[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FE Quest: Silver Scales of the Past - Part 26
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13
File: fireemblemsmashlogo.jpg (15 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fireemblemsmashlogo.jpg
15 KB, 500x500
>You are one of three characters: Samson, a spoiled bard, Dyrus, an axe-wielding rebel's son, or Rene, an orphan adopted by a high-ranking Director of an ominous empire, now a prepromoted archer-lancer. POV will rotate between them on a thread-by-thread basis, with an off-chance that someone else might occasionally take a chapter.

>These protagonists' motivations and goals will very likely come into conflict with one another's.

>Character Death is always a possibility and sometimes an inevitability (this is Fire Emblem after all), but your actions can very easily influence who lives and who dies.

>Voting periods will last an average of ten to fifteen minutes, but this may be increased, decreased, or generally changed at any given moment based on voter turnout.

>Write-ins are encouraged.

>The previous threads are archived on suptg under "Silver Scales of the Past," and a pastebin summarizing each one's events will be provided at the start of the next, like so: http://pastebin.com/q3pU0SAF

>A list of all current summaries and threads: http://pastebin.com/E9sXAcBx

>Our update Twitter is qmgrandflocto, and we have an ask.fm also under ask.fm/qmgrandflocto

>Preempting any memesters in the audience tonight. /qst/ is a trial board, and I am not currently under any obligation to migrate there.
>>
File: Myunit.png (109 KB, 360x162) Image search: [Google]
Myunit.png
109 KB, 360x162
Cashmere, now regional Director, demonstrates uncharacteristic emotion at Chiffon's reported demise, Rene and Cicero only able to watch, feeling bittersweet. The Empire has retained its allies, but they have reason to suspect that foul play is involved, not to mention the cost of another friend's life. Sure, Saye was never found by her possibly-treacherous companion in the aftermath of the horrifically botched peace meeting, but all too often "never found the body" translates to "died alone."

A short time ago, however, Dyrus and the rest of the resistance were also none the wiser to these yet-to-fail plans of Chiffon's, expecting only a meeting with Chief Tien of the Tarvosians as they finally cross into the Wolfskin valley, followed by further warfare and the eventual moving on towards the challenges of the capital region. Soon enough, however, Hauteclere's group will encounter their presumed enemy as well as their predetermined friends...

Samson, in all his disconnect, isn't even about to fight the Empire, but a common enemy of his and theirs: the Dory trade company, pirates in all but name, openly-admitted smugglers, unscrupulous and conniving criminals who hope to control the coastline and beyond after the Empire inevitably dies. Thus, Samson hopes to subvert their goals by claiming their home island, Nevasa, in the name of the Holmstead resistance.

>A. Be Samson
>B. Be Dyrus
>>
>>47341502
>B. Be Dyrus
>>
File: NedataFE9.png (36 KB, 198x257) Image search: [Google]
NedataFE9.png
36 KB, 198x257
>>47341502
How long've I been calling it Nevasa? It's supposed to be Nedata Island, not the Daein Capital.

I am very not on the ball lately.
>>
File: dyrusportrait.png (4 KB, 128x158) Image search: [Google]
dyrusportrait.png
4 KB, 128x158
>>47341527
You are now Dyrus. Heavily has your mind been occupied by thoughts of revenge, answers, and since you began to pass through the mountain range separating the desert from the Eastern regions of the Empire, your training has reflected that.

You've taken up your old habit of sparring with Laurise in earnest, again under the watchful eye of your grandfather and Via. Your mother, you all reason, would sooner die than see you underprepared for battle ever again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZJMLa49F9s

"I'm not as fragile as I used to be," she warns, twirling a dulled Bronze Sword around. Tucked into her cloak is a training-based Thunder tome known as Sparks, deliberately weak as all hell.

"I'd certainly hope not!" You announce, feeling the dulled axe in your hands.

"Are we fighting to disarmament, grandfather?" Your sister asks.

"No. A real warzone offers no such liberty," Lord Darren responds. "This match will last until I declare otherwise."

"I won't allow either of you to maim the other," Via semi-helpfully tacks on, "so have fun~."

Right, so it looks like Laurise is already stepping back a bit, withdrawing her tome to shock you into submission...

>A. Bear it and then strike back
>B. Rush now!
>C. Throw the axe!
>D. Focus on dodging
>E. Write-in response
>>
>>47341704
>C. Throw the axe!
Assuming it works under Fire Emblem range 1-2 axe logic. Boomeraxes.
>>
>>47341799
It's not a Hand Axe, but there's nothing physically stopping him from throwing a light enough axe, as was established in the prologue. He'll just need to get it back the hard way if it's not specifically designed for throwing.
>>
>>47341840
Eh, I'll switch over to rushing then. Better to not lose hand of our weapon the second the fight begins.
>>
>>47341923
You rush towards your sister, weapon drawn, bearing the brunt of a mild electric shock. The look on her face tells you that you took her by surprise, so perhaps she was thinking you would try to throw it like your previous match.

"Agh-!" Laurise stumbles back onto one knee, dropping her tome onto the grass below.

"Thought I was a one-trick pony?" You ask, tauntingly. "I can swing my axe without letting go of it, too, you know!"

"Get back up, Laurise," your grandfather barks. "The match is not over!"

Giving up on fumbling for her tome, Laurise switches back to the sword, springing towards you and swinging towards your axe hand. She's still quite close to where you stand.

>A. Try to block the blow
>B. Try to dodge
>C. Counter with a swing of your own!
>D. Skip ahead to humiliating defeat
>E. Write-in response
>>
>>47341997
>C. Counter with a swing of your own!
>>
File: DimeThunder.jpg (83 KB, 562x350) Image search: [Google]
DimeThunder.jpg
83 KB, 562x350
>>47342069
You focus your efforts on striking her instead, leaving you wide open for the attack that your sister was already making.

Though struck in the side instead of on your hand, you're still thrown off enough for her to easily swerve out of the way of your next swing, rolling away to pick up her Sparks tome and blowing you back with it.

"Hrgh..." You start to your legs, tingling and fumbling around for your axe.

Laurise, meanwhile, says quite frankly, "if I'd been using Dime Thunder or a real sword, you would've been killed thrice over by now! I know you think you can just be a wildcard in battle, but..."

"Your sister has a point," grandpa says, looking sternly towards you. At some point, your mother, carrying that fledgling silver wyvern of hers, approached by him and Via's side. He takes a long pause before officially calling the match to a close, as though daring you to prove him wrong, during which Laurise keeps her eyes on you.

>A. Do something cool before he can call it! (suggestions required!)
>B. Attack!
>C. Yeah, she wins
>D. Write-in dialogue
>E. ...
>>
>>47342191
>C. Yeah, she wins
>>
>>47342191
>>C. Yeah, she wins
>>
>>47342500
"Grh... I thought I had it, too."

"You did have the upper hand at first," Darren explains, "but when the situation required you to play defensive for a moment, you kept playing aggressively."

"This is precisely why you were nearly killed by Director Cato," Hauteclere chastises as the wyvern demands more petting. "You have no caution in your fighting style, so the instant anything goes wrong, you open yourself up to an immediate and gruesome death."

"Sorry..."

"Don't apologize," your mother answers, "grow more cautious. Be prepared for anything to go wrong at any point."

"Mother, I think he gets it," Laurise answers. "There's no need to hammer it in so..."

"Did Director Cato lighten her point when she met with your brother?!" Your mother snaps. "Will the Wolfskin be at all 'light' when they fight us?"

"Hauteclere, please..." Darren urges.

"...I lost my cool there, I admit," your mother says, no less stern in her calmer tone, "but I'm entirely right. Either fight less recklessly or retire from battle, Dyrus."

>A. You can't just give up!
>B. You will..!
>C. You'll be fine!
>D. Sorry
>E. Write-in response
>F. ...
>>
>>47342689
>>
>>47342689
>>
File: axelord.png (16 KB, 148x125) Image search: [Google]
axelord.png
16 KB, 148x125
>>47342764
"But I... I won't just give up because I'm falling behind!" You insist.

"I figured you would say that," your mother responds, shaking her head. "Then it can't be helped... I'll be overseeing your training from now on."

"But mom, aren't you going to be busy with all your... Revolutioning?"

"Too busy for my son's survival? Hardly."

"But grandpa's the one who's always taught me how to fight with an axe..."

"And I'm growing old, Dyrus," he answers, "I'm not as fast or as skilled as I once was, and I'm only getting weaker. Your mother is in her prime and a better warrior than I was in mine."

"I..." You steel yourself, nodding. "Alright. If it means being strong enough to keep helping on the battlefield..."

"My training will not be easy," your mother promises. "I would never endanger you as I would by half-assing that."

>A. Skip ahead to the next plot point
>B. Spend time with someone (specify)

(fucking hell my laptop keeps freezing up/lagging)
>>
Just reset my laptop to hopefully unfuck it so. Might be a minute.
>>
>>47343046
>B. Spend time with someone (Laurise)
>>
>>47343046
>B. Spend time with Laurise
>>
>>47343084
Took long enough, but it's sorta-kinda okay-ish now, so. Starting post now.
>>
>>47343170
The next day, after a morning of rigorous pre-breakfast workouts courtesy of your mother, you and your sister sit around in a field on the edge of Garou valley.

"I feel like my... Everything's going to fall off," you say, exasperated. "Did mom work you this hard?"

"Not physically, no," Laurise admits, "but I studied enough around the Tordo mountains that it gives me a headache NOT to be reading for long."

"Mom certainly wants the best out of us, huh?" You ask.

"You can say it again," she answers. "We're going to be inheriting whatever becomes of the world after this, after all. We'll have a lot of responsibility on our hands for the foreseeable future!"

"I know, but... I swear, she's been more on edge since we came to this valley than she was anytime I've seen her... I mean, uh, besides when I almost died."

"You know why that is, Dyrus," your sister says, looking at the ground sadly.

"Er... Right..." You start.

>A. We'll avenge him
>B. ...
>C. We're killing ourselves stressing over it
>D. Write-in response
>>
>>47343387
>A. We'll avenge him
>>
>>47343387
>A. We'll avenge him
>>
>>47343387
>A. We'll avenge him
>>
File: NomadGBAIcon.gif (2 KB, 76x72) Image search: [Google]
NomadGBAIcon.gif
2 KB, 76x72
>>47343426
"Hey," you reassure her, "we'll finally find who did it so he can rest."

"That's awfully optimistic of you," your sister answers, "but... that's always been what people like about you."

Shortly after, your conversation is interrupted by the sound of horses. Two, ridden by a pair of men, one young and one a bit older.

"Blue hair, short, look about fifteen or sixteen..." The younger, less experienced-looking of the two turns to face the older. "They match the description of her kids, Chief."

"Let's not rush to conclusions, Nahuel," the older man answers, before looking to you two. "Tell me, you two. What is your business in this valley?"

>A. Introduce yourselves
>B. Let Laurise handle this
>C. Who's asking?!
>D. Revolution!
>E. Write-in response
>>
>>47343577
>A. Introduce yourselves
>>
>>47343577
>A. Introduce yourselves
>>
File: Nomad_trooperGBAIcon.gif (2 KB, 76x72) Image search: [Google]
Nomad_trooperGBAIcon.gif
2 KB, 76x72
>>47343743
"I'm Dyrus, and this is my twin sister Laurise!" You answer on both of your behalves. "We're here for-"

"Dyrus," Laurise chastises in a harsh whisper, "you can't give everything away like that just because a stranger asked nicely!"

You begin to whisper back, "but it's obvious that they're-"

"Forgive my failure to introduce us," the older horse-archer says. "I am Tien, chief of the Tarvosian nomads. My companion is Nahuel, a protege of a fallen friend of mine."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozYa8oyGdm8

Nahuel hops off of his horse, giving a polite bow and offering your sister his hand. "It is a pleasure, pleasure, pleasure to make your acquaintance!"

"Er... Thanks," Laurise says, pulling her hand away and wiping it off on her clothes.

Nahuel offers you a less enthusiastic handshake, which you take without much thought. "It's an honor to be meeting the children of this revolutionary we've heard so much about."

"There is... Urgent business that your mother must be made aware of," Tien says. "It pertains to the regional Director."

"You mean Chiffon?" Your sister asks. "Has he... Already found out about us?"

"Yes, yes, yes, and he's on his way and everything," Nahuel answers, "but that's not the shocking part!"

"Pardon our tight lips," Tien continues, "but this information is... Sensitive. I would rather not discuss it with those it does not pertain to."

>A. It absolutely pertains to us!
>B. Show him to her. You'll find out soon enough...
>C. Soon as you heard "wolves are on their way," you were readying your axe
>D. Write-in response
>E. ...
>>
>>47343813
>>
>>47343813
>>
>>47343879
"Hey, this absolutely pertains to us!" You complain. "We're Lady Hauteclere's children and just as much a part of this as everyone else here!"

"And I'm our chief tactician!" Laurise says, agreeing with your discontent.

"...I will not speak of it in the open like this," Tien answers unhelpfully. "It would be wise not to cause a disturbance among your ranks before knowing how to proceed."

"So hurry, hurry, hurry and take us to your mother, alright?" Nahuel asks.

You lead the two nomads to your mother at the campsite, Nahuel breaking off out of a self-admitted desire to "size up" the resistance forces, starting with a tour by Biff and Byron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dXKHXZGYZA

Tien, meanwhile, speaks to your mother, grandfather, sister, and self in a small tent. "I have been trailing Director Chiffon and his company in secret and in disguise ever since the demise of my dear friend, Tense. It was reported to me by Nahuel, the sole survivor of his raiding party, that he and most of his men were horrifically, singlehandedly slaughtered by the assistant-Director, Cashmere. She also has a series of connections in the city of Velouria, perhaps the single most dangerous place for humans in the entire region, a trio of whom she has sent along with Director Chiffon."

"You're saying the Director of the region intends to defeat our army with four fighters, none of whom are his most powerful assistant?" Darren asks, skeptically.

"No, I am saying he has chosen poor guards for his desire to negotiate a surrender."

"What?" Mother asks.

"Director Chiffon wishes to surrender on behalf of the Wolfskin region and allow our forces to pass to the capital region undeterred, his small forces testament to goodwill. The rampant corruption within his region, however, means it is probable that someone will attempt to sabotage this and prolong our fighting."

>A. You can't NOT fight them!
>B. We need to protect him!
>C. What do we do?
>D. Write-in response
>E. ...
>>
>>47344272
>B. We need to protect him!
>>
>>47344329
"Then... We need to protect this Director from his own men!" You announce with a certainty to your tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8M_zbTsUss

Laurise, in particular, is shocked, though your family members all seem surprised. Your twin asks, "but Dyrus... All we just said about..."

"The wolves who ate our father are not the region as a whole!" You say, steadfast. "One day we'll find and punish them, but there's no sense in prolonging the war in the off-chance they'll die in it! Letting Chiffon die at his own men's hands means giving them more power over the region!"

As you look over everyone's expressions, you cannot help but note your mother's approving glance at your statement. Have you accidentally done something denoting maturity, or is she just happy you're trying actively to avoid a grisly death? "Let us hurry and meet Director Chiffon. No telling how long his subordinates will behave, assuming they truly are treacherous... Chief Tien, I have heard that you are strong and nimble enough to overpower over a dozen wolfskin with your horse and your bow. Go to Director Chiffon and guide him to us."

"In the name of putting my people's oppression and our enemies' aggression to rest... You have my utmost support," he swears. "Representing this alliance, I offer to you the bow of Nahuel. He may be young and cheerful, but he knows war more intimately than men thrice his age. I trust he will come in handy for your efforts."

After that, Tien rides off ahead as discussed, and in the midst of packing up for your own group to get a move on, your mother pulls you aside for a conversation.

"That was a very welcome outburst in the meeting," she says. "I was going to agree to support him anyway, but it makes me proud to know that your first instinct was to forbid revenge from clouding your opinion of our enemies."

>A. It was nothing
>B. It wasn't easy
>C. Does she want revenge?
>D. Write-in dialogue
>E. ...
>>
>>47344668
>B. It wasn't easy
>>
>>47344668
>B. It wasn't easy
>>
>>47344741
"It... Honestly wasn't that easy to say," you admit. "It's why I had to put so much force behind my words!"

"But nonetheless, you were the first to voice these concerns," she answers. "And this... Is why you must survive this war. You must become endurant or cautious enough to survive the battlefield or never set foot on it again, because what you provide off of it is invaluable."

"Huh?" You ask.

"You have compassion," she answers.

"I do?"

"Yes," your mother says, face faulting a moment, before she clears her throat and waves around the Staff of Katri. "As a ruler, Dyrus, you must raise a people who are able not only to protect your people and defeat your enemies, but to heal those who have survived. This, I believe, is the symbolic significance of this staff, of my bloodline's ability to wield it."

"I... Guess you're right," you say, "it's... Sorry, I'm just not used to hearing so much praise from you!"

"Stop risking your life and I might praise you more," your mother says, lightly, harmlessly bopping your head with the staff.

"I know... I'll do you proud in fighting, too! By the time we cross paths again, I'll be more than strong enough to even defeat the likes of that Rene woman!"

"Rene, you say..." Your mother muses, suddenly frowning.

"What's the matter, mother?" You ask.

"Remember, Dyrus," Hauteclere says, sternly, vaguely, "this Lady Rene you hold in such contempt... She has friends and family even beyond the late Director Waldrick. Should you cross paths... Impart some of your compassion onto her."

>A. Might be hard. You personally did him in...
>B. Why is she so serious about that?
>C. You will.
>D. What's she asking you to do?! (humorous suggestions for what he thinks reccomended but not required)
>E. Write-in response
>F. That's different!
>>
>>47344919
>A. Might be hard. You personally did him in...
>C. You will.
>B. Why is she so serious about that?
>>
>>47345006
+1
>>
>>47345006
"It's, uh... I mean, I'll try my best, but she's absolutely gonna have a personal vendetta against me," you say. "Remember what Belle said?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziDfl6w8_QU

"...right," mother says, shaking her head. "That... Complicates things. Try, if it won't get you killed, but please avoid fighting her unless... Unless your life absolutely depends on it." She looks as though she's straining to ask you to go even that far.

"Why are you so serious about Rene in particular?" You ask.

"...I've made an unforgivable mistake," she answers quite vaguely. "Now hurry along and get packed. The sooner we meet with Director Chiffon, the less likely we'll be to meet with his corpse."

After that, Hauteclere leaves. Man, you hate when adults say weird and vague things and refuse to explain what they mean.

>A. Skip ahead
>B. Speak with someone on the trail (specify)
>>
>>47345140
>B. Speak with someone on the trail
Winona, she knew Rene, maybe she can talk about her
>>
File: Wyvern_riderGBAIcon.gif (2 KB, 80x69) Image search: [Google]
Wyvern_riderGBAIcon.gif
2 KB, 80x69
>>47345229
"Er, hey, Winona," you say, approaching her when she's mounting her wyvern, "what's up?"

"Nothing much," she answers, "just... Getting ready to do what we were doing anyway. I'll be happy to give you a ride, though!"

"Uh huh, good, great," you say, "say, you're... Acquainted with Lady Rene, right?"

"She's a friend of my brother's who I think he fancied a bit, but... I don't know her all that well."

"Er, alright," you say.

"First time we talk since the desert and it's about other girls," Winona says. "Why so interested in someone you barely met once all of a sudden, anyway?"

"I-It's not like that!" You say, consciously aware of the reason for her jealousy since Laurise told you. "I just... My mother seems especially invested in her well-being, and thought you might know something."

"Oh," Winona says. "Er, sorry I snapped at you again. I was just..." She stops herself, as though trying to find a new word at the last minute, "worried that you'd be too distracted if we ever wound up fighting her!"

"Er... Right," you say. "So... I guess it's all the more reason to find your brother fast, right?"

"He's still in the area," Winona says. "We'll find him fast, sort everything out... He won't hesitate to side with us if Nia or I talks to him."

"We'll be happy to have him on our side!" You exclaim.

"Uh huh... They can't keep pushing him back away from us."

>A. Write-in dialogue
>B. Ride along with her in silence
>>
>>47345495
>B. Ride along with her in silence
>>
>>47345495
>A. If this whole revolution thing pans out, what are you planning on doing afterword?
>>
>>47345695
Switching>>47345732
>>
File: FatesManagarmPortrait.png (47 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
FatesManagarmPortrait.png
47 KB, 256x256
>>47345732
"So, uh..." You say as you ride with her, "after all this... Revolution stuff is over, what do you think you'll do?"

"What kind of a question's that?" She asks. "I'll... Probably keep being a wyvern rider, but with Lady Hauteclere. I'd rather not show my face in Central again for awhile, honestly..."

"Worried you'll run into Director Belinda?"

"Yeah," Winona says, nodding. "Or pretty much... Anyone else we knew from the Empire who gets lucky enough to survive this war. I know I did the right thing, siding with you guys, but... I don't know if I could face them in peacetime."

"Well, we'll be happy to have capable knights like you around!" You say sincerely.

"Right... Thank you, Dyrus," she says. From there, the conversation peters out a decent amount, briefly resurfacing as she talks about her time knowing a young Belle. "Went by Isabella back then, but... Purple hair's really rare on Teege, and her mother's side is one of... Maybe a small handful of Central nobles who have it."

"Really? Who's her mother?" You ask.

"She... Asked me and Nia not to say," Winona explains.

Awhile after that, even, your group finally catches up with Director Chiffon's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szFGvTu_2BQ

Despite the ominous approaching tune, Chiffon couldn't be more casual as he, his men, and Tien approach you and your family members, the rest of your army staying back.

"Hiya," he says, waving. "Garou Valley's beautiful, ain't it? Hate to see it torn apart by a buncha revolutionaries..."

>A. Let your mother handle this
>B. Write-in dialogue
>C. How do you know they won't attack you?
>D. Introduce yourself to his trio of companions, get to know them a bit
>E. Write-in response

(12:15 and only getting to the big parts now... This is probably gonna be a long thread)
>>
>>47346004
>>
>>47346004
>A. Let your mother handle this
>>
>>47346004
>>
File: GarouPortrait.png (48 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
GarouPortrait.png
48 KB, 256x256
>>47346120
You leave your mother to speak to the Director as you approach his trio of cronies. They apparently have a reputation for being overly casual, so you figure it's fine to be a bit... Well, casual.

"Er, so," you say, "I'm Dyrus... If you didn't know that already."

The two boys of the group are quite polite, one of them saying, "hey, I'm Donnegan, and this is my buddy Flees! Don't mind the grump in the back, Saye had a bit of a rough day."

Saye... That would be the girl in their ranks, you reason. She certainly LOOKS hostile, glaring daggers at your mother, looking displeased at her friends' antics, and generally fidgeting, on top of her garb implying that she's of a higher rank than Donnegan and Flees.

Chief Paisley also spoke of a Saye, how she was apparently present for the massacres of Fort Amid and Hawk Oasis, terrifyingly powerful, and the evidence just seems to line up that you need your eye on her...

"I think she just misses those humans she's been messing around with," Flees says, eyes shut and head tilted to one side.

"Sh-shut up!" She says. "Rene's group is fine, alright?" Rene and Veiz, she says? Then if she's been traveling with them this whole time, enough to consider them all friends, she probably doesn't have much time to be feasting on humans.
>character limit, continued next post
>>
>>47346308
While absolutely none of the four of you were paying attention, your little chit-chat is interrupted by Chiffon turning to face your lot. "Alright, guys, since you weren't paying attention. For the duration of the meeting, lock up your beaststones and weapons in this box for. A show of trust, you know?"

"But... You're just going to leave us unarmed around them? The Empire's still at war with these people, Director," Saye objects.

"Fine, then," Chiffon says, "I'll let Donnegan guard the box. Does Lady Hauteclere have any objections to that?"

"None here," she responds, she and the rest of your family setting their weapons of choice in there after the beaststones, bar that belonging to the designated guard dog, with Tien being the last to put his away besides yourself. "You're smart enough not to betray us with these numbers... I ask that we have someone watching it too, though."

>A. You'll help watch the box!
>B. Someone else will, you'll sit in on the meeting! (suggestions allowed but not required)
>C. You're not putting your stuff away!
>D. Write-in response?
>>
>>47346316
>A. You'll help watch the box!
We probably won't be helpful in the meeting, but we may be able to get some info on the ground level if we talk to our guard mate.
>>
>>47346444
Also, this is my last post of the night. I'm going to bed.
>>
File: GarouTransformed.jpg (36 KB, 343x302) Image search: [Google]
GarouTransformed.jpg
36 KB, 343x302
>>47346444
Holding up your Royal Axe non-hostilely, you say, "uh, I'll help watch the weapons!"

"Alright," Chiffon says, shrugging indifferently. "Now that that's settled..."

"This way," Tien says. "I have prepared a tent for negotiations."

"I won't let you ravage me too hard on these terms, guy," Chiffon says. "The sanctity of Garou Valley's important to me."

"So not slaughtering us is a distant... Tenth," Tien spits back.

In the meantime, you and that Donnegan guy bid the others farewell, killing some time with awkward silence as you both try not to acknowledge the fact that you're armed.

"Er, so," you say, whistling idly a moment, "what's it like working in the valley?"

"It's a beautiful place," Donnegan answers, "especially in the Autumn. But we're not all nature and hunting, human. We've got cities we take pride in, some of the most beautiful buildings in Teege. The city of Velouria has a temple that I hear extends underground for miles, but you need to be an acolyte of some... spirit to get in."

"'Some spirit?'" You ask.

"Apparently you're not allowed to speak its name to wolves who don't follow, and..." He shrugs, putting up his hands. "I don't follow."

"I'm not a wolf," you answer.

"And I don't know it," Donnegan answers. "Hell, it's a wonder the Empire allows worship of anything other than Xouide, but... Guess you need to give things some extra leeway when your greatest asset gets sealed away, you know?"

"I actually don't know!" You say. "What is it?"

"Right, right, you would've just been a babe when it happened. See, when the old crown prince died, they say the new Emperor could barely control it, so he had to seal it away with some dark magic, and... Oh, shit," Donnegan curses, suddenly transforming and cutting off his story, rushing in your direction.

>A. Defend yourself!
>B. What's going on?!
>C. Turn around
>D. Write-in response
>>
>>47346690
Vote time renewed.

How did it end up taking this long to get to the important parts?
>>
>>47346870
I might start putting the thread on a metaphorical autopilot if we hit another renewed vote time thing. Explain the things that happened, give one more opportunity for a vote, then thread ending thingy.
>>
File: Magefighter.gif (932 B, 48x64) Image search: [Google]
Magefighter.gif
932 B, 48x64
>>47347050
You turn around, looking at what he could be rushing towards, only to notice that it's an... Oddly pale woman, brandishing a Silver Sword and Arcfire tome, looking to be clad in armor befitting some sort of sellsword, albeit painted in Gerxel colors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx-4tBuXb4Q

Donnegan attempts to slug her, only to be easily slashed through the chest, falling to the ground.

"H-hey! You..." You attempt to stand between the felled Wolfskin and the Deadlord, raising your Royal Axe and trying to protect him...

Another, a Great Knight with eerily familiar motions in battle, rides in and knocks you out with the blunt end of a Steel Blade in return.

When you wake up, you're next to the outside of the tent your relatives, Tien, and Chiffon+his other two dudes met in. Your head isn't splitting in pain, so you presume you were healed in your downtime, but by your hands is the weapon box, pried open, and a pool of blood in the grass.

Wait... Blood? Wh-where's Donnegan, and... Those two pale fighters who attacked you, and...

"D-Director..!" You call out in shock, noticing him laying through the canvas of the tent, your Royal Axe embedded in his chest.

Now, you're hardly a mastermind of logic, but even you can easily piece together what happened: with or without the support of one of Chiffon's own, that old Necromancer killed Donnegan, knocked you out, and took Chiffon down with your axe, planting you and the weapon box close to his body so to frame you and your fellow revolutionaries.

But... Wait, you think... Chiffon's still breathing, just a bit, barely! M-maybe, if you can get your mother to him fast enough...

"H-holy shit! S-Saye, there he is!" Flees, showing up CONVENIENTLY close to your wakeup, calling Saye over.

"You!" Already transformed, presumably having "borrowed" Donnegan's beaststone so she could transform and hunt you down, Saye glares and snarls.

>A. Explain
>B. Attack
>C. Carry Chiffon
>E. Run unencumbered
>F. Write-in
>>
>>47347300
"P-Please understand!" You insist. "I have no clue how this happened! I just... Your friend and I were attacked, and when I woke up, I..."

"Don't listen to him, Saye! He's a murderer like all the rest of them, and you were right to doubt this whole mission!" Flees says, ABSOLUTELY doing this only to egg the emotional Saye on.

"...report this to assistant-Director Cashmere," Saye growls at her false friend, taking a swing at you. "Don't let them catch you!"

Flees was already running away before she said that, not even seeming terribly concerned for his "friend's" safety.

"D-don't you get it?!" You cry out, trying to stick to your feet after barely dodging another blow. You would fetch your Royal Axe, but worry that removing it from Chiffon improperly could kill him even faster. "He's abandoning you, leaving you to die just like Donnegan!"

"I told him to run!" Saye answers, slugging you.

Knocked to the ground, you try to stay conscious long enough to add, "Ch-Chiffon's alive... Stop this... Get him help..!"

It... Actually looks like Saye is considering your words, seeing as she stops punching you. "But then... When Rene said... And..." Seeing as you're lying there, beaten to a pulp and unarmed, she rushes over to the body of Chiffon, reverting to her humanoid form and widening her eyes. "H-he is!" Transforming again, she tries to carefully pick him up and carry him around without upsetting the wound. "Gods, sorry about that... That traitor needs to pay, but for now Chiffon's more important."

To make a long story short, Chiffon is able to be saved by the Staff of Katri, but he doesn't seem to be waking up. Saye, despite cursing your mother's name "for Baker," vows to protect Chiffon and confront Flees for his inferred role in this. "He'd run away to Velouria... That's where Cashmere and the others are," she says.

>To be continued next thread
Sincerely sorry it took awhile.

Thanks for playing, twitter/ask.fm are qmgrandflocto for any questions.
>>
>>47347526
And just to clarify the more important parts of this.

Donnegan's dead but who gives a damn, Flees confirmed for conspirator, Chiffon is alive but comatose, Saye is temporarily following the rebels to protect him and confront the people who attacked him, but hopes to rejoin Rene and co. as soon as she meets them again. Lord knows if she'll succeed.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.