[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a newbie to the /tg/ adventuring guild. Veterans gib
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Character_IconGGWPally.jpg (233 KB, 1134x946) Image search: [Google]
Character_IconGGWPally.jpg
233 KB, 1134x946
I'm a newbie to the /tg/ adventuring guild. Veterans gib advice please.
>>
Keep hydrated.
>>
>>47176795
>>47176845
This, stay hydrated! We mean water too you dumb fuck, save the booze for camping, cooking, or disinfectant! Make sure it's purified, you can get a cleric to do that for you easy, or just boil your supply at night.

Keep your shit clean, your shit works better when it's not covered in shit.

Don't be a dick, everyone out here has fucking weapons and/or magic, employment disputes tend to get settled with abrupt violence so it pays to be friends with people

Wear sun protection if you're going on long marches, like a wide brimmed hat or something. Peasants aren't stupid - well OK, they're pretty stupid - labouring in the sun is something they know how to do. By which I mean they avoid it because they think heat stroke is evil spirits but the point is, don't cook yourself in your armor or burn your scalp to a crisp.

Remember to dress and arm practically. If you want to look sexy and flash, glamour that shit later.

Always carry a coil of rope, a 10 foot pole, and 3 days of rations for every person in the general supplies
>>
>>47176795
Don't play with anyone who's fucked or will fuck the dm.
If you're that person, find a new dm.
>>
>>47176795
Always make sure to get your vitamins.

Pigs & chickens are a great way to set off traps and portable meals.

Don't piss of the locals, at least try and be nice.
>>
>>47176795
Always wear sunscreen.
>>
Own at least three clean sets of socks, for emergencies.
>>
>>47176795
*Learn about rope, and don't skimp on it. Jute, sisal, hemp, cotton etc, all have different properties and strengths. You don't need inch thick sea cable, but you'd be amazed how much weight, and how much use you'll get out of a 20 meter coil of 3/8" hemp rope.

*Carry a decent, single edged pocket knife. Needle point and razor sharp. Much more convenient, safe and useful than hauling out your dagger for small tasks.

*Extra socks and under clothes. Fresh shirts, braies and socks can mean the difference between making it through a journey, and infected skins sores.

*Good quality lye soap. Something with a subtle smell like castile or sage. No heavy perfumes. Wash yourself, your cook wear, your wounds and your clothes.
>>
>>47177012
What happens if I just like sucking cock? Does it count if I'm blowing everybody else at the table?
>>
>>47177215
>healer spotted
>>
>>47177012
What if youre the dms ex but still drinking buddies
>>
>>47177236
Hey, you take that back! I'm a slut, not a whore. I play as a alchemist or barbarian.

Real tips though, if you're sucking off your party make sure to bring pineapple juice for refreshments.
>>
- Carry chalk and charcoal in sticks- make a tube for it if you have to. Both are indispensible path markers. If you have to play 'trapfinder' for a crippled rogue, or the floor is an illusion-maze, cheating for your friends is so worth it. Not to mention the ability to mark invisible creatures by throwwing crushed chalk or charcoal over them.

- Carry a thick, waterpoofed leather blanket in your camping supplies. Most tent supplies are flimsy or airable, and this can be the exact worst thing in the worst conditions. It can be a rain-cover for your tent, a cover to stick leaves to for camoflage, a temporary shelter under a branch, a rain coat, a makeshift boulder-disguise if you are able to sit still, and on the best days, an extra padding under your back for the ground.

-Buy a whetstone and learn how to use it well. Dull blades make hard work in the woods, and bad luck in battle. While you are at it, learn to sow and weave; they are both mind bogglingly simple concepts that are mostly busy work, but being able to provide at least temporary clothes is worthwhile, and being able to make a net from your rope is a great way to get an extra mile out of it; and having a thatch hat in the summer is one of the most simple joys of traveling.

- Carry a book; ask your wizard for a recommendation for good ones that will last, he knows a bit about them because he has to scribe everything he knows and would be ruined if his notes were destroyed. You don't have to learn magic, but taking down names and locations is always good. Speaking through the hole in the fourth wall; you do that too, take notes, your friends, and your storyteller will appreciate it.

-Using every part of an animal is a wonderful thing in concept, but understand when you are outside of any range to sell the parts or refine them, you are better just field-gutting. Learn how to do it efficiently from someone who knows the trade; quickly, before the meat tastes gamey.
>>
>>47176795
Wash off the blood.

Yeah, we know it makes you feel badass, but you won't feel so badass when you've caught staph infection from an orc and a week later you're lying in bed, coughing up your guts, and holding up the party while someone wrangles a cleric to cast Cure Disease on your stupid unhygenic ass.
>>
>>47177179
I hate that speech.
>>
File: welcome to tg now get out.png (571 KB, 851x467) Image search: [Google]
welcome to tg now get out.png
571 KB, 851x467
Don't ask about the cyborg dolphin bishop.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.