingman darn it

Maybe ask for a tiny sample of everyone chakra so that we can talk like this again?
>>
>>47379468
>B. Ask what they intend to do. Their former Jinchuuriki are all out and about. The villages aren't going to just let the tailed beasts go back to the rampages of before.
>>
>>47379468

>>47379567
Ok i'm on board with the Fu/7 Tails/Shino thing.

>A.Yes, it's time to go
It was great meeting you all, what are your names it would be good to see you all again some time, bet you could give one hell of a history lesson
>>
>>47379539
>Now would be a good time to start your quest Wargle.
What're we talking about?
>>
>>47379468
Be seven tails and shino's bro, help him get with Fu by returning her friend to her (let shino do it)
>>
Guys I totally forgot what exactly did itachi and sasukes gain by switching eyes? Pretty sure itachi used susanoo before the operations
>>
>>47380627

Prevented both of them from going blind.

Wierd chakra genetics means if you get far enough down the sharigan route you go blind, unless you take a family members eyes.

They just cheated it.
>>
>>47380653
That response was fast as shit, thanks dude
>>
>>47380627
They get a boost to all their powers. Amaterasu burns hotter and is easier to control, Tsukuyomi has more detailed illusions, and Susanoo gets an extra layer of armor and legs so that it can walk instead of just sort of sliding around.
>>
Christ Laze, did you choke to death on your dinner?
>>
>>47380873
>I have to go eat dinner, might be gone for quite a while this time
Did you see that?
>>
>>47379545
>>47379547
>>47379567
>>47379570

Before you're ready to leave, you turn to the beasts one more time.

"I never got all of your names." you start. "I'd like to know them. Also, what do you all plan on doing now? Your jinchuuriki are all still about, if you want to return to them. You don't have to do so, although I don't think the villages would like it if you went back to rampaging like before."

Starting from the left, the tailed beasts go one by one.

"Well, you know me, kid." the One Tail says. "Shukaku. Just about the only beast that ever did get called by name. Lot of good it did me, huh? But anyway, I just want to go home back to my cave and not be bothered. Though if Gaara wants to take the time to swing by, I guess I might offer an apology or something..."

"Matatabi." the Two Tails introduces herself. "I was quite fond of Yugito, so I think I'll be returning to her."

"Once more, I am Isobu." The Three Tails goes next. "I really am feeling very tired after all of this. Taiyaki seems like the perfect place to take a nice long nap."

"I introduced myself earlier, but I am Son Goku." the Four Tails says. "I believe I made it clear before, but I will be returning to the Water Screen Cave. If you or Roshi wishes to visit, I'll gladly accommodate you."

"I am Kokuo." the Five Tails tells you. "I just wish to return to a peaceful life in my forest. Though perhaps I wouldn't mind Han's company occasionally, if he chose to stop by."

"Saiken." the Six Tails introduces himself. "There's a nice swamp with my name on it. Utakata and I are probably better off separate anyway, though I wish him the best."

"I am Chomei." the Seven Tails goes next. "I too plan on returning to my jinchuuriki. Fuu is a nice girl."

"About that..." you interrupt. "You think you could do me a favor, Chomei? Instead of just going straight to Fuu, you think you could go find Shino and have him 'deliver' you to her?"

>Continued
>>
>>47380873
Went to eat with the grandparents tonight, sorry about that
>>
>>47380908
No worries, man, I figured you'd be back eventually. And look, you were, my faith was rewarded.
>>
>>47380897
You know, it occurs to me only in hindsight that maybe asking Chomei to play wingman for someone trying to get with what is essentially his little sister might have been a bad idea. At the very least it's somewhat crass, even if he turns out not to mind.
>>
I'd been thinking about this for a while guys and now I really can't decide. During the timeskip should we travel the world like cannon Jiraiya? Or stay in konoha and become hokage? Let's face it guys, I'm pretty sure we are the best candidate for hokage at this point. We are on good standing with the leaders of the other villages and are one of the strongest ninja of the current generation.
>>
>>47380999
Well, I don't think Itachi plans to retire at any point in the near future, so we've got time to do some roaming if we want.
>>
>>47380999
I think Kon would want to travel the world like Jiraiya but Kon is a workhorse so he probably will stay in the village and aid it however he can.
>>
>>47380999
I think Kon should travel around a lot doing diplomatic shenanigans before becoming a jonin instructor like Kakashi.
>>
>>47380999
I think for this time skip between now and "the last" we could likly be playing it out. I'd suggest a little traveling around but, be there for Kuro's Tsuchikage ceremony. Visit the Sound to check they are behaving etc. Otherwise stick around as itachi may need us.
>>
>>47380897

"Shino? Is he the one with the bugs that I gave my chakra?" you nod at Chomei's inquiry. "I suppose I could. Seems like strange request to me, but I don't mind."

"Well you know me, Kon." the Eight Tails says. "I'm Gyuuki. And I'm not gonna just go off on my own now, so yeah. I'm going back to B."

"I think you're well aware of my name by now." Kurama chuckles. "There is no longer a seal here at all. I can come and go as I please. But I've made myself comfortable here. I will be staying."

"Now that all of our chakra has been here in Naruto, we can use this place to communicate at any time." Gyuuki explains. "The same should be true for you as well, Kon. You can show up here and call out to us whenever you want. Naruto can basically be our relay."

"Then I guess it's time to move on." you say. "Nice meeting you all."

The tailed beasts all give you a wave as you fade from Naruto's subconscious. You find yourself once more on the battlefield, shaking hands with Naruto. Everyone else seems to have been waiting for you two. Not long after you return, Naruto begins to stir as well. You unclasp your hands.

"Well, how did it go?" Kiba asks. "You guys get things worked out, or what?"

Everyone is looking at the two of you expectantly.

>A.Mention something you saw from Naruto (Write-in)

>B. Ask Naruto if he thinks any different after what he saw

>C.Other
>>
>>47381080
>A.Mention something you saw from Naruto (Man did Obito, Madara, and Zetsu take advantage of you. I don't think I could have walked away without punching Obito in the face repeatedly for what he did.
>>
>>47381080
>>A.Mention something you saw from Naruto
I missed judged you Naruto, my choice still stands, i'm sorry you went through all that, but now we can fix it, a new world.

>inb4 Naruto tells everyone Kon is actually utterly insane, all Naru heard we screaming voices and other nonsense
>>
>>47381080
>C. So, yeah. Things sucked for you. You got my condolences on that front. But my stance on the matter hasn't changed. If people want to undergo this willingly, with both parties consenting, that's fine. But I will fight any attempt by you or anyone else to force the issue.
>>
>>47381080
>>C.Other
Does Kon still have the first hokage's chakra power-up? If so, check out Jugo's mark on Kiba. Maybe we can resurrect him with it like Dosu did with Orochimaru.
>>
>>47381143
I honestly don't know what you guys are talking about with the screaming voices. For the majority of the quest we've been in agreement with one another and kept the waifu wars (mostly) civil. I just figured out that the voice in for Naruto is none other than Laze.
>>
>>47381080

>C. "You didn't see anything totally embarrassing, did you?"
>>
>>47381080
>A.
Three points.

1) "You remember what Nagato said? About Yahiko? How his desire to do good led to him being taken advantage of? Obito, Madara, and Black Zetsu have been taking advantage of you since you first met the masked bastard. Now they're dead, and you have a chance to be free, but you're still doing exactly what they wanted."

2) Suigetsu isn't even here, anymore. Jugo is dead. Karin nearly got the same. You remember what you said to Orochimaru when the Sound Four died? You can't just throw away the lives of the people who trust you. Yet you seem just as willing as he was to do that, not even questioning your goal even as your friends leave your side one by one.
3) Your Ninshu didn't work. I went through it with you and, even knowing all there is to know about you, I'm just as willing to do whatever I have to to stop you now as I was before.
>>
>>47381080
"Maybe. Naruto, I understand where you're coming from with your desire to connect everyone with ninshu. There is a great deal of wrong that is done in this world over misunderstanding and poor communication. But I don't believe this is the way to fix it. Understanding makes the world better because it allows us to better-respect each others' wishes and wills. So how can you force it upon someone, to defy their will for privacy to make them understand? It worked for us because we went into it willingly, but to force this level of communication and intimacy is a violation of those same principles you'd attempt to encourage. That doesn't mean it can't work, we could offer it up and leave it to the individuals' choice whether or not to accept ninshu. I would be perfectly happy with that. But not like this."
>>
>>47381237
>He sees the parallels between him and Tenten being oblivious about being crushed on.
>>
>>47381080
"From what I saw, a big part of who you are is wanting to trust people to make the right decision. Letting Kurama free of his seal, believing that he wouldn't do harm. Helping Orochimaru with his plans and experiments, hoping that he'd someday use his knowledge for good. Even working alongside your parents' murderer, all because you had faith that his plan really would help mankind. You want to believe in people. So why stop now? Don't force ninshu on mankind. Give them the choice. Wake them up, show them the option they now have, and let them decide their own fate. Don't you trust them enough to make the choice that's right for them?"
>>
>>47381403
thats clever..i like it
>>
>>47381403
This is really good but I'm pretty sure laze is writing already
>>
>>47381403
Seconding this.
>>
>>47381444
I was, but that's some good shit
>>
File: kon vs kakuzu.png (149 KB, 900x514) Image search: [Google]
kon vs kakuzu.png
149 KB, 900x514
Just some fan art.
>>
>>47381480
Oh, that's nice. Very good piece, there. Kind of got a parallelism thing going on, I like it.
>>
>>47381480
And that was the day Kon said fuck swords and broke the one he had been holding on to for years. ROPE KNYFE 4 LYFE
>>
>>47381480
I like it a lot, makes me want to use it for my background. I've enjoyed your pictures a lot in during my trek of the archives.

Can I request one of Kon being pulled by both Kuro and 10/10 to signify the waifu wars?

>>47381537
I agree anon. I agree.
>>
File: kon post war.png (124 KB, 441x900) Image search: [Google]
kon post war.png
124 KB, 441x900
Just an idea for slightly older Kon
>>
>>47381561
That actually sounds quite fun, ill get onto it but it'll likly appear next thread
>>
>>47381537
All the cool kids are using them these days. We've popularized it, now all the newly-graduated genin want one. Tenten's shop is doing great business, as a result.
>>
>>47381480
That's awesome. You should do one of Kakuzu holding a stack of cash while Kon does the same but with explosive tags.
>>
>>47381584
THE HOT VERSATILE WEAPON OF THIS SEASON! It's knife, a grappling hook, a tripwire, and a disarming tool. What's not to love!?
>>
>>47381403

You address Naruto.

"I can understand where you're coming from wanting to connect people with Ninshu. You had it pretty bad. But I still don't agree." you tell him. "From what I saw, a big part of who you are is wanting to trust people to make the right decision. Letting Kurama free of his seal, believing that he wouldn't do harm. Helping Orochimaru with his plans and experiments, hoping that he'd someday use his knowledge for good. Even working alongside your parents' murderer, all because you had faith that his plan really would help mankind. You want to believe in people. So why stop now? Don't force Ninshu on mankind. Give them the choice. Wake them up, show them the option they now have, and let them decide their own fate. Don't you trust them enough to make the choice that's right for them?"

Naruto closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

"You're right." Naruto sighs. "I thought this would be some big instant solution that would make everyone accept each other, but it's not. I learned a lot from your mind, but it was still all up to me whether to take it to heart or not. I saw your life. Your friends and family. Everything you had worked towards. It seemed... nice. I guess the world doesn't need something so drastic. Most of it, anyway. There are still going to be people out there suffering like I did. I still want to help them. But I guess I'll just have to stick to doing it one at a time. If it was me before, I wouldn't be able to stand the idea of letting anyone suffer for another second. But after seeing your memories, I know it's not worth getting rid of this world. It's still full of people trying to do good."

Naruto turns to Sasuke and holds out his hand.

"It's time to dispel it." Naruto says. "So I guess the ancient brother's feud ends here, huh?"

>Continued
>>
>>47381678
WHY DID HE SAY THAT
>>
>>47381696
Anon, why are you freaking out?
>>
>>47381696
Please don't screw this up, Sasuke. PLEASE. Just go "hngh", shake his hand, and nod.
>>
File: mydrinkingproblem.gif (993 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
mydrinkingproblem.gif
993 KB, 500x272
>>47381678
>"So I guess the ancient brother's feud ends here, huh?"
>>
>>47381678
>So I guess the ancient brother's feud ends here, huh?"
AAAWW I wanted to steal sasukes last battle with naruto
>>
>>47381715
Oh, right. Indra and Asura. I forgot about that.
W-well, we can calm our bro, Sauce, r-right guys?
>>
Sasuke don't fuck this up...come on man...come on
>>
All in favor of tazing the everloving fuck out of Sasuke if he fucks this up?
>>
oooh shit, SHIELDS UP AROUND NARUTO NOW, SHIELDS UP, SHIELDS UP
>>
>>47381678

"You're not Ashura, and I'm not Indra." Sasuke begins. "Though I'm his transmigrant, I never took his ideals. And it's because of the people that surrounded me. My friends and family. Just look at that last battle. I had become so powerful, yet I was separated and rendered useless. All this power didn't mean anything on my own. I owe everything to my friends. More accurate than saying the feud ends here, I'd say it was already over. I never had a feud with you to begin with."

Sasuke joins his hand to Naruto's and they perform the seal to release the Infinite Tsukuyomi. The sharinnegan fades from the moon, and the roots of the trees retreat. All the cocoons release their captives.

"It's finally over, huh?" Kiba says, looking around. "It doesn't quite seem real."

Everyone that was in the cocoons is still getting their bearings.

"Damn, having two sharingan is killing me." Kakashi Sensei complains. "Now that this is over, I need to go get my eye back."

>A.Talk to someone here (Write-in)

>B.Go look for somebody (Write-in)

>C.Just fucking dance or cheer or some shit

>D.Other
>>
>>47381770
Why is everyone freaking out?>>47381770
>>
>>47381779
>>C.Just fucking dance or cheer or some shit
>>
>>47381779
>>D.Other
Look at the seal on Kiba and use the last of the chakra power up to revive Jugo like Orochi.
>>
>>47381779
>D. "Great. Yay. The world is saved. Now I've had five different existential crises in the last hour, so I'm going to drink as much sake as humanly possible, then a few more bottles after that."
>>
>>47381779
>>A.Talk to someone here (Write-in)
Ok Naruto lets do the tailed beast thing, get then outta there.

>D
Just flop onto our back, take the mask off and fucking rest, let people come to us.
>>
>>47381779
Celebratory explosions! maybe impact fireworks?
>>
>>47381779
>B.Go look for somebody (Write-in)
Right, let's grab Sakura to swap some eyes around for Kakashi and Gai so Naruto can heal him like he offered to. Assuming that it's not too late, of course, Gai did open the Eighth Gate something like two hours ago at this point.
>>
>>47381779
>D.Other
"You're not fooling me! I know we're still under your jutsu."
>Attack naruto
>>
>>47381779
>>D. Shoot the biggest fucking kongosho you can at the moon
"There, now no one can threaten us this way ever again!"
>>
>>47381839
Naruto already healed Gai before this memory trip.

>>47381779
>>B.Go look for somebody (Write-in)
Ten-ten and Kuro, I guess.
>>
>>47381854
Hahahahahaha nope. We're not blowing up the Moon for another two years. I'm not having the fight with Toneri any sooner than we have to.
>>
>>47381816
wrong kind of seal bro, but i'd normally agree. Orochimaru could do it if it is possible but i doubt it is.

>>47381779
Find a place to prop ourself against and look badass, get the team to sit down and rest. let the adoring fans and Kage come to us.
>>
>>47381859
Oh, I must have forgotten. Well, just grab Sakura for the eye-swap, then.
>>
>>47381779

send kakashi to Sakura, lets go to the force who were fighting the captured Tenzo.
>>
>>47381913
Did uh... Did you say that sentence correctly?
>>
>>47381779
>>
>>47381924
more or less. Im pretty sure while we fought madara everyone else fought the giant wood golem with the Spiral Zetsu controlling Tenzo. like in canon
>>
>>47381801
>>47381831
>>47381834
>>47381876

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls0IE8uPp4g&index=19&list=PL3AC39BCAE0A97F85

You can't help yourself. You jump around a bit from sheer excitement, doing a spontaneous little dance, before sitting yourself down against a rock. It's finally over.

"Hey boss, glad we're done here." you hear Sarujizo say from your face. "But that's all I got in me. I gotta go take like a week long nap. See you later."

Sarujizo disappears. You'll have to remember to thank him later. You see Kakashi Sensei heading off to find Sakura and get his eye switched out, and most everyone else is realizing that the fighting is over. You can hear cheering beginning to erupt across the former battlefield. There isn't a person here that isn't celebrating.

You see Naruto release the tailed beasts, and they all start to go their separate ways, whether it's to find their jinchuuriki or just head home. You notice Chomei finding Shino and heading off with him.

Sasuke, Kiba, and Akamaru take seats next to you.

"We did it!" Kiba exclaims, wrapping his arms around you and Sasuke's shoulders. "It's over! It's all over!"

"We did." Sasuke smirks. "All our hard work payed off."

You can see people start to go around and celebrate together, just taking in the victorious atmosphere.

>A.Chill here with the team

>B.Go check on somebody (Write-in)

>C.Glad that's over. Let's go home

>D.Other
>>
>>47382058
>>A.Chill here with the team
Please save me, Kuro say she was going to start once the war was over
>>
>>47382058
>C.Glad that's over. Let's go home
Escape with the bros before 10/10 and kuro can find us.
>>
>>47382058
Let's just sit here for a while. And remember, fuck the moon.
>>
>>47382058
Time to ask the crew advice about our situation with 10/10 and Kuro! their reactions should be fun.
>>
>>47382058
We rest now
>>
>>47382058
>>D.Other
Confess to our true love, Sakura. The feelings were there the whole time... We just needed to realize them. I just think it's funny that if we seriously persued Sakura we could've ended up with her.
>>
>>47382058
>>47382081
Sure, lets see what the team says. Kiba ought to get a good laugh at least.
>>
>>47382058
>B.Go check on somebody (Write-in)
Itachi. He was in pretty bad shape. Also, Orochimaru would be with him, and we need to detain him before he gets away.
>>
>>47382058
There's nothing the three sages of the leaf can't accomplish!
>>
>>47382073
>>47382075
>>47382081
>>47382092
>>47382112

You decide to just relax here for a while. As you watch Naruto go around and try to heal anyone he can find that's still injured, a thought reemerges in your mind.

"Oh yeah..." you say aloud. "Hey guys, you think you could hear me out? Now that the war's over, I've got a new problem."

"Sure thing dude, what's up?" Kiba asks. "I don't know what could possibly be a problem after this, though!"

"I'm in kind of a... girl predicament." you admit. "Tenten and Kurotsuchi are both interested in me, and I don't know what to do."

Your teammates are silent for a while, but Kiba can't contain himself and starts laughing hysterically. Sasuke, probably just high on the atmosphere, just laughing lightly as well.

"Your toughest battle yet, huh?" Kiba says sarcastically, laughing all the while. "Those two girls are probably some of the strongest in the world, too! Good luck, dude!"

"Kon, I..." Sasuke calms himself. "I don't really know what to say. Just do what you feel like, I guess? Whatever, you'll figure it out. I know you've got this."

The complete absence of any advice is disappointing, but you can't help but stay in high spirits from the mood.

Eventually, ninja start to head back to camp, leaving the battlefield behind. Naruto and Karin stop at you guys.

"I think I'm going to travel around for a while just healing people and showing them how to perform Ninshu." Naruto tells you. "Then they can choose whether to do so or not. It's not the fastest way to make the world better, but I can still make a difference. I'll be sure to come to the Leaf some time."

"Oh, you still have some learning to do, Naruto." Orochimaru approaches. "That healing ability is remarkable, but it's limited by your knowledge. If you spent some more time under me, you could learn to heal any injury or disease. There wouldn't be a single ailment you could not treat. Now wouldn't that just be fascinating?"

>Continued
>>
>>47382383

"Urgh..." Naruto groans. "More learning? I thought I was done with that."

"You never stop learning my boy, and I have quite a bit left to learn from you as well." Orochimaru replies. "But it will have to wait anyway. I'm off to meet with the Hokage once he wakes up. We've got quite a lot to talk about."

Orochimaru heads back to camp, and you see that nearly every other shinobi has done the same. There is probably going to be a huge party going all day before things actually get organized again. Sasuke and Kiba start to head towards camp as well, while Naruto and Karin turn to go another direction.

>A.Stop them

>B.Head back to camp and PARTAY

>C.Go back to camp and look for someone (Write-in)

>D.Go back to camp and just crash. You are way too tired

>E.Other
>>
>>47382397
>>D.Go back to camp and just crash. You are way too tired
Even if we could, we're too tired to do anything.
>>
>>47382397
>>B.Head back to camp and PARTAY
But try to get the girls there with us, hopefully stuff will happen and good times will be had, and Shino see how it went
>>
>>47382397
>>B.Head back to camp and PARTAY
>>
>>47382397
>>C.Go back to camp and look for someone (Write-in)
Find 10/10 and Kuro, we shall face disaster directly!
>>
>>47382397
>>A.Stop them
Tell Naruto to go get Hinata before he leaves, it's only fair.
>>C.Go back to camp and look for someone (Write-in)
Take a nap with both waifus for maximum cuteness (have Deikada sneak in there too because she is pure)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.