[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mordheim help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Mordheim.gif (36 KB, 213x300) Image search: [Google]
Mordheim.gif
36 KB, 213x300
Fa/tg/uys I call apon your aid as I need your assistance for some campaign ideas, soon some friends and I will be starting a mordheim campaign, with which there will be a cork board map divided in to sections, controlling a section will grant various boons to the controlling gang, thats is why I call for your help, so far;

Bugmans bar - in this section lies a dilapidated franchise of bugmans, own by an ex-adventuer, grants 1 free random mercenary to the controlling gang

Sewers - multiple small areas spread across the board, allows acess to areas not in direct contact with controlling gangs borders

And this is as far as I got before my mind went blank, any ideas for areas or bonuses would be amazing
>>
>>47326379
Don't have every section give a bonus, and don't let people "control" more than one location at time.

That makes it far too chaotic, potentially too hard to dislodge them, and doesn't make much sense with the "group of 6-12 men creeping through the scary ruins of a tainted city" aspect of Mordheim.

That being said, I'd do some more minor stuff like
>A defender controlling the Brewery automatically pass the first Rout check they are called upon to make, and may not voluntarily rout, as the men want to keep their hands on the Beer
>Defenders controlling the Wizard's Tower can see enemies coming, and add +1 to checks to deploy first and have the first turn
>People on docks can attack any other docks location

So forth.
Don't have big stuff, have minor but cool effects.
Mordheim's about searching the entire city for Wyrdstone shards, not about fortifying one location and holding it off against all comers.
>>
>>47326523
See the fortifying part is not a problem with my group, as they have a tendency to gang up on any one that's actually winning, and thus abusing the rules of multiple gang warfare, the larger bonuses would be for large areas, with many smaller 'border' territories in between, so a gang that wishes to gain the bar would have to either win 4-5 gang fights to expand there and then hold it, or be incredibly successful on their exploration rolls, another one I was thinking;

The doktor - the doktor is in - once campaign month controlling play may roll 1d6 for that amount of bonus xp, though on the roll of a 1 player must roll on the head critical table after the doktors 'tinkering' goes wrong
>>
>>47326740
The fortifying part is not a "game balance" problem, is that's Mordheim's not a game about holding up in the city.

After every mission you're heading out of the city to buy/sell items and shards in the camps outside. "Holding territory" doesn't really make much sense in that kind of situation.

Especially when Warbands are as small as they are.
>>
>>47326802
Holding territory allows you to control your supply lines in and out of the city, why would you find a nice pile of wyrd stone, only to not secure the area for future exploration and exploitation? Think of this more along the way necromunda areas worked and not just from a fluff standpoint as this campaign will be running for a long time
>>
>>47326956
>Supply Lines
>Secure the area
You are thinking of a game vastly different to Mordheim.
You have a group of 10 guys, who usually have to murder each other to death with swords and daggers, wearing usually at best some leathers, losing eyes, limbs, and dying in the crumbling remains of a horrible dark, cold city, for some shards of a corruptive crystal.

You would have neither the time, income, support, backing or know-how to usually do what you're saying.
And the moment you did, the Skaven alone would descend upon you to murder you to death horribly.

The only reason Mordheim hasn't been completely and overrun by millions of Skaven is that Clan Eshin has so far managed to keep the secret that there's a massive amount of Wyrstone, under wraps from the rest of the Underempire.

The moment anyone tries to build up anything in Mordheim, that would draw the attention of the other clans, as well as every other Warband in the city.

In short, it's a stupid idea, you don't have the resources, and the distribution of Wyrdstone within the city makes it pointless.
>>
>>47327831
Who says you have to only have like ten guys, why not 500gold scouts in various sections.. With holding more then one location very expensive
>>
>>47328680
Because no fun allowed
>>
What rules set were you planning on using OP?

I'm also looking into playing a fantasy skirmish game with some friends and Wyrd Wars looked pretty good to me.
>>
>>47328965
http://home.deds.nl/~mordheim/MordheimRulebook.pdf
>>
A cellar full of secret passengers and is only accessible via password and is also an armory
>>
I had a question, when someone is knocked down, any wound automatically kills them. What if they're knocked down next to a ledge, does the automatic wound they take from falling down kill them?
>>
>>47327831

Have it be Frostgrave instead or something, or a different city instead of Mordheim, or an "alternate universe" version of Mordheim that allows for different rules, or a different fantasy setting with the serial numbers filed off. "Pure" canon might say no, but you're not beholden to it in absolute.

In that case, you could bargain and compete for control of city sections, establish bases of operations, control locations for bonuses, garrison henchmen for defense and reserve, and equip a team for longer expeditions with proper equipment and funding.

Hell, if that's too grating against canon, make it all Skaven clans, and they're basically doing that anyway just in secret. Even have NPC adventure groups as random antagonist encounters and objectives.
>>
A shop with the best discounts and can repair stuff for free
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.