[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MtG legacy/casual/whatever. Post yer decks, give advice, get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Botaniphant.jpg (141 KB, 620x512) Image search: [Google]
Botaniphant.jpg
141 KB, 620x512
MtG legacy/casual/whatever.

Post yer decks, give advice, get advice, seduce the spikes and uncap the bottle gnomes.
>>
File: Somebody Explain.jpg (129 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Somebody Explain.jpg
129 KB, 600x800
My first attempt at a deck. Not competitive, just to play against friends on my spare time.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/my-first-attempt-1/
>>
I have lately learn to like only cube.

Casual decks get optimized pretty fucking fast and it ends up being "ok this deck beats that and that beats those". Playing legacy outside tournament type setting is demented. Watching dredge to do a thing or storm to roll in turn 1 burn is retarded. Modern as a format is horrible.

If cards were easier to find, would play pauper.
>>
>>47105116
Muh legacy deck

Big dumbs:
1x ashen rider
1x elesh norn
1x grave titan
1x iona
1x tidespout tyrant
3x griselbrand

Everything else:
4x brainstorm
4x careful study
4x force of will
3x daze
1x misdirection
1x ponder
4x entomb
4x exhume
4x reanimate
2x thoughtseize
2x animate dead
1x engineered explosives

Mana:
4x flooded strand
4x polluted delta
1x island
2x swamp
4x watery grave (guys at the shop let me pretend they're underground seas)
3x lotus petal

Sideboard (incomplete):
1x aetherling
1x ashen rider
1x sphinx of the steel wind
1x inkwell leviathan
1x disfigure
3x massacre
4x show and tell

2 pithing needles in the mail then I need another engineered explosives.

The games are amazing but holy dogshit my wallet cries itself to sleep every night.
>>
Can make a good burn deck in Legacy with an all basic land base?
>>
File: WP_20160315_002.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160315_002.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>47109192
I'd want to split those Flooded Strands into double Strand and double Bloodstained Mire (or another black fetch).

Also, I would consider cutting the lone Ponder for a Hapless Researcher, your deck is more aimed at the fast kill. HR aids in that goal, while Ponder is better for slower set-ups. Also, it can block early, can be exhumed when your big monster gets extracted, can be reanimated when you have more reanimate-spells than ways to get stuff in your yard, etc...

Furthermore, regarding your SB: Aetherling and Inkwell L. come in against the same matchups, I'd choose one or the other for more versatility. I've been testing Archetype of Endurance in lieu of either of them, and I've been pleasantly surprised so far.

You got a lot of DnT at your store perhaps? Three Massacres is a bit excessive imo, especially combined with Disfigure and double EE.

Personally, I like playing versatile stuff like Echoing Truth if you don't feel like splashing for Abrupt Decay.

Just my two cents.
>>
>>47111705
Sure, although you lose acces to some great cards this way. Searing Blaze becomes a lot worse without fetches, and Grim Lavamancer loses a bunch of easy fuel this way.

Bloodstained Mire and Wooded Foothills are pretty cheap right now, so might be worth picking them up.
>>
>>47112182
Stuff about the fetches is noted.

The lone ponder is a place holder for JVP but could just as easily be a researcher. I'll give it a try.

Regarding the three massacres: my store has 1 dnt, three flavors of maverick, a junkblade, a 4c deathblade, and regular junk. Out of ~18 regular legacy players
>>
>>47113105
I think the happy man feels more like a budget Jace than Ponder. Always feels spicy in low numbers.

Fair enough, sideboards are always a meta call.
>>
>>47111705
Burn is already pretty marginal. I don't think you can really afford to give up any edges. Although it probably won't make your bad matchups that much worse, since they tend to be ones where Blaze and Lavaman aren't particularly useful.
>>
>>47105116

4 Sneak Attack
4 Show and Tell
4 Beefcake
4 Tentacles
2 Omniscience

4 Force of Will
3 Spell Pierce
2 Flusterstorm
2 Misdirection

4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder

4 Lotus Petal
4 Scalding Tarn
3 Flooded Strand (could be any blue fetch, I own Strands)
3 Volc
3 Island
1 Mountain
3 Ancient Tomb
2 City of Traitors

SB:
2 Young Pyromancer (need to pick up Breach)
1 Boseiju
2 Kozilek's Return
2 Grafdigger's Cage
2 Pyroblast
3 Blood Moon
1 Pithing Needle
2 Wipe Away

I'm considering a one-of Intuition in the main, although that might push me to play three copies of Omni, and shave an Emrakul and one of Misdirection, Spell Pierce, or Ponder. Also considering an Echoing Truth instead of the second Wipe Away in the board.
>>
>>47114480
How do you feel about the one of basic mountain?
>>
>>47114629
Drawing it naturally sucks sometimes. Not having it when you need access to a red source that they can't Wasteland is way, way worse.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.