[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bunker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: russian bunker bar.jpg (145 KB, 1275x811) Image search: [Google]
russian bunker bar.jpg
145 KB, 1275x811
Hey so my character came into possession of a small austere bunker in my campaign. I'm planning to use it as a base-of-operations for my paranormal investigator company.

It has
>Small foyer
>Kitchen room
>Small barracks
>Prison room
>Dojo
>Storage
>workshop
>2 spare rooms

The setting is modern day action/paranormal
What should i stock it with?
>>
>>47279006

Before stocking it, I have to ask:
>What are you up against?
>What's your specialty?
>What are your team's specialties?

If you're game centers around a specific paranormal thingy, you'll want to build focused for that kind of mission. If you're dealing with generalized paranormal thingies, you'll want to have preparations for pretty much every scenario.

If God has anything to say about this, you might want to either convert a spare room into consecrated ground as a small chapel, if you can't combine a meditative, contemplative holy space with the dojo.

Kitchen should have a stocked larger, storage should deal with this. And if workshop isn't also a room for experimentation, then you might want a lab out of one of those spare rooms. But if it's less alchemy that you'll be doing and more research, you might want to stock that room with a library of esoteric, relevant texts instead.

Also, does you party have relevant skills that you might not have? Skills that might merit a space to utilize them, like paranormal photography necessitating a darkroom or something? They might want a say in what one of the spare rooms is made built for.

I know little of what you're doing or the paranormal, but I do know about making the most of tight spaces.
>>
>>47279069
>Before stocking it, I have to ask:
>>What are you up against?
We deal with special interest targets, Spirits,Cultists, and oddities.
>>What's your specialty?
Psion/tactician
>>What are your team's specialties?
We have
2 infiltrators
2 melee combatants
1 other psion
1 digital analyst

we deal with general paranormal things and so far we have access to sutra seals and a few vendors for mystic and alchemist items

>combine a meditative, contemplative holy space with the dojo.
that's a good idea

>stock that room with a library of esoteric, relevant texts instead.
I'll need supplies but yea that's good

>paranormal photography necessitating a darkroom
I actually haven't considered that as an option. i'll have to look into that example

Also, any ideas on making concrete walls more homely? it seems so blunt. maybe propaganda posters or plaster paint?
>>
>>47279006
>Paranormal investigator
>Having a fixed base
You're going to want some kind of charms or stuff to keep out evil spirits.
>>
>>47279006
Those couches look so comfy; I'm sure they're not in real life though. The backs look way too straight.

>>47279194
>Also, any ideas on making concrete walls more homely?
What's your preferred style?

Ancient Romans just put up veneers of brick and marble, or put up plaster in different colors.

Renaissance Italians would mix in paint with the plaster to make murals and frescoes.

Modernists just polish the concrete to a smooth shine, maybe paint it in bold colors.
>>
>>47279194

>Also, any ideas on making concrete walls more homely? It seems so blunt. Maybe propaganda posters or plaster paint?

Paint, either in patterns or solid colors, wallpaper, or posters could all work. Whatever helps with what you do, and probably something to help with the team's branding. Also >>47279205. Make sure you turn your home base into a hard place to breach.

As a side note, if you have a digital analyst, you might want a computer room. Could also stock it with whatever tech gadgets you might need. Does the barracks come with an armory? Sounds like you're combat-heavy so you might want a place to stock up before heading out.

>>paranormal photography necessitating a darkroom
>I actually haven't considered that as an option. i'll have to look into that example
It's a trope many times used in paranormal fiction, that cameras, especially analogue ones, can capture the images of spirits in much the same way a mirror or reflection might, either making them visible or revealing their true nature. I wasn't sure what kind of paranormal style this game was taking, but it seems like it's less investigative like CoC and more combat-oriented like Delta Green or something.
>>
I asked /k/, thus far every reply has been asking one thing - where do you SHIT?
>>
>>47279250

Huh, just noticed a latrine wasn't mentioned. I guess I just assumed a barracks would have shitting and bathing accommodations, wrapping it all into a sort of "genera living" space for getting sleeping, pooping, and bathing out the way.
>>
File: bunker design 3.jpg (755 KB, 1600x1060) Image search: [Google]
bunker design 3.jpg
755 KB, 1600x1060
>>47279205
this is very true

>>47279220
those couches are apart of a lounge in a remodeled Soviet-era nuclear bunker.

>>What's your preferred style?
Yea you right, I guess I'm overthinking it.
The setting is modern day Tokyo so either pan-Asian modern or modern Psudo-brutalism

Also i need to install water and waste disposal.
We could dig out a viet cong style pit but i'm not too sure if it would be better to install a septic tank or just add a tunnel to the sewers.
>The sewer hole might be discovered during maintenance
>septic tank requires drainage somehow
>>
>>47279320
Just get a composting toilet.

http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/blogs/tumbleweed/14824881-top-3-manufactured-composting-toilets-for-tiny-homes

No plumbing required.
>>
>>47279320
It depends on your use of the sceptic tank, a normal home tank can last year's without draining. But this and air ventilation are the major concern of bunkers, yes
>>
>>47279320
If you're thinking modern, just paint or polish the concrete. It won't really be "homely" but it'll look better than raw concrete. You could also add in accents, like vertical bamboo slats or metal wallwork, to make the concrete less cold.
>>
File: bunker design 2.jpg (273 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
bunker design 2.jpg
273 KB, 1200x798
>>47279247
>> you might want a computer room. Could also stock it with whatever tech gadgets you might need.
Got it covered, i just need him to move his stuff

>>47279250
>Ask /k/
I'm glad you mentioned that. it slipped my mind. i'll check the thread

>>less investigative like CoC and more combat-oriented like Delta Green or something.
very much so, we get payed to directly "fix" discrepancies

>>47279334
>Just get a composting toilet.
that's actually really neat.

>>47279336
I had no idea they lasted so long. you're right,air ventilation is an issue

>>47279350
it is in vogue. maybe some crimson accents to really add to blue-grey concrete.
>>
Here's a interesting video on the Psychology of Bunker Survival
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQj0L658RxM
>>
>>47279006
>Bunker
>Only one storage
That's not a bunker, that's just a pillbox.
>>
>>>/k/29962071

/k/ is still focused on the shitting tunnel idea
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.