[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mad weaponsmith thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: varik.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
varik.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
Welcome to the grand opening of guildhall!.
I trust you've all got your keycards in order

Now after the banquet you get a couple minutes to discuss your new weapon. bathrooms are on your left, inorganic disposal is for the grey garbage can, organic in the red garbage can.

hmmm it looks kinda ugly, what is that thing you brought?
>>
Oh, this. This was suppose to be a shrinking ray. All i got was a ray that turned organic beings into tiny blobs of meat.
>>
File: whip gun.jpg (187 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
whip gun.jpg
187 KB, 600x398
>>47257528
Op here
(TL';DR come up with interesting weapon ideas that may or may not be feasible)

I've thought about adding a Whip launching gun in my setting for impaling or grappling enemy's

>Exotic weapon proficiency "Whip-Shot
>2d8 piercing damage
>30ft reach
>move action to reload or retrieve whip shot
>+2 to grapple maneuvers & feint attacks
>>
File: obituator.jpg (218 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
obituator.jpg
218 KB, 760x596
>>47257528
Don't happen to have some brothers do you?
>>
File: Pata.jpg (757 KB, 2288x1712) Image search: [Google]
Pata.jpg
757 KB, 2288x1712
>>47257785

He's too young .A tabletop friend suffices.
He also mentioned adding a "chainsaw sword" to the setting.
I know it's kinda retarded but it sounds like a great diesel-punk weapon so.. thoughts?

"chainsaw Pata sword"

>Exotic weapon proficiency "Arm Saw"
>2d8 Slashing damage
>5ft reach
>Standard action to refill gas tank (1L per hour)
>+4 to sunder
>>
File: spiderman-bleed.jpg (92 KB, 640x354) Image search: [Google]
spiderman-bleed.jpg
92 KB, 640x354
I remember trying to make a "spiderman" character in pathfinder using two grappling hooks as exotic weapons. Things got surprisingly brutal awfully quick.

Another fun one was a player who taped knives to a masochistic turtle and shot the poor thing out of a slingshot at people.
Then the bastard got access to higher level spells and started making shrapnel grenades that re-arm themselves. It was at this point war crimes became an issue and I banned casters.
>>
>>47257528
A gun....... That shoots other guns out!
>>
>>47257528
The hamaxe. A hammer on one side, an axe on the other. For all your zombie slashin', skelly smashin' needs.
>>
File: crudely drawn sketch.png (19 KB, 1744x1214) Image search: [Google]
crudely drawn sketch.png
19 KB, 1744x1214
It's the most demented weapon I could make. It's a long stick with 3 blades fixed on each end at 120 degrees from one another. With stabbity-stabbity points and cuttity-cuttity edges. Sure, on good day 3 out of 3 blades are pointing in the wrong direction and on bad day it's 5. But if you see a guy with this thing, you might as well go home because anyone who weilds this didn't decapitate or impale himself is truly the greatest fighter in the world.
>>
What about a gun that shoots swords, and those swords exploded into smaller swords. Which also explode.
>>
>>47264436
I'm worried about backblast.
>>
>>47264449
Well that's why you make it a sniper! Not a close range weapon!
>>
I've been thinking about making a bouncy cannon. That is, a cannon that fires lead cannon balls that have been enchanted with bouncy ball like qualities!
>>
A weapon, or spell, that converts a targeted area into a pyrophoric substance would be pretty damn awesome.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.