[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: Image.png (1 MB, 1020x768) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
1 MB, 1020x768
Anyone actually getting a game in this weekend edition.

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kickass.to/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V5.pdf

FAQs
http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
>>43639094

First for OP is a fag because the other general is still up.
>>
Was helping my returning friend with his ork list and someone pointed out we were retarded so I fixed it a bit.

We are mostly going to be playing Maelstrom games.

Armies included: Ultramarines, Dark Angels, KDK, Necrons, Spacewolves and Tyranids.

What are some improvements he can make for 1250 and 1500?

How will he deal with Dakka Flyrants and Heldrakes?

HQ:

Warboss - Bosspole, Eavy Armour, Power Klaw and Shoota - 69pts

TROOPS:

11 Shoota Boyz + Nob with Boss Pole, Power Klaw and Shoota + Trukk - 153

10 Shoota Boyz + Nob with Boss Pole, Power Klaw and Shoota + Trukk - 146

10 gretchin + Runtherd - 35

ELITES:

10x Burna Boyz

FAST ATTACK:

Deffkopta - 30

Deffkopta - 30

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Battlewagon - 110

9 Lootas - 126

10 Lootas - 140
>>
Deffkoptas are best with Rokkit Launchas. Throw a Dakkajet in there to deal with most flying shit. Who is the Warboss going to wheel around with? I've found that Burnaboyz don't really carry their weight, as anything that gets them where they need to be dies too quickly to be effective.
>>
Was waiting for a new thread to get help with my 1000 pt tyranid list. I am pretty new but really like tyranids. I know from lurking that they are bound to get a new codex next year so I am just looking to get something basic and hopefully painting and modeling will hold me over till the new codex comes out.

HQ:

Hive Tyrant (245pts) - Adrenal Glands Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms Wings

Elite:

3 Zoanthrope (150pts)

Troops:

30 Hormagaunt Brood (150pts)

30 Termagant Brood (120pts)

Heavy:

2 Carnifex Brood (330pts) 2 Adrenal Glands 2 4 Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms
>>
>>43639322

glands literally do nothing if your not intending to charge stuff.
>>
>>43639305

The warboss is going in a trukk with the unit of 10 boyz and 1 nob.

I was told he could replace the Burnaboyz with Tank Bustas and get more bang for the buck.

Either way Burnas or Bustas are riding in the Battlewagon.

He is returning so he just wants to see if he should start up again. With the current list he just needs one box of Lootas and a battlewagon.
>>
File: Tuffruk_Burna_Boy.png (607 KB, 618x768) Image search: [Google]
Tuffruk_Burna_Boy.png
607 KB, 618x768
>>43639238
Id recommend ditching the gretchin for something else and using the Burna Boyz as counts as Tankbustas (although I totally encourage the use of Burna Boyz, they're a blast).

To be honest the Lootas might be able to deal with the flyers (unless Heldrake is AV12), id recommend not fielding flyers against people who arent using flyers/have no anti air. Take it from an Ork player who regular faces 1-3 Vendettas that are practically immune to Dakkajets.
>>
>>43639349
That trukk is going to die turn 1, unless you go first and ram that thing behind some LoS blocking terrain. Bustas are literally the best unit in the codex.I take 15 in a wagon with 4 Rokkits and a Kannon, that's 20 S8 AP3 shots. Also, if he can swing it, Warbuggies are kind of better than Deffkoptas, being super cheap points wise. I can link you to a website where they have like, Laser Cut ones for 20 AUD
>>
Girlfriends dog just ate one of my dudes.

I don't know if I should be more worried or angry.
>>
I'm trying to get into this game after I got some Dark Eldar from my brother, but I'm unsure what I need to buy and how much. Here's what I got:
15x kabalite warriors
2x Venom
5x Reaver
5x Incubi
1x Succubus
1x Raider
5x Wyches
1x Ravager
>>
>>43639387
What was it that he ate?
>>
>>43639392
Ravagers are always welcome, because Dark Lances are useful. Do you have any Taloses? How about any Jetbikes?
>>
>>43639401
no taloses but as i listed i got 5 reaver jetbikes
so i should buy one more ravager?
>>
>>43639371

I would love that link if they ship to the US!

He actually has a two or three old buggies, I will talk to him.

He doesn't have nor want enough boyz for a green tide so I am not sure what to do for troops with him. We just assumed trukk boyz would work because thats what he used to do.

He also has a big mek, two Deffdreads and three Killa Kans.
>>
>>43639397
...the first of many.
>>
Got a bunch of questions maybe3 you guys can help me with.
skitarii:
What's a good loadout for a 3 dunecrawler squad?
a killclade does get scouts right? Is this formation worth it?
normal skitarii get scouts....would it be more appropriate to have the ruststalkers in the main force or the formation with old fleet of foot?
space marines:
is the librarian formation worth iit?
can i have marine allys with 2 formations? (one skitarii one sm)?
dread in a drop pod worth it?
>>
>>43639332

I was just taking them to fill points, the list total is 995 >>43639322

removing all Adrenal Glands gives me 50 points to play with.
>>
>>43639419
A full unit is always, always good. Have you considered allying in Eldar? An Exarch on a bike can take a Banshee Mask, which stops overwatching. Plus, your bikes have Rending HoW attacks, at I10, so those are really good.
>>43639424
Trukk boyz work okay, if you can get them where they need to be. Which is a problem, as they're rolling coffins.
http://www.miniaturescenery.com/ProductPage.asp?Code=VH1BUGBLT
This is the website, look for the Rocket Buggy, it should be like 18$, due to conversion rate.
>>
File: 1431128206761.jpg (218 KB, 665x850) Image search: [Google]
1431128206761.jpg
218 KB, 665x850
>>43639322
Split the Zoanthropes into 3 one man units to spread Synapse, also remove the glands from the Flyrant and maybe replace one of the Zoanthropes with a Venomthrope to make sure your hoard gets cover
>>
>>43639397

Militarum Tempestus model converted to have bolter. Quick googling tells me GS I used shouldn't be too much of a toxic.
>>
>>43639440

drop the hormagaunts then and pick up a tervigon, or be a real dick and drop another 20 pts somewhere and grab another flyrant.
>>
>>43639459

I have 50 free points from taking the glads off the tyrant and carnifexs, that means I can just take a Venothrope.

Should I split my elites like 2 Zoans, 1 Zoans, 1 Veno then?
>>
>>43639387
>worried or angry
Angry.
>>
>>43639450
Yea I've read that allying in eldar is a good idea but as I am a complete beginner I have no idea what units to get. I'll think about the exarchs, sounds like a good idea.
Anything else i should consider?
>>
>>43639461
Was more concerned if it was metal and/or sharp spikey, ruptured intestines sound bad
>>
>>43639557
If you want to become a turbo douche, take an Archon with a Webway Portal, and stick him in a squad of Wraithguard. You can now drop a D Weapon Flamer on ANYTHING, because he deep strikes with the unit and doesn't scatter. Don't do this out of a tournament setting, because it's a seriously dick move.
>>
>>43639538

But he's just a puppy who doesn't understand. If he manages to throw up my dude it'll be a lesson I hope.
>>
>>43639575

True words.
>>
>>43639238
1 big unit of boys is almost almost always better then 2 small ones. Boys in trucks can go bad fast. ANYTHING can make them explode, you lose a couple to that. Then you take a pinning check from the explosion, if you fail the moral then you'll probably kill a couple more from the mob rule, then you take a moral check and probably roll the table again.this may seem like a lot of ifs and maybes, but its happened to me plently of times from just plain old bolters or fire warriors
>>
>>43639238
>>43639603
That being said, trucks are still better than a lot of people say. As long as you have a good amount of terrain. There is not many other ways to get that turn 2 assault . Tell your friend about the manz missle, 3 meganobs in a truck and send it flying towards something big, they will probably die in the process, but very few things can survive 12 power klaw attacks
>>
>>43639583
damn that sounds something like only a horrible person would do.
i'll go get an unit of wraithguard tomorrow.
>>
>>43639238
More deffkoptas. And then even more. At 1500 i use two units of 5 and they're great, especially in maelstorm. With twin-linked rokkits they'll make any flyer jink.
One unit of lootas is usually enough but two are ok if you can afford the slots and have enough terrain to stick them into.

Aganist those armies a Shook Attakk Gun could be nice, especially in combo with a Finkin Kap for the double strategic trait.

Never get more than the minimal amount of troops unless you are SURE they can actually do something, even aganist marines you risk in getting fucked just by a tactical squad with 12 boys.

Also get some tankbustas with a trukk, they're great
>>
>>43639707
The D weapons come in 1 shot per guy form, where you get the base D chart, and Flamer type, where you subtract 1 from the chart always. I get more mileage out of the D cannon type, but I can see the appeal of flamers.
>>
So I forgot to post the third edition of my army list since I have done some research with the help of you guys, would love to hear feedback.

++ Grey Knights: Codex (2014) (Nemesis Strike Force) (1499pts) ++

+ HQ (155pts) +

Librarian (155pts) [Cuirass of Sacrifice (Replace TDA) (15pts), Frag, Krak and Psyk-out grenades, Psychic Hood, Psyker [ML 3] (25pts), Storm bolter (5pts), Terminator Armour, Two Nemesis falchions]

+ Troops (470pts) +

(2x) Terminator Squad (235pts) [Brotherhood of Psykers [ML 1], Terminator Armour]
····(3x) Terminator (hammer) (129pts) [3x Nemesis Daemon hammer (30pts), 3x Storm bolter]
····Terminator (psycannon) (63pts) [Nemesis Daemon hammer (10pts), Psycannon (20pts)]
····Terminator Justicar (43pts) [Nemesis Daemon hammer (10pts), Storm bolter]

+ Fast Attack (434pts) +

(2x) Interceptor Squad (217pts) [Brotherhood of Psykers [ML 1], Frag, Krak and Psyk-out grenades, Personal teleporters]
····(5x) Interceptor (falchions) (140pts) [10x Nemesis falchion (20pts), 5x Storm bolter]
····Interceptor (incinerator) (29pts) [Incinerator (5pts)]
····Interceptor Justicar (48pts) [Storm bolter, Teleport homer (10pts), Two Nemesis falchions (4pts)]

+ Heavy Support (440pts) +

(2x) Nemesis Dreadknight (220pts) [Heavy Incinerator (20pts), Heavy Psycannon (35pts), Nemesis Daemon hammer and power fist (5pts), Personal teleporter (30pts), Psyker [ML 1]]
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 250x188
>>43639094

>Warhol edition

You had one job OP. He's even got 'war' in his last name.
>>
Dog dude here. Situation report.

Dude found under sofa. Apparently no miniature-swallowing happened.
>>
Hi lads,

I'm going to start collecting Black Templars. As sources for ideas go, where should I head to after reading their 4th Ed Codex?
>>
>>43639575
Yes thats the concern. Large or small dog? Scion models arent very spiky, so should be ok as long as its not a small dog. Anything under 50 lbs and Id consider having a vet give the animal activated charcoal asap. It could cause an obstruction which is fatal or requires surgery to remove the section.
>>
>>43639492
You really don't need 4 synapse creatures in 200 points, remove one of the Zoanthropes and replace it with a Venomthrope then buy a Tervigon or something with the points savings
>>
>>43639732

You're going way overboard with melee weapons. Terminators don't need 5 hammers per squad, one or two if you're feeling ballsy.

Interceptors are fine, although I'd run a little less falchions to save points.

For 2x NDK it's quite common to equip other one with hammer and another with a sword, but 2 with hammers work as well.

Also, Libby is still fine.
>>
>>43639585
Oh shit just saw this. Take him to the vet now. He needs to get it out, stomach acid wont break it down enough for him to pass.
>>
>>43639787
What would you say over Hammers? Falchions or something else.
Also would you say it is worth it to Master Craft anything or Digital? I am thinking Meltas at least if I have the points.
>>
>>43639585
>But he's just a puppy who's weak, his bloodline is weak and he will not survive the winter.
Fixed it for you.
>>
>>43639791

Check this one:
>>43639754

All is fine.

>>43639831

Personally I'd keep them with swords, or if you really want, then falchions.

Melta bombs are nice to have, I'd take them for Interceptors at least. I've never used master crafted or digital weapons, but sure, if you got the points to spare go for it.
>>
>>43639897

Pure Finnish Lapland's dog is more than suited for winter.
>>
Combining >>43639462
with >>43639459

I can drop the unit of 2 Zoans as said >>43639492 down to 1, 1, 1 and then drop the Hormas for a tervi.

I don't want more than one flyrant at 1k points, I have seen people accusing that of being WAAC
>>
File: tumblr_n6ma66MNTF1sg5kxho1_1280.jpg (428 KB, 1280x1098) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6ma66MNTF1sg5kxho1_1280.jpg
428 KB, 1280x1098
>>43639925

>>43639897 did an obscure reference
>>
Here's a question. Which edition of 40k was the most fun and why?
>>
>>43640019

What the actual fuck? Is that like a yearbook quote or something? Dat gurl be crazy.
>>
>>43639908
Ended up dropping 3 hammers each squad for falchions.
Gave meltas to everyone and changed from curiass to Domina for extra space magic.

I guess it would help to mention I am normally against Imperial Guard, Orks and sometime soon other Space Marines.
>>
So just to make sure I have all the advice for my Tyranid army straight it should look like:

HQ:

Hive Tyrant (230pts) - 2 Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms

Elite:

Zoanthrope - 50

Zoanthrope - 50

Venomthrope - 45

Troops:

30 Termagant Brood (120pts)

Tervigon (195)

Heavy:

Carnifex - 2 Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms - 150

Carnifex - 2 Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms - 150

Total : 990
>>
>>43640087

Well in that case Domina will work in your favor. You want to grab that Cleansing Flame against weak dudemans.

Happy hunting brother.
>>
>>43639461
Damn, that's one deep infiltration mission. You better paint a little medal on him if he makes it out alive.

But really get that dog to a vet the plastic could rupture his gut
>>
>>43640143
Never mind, the above posts.

Have him executed for desertion.
>>
>>43639771
Helsreach is a good read. Ignore their 6th and 7th edition codex fluff. It's stupid. Other than that, just sit in a dark room and get really angry.
>>
File: image.png (132 KB, 430x491) Image search: [Google]
image.png
132 KB, 430x491
>>43639094
Chances that the Bangles will make it from their situation at Baal?
>>
>>43640114

Looks good. You said you understood that tyranids are in a bad place so don't be discouraged. for 1250 just add another Dakka Flyrant.

Also tyranids have never been seen as a new player friendly army but again, don't get discouraged it is just a game.

You said you will be painting/modeling till the new codex and that might not be till the second half of next year so there is no telling if this list will be even remotely viable.
>>
>>43640087
I wouldn't advise dropping all the hammers. I don't like having anything that costs that many points not having a S8 CCW. One hammer isn't going to break the bank and it adds a lot of versatility. I used to play with an ork player a lot and he had a bit of a thing for dreads and kans. You end up feeling really stupid when you get tied up by a single kan and can't really kill it.
>>
>>43640216
>Ignore their 6th and 7th edition codex fluff. It's stupid.
The stuff about the number change?
>>
>>43640257
The two term squads originally had 5 hammers each, now they only have 2.
>>
>>43640277
That, among a few other things. I still refuse to use scouts, devastators, and sarges, as their inclusion in our 6th and 7th edition lists were due entirely due to ease of codex writing and not fluff. I also hate their change on stance concerning psykers.
>>
>>43640308
Apparently, I have forgotten how to read. Two hammers is probably fine, so long as you have the models. As memory serves, the kit only comes with one hammer.
>>
>>43640313
>I still refuse to use scouts, devastators, and sarges, as their inclusion in our 6th and 7th edition lists were due entirely due to ease of codex writing and not fluff.
I mean they probably have the equipment on hand, and what's wrong with them using it? Now that I think about it, they really are becoming more of a codex chapter.
>>43640313
>I also hate their change on stance concerning psykers.
Why is that bad?
>>
>>43640331

Your memory serves just fine.
>>
If I were to use Breacher teams in a Hunter Cadre for responding to approaching threats and deep-striking, would it be worth investing in a Devilfish for the extra movement and protection? I love the idea of using the Ambushes and Feints rule with Breachers for some sick shotgun action.
>>
>>43640338
Basically, you already found my answer. By changing the fluff, they're making the Templars into a codex chapter that really likes swords. Taking away the things that make them different takes away everything interesting. In a setting like 40k, it's the faction's flaws that give them personality, and the Templars were never short on bad ideas. As for the psykers bit, I just prefer the older "we hate all psykers, but tolerate some because we need them to survive" fluff over what the 6e codex had.
>>
File: latest.jpg (42 KB, 749x518) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
42 KB, 749x518
Why doesn't chaos get more than one baneblade variant? and for that matter, isn't their baneblade apocalypse only?

I would absolutely love transporting, well, almost anything in one of these. 20 Possessed? 35 Cultists with mark of khorne?
>>
>>43640331
Sadly you are right, I plan on frankensteining the warding stave into a hammer using the hammer from the regular Grey Knights kit.

>>43640135
The guardsmen took an Imperial Knight of some kind so I had trouble with the one Dreadknight I had at the time. So hopefully with Brother Sigourney and Brother Weaver together with hammers can take it down. (I did also have unfavorable rolls)
>>
>>43639094
>in the grim darkness of far future there is only war

We had this right for a while, why did you have to fuck it up again?
>>
>>43640400
>I just prefer the older "we hate all psykers, but tolerate some because we need them to survive" fluff over what the 6e codex had.
But isn't that what the 6E did though?
>>
>>43640407
>Why doesn't chaos get more than one baneblade variant?
Because the Dark AdMech hates you for asking questions.
>>
>>43640407
Idk why you want baneblade varrients at all, SHV have shit stats and are removed by turn 2-3
>>
>>43640426
Arent Hammers unwieldy? The Knight will strike first. Then your 2 Hammers will do potentially 2 HP to the Knight. Then the stomp comes.

5 Termies arent a great way to kill a Knight.
>>
>>43640439
No, 6e changed it to "we hate xenos psykers, but think that imperial ones are closer to god". It also stated that the Templars didn't choose to lose librarians, but that it just happened one day and they're waiting for the Emperor to give them back.
>>
>>43640446
funny because the regular ad mech hates me for asking questions too

>>43640451
>shit stats and are removed by turn 2-3
you just described like 80% of the codex
>>
>>43640460
Well Sigourney and Weaver are what I named the Dreadknights.
>>
>>43640471
I still insist that nurgle spawn are one of the best units in the game. Other than that, it's a pretty depressing book.
>>
>>43640463
Oh.>>43640471
>funny because the regular ad mech hates me for asking questions too
Well stop asking people who worship machines questions.
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 803x995) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 803x995
>>43639387
YFW your GFs dog is Khorne
>>
>>43640426

Well then you probably should go hammers every time. Concussive is massive if you survive first round.
>>
>>43640438

Just for you baby.

>>43639742

>Warhol

I thought of that right after I posted. Why live...
>>
How viable would having 9 Medusae and a Haemo with webway portal in a raider be?
Is it to costly? Better to just spam kabalites?
>>
>>43640438
Why are you all so autistic about that shitty image? Why does it even matter?
>>
I kinda want to try a seeker missile spam list, where I take the infiltration cadre, spam huge squads of pathfinders that just nuke shit with tons of markerlights, and then shower them with both free seeker missiles from the special rule, and tons of missiles from Skyrays, piranhas, and whatever else can take them.

Does this sound like a dumb idea?
>>
1. Which edition codices have the best art/models?

2. Is there an army I can run doing exclusively Forge World stuff? Of all FW I have had experience with, their art looks much better, their models look much better, and their rules seem to be much better, too.
>>
>>43640670
1.) My vote goes to the Eldar, dat astetic tho.

2.) Death Korps of Kreig, Elyasian Drop Troopers, or the Renegades and Heretics army list all allow you to use only Forgeworld models
>>
>>43640698
I meant like which edition codices have the best art and models. Of course in 7e those Eldar look beautiful. Heard that some of the editions from 3e to 5e has the GOAT stuff though idk which one of those specifically does.

And also: which FW books should I check out for all the Death Korps stuff?
>>
>>43640058
I'm a Tau player since the end of 3rd and I'd say my favourite was either late 4th or early 5th before every marine and their dog all bought rhinos

6th and 7th both have the same problems, too fucking random in a game that's already based on rolling dice
>>
>>43640388
It would help for objective scoring and general mobility, but the devilfish is very overcosted. It all comes down to personal preference
>>
>>43640872
They are in the Siege of Vraks and SoV compilation books.

Speaking of DKoK, which Legion should I paint up my Battle at Calth marines to pair / ally with my DKoK guard?
* Imperial Fist because siege-bros
* Space Wolves or Blood Angels for melee-ness
* Pre-Heresy World eaters because I just have a massive boner for Blue-and-White World Eaters. Rip and tear.
>>
>>43640872
3rd ed is shit for fluff & images, what you want is 4th and 5th.
>>
>>43641193
Cool Imma check those books out. As for pairing I would suggest Imperial Fists cuz siege pairing and word is that they are one of the stronger 30k armies.

>>43641226
Okay Imma check out 4th and 5th codices for some fluff/art/models.
>>
Why are there no more list threads anymore?
>>
>>43641457
because they die too fast on their own.
>>
>>43641457
No one gives a shit about lists.
>>
>>43641457
All the crunchfags went to other forums, and most of the 40kfags on /tg/ these days are just interested in space marine lore and have played very few games.
>>
>>43641193
Red Scorpions because mk4
>>
File: 1.jpg (174 KB, 1920x798) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
174 KB, 1920x798
>>43640538
Yfw your gf is Khornes dog
>>
>>43641766
Who you gonna call?
ORDO MALLEUS
>>
File: NightLordsConversionPackNEW01.jpg (50 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
NightLordsConversionPackNEW01.jpg
50 KB, 600x620
>>43641603
Speak of the devil

Alright I got bored painting only Orks and I want to shoehorn another shit-tier codex into my army. I bought a box of CSM and I'm going to try and force this shit into my list. My meta kind of sucks and I end up winning most of my games because nobody else can into target prioritization, kiting, or figuring out how to get the charge rather than be charged.

Here's what I got. How rekt will I be?

Orks: CAD
++HQ++
Warboss
-Lukky Stikk
-'Eavy Armor
-Power Klaw
-Boss Pole

Painboy

++Troops++
Boys x20
-'Eavy armor
-Nob w/ Big Choppa, BP

Boys x20
-Shootas
-2x Big shoota
-Nob w/ Big Choppa, BP

Grots x10

++Elites++
MANz
-Trukk w/ ram

++Heavy++
10x Lootas

10x Lootas

++Fort++
Aegis Defense Line

CSM: Allied Detachment
++HQ++
Sorcerer
-ML3
-VotLW
-Plasma Pistol
-Force Sword
-Sigil of Corruption

++Troops++
CSM x9
Plasma Gun
Plasma Pistol and Power Fist for Champ
VotLW
Rhino

The Warboss and Painboy go with the 'ardboy blob, the lootas go behind the ADL segments, and the Sorc gets stuck in with the CSMs in the Rhino (probably rolling for telepathy because muh Night Lords). Its only 1465 points so I've got room to add some stuff.

I know this'll do alright with the players up here because they suck, but I'm moving to a bigger area soon and the store owner says he sees lots of SM, BA, CSM, Nids,Tau, and Necrons
>>
File: 1446137059787.jpg (90 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1446137059787.jpg
90 KB, 1200x900
>>43641818

>willingly putting those ugly ass helmets on your Night lords

JUST.
>>
>>43641950
LOL I'm modding them. I'm going to clip the wings and stick them on the Tzeentch Champ head for my sorcerer.
>>
File: eyepatchnurse.jpg (19 KB, 495x363) Image search: [Google]
eyepatchnurse.jpg
19 KB, 495x363
>>43641950
>>43641976
So much of this is modded and kitbashed.
The Trukk is a looted Rhino with homemade, crooked treads.

The Warboss has a towershield made of 4 vanguard Storm Shields and has a Black Orc banner for his Stikk.

The Painboy is made from a greenstuffed AoBR Nob. He's got an eyepatch like pic related, a blood smeared apron, a chain-bonesaw and a pistol gripped syringe.

The ADL is also going to be made form leftover rhino and stompa bits.
>>
Asking in here and the /30k/ thread because I'm not really sure where to put it.

Bought BaC and the termiantors look beautiful, my only issue is that I'd love to run them as assault terminators w/ storm sheilds and thunder hammers but I'm not really sure what are good conversion parts of them, any suggestions? Thanks.
>>
Yo,
Ive decided to take up 40k again, i say again but ive only ever bought units then never played, dating back to rogue trader, ive just never had anyone to play.

This time im making an effort, unlike 20 years ago im a man with a disposable income now and an interest.

Ive chosen necrons as ive liked the look of them since they were first brought out and i got a free model in white dwarf.

Can anyone throw together a small army (as small as people play with points with as i dont wat a million unpainted minis) then i can get ordering.

Id go into my local GW and as the staff but there fucking vultures and ill end up coming out after buying everything they sell :-|
>>
File: 1313864014626.jpg (9 KB, 278x282) Image search: [Google]
1313864014626.jpg
9 KB, 278x282
>>43642113
>This time I'm making an effort
>Can anyone throw together a small army (as small as people play with points with as i dont wat a million unpainted minis) then i can get ordering.
>>
>>43642138
Allright cunt, take your face for a shit and when you get back be a little more helpful, Kapeesh?
>>
File: 1445890484696.jpg (50 KB, 404x443) Image search: [Google]
1445890484696.jpg
50 KB, 404x443
Mont'ka book incoming. 1st formation.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rapid-Insertion-Force
>>
>>43642222

Is the enemy unit the Homing Beacon?
>>
File: 1438996117923.png (562 KB, 683x642) Image search: [Google]
1438996117923.png
562 KB, 683x642
>>43642113
>This time I'm making an effort
>Can anyone throw together a small army (as small as people play with points with as i dont wat a million unpainted minis) then i can get ordering.
>>
File: farsight-cover.jpg (120 KB, 676x400) Image search: [Google]
farsight-cover.jpg
120 KB, 676x400
>>43642222
>This bundle contains everything necessary to field the Rapid Insertion Force, a Tau Empire formation found in War Zone Damocles: Mont’ka.

Confirmed.

The Imperium will feel the wrath of Shas'Va.
>>
File: Vior'la.png (119 KB, 480x482) Image search: [Google]
Vior'la.png
119 KB, 480x482
>>43642222

Mont'ka soon, gue'la!
>>
anyone have Tzeentch flavored gift ideas that aren't models/cash?
>>
>>43642383
some food that looks savory but is really a sweet dessert. I had some fried fish once that was like this.
>>
Alright /tg/, teach me about eldar corsairs. They look cool as fuck, and I fully intend on starting them up once the new book drops soon. I play in a fairly medium level meta, but things get extreme and highly competetive extremely fast.

So how viable are corsairs? What are their strengths and weaknesses? Should I have everyone walk in heavy armor, jetpacks, or naked in falcons? Any tips or tricks for building up the army/playing them?
>>
>>43642472
Wait a month or so, they're getting an update soon.
>>
>>43642501
>I fully intend on starting them up once the new book drops soon.
>Wait a month or so, they're getting an update soon.
>>
>>43642527
And when that book drops people will be able to give advice
>>
>>43642527
Alright hold on until I e-mail forgeworld pleading for the new book early, read through it a while then give you advice on what to take.
>>
New IG formation? I guess it's for Mont'ka book or something.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Emperor%E2%80%99s-Shield-Infantry-Platoon
>>
File: edv2a.gif (46 KB, 793x599) Image search: [Google]
edv2a.gif
46 KB, 793x599
Thinking of using some Legion of the Damned marines as an allied force for my (fairly standard) mechy Imperial Guard.

My narrative gives no reason for the LotD to be anywhere near the war (it's a tie-in with an Only War campaign, the utter pointlessness of this particular war is the whole point) but I really like the "Movie Marines" feel of the LotD rules, they feel like what ordinary Spess Mehreens should feel like if the game were scaled properly.

What chapter should I proxy them as? Maybe Raptors? Salies?
>>
>>43642550
Dude, leaks of the units are already out. Besides I am looking at current tactics and usage. I understand that it will all need to be altered once the new book drops. I just want to get a general feel for them as I know next to nothing a out them other than their infantry look sweet.
>>
>>43642193
Not that guy, but first and foremost the grammar Nazi in me says it's spelled capiche.

Secondly, the lowest amount I'd suggest playing for Necrons is around 750 points. For that size you're looking at trying to get around 30-40 warriors, 5-10 immortals, a pack of tomb blades, and a command barge. That gets you the base decurion formation with a little extra meat, and models for essentially two HQ choices. That work for what you're asking?
>>
>>43642696
Dude it's the legion of the damned. They are wherever they want. Even if it's a pointless war they can always drop to say Hi because the fact that they are aid unlooked for and theyr motives are mysterious is the central point of their fluff.
>>
>>43642742
Your amazing Cheers!
>>
>>43642694

Isn't there an Emperor's Shield infantry platoon in one of the APOC books?
>>
File: Ghosts-NZ.png (80 KB, 250x359) Image search: [Google]
Ghosts-NZ.png
80 KB, 250x359
So there was this Ghosts of the Webway bundle but when I try clicking on it I'm getting a 404 error. Does it work for anyone else?
>>
>>43639094
copy the new ref url at least:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf
>>
>>43640407
because it is a puny human metal box. If you want Baneblades, enslave some puny humans and send them to war.
>>
>>43640238
The Sanguinor says they can, so they can.
>>
>>43639094
When are we getting the reprint chaos dex with the expansion paks added in and absolutely nothing new?
I need a heftier paperweight for all my disappointment of originally joining this hobby and playing chaos marines.
>>
>>43639238
>>Warboss - Bosspole, Eavy Armour, Power Klaw and Shoota - 69pts

That comes out at 94 points, not 69.

Battlewagon should at least have a Ram just for rerolling difficult terrain. It's only 5 points.

Trukks should take free rokkits. Way better than Big Shootas.

For expansion, Tankbustas are the logical choice. You do seem to have something of a Speed Freak theme going, so Biker Boyz would be good. They're also an excellent unit.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 215x217) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 215x217
>>
File: image.jpg (257 KB, 798x1064) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257 KB, 798x1064
>>43643328
Well, there is this rumour of that the CSM are getting update in March, but like I said it's only a rumour and it's to be taken with a LARGE grain of salt.
>>
>>43643551
people have been spreading rumors about a CSM update for years anon
>>
Group is seriously considering going back to 2nd or 3rd edition. Kind of like the idea of playing 2nd edd with new models.
>>
Okay ignore my last Death Korps list post there are all sorts of fuck ups on it so I deleted it. Anyway, as I said I am selling everything else I ordered so I can get these guys.

1850 points

---HQ---
Company Command Squad - 150 points
-Master of Ordnance
-Two Veterans for Heavy Weapon team with Twin-Linked Heavy Stubbers
-Two more Veterans for Heavy Weapon team with Twin-Linked Heavy Stubbers

---Troops---

2x Combat Engineer Squads - 85 x 2 = 170 points
-Demolition Charge
-Mole Launcher

---Elite---

Death Korps Grenadier Squad - 90 points
-Plasma Guns

Death Korps Grenadier Squad - 85 points
-Heavy Stubbers
-Melta Bombs

4x Death Korps Field Battery - 55 x 4 =220 points

---Dedicated Transports-

Grenadiers

2x Centaur Carriers - 55 x 2 = 110 points
-Dozer Blade
-Extra Armor

Engineers

2x Hades Breaching Drill - 60 x 2 =120 points

---Fast Attack---

Death Korps Death Rider Platoon

Death Rider Command Squadron - 100 points

2x Death Rider Squadrons - 170 points

Cyclops Demolition Squad - 30 points

---Heavy Support---

Death Korps Heavy Artillery Battery - 165 points
-All Carriages upgraded to Medusa
-Bastion Breacher Shells

---Lords of War---

Macharius - 340 points
-Hunter Killer Missile
-Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter

---Fortifications---

Aegis Defense Line - 100 points
-Quad Gun

To make it an even 2000 points:

Colossus Bombard - 150 points
-Extra Armor
>>
>>43642694
>http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Emperor%E2%80%99s-Shield-Infantry-Platoon
>This bundle gives you everything needed to field the Emperor’s Shield Infantry Platoon, a formation found in War Zone Damocles: Mont’ka.
AM getting something. Shieeeet.
>>
>>43643633
As a DKoK player I think that DKoK Grenadiers in Centaurs are so much shittier than IG Vets in Chimeras it is astounding.

Anyways, I feel like your low model count and AVs on the Centaurs will get you shot off the board before your duders can recoup their points costs.
>>
>>43643855
So should I just have a fuck ton of infantry units as an infantry platoon be meatshields instead of Grenadiers in Centaurs?
>>
File: 1444293859651.jpg (144 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
1444293859651.jpg
144 KB, 752x1063
>Tmw all these new models are comimg out and all you get is a reboxed tank with a techpriest that costs 80 dollars.

>Tmw the only thing the formation does is lets you re-roll failed coversaves

>Tmw you realize all you are going to get is a codex with updated art.

>Tmw IG release week ends
>>
>>43643723
Remember that time when GW also released new stuff for AM like a stormlord and bullgryns.

You know
>New Stuff
>>
File: 1425636556897.jpg (27 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1425636556897.jpg
27 KB, 499x499
>>43643926

>tfw we get a new model and it's another Commissar
>>
>>43643581
In some places, the year hasn't truly started until we get our first CSM rumor and SoB rumor.
>>
The only way to save IG is to give them free Chimeras or ObjSec on their tanks.
>>
>>43642472

They are going to be as OP as the current Eldar. The old Corsairs were sort of like Eldar/DE hybrid. They were faster, had higher BS, and jetpacks.

The new Corsairs seem to be tech-Eldar. They have Warp Spider Wraithknights and cheaper, weaker Lynxes that can be taken as a heavy support. SUPERHEAVY NON-LORD OF WAR!
>>
File: 1442255017909.png (242 KB, 450x485) Image search: [Google]
1442255017909.png
242 KB, 450x485
>>43644001
>>43643926

>Tmw we get a new release from GW come 8 edition for leman russes where they have to drive backwards towards the enemy and always have their rear Armour exposed.
>>
File: Emperor Class Titan.jpg (23 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
Emperor Class Titan.jpg
23 KB, 243x207
>>43642279
>>43642286
I heard itty bitty bugs. Now get wrecked as I am deployed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR4vuyU-GWw
>>
>>43644158

Oh yeah they also get combat drugs. That's pretty insane. There's not much reason to play DE anymore, most DE players will probably use Corsair rules.
>>
File: 1404573283012.jpg (4 KB, 162x127) Image search: [Google]
1404573283012.jpg
4 KB, 162x127
>>43644142

Or give them a monsterous creature that really should have been a walker but fuck the GW design team that can soak up a lot of damage but also deal a lot of damage (and no I don't mean Imperial Knights)
>>
File: Imperial_Imperator_Titan.jpg (121 KB, 417x629) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Imperator_Titan.jpg
121 KB, 417x629
>>43644172
Woops, wrong titan.
>>
>>43644142
You can get OBJ sec on your tanks if you run/ally armoured company. There are two problems with this

>Oponents will look at you having tanks as troops being op and since forgeworld is also too op, you cannot field them

>You are fielding alot of vehicles in a game that penalizes you for using a vehicle for more then transportation.
>>
File: 1444572514542.gif (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1444572514542.gif
8 KB, 200x200
>>43644185
Make Imperial knights T8 GCs with 2+ and 4++ and make them a Heavy support choice for IG
>>
Ugh I fucked up on the rules again. The Engineers are considered Elites if they have the Drill. Anyway here's it done right. Second attempt at Death Korps this time with higher model counts/meatshields. Also do tell how this does against armies that have powerful heavy infantry units like Tau, Necron, and Wraithhost/Wraithwall + Scatbike Eldar or how to make this army better against those guys.

1850 points

---HQ---

Company Command Squad - 150 points
-Master of Ordnance
-Two Veterans for Heavy Weapon team with Twin-Linked Heavy Stubbers
-Two more Veterans for Heavy Weapon team with Twin-Linked Heavy Stubbers

---Troops---

Infantry Platoon #1

Death Korps Platoon Command Squad - 50 points

2x Death Korps Infantry Squads - 70 x 2 = 140 points

Infantry Platoon #2

Death Korps Platoon Command Squad - 50 points

2x Death Korps Infantry Squads - 70 x 2 = 140 points

2x Combat Engineer Squads - 85 x 2 = 170 points
-Demolition Charge
-Mole Launcher

---Elite---

4x Death Korps Field Battery - 55 x 4 = 220 points

---Dedicated Transports-

Engineers

2x Hades Breaching Drill - 60 x 2 =120 points

---Fast Attack---

Death Korps Death Rider Platoon

Death Rider Command Squadron - 100 points

2x Death Rider Squadrons - 170 points

---Heavy Support---

Death Korps Heavy Artillery Battery - 165 points
-All Carriages upgraded to Medusa
-Bastion Breacher Shells

---Lords of War---

Macharius - 325 points

---Fortifications---

Aegis Defense Line - 50 points

To make it an even 2000 points:

Colossus Bombard - 150 points
-Extra Armor

>>43644195
Where can I read the rules on this monster? Could only find rules up till the Warlord with his 2750 point cost.
>>
File: Discussion.jpg (121 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Discussion.jpg
121 KB, 250x250
>>43640407
>why doesn't chaos get more
>not playing LatD via IG allies

Get on my level, anon. It's like you don't enjoy the wailing of horrified purists down the LGS.
>>
File: Imperator_datacard.jpg (125 KB, 350x534) Image search: [Google]
Imperator_datacard.jpg
125 KB, 350x534
>>43644294
>Where can I read the rules on this monster? Could only find rules up till the Warlord with his 2750 point cost.
I think old Epic had rules. There is a picture. Hold the phone here.
>>
>>43644302
>CtA allies
>Transports
these things do not mix at all
>>
File: Lights.jpg (119 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Lights.jpg
119 KB, 250x250
>>43642849
>@50 models
>$1100
>clicking on it

Why?
>>
>>43644385
that NZ money anon, they have no choice
>>
I've played my first game of 40k with some friends today. 4 sides, 2 armies of 500pts of Marines have to transport a prisoner to other corner, on the other two corners chaos marines and myself with tau.

Pretty fun although I died really easily.

Shadowsun with MV52

2 units of 6 fire warriors

1 unit of 3 stealth suits

1 unit of 3 XV-8 all of them with cyclic ion blaster, two with twin links missile pods and one with twin link fusion blaster.

Shadowsun died instantly in a instant death by a dreadnought.

In general the XV-8 are nasty as hell but I think making them iridium armor is worth the points.

The Stealth suits did their shit only at close combat, otherwise they were sitting ducks with 3+ save and 4+ inv which is good.

The fire warriors surprisingly took a little bit less than their own numbers in marines which is amazing for such a weak warriors...

I need to test the Broadsides.

Any tips fellow anons?
>>
GW is selling backpacks now
>>
>>43644430
How much does it cost, and does it come with a single space marine model?
>>
>>43644414
>no riptides
Filthy casual.
>>
>>43644430
>umm, nazi symbols?? WTF are you wearing anon?
>>
>>43644446
$214 and crusader case.
>>
>>43644446
the bag itself is 90 USD and can apparently expand to carry either a "Crusade" GW miniatures case, or two "Battle" GW cases stacked on top of eachother. Not sure how well it would hold a "Skirmish" GW Case.

It can be bought with a miniatures case as well, but then it costs more.

>>43644475
yeah that was unfortunate styling
>>
File: CSM.jpg (68 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
CSM.jpg
68 KB, 250x250
>>43644341
>chaos players buy bane variants
>to use as Marine transports

WTF? Lolno. Whaaat?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHpDPuh8A2Q
This song can fit the Emperor and Imperator Titans perfectly.
>>43644482
>>43644496
For a backpack? Good God Emperor why?
>>43644475
>>umm, nazi symbols?? WTF are you wearing anon?
>yeah that was unfortunate styling
I remember one Anon lamenting the fact he can't wear 40k Imperial symbols because people mistake it for Nazi symbols. He also said if he wore a shirt with the Eye of Horus, people would probably mistake for an indie band symbol.
>>
File: 1410301558989.png (138 KB, 211x314) Image search: [Google]
1410301558989.png
138 KB, 211x314
>>43644414
>died instantly in a instant death
>>
>>43644475
>aquila
>nazi
>being this ignorant

Pearls are formed in CLOSED mouths, anon.
>>
>>43644533
90 for a backpack is actually not that unreasonable

from the description it is intended to allow people to bicycle with a Crusade case. Maybe useful in dense cities like San Francisco, New York, Boston, London, etc but I somehow foresee the backpack not selling well among most of the US customers
>>
>>43644597
What is the Aussie price?
>>
>>43644607
155 upside down dollars (google says the eqv of 110 USD)

even the US price (90 USD) is slightly high. Not total theft, but high.
>>
>>43644570
people WILL associate that kind of eagle (with wings spread or spread-eagled if you will) with the Nazis. Just like someone would assume a necron symbol was egyptian
>>
>>43644651
At least it's not like that Fortress of Grim Corruption thing. You can buy a 3000 point Marine army with the Freedom dollars price.
>>43644656
>people WILL associate that kind of eagle (with wings spread or spread-eagled if you will) with the Nazis.
Didn't Hittites use the double eagle first?
>Just like someone would assume a necron symbol was egyptian
So good? Funny thing is that Egyptians are human Crons in-universe.
>>
>>43644294
Guys please do help me with forming up this army. It's going to be stupid levels of expensive so I don't want it to be shitty.
>>
>>43644754
>Egyptians are human Crons in-universe
Wat.
>>
>>43644179
Fuckin' sweet, man. I just sold my DE because they weren't holding up as well as I'd like, too.
>>
>>43644468
Seriously speaking if I can live without those huge mechs I won't buy anything bigger than a broadside.... Don't like the way 40k is going from infantry, small mechs and tanks to mega mechs
>>
>>43644534
S7 against T3.

It's a fucking HQ with T3
>>
>>43644780
The Triarch Praetorian has seen the rise of humanity, and if I'm not mistaken they influenced humanity with a couple other races.
>>
>>43644838
How the hell Emprah let him to do such thing.
>>
>>43644899
Emps probably had no idea what they were and wanted to see how it played out. Or maybe he talked to the tin cans, and liked their ideas.
>>
>>43644796
C A S U A L
A
S
U
A
L
>>
>>43644772
Buy from china man, get good at conversions. Ebay has alot of model kits for artillery platforms that are around 13-17 dollars each that just need some 40k grimdark smudged in.
>>
The Triarch Praetorian weren't the only things to fool around on pre-Imperial times.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Pharaa%27gueotla
Emps probably was righting for the right time to kick this thing off Earth. There was also the Void Dragon/shard of the Dragon, and there was some talk about the oceans being drained when some pre-human ruins were found and humanity declared war on the Necrons/Deep Ones living under our waters. I also think there was a hint on the Crons killing off the dinosaurs as well.
>>43644987
Only when they won't back stab us or if he decides that they're good people. The Triarch Praetorian was probably his first experience with aliens.
>>
My favorite part of playing Apoc games as IG is that when I field SHTs, their short acronym stands for botb their unit type and how they perform. Got to love all these massive SHTs lying on my shelves
>>
What would be a cool alternate color for Red Scorpions? I just got the BaC box and want to play them, but not sure I want to paint them grey or black since my other army is grey (knights). I was thinking a dark red body with white shoulder pads and white helmets on the apothecaries. Any ideas?
>>
File: IMG_1611.jpg (378 KB, 1600x1487) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1611.jpg
378 KB, 1600x1487
>>43645059
>I also think there was a hint on the Crons killing off the dinosaurs as well.
It makes sense, Seraphon/lizardmen/slanni were the closest servants of Old Ones.
>>
>>43645121
Blue with yellow trimming. Try a colour like Ultramarine Shadow to represent them in the fluff.
>>
>>43645121
Use old school colors.
>>
>>43645023
Those aren't sexy though. While Forge World does build better looking models than GW, the Death Korp are by far the sexiest things FW make. But as a result of how ridiculously sexy they are, they cost more than the Thousand Sons, Word Bearers, Eldar, and Imperial Guard armies I made up/ordered put together (so I cancelled all those orders.)
>>
>>43645149
Heh, spagetti hair.
>>
>>43645149
I like to think it was Trazyn who did it. He came to fight Old Ones, and then decided to capture dinosaurs on the grounds that they might be valuable one day.
>>
>buy eternal crusade alpha even though I know it's gonna be shit
>play it
>it's actually quite fun
>crunch feels better than tabletop
>heavy bolters are actually useful
>I can actually use a stalker bolter
>they've even implemented objsec into the game

Actually restored hope in this title. Alpha get's boring pretty quick though as there isn't a lot to do.

Melee is also awful, so same as tabletop really.

Coming from Planetside 2 though I have no fucking idea how they're gonna balance this shit.
>>
File: attachment.jpg (123 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
attachment.jpg
123 KB, 1632x1224
>>43645161

Son, the first thing about this hobby you need to know is that GW and FW are just bases that you build on. Your skills at painting, sculpting, story telling, and creativeness is what your army represents.
>>
>>43645183
Que fucking plot of the last Transformer Movie.
>>
Is Big Mek Buzzgob an OK hq?

I'm eyeing up his warlord trait and wondering, does it mean Deff Dreads & Mega Dreads are essentially Objsec or just that they're scoring units now? (doesn't everything score in 7th?)
>>
File: 1288312947475.jpg (6 KB, 97x101) Image search: [Google]
1288312947475.jpg
6 KB, 97x101
>>43645102
>My favorite part of playing Apoc games as IG is that when I field SHTs, their short acronym stands for botb their unit type and how they perform. Got to love all these massive SHTs lying on my shelves
>>
>>43645154
Can you show me an example of what you mean? I'm interested

>>43645155
Yeah that's what inspired me to go dark red. I don't think I could do a red and black look like that with my painting skill so I was thinking more of a Word Bearers look to the red with white parts.
>>
>>43645233
Age of Extinction? Wait.
>Trazyn makes the captured dinosaurs more Cronish
>>
>>43645102

Any notable failures on the part of your SHTs?
>>
>>43645161
>the Death Korp are by far the sexiest things FW make

Solar Auxilia would like a word with you Anon
>>
>>43645286
Ive noticed that after Im done with my SHTs, they look mis-shapen, their colour is off, and they end up taking alot of space.
>>
File: Ultramarine_Honour_Guard.jpg (40 KB, 675x560) Image search: [Google]
Ultramarine_Honour_Guard.jpg
40 KB, 675x560
>>43645264
Here you go.
>>
>>43645289
But penisheads worse even than regular ig
>>
>>43645218
Then perhaps I shouldn't start off with Death Korps as my first army, right?

>>43645289
Why not just take Space Marines if you want them to have that much armor?
>>
>>43645470
No, they have alot of potential. Basically anything from ww1-2 can be used. They actually have their own leman russ varriant called Ragnorak based on the kv2
>>
>>43645511
So honestly should I just buy a ton of cheap ww1/ww2 stuff to practice painting/sculpting with? It's the one part of the hobby I am completely and utterly new to.
>>
Corsair fag again. Color question now. I'm planning on doing something heavily like pic related on all vehicles, themeing the entire army on a Tron-esque look. The main theme with the tron colors come with dark solids with monotone bright neon highlights. Multiple colors tend to draw away from the effect, though light shifts in the highlight color can denote a higher rank.

Your opinion time: what scheme would you run? A traditional bright blue like pic related? The hero scheme of ice blue and white? Or Clu's scheme of reds/yellows?

Would you keep helmets black, colored with the highlight colors, or contrasting like pic related?

Lastly I feel like pic related gives off the glowing effect brilliantly, but it still seems a little flat and uninteresting. What would you add to the vehicle to enhance it?
>>
>>43645579
Not necessarily.
I got a shitty army from second hand. Removing paint with dettol and painting again. But be aware that it will take you time to paint properly. If you want to play just get a second arm army and you can play meanwhile you learn to paint.

Check tutorials on youtube and don't get frustrated if yours doesn't look like the video.
>>
>>43645248
Nah, he's a complete relic of the times now. It's almost as if rules from 5th ed don't work in 7th, forgeworld.

IIRC even his 400 point stompa isn't around anymore and "Scoring" means nothing now than everything scores, you need the words objective secured now. I hate to say it but he's useless.
>>
>>43645662
>But be aware that it will take you time to paint properly
Maybe then I should just go Necrons or Chaos Space Marines since those seem to be the easiest to paint and are cheaper money wise, but I don't plan to make them generic either.
>>
>>43645622
I'll have one of everything please.

Seriously though corsair bands are made up of all sorts of different eldar who even in the same role no doubt hate those other guys over there with only the prince holding them together. It makes more sense and looks more impressive if everything is different.
>>
>>43645435
Well regular IG can't breath in outer-space so fuck them!

>>43645470
Because space marines aren't cool little tin men explorers (well they kind of are but they don't look the part as much).

Solar Auxilia look way cooler when you realise their suits are made for exploring/ fighting in all environments and even in space. That's why they have the rope & chain bits on their back.

Now just imagine those tiny little tin men trying to shoot shit in space whilst dangling from their ship by a rope.
>>
>>43645746
That's sounds solid enough, I do like the look of coherent forces though. At least if they are all split up in colors it would be very easy to denote different squads/formations (if they are present in the new book)
>>
>>43645805
Painting everything in that same black with bright coloured trim will make it look coherent. Remember there's units like the outcasts that often keep the colour scheme of their chosen path before the got bored and went wandering as well.
>>
>>43645059
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/The_Angel
Looks like we have found lost primarch!
>>
>>43645735
No, go with whatever you like. If you don't like your army then you are stuck with something that you don't like.

If it is for the looks find the army you like, if it is for the playstyle get an idea of how each army works and think what you would like.

But don't choose because it is easy to paint.

For example Tau are good at shooting but crap at close combat, imperium(astra militaris) and orks are horde armies, you have hundreds of shitty units that do next to no damage but due to the fact that they are hundreds some will hit.
>>
>>43645338
Red Scorpions. Ultramarine Blue. Does not compute.
>>
Starting an Eldar army, this is the list I intend to build towards. Haven't bought anything yet, advice is extremely welcome so I can make informed purchases.

++Eldar 2000pt Craftworld Warhost++

==Windrider host==
Farseer 170pts
>Shard of Anaris
>Spirit Stone of Anath'lan

5 Warlocks 275pts
>Singing Spears

3 Vypers 255pts
>Brightlance
>Shuriken Cannon
>Crystal Targeting Matrix

6 Windriders 177pts
>+1 Warlock with Singing Spear
>2 Shuriken Catapults

6 Windriders 177pts
>2 Shuriken Catapults

6 Windriders 177pts
>2 Shuriken Catapults

==Aspect Host==

5 Fire Dragons 255pts
>Firepike
>Wave Serpent with Shuriken Cannon

5 Fire Dragons 255pts
>Firepike

5 Fire Dragons 255pts
>Firepike
>>
>>43646143
Congratulations! You figured out that Eldar bikes are good. I'm sure you'll win many games with your expert tactics and skill.
>>
>>43646225
I know they're good but mostly I just think they look real fuckin neato. I love the big blank space on the front of the bike, it reminds me of the cool blank faces of wraith units. It's a nice little canvas for freehanding or can look very striking if you just leave it a solid color.
>>
>>43646121
He just wants you to paint more stupid sexy men in blue.
>>
File: 1445928807188.jpg (23 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
1445928807188.jpg
23 KB, 398x500
>>43646267
>Picking an army because they look cool.

I can relate. Unfortunately I thought building Orky looted vehicles was cool.
Just kidding, I love my dudes.
>>
>>43646225

It's not like he's running them in squads of 3 with triple scatter laser.
>>
>>43646332
Isn't the point of 40keks to pick the army you think looks/seems coolest?
>>
>>43646143
Well done on bringing a fluffy, well-balanced list without the usual eldar cheese!

Suggestions:

Put your warlocks on jetbikes. Put your Farseer on a jetbike. Consider dropping either the warlock or a bike for an additional heavy weapon like a scatter laser. Consider dropping one squad of bikes for a Crimson hunter: at those points you are bound to find at least 1, and with the CH being the best flying AA in the game, it's a great purchase. Will give you great anti armour against light vehicles too, so you don't need to get your fire dragons out of the vehicle too soon.

I'm not a fan of firepikes, you could drop them to save points.

Additionally you could condense your fire dragons into an aspect host formation. It forces you to take an exarch, BUT your fire dragons all get +1BS
>>
>>43646359

No the point of 40keks is to pick the army you think is the coolest then complain about Eldar and Space Marines.
>>
>>43646369
WOW forget my post entirely. Apparently it's time for bed already. Everything is already there. Minus the Crimson hunter
>>
>>43646359
I wasn't even being sarcastic.
>>43646386
Who complains about Space Marines?
>>
>>43646621
>Who complains about Space Marines?

Everyone that doesn't play space marines? Is it your first day here or something.
>>
File: 1445929222057.gif (2 MB, 500x685) Image search: [Google]
1445929222057.gif
2 MB, 500x685
>>43646648
Nah. Everyone complains about Eldar, Tau and Necrons. The only people I can think of that cry about space marines are sad CSM, Blood Angels, and Wolfy Wolf players because they don't have the cool toys. Maybe you should read the words in the posts and not just look at the pictures if you want to know what you're talking about.
>>
File: Squats.jpg (896 KB, 602x2603) Image search: [Google]
Squats.jpg
896 KB, 602x2603
So, what Ordo of the Inquisition would try to track down the Legion of the Damned, Originatus, or Chronos? Maybe Malleus?
>>
Wait a minute, can you take 2 comb arms detachement and get 2 LoW and 2 Fortifications?
>>
>>43646725

People complain about space marines all the time.

"Oh great another space marine release"
"Hur dur spess muhreens"

You're just too retarded to realize I'm not talking about complaining about rules only.
>>
File: iago6.jpg (15 KB, 282x193) Image search: [Google]
iago6.jpg
15 KB, 282x193
>>43646784
>Hurr Hurr I was talkin' 'bout somethin else the whole tiem.

Yup, I'm retarded. Keep on being a cool guy, Anon.
>>
>>43646837
>The point of 40k is to complain about space marines
>/tg/ is filled with various complaints and whines about marines in some shape or form

Seems pretty on point to me. Keep trying your pathetic damage control. Image response shitposters are the worst.
>>
>>43646837
>hurr hurr i'm not a newfag nobody complains about space marines
>oh wait yeah they do just not the way you were saying though!

By the divine order of the Emperor, I hereby condemn you to Lurkinatus Extremis.
>>
>>43646765
pls halp
>>
>>43640114
Give the Tervigon Toxin Sacs for 10 pts
>>
Is there ever a reason to take 5 lightning claws assault terminators? I'm not a fan of the TH/SS models and I don't want to build my plastic Cataphractii as shooty terminators because I already have grey knights...who do everything SM terminators do but better and cheaper.
>>
Can I just have Chaos Daemons as allies so I can have the Grimoire of True Names? I just need that from their stuff. Do I need to have actual 1 HQ 2 Troops to have it, or can I just add the 30 points to a Chaos Space Marine HQ unit of mine and give it to him?
>>
>>43646949
Definitely Ordo Hereticus. LOTD are human warp ghosts, not demons. That's psyker fuckery, and thus Hereticus' jurisdiction. Ordo Originatus are Historians and while the LOTD move around in time, they don't fuck with causality at all because they are basically mindless, so Ordo Chronos doesn't care about them
>>
>>43647038
When you know the enemy you're facing has little AP2 and 2+ armour saves lightning claws are perfect. They'll tear up orks, nids and dark eldar like it was nothing.
>>
>>43647056
You need a Chaos Daemons unit to take Chaos Daemons wargear, you can't just throw in any wargear from any codex just because they're similar. That said, the allied detatchment is 1HQ 1Troops compulsory, not 2. Take a herald of Tzeentch and some Flamers or another god's equivalent, or find a formation that works for you. Honestly putting Daemons in a CSM army can only improve it.
>>
>>43647097
honestly replacing a csm army with a daemon army can only improve it
>>
>>43646906
>Implying I was doing damage control
And not this guy with his goal post move >>43646784

>Image response shitposters are the worst.
No "fuck off Carnac" shitposters are the worst

The chain of replies traces back to some dude posting an Eldar jetbike list. I know none of you guys actually play 40k and you just whine about GWs prices and have dick measuring contests between your primarch husbandos, but I actually was thinking about lists and rules. My mistake. Next time I'll try not to be so "new" and take into account the autists who obsess over the game they don't play. You're right, you queers do bitch about Spess Muhrines an awful lot.
>>
>>43647141

You literally just complained about space marines with your primarch husbando line and yet you failed to realize how "people complain about space marines" wasn't valid as fuck?

Curb your autism and lurk more, newfag.
>>
Anyone have the audiobook mp3s of Throne of Lies? I tried looking but couldn't find anything worthwhile.
>>
>>43647097
Well this is what I have so far:

1850 points

---HQ---

Lucius The Eternal - 165 points

Sorcerer - 190 points
-Psyker Mastery Level 2
-Veterans of the Long War
-Mark of Slaanesh
-Sigil of Corruption
-Terminator Armor

Abaddon The Despoiler - 265 points

---Troops---

2x 35 Chaos Cultists - 152 points x 2 = 304 points
-Champions have shotguns

9 Noise Marines with Noise Champion - 304 points
-8 Sonic Blasters
-1 Blastmaster
-Power Sword for Champion
-Doom Siren for Champion
-Icon of Excess
-Veterans of the Long War

---Dedicated Transport---

Chaos Rhino - 52 points
-Havok Launcher
-Dozer Blade

---Elites---

4 Thousand Sons with Aspiring Sorcerer - 150 points

2x Helbrutes - 125 x 2 = 250 points
-All Power Scourge upgrades

---Allies---

Herald of Tzeentch - 125 points
-Psyker Mastery Level 2
-Disc of Tzeentch
-Grmoire of True Names

3 Nurglings - 45 points

If the game becomes a 2000 point game, I would take two flamers or screamer. But otherwise I was trying to make a build that combined the Challenge combo with the Noise Marines with Rhino/Thousand Sons for support. The build also needed a Grimoire of True Names so I have those Daemon allies at the bottom.
>>
>>43647180
That's what you got out of that? I don't think you're as smart as you think you are. Why don't you read it again and see I was talking about people complaining about crunch as opposed to people complaining about fluff.
>Hurr durr I know I'll call him a newfag
You might like it better back in >>>/b/
>>
>>43646783
Yep
>>
File: MyPlaygroup.jpg (120 KB, 600x898) Image search: [Google]
MyPlaygroup.jpg
120 KB, 600x898
When the internet fails and their isnt a shop nearby how do you go about finding a playgroup?
>>
>>43647257
Are you going unbound? Is that the reason for the 3 hq choices?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.