[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's the absolute worst player you've ever met?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: 442389462_1280x720.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
442389462_1280x720.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
Who's the absolute worst player you've ever met?
>>
>>47224691
Myself
>>
>>47224691
>Girlfriend's best friend and DM's girlfriend so no getting rid of her, played multiple campaigns with her
>never learned the rules of any system because "they intentionally make them hard to read"
>didn't even know which dice to use for damage after playing a dagger-rogue for 2 and a half years
>Still manages to be rules lawyer, even though she doesnt read the rules
>In 4th ed DnD her Husbando King of Thieves betrayed the party and his actions directly lead to the death of one PCs love interest, NPC team mom, and destroyed our base of operations. Other party members want him dead, Paladin wants him to stand trial, rogue wont let him die, frees as the rest of the party sleeps. Took pleasure in the fact that this pissed the rest of the party off
>always plays a chaotic neutral cat burglar, her RP range has never become more in depth than "I fuck the hot guy and take all the gold before the rest of the PCs show up LOL
>gets pissed when she doesnt have her way. DM to his credit, rarely gives it to her, but she fucking pouts at least once per session, sometimes over shit as simple as not being able to take all the treasure before the rest of the party gets there
>Rolled 3 20s in a row once while pickpocketing a ghost and the DM let her do it for funsies. Still bragging 4 years later that she is the most cerebral rogue player and her rogue was the best ever because she pickpocketed a ghost

There's more but I think that's enough for mow
>>
>>47224691
you
>>
An asshat who we eventually called the cops on.

seriously, fuck the Bellingham LARP scene
>>
>>47225024
Bellingham Washington?
>>
>>47225051
Yes
>>
>>47225067
Fuck, that's not far away from me. Well, if I ever find myself up there, I'll take the warning under fair consideration.
>>
File: 1384781600805.jpg (16 KB, 381x235) Image search: [Google]
1384781600805.jpg
16 KB, 381x235
The weeaboo who kept trying to force his half-Japanese character into being the main character of our Deadlands campaign.

Also we heard him masturbating once during the pre-game call because he'd left his mic on.
>>
File: KNOW-MORE[1].gif (941 KB, 627x502) Image search: [Google]
KNOW-MORE[1].gif
941 KB, 627x502
>>47225024

storytime?
>>
>>47224691
Me.
Let me explain.

> Play MTG, build good decks, take up tried and true deck lists practice good strategy.
> Never take higher than 11th unless someone drops or dqs. Always get weak hands and have been mana screwed in EVERY TOURNAMENT.
> People who play me get great cards in packs they draw and usually place high.
> Don't really care though- I make good friends, and while I play to win every time I feel like I am born to lose.

>Warmahordes
> Play old Skorne Bronzeback beat mangled metal list
> It's fucking fail proof
> Use good strategy
> See more snake eyes than a viper breeder
> Opponents get more boxcars than a fucking transcontinetal railroad
> Great Friend Goes to fucking Poland for pro tour and takes third
> Still don't mind shitty luck but make friends so I don't mind.

> Warhammer 40k
> Build Eldar Flying Circus Jetseer Council
> Build Necron Airshow
> Same old story
> But some how manage to one shot a falcon once with a fucking singing spear
> But I make good friends and have fun
> Paint jobs are also usually solid.

> Playing any pnp as player
> Play for fun
> Want to build a character with story and some strength build
> Usually get bad rolls
> Characters often die in hilarious ways that bring the party together

> Be GM or hell QM
> Player Rolls some how become epic
> /tg/ even noted phenomena where my luck was so bad that players would somehow manage to steal the luck of other quests
> Write ornate stories
> Do tons of building
> For things that never get explored
> Never get seen
> Never get used.
> Storylines I want to try are dashed aside quickly in favor of wild cards
> I don't care this is about the players and their story in the setting that I have given them, even if it means them tearing the damn thing apart.
> My luck is bad always

More to come
>>
>>47224928

This is why I don't let women play in my RPG campaigns. It's safer that way, and we don't miss out on anything by excluding them.
>>
>>47225024
You can't just say that and not go into detail, you mong.

Storytime now.
>>
That dude who held up the 3.5 campaign for 45 minutes arguing with the DM that he could jump 300 feet into the air and skip the whole tower because "he had the stats".

I never bothered learning his name.
>>
>>47225166
This.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/33785427/#33799465
>>
File: 1462418767427.gif (11 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1462418767427.gif
11 KB, 408x408
>>47225144

Shitty storytiem incoming
>>
>>47225221
>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/33785427/#33799465

This fucking thread...
>>
>>47224928
pickpocketing a ghost is very impressive
>>
>>47225161

continued

> Play obscure card game (WWE RAW DEAL if you want to know, shit was fun as fuck)
> Always play fun decks, but ones that are viable
> Always get ass kicked
> Pull fucking the most epic of cards
> Like the god damned black lotus of fucking Raw Deal
> Build the deck as god intended
> Only take fourth because I fucked up so bad, but I built the deck and played it
> Let friend try deck,
> Cardgame dies a few months after sadly.

> Try Larping- well sort of larping, it's more of a combat league
> Try to use family lineage blah blah blah
> Buy stuff go to tournies
> Apparently there are rules to kicking ass
> Do okay but lose every time
> Also black knight gear and austrian ancestry sure do not fucking help.

> Try Larping again
> come up with a metric fuck ton of back story
> Make interesting cultures and use tables
> I fucking love making tables
> Do all the set up work
> Have to move, not sure if larp community pans out
> Also friends politics change, hasn't talked to me since a few years ago

> Further Back in the past
> Get into heroclicks
> Get fucking Phoenix, Good Hulk, and fucking Captain Marvel
> So much good shit
> don't know how to use it
> Get ass curbed stomped
> Give models to friend who knows how to use em.

As of now, I haven't found a play group and I want to do a Shoggy GM esq game of only war that turns into DH/RT but I don't know how that will pan out.

Sorry for only green text and not being other guys story time.

Though I know a really terrible player who could very well have transformed into the ultimate version of that guy, if you all wish to tell you his story.
>>
>>47225349
How bad is he? Share the tale.
>>
>>47225334
>pickpocket ghost
>"you get some ghostly lint and a phantasmal button."
>>
File: 1462717801704.jpg (131 KB, 1710x840) Image search: [Google]
1462717801704.jpg
131 KB, 1710x840
>>47225106
I had something similar
He was a friend of one of my player and also his old GM. I'm always a bit reluctant to invite other Forever GMs at my table / campaigns because I know how they can feel. You feel like you could do better than the GM you currently have, you over-analyse every single thing, I get it, they want to have their hands in it.

But this guy, this guy was something else.

He wanted to put his fucking lore and setting into mine. Being the idiot that I am, I tried to make compromises, because I didn't want to refuse him and basically say to his friend "It didn't work out, your friend wanted to setting-fuck this campaign"

Anyway, his homebrew setting was his little baby. It was a low fantasy not-Asia basically, with a lot of spiritual stuff thrown into it. Cool thing in itself, but this doesn't go well in a nearly-no-magic not-Western America and not-Russia setting.

This tried everything to be the "Asian men coming from a distant land for no reasons except show everyone how cool he is"

So I thought, alright, this guy want to play the Asian guy of the group, I can deal with that, he's not gonna steal the show, he seems like a reasonable person.

But when the RP was on, that guy searched every reasons to explain to us his setting. He was like a bad car seller trying to explain the theology of his far and distant land.

But even then I tried to stand my ground, to not get off tracks and see it as a challenge for my setting. For being such a talker, NPCs began to get hostile with him, some even thinking he was lying or that he was some kind of missionary.

The group began to get tired of him. His friend was trying to cool things off, but when a group can't find a place to stay for the night because it harbours "one of those people", it's really easy to want to throw him off.

Our dear weeb got angry at me, saying that, because my setting was unwelcoming during the RP, he didn't want to play.

This is when he got off. Felt good.
>>
His name was Todd, and he was a real fucker.
>>
>>47224763
Came here to post this.
>>
>>47225170
>>47225144

It was a Changeling the Lost LARP at the University which consisted of mostly people who didn't like the other Changeling game on campus. (The drama runs deep up there)

Anyways, this player who I will call Asshat makes a low-clarity annoyingly power hungry autumn courtier (after losing the sheet of an equally annoying rat character). On the whole my character (a Wizened Soldier in Summer) never really came into contact with his characters usually I tried to avoid his characters like the plague IC and OOC.

Anyways, Asshat's character was eventually made Autumn King (pulling shit that ticked off ST's bigtime) and became the freehold's leader during the fall game. It was announced that he was going use his position to force the freehold to swear fealty to HIM.

This would not fly IC or OOC, thus the entirety of Summer (the largest court with 7 active members) mobilized to kick his ass during council. Needless to say, Summer managed to obliterate him. IC and OOC Asshat goes ballistic, and afterwards continues to run around the area yelling and harassing everyone playing. So we call campus police and have him banned from the area.
>>
>>47225406
He is a good friend. Like from high school.

But as a player?

Fucking god damn horrible bullsht jeebus crabs.

Recently as a person?
Dear god son holy shit he went from dim witted decent chap to unhinged stupid why would you do that.

As a player he had no real strategy.

He could never build a character.

But he was our friend and he would be interesting and helpful at times.

Basically he was the big dumb kill shit button.

No matter what the setting or environment.

Sometimes he would try to wax political which would be nightmarish because his politics are quite literally seth rogan levels of "Dude weed- weed dude! Science!"

When we played mtg- well, basically he was like a really shitty johnny or a terrible terrible timmy. Our old MTG play circle was a Spike group. He would mostly build lazy decks with our help. I think we enabled his laziness.

So for examples

3.5: We build him a min max easy play druid
PF: WIZAARD
Shadowrun: Troll Tank
ASoIaF: Fighter

In combat he would always take care of us. Like a wonderful loving guard dog because he always got stupid amazing rolls and we built his stuff for him.

Out of combat well-- Pick a story

> 3.5 I almost accidentally killed all the town elders by using a wand, he makes it worse by horrible political manuvering

> ASoIaF: He almost burns down high garden by destroying a historic church

> ASoIaF: Almost sells a rightful heir to pirates

> Shadorun: Three words : Didn't Geek Mage

> PF: WIZAAAAAAAAARDD Demands bitches and beer!

His antics can be funny in small doses- but they happen to often.

Also his personal life has spiraled out of control recently. He divorced his awesome (albiet chubby) red headed wife and left his daughter with her and his planning to move out of state. I almost wonder if he cares about his daughter at times.
>>
I won't embellish any details...
>Guy from my hometown
>has a massive forehead that makes him look like a caveman
>seems to mispronounce words almost intentionally. Example: "Keh-bald", "Puh-lad-den", "bir-rax"
>listens to ICP exclusively/ talks shit about any music that is not ICP.
>plays monks exclusively, but always begs the GM to make his fist weapons more powerful
>characters are always styled after FotM anime
>Has been banned from local comic shop for stealing cards and snacks
>somehow weasels his way in to multiple campaigns, and finds out meeting times
>The times I've played with him, he rolls his dice and quickly picks them up to "examine" them before calling out what their results are.
>Gets upset at really minor things, and pouts like a child/gets really quiet and distant for the rest of the session
>Is really rude and gross towards women. Back when we played at the comic store, he was asked to sit out because he jokingly said we should "run a train" on a girl that was playing. Not in-game, as if that would make it any better.
>he was always hugh and had to smoke a bowl before and during every session.

Jesus Christ. I feel for the people that still group with him, if anyone does...
>>
>>47225221
Holy shit. I remember this. Some other anon told a That Guy story about her and her nudist characters first then they argued in a few threads about it. Was surreal.
>>
>>47225901
Holy shit! I just made this connection. Is that who this is?!
>>
>>47225929
Yeah, it's her. It fits right down to playing a nude desert priestess and taking offense at her characters being called slutty.
>>
>>47225221
>2014
>>
>>47225782
>he was always hugh

fucking hughs they're the worst
>>
>>47225446
kek
>>
>>47224691
That man is a treasure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Wy7xvoTno
>>
>>47225685
What a loony. Sounds like he was literally delusional.
>>
>>47224691
An autistic guy who could barely speak, didn't take social cues, was very edgy, and chewed his toenails at the table.

I wish I was joking about the last one.
>>
>>47224691
This one is very recent, as in That Guy got kicked from my pathfinder group as of 2 weeks ago
> Playing pathfinder with a "Long-term campaign"
> DM is a good friend, and this is actually my second time playing through campaign
> A fat guy joins the party, and introduces himself as "Punkie"(In hindsight, I thought it was a nickname)
> Makes a paladin, the usual. Nothing really happens for the first few sessions
> Paladin gets preggers, DM forces him to retire the paladin understandably
This is where it gets bad..
> He comes back with a Gnome Alchemist.. Whose backstory has it involved heavily with the paladin
> Full grudges and everything, hates all the party members that didn't get along well with the paladin
> At this point announces himself to be a tranny, and that he's taking hormone replacements
> Also tells me aside that someone else made the character for him.
> Find out later that he's a furry
> Deduce that he has Autism. Later ask him about it and he confirms it.

Pretty much everything goes downhill from here quite rapidly. Continue?
>>
>>47226547
... How?

did he just. act like some kind of feral animal and start gnawing at his toes?
>>
>>47224691
ur mom

REKT
>>
>>47226415
It got several threads worth of attention at the time and is still occasionally brought up. It's basically a /tg/ classic.
>>
The guy wasn't that bad. Just had a few bad experiences where he made everyone kind of uncomfortable. We'll call him Guy A
>be my character
>doesn't know shit about magic
>we find a magic staff in a dungeon
>IC no one knows it's a magic staff, they just know it's a staff that has markings on it
>I think it's a weird stick
>Guy A wants magic staff
>other player's character picked it up
>no one ever explains to my character (or any character for that matter) that the stick is a staff, and it's magical
>session ends

>next session
>character that was holding the staff gives it to me to hold since we were having a conversation IC, I'm a STR character, and they have like 6 STR
>"here"
>Still doesn't explain that it's a staff
>everyone else is sleeping IC
>I walk back to camp and stick the staff in the fire because why not, it's just a stick to me
>Guy A really verbally confronts me and has his character miraculously wake up and pull the staff out of the fire, takes it, and goes back to sleep
>Guy A frantically asks the DM if the staff is fine
>DM awkwardly says yes
>Guy A gave me a mouthful as to how that was a stupid move and that we need these magic items
>Explain that it was just for RP, since my character doesn't know anything about magic, and it was never explained that it was a staff.
>Guy A still pissed
>awkward silence throughout rest of session
>Guy A pissed every session after that
>Guy A constantly metagaming
>Guy A eventually leaves because the campaign is "too hard" and the DM is "unfair".
>Guy A's 2 other friends in the group begrudgingly leave with him
>Guy A sends me messages badmouthing the DM, and saying I'm a good guy
>Campaign goes on a month-long hiatus to find 3 new members

What really pisses me off is that one of his friends that left was a fucking phenomenal player. He was actually the one that picked up and gave me the staff.
>>
>>47226559
sure, autism makes everything better.
>>
>>47225782
>bir-rax
What was he trying to say here?
>>
>>47226565
We were playing the game as normal. The DM was talking our rogue through a spot check and the idiot got bored. First he took off his shoes. No problem, people take off their shoes to get comfortable all the time. Takes off his socks (DM doesn't notice). That's odd, but ok... then he puts a foot at chest level. I'll give the guy this; he was rather flexible. One of the other players is now staring at him too, DM hasn't noticed. The DM looks over just as he lowers his head to chew on one overly long toenail, oblivious to the world.

I watch as the DM gives a double take and then locks back on his previous conversation to avoid looking at the scene. It was at this moment I realized that nobody was going to call the guy out. Immediately started counting the minutes until the session was over, left, and never came back. I had classes with that idiot that year and he dropped college after the first semester when he failed most of his classes and his roommates hated him. Nasty and stupid fellow, we should have just kicked him rather than letting him ruin the campaign.
>>
>>47225067
dude, I just moved up here 7 months ago. I live by whatcom cc. Are there any cool nerd events around here besides Ren Faire?
>>
>>47225929
Link?
>>
>>47226559
Okay, so at this point we all know 'That Guy' is an Autistic, Furry, Tranny.
> That Guy pretty much starts an argument with the DM literally every session
> Sometimes multiple times a session
> Second session into his gnome, he starts an argument that lasts a whopping 20 fucking minutes.
> I lose my shit(Normally I never do this, it takes a lot to make me mad), and end up shouting at each party member to shut the fuck up.
> DM sees this and realizes something's very wrong with the party. I'm like his canary at this point.
> Tells That Guy that he'll kick him if he keeps arguing
> That Guy claims it's the DM's fault, because he has to follow the rulebook to the letter
> Next session, he comes up with a list of demands for the DM to follow
> Stuff like always follow the rulebook, or he'll do things to fuck over the party
> DM just quietly goes along with it, since he's already a beta. By this point, two of the party members have left
> He ends up showing me a list of things he's made as an alchemist. Among them was a list of potions of sex change.. One for each party member, and all labeled as potions of cure moderate wounds.
> He planned on leaving the party with them as a surprise. If he had to leave, he was making the whole party into trannies on his way out
> At this point I showed the list to the DM, but he just goes along with it for now.
> Later we go through a boss fight. That Guy does some weird ass game-breaking combo to instantly kill the boss(An ancient werewolf, probably the first one ever created in the setting).
> DM loses his shit completely, announces that the chaos god we met earlier shows up, stops time, and yanks the alchemist out.
> "All the alchemists potions stop working"
> Kicks That Guy out on the spot.
>>
>>47226640
Barracks.
>>
>>47225024
You know a guy named cameron from blaine?
>>
One player I've got consistently plays the most contrarian, out-of-context characters possible.
If it's a serious campaign he'll play a LoLRandumb arsehole. In a lighthearted campaign he plays a grim and dour type. If I make it clear that an npc is important he'll act as though said npc is not. If an npc is completely tangential he'll insist on knowing the guy's name and a detailed history.
In a setting with no guns he demands to play a gunslinger, a setting with guns everywhere and he goes for pure melee.
If the other players act mature he'll act like a complete social retard, if the other players are retards he'll be the only adult in the room.
He has personally precipitated the premature end of multiple campaigns I've organised, usually before they really get going.
Can't dump him because all the other players are friends of his and dumping him means dumping them as well.
Once I wrap up this current campaign (or more accurately, when he ruins it) I'm just going to start poaching players from the local university's Roleplaying club. Can't be bothered to put up with his shit for too much longer.
>>
>>47225446
You won't get much unless you're pickpocketing Napstablook or Mettaton or one of the fuckin' ghosts from Undertale.
>>
>>47227198
why did you bring up blunderfail and waste a perfectly good image slot in this thread

that contributed literally nothing, that wasn't even a shitpost
>>
>>47227240
Undetale's pretty great, though the community cancer is real.
Do agree about the image slot thing though. No need.
>>
>>47226559
>>47226768
Normally I would think stories like these are fake, but I have met plenty of weirdos on this level. Shame none of them are /tg/ related.
>>
>>47225161
I sympathize with the bad luck.
I have a friend I call Evil Keen who can consistently roll ones 75% of the time when playing Risk, no matter which dice he uses.
At this point, he simply refuses to play games that can be entirely decided by random dice.

I have some advice for you that you might’ve already heard:
>Write ornate stories
Good work for backstories, histories, etc.
Not future game events.
Never plan anything ornate more than one session ahead, ever.
Intended plot points and twists are fine, but writing out details is writing practice, not gaming.

>Do tons of building
Fun innit?
>that never get explored
This is why you build in broad strokes and leave details for later.
Fleshing out every village is useless.
And sometimes, that one race you made just never gets picked or encountered so it just never sees the light of day.

>Storylines I want to try are dashed aside quickly in favor of wild cards
This is the line that drove me to respond.
Either your players are too randumb or you never learned magic tricks as a kid.

If you and your players start a game of Fantasyland political intrigue and they want to go off and be loli pirates instead, that is not the game you agreed to play.
You don’t have to run it.
If their characters have no reason to participate in the plot, then you should not have accepted them as characters.
If they were existing pcs, don’t give the Hitchcock story to Buster Gold and the Superfriends.

If they want to try something, you don’t have to let them.
You don’t have to let them roll for it.
You don’t have to let random chance have the opportunity to screw you.
Learn from Evil Keen: If the dice fuck you, fuck the dice.

As for magic tricks, Google “Forcing a card”.
Let the players pick the door, but you decide what’s behind it.
This method of GMing is not popular on /tg/.
It can be abused.
Using it to simply avoid “wild cards” is fine.
And if you do it right, nobody will know you’re doing it all.
>>
>>47227429
Yea, I had the same thoughts on /tg/ stories before. Then I joined a pathfinder campaign with a 'That Guy' that tried to flirt with my 14 year old sister, almost constantly. He was my introduction to the degeneracy in this hobby.

Of course actual degenerates like this are pretty rare. I ended up going like 5 years before meeting another person that would be worthy of "That guy threads" mentioning, and that's punkie.
>>
>>47226052
...Collete? Is she really as bad as everyone says she is, I haven't actually heard any stories of her.
>>
>>47225221

That was the same thread with The Amazing Dildoni. Those were good times.
>>
>>47227533
>tried to flirt with my 14 year old sister
how did you not punch his teeth in?
>>
>>47225718

I honestly don't care to much about the rest of it considering that last bit since everything else pales in comparison.

forgive me for saying this bout your buddy but he sounds like a jackass, and i hope terrible things happen to him.
>>
i went to a game at my local game store for the first time, and i kid you not this pale lanky white dude came in in this frilly black and white dress and sat down at the table. It looked like something out of an animu, like the rich bitch would wear, he even had a bloody parasol for it. Everyone else accepts this as absolutely ordinary. Dude was creepy as fuck, played a young girl. Never went back.
>>
>>47227783
you should have gotten a picture
>>
>>47227198
>pickpocketing Napstablook or Mettaton

Do they even have pockets to pick?
>>
>>47225024
Oh shit, what'd we do now?
>>
>>47227996
See
>>47225685
>>
File: nottodd.jpg (862 KB, 2696x4044) Image search: [Google]
nottodd.jpg
862 KB, 2696x4044
>>47225614
This todd feller doesn't sound too bad. He make any great games?
>>
>>47227741
I don't wish anything bad upon him honestly sometimes I feel I should. I just wish he would return to his senses.
>>
>>47226884
Name doesn't ring a bell, was he around 3 years ago?
>>
>>47227543
What is it a she or a they or a wut. I have heard other stories.
>>
>>47224691

There was this one guy in several groups I was in for about a year and a half, and I don't know what the hell his problem was. He quite literally didn't seem to get the point of RPGs, and instead viewed them as slightly interactive tactical puzzles.

I'm not just talking munchkining (although he did that too). He would actively rant and try to stop people from doing things like develop characters, or talk to NPCs. No, the only right way to play any game was to get your missions/quests, head out, kill the bad guys, come back and get better shit, and then rinse and do it again.

It's been some time, so I might not get his words exactly right, but I remember him blasting into a new guy at the table for trying to chat up a receptionist NPC who had no major plot function that we could discern.

>I am so sick of you scene stealing elitists. If you want to have a rambling monologue about how you feel, about how bad this war is and make plans for when it's all over, go to a Shakespeare revival where it's appropriate.
>>
File: plaguebearer.jpg (7 KB, 246x334) Image search: [Google]
plaguebearer.jpg
7 KB, 246x334
>>
>>47228143
What kind of response did he get?
>>
>>47228179

That particular one? Awkward silence.

He tended to gravitate towards spineless GMs, and the ones who really did nothing other than kick the door in campaigns. There wasn't even like some grand confrontation I had with him, I just stopped playing in the groups that he did, or he would leave when we weren't being murderhoboey enough.
>>
>>47228143
There may be a strong chance that he's legitimately autistic. There are lots of autistic people that find it hard to understand why others enjoy roleplaying.
>>
>>47228221

This is just a subjective gut thing, but I don't think so. He never gave off that kind of vibe, and if it was for "appropriate" reasons, he could intrigue and talk to NPCs with a reasonable amount of skill.

He just saw no purpose whatsoever in establishing a character, he seemed to think tabletop games were something you tried to win or high score like a shooter or something. Trying to make a character that was something more than a statblock distracted from the real point, which is acquiring ever bigger guns and fighting ever bigger challenges.

But take it with a grain of salt, since I'm remembering stuff from years ago and I'm colored with a fair amount of dislike for the guy.
>>
>>47228203
Ah well, suppose that guys getting BTFOed is too much to ask for. Still, hoping we'd get a story where one gets chewed out at least.
>>
>>47227736
There's nothing wrong with casually flirting anon. Teens learn by example, and usually are pretty insecure so there's nothing wrong with giving positive reinforcement when they clumsily try to interact with you as an adult.

Same as when you meet their mom and ask if they're an older Cousin or something like that, harmless social compliments.

It's different if he's actually hitting on her though, you can say "Wow, that top looks really cute, that shade of blue is really your colour" but asking if she wants you to come shopping so she can model clothes for you or some autistic sperging like that is right out.

What am I talking about, it's a "That Guy" thread, he probably would have said something like "that shirt would look better on my bedroom floor" or something.

Anyways, the worst player I ever played with was probably my first roommate. He was trying to get us all into D&D and his friend was GMing, the rest of us were new.

He was so fixated on "beating" the module where we were just trying to have fun dicking around that it ended with nobody enjoying anything and we just stopped after a couple of sessions. "No, you can't hit on the barmaid". "No, you can't challenge the Goblin to single combat." "No, you can't try to join the Bandits" etc.

I mean, I can see why he would be upset. But when you're trying to get people interested in something and they're testing it out to see what they can do, that's when you throw out the plan and just have fun with everyone at least for the first time and then come back and say "Okay, you guys have an idea of what you can do, let's try to play through this and get something accomplished."

Instead he just got mad and told everyone they were having fun wrong each time.

I guess ultimately it felt like we weren't playing Our Guys, we were just playing His Guy. I say he's the "that guy" because he was the one with experience doing this thing.
>>
>>47228104
Nah he wouldve been 15 at the time.
>>
>>47228143
I hope that guy finds the game he wants. There's nothing wrong with playing dnd or the like as a creative tactics game, though ofc that's no excuse for blowing up at the table.
>>
>>47227517
I don't mind doing all for naught. I worked in intelligence. Contigency and redundancy are in my bag. Dungeoneering was something I did for fun before I discovered my /k/ love for guns. Though I still do it, I just wish they would get used more.

Basically when I do world building, I go all out. I realize a good portion of that world will never be seen. Though what is really upsetting is when a campaign never kicks off and i made a world with 21 huge ass uber dungeons and an impressive amount of fluff, but it only lasted two sessions because people couldn't show up.

Though what was hilarious was 3/5 of the party members were trying to pull shit on each other.

Let's call them Andy, Bob and Clint

Andy: Wanted to do something new a necromancer pretending to be a paladin. This was possible, as we were playing 3.5, it just required lots of splatbooks and tons of creativity. It worked, and was an interesting build.

Bob: Wanted to build a Vampire pretending to be a strange build fighter ranger with magic items, yet again another possible build but fun to do.

Clint: Clint isn't that guy. Sure he plays girls all the time but he isn't shitty about it and is a good roleplayer and all around cool dude. He was doing a succubus pretending to be a bard.

Then there was That guy friend who we will call Don- who played basically a dick ass wizard and New guy Ed. Ed played a Gnome Cleric. Ed's idea was interesting.

Lasted all of two sessions. First one was getting to know you.

Second session was basically trying to complete an assignment, and it went okay. Then they got gamer ADHD which they do often.
>>
>>47227736
Because I was 17 at the time, and the guy flirting with my 14 year old sister was 37 years old. I was smart enough back then to not try picking a fight with a marine veteran with 20 years ober me.
>>
>>47228336
You do know that there is no scenario where you could have lost right? If he did anything too bad to you it's a matter of talking to the police or whatever and he'd always look like a jackass.

>37 year old man
>flirting with a 14 year old
>beats up 17 year old brother

You weren't smart enough, you're just a coward. Admit that, nothing wrong with that since most of the people on this board are beta.
>>
>>47228264
>its okay to tell a guys fourteen year old sister "that top looks good on you"
>its a harmless social compliment!

Think you really need a reality check there, bucko.
>>
>>47228387

getting the shit beat out of you counts as a loss even if the guy gets busted after, stupid. and maybe that anon doesn't really like his sister, who knows.
>>
>>47228521
Really? I think your over concerning about complimenting their appearance is fucked up and sexualizing them more than that.

Kind of like how weird Americans are with breastfeeding. You're so focused on them being sexual that you can't see them in any other way.

Believe it or not, normal people can actually interact with women and children and not be sweaty palmed about it.
>>
>>47228387
>clearly fucked up priorities, given how old he is compared to how old she is
>is a veteran
>is far older than anon

>lol u pussy fite him

something tells me you play a lot of smitebots.
>>
>>47228387

Depends how it actually went down. Why was he interacting with his 14 year old sister in the first place if there was such an age gap? Was it online? Did he make constant remarks and try to actually spend time with the sister or invite her out, or was he just being polite and trying to make her feel comfortable?

Shit like this gets people upset as fuck, but a lot of how the situation should be handled depends on context. The appropriate response could be anything from "Hey dude, tone it down, she's still just 14" or hard bailing, to calling the cops.
>>
>>47228667
No just call him out on his shit since he clearly morally in the wrong and when he does beat you up he will look like a total tool for beating up a 17 year od boy who just wanted to save the dignity of his 14 year old sister.

You are aware of the massive social stigma attached to Ephebophilia? And even if you don't confront him, don't make it about 'being smart', just admit you're too pussy to confront someone who is clearly harrassing your sister.
>>
>Tau Player
>Don't even play 40k
>Played some fucking off the shelf trendy, pick up card game with him and some friends
>Hang out with him in unrelated scenarios for probably a combined total of 6 hours
>Without trying he convinces me he is worse than hitler.

I won't go into specifics because literally it was a culmination of little things going on. Imagine if you will, you're stuck in an elevator with the largest, smelliest neckbeard you know. Now imagine for some fucking reason he's wearing a fur coat and a pinstriped fedora in summer. Now also imagine that it's a fifty story building and you both need to get to the roof.

The whole way up he's liberally farting, coughing and sneezing without covering it or apologizing, then he looks at his phone covered in pony stickers to gaze at godless porn in public. You attempt a few times to operate the elevator and each time he makes sure you're not "Fucking it up for the rest of us" and that he makes sure that you know that he would have done it better.

Now all this wouldn't be so bad. But now imagine as you exit you, despite your best efforts not to touch this horrid creature just barely brush by him. His fat horrid face and crooked teeth twist into the most disgusted look anyone has ever made and he obnoxiously brushes off the spot where you barely touched him as if you had somehow contaminated it.

Anyway, condense that time down and that was every single minute spent with the guy.
>>
>>47228704
>you

not even that guy, bucko, I just think calling out a mentally ill marine is a dangerous proposition that you don't do unless you have backup that'll make sure he doesn't break your nose.

What you do, and i'm not sure if anon did this, is quietly arrange for you to never see his possibly PTSD ass ever again.
>>
>>47224691
Some sperg who was settinglawyering in a setting that left large plot holes specifically for the GM to fill in.
>>
>>47228738
Should have clarified that the Tau Player was the That Guy in the story. I'm the one who doesn't play 40k though if a discussion comes up, that experience alone was so bad that I have a bias toward Tau now.
>>
>>47227939

the hell would i want a picture of that for?
>>
>>47228742
True that, but just standing by when some unhinged marine harrasses your sister is so fucking beta.

And you do have backup, at least in the sense that when he starts beating you up all the other players should intervene. Not a big chance of that since cowardice is bred into geeks like their white skin but whatever.

Also, I'm not saying you should immediatly flip the table and sucker punch the guy in the face. Just take him aside and say that you don't appreciate him flirting with your underage sister.

Risking a punch to the face for saving the dignity of your sister must be worth it right? Also I assume that she was uncomfortable with the whole thing.
>>
>>47225161
>Never take higher than 11th unless someone drops or dqs. Always get weak hands and have been mana screwed in EVERY TOURNAMENT.
Tbqh you just sound like you can't craft a manabase worth a damn, fampai.
>>
>>47228651
As a complete fucking stranger that is nearly double the girls age, commenting on how her top is cute, as a thirty five year old man, should set off alarms for nearly everyone in that room.

But go ahead continuing to spend your life with people questioning if you're a pedophile or not I guess.
>>
File: 6.jpg (134 KB, 480x1750) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
134 KB, 480x1750
>>47228651
>Really? I think your over concerning about complimenting their appearance is fucked up and sexualizing them more than that.
>You're so focused on them being sexual that you can't see them in any other way.
>Believe it or not, normal people can actually interact with women and children and not be sweaty palmed about it.
This is what depraved anons, who advocate 37 year old men trying “to flirt with a 14 year old girl, almost constantly”, by saying “there's nothing wrong with casually flirting”, actually believe.

I’m not that anon, but an older teen “constantly trying to flirt” with a 14 year old girl is, at the very least, bad gaming.
Once it was revealed he was 37, you had no argument and should have stopped posting.
>>
>>47228677
Totally true but since the poster made a point of it I assume he was actually harrasing her.

Just don't stand there and take it since he is older or some shit like that. Call him out on his behaviour maybe he didn't mean anything with it and was just being nice. You'll know soon enough depending on his response.
>>
>>47226559
>>47226768
To be honest here, your whole party sounds like a trainwreck, including you.
>>
I'm going to have to go ahead and say the guy saying Americans are crazy for being offended at a thirty five year old man, complete stranger to this child, complimenting her "top", as "polite social compliments" must be fucking Swedish or something.
>>
idk if he's the worst player I've ever had to play with (I've learned to smell "those guys" from a mile away and avoid playing with them at all costs), but this one guy stands out in my memory. he was "that guy" and I had to play with him 'cause my social space in my early gaming days was mostly people I knew at community college.

that guy was a huge dude with a pony tail who was constantly loud and had a off-putting obsession with young female anime characters. I should mention this was back before moe permeated almost all of anime space, so this guy came off as a creepy lolicon (who had friends in this circle who genuinely liked him, which still baffles me to this day). people who didn't like him much either told me he'd pull shit in games like trying to fudge his dice rolls (as a player mind you). we didn't get along to begin with, though that's largely 'cause I tried not being his friend.

an acquaintance who I know through anime club wants to run a one-shot adventure in GURPS Discworld. I know little about Discworld (still don't), but what I do know makes me think this will be fun (GM makes my character an amnesiac assassin since I don't know system or setting, but it was a fun character). some club officer with whom I share mutual intolerance with plays an attractive female, but w/e his character is a bard, and he wasn't creepy about it. THAT GUY plays a 14 year old witch from wherever Asialand is in Discworld, and yes he was really creepy about the fact that he's a super attractive 14 year old Japanese teenage girl. I'm pretty sure I blocked anything specific from my memory, and I still had fun overall, but I remember him playing this character made me really uncomfortable, and any benefit of the doubt I gave him was lost in that game.

(another story after this)
>>
>>47224691
>constantly played lone wolf characters in every game
>never willing to try GMing, foreverplayer and weirdly proud of it
>creates characters expressly designed to kill other PCs
>passes notes to GM that say "I kill [other PC] in their sleep"
>GM, sick of his shit, reads note aloud to group
>game goes on hiatus

>game restarts, decide to give him another try
>makes a character that is only interested in killing people
>GM dangles every fucking plot hook in front of him to get him interested in something else
>nope
>game now has a timer - if non-combat stuff lasts more than five minutes, that guy is going to get bored and start shit
>climactic scene where our post-apoc-survivors-town welcomes much needed new blood into town, after months of plot and protecting them from threats
>that guy says "I stab their leader."
>GM stares at him
>everyone else stares at him
>GM: "Really?"
>yeah
>game goes on hiatus

>okay, third time's the charm, he fucks this up, he's out
>new characters
>that guy has his homebrewed overpowered race
>that guy has his homebrewed overpowered class
>GM: "Don't you think you should talk about that with your GM?"
>That Guy: "No."

And that was it. Now he haunts other people's games, and we occasionally hear our friends in those games complaining about him. I feel bad, because our group was kind of like a way of containing him; sure, he was awful, selfish and intentionally disruptive, but we were doing the world a favour by keeping him locked up in our campaign.
>>
>>47228906
some months later I decide to try DM'ing and run a 3.5 game in an early 1900's fantasy city I made up (it was okay). that guy shows up one day, notices D&D is going on, makes a character and joins my game without asking. I already had some douche who was a diva player pull the same in the first session (guy had an uncanny knack for rolling 18's and putting them in charisma), so I was pissed on the inside. at the same time younger me was socially timid, and couldn't even tell this guy off, not to mention he had friends in this social group, so doing so would lower my social standing to an even further spot than it already was. I was lacking players, and all but one of them I hated anyway, so I relented. THAT GUY makes an attractive teenage female human with CHA 17. she acts like a goddamn diva in game. she's also a cleric of Mystra, nevermind asking me what setting this game was in. his character was rarely cooperative, and I'm not even sure what her motive was for joining the party. thankfully he couldn't play anymore after two sessions, so I had a brief respite before I ended the game a few sessions later.

he wasn't creepy that time, but fuck if he made it hard to DM my first campaign, and of course he pulled that dice fudging shit on me more than once. also just the sheer audacity to join my game like that. at least other guy tried asking about my game before he made his 18 Cha douchebag. thankfully he got progressively busier with his pursuit of becoming a professional chef, so I saw less and less of him, but god if I never want to see him again. actually it's been nearly 8 years, so I'm doing well in that regard lol.

...actually one of the players in that campaign is another example of "that guy", but I'll probably save that for another thread.
>>
>my best friend
>went through 7 characters
>their names:"Sir Bearington I, Sir Bearington II, Sir Bearington III, Sir Bearington IV, Sir Bearington V, Sir Bearington VI, Sir Bearington VII, "
>all bugbear fighters (he thought a bugbear is an actual bear)
>all he did, EVER, was yell:"I swing my axe in a circle" during fights
>never did anything else, instantly zoned out as soon as battle ends
>at least he didn't prevent me from doing stupid shit
>all in all, the group he was in was fun times
>>
>>47229029
>I feel bad, because our group was kind of like a way of containing him; sure, he was awful, selfish and intentionally disruptive, but we were doing the world a favour by keeping him locked up in our campaign.
Don't feel bad, it's the fault of the players in the other games for letting him have his way and not do something about it. And honestly you guys were lenient with him. My group would have kicked him out the second time and kept playing without him.
>>
>>47228796
From
>How did you not punch his teeth in
Which was what Anon was responding to with his comment about being 17 and not wanting to punch a Vet.
>Also, I'm not saying you should immediately flip the table and sucker punch the guy.

Either you're not paying attention, or wonderful goalpost shifting.
>>
>>47228840
>>47228899

Yeah, reading back I guess I skipped out on the "Complete stranger" part of the equation. I tend to game with a group of people who are actually close friends and was thinking of it in that context since we're in our early 30s now and one of my friends has a cousin about that age who's been around a lot since she was young because her parents are divorced, Dad works out of town and her mom works shift-work so he's free babysitting. She's about 16 now but there was definitely a time when she was 13-14 and first starting to wear make-up and get interested in boys, and she was adorably awkward about trying to flirt with us, a little bit of just copying what she had seen a little bit trying to be cute to get us to do shit like let her have Ice cream or give her a ride to her friends and such.

So yeah, sometimes you joke around flirting back but because we're not autists in was never anything weird or breaking boundaries and shit. Pretty sure everyone still sees her now as that 11 year old who stole her moms lipstick and went around leaving lip prints on stuff and for weeks would try to ambush one of our friends who had a girlfriend and kiss him on the cheek to leave a lipstick mark to "get him in trouble".

It's about as sexual as playing gay chicken with your friends.

Well, about as sexual as playing gay chicken with your friends is for normal guys I don't know about the user base here and your games of "pretend". Watch Scrubs with JD and Turk, it's more toned down than that even.
>>
>>47229190
>about as sexual as playing gay chicken with your friends

this is not a thing normal guys do
>>
>>47228844
>>47228899
look I'ma just put in my two american cents and say that a grown ass man complimenting a teenage girl on her "top" is ODDLY specific....

>>47229029
man party killing characters are the worst, and the people who play them are generally crazy fuckers vicariously being serial killers through their characters. I'm honestly surprised your GM didn't try and fuck up his character the second time around, that's what I'd do.

>>47229138
guy fuckin clearly doesn't understand what it means to play Sir Bearington, wtf
>>
>>47229210
It's pretty normal. It's like you've never been to college or university, or had a bromance.
>>
>>47224691
Played Settlers of Catan with a guy who literally thrown the table after he was eclipsed.
This definitely takes the cake, because no amounds of "That Guys" in tabletop RPG went this far as this guy.
I mean throwing a table.
During a tournament.
What the fuck?!
>>
Whichever player is trying to "win" the RPG and slogging the game into technicalities to increase some bonus or whatever when it would be really nice if the story could keep moving.
>>
>>47229210
>this is not a thing normal guys do
Seconding this.
Not saying it’s strangely bizarre, but it’s not normal accepted behavior either.

>>47229314
>It's pretty normal. It's like you've never been to college or university, or had a bromance.
Not that anon, but I went to University and never had this happen either.
Never had a bromance though.

I did have a friend of a friend who kept trying to initiate what I suppose could have been considered a nasty variation of gay chicken.
He kept initiating comments that were disgustingly specific gay come-on lines, which were absurdly over the top.
I never responded in kind trying to top him, like my real friend later advised me was the expected custom.
Instead, I politely refused his “advances” and assured him I was not homosexual, but was flattered and hoped he found a man he could be happy with someday.
By the end of any night he tried this, he kept trying to insist that he wasn’t really gay and I would convincingly assure him that if he wanted to stay in the closet, I was fine with it and wouldn’t say anything.
He kept trying to get me to “understand” that he wasn’t really gay, and I wasn’t buying it.
Essentially, I refused to play his game of nasty homo bantz and instead played the game of convincing him I really thought he was gay and treat him in the most respectful way possible.
And here is the key, I stuck to it.
Forever.
Fifteen years later, I have yet to use different approach whenever it comes up, which is exceedingly rare the last few years. Thankfully.

I have repeatedly referred to his wife as a beard.
That gentlemen, is how *I* play “gay chicken.”
>>
>>47229269
>>47229151
>And honestly you guys were lenient with him
>I'm honestly surprised your GM didn't try and fuck up his character the second time around

Our GM and group overall were pretty patient - we'd had some people who made mistakes and acted like little shits, but once they'd got it our of their system and realised how the rest of the group was feeling, they rather mellowed out and became the sort of person you wouldn't mind around the table with you when playing.

But I think That Guy broke our GM. He's not really run a game since. Which isn't necessarily such a bad thing, as it's only fair that everyone should take a turn behind the screen, and trying your hand at running a game probably goes some way to making you a better player... but it's just hard not to think that something inside our old GM - and the rest of us - died that third time.
>>
>>47229506
I think you won gay chicken.

usually there's no winners, only losers and awkward, regretful mornings
>>
I'll do you one better and give you the shittiest-tier of player: Anyone who ever takes stuff that happens in-game as a personal attack.
>>
>>47229637

....not gonna lie anon, I feel compelled to believe that you're "that guy".
>>
>>47229675
Even if we're friends, i should feel entitled to let my pc cut off one of your PC's fingers if he stole from mine or punch him in the face if he's being a problematic cunt
>>
File: 8yjzB24[1].gif (481 KB, 500x252) Image search: [Google]
8yjzB24[1].gif
481 KB, 500x252
>>47229727
>Anyone who ever takes stuff that happens in-game as a personal attack.
>i should feel entitled to let my pc cut off one of your PC's fingers if he stole from mine or punch him in the face if he's being a problematic cunt
>>
>>47229762
>why do actions have consequences?
>>
>>47229787
>why does the anon think my extreme brand of personal justice is bad? ;_;
>>
>>47224928
>3 20s to pick pocket a ghost
I have one of those stories about 3 20s but it was the DM rolling 3 20s for a Kobold with a sharp stick and killing my min-maxed fighter.
And that is why I don't min-max anymore.
>>
>>47226535
That was one cringeworthy video...
>>
>>47228042
Fore youth
>>
>>47229392
Got a player like that once. Min-maxed character, then he kept on going for the one niche he specified upon character creation. Upon maxing out everything in it, getting the best possible gear (after heavily interferring with the plot to get closer to his own goals) and picking up all the perks that were even remotely related with being powerful mage...
... he quit, stating there is nothing more for him to do in the game.
>>
>>47229727
Here's a little nugget of information: You are never entitled to anything in-game unless the rules say it.
>>
>>47224691
i had a guy who didn't really know how to play RPGs outside of making ghost towns skyrim or fallout.

his only redeeming quality was acting out characters but that gets overshadowed when he tried to shoehorn himself into the spotlight of scenes he had nothing to do with.

he always rolled a CN character that really wanted to be CE in a generally good campaign because he thought he could get away with his antics.

and when his assumption was always proven wrong time and time again or get called out/confronted on his behavior he'd get upset and either try to derail the game, throw a tantrum, be passive aggressive or just storm out.

we ultimately made him rage quit
>>
the owner / manager of a lgs that kicked me out for cheating when I caught him cheating in a game of 40k...
>>
>>47224691
I've come to really hate my group and I was originally going to discuss them, but then I remembered this guy from back when I got into gaming and I just can't ignore him.

So it was online, as I only play online, Rogue Trader, one of my first gaming experiences. The game was a very high power sandbox with a pushover for GM and way too many players. The guy in question, I can't remember his name so I'll call him Guy. Guy convinced the GM to let him play a Dark Heresy assassin instead of an RT character, not that unusual really, but his assassin was a tiny woman who wore skin tight latex and spent most of the time posing lewdly. Guy was clearly enjoying his magical realm, and while I was uncomfortable it wasn't too much of a big deal.

At a certain point in the campaign, my character, the seneschal, basically redirected a crusade from the Tau towards some Nids, but pinned it on Guy's character when the Inquisition came knocking. Another player was a terrible white knight snowflake SM and stepped in to take the blame, and eventually a trial happened. Guy's character was spared, but he decided to make a new one anyways.

He made a full on anthro furry character, a fox man IIRC, and the GM just let him do it. Needless to say, I left the group at that point.

It wasn't just his deviant fetishism that made him awful, though, Guy was part of the worst bits of reddit and tumblr and frequently referenced memes related to them OOC. He was really awkward but didn't have social inhibitions, like he believed he was a fun, outgoing, intelligent person even when it was clearly not the case at all.

Just such a terrible experience.
>>
>>47224691
My friend's housemate. He tagged along because he seems to hate being left out of anything.

First off, this is my first time playing a trad RPG (D&D 3.5) and it took a while to get a hang on the role playing, but after I got a grasp of my Cleric character, I started having a lot of fun.

This dude has no interest in roleplaying, he just wants to co-DM. Finally after he shitty role he stopped playing and pouted in the corner for the rest of the night.
>>
File: 1460812261671.jpg (1 MB, 2400x1800) Image search: [Google]
1460812261671.jpg
1 MB, 2400x1800
>>47226535
He's something else alright
>>
Three way tie between a hard core juggalo rollplayer who flat out stated that he viewed the rest of the group as like a really advanced computer for him to murder things with, and who never gave a name or description to any of his characters, a maybe autistic narcoleptic brony who would misread/not read rules and get mad when his character didn't work like he thought it did, fall asleep and get angry that people went on without him, would take legit hours to come up with actions, and once jacked off when it wasn't his turn on roll20, and a. Borderline retarded (like actively hates learning and knowledge) weeb power gamer who 'helps' by blindly attacking any npc the party talks to if they take too long, only roleplays characters who are either clinically retarded or sexual predators, threatened violence over a minor change to an NPC he liked, and went full out mazes and monsters "the game is real in another universe and I am my character" crazy after he raped guy 2's pony
>>
>>47224691
Spent 4 years of my life having to play MTG with a literal pedophile.

Loved Emrakul, put him in all of his decks, laughed his ass off every time he had him in his hand.
Made custom cards and would slip them into his decks and not tell us. I mean shitty cards like "The Power of Love"; pay WUBRG and win the game, with a picture of his ugly-ass girlfriend as the art.
Subtly sexually harassed my girlfriend, made everyone super uncomfortable in lots of other ways, etc etc

I could go on.
>>
>>47225685
Is that all?

Mind you this story is second hand, but I know about a guy who played with the same LARP group for years before he went fucking insane. He showed up to a session one day, after the last one ended with a heated rules argument, in character with a new sword he had made.

Keep in mind this is america, where people make their LARP gear out of shitty pool noodles.

Anyway he gives a list of in-character grievances against everyone else mostly involving how wicked and corrupt they are, then he surprise attacks the nearest dude with his new sword.

See, most pool noodle "swords" have a plastic core, usually PVC pipe or something similar, but this maniac just covered a big fucking iron pipe with a pool noodle and some tape. Fucker goes ballistic on everyone, beating them with his iron pipe sword, breaking bones and shit like that. This goes on until the cops arrive and take him down with tasers.

He hospitalized 3 people and went to jail for multiple counts of assault.
>>
>>47235318
>4 years
But why?

I never understand it with most of fa/tg/uys - they keep hanging with people they hate, as if they were sentenced to each other.
>>
>>47235318
>a literal pedophile
Go on about that
>>
>>47235457
High school, fella.
We got stuck in the same shop of a tech school.

Also, he came from a "disadvantaged home life," so the school psychologist literally made it so no one could openly say shit about him.
>>
>>47235481
I met him at freshman year of high school, and during that summer, he jacked off onto a 10 year old Boy Scout. He was 14 at the time.

He hid this fact from us, playing it off as "I didn't do anything; the kid was just being stupid and told lies about me!"
We believed him cause he was our friend (at the time), but we eventually found out the truth about halfway through Junior year.

To add to it, he also hit on all of the incoming Freshman each year, and stalked several of the girls in our grade.
>>
>>47230824
>really wanted to be CE in a generally good campaign because he thought he could get away with his antics.

Playing Evil doesn't allow you to be a criminal. That's the fun part of being evil, it's thwarting the good guys even though there are consequences. But either way you don't 'get away with antics' if you are evil.
>>
File: 1461925492469.jpg (10 KB, 213x190) Image search: [Google]
1461925492469.jpg
10 KB, 213x190
>>47233004
Sloth reporting, have ants and have gotten used to them as well as imaginary friends
>>
>>47236088
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>47235457
>>47235484
yeah, like my post about that guy at community college. school is both a blessing and a curse for the socially inept.
>>
File: 1459153500204.png (16 KB, 958x660) Image search: [Google]
1459153500204.png
16 KB, 958x660
>>47236293
Really the ants aren't that bad
>>
>>47228167
I think i remember this guy from a greentext story a long ass time ago. Am I wrong?
>>
File: Hmm.png (4 KB, 302x237) Image search: [Google]
Hmm.png
4 KB, 302x237
>>47224691
In terms of actually the worst at the game, a guy I played Pathfinder with in college. He spent the entire session on his laptop or his DS. All his characters were exact builds he found on forums from other people who said they were good. Always some weird class none of us had ever heard of from some random splat book. He never once learned how the mechanics of any of his characters worked, and would always ask us what he was supposed to do, like whether he had a spell or what his Will save was or how some ability worked. We would then tell him, every time, we don't know how your class works, or what book it's from, or even what it's called. So we can't help you.

As a roleplayer, he was the sort of guy where when you asked him what his character's name was again, he didn't remember either, had to look it up, and then discovered he'd never come up with one. Never spoke unless spoken to first. Never had anything to say or add to any situation or discussion. Never had any opinion. Acted confused that you were even asking him. Never knew what was currently going on.

He had a character die once, then came back and played him for a few hours the next week. When the GM noticed, the guy was genuinely surprised. He had died the previous week and neither he nor anyone else even remembered. Then he asked if he could just rename his character and use the same stats. GM asked what his name had been. Didn't know. Asked what the new one was. Couldn't come up with an answer.

Never wanted to hang out with us out of game, never wanted to come eat with us after game, never joined in any of the conversations about Star Wars or whatever during game. Just sat there playing pokemon and ignoring us. Showed up almost every week for like two years.

I don't fucking know, man. Sometimes I just don't know.
>>
>>47238576
>didn't realize his own goddamn character had died

I have questions
>>
File: Elf Intensifies.gif (4 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Elf Intensifies.gif
4 MB, 800x800
>>47238576
In terms of the most annoying as a person, just in general as well as in the game, this other guy I knew around the same time. I was never in a long term game with him (and not by chance) but was in a lot of one shots with him, or games he joined and left after 1-3 games, which he did a lot.

He was a huge, huge, HUGE drama queen. Like you cannot even imagine. Basically had the personality of a 13 year old girl. Was constantly in the midst of some imagined rift with someone or other, would endlessly ask people probing questions so he could then try to insult or one-up you. The kind of dude who would ask you what grade you got in a class specifically so he could say his was higher. Would ask politely how much you made an hour, then gleefully tell you how he made more. I've never met a person who expended so much energy trying to insult other people, or who would become so butthurt over the most innocuous comments. The kind of dude who would get pissed at you because you hadn't been enthusiastic enough in congratulating him, and would bitch about it for the next two hours.

In game, he was a fucking megalomaniac. Everything had to revolve around him and he had to be in charge. He would routinely threaten, attack, maim, and kill other player characters if they didn't do what he said. He would get away with it largely because he was such a minmaxer that usually no one could really put up a fight. In the few games where I or someone else wasn't clearly weaker than his character and just told him to fuck off, he would get sullen and whiney, and then never come back to the game.

He also once spent a night trying to get me to admit that I was a bigot because I didn't like My Little Ponies. Back then I had a real problem with wanting to be polite to people, so he was one of several "friends" I took a long time to finally just ditch. So glad I got over that phase.
>>
>>47224691
Steve
>>
>>47238891
Fuck Steve
Also fuck Mathew
>>
>>47235446
>america
>nobody with gun around
Cool story.
>>
>>47226700
>>47225929
I second that request. Please, anon-kun.
>>
>>47225685
Lel. Coming from the otherest game that used to be Changeling (now a homebrew) I'm glad that most of the loonies went to that one.
Most of them.
>>
>>47239003
Samefag.
Notably, nothe all of the players at the other changeling larp were bad. But there is good reason ours outlasted theirs.
>>
"I only play Chaotic Neutral."
>>
>>47239026
>>47239003

LARP on campus in general seems to bring out the crazies, and a few creepers.

I don't know, I think most long running larps only exist because 4 or 5 people really want it to. The other ones (that I went to at least) didn't seem to have a dedicated core of ST's.

Of course my introduction to LARP was Rage Action Theater (ask some of the older ST's about it if you want some good storytiem) so my perception of it was tainted from the get go.
>>
>>47235678
he was basically playing evil characters and saying they're netural because he believed that because he "wasn't" evil he wouldn't have to deal with any sort of repercussions of his actions

and no matter how many times he got called out on his BS he still believed he shouldn't have to face any consequences which led to his outbursts
>>
>>47233004
> this is how /r9k/ views people

glad i don't go there
>>
>>47228704

Lol, the guy would have beat the kid up and if the kid called the cops the police would have saluted him and thanked him for his service, at which point the guy kills the kid, rapes the young girl, then saunters out. Assuming this happened in the US as the military is worshipped here and can legally do no wrong.
>>
>>47233004
>tfw elephant man
>>
>>47225166
>one woman is shitty so therefore never play with any
By your logic you should just never play with anyone, you dingus.

Take your shittery elsewhere.
>>
File: 1449232709123.jpg (365 KB, 2000x1087) Image search: [Google]
1449232709123.jpg
365 KB, 2000x1087
>>47241899
Why are you deliberately misrepresenting his argument?

He was generalizing women's behaviour.
He was not talking about a single woman.

>your shittery
>complaining about social nonconformity on 4chan

wew lad
>>
>>47224691
I'm probably the worst player I've met.
>join Pathfinder game because parents wouldn't let me play D&D when I was a kid and I've always been interested in rping
>show up without having read the rulebook except for character creation part
>literally don't know what I'm doing, take forever at my turns, and make lots of simple mistakes like not knowing how to calculate my basic damage
>whenever players seem annoyed, make confused pout and lean shoulders in in a way that pushes my boobs together
>whole group becomes very patient and helpful and scoot in close to explain nicely exactly what I need to do
>know the game much better than when I started, but still pretty much suck at it
>still enjoy the pure rping parts and being center of attention
You're all going to think I'm a troll making this up to prey on 4chan's infamous dislike of women. But unfortunately the story is true. I know, I'm terrible.
>>
File: image.jpg (437 KB, 2364x1330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
437 KB, 2364x1330
Fucker is obsessed with d2s.
>>
>>47242159
The difference would be if you are using the opportunity to learn and eventually get gud. "That girl"'s defining characteristic is an inability or unwillingness to learn.
>>
>>47242159
at least understand how your character works. The rest you can osmose from your other RPers, but at least go to the bare minimum of understanding your character. I don't care about you being male or female, or taking time during your turns when you start because you're a beginner, but at least learn the minimum.

If you like the RP portion of the game, be the party face. That sounds like what you want to be. Most systems will have the face be less roll-intensive, too.
>>
>>47242369
I've learned a lot and am much better than when I started. I understand how my own character works very well now like >>47242409 said. And I play a sorceress, who are charisma based in Pathfinder, so I'm pretty much party face. It's fun, but I think I enjoy it for different reasons than the rest of the group. Overall I'm still a pretty bad player though and can't hardly even do combat, except very slowly with much thought and pauses.
>>
>>47226596
...are you fucking stupid?

Okay, I get that you were trying to RP your character in a funny way. But have them SUGGEST to toss the magic staff into the fire, don't just fucking do it.

I'd probably kick you from my game for being disruptive, tbqh
>>
>>47227194
If someone is that bad, why do you play with them? You sound like a beta bitch for playing for him that long. What's the matter, are you a cuck?
>>
>>47228783
For proof so we would believe your made-up story
>>
>>47242642
People enjoy PF for different reasons, so that's not an issue.
Try thinking ahead of time what you want to do on your turn during combat, like when all the other players are doing their shit.
>>
>>47224763
bm2it
>>
>>47224763
The first step is acknowledging it. Good job.
>>
>>47224928
Kill it with fire
>>
>>47243027
Are you the retarded one? Literally no one knew it was a magic staff IC and a staff isn't even expensive (I'll go by D&D), using a mundane one for firewood is fairly reasonable. But wait, the players may have known/suspected OOC, but acting on that is metagaming, which only the metagaming faggot of his group decided to do. And if no one has spelled it out for an inbred like you before, that's generally a bad thing to do.

God, you'd kick anon for good role-playing? I'd fucking throw you out my group for the opposite, being absolute shit at RPing.
>>
>>47226596
That's pretty good. If I was GM I'd have the staff explode and maybe make a roll on the random event/effects chart.

Also would probably give you all exp somewhat in the range of the staffs worth. Kind of like a throw back to Barbarians in 2nd edition. Atleast I think it's 2nd edition. They were anti magic and got exp for destroying magic items.
>>
>>47243991
Good roleplaying is not slavish obedience to the constraints of IC knowledge and IC personality. Good roleplaying acknowledges that one is playing a role in a game and acts to maximize enjoyment and immersion.

That means not pointlessly destroying what is OOC obviously a magic item.
>>
>>47244063
Oh no a magic stick got burned, not like the DM can't give the players another one anywhere he wants if the thing was actually important.

I'm not even the guy who posted the story, but you are a fucking ass.
>>
File: let me die.png (166 KB, 379x390) Image search: [Google]
let me die.png
166 KB, 379x390
>>47230093
These people need to stick to their grind-simulator MMOs
>>
>>47230093

Why don't these players just play Baldur's Gate/Icewind dale/any other "tabletopish rpg"?
>>
File: 1450679737209.png (560 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1450679737209.png
560 KB, 900x900
>>47244063
>slavish obedience to the constraints of IC knowledge and IC personality

Oh it's not slavish, not at all. Good roleplaying in no way restricts your freedom to choose and do. In fact, I think its the pinnacle of immersion; immersing yourself in your character and doing as they would with their knowledge, and not as you think you should with the OOC knowledge you have (metagaming), and it is very enjoyable.

Try it some time.
>>
>>47244849

Not the dude you are replying too but there are so many other ways that situation could have been handled IC without throwing the thing in the fire. The player could have tossed it into a pile of firewood for instance, the owner of the stick finds it later, and more roleplaying ensues as he confronts the clueless character.

I'm all for immersion and roleplaying, but I'm with >>47244063. Unless it is literally the only logical thing for your character to do, you should never just destroy another characters stuff, harm them, or fuck with them in general just because you think it's what your character might do in that situation. Just take a second to think of something else you could do that is IC and doesn't fuck with someone and make their player upset. Everyone wants to have fun, no one wants the cool item they just got destroyed because of what is basically the equivalent of a DM saying "you never told me you were breathing, so you're dead."

Even the way the original story poster described the whole thing made him sound like a bit of a dick, to me at least.
>>
>>47244990
>the owner of the stick
>another characters stuff
The guy who threw a fit about it never actually had the staff. The guy who did pick it up gave it to the character who tried to put it in the fire.
>>
>>47225685
Was his name William?
I literally just moved out of Bellingham. I miss college town /tg/ activities. I don't miss college town rent and part time minimum wage jobs
>>
>>47245005
>>47245005

Oh my bad I read the story wrong. I still think in this situation he should have come up with a different thing to do IC rather than destroying a magic item [in what im assuming is a D&D game] that another player expressed interest in owning. Toss it on a pile of firewood, scratch your ass with it, I dunno. But destroying it is a little disruptive. I wouldn't kick you for it, like the other guy, but I'd be all "hey c'mon man.". You'd have to be blind to social cues to not realize someone [in this case the player the op was complaining about] would be upset about it.

My character's personality trait is the "always picking shit up and fiddling with them, sometimes breaking crap." but I refrain from fiddling and breaking the shit that is obviously important because who knows what the other players or the dm have in mind for it.
>>
>>47244990
>having to specify that you're breathing (something that is a given in almost every system -except maybe a few I'm not aware of- if you're a humanoid) in order to not die, is the same as metagaming to know that an item -with no real exceptionalism to it- is magical.

Wow. Nice equivalent. You sure convinced me.

It could have literally been a stick with carvings on it. Seems they didn't even know OOC what it did, no reason it was even cool. World is a big place, not every rune you find is magical. And he wasn't fucking with anyone, guy A who had no ownership of the staff wanted it for lousy meta-reasons, and fuck that. Also, the guy who actually we in possession of it (you know, the other guy who picked it up?) wasn't mentioned as caring that anon tossed it into the fire.

>>47245124
And honestly, if you're DM can't just say "it doesn't break" for his plothook (I won't expect him to be able to work around it breaking), I'm sorry you don't have it better then that, and need to mind yourself over small things.

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with not giving another player everything they want. It's an rp, not a fast-food place. You don't always get your way, and that can be just as fun in right measure. You know, unless the players our whiny manchildren (bless my DM and group for truly being good).
>>
>>47224691
>new guy joins in the middle of the campaign
>he's a bit overweight, has a scraggly beard that's mostly neck, and has an odd speech impediment - he'll sometimes pause in the middle of words for some reason
>guy makes a bard
>tries to perform a show, rolls poorly so the townsfolk (who have been established as to worship a god of backstabbery) gather around as a farmer comes out with a cart of rotten tomatoes to throw
>bard develops a grudge against that mildly dickish farmer to the point he tries to burn his farm down and demands the rest of the townfolk's deaths
>goes on about out of universe stuff in character to our characters
>eventually leaves, DM decides he died getting bit by a dire squirrel

And nothing of value was lost. Admittedly his only previous experience was a campaign with fuckall in the way of rules or sense.
>>
>>47245187

I mean that was obviously an exaggerated example.

Nothing you've said really changes the fact that the guy didn't have to toss it into the fire. I know you aren't suppose to Meta-game, but all the players knew it was a magic item. There are tons of ways to roleplay the characters not knowing it's a magic item without tossing into the fire. My group works together to tell a joint story, we aren't there to literally pretend to be different people in an imaginary world. We just want to tell cool stories about cool characters, which means doing what >>47244135 said, working together. Instead of destroying it they could have worked in a way for the annoying player to get the staff eventually IC. Throwing it in the fire just made the guy meta game harder.
>>
People are way too butthurt about the staff thing.
>>
>>47245322

Meant to link >>47244063

Using your OOC knowledge of monsters and plotlines and such to win encounters and bypass the DM's stuff is bad, but using meta knowledge to avoid doing something both unnecessary and dumb is fine in my books. There was literally no reason to burn the stick, and there is no way the player didn't know that someone would get upset about it. Like I said, he should have tossed it into a pile of firewood, or just scratched his ass with it before dropping it on the ground.
>>
Probably me. When I dmed I had some of my players get raped by spiders and impregnated with eggs (they didn't let me get to the alien-esque part where the spiders hatch.... it's always just been "raping spiders")

And when I played I'd just try to kill off anyone I could get away with. One time I kidnapped some human child and sliced her ears up and then stitched them to be more elf-like, so I could have a sidekick.

Shit was retarded. I cringe thinking about how I used to be.
>>
>>47245398
>used to be
>>
>>47245507
Yeah. I take a hefty dose of meds now.
>>
>>47245398
>I had some of my players get raped by spiders and impregnated with eggs
sounds pretty hot senpai
>>
>all of his character's are the "gruff ex-something" type, most are substance abusers
>they all have the exact same voice, personality, and fighting style
>likes to kill story important NPC's right before they finish giving us important information
It got to a point where we just called all of his characters "John", cause they were all the same fucking guy
>>
Let's see, there was this guy who was a bit on the religious inside, to the point of eventually becoming a disciple of an African preacher (this included moving to Africa) who was very much on the cult leader side of things.

Then again, he was mostly a non issue during play, going for the silent silent type, with the religious undertones there usually limited to having his characters being capable carpenters.

Then we have the guy who got involuntarily committed to the looney bin for a few months at one point. But as long as you don't mind most of his characters simply striving for the platonic ideal of a beautiful elven jedi slut (gender varying), not too terrible either.

Then we have the girl one guy was engaged to. Not problems at first, but her overall level of involvement really did take a nosedive around her funeral, and it did drag the guy down a bit as well.
>>
>>47245075
I don't think so, it was about 6 years ago.
>>
>>47227240

>>47227198
>this is bad
>>47228042
>this is fine
kek
>>
File: without_smiley.jpg (67 KB, 541x609) Image search: [Google]
without_smiley.jpg
67 KB, 541x609
>>47224691
My current DM has to let his sister's 14 yo son play the game with us and holy shit is he a fucking faggot that ruins everything.

As soon as my character got knocked out the kid fucking asked if he could draw a poop emoji on my head.

Durning a important talk with a high wizard he fucking asked the DM if he could shoot a arrow at him. The DM asked why and the nigger said "because the voices told me so".

Guess what, in his half added attempt for a back story nowhere was it ever started that his lawful good ranger had any fucking mental problems.

Amd the worst thing that still grinds my gears about the basterd is the fact that that in the last session before I quit is the fuck that he delibretly fucking injected my character with lycanthrope blood turning my character into a fucking werebore.

I fucking hate children I swear too god
>>
>>47245631
Oh also forgot to mention

He only fucking wears minion merchandise shirts and quotes them all the time.

He also has "minion speech" as a language that he uses to talk in constantly.

Again, as I said. I fucking hate children.
>>
>>47224928
>Rolled 3 20s in a row once while pickpocketing a ghost
What is she doing with ghost money?
>>
>>47245584
>her overall level of involvement really did take a nosedive around her funeral
Well, people generally do stop playing RPGs when they die.
>>
>>47244468
Probably because there is STILL too much story for them.
>>
>>47228810
Mana curve was always between 21 and 25 or what the net deck has. I am pretty good at the math behind a magic deck. I had a very respectable volrath deck because of how well I handled the mana base / math of it. Granted volrath is easy to make beastly just by good math Though the second you knock out a player with 22 general damage then prep up to do it again with Volrath's Stronghold you paint a huge ass target on yourself.
>>
>>47245684
This story legitimately makes it sound like you are autistic.
>>
>>47233004
Am I the only one that thinks Cerebrotonic is sort of a self-insert? Like, whoever made this thought of that as them, and tried to make it sound as good as possible.
>>
idk, it might be myself
i'm not a gigantic twatwaffle, but i have a hard time coming up with properly original characters and roleplaying them is tough for me for whatever reason, so i usually end up making killdice mcsmash so i can be useful in some facet
it kinda sucks
>>
>>47245265
And something I totally forgot. He requested his weapon be a boomerang. He always used the boomerang, referring to it as his trusty boomerang. He evidently did not realize it was not designed to come back to him (it was eventually enchanted so it would come back), and he always did horribly with hitting anything. It made an otherwise bland and annoying character exceptionally frustrating.
>>
>>47228810
Confirmation bias
>>
File: 5f0c3e22.jpg (11 KB, 261x191) Image search: [Google]
5f0c3e22.jpg
11 KB, 261x191
>>47245551
>Playing more than 3 games with someone who deliberately disrupts the story
It's your own god-damn fault
>>
File: 1279696118.jpg (69 KB, 358x392) Image search: [Google]
1279696118.jpg
69 KB, 358x392
>>47245631
>>47245684
>I'm 20 and I can't stand those god-damn teens!
>They ruin everything!
>>
>>47225166
>No playing with women

If only your father lived by this rule...
>>
>>mfw I'm a Cerebrotonic to an absolute t. Minus the fact that I have some sort of social life. Shit.
Well atleast I'm not Elephant man/Autistic tier
>>
>>47246580

Your acting as there is not a significant difference in maturity between a 14 year old and a 20 year old.
>>
File: 1453741563378.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1453741563378.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>47225166
>we don't miss out on anything by excluding them
Now, there are two options
1) Rule violation - you are angsty teenager on adult-only page. This is the lesser evil
2) Being retarded - you are a manchild, a person of legal age but mind of 5 year old and I feel fucking sorry for you. Realisation that people like you are part of my hobby on regular basis gives me minor depression every time I end up GMing for entire group of such spergs
>>
>>47246655
One day, when you will have your own teenage offspring, you will understand this
Probably
Hopefully

Until that moment - stay salty
>>
>>47246655
YOUR
O
U
R
>>
>>47246655
No, there isn't. Just one has been cowed enough to realize he should dial back his shit, and has probably gone through an existential crisis.
>>
>>47246655
Because there is none. Both are still on their parents bill, both have no real responsibilities and both are usually still learning things due to their age. Also, their emotional maturity is often on the same stage of development.
>>
>>47226547
>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/33785427/#33799465

Reminds me of one of my players, also autistic. He started drawing circles around his nipples in the middle of a session.

But the rest of us are intimately familiar with autism so we it wasn't enough to disrupt or distract. He's a fairly good player too if you prompt him a little.
>>
>>47246718
You can't tell me that people aren't going to change over the period of 6 years, especially with all the puberty shit going on.
>>
>>47226559

Are you sure he's autistic? And not one of those tumblers who claim autism to not be held accountable for being dicks?
>>
>>47246670
>>47246693
>>47246718

>stay salty
I am not that guy

It seems none of you have been to a high-school as adults. What 20 year old has no real responsibilities? You're comparing someone in grade 9 with someone in his second year of university.
>>
File: calm your tits.jpg (172 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
calm your tits.jpg
172 KB, 640x428
>>47246655
>>47246738
>Being this salty about own age
>Feeling so insecure about own maturity
Best proof you are an inmature manchild at best
>>
>>47246786
So you seriously can't imagine yourself being different from how you are right now, six years in the future? You consider such change to be impossible, for people to stay exactly the same for years at a time?
>>
File: So much salt.jpg (25 KB, 460x230) Image search: [Google]
So much salt.jpg
25 KB, 460x230
>>47246778
Oh, let's see
>Both don't have job
>Both don't need to have a job
>Both don't have family
>Both are on parent's upkeep
>Both are learning
>Both don't have real life partners
>Both have responsibilities of a child

Should I still going? Or you will stop being insecure dweeb in public?
>>
>>47246803
Anon, I'll be 38 by June. You know what insignificant difference at this point 6 years make? I've got a niece that is probably your age and own son who is a teenager.
You seriously want to push this?
>>
>>47246803
And for bonus points, as a GM for life, I have to endure people like you as my part-time job, since I'm GMing in local gaming club.
Guess which demographic is the most sensitive about the concept of maturity, age and being "better" than children
>>
File: 1428291610472.jpg (18 KB, 486x474) Image search: [Google]
1428291610472.jpg
18 KB, 486x474
>>47246812
>Both don't have a job
14 year old could have a summer job, a 20 year old could already be working either part-time or as a full job skipping college
>both don't need to have a job
the 20 year old, like I mentioned, could have skipped college and already gone into the workforce.
>Both don't have family
What?
>Both are on parent's upkeep
Not necessarily
>Both are learning
Maybe? Like I said, not necessarily in college at 20. Do you mean life experience or some shit?
Some people do meet the woman they marry at a young age, whether it's in high school or college.
>Both have the responsibilities of a child
See my first point.

1/10 made me rage but made it too obvious
>>
>>47246826
Teen dad alert
>>
File: popcorn.gif (495 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
popcorn.gif
495 KB, 500x375
>HURR I'm 20!
>I'm adult DURR
>>
>>47246812
>Both don't have job
Most people at undergrad level work a side-job
>Both don't need to have a job
Unless you are studying in a city/country where your parent don't live
>Both are learning
by this logic a doctorate student is a child
>Both don't have family
>Both have responsibilities of a child
A lot of 20 year olds (to be fair mostly from the lower class) are married/have children

How about instead of instead of calling me insecure in public (you're assuming that because I am saying that there is a difference between 14-20 years on a public forum..?) and go talk to a 14 year old.
>>
>>47246826
>38
>4chan

I guess I have to get my live in order before this happens.
>>
>>47246826
Okay, so just because you're pushing forty means that you consider a large difference in a person over a few years impossible to anyone younger than you. You just have no sense of perspective.

Admittedly, I made a bad choice in that example, since at such a stable point in your life you are right, 6 years mean little to you. But to anyone younger, it will more than likely mean a lot more.

>>47246835
It's not vague concepts of better that bother me - it's this idea that you just think people are unchanging at this point where people are, biologically speaking, changing and growing the most. How can you not recognize this? Have you forgotten what it was like to be a teenager compared to as you are as an adult?

Let's put it this way - can't you agree that there is a difference between someone who is 12 and someone who is 18? Or 10 and 16? Or even 8 and 14? It's not like that pattern magically changes the moment they turn 14.
>>
File: Math.gif (3 MB, 556x242) Image search: [Google]
Math.gif
3 MB, 556x242
>>47246848
>Teen dad

Different anon, but you son failed math forever. If he's 38, and his son to be teenager, then he was 20-something when sired him. From the context his son would have to be below 15, meaning the original anon would be
Now I don't have a Math degree, but that makes it impossible to be teen dad if you are 23-26. That's absolutely normal age to have children
>>
>>47225782

Sounds like the average Juggalo to me.
>>
>>47246887
>Still going for this
I have sense of perspective. And I have also the obvious realisation that both 14 and 20 years old are immature people at different stages of realisation how young they are and how insignificant their "problems" are.
From the longer perspective, they both share the same niche of careless young person without any real burdens or responsibilities, not to mention stuff like family on their own.
And both are extemely touchy about "not being children anymore", while clearly still benefiting from all the things children benefit, namely - lack of responsibilities of any real scale.

So stay mad and keep pretending it's all because I'm unable to see the difference, when there is none that really matters.
So what you are no longer bursting (hopefully) with laugh upon penis jokes? If you think that makes you mature, boy, ho boy...

From all listed, you've got difference between 10 and 8 group, but 12 and 18 is basically the same thing. In case of 12 it's "but I'm a teen now!" and in case of 18 it's "but I'm an adult now!"
Why are you so desperately trying to reduce the obvious example into some standard pattern? It's like you didn't get the point about 6 years making no difference when you are close to mid-life crisis and corelated it instead with insignificant difference between different stages of being - as Americans call it - young adult.
That's just lack of reading comprehension
>>
>>47228336
>marine veteran
Why do they always go for the little girls?
>>
File: well that was a load of shit.gif (835 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
well that was a load of shit.gif
835 KB, 300x169
>>47246985
>I have sense of perspective.
> It's like you didn't get the point about 6 years making no difference when you are close to mid-life crisis
>as Americans call it

And you also misused correlation. I'm done. I'd rather spend six years researching and even doing a study into exactly how you are wrong than continue six minutes further with you. If you are the 38 year old anon from earlier, I am ashamed that someone like you survived that long.
>>
>>47245701
Death is no excuse for missing game anon. At least tell someone if you die so we don't wait for you to show up.
>>
>>47247035
>Let's throw a tantrum instead
Different anon, but your salt is really tasty

>>47247110
Speaking of people that never show up and it's too hard for them to call it in advance, had a fucker like this once.
He NEVER called if he will be late/not present at all, openly ignored phone calls from entire group and when he came late (by hour or two) he rarely even said "sorry".
We dropped him the first chance we get for replacement, especially since he was 2nd mage in the group anyway
>>
File: Lady Maria.png (237 KB, 715x501) Image search: [Google]
Lady Maria.png
237 KB, 715x501
>>47247035
>>as Americans call it
"Young adult" is a tag American marketing agencies created to adress teeagers being butthurt about being teenagers, to better sell them some shitty merchandise for butthurt teens that are "so adult".
>>
>>47247035
>Getting rekt this hard
>Pretending to not being mad this bad

Well, it was definitely fun read with the oldfag and you
>>
File: cut-down-salt-585.jpg (37 KB, 585x834) Image search: [Google]
cut-down-salt-585.jpg
37 KB, 585x834
>>47247035
>>
Most of the party:

>that guy who constantly plays companion characters who are assholes

>the guy who plays weird made up races but uses core stats, writes about ten pages of shitty lore to justify his characters, falls in love with every female NPC

>the most experienced character who constantly min-maxes his builds and sucks the fun out of everything. He can't roleplay for shit either. At least the GM banned him from talking

>The guy who is a good player but constantly zones out and gets annoyed when people don't hear his ideas
>>
>>47247220
Change the party

Also:
>At least the GM banned him from talking
What the fuck? How the hell the guy is supposed to learn to role-play if he can't even talk?
>>
>>47247266
>What the fuck? How the hell the guy is supposed to learn to role-play if he can't even talk?
By picking up the social combat rules.
>>
>>47233004
tfw when i am between cyborg and cerebrotonic
>>
>>47247266
This dude is right. GM is a huge autismo aswell it seems
>>
>Specifically chooses to play the charismatic party face character
>Everyone else chose low/average CHA specifically because the awkward guy flat out said he'd be the party face as sort of a mission statement so everyone wanted to give his character a wide berth
>Is so fucking awkward that he takes 5+ minutes of umms and ahhs to ponder the response to a simple question
>DM likes to make you make persuasion checks pretty much every other line in a conversation and his was the only character with major points in CHA so no one else able to take over otherwise campaign goes down the shitter
>Basically ruins any hope of the campaign going anywhere interesting and makes any conversation between the party and NPCs last an hour+ when it should be 10 minutes
>Guy is not even remotely that awkward IRL and when speaking to other players in game was fine also
>Basically suffering massive uncureable indecision when it comes to speaking to NPCs
>Has been in other campaigns before so knew this would be a problem (my first time playing with him so I had no idea)
>Everyone else on the table too pussy to call him out on his shit so now I'm the asshole

By far the worst campaign I've ever been in.
>>
File: 1460692575254.png (307 KB, 427x559) Image search: [Google]
1460692575254.png
307 KB, 427x559
>>47245631
This is a hilarious story, sorry you had to deal with that though
>>
>>47246622
Underated.
>>
>>47226596
Am I the only one wondering why the character didn’t question why he was asked to hold a stick?
Or why it was important enough for the one character to pick up and carry?
Or why it was different from literally every other stick the character had not asked him to carry?
If that PC had a crippling Int and Wis, I’d allow it as in character, but otherwise it’s just derp
>>
>>47245701
>>47245584
>>47247110

GM: Well now, Anon. It was good of you to come.

Anon: What’s up?

GM: Well, quite frankly, Your girlfriend isn’t fitting in with the group. Recently her behaviour has left a great deal to be desired.

Anon: Oh?

GM: She seems to take no interest in the game whatsoever. She refuses to engage in battles. And it's been weeks since she’s done any roleplaying at all.

Anon: Oh, that’s not like her.

GM: Quite frankly, Anon, if she wasn't dead, I'd have her expelled from the group.

Anon: I beg your pardon?

GM: Yes, EXPELLED! If I wasn't making allowances for the fact that your girlfriend is dead, she'd be out on her ear!

Anon: You mean she's dead?

GM: Yes... she's lying up there in the game room now, stiff as a board and bright green, and this is, I fear, typical of her current attitude. You see, the girl has no sense of moderation: one moment she's flying around like a paper kite, and the next moment she's completely immovable. And beginning to smell.

Anon: Well, how did she die?!

GM: Well, is that important?

Anon: Why, yes, I think so!

GM: Well... Well... Well, it's all got to do with the guidebooks, you see. We've had a lot of trouble recently with players taking out guidebooks without permission. Your girlfriend was caught, and I administered a beating, during which she died. But you'll be glad to know that the ringleader was caught, so I don't think we'll be having any trouble with guidebook discipline. You see, the lending system...
>>
>>47247518
Anon: I'm sorry...

GM: ...was...

Anon: You beat my girlfriend to death?

GM: Yes, yes, so it would seem. Please, I'm not used to being interrupted. You see, the lending system was introduced...

Anon: Well, exactly what happened?

GM: Well, apparently, players were just slipping into the gameroom and taking the guidebooks!

Anon: No, during the beating!

GM: Oh, that? Well...well, one moment she was bending over, the next moment she was lying down, I mean, er...

Anon: Dead?

GM: Mmm... deadish! ... Anon, I find this morbid fascination with your girlfriend's death quite disturbing. What I'm talking about is her attitude! And quite frankly, I can see where she gets it from.

Anon: Well, it wasn't me that beat my girlfriend to death!

GM: Well, that was perfectly obvious to me from the first day she joined the group. I wondered then, as I wonder now, if she might not have turned out a very different player indeed if you had administrated a few fatal beatings earlier.

Anon: Are you mad!?

GM: I'm FURIOUS! In order to accommodate the funeral, I had to cancel afternoon session on Wednesday!

Anon: This is preposterous!

GM: Yes, it is. Or at least, it would be...if it were true.

Anon: ...What?

GM: I've been joking, Anon. Pardon me, it's my strange GM sense of humour. I've been pulling your leg.

Anon: Oh, thank God!

GM: I wouldn't cancel afternoon session to bury that little shit!
>>
File: 517.jpg (9 KB, 248x233) Image search: [Google]
517.jpg
9 KB, 248x233
>>47247290
At least now I know why you keep playing with those guys
>>
>>47247576
Not sure who you think I am but I am not them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.