[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell me about religions in your setting, /tg/. The gods, the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: temp4.jpg (204 KB, 1280x658) Image search: [Google]
temp4.jpg
204 KB, 1280x658
tell me about religions in your setting, /tg/. The gods, the rituals, the political stances etc.
>>
>>47316503
The only particularly coherent group is the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter-Day Saints and their associated space empire.

The majority of the faiths in the setting are based on regional folklore and superstition.
>>
I run a fantasy setting with cults to gods that actually exist as characters. No, we don't care about originality at all. Hail Gygax.

>>47316873
Regional folklore and superstition such as?
>>
>>47316503
The not!church is giant worldwide operating organization, that actually doesn't hold much power over how rituals should be done and the gods should be worshipped. They represent the only true gods, a pantheon that in the former ages came down to earth, most of the time to fix something or save some races. Though you get a lot of freedom on how to worship god x in your tiny village, there may be a point when the local priest will contact one of the big ass centers of this not!church to investigate if you didn't got this all wrong. Because demons are fucking everywhere and you'll never know if this is just a disguise for something bad.
>>
>>47316503
It's a realistic setting so there's obviously no religions.
>>
File: broad city bazinga2.gif (1 MB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
broad city bazinga2.gif
1 MB, 245x250
>>47318214
what
>>
There's a number since we as players created the gods for the setting. The only one that stood out to me was the mostly human religion for the most part, even if it was pretty magical realm.
>>
File: 1431378880271.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1431378880271.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>degree in political science/cultural studies
>love writing interesting settings with complicated plots
>no one to play with
Life is suffering /tg/.
>>
I don't remember this scene
>>
>>47318493
tell us about them, anon. Maybe it'll aliviate your suffering.
>>
>>47317304
>Regional folklore and superstition such as?
irrelevant shit about local wildlife or visible celestial bodies that has no bearing on anything
>>
My setting features three 'major' religions

>Matrilineal cult wherein political power and position in the faith is based on drawing your ancestry to magical woman who became a goddess. Women are considered divine and men compete endlessly for the right to marry and father children.

>Religion based on the idea of a democratic heaven with no 'god'. Effectively all the people who go to heaven get a vote on the way the universe is run. People believe that the stars represent spirits that are in heaven who will intercede on your behalf if you can find the right star, know the right prayers, and are sufficiently 'spiritually pure' (not a dick). Order of warrior-scholars roam around spreading their beliefs, learning/teaching astronomy, and protecting the faithful.

>Pagan religion based on the god who holds the 'book of life and death.' If your name is written into the book you start to exist, when your name is struck out you die. Whether you're an ant or the sun that book can fuck you up.. God is more of an uncaring observer, but his three daughters are all up in mortal business, representing Commerce and Community, Battle and Justice, and Magic and Trickery respectively.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.