[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tombworld Reviving Campaign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5
Hello, Elegan/tg/entlemen,

After several campaign of rogue trader and dark heresy, I came up with the idea of doing a Necron campaign in a custom sector taking stuff from the oestalan sector. Here would be the plot, but it's up to your critics: the PCs have separatly memories of an expedition of monkeys (humans), each led by a mechanicus guy. They just have memory of this guy who have somehow stolen data from there heads. Some times after that (don't know how much time), they are truly awakens by the scarabs repearing them and encountering anomalies in the mind-data of the PCs. The PCs are part of the highest rank of a Nemesor's court (for whom I need a name). They find their nemesor partly awake but he have some damages and is unable to talk properly and is highly amnesic (more than the PCs. The aim of the players now, is to:

- See how the tombworld is going and awaking it
- Try to heal the nemesor or perhaps taking his place or ploting to find another nemesor to give fealty.
- Exploring the sector, gaining tech and resources, do partnerships with other races (for the moment)
- Why a monkey stole their memories ? findin' the monkey.
- Etc, etc.

To help me, I partly read the necron character guide, here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2b-KRdbOmU5Qi1xY1kwTWtjNEU/view?usp=sharing

So here is my question:
What types (careers) of characters can I propose to my players ? In the Necron character guide, we have cryptek, happy necron and the deathmark (some kind of spy and sniper) and the harvestmaster (kind of tactical genius + pilot ?). What can I add to complete those classes ?

TL;DR:
- what careers equivalent can I have for a necron player group ?
- find a name for my nemesor ( with -drakh, -ek, -ep, -en, -yn, -or at the end), and no, no Nemesor Hodor.
-What kind of fun scenarii could be fun to do with that "setting" ?

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Sorry for the bad froggy english.
>>
op here, adding some suggestions:

- What types (careers) of characters can I propose to my players ? In the Necron character guide, we have cryptek, happy necron and the deathmark (some kind of spy and sniper) and the harvestmaster (kind of tactical genius + pilot ?). What can I add to complete those classes ?

- a mental disorder random chart would be cool

- For the PCs to eventually interact with other races, the pdf is saying that they can disguise ... Which I find fucking retarded regarding the level of technology the necrons have. So I had the idea of a nanoswarm acting as a shaper around the necron and forming a human (or other race) shell around the necron. Of course it doesn't eliminate the social malus but I find it less retarded. Plus, those kind of devices can be really helpful for preventing mental illnesses amongst the necrons nobility. It can give the necrons the old feeling, in appearance, of having a biological body, and thus, alleviate the psychological pain of the biotransference. It's like the mirror box of the amputee (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_box)
>>
File: 561475_sm-Necrontyr.jpg (28 KB, 324x605) Image search: [Google]
561475_sm-Necrontyr.jpg
28 KB, 324x605
I'll post necrons during that time
>>
File: necronlord.png (312 KB, 436x273) Image search: [Google]
necronlord.png
312 KB, 436x273
>>
File: JIfG5d9.jpg (611 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
JIfG5d9.jpg
611 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>
;_;
>>
I love Necrons and would love to assist but I have no idea really about the RP side of 40k but I can add my two cents.

You could have the Immortal as a career considering they were professional soldiers before the transformation into necrons & they have a slightly higher capacity as compared to standard warriors. I personally love the big massive crystals the necrons have bursting from ground, and you could even have some 'powered down' monoliths for scenery too.

When I made my tomb world for 40k I used variations of my name & my wifes name for different overlords and such but my nemesor is Kordrekh

Best of luck OP
>>
>>47284304
Ah Thank you, anon.

I was going through the codex and we can also add a praetorian as career because they are the guardians of the old law. the fluff depict them as nomads that were trying to modify primitive societies to make them mimic the necrons. They are also reviving tombworlds.
>>
sounds a bit retarded
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.