[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dickest move you've ever made in tabletop (in or out of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1453364524655.jpg (43 KB, 582x741) Image search: [Google]
1453364524655.jpg
43 KB, 582x741
>So our first mistake is our group has 3 DMs that rotate every 2 months.
>Now one of DMs never really understood trpgs.
>To him, it was all about, "Kill the things, and then grab the Stuff."
>To his credit, he would role-play when he was playing, but it was more a means to an end.
>If it didn't give him equipment or gold, talking was a waste of time.
>His campaigns were of a similar philosophy.
>No real story, just excuses and contrivances for us to crawl through whatever the setting's equivalent of a dungeon.
>It was fun for the first one or two times, but got old real fast.
>Didn't help that at some point he just started reusing dungeons with a hastily add new coat of "paint" slapped on.
>So me and the rest group decide to make some fun of our own next time he DMs.
>The last session before his, he announces that his latest campaign will be set in the wild west.
(1/2)
>>
>>47351351
>One of the party members mentions something about "Duels at high noon"
>"Yeah, Yeah, plenty of fucking duels, just for you Dave."
>Keep thinking about the word duels as a drive home.
>Just something about that word.
>Then it hit me.
>Call up the rest of the party, tell them I have an idea for all our characters.
>Everyone gets on board with the plan.
>Next session, everyone is strangely hyped. That DM assumes we're just excited for him.
>Games starts with no exposition, just "you are a bunch of lawmen/bounty hunters, clear out this bandito den."
>Doesn't even ask about our backstories, or even looks at the character sheets
>Generic bandito walks up to our characters and tells us to fuck off or get shot.
>I challenge him to a duel, right here and right now.
>If he loses, he and his gang fucks off back to Mexico, and if I lose we surrender and submit ourselves as prisoners.
>A charisma check later tells me that he accepts.
>"Very well, I pull out my deck of children's trading cards."
>DM looks at me like I just took a shit on his grandma's grave.
>As we all start to laugh, he slowly realizes that the entire party is a bunch of yugioh duelists.
>We even made the decks that our characters would use in universe and brought them with us.

We were all murdered by Indians five sessions in, but I'm amazed we lived this long with the tomb of horrors style bullshit he was throwing at us.
>>
>>47351351
I shameless asked a GM once to retcon like half a campaign because I didn't like my character choice.

To my credit, I had chosen to play a wizard my first time playing Pathfinder, and all the steps involved with spell selection and save-calculations was grinding the game to a halt.
>>
>>47351723
Half of the campaign ?
Jesus.
>>
I am kind of jealous of you guys. I always wanted to play GM but I dont know anyone that would like to play.
>>
>>47351778
I kept putting it off because I didn;t wana disrupt the group even though everyone was growing more and frustrated with it.

I actually tried to get my character killed originally once I made up my mind, but the DM just got mad at me for doing that, so at that point I was just like "Well, me playing this character is causing problems, so unless you just wana say I was a Magus (swordy mage) this whole time, I might as well drop until next session." and he pretty much went for it.
>>
>>47351870
*drop out until next campaign.

FFS phone-typing is balls.
>>
>>47351870
At which point I proceeded to play the game never learning, preparing, or casting any spells with saves. I pretty much played my character as a fighter with a fire-sword.
>>
>>47351903
Oh ok. I don't know why, but I thought you straight up just nu52'd your campaign or someshit.
>>
>>47351374

Kek
>>
>>47352140
As brief as it was, It was the most fun I've ever had.
>>
I killed the queen of the country and force married the king because I wanted to be queen. Then I killed their children because I wanted mine to follow.

None of this was subtle either, I was playing a viking-style jarl, so the killing was done with an axe. Well, except for one who I strangled and threw off a balcony.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.