[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /tg/ I'm paranoid schizophrenic and I tender a different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
Hey, /tg/

I'm paranoid schizophrenic and I tender a different delusion every few months to add to my collection of pointless bullshit to obsess over.

But, basically, have you ever seen Men in Black? The dude played by David Cross basically says that old ass movies and whatnot are like a key, or map or something. They have hidden, secret information in them, and show a timeline of events involving extraterrestrials.

I was thinking what if the same were true for pnp RPGs. How much real esoteric knowledge is stored in just D&D alone?

So, my question to you is this - what game has the most accurate depiction of alchemy and hermeticism, and delving further, demonology and ritual magick.

I want to know the name of the system so I can pore through the books.
>>
>>47245463
This isn't exactly what you want, but on the topic of shit with hidden meanings, Unknown Armies is all about that.

Unknown Armies is about modern occultism and conspiracies, it's a setting where a lot of scenarios where paranoid thoughts you might have turn out to all be true simultaneously and wrong at the same time.

Fans of Unknown Armies tend to collect weird news articles for inspiration for their games. Here's a collection of things found by fans:

http://ua.johntynes.com/content.php?id=C0_15_3
>>
>>47245463
For pnps take on this you want Unknown Armies

For vidya, check out The Secret World
>>
>>47245463
Here's an index of primary texts from just about everything crazy, plus some real religions. Most of which are also crazy:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/alc/index.htm
>>
>>47245463
Yeah none of those things are real
>>
>>47245919
Neither are dragons, but that doesn't stop people from talking about them as if they were.
>>
>>47245673
>>47245688
>>47245742
Thanks guise.
>>
>>47245463
You are so crackpot you would be fair game for Delta Green
>>
File: deltagreen.png (53 KB, 805x644) Image search: [Google]
deltagreen.png
53 KB, 805x644
>>47246745
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>47245463
You should run Paranoia
>>
>>47246745
>>47247097
Wait, what?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.