[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magic Items Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Post your favorite magic items or ones you've made up
>>
>>47153156
Bagpipes of Invisibility: When playing these bagpipes at FULL volume, you turn invisible, but only if you keep playing.
>>
>>47153156
My party found a magical map that had had the soul of a man sealed inside it many centuries ago. The power of his life force allowed it to act as a primitive GPS system, displaying the topography of the land and the approximate layout of towns and cities. When it wasn't working as a map it formed an animated pencil sketch of a man's face, and he was able to see, hear and speak like a person.

The party gave him to a little girl they rescued on times they didn't need them, and together they would read and tell each other stories.

I sorta stole the idea from Wakfu, but I still like it.
>>
Truly Immovable Rod.
Oldfaggets represent
>>
>>47153156
My party found a bottle of snake oil, and they didn't read the label. The snake oil turns any object it envelops into a snake: our cleric took it and put it on his spear to grease it up for a reason I forgot: and he lost his spear.
>>
Bad Ax: this is magical Great axe that doubles as a guitar with a -5 penalty to preform checks. It isn't as accurate as it could be but when it lands it a blow the wounds it leaves are grievous (-5 to attacks and +10 to damage)
>>
>>47153156
Bindi of Second Thoughts: A tiny red gem that sticks to the forehead. When worn, it grants great insight and wisdom, but only when reconsidering or second-guessing a course of action.
>>
>>47153292
now I want what basicly amounts to a snake on a stick. Like coming out at the end of your spear or quarterstaff a snake that just bites your enemies and shit.
>>
Magical origami animals that make the sound of the animal they represent.
>>
>>47153241
>Wakfu
You, sir, have excellent taste.
>>
>>47153475
As I recall, there actually is a staff like that. I think I saw it in the 5e book, maybe? The Staff of Poison, or something like that, with poison-themed spells, and an ability to have the staff's snake head animate and strike at a target.
>>
>>47153156

A wand that reads the user's mind and creates up to six of their favorite cookie in the world per day. The cookies heal 1HP each, but if you eat more than three in an hour, you lose 1HP instead. They have no effect on other people, other than being really tasty.
>>
A creepy mask that would have a master and a wearer. The master could put the mask on anyone, and that person will become entirely subject to him. Perfect mind and body control.

It was a mistake letting it fall to my player's hands..
>>
A crystal ball that showed something completely random and irrelevant going on somewhere in the world.
>>
File: 034.jpg (112 KB, 1036x630) Image search: [Google]
034.jpg
112 KB, 1036x630
I was playing a halfling Ranger- Liberator, dedicated to the halfling goddess of Hearth and Home, in a 3rd ed campaign back in 2004 or so. We played 1-2 times a week for a year or so, hit epic levels, and we all had all kinds of crazy stuff. When we weren't adventuring we would go months at a time in 'downtime', handling our estates, engaging in politics, etc. My guy though, he had a mission.

I decided my boy hated abusive and neglectful parents. Beat your kids? Drink up the money meant for their dinner? run out on the wife and kids? That's a paddling.

I didnt want to kill them, because if you kill them they dont learn anything. Also, as a CG character, killing for child abuse ,while pleasing to the ego, isnt an act of justice. So I spent a small fortune to build a magic item to suit my purposes. It was officially named the Rod of Correction, but all I & my party members ever called it was the Beat-Stick.

This was a simple 3' long hickory stick, lacquered and hardened, the handle wrapped in leather. This stick then had the following spells cast upon it.

- +5 (to hit & dmg)
- Merciful (All magical dmg done is Fatigue only, no actual harm save from the stick itself, which amounted to a D6)
- Healing (Did a D4 pts worth of healing with each strike, so on average it would heal just a little less than it would hurt)
- Shocking & Shocking burst ( shocking for electrical dmg each strike that hits, shocking burst for an extra shock on crits- again, this is all fatigue dmg)
- Sadistic (From the book of erotic fantasy, this made the damage from the strike *hurt even worse* without doing any more actual harm)

In the end the weapon cost about a 250K gps ( I am doing this from memory, I have the sheet somewhere but havent looked at it in years). Since my original class had been ranger and I chose two-weapon fighter, I would fight with sword in one hand and this monstrous weapon in the other. I corrected many a drunk, many an abuser, many a deserter with that fine weapon.
>>
A coin with "yes" and "no" written on it. If you ask it a question while flipping it, it always lands on the edge.
>>
>>47159503

The edge is inscribed in an archaic text. When translated, it reads "it is dependeth upon the context and given factors of the situation."

>>47157087

The "Meanwhile, in [BLANK]" Orb.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.