[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adeptus Titanicus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7
File: adeptus-titanicus-banner.jpg (94 KB, 400x795) Image search: [Google]
adeptus-titanicus-banner.jpg
94 KB, 400x795
Let's discuss our feelings.

>GW announces they are bringing back Epic!

AWESOME!

>Going to start with just Titans, infantry and tanks added later

Okay, I can get behind that

>8mm

Honestly, fine. The 6mm infantry will look better so we really aren't missing out on too much. Can't wait to see the new models.

>Set in the HH era

Alright. GW. WHY. Why would you cut out all those Xenos races?! Tau, Necrons, Nids... all this potential...

Is anyone else sick and goddamn tired of the HH setting? Just Marines vs Marines all day long?
>>
>>47355055
>Why would you cut out all those Xenos races?!

Because thats the setting of the original game and now that they have a full HH expansion they can tag this game to the popularity of the other while being as cautious as possible with this investment while you test the waters for further support of Titanicus.

Besides there wont be marines in Titanicus so I dont know why you bitch about that.

I'll buy into this shit day 1, hated the 28mm titans for being too fucking big but smaller scale ones are all that I wanted. You could even have this game for a campaign, have titan battles before 40k battles to decided who has superiority in a certain area, some people did that with BFG and you can easily do it with this!.
>>
>>47355213

I also hate, hate, hate GW's attempt at making 40k's 28mm epic-tarded-huge battles. No one has fun playing that large of a game that lasts a weekend.

I'm going to buy the shit out of 8mm Titan game. I do hope they get infantry and other vehicles in their quickly.

And eventually all the races.
>>
>>47355055
>Tau
Fuck em
>Necrons
Would've been nice
>Nids
Eh...
>>
>>47355408

Alright well Orks and Eldar as well.

Basically if it's HH its all Marines, no Xenos.
>>
>>47355408
>>47355055
>Necrons
>titans

pick one.
>>
>>47355521

Necrons on an Epic 40k scale.

And shit, it wouldn't be hard to give them some Titan-level weaponry.
>>
File: The_Setekh.png (268 KB, 279x603) Image search: [Google]
The_Setekh.png
268 KB, 279x603
>>47355521
I pick both and you cant stop me!.
>>
>>47355055
I am decidedly unexcited.

I fucking love Epic. I can't give a fuck about titan only fights or spess mehreen mirror-match fights.

The diversity in tactics that comes from having a lot of options for forces each with their own distinct style is a big part of what makes Epic good. Resetting the game releases back to the '88-'89 is not something that's going to get me to play.
>>
>>47355055
They already stated the other races will trickle in with time.
>>
>>47355839
I know you don't play 30k so you think all marines are the same but the legion specific units and rules make the various legions all very different. Also Solar Auxilia, Mechanicum, Knight Houses and Imperial Militia/Warp Cults add even more variety. People who say "all the armies in HH are all the same!" come off as just ignorant nowadays after HH has been out for so long.
>>
>>47355968
They're not really going to be that different when they're boiled down to 6 (well, 8mm) troops though.
It's not like kitting things up with tons of different thematic wargear is going to be a thing, more proportions of troop types and a couple of special rules. Space marines gotta work like space marines when it comes to that size/style of game.
>>
>>47355055

Is there a link to the info?
>>
>>47355725
But there's just one.
>>
This sounds neat. There are lot of Titan weapons, aren't there?

And you can have Knights supporting your Titan, too.
>>
>>47355968

I'm not trolling, but how different can that many Space Marines REALLY be, especially when they all have the same stat line? Can you give me some examples?
>>
>>47356158
>stat line is everything in an army's playstyle

retard alert.
>>
>>47356029
Considering the EpicAU guys have already made a pretty decent rules set for Heresy era Legions and they all play pretty different, I'm going to have to say you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>47356158

http://epicau.com/mw/index.php/Main_Page
>>
>>47356189

Awesome example, you really showed me.
>>
>>47356029
What does scale have to do with anything. Army variety is in the rules not how the models look. Especially at 6mm. Have you played Epic before?
>>
>>47356317

The titans will be noticeably different, but I actually think the 6mm infantry is going to go better with 8mm models.
>>
>>47356333
Not what I was talking about but ok.
>>
>>47355331
>No one has fun playing that large of a game that lasts a weekend.

Speak for yourself, every Apocalypse game I've played has been fun as fuck.

And I even won one of them
>>
>>47356081
Like that matters when there's models to be sold.
>>
>>47356158
In Epic statlines reprsent the unit not individual marines. So Tactical, Support, Heavy Support, Assault marines etc. all have different stats, special rules and upgrade options to reflect the role of the unit.
>>
The original Epic started with just Marines too.
>>
>>47356052
http://recalcitrantdaze.blogspot.com.au/2016/05/warhammer-fest-2016-part-four-lord-of.html

Here's a summary, just scroll past the Lotr stuff
>>
If they do introduce xenos it better be great crusade era xenos like the Rangdan, Psybrids and Interex. Fuck tau, necrons and tyranid bullshit
>>
File: great Gargant new ork.jpg (629 KB, 1266x706) Image search: [Google]
great Gargant new ork.jpg
629 KB, 1266x706
>>47355055
Who cares?
You will get a handfull of Ogryn Sized Titans for 135,-€

I rather play with my 40k Titans and Gargants
>like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdfqQ1FMLVA&list=PLy55WVLwDMPlyr7qFDehv8aCI9wnuDvZd&index=28
>>
>>47356693
>>47357494
>I don't like thing
>So other people shouldn't get thing
>>
>>47355477
I'm hoping that Daemons are playable. I got a bunch of proxies from Microworld games which look nice.
>>
>>47357494
>literally a garbage gargant.
Looks like total shit desu.
>>
>>47357585
It's called an opinion. Learn to deal with it kid.
>>
File: Tomb Stalker.jpg (110 KB, 1145x734) Image search: [Google]
Tomb Stalker.jpg
110 KB, 1145x734
>>47355725
Also this.
>>
>>47358281
>my opinions are the only valid ones
>>
File: Greens.jpg (61 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Greens.jpg
61 KB, 250x250
>>47355331
>attempt at making 28mm epic

Know how I know you're an idiot?
Because if you'd read the freely-available Apocalypse book, you would not now be spouting all this HATE nonsense on 4chan.
>>
>>47358691
You really don't know how opinions work do you? Seriously, if you're that thinskinned, you should stay off of 4chan until you're 18.
>>
>Horus Heresy setting invented for original Adeptus Titanicus game
>retarded xenofags surprised and shocked when reboot does the same
>>
kinda hyped... because I like small minis.
>>
>>47355055
>Just Marines vs Marines all day long?

GeeDub logic. Muhreens sell better than anything else. Make all the games Good Muhreens vs Evil Muhreens.
>>
>>47355055
I've always wanted to try Epic.

Hopefully this game will have good rules, be fun, and be semi-popular.
>>
>>47355055
>Just Marines vs Marines all day long?
It says it right there in your post they're going to start with titans
TITANS
TIT
ANS
>>
>>47358691
My father always said that opinions are like shit. Everybody has one, nobody likes them, and they're best kept to yourself.
>>
>>47360660
Your father is a retard.
>>
File: bloat.jpg (887 KB, 2414x842) Image search: [Google]
bloat.jpg
887 KB, 2414x842
>>47355331
Here, I tried to illustrate your points. Something I should have stressed is that when an army shot is in the 3e codex, commentary is given so that players can grasp WHY that is an army and how they should make their own. In 7e random army shots are thrown together without any context beyond LOOK HUGE. GW does not make any attempt currently to help players figure out what is fair on their own and what 7e is designed for. Shit, I personally have no idea what 7e is designed for even after playing a little of it.

For a company whose main game now has a massive burnout rate, they no longer give any sign of caring about getting fresh blood into the system.
>>
>>47360660
>Move over MLK you just have a shitty opinion.
Your father is a dumb fuck and so are you by extension.

Where do you live so I can avoid it?
>>
>>47360660
>opinions are like shit.

No, no, no.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, and they're usually full of shit.
>>
I hope someone makes a decent general of this next time. This thread is what some anons here would consider an opinion.

Shit.
>>
>>47357494
>;3
Can't unsee.
>>
>>47360689

Anon, this is an excellent image. Thank you.
>>
Do they plan on adding Knights ? Not a big fan of Titans but a small chivalrous army based on the Knights of the Round table would be something for me.
>>
>>47362102
If the Titans sell well enough I'm sure they'll expand into knights. If it doesn't then I'm sure it'll have the same fate as Aeronautica Imperialis.
>>
>>47360839
*MLK, Jr.

Didn't have his own opinions. He plagiarized in college and his speeches were ghost written by his commie handlers while he was out beating hookers to get his rocks off.
>>
The fact that it's getting a PC game is fucking awesome.
>>
>>47355331
You set the point limit you fucking tool
>>
>>47362055
Also note that the 3rd edition army is heavily converted, inspiring people to make their own stuff.

New codexes have none of that.
>>
>>47364977
>heavily converted
No, it isn't.
>>
>>47360689
That 7th edition shot looks like about 2000 points which is the best points.

What's the problem?
>>
>>47365340
Also, that shot from the 3rd edition codex is not a typical 3rd edition army, thats about 1000 points. It is a typical 2nd edition army though.
>>
File: AuldShul.jpg (85 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
AuldShul.jpg
85 KB, 250x250
>>47355585
>it wouldn't be hard

It's never hard to sell the people what we like, but it's always been GW's sickness that they're simply too busy demanding we buy what THEY like to do that. 8mm not!epic is a perfect example of providing a product for which no one - outside of their little Nottingham bubble - has ever asked.
>>
>>47363037
>i speak with authority
>about the super secret vices
>of long-dead civil rights leaders

Since anonymity makes your race irrelevant, your post speaks directly to the content of your character and ably demonstrates why unsupported assertion on the internet is more often calculated slander than mere ignorant opinion. I realize you're probably too stupid to realize why, but I thank you.
>>
>>47365340
The problem is that 28mm makes perfect sense when the model count is low and the rules are detailed, but absolute retardation when there's a hundred dudes on the table.

>>47365506
In 3rd edition it was common to play 750, 1000, 1200 or 1500 point games. 1000 points is absolutely typical of the time, especially for tournaments or pickup games.
>>
>>47355055
>8mm
It's the only way we'll ever get space marine tanks that are the right size for 6mm scale space marines, so that's one good thing to come out of it, but obviously I would have preferred to get cool 6mm titans.

>Set in the HH era
It's where you saw the most amount of titan on titan violence, when so many of the titan legions sided with horus. If the game is going to focus on titan vs titan combat, it makes perfect sense, and you wouldn't need as much chaos greebles on the titans initially so the same model works fine for both sides.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.