[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spectre: A Mass Effect Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 22
File: Mass Effect OP.jpg (63 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect OP.jpg
63 KB, 1131x707
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Spectre:%20A%20Mass%20Effect%20Quest
Rules: http://pastebin.com/8WuXfjHL
Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/xspdZeEh
Companions: http://pastebin.com/f4uADinc
Ship: http://pastebin.com/Vq1GLWEt
Some Info: http://pastebin.com/94Vb0kZz
_

You are Sonali Vasusena, N7, Spectre, and Commanding Officer of the SSV Nakshatra. Yesterday was likely the most eventful of your life. First, you were appointed to the Office of Special Tactics and Reconnaissance and became the second human to ever hold the position of Spectre. Then, after holding a press conference, you set about the affairs that came with being a Spectre, which included setting up your Spectre ID, selecting a ship, choosing a crew, acquiring squadmates and obtaining supplies.

Of course, you then were called in to assist with a serious terrorist attack and hostage situation and rescued a fellow Spectre, Tela Vasir. Said Spectre who then gave you a rundown on her investigation into the Human Supremacist Organization known as Cerberus and requested that you get involved. And, when you thought you might actually get a chance to relax, you were called into a meeting with Councilor Tevos. Fortunately, she was just interested in adding a Drell Assassin to your squad as she was having some issues with him.

>[CONT.]
>>
File: Leo Casual.jpg (245 KB, 1444x2362) Image search: [Google]
Leo Casual.jpg
245 KB, 1444x2362
>>43630327

After all that, you finally managed to get back to your ship and relax for a little while doing a some research. Up until Leo, your second in command, went a little haywire with the food dispenser. On the bright side, you managed to make a small diorama of the Cerberus Research Lab you plan to attack out of bacon strips.

Unfortunately, it appears that someone has eaten it, as it’s no longer standing when you exit your cabin on the morning of February 5th, 2184. Looking around, you see new faces around the Crew Deck. It looks like the rest of your crew has arrived.

“Hey Sona,” Leo greets you from the Galley with a mug of coffee in hand. “Looks like the crew finally arrived.”

“Hey yourself,” You respond as you take the mug of coffee from him and take a swig.

“Hey, that’s mine!” He scowls slightly as he snatches it back.

You just grin at him and walk to the galley. After synthing some coffee and a few breakfast sandwiches for yourself, you…

>Head Up to the Bridge to Meet your new Navigator
>Go down to the Armory to meet your new Marine Detail Commander
>Go check in with [Squadmate]
>Stick around the crew deck to get to know your subordinates
>[Write-in]
>>
>>43630358
>>Head Up to the Bridge to Meet your new Navigator
>>
>>43630358
>>Head Up to the Bridge to Meet your new Navigator

I always feel bad when the thread starts this slow Valor
>>
>Head Up to the Bridge to Meet your new Navigator
Might as well start at the front and work our way back.
>>
>>43630556
This
>>
>Realized I forgot to update the Companions Pastebin so I'm taking care of that.
>>
>It's up to date now: http://pastebin.com/f4uADinc
>>
>>43630358
>Coffee

How does Sonali take her coffee?

I vote for Americano.
>>
>>43631283
A shit ton of sugar, no cream.
>>
>>43631283
>American

Ew, that's like the blandest coffee. It's just espresso and water.

>>43631308
Make it a ton of sugar and cream. Just so we can say "I like a little coffee with my cream and sugar."
>>
>>43631356
Hah I like it
>>
>>43631373
Oh that's good
>>
>>43631356
It's how I take mine.
>>
You tear your way through half a dozen sandwiches, washing them down with your coffee. Being a Biotic means that you burn through an incredible amount of calories but the enhancements you received from Project Durga bumped that number up even higher. You think you consume close to 8000 calories a day. It’s a good thing that the enhancements included an improved digestive system otherwise you’d be hard pressed to meet the requirements. Finishing up your meal, you place your plate and mug in the cleaning receptacle and wash up in the bathroom.

Eying yourself in the mirror, you examine your uniform. The Officer’s Uniform never really sat well with you, seeing as most of your actual commanding occurred in the field and not on the bridge of a warship. But now you’re in command of your own vessel, so it’s something you’re going to have to get used to. Although, you could authorize casual dress if you wished, seeing as the Nakshatra is your ship.

After wiping your face off and brushing your hair back, you make your way to the CIC to meet your new Navigator.

>[CONT.]
>>
>>43631857

The Bridge is significantly more active as the new personnel get themselves settled in. Returning the salute of the Marine posted at the door to the bridge, you lay eyes on your navigator.

Robert Guilford is an older man, with head full of grey hair and a weathered face. As you approach, he turns to face you and you catch sight of the scars and old burns that mar his features. A light blue cybernetic eye rests in his left socket and the right is occupied by a more normal one. Once he catches sight of you, he smiles and salutes.

“Commander Vasusena, Navigator Guilford reporting for duty!” He declares in a deep and smooth voice.

>Response?
>>
>>43631883

Salute back.

"Welcome aboard Mr Guilford. Shes a fine ship isn't she?"
>>
>>43631883
This >>43631906

Whatever the correct protocol is as well, you know, at ease or whatever.
>>
>>43631906
>>43631959
What they said.
>>
>>43631883
Return the salute,
"Welcome aboard *rank* Guilford! How do you find the Ship?"
>>
>>43631883
At ease, when it's the usual crew don't worry about being super formal. Save that for brass and guests.
Sup Valor
>>
>>43631906

Add "How are you settling in?" And maybe any concerns he might have. Then inform him of our mission and ask how soon the ship can be ready to leave.
>>
>>43631975

Naval tradition usually has a superior officer referring to his or her subordinates as Mister sometimes.

You see this in effect in BSG, always hearing Gaeta referred to as Mister.
>>
Just read up on the Squadmates. Did we ask Cath about her discharge?
>>
>>43632010
Ah, gotcha. Only familiar with terrestrial military crap. No squids in my immediate family.
>>
>>43632022
No, but we will as soon as we're done meeting the new guys.
>>
Now we need to talk about something serious, how are we going to acquire a Krogan?
>>
>>43632285
We have Jaro.

She's basically an honorary krogan, isn't she?
>>
>>43632285
Eh, lets keep our eyes peeled. Jaro, despite being a freak, could probably use a hand.
>>
>>43632300
I wonder if she can dropped out of close orbit as sentient munition like a Krogan can
>>
>>43632384
We should probably ask her.
>>
>>43632384
In heavy enough Armor, most definitely.

Although, I'm pretty sure the Krogan who get dropped out in low orbit are Battlemasters.
>>
File: latest?cb=20100110013108.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
latest?cb=20100110013108.png
1 MB, 1440x900
“Welcome Aboard Mr. Guilford,” You say with a smile as you return his salute. “And at ease. When it's the usual crew don't worry about being too formal. Save that for brass and guests.”

Guilford chuckles as he lowers his arm, “Understood Ma’am. What can I help you with today?”

“Just checking in on things and seeing how people are settling in on the Nakshatra,” You answer. “She’s a fine ship, isn’t she?”

The Navigator nods in agreement, “Indeed. She’s one of a kind. Literally.” He chuckles a bit at the joke. “Was a bit surprised when I learned her name. Bucking the trend are you?”

You grin and lean against the central console, “Yes, I am. The name just seemed… right.”

“I understand completely,” Guilford says.

“Anyways,” You continue. “How are you settling in?”

He waves his hand dismissively, “Quite easily, it would seem. I’ve reviewed the crew manifest and am still familiarizing myself with the layout, but I should be done within the hour.”

“Good to hear. How soon do you think we’ll be able to set out?”

>[CONT.]
>>
>>43632470

Guilford scratches his chin contemplatively, “Well, assuming that the crew can get settled in, our supplies are in order and our preflight checks clear out, most likely in Five or Six hours. Why do you ask?”

“We have a Mission,” You answer as you cross your arms. “Have you heard of Cerberus?”

The older man frowns and his expression darkens, “Yes, yes, I have. That’s who we’re up against?”

You nod, “There’s a Research Lab on Noveria that we’re going to raid.”

“Say no more,” Guilford says as he picks up a datapad from the Galaxy Map console. “I’ll have our route charted and the crew ready ASAP. Is that everything ma’am?”

>Yes
>No, [What?]
>>
>>43632489

>Yes

"That'll be all for now. Do let me know if theres anything you'll need."
>>
>>43632489
>Tell me about those scars.

Also try to get a measure of how combat-capable he still is. I assume he can do his job fine, but what happens when things go wrong and he has to get his hands dirty?
>>
>>43632489
>>Yes
>>
>>43632489
>Yes

Also what are the steps to officially endorse casual dress?
>>
>>43632629
>Just put out a Bulletin on the Ship Network.
>>
>>43632629

I think we shouldn't. We're still a Systems Alliance Vessel, part of the military. Working dress is a thing after all and we're not exactly running the ship in dress blues.
>>
>>43632680
I think casual dress means not running in more formal uniform. We're wearing the Officer's Uniform at the moment.
>>
>>43632680
Ehh, technically we're a Spectre with a ship seconded from the Alliance Navy. We're not really part of the Alliance Military anymore on a technicality.
>>
>>43632724
All that would take is an announcement that the Uniform of the Day is Uitilities, which would get us a funny look because that's the general assumption.
>>
>>43632752
Maybe we could do it casual outfits most of the time, and then a Formal Friday?
>>
>>43632782

Thats really odd.

I think we should just go about the ship in working dress. The crew will get the hint, since all ships take their cues from their captains.
>>
>>43632782
Well, the US Air Force does Blues Mondays, so it's not like there isnt' some degree of precedence.
>>
File: SSV Nakshatra.png (235 KB, 1038x390) Image search: [Google]
SSV Nakshatra.png
235 KB, 1038x390
“Just one last thing,” You answer and gesture towards the man’s face. “If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the story behind the scars?”

Guilford’s eyebrows rise in surprise, “Oh, these? Funny story. Back when I was on the Madrid, oh about twenty years ago, we regularly patrolled the Skyllian Verge. On the last day of our tour, we were suddenly blindsided by a small pirate fleet. Somehow they managed to board us and one of their parties made it up to the bridge. We handled ourselves well and got by with no real injuries. Then, when I go to activate my console the next day, the damn thing explodes and tears up half my face. It was probably damaged in the fighting. Still, it cost me my eye and my dashing good looks.” He laughs self-deprecatingly. “My husband doesn’t seem to care much though. My sons thought the eye was ‘cool.’”

“You’re certified in CQC then?” You inquire.

“Yes, I am,” the Navigator confirms. “Although ever since I lost my eye I’ve found that my aim has suffered.” He gestures towards his face. “The replacement just isn’t the same.”

You nod in understanding, “Thanks for sharing Mr. Guilford. That'll be all for now. Do let me know if there's anything you need."

“Of course Commander,” the older man smiles paternally. “And the same applies to you.”

Bidding the man farewell, you decide to…

>Go check in with [Squadmate]
>Go to the crew deck to get to know your subordinates
>[Write-in]
>>
>>43633111
>>Go down to the Armory to meet your new Marine Detail Commander

Hoo-Rah
>>
>>43633111
>>
>>43633111
>>Go down to the Armory to meet your new Marine Detail Commander

Huh a tough old Queen, I like that stereotype, haven't seen it in a while.
>>
>>43633111

Possible loyalty quest to pick up a better cybernetic eye?
>>
File: Airon.jpg (258 KB, 800x1199) Image search: [Google]
Airon.jpg
258 KB, 800x1199
Making your way to the elevator, you nod to the crewmembers you pass. Most of them look quite lively for so early in the morning. It’s only just turned 0800, ship time. They probably haven’t attuned to the Nakshatra’s time zone yet.

The elevator takes you to the Cargo bay where you’re treated to an… interesting sight. Airon Voris, your resident Drell Assassin, stands in the center of a ring drawn on some training mats, clad only in pants. He stands in the ready stance of a martial art you don’t recognize, his legs slightly apart both arms held in front of him, one high, one low and both palm up.

His dark green skin is drawn tight over the corded muscles of his torso and arms. Seriously well-sculpted muscles, you realize, feeling your face heat up a little. Thank God your skin is dark enough to hide a blush. It wouldn’t do to let your crew their Commanding Officer get all hot and bothered at the sight of a shirtless male. A very attractive male...

Tearing your eyes away from Airon, you take a look at the other person in the ring. Across from the Drell stands a Caucasian man, clad in a tanktop and fatigue pants. His hair is black and streaked liberally with grey and he stands in the standard AMA stance, left foot forward, knees bent, and both hands up to guard. His eyes, a pale blue, are focused on Airon’s empty black orbs.

>[CONT.]
>>
>>43633598

Around the ring, several crewmembers watch the two combatants square off. On the far side of the ring, near the workbenches, you can see Jaro and Cath watching the match intently, neither realizing that you’ve entered the Cargo Bay. In fact, it doesn’t appear that anyone has noticed your arrival.

>Action?

>Interrupt the Match
>Slip Quietly into the Watching Crowd
>Go Stand near Jaro and Cath
>[Write-In]
>>
>>43633614
>>Slip Quietly into the Watching Crowd
Holy shit, we hired Liam Neeson
>>
>>43633614

Artesia really got a treat with that physical, huh?
>>
>>43633614
>>Slip Quietly into the Watching Crowd
>>
>>43633709
It's them drell pheromones and physique anon.
>>
File: Oh My.jpg (26 KB, 330x350) Image search: [Google]
Oh My.jpg
26 KB, 330x350
>>43633598
>His dark green skin is drawn tight over the corded muscles of his torso and arms. Seriously well-sculpted muscles, you realize, feeling your face heat up a little. Thank God your skin is dark enough to hide a blush. It wouldn’t do to let your crew their Commanding Officer get all hot and bothered at the sight of a shirtless male. A very attractive male...

Pic related

>>43633614
>>
>>43633614
>>
>>43633614
>>Go Stand near Jaro and Cath
>>
Quietly, you approach the ring and stop behind the other spectators, finding a good spot to keep an eye on the entire fight.

There’s a subtle tension to the match in front of you but it feels… off. Normally, there’s a small thrum of energy as two combatants size each other up. But in this case, you’re just getting half of such a feeling and a void where the other would be. You can guess what’s causing it easily enough.

It’s only a few more moments before the match actually starts. The human is the one who attacks first, lightly stepping forward on the balls of his feet and launching a series of quick jabs. It’s a probing attack, and it appears Airon recognizes that fact, as he simply steps backward instead of blocking any of the strikes. The man steps forward again, this time launching heavier and stronger attacks, all of which miss as Airon moves out of range again. The human continues to advance and Airon continues to retreat, until the Drell is at the edge of the ring. And that’s when he strikes.

>[CONT.]
>>
>>43634223

The Assassin closes in on his opponent, stepping into the other man’s guard while knocking his arms away with two perfectly calculated strikes from a single hand. Bending his knees, Airon slams his shoulder into the man’s stomach, staggering him, while grabbing the man’s shirt and pulling him over his shoulders. The Drell then pushes himself up, pulling the human off of the ground, and twists to throw the man onto the mats outside the ring. Hitting with a thud, the man lies still for a moment, winded before groaning and clambering to his feet.

In the ring, Airon stands relaxed, but you can tell he’s just as dangerous as before. The human approaches the Drell and holds a hand. Airon grasps it lightly, shaking once, before turning away.

>Action?
>>
>>43634230
Go Talk to Marcus, introduce yourself to him and the marines.
>>
>>43634230
>Action?

Greet & introduce ourselves to Marcus and anyone we don't know.
>>
>>43634328
Supporting
>>
>>43634230
"Impressive." Then talk to Marcus.
>>
>>43634328
This
>>
“Impressive,” You say as you move through the crowd, drawing everyone’s attention.

“Commander,” the older man salutes when he sees you. “Captain Coates, reporting for duty.” Several other crewmembers salute upon realizing who you are.

You return the salute, “At ease Captain, I’m not a fan of standing on ceremony.”

Coates relaxes slightly as he lowers his hand, “Neither am I Ma’am.”

Around you, the crew returns to their duties. Several of the Marines are exercising or sparring on the mats and the Engineers head back to the Drive Core. You see Jaro head to one of the worktables where her Revenant lies. Cath, in the meantime, heads over to the defunct Omni-Forge and begins tinkering with the device.

“How are you settling in?” You ask the Marine Commander.

The Captain frowns, which, you realize, is actually his default expression before answering. He has a slight English accent, which is somewhat masked by his baritone voice. “Really nicely actually. Facilities are good, the men are competent and I’m bound to see some action so long as I stick around.”

“Glad to hear it,” You say with a smile.

The Marine looks behind you for a second before his eyes return to you, “I have a question.”

“Oh?”

“Why’d you hire the mercs and the Drell? You’ve got a Marine complement at your disposal.”

>Response?
>>
>>43634730
Marines are a hammer, you guys are for shows of force and supporting fire. The others are scalpel, they're for doing things with extreme precision.
>>
>>43634760
If you pick this write in I hope you improve it Valor, It's late and it sounds like shit. Sorry I can't do better.
>>
>>43634730
"Different roles, Captain. Marines can't always go where I need to be. But sometimes we need a fortress assaulted or ground held. And that's where marines shine."
>>
>>43634806
>I understand, feeling it myself

>Having a hard time writing, so I'm going to call it here
>If the thread stays up, I'll continue tomorrow, but I'm just beat.
>>
>>43634928
I'll keep it bumped as long as I can boss
>>
>>43634934
>Thanks. Once an hour should do.

>I'll answer questions and address concerns before I fall asleep.
>>
File: 1343182254834.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1211) Image search: [Google]
1343182254834.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1211
>>
>>43635898

Nice picture, Anon.
>>
>>43635898
Lovely
>>
File: 1350669891002.jpg (103 KB, 900x730) Image search: [Google]
1350669891002.jpg
103 KB, 900x730
>>
File: on a wing and a prayer.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
on a wing and a prayer.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
>>
Bumpereeno
>>
Valor here. Will try and run in 2-3Hours.
>>
>>43640413

Lost your trip.
>>
File: 1345422317359.jpg (103 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
1345422317359.jpg
103 KB, 1024x819
>>
>>43641512
Hopefully the Mako will still have it's awesomely fucked up physics.
Wonder how Airon will react to that.
>>
>>43641886
"Commander, I must inform you that I am about to throw up."
>>
>>43642636
Just realized that we have an organic version of Legion.
>>
>>43642699
Except Legion actually had what amounted to emotions.
>>
>>43642724
Did he? Emotions are caused by chemical reactions in the brain, two things that Legion lacked.
>>
>>43643056
For a geth at any rate, what ever the AI version is.
>>
File: SadShepard-300x285.jpg (20 KB, 300x285) Image search: [Google]
SadShepard-300x285.jpg
20 KB, 300x285
>I'm back. Internet was being a bitch but I've got it handled now.

>>43635898
>Mfw
>>
>>43643319
Awesome.

>>43634760
>>43634856

As I recall, the Army is the Hammer and Marines are the scalpel. Maybe we should say something different? Like how the people we've got are extremely competent and we're looking for specialists to take on risky missions. Someone tidy it up and make it sound nice.
>>
>>43643494
Yeah, we weren't at the top of our game last night with the write ins, I hope Valor made it sound competent
>>
>>43634730
>"Where an entire marine complement is nothing to scoff at, sometimes you need a small team of specialists. But then again, a small team of specialists can't hold ground or assault a fortress. And that's where you guys shine."
>>
>>43643537
Add in that we're used to working in very small teams.
>>
>>43631125
>Airon Voris
>Likes Bacon

EXTREMELY Important Info, eh?
>>
>>43634730

As Spectre, I expect to find myself in position where unorthodox tactics and unorthodox personnel will come in handy.

I'm sure you and your men will see your share of action though, captain, you don't need to worry about that.
>>
“As a Spectre, I expect to find myself in position where unorthodox tactics and personnel will come in handy,” You answer, crossing your arms. “We all have different roles to play, Captain. Where an entire marine complement is nothing to scoff at, sometimes you need a small team of specialists. But then again, a small team of specialists, usually, can't hold ground or assault a fortress on their own. And that's where you and your men shine.”

The Captain scratches his chin, his expression unchanging. “Even then, most of my men are capable of serving on specialist squads.”

You smile, “When I say specialists, I mean truly exceptional people. You just sparred with Airon and he thrashed you pretty soundly. And he wasn’t even trying; I’ve seen him in actual combat and he’s far faster than that.”

Coates’s eyebrows rise, and you can feel his skepticism but he doesn’t pursue that avenue. “I’ll take your word for it ma’am.” Aside from his skepticism, you can also feel his wariness.“Two of them are mercs, they’re only loyal as long as they’re paid. And something about the Drell just seems… off.” And he’s quite forward about it as well.

“Are you sure you can trust them?”

>Response?
>>
>>43644094
The Mercs are solid, they're good people. The Drell is under my contract now, he won't betray us it's how their society works.
>>
>>43644094
"The mercs came with a very good recommendation, and the Drell is... Well, they call it 'soulless', but it boils down to him not caring about much of anything but his mission. And since I'm his patron now, his mission is doing what I order him to do. I honestly don't think he could bring himself to betray his patron."
>>
So when do we spar with Airon ourselves?
>>
>>43644094
I have good feeling about the mercs, and Airon is well conditioned professional - he worked directly for a council member.
Your concern is noted and your thoughts welcome.
>>
>>43644335
Spar or "Spar"?
>>
>>43644377
anon no, down boy
>>
>>43644396
Wrong thread buddy.
>>
>>43644396

Wrong thread?
>>
>>43644377
No licking the Drell. It's unsanitary and the CO getting high on alien juice is a bit unbecoming for an elite operation.
>>
>>43644428
Yup. Realized that too late. Apologies for the inconvenience.
>>
>>43644441
It's all good bud
>>
>>43644439
Plenty of Femsheps have done it.
>>
>>43644377
"sparring" would probably involve healing him somehow. I'm not sure if Sonali's mystic powers are up to that.
>>
>>43644661
She hasn't achieved true guru status yet.
>>
>>43644661
So far she's just mildly empathic and has a danger sense.
>>
"The mercs came with a very good recommendation,” You answer. “They’re solid and good people too. As for the Drell…” You trail off, wondering if you should explain this to the Captain at all.

Sensing his apprehension, you decide to tell him. “The Drell call Airon ‘soulless’ but for them it boils down to him not caring about much of anything but his mission. And since I’m his Patron now, his mission is doing what I order him to do. I honestly don't think he could bring himself to betray his patron."

Coates doesn’t appear mollified, and sighs. “I’ll trust you on this ma’am. But I hope you don’t mind if I keep an eye on them.”

“Feel free,” You reply, putting your hands in your pocket. “But don’t interfere with their duties.”

“Duly noted,” He nods. “Will that be everything ma’am?”

>Yes
>No, [What?]
>>
>>43644925
>>Yes
We might be needing the marines soon so stay sharp, brief him on the next mission we're doing.
>>
>>43644925
>Yes

BUT

If he or any of the marines need anything, then all he has to do is just ask.
>>
>>43644925
No, I'd like to hear a little about the marine detachement I've got, meet the guys and girls I'm going to be seeing almost every day

Were they serving anywhere previously?
>>
>>43644925
>>No, [What?]
"Would you mind introducing me to your team?"
>>
>I just realized that I left out a couple things in the Nakshatra's Pastebin
>I think I've got it all now, but could you guys take a look to see if I missed anything?
>http://pastebin.com/Vq1GLWEt
>>
>>43645219
Yeah, where's the hot tub located?
>>
>>43645414
>Right outside the Airlock
>>
>>43645645
Was there a hot tub in the captured cerberus cruiser?
It would be worth wading through tons of bugs and boobytraps along with P.L.O.T. devices for a good hot tub.
>>
>>43644925
>No
"I'd like to get to know your team, if they're free. We'll be working together rather often, after all."
>>
Do you guys want to talk to Cath about her discharge after this? I'm kinda concerned about that.
>>
>>43646222

Maybe.

How about we mention that we'd like to know, but she can tell us when she's willing?
>>
Valor posting from my phone. Internet is down again and I'm trying to fix it.
>>
>Sorry about the delay guys, I ended up losing a lot of what I wrote when my internet fucked up. Last time I use Google Docs.
>>
>>43647390

It's alright, Valor.

Take your time.
>>
>>43647390
We shall wait for you. Internet problems happen to everyone.
>>
“No, actually,” You reply. “I'd like to hear a little about the Marine detachment.”

“Well, half of them are here,” Coates says as he gestures to the soldiers exercising on some of the equipment or sparring on the training mats. “Privates Bishop and Fontaine are currently stationed in the CIC. Corporal Jethro is in the Med-Bay getting his medical records updated and Sergeant Bowen, our Medic, is coordinating with the good doctor on supplies.”

“Any chance I can meet them?” You ask. “We'll be working together rather often, after all.”

“Sure, I was about to talk to them myself. It’s a new command so I’m just as unfamiliar with them as you are, though I have read their files” the Captain responds as he begins walking towards the Marines and you follow after him. “Only one I know personally is my second-in-command, Lieutenant Gunther and that’s because I served with her parents.”

“Give me a quick rundown then, were they serving anywhere previously?”

“Bowen is the newest, this will be her first tour,” He answers. “Everyone else has been around the bend at least once serving out on the Frontier Worlds or on patrol ships at some point.” You nod as you take in the info, filing it away for the future.

>[CONT.]
>>
>>43647938

The Marines halt their activities as the two of you approach, throwing salutes as they do. One of them, a pretty young woman with brown hair and freckles steps forward.

“Sir, ma’am,” She indicates to both of you. “Lieutenant Gunther, reporting for duty.”

“At ease Gunther,” the Captain says. “The Commander was just doing her rounds and wanted to meet the contingent.”

For the next few minutes, you exchange introductions with the present Marines, learning their names and a bit of their backgrounds:
Lieutenant Rose Gunther, Commando, is from Elysium and pulled primarily MP duty up until she ended up fighting in the Skyllian Blitz. She was part of the wave of enlisted who earned a chance to go to Officer School for their part in repelling the attack and did well enough to be made a Lieutenant. She’s a straightforward woman and the reading you get from her is that she’s proud to be here.

>[CONT.]
>>
>>43647949

Warrant Officer Lakshmi Patel, Demolisher, is from Earth, and has pretty much the same story as Gunther, aside from the fact she was invited to the N-Program. Unfortunately, she didn’t make the cut and instead settled for Officer School. Patel is rather reserved but the read you get off her is that she’s simply tired, not unfriendly.

>[CONT.]
>>
>>43647979

Specialist Richard Hunter, Shock Trooper, hails from Bekenstein and served mainly on the Frontier Worlds, fighting pirates and slavers for close to two decades. Apparently, he’s been bouncing around various postings all that time, oftentimes turning down promotions and leave just so he can stay in the fight. He’s a gruff, standoffish type, who happens to be a massive battle junkie.

>[CONT.]
>>
>>43647998

Specialist Sabah Hart, Commando, was born on Arcturus Station and spent nearly her entire life there. The child of two Diplomats who greatly disapproved of her career choice, she proved to be a skilled marksman and spent a tour out on the Frontier before being assigned to your ship. She’s a bubbly sort, overflowing with excitement and nervous tension.

They all know who you are, of course, and you get varying impressions from them. Gunther has a healthy amount of respect for you and is eager to get to work. Patel is rather neutral, but you do detect some measure of amusement and a little bit of jealousy. Hunter apparently likes you, not for your character but for your deeds, finding your combat record most impressive. Hart has no small amount of admiration for you, bordering on hero worship.

With introductions done, you ask how they’re settling in, to which they all respond that they’re doing just fine. They all have enough experience to quickly adapt to their new surroundings, so you don’t get too many complaints. Gunther does request a larger selection of exercise equipment as the current set is a little small. Hunter just asks when they’ll get back into action, which draws a few laughs.

>Questions?
>>
>>43648016
Tell them that we're getting into the action soon, and they'll be briefed if they haven't been already.
Then we can leave and plan the raid I guess.
>>
>>43648016
Two, actually.
>"That guy sparring with the drell; any of you guys know him?"
>"Be honest; how many credits did your bets lose/make you on that fight?"
>>
>>43648016
None really, just let them know to come to us with any concerns they have. And take some of their questions.

>>43648147
That was the Captain mate.
>>
>>43648147
>>"That guy sparring with the drell; any of you guys know him?"

That was coates

>>43648016

"With the size of this ship and our mission, we're probably gonna find that regular standard issue might just not be enough. If you have any equipment or weapon requests, let me know. I want to make sure my marines have the right tools for their work."
>>
>>43648016
"We'll be getting some action soon enough. See to your kit, let me know if there are any deficiencies."
>>
Hey, we should do some research on Airon's soulless thing.
>>
Still smiling, you say, “We'll be getting some action soon enough. You’ll all be briefed on our mission within the day, provided that we actually leave port. In the meantime, see to your gear. With the size of this ship and our mission, we're probably going to find that standard issue might just not be enough. If you have any requests or find any deficiencies, let me know.”

You get affirmatives from all of them, and a sense of approval from Coates.

“With that said, do you have any questions for me?”

“I actually do, Commander,” Patel speaks up. She has a slight accent, one that’s oddly familiar to you, but you can’t place it. “Were you the one who named the ship?”

“Yes, I was,” You answer.

The woman chuckles, “I had a feeling that was the case.”

You feel slightly embarrassed, but now you know why she was amused.

“Anyone else?” You ask.

They respond in the negative and you take your leave.

>Action?

>Go Talk to [Who?]
>Wander around the Ship
>Skip to Departure
>[Write-in]
>>
>>43648999
>>Skip to Departure

If we can lets bully Leo some more
>>
>>43648999
>Go Talk to Cath

Gotta ask her about her discharge.
>>
>>43649012
Agreed. Bullying Leo should always be an option.
>>
>>43649045
Supporting this. Let's bully Leo in a bit.
>>
>>43648999
Talk to Cath first.
>>
>>43648999
Seconding
>>43649045
>>
>>43648999
People are going to be giving us shit for the ship's name constantly, aren't they?
>>
>>43649352
Sure, but who cares?
>>
File: Cath_by_luckyfk-d6oocuc.jpg (70 KB, 452x372) Image search: [Google]
Cath_by_luckyfk-d6oocuc.jpg
70 KB, 452x372
You find Cath behind the Omni-Forge, halfway inside one of the opened panels with only her legs sticking out.

“Hey Cath?” You call out.

“Yeah?” Her voice is muffled but you can still hear her.

“Do you have a minute to talk?” You ask her, walking around to her side just as the rest of her crawls into the machine.

“Just a second…” There are a few thumps, and a panel on the top of the forge opens up. Cath’s head and shoulders pop out of the hole, looking in the opposite direction from where you are.

“Hey, where’d you go?”

“Behind you,” You say, slightly amused.

She turns her head, catching sight of you out of the corner of her eye. “Ah, there you are.” She then ducks back into the machine and pops back out, facing you this time, a few seconds later. “What’s up Commander?”

Her hair is pulled back into a ponytail and she has a little grease staining one of her cheeks, but her eyes are bright and she seems quite happy.

>Questions?
>>
>>43649425
"How comes the progress? Need anything before we ship out?"
>>
>>43649425
Are you part whack-a-mole? Because that was kinda funny. But seriously everything going okay with repairs?
>>
>>43649425
Chuckle a little then >>43649462

Then put on a serious face and mention that we did a little research and ask her about the discharge.
>>
>>43649012
>>43649067
By "Bully" we mean shamelessly flirt with, right?
>>
>>43650163
Obviously. Just with an additional specification that the shameless flirting should be done from a dominant rather than a coy position.
>>
>>43650163
>>43650211
I'm not pushing romance, I just like messing with him.
>>
>>43650232
I'm pushing both of those things.
>>
>>43650232
This really I do find it funny but if it leads anywhere that's up to qm.
>>
>>43650232

I'm mainly for being friends/teammates, but also liking to mess with his head whenever we can.
>>
>>43650232
I push for what feels right and, at the moment, it doesn't feel like Sonali is ready for a romantic relationship.

Flirting with Leo is fun though.
>>
You chuckle a little at the Polymath’s antics before speaking “How comes the progress? Need anything before we ship out?”

Cath rubs some sweat off of her forehead with the back of her wrist, leaving a streak of lubricant behind. “Surprisingly well, actually. I’ve recycled a number of the burned out wires and components and cleaned out most of the congealed gel. There are a few more parts I need to remove before I can begin synthesizing new ones and replacing them.” A lock of her hair comes loose and falls in front of her face, prompting her to blow it out of the way. “I don’t think I really need anything else right now. Replacing the Eezo Core is the most important part but I’ll only be able to do that after everything else is in place. Also, don’t buy Eezo on the Citadel, the prices are massively inflated.”

“Noted. That it?”

“I think so. Nothing complicated right now, just a ton of busywork.”

You nod understandingly, before switching to a different track, one that’s concerning. “So, I was doing a little research yesterday and found some info about you that I wanted to ask about.”

>[CONT.]
>>
>>43650384

The Mercenary heaves a sigh, “Is this about my Section 8? Because I can explain that.”

You raise an eyebrow, “Oh?”

Pulling both her arms through the whole, Cath rests them on the edge of the Omni-Forge and leans forward on them, “Remember how I was in BAaT? Turns out, spending your formative years in an abusive environment isn’t really good for your mental health.” You can attest to that. “I only joined the Marines because the Alliance was the only place that didn’t treat me like a monster for being Biotic. Initially, I was doing just fine but the stress got to me eventually and I just… cracked.”

She shifts a little, her eyes drifting up to the ceiling, and a scraping sound from within the machine tells you that she just pushed something around. “I’ll admit, the Alliance has good shrinks. I was out and about in a few months. Spent the next couple years just soul searching, but by the time I was done, I was in a much better head space.”

Her eyes return to yours, “You don’t have to worry about me breaking down. I know myself quite well.”

>Response?
>>
>>43650318
who says it has to start out romantic?
>>
>>43650318
>Flirting with Leo is fun though.

Oh yeah, flirting is fine, but I really don't think he's a good LI.
>>
>>43650395
"Well its good to know you're healthy and you've got your head in the game, though if you ever want to talk about it or anything else, I'll lend an ear, lets just say I understand your former predicament."
>>
>>43650395
Thank her for being honest and ask her how she's settling in.

>>43650423
It seems that Leo and Sona are already good friends and both have extensive social training so they'd pick up on any Romantic hints they send each other.
>>
>>43650441
>>43650453
why is it that you are all incapable of perceiving a relationship to mean something other than husbando and waifu for evar and evar? there are multitudes more forms of intimate and casual relationships out there
>>
>>43650480
I know. I'm just pointing out that we haven't received any Romantic gestures from Leo and haven't sent any besides some casual flirting.
>>
>>43650480

Because on /tg/, it usually ends up being waifu/husbando shit.
>>
>>43650511
This, I want to at least go back to Sona's apartment on leave before we do anything like that.
>>
>>43650395
>>43650384
"Believe me, I can relate. These implants are really cool toys, but the baggage is a real pain in the neck, right? Don't worry about it."
>>
>>43650504
I imagine we probably won't get past flirting unless we initiate though. Leo probably assumes anything past that is off the table by the "no fraternizing with your CO" rule.
>>
“Thanks for being honest,” You begin, putting your hands in your pockets. “It’s good to know that you’re mentally sound. If you ever want to talk about it, or anything else, I’ll lend an ear. Believe me, I can relate.”

Cath smiles, “I appreciate the gesture.”

“So, how are you settling in?” You ask as you take a quick look around, noting that the Marines are still present. Jaro remains at her workbench, bent over the table and inspecting her gun quite carefully. Oddly though, you don’t see Airon. In fact, he disappeared quite a while ago, without you even noticing.

“Oh, just fine,” She answers with a shrug. “I only managed to bring some of my tools, but they’ll be more than enough once we get this baby up and running.” She pats the Omni-Forge’s casing. “Anyways, I want to get back to work. That everything Commander?”

>Response?
>>
Well Sona needs a good fuck considering she was blushing at Airon shirtless.
>>
>>43650699

>Forgot this Part
_

>Action?

>Go Talk to [Who?]
>Wander around the Ship
>Skip to Departure
>[Write-In]
>>
>>43650700
I think she can wait until she's anime nosebleeding.
>>
>>43650699
That's all, have a good one.

Time to bully Leo

>>43650700
Sleepy Pls
>>
>>43650699
>>43650710
>"I should go."
>Bully Leo
>>
>>43650699
"Nah, I think that's everything. See you around Cath."

>>43650700
I think Airon is just that hot because it looked like everyone was staring at him.

>>43650710
>Skip to Departure

I don't think there's much more we have to do. Can we meet with the rest of the Marines during the Skip?
>>
>>43650710
>Bully Leo
>>
>>43650710
As long as we bully leo we can skip
>>
>>43650715
>>43650721
>>43650745
>How do you want to Bully the Leo?
>>
>>43650792
Take his drink and food? Put slime in his shoes?
>>
>>43650792
Hmmm, find out what he's working on and mess with it. Revenge for our bacon sculpture.
>>
>>43650792
Mock him while grinding our bare foot into his crotch! No, wait, that's second date material at the earliest.

Let's constantly tease him with implications and get him to blush and stammer first!
>>
>>43650819
Lewd anon, next you're going to want to make us
hold his hand
>>
>>43650792
Stealing his food and drink seems to be the easiest way to do it.

Oh! I know! Use our Biotics to move things when he's not looking. Or to tap him on the shoulder or grab his ass. Mostly the last one.

>>43650819
What kind of implications Anon?
>>
>>43650792
play bacon table football, make the goalposts out of bacon, and the ball out of bacon, then flick the ball into his face and eat his goalposts
>>
These seem like things we should be doing in our downtime. It wouldn't do for us to look unprofessional.
>>
>>43650892
I'm sure we can bully the leo subtly, ye lack faith in valor.
>>
“I think that’s everything,” You reply, walking back around the Omni-Forge. “See you around Cath.”

“See ya Commander.”
__

You’re reentering the CIC when you catch sight of Leo. He’s lying face-down on the platform that overlooks the Galaxy Map, his hips and torso hanging over the edge and fiddling about with something out of sight. Nearby, Navigator Guilford watches with furrowed brows, concerned about whatever your XO is doing.

“Perhaps you should leave this to the Maintenance crew Lieutenant,” He says after a moment. “I doubt that holo-projectors are your area of expertise.”

“Don’t worry Mr. Guilford,” Leo calls back. “I’m only taking some scans to save them some time.”

He shifts slightly, before drawing his knees up under his stomach and shifting forward a bit more, making his position quite precarious. That helpful idiot. You’re about to walk over and surprise him when a much better idea occurs to you. Leo’s very well-toned ass wiggles enticingly as he fiddles around in the console. It’s an excellent opportunity for Biotic Mischief.

>Roll 1d20+3 (Willpower + Biotics)
>Best of First Three
> Smack or Grab?
>>
Rolled 17 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>43651174
Smack, easier to deny
>>
Rolled 14 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>43651174
a light smack, we don't want to make him fall off the edge
>>
>>43651210
I think you are misunderstanding something
>>
Rolled 6 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>43651174
just a smack
>>
>>43651174

Both.
>>
Carefully, you gather up the focus you need and call your power to the fore. It’s difficult without a Somatic Component and you end up waving your hand at your side in order to release the energy. Thankfully, you were able to minimize the telltale blue nimbus that would normally surround your body to just a few flickers around your hand. The telekinetic smack lands solidly on Leo’s left buttock and, due to the ephemeral nature of the contact, only produces an easily overlooked hollow hum rather than a louder sound. Only Leo will know what truly happened. Just as planned.

With a brief cry, Leo loses his precarious position and falls over the edge of the platform, belly-flopping onto the base of the console with a small thud. It’s a short fall and the only thing that would even be slightly hurt is his ego.

Guilford sighs as Leo clambers to his feet and out of the terminal, “I did suggest waiting for maintenance.”

Leo rubs the back of his head and gives the navigator a sheepish grin. “I guess I should have.”

It’s at that moment you make your presence known.

“You should be more careful, Leo,” You say with a smile that only Leo can read the meaning behind.

“I always am, Sona.” He replies calmly.

He turns and his eyes meet yours and narrow slightly, a signal that he’ll be getting you back for that soon.

And, if you aren’t mistaken, he has something quite spectacular in store.

>[End Thread]
>>
>I've pretty much lost all my steam
>Not gonna lie, this thread seemed particularly subpar
>Hopefully things will pick up again next time
>Gonna stick around and answer questions for a little bit before I go to sleep.
>>
>>43651513
Thanks for the run. Appreciate it.
>>
>>43651513
thanks for the thread Valor, see you next weekend
>>
>>43651513
See ya later Valor, thanks for running.

In all honesty this wasn't a bad thread
>>
>>43651513

See ya, Valor!

And don't worry about it. I've seen WAAAAAAAAAY worse threads than this one.
>>
File: 1346015068464.jpg (248 KB, 1200x960) Image search: [Google]
1346015068464.jpg
248 KB, 1200x960
>>43651500
Thanks for the thread OP!
Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.