[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
False Dendrite Quest 164
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 24
File: circle.jpg (39 KB, 300x218) Image search: [Google]
circle.jpg
39 KB, 300x218
My name is Cecile, and I'm sixteen years old. I already thought my life was odd, what with my parents having moved halfway across the country for their new job and leaving me in the care of my older sister... but then my best friend went and had a book shipped to my house that ended up giving me superpowers.

After a mostly fun day at a not-quite-amusement park, our good times have been shot right to hell by Irene's informing us of Faceless's latest move. Because of course I can't have a single day pass without SOMETHING bad happening.

>Thread archive:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=false+dendrite+quest

>Branches known thus far:
http://pastebin.com/9SQy7UhL

>Twitter:
https://twitter.com/QM_Archelon

>Ask thing:
http://maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

>Game production blog:
https://studioarchelon.wordpress.com/
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: cecile_decu4.png (165 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
cecile_decu4.png
165 KB, 1000x700
Charlotte spends pretty much our entire time in the taxi on the phone with Gabrielle, checking and doublechecking and triplechecking to make absolutely sure that things back at the hotel haven't gone south. And while I can definitely understand Charlotte's concern, I also feel kind of bad for Gabrielle.

Maybe after all this is over with we can do something to make it up to her.

Fortunately, their phonecall ends just as the taxi pull up at my house. And from that Synapse I got a few minutes ago, I can assume that Irene beat us here.

>first we shall meet up with the irene
>first we shall check in on my father
>[OTHER]
>>
>>47192375
>first we shall check in on my father
>>
>>47192375
>>first we shall check in on my father
>>
>>47192375
>>first we shall check in on my father
>>
>writing
>>
>>47193315
>04/28/16 New trial board added: /qst/ - Quests
>New trial board
>Trial
>>
File: charlotte_pink-daisy21.png (297 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_pink-daisy21.png
297 KB, 500x500
After entering my house, I hed straight for the stairs.

"Umm-" Charlotte calls out to me when I'm about a quarter of the way up, "weren't we going to meet up with Irene? Because she's in the living room."
"Yeah," I nod, "but I wanted to check in on my father first. Just in case."

She seems kind of dejected to hear that.

"I guess I'll just wait down here for you, then..."

>yeah, see you in a bit
>the charlotte shall come with me
>>
>>47193441
>>
>>47193441
>>
>>47193441

Together!
>>
>>47193441
>>yeah, see you in a bit
>>
>writing
>>
>>47193315
More people need to post on [s4s] and /trash/ in my opinion.
Those are my two favourite boards.
>>
>>47193668
Best girl has returned. All is right with the world.
>>
>>47194235
I think he always does Iori for main quest and Lorelei for Song of Unison.

Pantsu Getter Quest has no official mascot, I guess.
>>
File: charlotte_decu.png (266 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_decu.png
266 KB, 1000x700
I hop back down the stairs and take Charlotte's hand.

"It's okay," I say, "you can come up with me if you want."
"Wha?" Charlotte reels back. "But wouldn't it be best if you talk with your father without a stranger around?"
"Psh, you're about as far from being a stranger as it gets."

And besides, leaving Charlotte and Irene alone in a room together has like zero chance of leading to anything other than trouble.

"Well if you insist..." Charlotte says with much less energy than usual.

Also she's blushing, though I don't really get why.

>[1/?]
>>
>>47194298
Nah he's posted some horned slut in the main one before.
>>
>>47194319
Oh yeah, Suika. Maybe he's back to Iori because people on the ask are teasing him for not liking the expansion for Idolm@ster?
>>
File: month2.png (68 KB, 1650x1275) Image search: [Google]
month2.png
68 KB, 1650x1275
>>47194309
>[2/2]

Not wanting to waste any more time, we hurry up the stairs and continue on down the hallway until reaching my parents' closed bedroom.

"He's definitely in there," Charlotte says as I reach for the doorknob, "but it sounds like he's arguing with someone."

>cecile the eavesdropper
>cecile the door-thrower-opener
>cecile the patient waiter
>>
>>47194449
>>
>>47194449

No door can stop us!
>>
>>47194449
>cecile the eavesdropper
If we think it's just our mom,
If we have no fucking clue
>cecile the patient waiter
>>
>>47194449

>cecile the eavesdropper
>>
>>47194298
>>47194444
I post Mystia in Song of Unison for obvious reasons, and switch between Iori and Suika in the main quest as the mood suits me.

>writing
>>
>>47194449
>cecile the eavesdropper
>>
>>47194628
Oh my. I'm not exactly one for Iorin, but wow.
>>
>>47194649
She has been getting some good stuff lately.
>>
>>47194739
Her birthday was a few days ago, might explain the spike.
>>
>>47194747
People call her the anal idol but her oral stuff is way better.
>>
File: fancecile_keichan411.png (635 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
fancecile_keichan411.png
635 KB, 1000x1200
Arguing?

Oh man, what if he's arguing with my Mom because he did something stupid while trying to hunt Faceless down like hacking into government databases or something... he's joked about doing that before and I would SO not put it past him.

And if he DID do that, I need to do something about this as soon as I can. So I grab the doorknob, turn it, and throw the door open.

"I don't care WHAT they said on the news, I'm looking at a calling card that he left JUST this morning!" my father screams into the phone. "It's got the same font and retarded French shit an-0
"Hi, Daddy!" I call out in the most cheerful, innocent voice as I can manage.

And he just freezes.

"Umm, hello..." Charlotte peeks out from behind me and waves to him. "I'm here too."
"C- Cecile, what're you doing home so-"

And then he looks at his phone.

"MY DAUGHTER IS HERE I HAVE TO GO"

>play innocent
>ask about the stuff he just mentioned
>ask about faceless in particular
>ask about what he's been up to
>[OTHER]
>>
>>47194951
>>ask about the stuff he just mentioned
>>
>>47194951
>>ask about the stuff he just mentioned
>>ask about faceless in particular
>>ask about what he's been up to

All of these really. The game's up dad you've got some things to explain.
>>
>>47194951
>[OTHER]
>Tell him he bringing even more heat down on us doesn’t help. French idiot works on pettiness and revenge. Right now, he thinks he is done with CC whatever dumb way he sees the world. If he goes poking around, French idiot will come back again for revenge or something like that.

Then stall until Irene is here.
>>
>>47194951
>>ask about what he's been up to
>>
>writing
>>
File: ohno.gif (1 MB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
ohno.gif
1 MB, 512x288
In a panic, my father tosses his phone onto the bed and jumps up from his seat.

"Umm, Cecile-" he clears his throat for what feels like forever. "You know better than to just barge into other people's rooms."
"You were talking about a calling card?" I ask, ignoring his admonishment.
"Er-"
"And you mentioned 'retarded French,' too."
"You sure you weren't mishearing things?" he laughs.
"No, I heard it too," Charlotte joins in. "and a lot more than that, too."

That is a look of defeat on his face if I've ever seen one.

>[1/?]
>>
>>47195553

"C'mon, spill it," I say, placing my hands on my hips. "I know you're up to something dumb."
"It's not dumb, I'm just-" he stammers. "Dammit..."

Taking off his sunglasses, my father rubs the bridge of his nose and sighs deeply.

"The news says that that Faceless guy who broke into your room tried something last night," he says. "But he apparently got completely humiliated and was forced to retreat without stealing anything."
"Okay?" I nod.

At least he didn't mention anything to do with Branches.

"Well a little while ago, an associate of mine informed me that Faceless left a calling card all the way in OHIO of all places," he says. "Says he'll be hitting there tomorrow night."
"Mmhmm," I nod.
"But from what I heard about what happened last night, that failed robbery attempt last night resulted in him getting MAIMED. And if that's the case then there's no way in hell that he'd be able to risk hitting somewhere else so soon."

it knows

it knows of our actions

>[2/?]
>>
>>47195640
>[3/3]

Shut up, it's too early to panic.

"He, uh..." I cough, "he got maimed?"
"Yeah," Daddy nods. "Lost a finger or something, apparently. I have no idea HOW, but that's what I was able to dig up."
"-Dig up-?"

I cross my arms and glare at him. Since it doesn't seem like he's aware of my involvement in all this, I am free to yell at him as I please.

>what do I say to him?
>>
>>47195686
>>what do I say to him?

And? What are you planning to do next?
Not something stupid I hope.
I bet it's something stupid.
>>
>>47195686
>>what do I say to him?
>Why would losing a single finger stop him from being a thief?

>>47195749
Also, this.

And repeating earlier post: >>47195014
>>
>writing
>>
File: bonk.gif (169 KB, 351x329) Image search: [Google]
bonk.gif
169 KB, 351x329
"And?" I continue to glare at him. "What are you planning on doing next?"
"Well-"
"I hope it isn't something stupid. Because I'm really expecting you to say something stupid."
"Y'know, I -am- your father..."
"And that's why I'm extra worried about you getting caught up in something dumb. Because I like having an ALIVE father."

As expected, that hits him right in the GUILT.

"You know I wouldn't..." he trails off.

>mention that irene informed me of his recklessness
>leave the irene out of this
>>
>>47196067
>>leave the irene out of this
>>
>>47196067
>leave the IRene out of this
For now at least.
>>
>writing
>>
File: charlotte_keichan411.png (926 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_keichan411.png
926 KB, 1200x1200
I'm tempted to just let it slip that Irene already told me about his snooping around, but that might get her in trouble so I don't think I will. Even though calling him out on that would be SO SATISFYING.

"Pardon me if I don't believe that you've learned your lesson after what happened with one of Allison's exes," I say. "You kind of have a record of doing dumb stuff when it comes to our safety."
"......" he tries and fails to come up with a retort.
"Seriously though, PLEASEW stop whatever it is that you're planning to do. That a-" I catch myself, "...that -dickhead- Faceless seems like the petty type and he'll probably come back to do something worse than just stealing my cactus if you set him off."
"I have to agree with Cecile," Charlotte nods. "As it is, Cecile is no longer a target and you yourself aren't even on his radar. But that's sure to change if you try to get back at him and it fails."

Nice followup, Charlotte.

>[1/?]
>>
>>47196301
>and it fails
Also if it works, probably.
>>
File: charlotte_hinomars.png (3 MB, 1230x1742) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_hinomars.png
3 MB, 1230x1742
>>47196301
>[2/2]

"But still, when I think about how he was in your room and..." Daddy grits his teeth. "I know it had to be scary for you, but you can't possibly get how I-"

Suddenly, Charlotte wraps her arm around my waist and pulls me towards her.

"I can assure you that -I- definitely understand how you feel," she says, looking my father right in the eye. "and that's why I have -my- father's people looking into this as we speak."
"Maybe so," he replies, "but I still don't feel comfortable just leaving this up to someone else. Especially since it's clear that the cops are no use here..."
"Then why not share your information with them?" Charlotte suggests. "If you want, I can call my father up right this instant and you can convey whatever concerns you may have directly with him."

Wait, WHAT!?

>I object to this
>I guess this isn't a horrible idea...
>>
>>47196419
>>I guess this isn't a horrible idea...
I still say we should just come clean. Though I am less… certain of this after how stupid the father acted. Allowing people to make informed decisions for themselves is one thing, but giving counter-productive people who make snap-decisions without thinking too much info doesn’t inform them. They will only hear what they want.
>>
>>47196419
>>I guess this isn't a horrible idea...
>>
>writing
>>
File: charlotte_121642.jpg (573 KB, 877x1786) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_121642.jpg
573 KB, 877x1786
"Uh- are you serious?" Daddy asks.
"Yes," Charlotte nods. "But it's not like I can -force- you to."

She then turns to me.

"And I'll have to take everything I said back if Cecile doesn't agree, of course." Charlotte says.
"I guess it isn't a horrible idea," I mumble, trying my best to recover from the shock of her sudden suggestion.
"Alright, then!" she smiles. "Mr. Navarre, it's all up to you."
"Damn, you're really putting me on the spot like this..." he mumbles, "...but I guess it'd be better than just me and one other guy trying to figure this crap out."
"Great," she nods.

With a smile of satisfaction on her face, Charlotte brings out her phone and starts towards the door.

"I'll be right back."

>[1/2]
>>
File: charlotte.png (31 KB, 290x369) Image search: [Google]
charlotte.png
31 KB, 290x369
>>47196614
>[2/2]

A few minutes later, Charlotte waltzes back into the room and hands my father her phone.

"He's on the line right now," she says. "I'll need my phone back before I leave, but you can go ahead and use it until then."
"Umm, thanks," my father nods.

Great, now maybe this'll mean that he won't run off on his own and get caught up in anything awful.

"And now if you'll excuse us," Charlotte says as she takes my hand, "we have our own business to attend to."
"Umm, sure," he nods.

>time to meet with the irene
>let us talk to the charlotte about _____ first
>>
>>47196673
>>let us talk to the charlotte about how she probably saved daddy's bacon first
>>
>>47196673
>>let us talk to the charlotte about _____ first
How weird it is for their parental figures to talk to each other. They might even be talking about them!
>>
>writing
>>
File: charlotte_orendilaran.png (2 MB, 1225x1865) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_orendilaran.png
2 MB, 1225x1865
"Thanks," I say, squeezing Charlotte's hand as we make our way down the stairs. "Your suggestion probably kept my father from doing something REALLY stupid."
"I was just trying to help," Charlotte shrugs. "I love you with all my heart and I know you love your father with all -your- heart so of course I'd do what I could to keep him out of harm's way."
"Still though, I really appreciate it."

I then lean over and kiss Charlotte on the cheek.

"Thinking about both of our fathers having a conversation is kind of weird, though..." I say, grimacing. "For all I know, they're probably talking about the two of us instead of Faceless."
"Oh, they are," Charlotte replies matter-of-factly.
"Wha-" I stare at her. "Wh- what are they saying?"
"Things," she smiles. "But it's poor manners to eavesdrop so I'm going to leave it at that."
"C'moooooooon~"

I know she's got super cat hearing and everything but that doesn't mean that she needs to lord it over me, dammit.

>[1/?]
>>
File: cecilexcharlotte_anon.jpg (161 KB, 1518x2048) Image search: [Google]
cecilexcharlotte_anon.jpg
161 KB, 1518x2048
>>47196880
>[2/2]
I beg and moan and badger her and beg some more and try to use sexy tactics like hugging on her arm so that it's right in between my boobs but Charlotte remains unmoved. All I get from her is some slight blushing from that last thing but even that disappears from her face once we reach the living room and she's face-to-face with Irene.

"Hey," Irene waves to us as we enter the room. "I was wondering where you two had gotten to."
"Yes, well we needed to take care of some business with Cecile's father first," Charlotte replies.
"Oh," she nods. "You manage to talk him down? Because he was -not- listening to me at all..."

Irene breathes a particularly heavy sigh as she says that.

"It's presently being taken care of," Charlotte replies, "courtesy of Mr. Gauthier."
"......oh," Irene's cheerful expression immediately shifts to an uncharacteristic scowl. "I see."

>what's the first order of business?
>>
>>47196922
>>what's the first order of business?
Deciding how much and what information we need to give the father in order to stop him from getting into too much trouble.

Previously, I wanted to just fully inform him about the variable benefits and potentially going-insane-and-slaughtering-your-own-family risks and let him decide himself, but I’m not that certain any more.
>>
>>47196922
>>what's the first order of business?

Ahem! So, about Faceless and his latest moves...
>>
I think that'll be it for tonight's thread, folks. It may have been a slow one but at least we're making a little bit of progress.

The next thread will be Wednesday night.

and now questions
>>
>>47197024
Was there ever a place where having a branch was normal? What with Gardeners and books, it seems that there might easily grow a whole community of branch-users.
>>
>>47197037
I'd guess Atlantis if it existed in this setting.
>>
>>47197037
>Was there ever a place where having a branch was normal? What with Gardeners and books, it seems that there might easily grow a whole community of branch-users.
Books are a recent thing, but there have been certain areas where communities of Branch holders would sprout up through various means. This is the origin of legends of "wizard enclaves," "hidden ninja villages" and the like.

And now I sleep. Thanks for playing!

For further questioning:
http://maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

Game production blog:
https://studioarchelon.wordpress.com/
>>
>>47197169
Thank you for writing.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.