[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
create your own MTG set
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: lotos.jpg (10 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
lotos.jpg
10 KB, 188x268
create your own MTG set
>>
Okay.

It's a library-matters themed set.
There isn't quite enough design space in that theme to carry a whole set, so there will be tribal elements as well.

>Creature-type cycling
Ticks off the tutoring and tribal check boxes.

>Red Mill
Red now gets creatures that mill the defending player when they attack (regardless of whether they deal damage, so a little bit like Ingest but not quite). Red's milling attackers have combat tricks that trigger whenever you mill a creature.
"Whenever you mill a creature, this creature gains first strike, +1/+1, menace, etc."
Blue and black get such creatures as well.

>Library Gating
Some creatures require you to put a creature of the same type from the battlefield on top of your library when they enter the battlefield. They get above-the-curve P/T to offset this drawback.

>Scry
Scry is ever-green, so of course it will be featured in this set.
>>
>new set
>all cards are Jace
>no basic land, only jace
>>
>custom card thread
>not titled "Fuck off Fuck Off Guy Edition"
>not even properly titled at all

Maybe next thread. Also where's the usual pastebin?
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (123 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
123 KB, 223x311
Okay here's an idea. It's a set of only the shittiest cards from past sets except we've improved them a bit. For example we take pic related and reduce it to 6 mana and make it an instant. Isn't it amazing that the card would still be garbage even with those 2 improvements?
>>
File: 1461785972385.jpg (117 KB, 1058x705) Image search: [Google]
1461785972385.jpg
117 KB, 1058x705
>>47014573

I take the ten worst cards of every color from Fallen Empires, Homelands, and Ice Age and print the whole "set" as foils, with only the "foil slot" having the possibility of being a non-foil.
>>
>>47016685
The card was already pretty strong in limited, those changes would make it first pickable.
>>
>>47016832
>rare
>first pickable
CAN'T HAVE THAT, NOW CAN WE
>>
>>47017396
This guy gets it
>>
>>47017396
But it was fucking first pickable in BFZ limited, shit was a straight up three for one in the boardstall central that was that set. Red was one of the stronger limited colours as well, so making one of their good limited rares stronger is stupid. And your changes don't make it playable in constructed, so there's no point to them unless you want to transplant this card to a higher power set, when you could just use a different card. Ignoring the context cards exist in is dumb.
>>
>>47016832
>that card being strong in limited
>ever
Oh yeah, totally.
In a set where 7 cmc creatures have 5+ toughness.
>>
>>47016757
>Fallen Empires

Hey, Fallen Empires had some legitimately good cards in it, too. At least one in each color:

- Hymn to Tourach
- High Tide
- Icatian Javelineers
- Night Soil
- Goblin Grenade and Goblin War Drums

That's more cards then Homelands can claim.
>>
>>47019157
But we are taking the worst cards
>>
>>47015957
Seems v cool. Flavor-wise they've said that a fairy tale based set could happen, in which I could see those types of mechanics fitting really well.
>>47014573
I'd want some kind of set featuring either pirates, each colour gets pretty distinct creatures and flavor that work within that.
>>
>>47014573
A set that is built around options, modality, and bolstering your power through both
>Land options: When you pay for a permanent, you can opt to instead play the permanent as a land. It's a land in addition to it's other types, and has some sort of additional effect when you play it as a land (i.e. if it's a mana rock that would normally tap to add 2 colorless to your mana pool, it adds 4 colorless instead).
>Color-based effects: Cards that have hybrid mana costs gain certain effects based on which colors you pay for the effect (i.e. if an instant costs U/RU/R, you can pay either blue to counter a spell unless it's controller pays 1 or R to deal 1 damage to a creature or player).
>Arcanic/Natural Mana: Much like snow mana, in that they still pay for their respective costs. However, it's more of a "if you cast a ___ spell using this type of mana, it does x" sort of thing (i.e. if a creature is cast using natural mana, it gains +1/+1. if a spell is cast using arcanic mana, if it would cause any sort of life loss to occur, it would increase that by one (or more if specified)).
>A return of Arcane spells and Splice, but with focus on broader types of cards than just instants or sorceries.

I hope Rosewater is reading this so he can steal my idea and take all the credit for it.
>>
Hmmm...

Instead of splice, what about this!

Arcane Reaction (If there is another arcane spell on the stack, put this spell into it's owner's hand instead of that player's graveyard as it resolves.)
>>
>>47015988
>not printing basic land at mythic
do you even jew?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.