[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mortal Kombat Thief Quest #20: Final Episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 107
File: 0 MKK4.png (345 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
0 MKK4.png
345 KB, 960x720
Hello and welcome to the final episode of Mortal Kombat Thief Quest, a continuation of Mortal Kombat Konquest.

When we last left our hero, he helped defend the city of Z’unkahrah against the ever-growing hordes of enemies that are rallying to Onaga, the Dragon King. He scouted Onaga’s camp and caused a distraction, enabling him to steal the Kamidogu of Chaosrealm. Upon returning to the city, he learned of a threat facing the shokan, and quickly traveled to the city of Kuatan to help fight against the newly-reborn Goro. During this fight, Cao nearly turned into Shao Kahn once more, realizing that he can no longer keep the Emperor at bay, meaning that it is only a matter of time before the Emperor awakens again…

Thread Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA
Outworld Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78sBDa5yWrs

Past Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mortal+Kombat+Konquest

Official Thread Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PLAW-jnJlb_JDSYtuC2xFzXdLJr1VgyRSRoWRZSXN8Q/edit?usp=sharing

Protagonist: http://pastebin.com/e4tKFPzr

Rules of Kombat: http://pastebin.com/xtgE60XZ

Damashi's Twitter: https://twitter.com/DamashiKonquest

Official Novelization: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6325183/chapters/14492272

Our story concludes now!
>>
File: 0.1 Cao.jpg (127 KB, 478x834) Image search: [Google]
0.1 Cao.jpg
127 KB, 478x834
>>47019510

Cao awakens with a bit of a start, thinking he hears voices. He sits up, gasping, before he realizes he was only dreaming. Or was he? He heard voices… but they were only in his head. The souls he captured, perhaps? Shao Kahn whispering into his mind? He isn’t completely certain. He feels a weight on his lower body and looks down, seeing that Skarlet had, during the night, reformed and slept with her head resting on his stomach. She, too, awakens with a start, staring back at him with wide blue eyes.

“What is it?” she asks.

“Nothing, I… Bad dream.”

He kicks his legs off of the fainting couch and rubs his eyes. He looks over to the bed and sees Ashrah, starting to move as well. She sits up in the bed. “Is it morning?” she asks with a small yawn.

He looks out the ornate window to see the first rays of the sun peeking over the horizon. “Yeah, it is.” He stands up and stretches for a moment as he considers where he is; his mind sharpens back to full consciousness and he knows he is still in Kuatan. He hopes that nothing serious has happened since he fell asleep. Skarlet sits up and watches him move over to a mirror and run a hand through his hair.

‘Still me,’ he thinks to himself. ‘Taller, stronger, but still me.’

But for how long?

>A) Stay here and talk
>B) Go find someone to update you on the current situation
>C) Gather your things and head to Z’unkahrah immediately
>D) Search for Jagara and speak with her
>E) Other
>>
>>47019513
>A) Stay here and talk
>>
>>47019513
>A
Then B
Possibly mixed with D?
>>
>>47019532
>>47019587

Cao sees in the mirror Ashrah starting to rise from the bed and redress in her white robes. He keeps his eyes from staring as she does, though he isn't quite noble enough to not steal a peak or two. After she places her hat upon her head and takes up her Kriss, sliding it onto her belt, she approaches Cao from behind.

"What is next, then?" she asks.

"I don't know," he replies. He looks back at her and Skarlet. "I had a strange dream last night. I can't quite remember it but I heard voices right before I woke up."

The demon curiously tilts her head. "What do you think it means?"

"I'm not sure. I couldn't hear them clearly. But I think I heard my sister's name... 'Sanra, Sanra...' and I don't know why."

"Do you feel any different?" Skarlet asks.

"No, I'm in control, but I still feel like it could be any moment when that'll change."

"That's why I am here," Ashrah says.

"And me," Skarlet insists, drawing a strange look from the demon.

Before she can question the blood construct, Cao turns around. "It's okay, Ashrah, she means well. She's going to help me fight Shao Kahn."

She's surprised. "What? I thought you wanted him to return."

Skarlet looks away. "I changed my mind. I didn't know I could, but I can and I have." She looks at Cao and adds, "And I know I did not bring it up when we spoke last night, but I may know a way to rid you of him."

'Like Ashrah,' he thinks to himself, remembering her telling him about the ritual she could perform that would sacrifice her blade, Datusha, in order to bind Shao Kahn within him.

>A) Let her speak
>B) Ask her what it would cost
>C) Ignore it for now and see what's going on outside
>D) Ask Ashrah again about her ritual
>E) Other
>>
>>47019630
>A
then
>B
then intermediately run for C
>>
>>47019693

"Blood Magik," Skarlet says, and this makes Ashrah unsettled.

"What would it cost?" Cao asks. "How would it work?"

"I am not certain," Skarlet replies. "I was made by Blood Magik and I know very little of it. But I know it can do powerful things."

"At great sacrifice," Ashrah points out.

"So would your ritual," Cao counters, pointing at the sword. The demon is silent, but nods.

"If you knew a practitioner of Blood Magik, they could perhaps remove or bind your soul with Shao Kahn's."

"Bind my soul with his? What would that mean?"

"I do not have the answers," Skarlet shakes her head. "I only know that Blood Magik can unlock many locked doors."

Cao is silent for a moment as he considers her words. He knows of two practitioners of blood magik... Kotal Kahn and Nitara. He certainly would trust the latter more than the former with the knowledge that he is Shao Kahn, as he cannot predict what Kotal Kahn would say or do if he was, but Nitara is gone. He knows of no way to travel to her realm or make contact with her.

"Blood magik is always dangerous," Ashrah cautions.

He looks back and says, "I'll think about it." Gathering up his things, he leaves the room and heads towards the door, stepping out into the hallway. From there, he walks to the mystic's chamber where he finds Jagara speaking with Breeti, the shokan shaman.

>A) Ask them what is currently happening
>B) Ask to be sent to Z'unkahrah
>C) Ask to speak to Jagara in private
>D) Ask for an update on the shokan army
>E) Other
>>
>>47019822
>A
>D

Gotta get that info before we decide the course of action. Especially if Onaga might still have a surprise to spring.
>>
>>47019822
A and D I guess.
Also

Dang it Damashi. I was planning on getting some sleep. But that's no longer an option. I can't miss out on this thread.
>>
File: Jagara.png (220 KB, 867x1338) Image search: [Google]
Jagara.png
220 KB, 867x1338
>>47019900
>>47019942

"What's going on?" he asks as he approaches them. "Did something happen with Kaito and King Duroc?"

"They broke through the lines of the oni warlords," Breeti says. "They have made it to the Kove while the oni have rejoined Onaga's primary force in the south."

"They are in contact with Kotal Kahn in the city," Jagara adds. "They are preparing an attack on Onaga's armies, but something is keeping them from moving."

"What is it?"

"Another force has joined with Onaga," Breeti says, "but I am not yet certain what it is." The mystic touches a hand to her forehead. "I am in faint contact with King Duroc, but there is much clouding our minds. They are holding the Kove but are facing many enemies."

"Are they in trouble?"

"Not as of this moment, no," she says. "They still have a pair of netherships at the port that can be used to escape with if need be, but a clear path from the Kove to Z'unkahrah has yet to be established."

>A) Ask to be sent to Z'unkahrah
>B) Ask to be sent to the Kove
>C) Speak with your companions; get their opinions
>D) Speak to Jagara
>E) Other
>>
>>47020014
>B
>C

Get their thoughts. But my own view is that we need to help secure the cove. The forces aren't in trouble, but they seem to be getting bogged down. We need to tip the scales so we can get that group to the city.
>>
>>47020073

"Perhaps I should go to the Kove and help them," he ponders. He turns back to Ashrah and Skarlet. "What do you think?"

"I think we should return to the city," Ashrah suggests. "If the situation in the Kove is more dire, Kotal Kahn could send us there with the Portal Stone."

Skarlet does not agree. "The Kove should be where we go. If the fighting is there, we should be there as well. We may create a valuable distraction for Onaga's forces."

Breeti speaks. "To clarify, my sending transports you to individuals, not places. You need only think of whom you wish to travel to and I can send you to them, if they are in Outworld."

Cao thinks about that for a moment. Kotal Kahn is likely still at the palace, coordinating the city's defense. Kaito is at the Kove. His thoughts stray to Cassie and Jacqui; he hopes they are alright and that nothing bad has happened to them. There are some others as well...

>A) Transport to Kotal
>B) Transport to Kaito
>C) Transport to Cassie or Jacqui
>D) Transport to (Write-in)
>E) Other
>>
>>47020185
oh man...... choices and pressure. Someone else pop in!

>B
I say we head for the Kove. Things become dire enough we can see about using those thief skills to break away. And as Ashrah points out, Kotal can send or recover people with the portal stone.

Mostly me thinking aloud and to give people a chance to join in.
>>
>>47020185
>B
Although it might do to send someone to Kotal
>>
>>47020318
hooray! Another voice. Now I don't need to worry about being the figurative weight of the world on my shoulders.
>>
>>47020341
Nah, I got your back anon.
Ideally, we should take Ashrah with us and send Skarlet to Kotal to act as an intermediary in case things go south, she'll know where we are to inform Kotal.
>>
File: The_Kove.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The_Kove.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>47020362

Let's decide that now.

>A) Send Ashrah to Kotal, keep Skarlet
>B) Keep Ashrah with you, send Skarlet to Kotal
>C) Send both of them into the city
>D) Keep both of them with you
>E) Other
>>
>>47020362
ooo, I hadn't considered that. See! This is why a second voice is good

>>47020380
>B
>>
>>47020380
>D) Keep both of them with you
>>
>>47020380
>B
Fuck the undead
Although keeping both is certainly an option. And I would like to prevent awful things from happening to both, but Skarlet is dangerously competent compared to 99% of the non-boss roster. So there is that.
And if we're fighting undead hordes then Ashrah's kris is super cheaty.
>>
File: 2 Kaito.png (475 KB, 558x800) Image search: [Google]
2 Kaito.png
475 KB, 558x800
>>47020398
>>47020455

"Alright, I've made my choice. Let's go to the Kove." He turns to Breeti. "Can you send me to Kaito?"

"I can and shall," she says, taking her golden staff and moving into position. Jagara moves off to one side of the chamber as Cao looks at Skarlet.

"Skarlet, I'd like you to go to Kotal Kahn."

"What? Why?"

"Just in case he might need you. Don't worry, I'll be fine."

"He doesn't have much trust in me," she points out.

"Well, that's something we'll need to work on. But Ashrah and I will go to the Kove."

After a moment, the blood construct nods and steps back. He and Ashrah stand alongside Breeti, who prepares the sending ritual. A great flash of light envelopes both of them, and in a mere moment they are standing along the coast, the smell of the sea thick in the air and the sounds of battle raging around them.

Onaga has sent a host of undead to capture the Kove. The mummified soldiers battle against the allied forces, moving in tight formations and attacking with spears. Kaito blasts a group of them with a fireball before turning around, drawn by the sound and light of the transpotation. He relaxes when he sees it is Cao and Ashrah.

"Glad you could join us!" he says, turning back to strike out at an undead who attacks him with a sword. Ashrah withdraws her Kriss and Cao takes out his dadao. "These bastards are stubborn. They're trying to push us back to the sea!"

"What's going on at Z'unkahrah?" Cao asks, standing alongside him as Kaito destroys another undead soldier.

"Winged demons are flying over the walls, but not in a full-on attack. They're dropping balls of fiery pitch and harassing the city." Kaito holds out his hand and an electric-charged staff appears in it that he uses to blast some of the undead with a series of lightning bolts.

>A) Stay near Kaito
>B) Work with Ashrah to slay the undead
>C) Find Takeda and his team
>D) Fall back to the port and survey the situation some more
>E) Other
>>
>>47020380
>>47020455
me here, guess I'll change to keeping both of them.
>>
>>47020623
>B
possibly
>D
>>47020624
As usual, my timing is the best.
>>
>>47020623
>B

Takeda and his team should be able to manage themselves. And while fighting alongside Kaito would be fun....I dunno if I'd trust slowly awakening Shao Khan close to him in Kombat.

>>47020655
We all know that feeling Anon.
>>
File: end1.jpg (45 KB, 326x307) Image search: [Google]
end1.jpg
45 KB, 326x307
>>47020655
>>47020684

Ashrah, Kriss in hand and glowing with holy white light, charges at the nearest formation of undead. They meet her with spears pointed at her, but with a single slice she lops off several spearheads and charges in to meet them personally. She skewers one with her sword and the corpse practically bursts into flames.

"PURGE THE UNCLEAN!" she shouts, withdrawing the blade to hack another's head off. Cao runs in behind her and buries his sword in its chest before kicking him off and hacking at another.

Ashrah raises her non-dominant hand and blasts an orb of white light at one of the undead, the energy consuming it and causing its skeleton to crumble and fall to the ground. Ashrah shouts in zealous and righteous fury as she battles the undead, slashing away with great and mighty swings of her curved blade.

Cao doubts he'll be able to keep score with her at this rate!

>1d100 and an action!
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

Damn, Go Ashrah!

>>47020883
Move around Ashrah. Basically watch her back (Not literally, this is Kombat time) for any tricks hiding among the undead. ie: That bastard Quan Chi

Hooray Dice?
>>
>>47020953
or not. Fuck you dice!
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>47020883
Slice and dice these shamblers
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>47020883
Fireball any that start gettin too close, decapitations for any particular targets in range for that.
Mostly we just gotta take advantage of the holes she creates and watch her back.
>>
>>47020973
>>47021012
Hooray! People who can roll better than me
>>
File: 20131111201900-Samurai.jpg (59 KB, 600x697) Image search: [Google]
20131111201900-Samurai.jpg
59 KB, 600x697
>>47020953

Cao moves in to support Ashrah, but is suddenly attacked from the side! An undead charges onto the battlefield upon a skeletal steed, knocking Cao to the ground. The horseman rears his mount upwards and points his spear at Cao, intending to impale him with it.

Ashrah, however, sees this happen. Like a missle of light, she dives headfirst towards the horseman, spinning as she does so with light encircling her body. She smashes cleanly through the horse and the rider's legs, blasting them both to pieces. The bones scatter around as she lands and moves to help Cao to stand.

"Do not despair. These vile undead shall gain no quarter!"

She charges at another group as Cao sees some approaching him.

>>47020973

Determined to not be taken by surprise again, he runs forward and attacks them, hacking and slashing, slicing and dicing. He blocks their swords and even cuts through one of their blades as he does so.

>>47021012

He cuts one in half and turns towards another, conjuring forth a mighty fireball and blasting cleanly through the shambling soldier. He cuts down three more before he returns to Ashrah's side.

"We are sending them back!" she says, noting that they are now more cautious to approach her and her sword. "The day shall be ours!"

Her triumphant cry fills Cao with motivation as he and she both charge to attack!

>1d100 and an action!
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>47021107
Be silently happy that she is on our side and then see if we can't force some more undead to group up for a combination of our fireball blast and whatever light show it is Ashrah is tossing about.

Big Money No Whammy?
>>
>>47021147
I think I need to stop making references to the dice I'm rolling. But if I do that now....will they know and still mess with me?

Beer Logic folks!
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

Poor Roller Again, just so there can be more than one action/roll. So ignore me if others did
>>47021107

Look for any Flammable and relatively small objects to see if we can't channel the undead into set paths of approach.
>>
yeah. I really hope others get posting. Cause if it's on me. We seem to be screwed....
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>47021107
Pick a weapon off the ground and toss it. Let them know just hanging back a bit won't help.
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>47021107
Fuck them up
>>
File: 1333853368264.jpg (210 KB, 432x779) Image search: [Google]
1333853368264.jpg
210 KB, 432x779
>>47021147
>>47021241
>>47021299
>>47021358

Ashrah continues to attack the undead, but Cao loses his footing on a patch of soft earth. As he picks himself back up, he looks beyond the undead and sees a blast of green magic surging across the battlefield. Ashrah, distracted by the undead she is battling, doesn't see it coming. "Ashrah, look out!" he calls, but it is too late.

The blast hits Ashrah and she finds herself paralyzed as green energy swirls around her. Cao gets up and manages to knock away an undead's sword as she falls; he catches her and drags her backwards.

He looks as the undead part and their lieutenant, another priest of the Dragon King much like the one he saw in Sun Do, only this one is female, advances. She carries a long spear in one hand and wields a skull in the other that she uses as an implement to cast spells with.

Ashrah, still stunned, is unable to move for the moment. The priestess raises her spear high. "Bring the Dragon King their corpses! Let them know the glory of service in death!"

The undead charge at them while she remains behind to lead them.

>1d100 and an action!
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>47021373
Energy javelin that bitch, defend Ashrah. We aren't losing anymore friends.
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

I feel a full circle moment has arrived.
>>47021373

Stand over Ashrah. Grab the Kriss and defend her.
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

Christ. Dice have their fangs out today.

>>47021373
All the same. Gotta go with that defending Ashrah route.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>47021373
Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge, while throwing fireballs at everyone!
>>
>>47021412
>>47021415

Cao finds himself pressed on all sides by the growing tide of undead. He drags Ashrah backwards while fending off spears and swords with his weapon, desperate to defend her until she can recover from the paralysis spell.

One of the undead swings a chain and wraps it around the dadao, pulling it from his hands. Cao quickly grabs the Kriss and holds it aloft, slicing away at the soldiers.

The Kove is becoming overrun. Despite their best efforts, they are unable to hold it. The shokan forces are separated from Kaito, Takeda's team and the crew of the Dragon Wing.

Forced into retreat, they make it back to the dock and board the ship. Cao is one of the last to make it onto the wooden pier leading to the ship.

"Come on!" Kaito shouts, laying down a torrent of flames to cover Cao's exit. "To the ship!"

>>47021466
>>47021471

Cao makes it onboard and helps Ashrah onto the ship, when an arrow flies out and pierces his shoulder. The thief shouts in pain as the black arrow embeds itself within him, and Kaito pulls him on board.

The Dragon Wing pulls away from the docks; the Kove is lost.

The shokan army is still on land and begins to move north. They are safe, but the sheer numbers of undead make holding the Kove impossible. The other nethership is left behind as the Dragon Wing heads out onto open water, and soon the undead reclaim it.

Kaito kneels down and pulls the arrow out of Cao's wound. He places a hand over it and begins to wash it with magical healing water, cleansing the wound. The arrow was poison-tipped and makes Cao woozy.

Nearby, Ashrah begins to recover, the effects of the spell wearing off. She moves to help Kaito move Cao to a sitting position.

"Damn," Mileena says as she walks up. "With the Kove gone, we don't have any way to evacuate the people."

>A) You're fine; get up and walk around
>B) Let Ashrah continue healing you
>C) Talk to Kaito
>D) Search the ship
>E) Other
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 1024x576
>all these rolls
>>
>>47021609
>B)
Keep that evil khan at bay
>>
>>47021627
No kidding. Dice are vicious today.

>>47021609
>B
>C

Partially looking to Kaito for thoughts on tactics. Cao is probably starting to realize just how over his head he is in war as opposed to the mostly skirmishes he's been in before.

Also if I'm reading right and they are with us. Make sure everyone on Takeda's team is ok.
>>
File: Mileena 11513523523.jpg (112 KB, 600x1012) Image search: [Google]
Mileena 11513523523.jpg
112 KB, 600x1012
>>47021660
>>47021696

"Let's just take it one thing at a time," Kaito suggests. He looks over at Takeda. "Get Kotal on the line, get him an update. We need a way back into the city."

Ashrah replaces Kaito's hand, healing Cao with soothing light. He sighs. "Damn. I thought we had them back there."

"Our powers are great, but one can only fight for so long against so many. The Dragon King's undead army is numerous, and more flock to his cause."

Takeda walks over. His team is alright, for the most part, but Forest Fox has sustained wounds from fighting the mummified soldiers. Kung Ling stands behind him. "I've gotten word to Ruby," he reports, holding up the radio. "Someone is attacking the city from the west, trying to get through the gate."

Kaito scratches his chin. "The west... Reiko and his army?"

"No, someone else," Takeda replies. "Apparently they're almost through the gate."

"Can she open a portal to get us through?" Mileena asks.

"She has the Portal Stone, yes."

Mileena turns to Kaito. "We should head back into the city. The Dragon Wing will stay out here; Jon of Haven will captain it."

Kaito nods. "Alright. Cao, how are you doing?"

>A) You're fine; head into the city
>B) Stay on the ship for now
>C) Head back to land and sneak into the city
>D) Recommend that the team split up
>E) Other
>>
>>47021819
>A)
Overtime today.
>>
>>47021819
>A
Once more unto the breach, dear friends

No captcha. Sushi is not Salad
>>
>>47021819
>A
Woozy but good I guess all things considered
>C
Sneaking we can do, right?
>>
File: Ling 1.png (470 KB, 800x1046) Image search: [Google]
Ling 1.png
470 KB, 800x1046
>>47021832
>>47021895
>>47021896

"I'm fine," he insists, standing up with Ashrah. "Just a little woozy, is all. I'm good."

"Maybe he should stay back with the ship," Ling suggests, not very confident in Cao's abilities.

Cao is about to sternly reply when Takeda interrupts them. "Let's just get back into the city, shall we?"

Kaito agrees. Takeda radios in their request to Ruby, and soon a glowing yellow portal opens upon the deck of the ship. The New Defenders enter it; Kaito, Mileena, Jin, Vapor, Takeda, Ling, Fox and then Cao, followed by Ashrah.

They end up in the throne room. Ruby is here, along with several other members of Kotal's court. Notably, the Emperor is not present.

"Where is Kotal Kahn?" Kaito asks the First Minister.

"He has personally gone to the western gate to lead the defenses there, along with your allies," Ruby reports.

"Let's not waste any time, then," he says to the others as he makes for the exit.

Cao follows but stops as he feels pain coming from his shoulder. The poison is still in his system and is causing his muscles to stiffen. Ashrah asks him if he is alright.

>A) Head to the gate
>B) Stay here in the palace
>C) Relax for a moment; let Ashrah heal you some more
>D) Ask Ruby for a potion that could rid you of the poison
>E) Other
>>
>>47022011
>C
Then
>A
>>
>C)
I have a bad feeling here about Ruby.
>>
>>47022011
>>D) Ask Ruby for a potion that could rid you of the poison
RUBY I DONT FEEL SO GOOD
>>
>>47022011
>C)
>E) Ask Ruby for a general status report and if Skarlet is with Kotal
>>
>>47022011
Supporting >>47022065
>C then >A
with a side of
>E be wary of assassins/thieves in the palace. Also ask after our sisters.
>>
>>47022081
>implying Ruby's first action won't be to betray us to Onaga
Never trust number 2s they're usually shitty people.
>>
>>47022114
Especially since she became #2 by helping someone else off the previous #2. Kind of a red flag that.
>>
File: Ruby.png (175 KB, 382x325) Image search: [Google]
Ruby.png
175 KB, 382x325
>>47022065
>>47022067
>>47022086
>>47022106

Cao rubs his shoulder and tells them to go on; he needs a moment. Kaito nods and leads the others out of the palace while Kaito sits with Ashrah. He looks over at Ruby and asks, "Is Skarlet with Kotal Kahn?"

"And the others, yes," she nods. "The Emperor has left me to manage the palace in his place."

As Ashrah continues keeping a healing hand upon him, Cao gives a wary look at the hinparian, suddenly suspicious of her motives. She is ambitious, that goes without question, given her desire to gain her position through D'Vorah's death and his encounter with her when she revealed her desire to become Empress if he were to fall in line for the throne. While she has faithfully served Kotal Kahn, if the fighting were to turn to Onaga's favor, he wonders what side she would stand with...

"What of these new attackers? Do we know who they are?"

"They marched from the southwest, from the Walled City of Lei Chen in the mountains. We do not know who they are, but it is clear they have taken the city for themselves."

"And what of my sister? Any news from Earthrealm?"

"No," she replies, before one of Kotal's advisors gets her attention and speaks with her about something.

After a few moments, he feels the remainder of the poison leave his system thanks to Ashrah's magic. He thanks her and they both stand.

>A) Head straight to the gate
>B) Stop by the armory and grab a new sword
>C) Stay here to keep an eye on Ruby
>D) Take the fast route across the rooftops; Ashrah will run on foot
>E) Other
>>
Blast it people, you are making me paranoid.
>>47022244
Make a show of
>B
Then be sneaky and
>C
while hiding, at least for a bit.
>>
>>47022244
On the one hand, gate
On the other hand...in Kotal's stead while Kotal fights at the gate...
Hell with it,
> A, maybe we can keep sundad alive a while longer yet.
>>
>>47022326
Ditto
>>
>>47022349
While I won't argue against your choice to help sundad. I do encourage you to think about adding in grabbing a new weapon.

Without one we might be tempted to use our Khan powers in a rather more obvious way.
>>
>>47022244
>>47022349
Alright, me here, guess add in grabbin a sword.
>>
>>47022326
>>47022349
>>47022410
>>47022379

Cao proceeds down to the armory where he secures a new weapon, a straight sword. There are not many left; most have been put into the hands of the soldiers.

Cao confides in Ashrah his worry about Ruby. "She's very ambitious," he tells her. "If Kotal dies, I think she might try for another power play. She has a lot of influence with the hinparians and they make up a good deal of the guard."

"What should we do?" Ashrah asks. "Should I stay here to keep watch on her?"

"No, I'd rather have you nearby. I think our best bet is to get to Kotal and help him stay alive. As much as I hate to admit it, he helps hold this city together."

They leave the palace and make speed towards the western gate. Most of the streets are clear of people, who are hiding in their homes. He looks up and sees winged demons circling the city like vultures circling a corpse; a large shadow stretches across the skies as a dragon flies over the city. He wonders if it is undead, like the one he and Takeda fought in the Ashlands.

Cao stops when he sees the western gate. Kahn guards and other soldiers are manning the walls, using bows and spears, attacking some enemy beyond. A massive smashing noise can be heard as some kind of battering ram attacks the gate from the other side.

Cao runs up to Cassie, who stands with Jacqui. The other New Defenders are spread throughout the area, waiting for what happens next.

"Cass!" he calls out her name. She turns, smiling when she sees him.

"There you are! Took you long enough," she teases him. "How are you doing?"

"Still in mostly one piece," he smiles. His smile fades when the battering ram hits the gate again, knocking splinters and metal bolts off on their side. "What's out there?"

Jacqui walks up and gives Cao a quick and surprising hug. "Glad to see you," she says. "Kotal Kahn says that it's the soldiers of Orderrealm. They've pledged themselves to Onaga's army."
>>
>>47022611

"Orderrealm?" Cao says, squinting a bit. "What the hell is Orderrealm?"

"Not sure myself," Cassie says. "Never been. But they're here, and they're about to get through that gate."

Up on the wall, one of the guards falls back, a steel bolt sticking out of his chest. It seems they are armed with crossbows.

Kotal Kahn and Kaito are not far away, discussing something amongst themselves. Takeda and his team are positioned on the opposite side of the street, and on the rooftops Cao spies Tundra and Frost, ready to rain hail down on the enemy.

>A) Stick near Cassie and Jacqui
>B) Go to Kaito and Kotal
>C) Join up with Takeda
>D) Head up onto the rooftops with Tundra and Frost
>E) Stay on your own with Ashrah
>F) Other
>>
>>47022625
>D)
Let's see what were up against.
>>
>>47022625
Gonna go with
>D
It'll give us a chance to see what is coming. And hopefully let us move quickly to back up others as needed.

Gotta admit to being really curious as to what Onaga offered the Orderrealm to get their backing.
>>
>>47022625
>D
>Inb4 Kaito starts blarring rock music at high volume at the gates throwing the orderrealm forces in disarray.
What sort of man can stand before being ambushed by Black Sabbath?
>>
>>47022782
That's one option. I'd put forward Rush. But if those order realmers ever saw a video of The Peart, they might become fans.
>>
>>47022782
>>47022850
If we want to scare them then we need like Skrillex or something but that might freak out our own troops as well.
>>
>>47022708
>>47022740
>>47022782

Cao and Ashrah both climb to the top of the nearby building with a staircase, joining Tundra and Frost.

"How was Kuatan?" she asks when she sees them approaching.

"I've had better trips," Cao replies as he gets up on the roof. He looks over at Tundra, who nods at him before all of them look back to the gate.

Cao can see through the holes in the gate left by the dragon-headed battering ram. The soldiers outside wear plate armor that dazzles with a green gleam and carry sharp-looking polearms and crossbows. Their armor looks much stronger than the undead or Kotal’s own guard and the power of their battering ram is clearly very effective. Each time it slams, more of the gate breaks down.

“Here we go,” Tundra says as the ram smashes more of the gate, creating a hole large enough for men to fit through. The siedan soldiers waste no time in filing in and attacking.

From outside the walls, their leader calls out in a loud and commanding voice, “Attention citizens! We, the Seidan Guard, are here to restore order! Resistance will be met with the full extent of the law and lethal force has been authorized!”

“Sounds like that guy has a real stick up his ass,” Frost says, putting her hands together and gathering cryo energy. “Let’s pull it out and beat him with it!”

The rest of the gate comes crashing down and the seidan guard rush inside to meet the defense! Kotal leads his troops, his tattoos glowing red with fury, as he rushes to face his foes!

>1d100 and an action!
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>47022926
Keep the high ground for now. Conjure our throwing knives if we need to hit ranged targets.

Also.... just realized something, but see if we can't spot Skarlet......
>>
>>47022926
Forget the soldiers for now. Look for a way to take down that battering ram before it finishes off the gate.
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>47023041
Dice man...
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>47022926
Don't get caught up in a mass of enemies
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>47023041
Gonna second this one. See if Frost or Tundra can freeze that thing enough to shatter from a decent range. Either way, cover their backs (and try not to get distracted by Frosts ass)
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>47022926
Order Realm huh? Then I guess confusion's in order.
Cut a dude's head of bash a guy's head in with that, javelin a guy's pole hook through one of their own guys. The usual. Use their corpses to build the door back if need be.
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

ok, no action here just rolling. Want to test something. Because so far we have all of two rolls that have gone over 54
>>
>>47023136
ok. Fuck you dice......Fuck you sideways with a broken bottle.

Action for that to spot Skarlet?
>>
>>47022982

As Tundra and Frost rain down ice upon the intruders, Cao conjures forth a series of green glowing daggers and hurls them at the armored foes, finding that they are ineffective against their strong armor, bouncing off the plate.

Cao curses a bit as he looks on at the gate, seeing the battering ram being removed to make way for more soldiers.

He wonders...

>>47023055
>>47023041

Cao leaps from the rooftop down into the fray, landing with a powerful smash with his oni-granted strength that came from absorbing the soul of Moloch. He pushes past two soldiers and grabs one end of the battering ram, pulling with all his might and keeping it in place.

Cao digs his feet into the ground and shouts as he summons strength like he's never done before and pulls on the ram, his fingers causing indents on the metal. He shouts as the soldiers pulling it back are unable to beat him and he pulls it back to the gate, where he summons the Wrath Hammer of Shao Kahn. He smashes the ram and creates a pile of debris in the way of the remaining soldiers outside before banishing it away.

As he turns around, Skarlet appears in front of him. She stabs a guard in the neck with her blades, one who was about to rush at Cao and attack him with his polearm. She nods at him before teleporting away to attack another guard elsewhere.

>>47023088 >>47023095 >>47023109
Remember the ten-minute time limit.

>1d100 and an action!
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>47023190
Kick and punch any seido trooper that gets close
>>
File: Moloch Concept.jpg (589 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Moloch Concept.jpg
589 KB, 720x960
Just out of curiosity, since we have his soul can we summon Moloch's ball and chain? Or did we only get the strength?
>>
>>47023190
Okay we just pulled some God of War shit I guess just grab sword and mop up the remaining bitches. Also hope Kotal didn't see that or he'll want to know how we pulled it off.
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

oh thank Damashi my horrible roll was outside that time limit. I got distracted by warm food.

>>47023190
Time for some sneaky backstabbing times! Or neck stabby times, since Skarlet just showed us it's possible.
>>
File: black_owl_by_feralkyn-d6byceb.png (198 KB, 886x901) Image search: [Google]
black_owl_by_feralkyn-d6byceb.png
198 KB, 886x901
>>47023260

I thought about it but decided just the strength, since we have the Wrath Hammer.
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>47023285
Again dice?
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>47023190
Start scaling the wall to escape being surrounded
>>
so far 4 our of 21 rolls have broken 60.....

The hell is going on?
>>
File: Hotaru.png (402 KB, 601x1024) Image search: [Google]
Hotaru.png
402 KB, 601x1024
>>47023225

Cao battles the soldiers, taking them on in close quarter combat. Fueled by oni strength, he punches one in the chest, sending him flying backwards. He kicks another in the helmet, denting it a bit and knocking him down.

>>47023287

Cao turns and draws his sword, approaching one of the seidans from behind. He stabs the man in the neck, through the exposed section of his armor, taking him down. Nearby, Cassie shoots one in the head while Jacqui uses her gauntlets to pummel one into the dirt.

Vapor drifts across the battlefield, choking one of the soldiers while Takeda wraps his whips around the man's legs, tripping him. This allows Kung Ling to stab with her magical spear down into the man's back, killing him.

Kotal Kahn roars a mighty battlecry as he uses his sword to combat the invaders. "This is my city! And you are not welcome!" He brings his weapon, a wooden sword lined with obsidian shards, down upon a seidan's head, cutting it in half.

>>47023285
>>47023327

As Cao swings his sword, parrying and thrusting against the nearest seidan's attacks, the remainder of the battering ram is suddenly destroyed in an explosion. A man with white hair and two flags upon his back strides inside. "I am Hotaru, captain of the Seidan Guard! You will surrender or be destroyed!"

>>47023368

Cao escapes from his enemy and quickly runs up the nearby wall to avoid the swarm of soldiers that follows their leader, grabbing onto a ledge and pulling himself up. He looks down as Kotal Kahn and Hotaru stride towards each other.

"You will not take my city!" Kotal Kahn claims, brandishing his weapon. "Leave this realm and return to where you belong, seidan!"

"Outworld will know Order!" Hotaru shouts, taking out his polearm and charging.

>1d100 and an action!
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>47023476
Throw Hotaru off his game with a fireball to the face
>>
>>47023476

I'll be back in a bit. Just got to go do something.
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>47023476
impalement seems like a plan
impale Hotaru on our new sword. Armor's weak near joints. under the arms. If this hits I'd say move to decapitate really.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>47023476
Agreeing with >>47023518
Distractions for Hotaru and his minions.

"Look it's the Chaos Realm.... people"

If it fails and someone sees us. Shrug and say it worked on Demons before.
>>
Alright, I'm back. Had to go get a haircut.

Writing now.
>>
File: loadscreen.png (1 MB, 1200x1088) Image search: [Google]
loadscreen.png
1 MB, 1200x1088
>>47023518

From his vantage point above, as Hotaru and Kotal face each other in the streets, Cao sees his opening. His hand burns with Kobra's fire as he holds it out and blasts it towards Hotaru, hitting him in the face!

This gives Kotal an opening to strike, kicking the man in the chest. Hotaru is put on his back as the osh-tekk moves up to grapple him.

>>47023549

Cao shouts and leaps off the building, running through the battle to join Kotal and fight by his side. As the seidan guard clashes with the Emperor, Cao uses his new sword to stab the joint of his armor just under the arm. Hotaru shouts in pain as Cao does this, and the thief withdraws his blade. He brings up the sword and prepares to decapitate Hotaru, but the man blocks the strike. He does not, however, block Kotal's, who buries his weapon in Hotaru's side.

The seidan's feet glow orange and he slides back as though on a rail of fire, leaving a trail behind him. His quick escape enables two guardsmen to take his place, but Kotal and Cao make quick work of them. More guardsman run at the two of them but they make a good team, Kotal with his strength and Cao with his speed, and the soldiers fall before them. But still more press on.

Kotal steps back and Cao continues fighting. The Emperor's tattoos begin to glow yellow. He opens his mouth to speak.

"Up the stair path..." Cao spares a look back at him as he hears the osh-tekk begin to chant. "To the fire's edge..."

A guard goes to stab Kotal from behind, but Cao throws a fireball at him, knocking him away. Kotal continues charging his power, and above the clouds begin to part.

"I pray the sky..." He looks down upon the seidan guard, his eyes burning with the fury of Outworld, and finishes his cry, shouting, "TO SCORCH THE LAND!"

The clouds above swirl as a beam of light shoots from the heavens, the power of the sun made into a weapon. The beam melts armor and weapons, scorching flesh and burning wood.
>>
>>47024257

They are pushed back to the gate, forced back outside, where Kaito leaps upon the earth, using his elemental powers to create a new wall of stone. The gate is now blocked, with the guardsmen forced out of the city. Kotal falls down onto a knee; using so much of his power has exhausted him.

Cao has to admit, he is impressed with the Emperor's power. He's never seen it unleashed in such a way before. Some guard are still on this side of the wall and the New Defenders work to round them up or kill them.

>A) Help him up
>B) Go help reinforce the wall
>C) Mop up any remaining guard
>D) Rejoin Ashrah, Cassie and Jacqui
>E) Other
>>
>>47024269
>A
then
>E
"Wasn't Skarlet supposed to be with you?"
>>
>>47024269
>C)
Fights not over
>>
>>47024269
>A
then
>C

>>47024299
She's in the area fighting. She stabbed a guy in the neck to watch our back while we took out the battering ram.
>>
>>47024344
Oh, I missed her somehow.
>>
>>47024299
>>47024344

Cao holds out his hand to the Emperor. The osh-tekk takes it and he helps him up to stand. "Thank you," he says to Cao as they look on. Six seidan guardsman remain on this side of the wall, quickly rounded up and forced onto their knees, stripped of their weapons.

Kotal picks up his weapon and approaches them, intent on finishing the job. Cassie, who had been in charge of the restraining of the soldiers, looks at him and steps between them. "Woah, hold on there Kahn, we can't kill them, they're prisoners."

Kotal hesitates. "Perhaps one will be kept for torture." He moves towards them again and again Cassie stops him.

"I'm not going to let you execute these prisoners. They could be valuable."

Kotal's pride is great, but after a moment, he stops and looks back at Cao. The thief can't quite read his expression, but something about this moment seems to take Kotal back, even if only for a few seconds.

He turns back to her. "Very well, Sergeant Cage. Please, escort them to the palace dungeons. There shall be no executions unless they attempt escape."

"Thank you, Emperor," she says, standing firm as Kotal walks away. She looks at Cao for a moment before she goes back to managing the prisoners.

Skarlet and Ashrah approach him. The demon asks how he is feeling. "Not bad," he replies. "I'm alright."

Jacqui is helping Cassie tie up the guardsmen while Kaito works with Tundra to secure the sealing of the western gate.

>A) Go with Kotal to the palace
>B) Help Cassie and Jacqui with the prisoners
>C) Talk with Ashrah and Skarlet
>D) Help Kaito
>E) Other
>>
>>47024523
I say
>B

Cause looking back over things, we never got a solid answer on our sisters. And even if it was something that got lost in a shuffle. It would probably be good to let them know we are alright.
>>
>>47024523
>C)
I think were done for the moment. We need to relax to keep Shao at bay.
>>
>>47024523
Maybe spare a moment to ask Ashrah or Skarlet along. Hard to say what might go on at the palace but we know they have infiltrators and got handed a defeat.
>B
Then palace?
>>
>>47024595
me again. Linking so my talk won't get counted as another vote. Just remembered we promised Jacqui and Cassie we'd tell them a secret when we had a chance.....

We might just want Ashrah along as moral support.
>>
File: Jacqui.png (228 KB, 340x371) Image search: [Google]
Jacqui.png
228 KB, 340x371
>>47024595
>>47024694

Cao looks back at Ashrah and Skarlet, urging them to come along with him. He walks up to Cassie and Jacqui, who are busy with the prisoners. "Come to help?" Cass asks. He nods and they begin to march them towards the palace with a small group of Kahn guards following.

"That was a good fight," Jacqui says. "I guess we can cross off "Orderrealmers" off our list of people we've beaten into the dirt."

Cassie looks over at Cao. "What about you? How are you holding up?" She's concerned, but maintains a professional attitude.

"I've been tossed around a few times since we last saw each other, but that's nothing new," he jokes.

They catch up on the way to the dungeons. Once there, under the palace, they lock the seidan guardsmen up. None of them are up to talking, and so for now they'll remain in chains.

"I'm worried that mom hasn't come with the reinforcements yet," Cassie says.

Jacqui nods. "It's been almost two days now. Where could they be?"

"Hopefully they aren't getting trouble from capital," Cassie says. "I can't imagine why they would, but---"

They hear footsteps and Takeda comes around the corner. He stops as soon as he sees them. "The Black Dragon are in the throne room," he says, slightly out of breath.

Cassie and Jacqui look at each other and immediately break out in a run.

>A) Follow
>B) Stay in the dungeons
>C) Search the palace
>D) Sneak into the throne room so you are not seen
>E) Other
>>
>>47024917
>D)
Try an ambush the attackers. I hate to say it but we need Kotal alive.
>>
Black Dragon....shit

>>47024917
>D
While sending Skarlet for
>E
so she can go find out sisters and make sure they are safe.
>>
>>47024917
>>D) Sneak into the throne room so you are not seen
Inform the team about our situation with the black dragon as to not give us away. ALSO DAMNIT RAIDEN YOU ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING
>>
File: image.png (62 KB, 314x304) Image search: [Google]
image.png
62 KB, 314x304
Has Raiden been doing anything this entire time

I wouldn't be surprised if he was leading Chaosrealm forces
>>
>>47025048
He's gathering the White Lotus I think. Not sure how long that takes. Then again maybe he's down with Outworld getting fucked just enough to not be a threat to Earthrealm.
>>
>>47024917
>D
>E
Skarlet and Ashrah can sneak too right? Two pronged approach.
>>
File: cutout.png (155 KB, 499x409) Image search: [Google]
cutout.png
155 KB, 499x409
>>47024979
>>47024981
>>47024993
>>47025213

Cao takes the long way to the palace throne room, ensuring that he will not be seen. He sneaks into the back and looks on from behind Kotal's throne.

In the heart of the throne room stands Kabal, Kira and Trevor. They are surrounded, but they are not attacking. Cao picks up on their conversation as he sneaks inside.

"...because you don't know what's really going on, Emperor."

"I know that your clan are thieves and murderers. I know that you stole my people's treasure."

Trevor speaks up. "That was Kano, mate. Kano's Black Dragon. We follow Kabal now."

Kaito is not so convinced. "Kabal, we fought side-by-side in the Earthrealm invasion. What happened?"

"I lead the Black Dragon now. And we're prepared to make you an offer of help."

Johnny and Cassie stand off to one side. The young sergeant says, "We shouldn't listen to them. We should take them prisoner."

"A bad idea," Kabal says, sparing a sidelong glance through his mask. He breathes loudly a few times before turning back to Kotal Kahn. "You're outnumbered. Surrounded. Your city walls can't keep out Onaga when he decides to make his move. And you don't have backup coming."

"Outworld has its allies," Kotal Kahn says, "and it does not count the Black Dragon among them, no matter who leads. Even a new head upon a diseased body is still a diseased body."

"Then why haven't they shown up yet?" Kotal asks. "Could it be that someone is keeping them from coming to your aid?"

"What exactly do you know?" Kaito asks.

"I know that we have a weapon that can take out most of Onaga's army, right now."

The room goes quiet. Kaito narrows his eyes. "What kind of weapon?"

"A nuclear kind."

Cassie shakes her head. "Woah, woah, woah! Uh-uh. No way. Not happening. We can't let the Black Dragon set off a nuke outside the city."
>>
File: ar19.png (70 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ar19.png
70 KB, 200x200
>>47025309

"It would destroy more than half of Onaga's forces. It's not a large one. Kano had it lying around, planned to use it for a rainy day." Kabal holds out his hands. "The rain is falling."

Kotal sits upon his throne, deep in thought. He seems to be considering the potential this weapon offers. "What is your price?"

"Gold," Kabal says. "Half of your imperial treasury."

"You would offer us salvation from war only to bankrupt us immediately thereafter," Kotal chuckles. "No."

Kaito is in agreement with the Emperor. "The fallout alone would be dangerous to your people, Kotal."

Kabal shrugs. "Well, there's always another buyer out there. Perhaps the side that will actually win this war..."

Now the threat is laid upon the table and the room grows tense. Trevor and Kira stay close to their leader as Kabal places his hands on his hips. "Now then... the price, Emperor."

The room is silent. Cao, behind the throne, considers his options. The Black Dragon think he is captured, and still one of them. Revealing himself, if not done carefully, could have consequences on his future interractions with them.

>A) Reveal yourself and advocate not using the bomb
>B) Reveal yourself and advocate using the weapon
>C) Keep yourself hidden
>D) Attempt to attack them
>E) Other
>>
>>47025327
>C) Keep yourself hidden
>>
>>47025327
>C
They speak of earth realm magic. That teknology. Not much we could really add to the conversation.
>>
>>47025327
>>C) Keep yourself hidden
>>
Well we could buy it and not use it, which sounds preposterous but is well worth keeping it out of the hands of Onaga's forces while keeping it as back up, but I don't know guys.
There's saving it for if the city does fall I suppose.
>>
>>47025368
*teknalogee
dumb outworldposter
>>
>>47025327
>C) keep hidden, but sneak closer to be able to kill Kabul if things go badly.
>>
>Black Dragon set off nuke outside the city
>Both Kotal and Onaga are killed via blast or fallout
>Huge civil war over the throne
>Black Dragon offers mercs and weapons too all sides
>>
>>47025441
Fuck that Kabul guy. I want Trevor to become a good guy tho
>>
>>47025327
>E
There is buying it and not using it unless the city actually falls.
Though I don't know about whatever this "fallout" is.

Would keep it out of Onaga's claws.
>>
>>47025447
What if we have them offer to sell it to Onaga and when he comes to inspect they set it off in his tent or something?
But realistically, we can't go bankrupt, maybe if we could work out a deal though. I mean with such an endeavor there'd need to be some trust established somehow, a show of good faith.
>>
File: Kabal (2).png (232 KB, 467x703) Image search: [Google]
Kabal (2).png
232 KB, 467x703
>>47025365
>>47025368
>>47025401
>>47025441

Cao keeps himself hidden. Kotal strokes his chin, but finally stands.

"I'll not use your weapon, and I'll not associate with the Black Dragon," he declares. "Seize them!"

The heroes move in to capture them, but Kabal holds up his arm and presses a button. "Your loss, Emperor."

They vanish in a flash of red light. Kotal slams a fist on his throne's arm and steps down. "Kabal is lost and he speaks in riddles, but his words confuse me. He speaks of something keeping Earthrealm from coming to our aid."

Cassie puts her gun away. "Maybe that's why our reinforcements haven't been coming."

Johnny takes out his phone. "Hang on, let me see if I can get a line to Earthrealm." He presses a few buttons and waits a moment. "...Nothing."

Kaito folds his arms, concerned about what this could mean. Cao comes out from behind the throne and integrates himself into the group.

"This is bad news, though," Kaito says. "We need to figure out what's stopping help from coming."

"I've never known anything that can disrupt all travel from one realm to another," Kotal says. "Onaga. He must have something that is responsible."

Cassie looks at them and asks, "What's our next move?"

"I don't know," Kaito says, thinking hard.

>A) Stay here in the palace
>B) Patrol the streets
>C) Reinforce the city walls
>D) Scout outside the city
>E) Attempt to figure out what is keeping Earthrealm reinforcements from coming
>F) Other
>>
>>47025425
sorry man. I guessed. Earth Realmers have weird spellings. I mean what the hell is the letter 'c'? And they throw that 'Y' letter into a lot of things.
>>
>>47025579
"I could just challenge him to Mortal Kombat, bit of a long shot, but cut off the head and the body dies right?"
>>
>>47025579
>F) Other
Check on the sisters!

Also consult with others on where extra help is needed. Info to make decisions!
>>
>>47025579
>E)
We need help. Plain and simple. Unless anyone feels ballsy enough to take on Onaga in a duel.
>>
>>47025654
>Check on the sisters!

They're in Earthrealm
>>
>>47025579
>>E) Attempt to figure out what is keeping Earthrealm reinforcements from coming
>>
>>47025674
oh, crap. Ignore that then.

>F) Consult with Kaito and Kotal. figure out where help is needed.

Thoughts from the rest on if we should let Cassie and Jacqui know that secret?
>>
Don't we have the portal stone? Could we try an experiment with sending someone to Earthrealm?
>>
>>47025579
>E)
Onaga, Quan Chi and Li Mei traveled to the international space station to hijack it and take out each satellite orbiting the Earth thus causing a worldwide blackout

The mad man
>>
>>47025702
We have a bit of downtime to do it. I don't see why not
>>
File: tower2.png (302 KB, 318x819) Image search: [Google]
tower2.png
302 KB, 318x819
>>47025660
>>47025678
>>47025751

Everyone immediately goes to work on trying to figure out what is keeping the reinforcements at bay. Groups are organized to search the palace for anything potentially out of place or harmful. Kaito, Johnny and Kotal begin to discuss amongst themselves ideas as to what can be done; the Portal Stone is brought up as an idea. A test, Kaito suggests.

>A) Go with Cassie and Jacqui
>B) Stay in the throne room
>C) Search the dungeons
>D) Go to Shao Kahn's sanctum
>E) Other
>>
>>47025870
>>A) Go with Cassie and Jacqui
>>
>>47025870
>D)
I've been thinking for a bit that he's been manipulating things somehow. Grab Skarlet and Ashrah we'll need them.
>>
>>47025870
>A
We're going to have to fight the ghost of Shao Kahn before we fistfight nuReptile right?
>>
>>47025870
>A
But we can take them to
>D
if we think that is worth looking into
>>
>>47025870
>>D) Go to Shao Kahn's sanctum
Lets search here
>A) Go with Cassie and Jacqui
After lets try and use the portal stone to get to Earthrealm
>>
File: 2.png (81 KB, 395x253) Image search: [Google]
2.png
81 KB, 395x253
>>47025885
>>47025910
>>47025936
>>47025962

As Cassie and Jacqui leave the room, Cao goes to keep up with them. He runs up to them and says, "I think I might have an idea."

They regard him with some curiosity. "What's up, Cao?"

"Follow me," he says, motioning for Ashrah and Skarlet to come along. He leads them down the stairs and into the catacombs underneath the palace.

"What is this place?" Jacqui asks.

"All that remains of Shao Kahn's former citadel," Cao answers, walking along and moving at a quick pace. He means to show them Shao Kahn's sanctum... and perhaps finally reveal his secret to them.

Ashrah and Skarlet walk silently as he takes them through the grand chamber where he fought the now-broken statue of Shao Kahn. Beyond that, he approaches the sealed door and places his hand upon it, the green runes glowing as the stones slide apart.

He leads them into the chamber. The hole he left in the floor is still here.

"And what is this?" Cassie asks as they enter.

"Shao Kahn's inner sanctum," Skarlet says. "This is where Cao found me."

"Were you trapped here?" Jacqui asks.

"In a manner of speaking," she says.

Cassie approaches a shelf. "And you think this place might have whatever is keeping mom and the Special Forces from reaching Outworld?"

Cao closes his eyes and reaches out with his mind. He cannot sense anything unnusual, not even a tremor of Shao Kahn stirring within him. He wonders why... He approaches the throne and looks upon it.

>A) Tell them the secret
>B) Don't tell them the secret
>C) Show the hammer and staff of Shao Kahn
>D) Whelp, it's not here, let's go
>E) Other
>>
>>47026106
>>D) Whelp, it's not here, let's go
>>
>>47026106
A

We did promise to tell them after all
>>
>>47026106
>A
possibly ease into it though.
>Maybe C if other folks go for it
>>
>>47026106
>E)
Look, touch, feel whatever. Shao Khan took a serious risk with Cao as a contingency plan I can't imagine he'd not have something else
>>
>>47026106
>>A) Tell them the secret
>D) Whelp, it's not here, let's go
Might as well. Lets get it over with and go try something else, support from Earthrealm or Endenia will be a must if we are to beat onaga
>>
>>47026106
>A) Tell them the secret
>>
>>47026106
>>E) Other
Poke around, Shao may not want to come out and play as we brought so many people, but we will not give him a choice
>>
>>47026106
>A
Ease into it as >>47026160 says. It's not something Cao has been overly open or happy about.

>C if they want some sort of proof.

Also does anyone remember if that portal to the netherrealm was in this room or a different one? Cause that might be where something snuck in from.
>>
File: 23566236346434637347.png (2 MB, 977x1522) Image search: [Google]
23566236346434637347.png
2 MB, 977x1522
>>47026158
>>47026160
>>47026196
>>47026211
>>47026212
>>47026231
>>47026253

They start searching the chamber, finding plenty of books and ancient tomes, but nothing significant outside of a few dusty artifacts and trophies. Nothing resonates with energy or power. Cao sits on the steps leading up to the throne when Cassie walks up.

"There's nothing here," she says, tossing aside an old book. "A good try, though. This place was definitely hidden."

As Jacqui looks over an old statue in one corner, Cao lets out a sigh. "Hey, listen, there's something I should talk about."

He rubs the back of his neck as Ashrah and Skarlet share a knowing look. Cao grows a bit uncomfortable as Cassie sits down next to him and Jacqui looks on. "What is it?" the sergeant asks.

"I told you that I had a secret," he says, trying to find the right way to build up to it. "But you might not like it."

Jacqui is concerned. She walks over and stands a yard or so away, looking down at him. "Tell us."

He closes his eyes. "Alright. But you have to understand that, no matter what happens, I'm still me. Alright?"

He looks at them, waiting for a response. None comes. They just stare at him, still as a statue. He waves a hand in front of Cassie's face, earning no reaction. He looks over at Skarlet and Ashrah, discovering them to be similarly frozen in place.

Even the fire below the dragon symbol of the floor has stopped moving, and when he sees that, he immediately understands.

"Oh, hell."

"No, no, not hell. Chaos."

He looks up at the entrance of the chamber as the man walks inside. "Hello, thief."

>A) Attack him
>B) What the hell do you want now?
>C) Release this spell!
>D) Alright, no more games, what's going on?
>E) Other
>>
>>47026407
>>B) What the hell do you want now?
Fuck off man
>>
>>47026407
Oh. Hello.
>manners first
>B/D
>>
>>47026407
>>B) What the hell do you want now?
>>
>>47026407
>>D) Alright, no more games, what's going on?
Shouldn't you be attacking all the order realm dudes at the gate earlier, being chaosrealmer and all that jazz?
>>
>>47026407
>E) Other
If anyone knows why Orderrealm is attacking, it's Chaosrealm. Spill.
>>
>>47026407
>E) Long time no see.
>B) What the hell do you want now?
>>
>>47026407
>B)
Except change hell to chaos
>>
>>47026407
>D
also
>E
I assume you want to offer your deal again?
>>
File: 1441726494169.png (143 KB, 344x479) Image search: [Google]
1441726494169.png
143 KB, 344x479
>>47026440
>>47026471
>>47026445
>>47026503
>>47026523
>>47026541
>>47026555
>>47026570

"Oh, you," Cao mutters, standing up. "What the hell do you want now, half-face?"

"Tut-tut, I just said not 'hell' but chaos. Come now, stay sharp. And it's Havik," he replies. "I suppose we can be on a name-to-name basis now... Shao Kahn."

Cao's eyes widen. "What? I don't---"

"Oh be quiet," Havik waves a hand. "You were just about to spill the beans to two airheads from Earthrealm. If I didn't already know myself, I'd be insulted."

"I'm not Shao Kahn," Cao says.

"No, he's just the one living in your little head, like an egg waiting to crack open." He laughs, and Cao wonders how he can speak so well without lips. "But I didn't come for Shao Kahn. I came for what belongs to my realm."

"So, your offer again, huh? I won't be handing it over," he says. "I gave it to Kaito."

"I know. I want you to get it back. Steal it, perhaps---I know how good you are at it."

"And why the hell would I do that?"

"It's almost like you want to lose this war," he laughs. "You realize you are outnumbered? That tomorrow evening, Onaga will storm this city and you will lose?"

Cao narrows his eyes. "You're from Chaosrealm, then? Why not stand against Onaga with us? Orderrealm is on his side. Why aren't you fighting against him?"

"I am trying to," Havik says. "But you stubbornly refuse to hand over the very thing keeping your city from receiving it's reinforcements."

Cao's eyes widen in realization.

>A) The Kamidogu is keeping Earthrealm from coming to our aid?
>B) You're lying.
>C) How can it do that?
>D) Why didn't you tell me this before?
>E) Other
>>
>>47026653
>C)
fucking Havik
>>
>>47026653
>A
>C

No doubt there is more to his angle than just this
>>
>>47026653
>>A) The Kamidogu is keeping Earthrealm from coming to our aid?
>>C) How can it do that?
As much as I distrust this man I don't really see a reason for him to be lying
>>
>>47026653
>C
>D
>>
It should be known that Chaosrealm isn't inherently evil. They're kind of just lolrandom so crazy hurt me more. I can see Havik actually helping then immediately doing something to keep the war going.
>>
>>47026788
Depends on if Havik is still on destroying the realms as the ultimate expression of Chaos or whatnot.
>>
>>47026653
>>A) The Kamidogu is keeping Earthrealm from coming to our aid?
That would explain a lot
>>
>>47026826
he's a retard then, destroying all the realms leads to nothingness
>>
>>47026741
He may not be lying.... he just might not be giving the whole truth. I'm really kinda wondering if it's the Chaos Realm Komidogu doing this. Or if the order realm brought theirs along. Because keeping realms separate doesn't really sound like a chaos thing.

That said.... it was this specific one and not the nether realm komidogu we found in the chest, despite seeing it in there earlier. So I'm wondering if Onaga/Reptile managed to pull a fast one on us.
>>
>>47026848
Could be, we'll have to either trick or drag it out of him.
>>47026843
Yes, I know, but he's thought so before.
>>
File: The_Kamidogu_Deception.png (101 KB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
The_Kamidogu_Deception.png
101 KB, 420x300
>>47026719
>>47026728
>>47026741
>>47026833

"The Kamidogu..." Cao whispers to himself.

"Ah, the last horse stumbles across the finish line," Havik says. "Now then, you're going to retrieve it for me and---"

"Hold it," he interrupts the cleric. "It's keeping Earthrealm from helping us? How can it do that?"

He lets out an irritated sigh, as if he has little time to explain. "The Kamidogu made the realms, boy. Each of the six tools of the Elder Gods are bound to one of the six most important realms: Outworld, Earthrealm, the Netherrealm, Edenia... Orderrealm..." he says distastefully, as though it makes his skin crawl, "...and of course, the realm of Chaos. Chaosrealm, if you didn't know."

"I got that," Cao says. "But that doesn't answer my question."

"Each Kamidogu has different properties. Does different things. In the right... or wrong... hands, they can do terrible things. The Chaosrealm Kamidogu is unique in a number of ways, especially in its relation to the realms and its fellows. You could consider it almost an "intrusive" element, interfering and causing disruptive influence."

"And how does that stop Earthrealm from reaching Outworld?"

He holds up both hands. "Imagine this is Outworld," he says with one hand. "And then this, is Earthrealm," he says with the other. "Normally, the only thing between them are what we call 'the Furies' which are the barriers between existence, called so because the void they encompass is particularly... let's say, loud. Onaga had possession of the Kamidogu of Chaos, and used it to cast a powerful spell, to increase the noise." He shakes both of his hands. "Now, the furies grow louder, the barrier becomes harder to breach, like a fog between the realms."

He drops his hands. "Understood? Now, if you'll just go about giving me that Kamidogu..."

>A) How do I know I can trust you?
>B) I thought you wanted war. Why allow Earthrealm to get its reinforcements?
>C) You're not telling me everything.
>D) No.
>E) Other
>>
>>47026976
>>B) I thought you wanted war. Why allow Earthrealm to get its reinforcements?
I'm cool with asking for it from Kaito, but helping us does seem to be slightly self defeating
>>
>>47026976
>>
>>47026976
>C
>B
>>
>>47026976
Can't any sufficiently powerful enough person use the kamigdous themselves? Let's get Kaito or kotal or something to use it
>>
>>47026976
>C
This is the one to hit on. B kinda makes sense, but at the same time might make him do that disappearing act and waiting for us to get more desperate. Either way, no stealing it for him. I'm saying flat out let Kaito and Kotal know about the supposed deal.

That said, I must sadly get some sleep. I'm up 9 hours later than I should be and need a nap before work. Damn you Damashi.
>>
>>47027088

Goodnight, Anon.
>>
>>47027098
Thanks. Absolutely love what you've done with the quest and can't wait to see where it goes.
>>
File: 5256222362.png (825 KB, 605x1092) Image search: [Google]
5256222362.png
825 KB, 605x1092
>>47027030
>>47027038
>>47027057
>>47027069
>>47027088

"I don't understand. You said you wanted war. Why let Earthrealm send reinforcements?"

"Because then it would BE war!" Havik laughs. "Without them, it would be a slaughter. You saw how you were defeated at the Kove. Imagine that, but the city! Onaga is a chap who keeps his promises, I assure you. He'll slaughter every man, woman and child in the city. He commands an army of undead, tarkatans, demons, shokan, seidan guardsmen... I suspect even Reiko and the centaurians... or minotaurians, rather... would join him. Or he'll kill Reiko. I doubt he'll be the one to defeat Onaga."

Cao slowly circles the chamber as Havik speaks. "You're not telling me everything."

"Of course not. The complexities of the Kamidogu are beyond one such as you. But if you desire true knowledge... perhaps you should probe the one you share your head with."

"How did you know?" Cao asks after a moment.

"You haven't been keeping a tight lid on it. I'm not the only one who knows. But you should be careful who you tell it to, boy. Like her," he points at Cassie. "Do you really think your little girlfriend will take this news well?"
>>
File: Havik (2).png (515 KB, 827x1024) Image search: [Google]
Havik (2).png
515 KB, 827x1024
>>47027290

He approaches Cao and says, "Did you know that once, Shao Kahn kidnapped her mother? Brainwashed her? Almost made her into his bride in a black ceremony. It would have merged the realms, but he was stopped." He laughs. "Funny... after all this time, he finally got into the pants of a Blade... not the same one, but still."

He leers at Cao. "How do you think she would react if she knew the truth, hmm? That you seduced to her, all the while concealing the fact that you were Shao Kahn? Betraying her trust by harboring Earthrealm's greatest enemy?"

"She..." his voice trails off.

Havik laughs. "She'll hate you. Same goes for your other little friend... They're from Earthrealm. They'll never understand. They've been raised to hate Outworld, to hate what you have in your head. 'Outworld is the enemy. Shao Kahn is the enemy.' And you are Shao Kahn!" he cackles.

"I'm not!" Cao shouts. "I am not Shao Kahn!"

"Do you really think she'll believe you?"

Cao is quiet for a moment, his words playing on the insecurities he's had ever since he learned who he shared his body with.

"Bring me the Kamidogu. Deliver Outworld its reinforcements. Keep yourself secret." He leans in closer. "You know it's what's right."

>A) No.
>B) Leave, and if I ever see you again, it won't be pretty.
>C) Alright, I'll do it.
>D) I'm going to tell them.
>E) Other
>>
>>47027315
>>C) Alright, I'll do it.
>>D) I'm going to tell them.
If we can't trust in our friends...then what can we trust in?
>>
>>47027315
>B) Leave, and if I ever see you again, it won't be pretty.
Someone could use the inf on the kamidogu
>>
>>47027315
>>D) I'm going to tell them.
>>
>>47027315
>C) Alright, I'll do it.
>>
>>47027315
>C
>E we're going to explain to Kaito and them what's up with the Kamiwhatzits...according to Havik.
>D+ We're going to tell the girls, and possibly our entire inner circle of folks. Point out we've been brainstorming ways to prevent him from coming back with Skarlet and Ashrah.
>>
>>47027417
>>47027470
>>47027477
>>47027492

For the record, "C" means we'll give the Kamidogu to Havik.

Is this what we want to do?

Either way, the overwhelming majority is for D as well, so we'll definitely be spilling the beans on that.
>>
>>47027529
Yes, really what is the worst that could happen at this point.
>>
>>47027529
I want to give it to him
>>
>>47027599
You're a chaosrealmer indeed if you want to give it to Havik
>>
>>47027529
No I don't want to, but it looks like the majority does.
>>
>>47027529
I don't want to give it to him necessarily, rather, we explain to Kaito, mull it over for a second and then maybe do it in a less confrontational space.
He seemed a little interested in Shao Kahn though so I'm leaning toward no. But...eh, decisions are hard on nosleep
>>
>>47027668
>>47027529
What I mean to say is, explain what we were told in a less confrontational space. To the rest of 'em.
>>
>>47027315
>C)
>>
>>47027529
I think we should. Chaos realm hates order realm and even if this comes back to bite us in the ass later, we need all the help we can get for this.
>>
>>47027529
It's not what I want, but it's what we might have to do. I'm hoping to talk to Kaito or Kotal or something. I would not be surprised if Havik is lying.
>>
>>47027726
Also for the record I still think telling the girls our secret is a terrible idea.
>>
>>47027782
Fine let's just tell them that we're going out with Skarlet to cover
>>
File: 6434236246.png (751 KB, 452x998) Image search: [Google]
6434236246.png
751 KB, 452x998
>>47027564
>>47027599
>>47027417
>>47027470
>>47027477
>>47027492
>>47027694
>>47027695

"Alright..." Cao whispers. "Alright, I'll do it."

Havik seems pleasantly surprised. "Really? That's it? My, I had much more lined up. Fantastic. Return the Kamidogu to this sanctum and hand it to me, and you will receive... your salvation."

He snaps his fingers and Cao once more finds himself on the steps of the throne with time flowing normally. He looks up at them and they at him.

"Well?" Cassie asks.

"We need to go," he says, standing up and moving. "I know what's keeping Earthrealm from helping us!"

"What? How?" Jacqui asks, taking up chasing after him as Cassie, Ashrah and Skarlet do the same.

Cao rushes through the catacombs, returning to the palace. He runs up the stairs to the throne room. Kaito, Kotal Kahn, Johnny Cage and Mileena are here, discussing these recent events with each other.

Cao runs in. "The Kamidogu!" he says, getting all of their attention. "Kaito, it's the Kamidogu. It's what is keeping Earthrealm from helping us!"

Kaito blinks a few times before he takes it out of his bag. Kotal's eyes widen as he looks upon the relic. "The Chaosrealm Kamidogu... how came you by this?"

"I stole it," Cao says, "from Onaga's tent. I thought Kaito would be the best person to hold onto it, but now I know that it's exactly what is keeping Earthrealm from coming to Outworld."

Kotal looks at Cao, but then back to the Kamidogu. "How know you this?"

"I was told by a man named Havik," he says. This draws many eyes, some of them suspicious, including Kaito's.

"Havik..." he whispers. "And what did he say?"

"He says he wants to return it to his realm so we can get our reinforcements."

"He opposes the forces of Orderrealm, then?" Kotal says, folding his arms.

"We can't trust him," Kaito is quick to add. "Anything that guy gets involved with is bad business."
>>
File: tower.png (451 KB, 478x932) Image search: [Google]
tower.png
451 KB, 478x932
>>47027874

Cao explains. "He doesn't care about anything other than the war. He wants this battle to happen, otherwise the odds won't be on our side and we'll lose. That's what he said."

Kaito pauses. "He has a point. We're outnumbered badly. But I still don't think we can trust him." He looks over at Kotal. "Is there something we can do?"

"I am not certain," Kotal admits. "If removing the Kamidogu from this realm is what is best, then perhaps we should not hand it to Havik. There may be alternatives."

"What realm could we bring it to?" Kaito asks. Kotal thinks for a moment.

>A) Support giving it to Havik
>B) Suggest sending it to the Netherrealm
>C) Take it to the Nexus
>D) Shang Tsung's island!
>E) Other
>>
>>47027874
>"your salvation..."
So in wacky Chaosrealm speak he probably means damnation
>>
>>47027892
>C) Take it to the Nexus
Let the powers that be decide what to do with it.
>>
>>47027892
>D) Shang Tsung's island!
Its between Outworld and Earthrealm, so it could be a place to facilitate travel.
>>
>>47027892
>C)
If we take it to the Netherrealm we risk Quan Chi getting it and the island is partially in Earthrealm so we probably can get there.
>>
>>47027892
>A) Havik
He's a good goy
>>
>>47027916
>>47027990

"The Nexus," Cao suggests. "We could take it there, right?"

Kaito and Kotal both think for a moment. "This could work," Kotal says. "But someone will need to stay with the Kamidogu once it is there. The Nexus contains portals to all realms... If we merely leave the Kamidogu there upon the altar to the Elder Gods, someone may steal it. Perhaps Havik."

"I'm not so certain," Kaito says. "Havik could storm the Nexus. We'd need someone powerful to guard it... and that means not being here to help the city."

The room is silent for a moment. Suddenly, Johnny Cage steps forward. "I'll do it."

Cassie looks concerned. "Dad? Are you sure?"

"Sure I'm sure! I won't be around for the battle, but at least I'll be helping. Lay it on me, Kotalicious."

Kotal takes the Chaosrealm Kamidogu from Kaito and hands it to Johnny Cage. "You are a brave man, Mr. Cage."

"Yeah, I know. Have you seen my wife's temper?"

"Dad!"

"Love ya, sweetie."

>A) Reveal your secret now
>B) Let Johnny leave, then tell them
>C) Wait for Johnny to go, then pick and choose who you will reveal it to
>D) Keep your secret for now
>E) Other
>>
>>47027892
>>D) Shang Tsung's island!
As we snap our fingers
>>
>>47027892
Alright, well he said something about it having "infective" properties or whatever so I doubt the nexus is the best place for it. Shang Tsung's Island is halfway between here and earthrealm. So that might not solve the prblem.

And while throwing it at Netherrealm is HYSTERICAL in some ways that hands a powerful weapon directly to an enemy.

Weirdly...
>A
>>
>>47028109
>D)
Shits getting too real. Need to hold that bomb in.
>>
>>47028109
>B
let him start to go then
>A
"Just uh, wanted to get that out there before um...yeah, whatever happens next. Not the face alright?"
>>
>>47028122
>Shang Tsung's Island is halfway between here and earthrealm. So that might not solve the prblem.

Also Shang Tsung still lives there.
>>
>>47028109
>A
>>
>>47028211
Well, yeah, but shush. He was pretty cool while we were there and we don't know about the ARMY OF EVILER* MILEENAS he's amassing.
*Mileenas may not be eviler necessarily, this statement has not been evaluated by the OWEA.
>>
>>47028211
And may or may not have an army of crazy cuties lusting after Kaito.
>>
>>47028109
>E) Reveal the secret that you're going out with Skarlet
This is more for Cassie and Jacqui
>>
>>47028287

Woah that was never officiated
>>
>>47028109
C

Specifically just Cassi and Jacqui
>>
>>47028259
>Shang Tsung shows up laughing
>The Mileenas mindlink with the original
>Shenanigans ensue
>Cut to Kaito "...I'm going to need way more hours in the day and way more bandages aren't I?"
>>
>>47028258
Shang Tsung's master plan to get revenge on Kaito is to have an army of Mileenas cuddle him to death
>>
>>47028296
doesn't matter it's a lie so we can cover the Shao Kahn truth
>>
>>47028332
>>47028178
>>47028181
>>47028221
>>47028287
>>47028332

Alright, let's narrow this down a bit more.

>A) Tell Kaito, Kotal, Mileena, Cassie and Jacqui
>B) Kaito and Kotal only
>C) Cassie and Jacqui only
>D) Tell no one
>E) Other
>>
>>47028431
>D)
>>
>>47028431
>B) Kaito and Kotal only
>>
>>47028431
C

Have to test the waters before we let the big boys know
>>
>>47028333
>Mileena rescues Kaito from her clones
>It's exactly like that scene in Austen Powers when he saves his dad
>"...Just... overpowering my guards."
>>
>>47028431
>B) Kaito and Kotal only
>>
>>47028431
>B) Kaito and Kotal only
We can make up something for the bobsy twins later
>>
>>47028431
>B) Kaito and Kotal only
>>
File: ss1.png (744 KB, 540x1078) Image search: [Google]
ss1.png
744 KB, 540x1078
>>47028646

Woah there lad
>>
>>47028646
Meanwhile...
>>
>>47028459
>>47028485
>>47028528
>>47028562

Kotal holds up the Portal Stone and opens a portal to the Nexus. Johnny winks at them before walking through, taking the Kamidogu with him. The portal closes a moment later, returning normal light to the throne room.

"What now?" Cassie asks. "We just wait for Special Forces to show up?"

As it turns out, the waiting is not long. A noise draws their attention to the outside and they run to Kotal's balcony, overlooking the city.

Thunder cracks across the heavens and lightning rains from the sky as the forces of Earthrealm are brought to Outworld by Raiden. Groups of soldiers and heavy vehicles are teleported into the city streets, tanks and other useful weapons of war. Special Forces and Shaolin Monks, two armies, are now in position to defend the city. Demons and dragons circling the city are struck by lightning and fall smoking from the sky.

Cassie and Jacqui both cheer at the amazing sight and Cao can't help but join them. A close bolt to their right brings several people, including Sonya, Jax and more.

"Mom!" "Dad!" Cassie and Jacqui shout, running to hug them.

"Did someone call for some reinforcements?" Sonya says with a smile.

Jax begins, "Sorry we're late, but---"

"It's alright, we know," Jacqui cuts off her father. "We fixed it."

Kaito smiles and pats Cao on the shoulder. "We have a fighting chance, now!"

But even though he is glad, Cao is still beset by worry. He knows he was going to tell Cassie and Jacqui, but now feels compelled to share his secret with others.

He stops Kaito and Kotal from joining the others and asks to speak to them in private. They look at each other before nodding and they go to a nearby room and Kotal shuts the door, but not before letting Ashrah in as per Cao's request.

"We must make this quick," Kaito says. "We can counterattack the Dragon King with these forces."
>>
File: bio1.jpg (257 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bio1.jpg
257 KB, 1920x1080
>>47028801

>A) "Shao Kahn's soul is inside my body."
>B) Ease into it
>C) Tell them that something is wrong with you
>D) Warn them that something bad may happen
>E) Other
>>
>>47028825
>B) Ease into it
>>
>>47028825
>>A) "Shao Kahn's soul is inside my body."
>>
>>47028825
>C)
seems like the most natural way to start that conversation.
>>
>>47028825
>C)
>>
>>47028825
>B
>A
>E) I'm working on it.
>>
File: 01.gif (148 KB, 478x699) Image search: [Google]
01.gif
148 KB, 478x699
>>47028873
>>47028907
>>47028839
>>47028842
>>47029020

"Something is wrong with me," he tells them.

"Speak," Kotal says, concerned. "What ails you?"

"It's not... normal." He says, taking a deep breath. "I have something inside of me. It's powerful. And I'm worried that it's very dangerous. No, I know that it's dangerous, and I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep down."

Kaito cocks a brow. "Hormones?"

"No!" Cao says, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "This is serious! I'm---"

>"NO!"

Cao reacts as though he had been punched in the gut, wrenching forward. Ashrah goes to help him as the others react. Shao Kahn is stirring and he does not wish to be exposed to Kaito and Kotal Kahn.

"What is it? What's happening?" Kaito asks.

Ashrah keeps a steady hand upon him, guiding him, lending him her strength. Cao is able to speak. "It's..." He opens his eyes and looks up. "Shao Kahn. His soul is inside of me."

They react with shock, suddenly very wary of Cao. They look at each other, struggling to digest this latest news. Kotal looks upon him. "You carry the soul of Shao Kahn inside of you? How long has this been so?"

Shao Kahn is still fighting him. He knows that if Cao reveals more, his soul will be in grave danger.

>A) Since birth
>B) Lie; Recently
>C) Lie; When I ventured to the Netherrealm
>D) Dodge the question and continue explaining
>E) Other
>>
>>47028825
>B) Ease into it
>C) Tell them that something is wrong with you
>>
>>47028825
>B) Ease into it
Twenty years ago, Shao Kahn attacked Earthrealm, with full intent to conquer everything. As the story goes, Kaito and a few others defeated Shao Kahn, stopping the invasion and saving Earthrealm. But that's not the end of the story. Shao Kahn, as to be expected of him, had a contingency plan in case he failed. Should his body be lost, his soul would inhabit a new vessel. He used someone that was born the day of his invasion, as it was easiest to pull off.

That someone is me.

I'm not Shao Kahn, but Shao Kahn is inside me. He's still here, and he wants out.
>>
>>47029051
>A) Since birth
See >>47029060
>>
>>47029051
>A) Since birth
But tell them that we learned of it recently
>>
>>47029051
>A) Since birth
I was A backup plan that isn't going according to plan.
>>
>>47029051
>A) Since birth I think
>E) He only started to come out recently
>>
>>47029060
>>47029084
Addendum: I only found out about this myself very recently, when he started trying to wake up. Ashrah has been keeping him at bay for the past month or so. He's the reason I have all these powers. For what it's worth, he hates Onaga just as much as everyone else does in this room. But once Onaga is done with, I don't know what's going to happen next.
>>
>>47029051
>D)
If we just have to do this might as well tell everything.
>>
File: 1654405-shao_kahn_render_large.png (116 KB, 300x506) Image search: [Google]
1654405-shao_kahn_render_large.png
116 KB, 300x506
>>47029060
>>47029084
>>47029124
>>47029133
>>47029139

"Listen," Cao pleads, sweat running down his forehead. "Twenty years ago, Shao Kahn was killed. You," he points at Cao, "you know this. You were there."

"Of course," Kaito says.

"Well that's not where it ended," Cao breathes. He feels a twisting pain in his chest as Ashrah struggles to lend her might to fight off the Emperor. "He had a plan... His soul came to Outworld, and it needed a vessel, needed protection... me."

Shao Kahn strikes again and Cao shouts. To his surprise, he feels another hand on his shoulder---Kotal Kahn's. The osh-tekk's arm glows blue as he begins lending his own power to Cao.

"Speak," he says.

"I'm... NOT Shao Kahn..." Cao insists. "But he's in here, with me, ever since I was a baby. And only recently has he started to wake up. Ashrah helped me fight him... I didn't know it at first, but when D'Vorah killed her, she had given me some of her power. Preserved it inside me. It kept Shao Kahn away but sometimes he broke through. Sometimes I turned into him."

Kaito looks down at Cao. "And are you going to turn into him?"

"I don't want to! But I've been using his powers, and stealing souls. I've kept it secret until now, but... I don't know how much longer I can hold him back."

Kotal Kahn looks up at Kaito. For a moment, Cao is worried that he thinks the return of Shao Kahn means that Cao is an enemy, what he had feared since the beginning. He grabs Kotal's arm.

"I'm not Shao Kahn!" he says again. "I don't want to be Shao Kahn!"

Kotal looks back at him and places his other hand upon Cao's. "I know this."

The combined power of Ashrah and Kotal keeps Shao Kahn's weakened soul from emerging. After a moment, Cao calms down. "I wanted to tell you," he says. "I did. But I was afraid---afraid of losing my sisters, afraid of what you would do if you knew."
>>
File: tumblr_nn49mvpN5A1u7vx57o1_500.png (504 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn49mvpN5A1u7vx57o1_500.png
504 KB, 500x500
>>47029413

Kotal nods. "Shao Kahn is my enemy, the enemy of all the free people of Outworld, but you are not." He and Ashrah help Cao to his feet. "And I will not allow Shao Kahn to take another son of Outworld."

"You're not... You don't want to kill me?"

Kaito cocks a brow. "Hey, listen, take it from someone who once had an ancient evil power take over his body: there are alternatives." He shivers a little bit, as if remembering something unpleasant.

"I will not have Shao Kahn return," Kotal proclaims. "We may be able to---"

There is a knock at the door. Cassie walks in. "Kaito, Kotal! Onaga is attacking the city!"

They all turn and Kaito speaks first. "What? But it's not the third day!"

"I think he's attacking because we got our reinforcements!" Cassie says. "What do we do?"

"We need to fight back," Kotal says. "We must lead our forces!"

Ashrah looks at the Emperor. "But Cao---"

Kotal cuts her off. "I know. Come with me." He looks at Kaito and says, "Kaito, can I trust you to lead the attack while I deal with this problem?"

"Of course," he says. He looks at Cao and places a hand on the thief's shoulder. "Hey, Cao... hang in there, alright?"

"What's going on?" Cassie asks.

Kaito looks back at her. "Nothing. Come on, let's go!"

He leads her away from the room as Kotal and Ashrah prepare to take Cao somewhere.

>A) Ask Kotal what he means to do
>B) Insist that you want to be part of the battle
>C) Tell Kotal to go; you will hang back and stay in the palace
>D) Follow Kotal
>E) Other
>>
>>47029435
>D) Follow Kotal
>>
>>47029435
>>
>>47029435
>D) Follow Kotal - while mentioning some solutions we have heard.
>>
>>47029435
>A
>D
>>
>>47029435
>C)
>>
>>47029487
>>47029502
>>47029514
>>47029549

Cao and Ashrah follow Kotal to the heart of the pyramid. "What do you mean to do?" Cao asks.

"I am taking you to my vault," he says. "There, the Kamidogu of Outworld is kept. "I believe that I can use the Kamidogu to separate his soul from yours."

"Are you certain this can happen?" Cao asks. "What will be the cost?"

"It could be great," Kotal says. "Shao Kahn will not allow himself to leave so easily. Someone will have to take the soul within him. But I have thought before on what I would do if ever I encountered Shao Kahn again, and I believe this may be the best course of action. I could take his soul within me."

"No!" Cao says. "There must be another way!"

"My will is great," Kotal says. "I may be able to resist him."

"There's something else," Ashrah says as they walk through the halls. "If the cost to remove Shao Kahn would be too great a toll, we can sacrifice my blade."

"The Kriss?" Kotal asks.

She nods. "I think we can use its power to bind Shao Kahn within Cao. Locking him away."

Kotal considers this. "That could work. But Shao Kahn would still be inside of Cao. And were those chains ever to weaken..."

"Blood Magik," a voice says, and they turn to see Skarlet approaching. "Blood Magik can be used."

"No," Kotal says. "I do not believe that would be best. Blood Magik would fuse their souls into one; Cao would be forever changed. And Shao Kahn's dominant soul may take full control."

They look at Cao, wondering what he means to do. His face is masked with uncertainty, but after a moment, he gives his answer.

>A) Use the Kamidogu of Outworld to remove Shao Kahn's soul from Cao, put it into Kotal
>B) Use Blood Magik to fuse your soul with Shao Kahn
>C) Sacrifice Ashrah's Kriss, Datusha, to bind Shao Kahn within him
>D) Put off on making this decision
>E) Other
>>
>>47029830
>D) Put off on making this decision
As much as it puts us at risk of the Blundergod's decisions, I want Raiden's opinion on how to do this. We know for a fact Raiden and Shao Kahn have history. Plus, we still need to use Shao Kahn's power right now to repel Onaga's attack.
>>
>>47029894
This. What about Shinnok's amulet? Could we store him in there?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 107

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.