[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bladebound Retainer Quest #3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: BBRQ Title Image 1.jpg (782 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BBRQ Title Image 1.jpg
782 KB, 1920x1080
>Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Bladebound%20Retainer%20Quest
>Previous Thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46928855/
>Twitter: https://twitter.com/TaskForceKaz

[STATS]
>Combat: +++
>Social: +
>Knowledge: ++

[Traits/Perks]
>Indomitable, Rank 1: Ignore the penalties imposed by Blood Loss. Does not negate health loss.
>Atelier of Death: Craft your own Bombs and Poisons
>Nimble Fingers: +30 to non-attack actions involving your hands (lockpicking, pickpocketing, etc.).

While Ellana may have saved your life, the potion she had forced down your throat did nothing to heal your other injuries. Namely the ones inflicted by the Ingulan twins, as well as the bolt hole in your left hand. Goddess’ Tears allegedly only pull the drinker from the thin edge between life and death, and was rumored to even bring back men and women minutes dead.

But that is all it does. It leaves the healing process up to the one who imbibed the potion, and the skill of the caretakers surrounding him.

The cold days pass by slowly as you spend your time recovering in Karthmere Keep. From outside the window, the harsh winter gradually abates in its intensity. Even though it continues to fall, the amount of snow left from the nights prior continually decreases. As the month goes by, the grip of winter will eventually cede its hold on the realm to the warmer seasons.

A week has passed since your conversation with Ser Palme. Since then, the wound in your hand has completely healed, and the only remnants of your foray against the Red Snakes are the scars to run along your body. Those would quickly fade with time, but the memories that came with them would not be so easily forgotten.

“…cus. Marcus? Marcus, are you listening to what I’m asking you?”

(cont.)
>>
File: Princess Ellana.jpg (49 KB, 316x484) Image search: [Google]
Princess Ellana.jpg
49 KB, 316x484
Ellana, stretching in her seat, affixes you with a pointed look. Her lips are pursed in a frown that tries so hard to look stern, but more than anything else comes off as petulant glare. The old man adjacent to her only adds a wry look in your general direction before turning a page of his book, a veritable monster of a tome.

Grimacing, you pull yourself out of reminiscence and go over how it all came to this.

You know your letters and numbers well enough and a little more to be able to read ciphers and measure reagents and extracts to the ounce. But beyond the kill orders and formulae, your knowledge of the wider world is little better than a fishmonger’s, if not worse depending on the market place. From hearsay, it’s said that the fishermen of the Grey Islands are as learned as a magister.

That was the point, though. Most of it, if not all of, your knowledge is more grounded in hearsay and the talk of smallfolk more than anything else. Lucien never bothered to add history lessons to your ‘apprenticeship’, and most of what Serena read aloud to the rest of the Locusts went through one ear and out the other. Maybe he would have begun deeper instruction, and maybe you’d muster up the patience to listen to her go on and on about distant places far away from the Empire.

But those are ‘maybes’ that you’ll never know.

Save for the more unpleasant bits of your childhood, your dearth of formal instruction came up when Ellana firmly insisted that you tell her more about yourself. As soon as that information came out of your mouth, a funny look came across her face. Then, she marched out of the room without a second glance backwards. For a blessed five minutes, there was a tranquil silence that you observed with the absence of her eager questions and talking.

(cont.)
>>
>>47089684
>As soon as that information came out of your mouth
I thought we were in agreement NOT to tell her about our past!
>>
File: Magister Ansell.jpg (57 KB, 600x816) Image search: [Google]
Magister Ansell.jpg
57 KB, 600x816
Then it all came crashing down when the princess returned, veritably dragging a bewildered older man in the grey-spun robes of a magister. You were able to put two and two together to get for, and no sooner did you do so when the she drove the metaphorical nail into the coffin. It was her desire that you would receive a formal instruction alongside her as your wounds would heal.

“Perhaps it is time to call for a break,” Magister Ansell said, with a smile that was not unkind.
He was old, the oldest man that you’ve ever seen. Ser Palme once wryly mentioned that all of the wrinkles were there when he entered into the Crowngard ten years ago, teaching long since when the royal family were still little and unborn. “I’m afraid that your new friend still may not be well enough to continue.”

You cough once to clear both the tense air and your throat as you sit up in your bed. Raising your hands in a recalcitrant gesture, you say, “…I’m afraid I had lost myself in thought…milady.” It still feels strange to have that word come off your tongue. But you can’t do anything about it, save to get used to addressing the nobility. “And for that, I apologize. But I do have a recollection of what we were talking about…”

>You will be able to take 50 on Knowledge Checks related to the subject.
>Choose a topic:
>Gods and Faiths [Religion]
>History of Kaithe [History]
>Nobles of Aderaveth [Nobility]

>>47089716
>Save for the more unpleasant bits of your childhood
'Twas watered down heavily. And filled in with Palme's backstory. Ran out of characters to add that in with, sorry for confusion.
>>
I just realized that this quest is a grittier version of princess guard quest
>>
>>47089741
>>Nobles of Aderaveth [Nobility]
Seems useful for the assassin
>>
>>47089741
>History of Kaithe [History]
History and worldbuilding is more interesting.
>>
>>47089741
>>Nobles of Aderaveth [Nobility]
I think this is the most useful for our job
>>
>>47089741
>>
>>47089741

We gonna know all them targets.
>>
>>47089764
That's a quest that's been on my reading list for the longest time. Judging from the votes on suptg, it seems to be held in high regard by the anons here.

Writing...
>>
>>47089824
Don't unless you want to take it as a lesson of how to not deal with shitposting.
>>
>>47089824
>it seems to be held in high regard by the anons here
Held in regard, yes. Not exactly high regard. It's one of the best examples of quest shitstorma.
>>
>>47089824
It's alright... It has shitpost galore though. Also, the waifuing oh lord the waifuing.
>>
>>47089824
It was one hell of a ride, that's for sure.
>>
>>47089850
He fucking railroaded the waifu, made the MC lose a fight after ridiculous rolls... That guy just took a shit on everything that he could shit on.
>>
>>47089929
>made the MC lose a fight after ridiculous rolls
B-but legendary magic sword
>>
>>47089942
B-b-buh creating situations were running is not an option and there's no chance of winning.
>>
>>47089929
Not to mention the whole premise was flawed. MC was supposed to be a bodyguard for the princess but it turns out that everyone else, including children, was more capable than him and any attempt to try to alleviate that was powergaming and must be punished.
>>
>>47089988
>>47089942
And making us roll for it too. Which was hillarious.

>Roll to automatically fail
>>
>>47090004
I remember the

>MUH MINMAXERS

Fun times. We're the personal bodyguard to the heiress of the kingdom but we're the trashiest in the castle and there's no way we can try to improve to live up to the task given to us.

THE MEMES ARE OUTTA CONTROL
>>
>>47090032
To be fair minmaxing in a game without character sheet is pretty stupid and QM railroaded hard the outcome of any battle.
>>
>>47090005
>>47090004
Christ, the author sounds like a cunt. I can understand having an MC that's weak, and will never be in the top 10 strongest, but constantly pushing for "lol you fail" no matter what sounds right cunty. At that point, why not just write your own goddamn story and have it up on Wordpress?
>>
>>47090072
We didnt know he was railroading hard until he took the massive shitblast in the duel. Before it was just rumours.

And minmax wasnt really minmaxing but trying to get some sort of skills to be able to do our supposed job. The waifufags called it minmaxing because buzzwords are cool or whatever.
>>
>>47090117
I think he said something about doing a visual novel. Maybe I dreamed that in a delirious fit of rage after the massive railroading.
>>
>>47090140
That's still shitty and no one will want to play a VN where you're shit no matter what and get punished for trying to be good.
>>
>>47090206
Now that you think of it, is there a way for the MC to lose a battle and not cause a shitstorm?
>>
File: THAT WAS HILARIOUS.png (253 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
THAT WAS HILARIOUS.png
253 KB, 500x371
>>47090206
At least they dont make you roll to fail in VN's

>Captcha: Select all images with noodles.

Yes captcha, it was exactly like that.
>>
>>47090243
Yeah, if there's a real way to win there's no shitstorm. If they tell you "actually you were gonna lose no matter what because magic legendary sword" then you kinda go "then why the fuck would you make an encounter like that?". It's the equivalent to rock falls everybody dies.
>>
>>47090243
Poor player decisions and bad rolls?
>>
>>47090120
>>47090206
Jesus Christ, what the hell actually happened? This shit sounds like ass.
>>
>>47090243
Maybe have a sort of a "Valiant Last Stand" that even your opponent has to acknowledge your intellect, skill, or resourcefulness?
>>
>>47090269
MC is assigned to be the guard of the princess, he's actually the trashiest character in the whole castle. Anons try, obviously, to gain some sort of power, they get cockblocked to oblivion. There's slight waifuwars but nothing serious.

Something happens and we have to duel the antagonist of the story (not supervillain tier, but rather disgusting character). We duel, roll ridiculously well, QM pulls a "this isnt even my final form", we still roll super-high, in the end he breaks our sword, we get our shit pushed inwards and QM admits not even if we straight critted every single roll we wouldnt have won.

Then he shits the bed and decides that picking a waifu is a harsh choice for anons and takes the choice for them with the sluttiest waifu in the cast.
>>
>>47089779
>>47089786
>>47089800
>>47089806

“…the nobles of Aderaveth, right? You were just going over the von Roies and the Goodyres a few minutes ago. And before them, the Mazurs, Pullmans and the other vassals sworn to the Crowmond banner.”

Ansell nods quietly. “Perhaps your mind is sharper than your injuries betray you for. You were able to recall their names with surprising cognition. But can you identify their sigils and words? Their territories and heirs?”

You frown, concentrating as hard as you could before exhaling in defeat. “Not the heirs, but a few of the banners, holdfasts and words. The von Roies are the rulers of the sole principality in the Empire, the Gomernt Vale, led by Alistair von Roie, the current Keeper of the Law. Their sigil is an inverted sword with a yellow-red sun backdrop, but the words escape me.”

“Acceptable. Do you think you can name one more before we move onto the other noble houses?”

“…the Belmores of Sellsmere. Horse on a purple banner, and their words are...‘Courage Calls Us Forward’. Makes sense since they field the best cavalry in the entire realm.” That you know as a fact when Lucien came back on a failed mission, cursing about the flight from their holdfast. “Oh, and their current leader is Lord Edmund Belmore, the heir and last surviving son of the late Robert Belmore, who suffered a stroke.”

Ellana seems impressed, but Ansell remains unmoved. “That will do for now, young Painel. You do not require my formal instruction as much as you need to read through the great libraries and commit this knowledge to heart. But I digress. It is almost noon, and it would be unwise to continue studying on an empty stomach.”

The old man gets up, with every bone in his body cracking as he stretches the kinks accumulated from three hours of tutoring. The princess winces, but you just take it in stride. You’ve heard worse from actual broken bones.

(cont.)
>>
>>47090326
I want the old guy to be our dadfu, he can reads us stories and we can take care of him when he's too old and strive to impress him like the attention starved son that we are ;_;
>>
>>47090432
No anon. We don't need no dad. No women either. I'm waiting for the part where Serena gets revived and starts shit talking us about stuff and breaks our heart.
>>
>>47090309
Fuck that's retarded
>>
>>47090505
Dont you prefer to heal the heart first before crushing it into small pieces anon?
>>
>>47090540
You werent even there to see the shitstorm. It was glorious. The shit assploded so hard it became particles of shit that were shoved into every pore of your being and dragged you across shittown through turd avenue.
>>
>>47090550
Time heals all wounds, yes. What's to say that the revival won't be after we've learned to forgive ourselves? Who am I kidding? We're never going to. We could have protected her anon. We could've.
>>
>>47089824
Weighing in here Kaz, if you do read PGQ take it as a lesson what NOT to do.
>>
File: Ser Palme.jpg (180 KB, 800x1203) Image search: [Google]
Ser Palme.jpg
180 KB, 800x1203
>>47090326

“When we return, we shall go over the other great houses of the Empire: Hastings, Lawcomb, Rosarn and Tarmond. For other noble families descended from those that bent the knee to the first Crowmond nearly four hundred years prior, and aided in his conquest of the continent…well, partial conquest at any rate. We shall go over those houses in great detail. And perhaps, if the day is still with us, we can broach the subject of our Empire’s history…”

Ansell continues to trail off on his own, lost in his thoughts, even though no one follows him out of the room. Ellana looks torn between following her tutor for lunch in the main hall, and staying with you for another ‘interrogation’. The sound of her stomach rumbling like a starving bear in winter eventually compels her to choose the former. With an embarrassed blush on her face as she makes her exit.

...finally, some peace and quiet-

The door bursts open with a loud noise, and Ser Orici Palme walks through as if he held ownership of the territory. Following him, a demure maidservant carries a basket of what looks like assorted foodstuffs. “Painel,” He greets you with a simple nod. “How was your tutoring session?”

You mutter something unintelligible as you sink back into the mattress that’s too fluffy for you to enjoy.

He grins. “I’ll take that as a good sign. Magister Ansell has a propensity for…long-winded and thoroughly detailed instructing, but he means well. You’ll get used to it as long as the princess wants you to stay with her.”

The maidservant sets down the food on the bedside table, keeping her face down as she arranges your meal. Bowing politely, she makes a quick retreat to the door behind Palme. You can’t stop your stomach from growling, but you have a little more self control in going after your food.

After swallowing two mouthfuls of bread, you return your attention to Palme. “So what brings you to this corner of the castle?"

(cont.)
>>
>>47089764
Princess Guard Quest: Reloaded Revengeance of the Return of the Bladebound Retainer
>>
>>47090627
I think nobody with more than 2 braincells can read that and thinks "THAT'S exactly what quests should be all about".

It's the dr.jekyll and mr hyde of quests.
>>
>>47090646
NOW WITH MORE RAILROADING.
>>
>>47090661
Nah that's: Train Simulator 2016: Princess Expansion Pack
>>
>>47089764
Not really, we're not trash-cans and not everybody is a fucking magical mary-sue from beyond. Also we level up our skills.
>>
>>47090671
Did you even bought the waifu dlc?
>>
>>47090693
Nope, I pirated it
>>
>>47090707
You fucking faggot, that's why we could only marry the slut.

I blame you for everything that went wrong.
>>
File: too many waifus.png (187 KB, 612x758) Image search: [Google]
too many waifus.png
187 KB, 612x758
>>47090693
>>
>>47090770
What
>>
>>47090638
He leans up against the wall, his armor scraping the stone as he finds a comfortable position for himself. “I finished talking with the healers. Your wounds seem to have healed for the most part, enough so that it won’t impede any extraneous physical activity. You did say you had some other pains though, just minor aches, am I right?”

You nod as you roll both shoulders in your socket. “Nothing that another three days of bedrest won’t fix on their own. Or a numbing tonic. It’ll hurt a bit, but it shouldn’t deter from my…” You pause, searching for the proper word to describe your talents. “…unique skills.”

“Good. Because the sooner we get you out of that bed and I see what you’re capable off, the quicker I can expedite your entry into the Crowngard. Prince Emeron is due to return with his Gryphon Knights within the week, and I want to make sure you’re in top condition before we present you to him.”

You look outside past the window, inspecting the snow-covered grounds of the keep itself. “I’ve trained in snow before, but this sounds a bit extreme, even for me…”

Snorting, Palme jerks a hand towards the door. “The Crownguard has their own private grounds to train. One that is protected from the outside elements. That way we can train as long as we want without worrying about freak rainstorms or the odd hail.

“So what do you say? Do you want to stay indoors and wait for a full recovery of your body? Or do you want to hop back onto the metaphorical horse right now, pain be damned?”

>Go out and follow Palme to the training grounds.
>Stay here and wait for the continuation of your lesson.
>>
>>47090770
How are you such a sloot? Harems a shit.
>>
>>47090811
>>Stay here and wait for the continuation of your lesson.
>>
>>47090811

I HAVE TO IMPRESS BIG BRO.
>>
>>47090811
>>Go out and follow Palme to the training grounds.
Pain is a reminder you're still living. The longer you stay bedridden, the more your skills deteriorate.

>>47090826
Anon, we are not Simon to Palme's Kamina.
>>
>>47090811

gogogogo
>>
>>47090811
>>
>>47090800
Some people really like trains. Some people really like specific trains.
>>
>>47090811
>>
>>47090811
>>
>>47090811
Extra training won't really help us much, it's not like we are going to improve that fast from a little extra training or that we are rusty or anything. Improving our actual physical condition comes first.
>>
>>47090872
We're gonna get pretty rusty if we keep bedridden so long. We're not gonna be doing flips and shit but doing something to not stay like a fucking vegetable sounds good.
>>
>>47090811
>>Stay here and wait for the continuation of your lesson.
I'd rather get healed first
>>47090898
It's only 3 more days you can't get rusty that fast
>>
>>47090811
>>47090898
It's only been three days. That sucks, but that's not going to cause any skill degradation.
>>
File: damn whores.png (4 KB, 249x40) Image search: [Google]
damn whores.png
4 KB, 249x40
>>47090770
What the actual fuck

Writing...
>>
>>47090929
>not wanting to be a railroad master like your spiritual predecessor
Gotta make some sacrifices
>>
>>47090907
ANON, PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT

NO POOSY
>>
>>47090929
5.5k in dlc.

THIS IS THE FUTURE WE CHOSE.
>>
File: prevented.jpg (66 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
prevented.jpg
66 KB, 666x666
>>47090929
>>
File: 1458072892383.gif (6 MB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1458072892383.gif
6 MB, 500x333
>there are people who don't want to train with renewed purpose
>>
Gonna go grab something to eat. Be back soon.
>>
>>47091059
Your PC will break again
>>
>>47091065
Anon I swear to fucking god I will force you to buy him a new pc if it happens.
>>
>>47090811
>Join Palme

Might as well. It's just minor aches, right?

Come on Sylviefags, it ended a long time ago. Let it fucking go.
>>
>>47091065
Are you the faggot that rolled three nat 1's in the first two threads of TF666?
>>
>>47091110
>Sylviefags
Sword was the only true option

Always by our side, never bitched and moaned
>>
>>47091132
>>47091132
Until it broke.
>>
File: NaviCute.jpg (125 KB, 563x800) Image search: [Google]
NaviCute.jpg
125 KB, 563x800
>>47091059
Kaz, can we get some sort of Fairy Sidekick in this quest?
I feel like we should have one, no we're meant to have one!
>>
>>47091110
Who really cared about the waifu wars? They were all about the same, if it actually was a VN they would all have the same face too. Although we were railroaded into literally the worst one.
>>
>>47091177
I hate you.
>>
>>47091179
Why the fuck would you want something that glows as a sidekick for an assassin? The fuck?
>>
>>47091208
The mark of a skilled assassin is not being able to sneak around in the dark, but being able to remain unseen in the light.
Also, Fairy Sidekicks are awesome and we should have one.
>>
>>47091179
>all of Kaz' quests have fairy sidekick for MC

>when magic isn't real in the setting it's instead the hallucination of a fairy sidekick
>>
>>47091218
It's like the Orb in Larro Quests.
>>
>>47091216
>inb4 this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmkxsQnNujI
>>
>>47091216
No, that's retarded. You need to be molded by the darkness to be an assassin.
>>
>>47091263
You think the darkness is your ally?
>>
>>47091263
Eh both are important.
>>
>>47091257
Being compared to Jack is pretty much guaranteed to give someone a raging erection.
>>
>>47091284
I WAS BORN IN IT.
>>
>>47091263
>he doesn't understand that a good assassin is never seen, whether hiding in shadows or plain sight

This is why you get caught.
>>
>>47091346
>Ever assasinating out of the shadows

Stop playing buttcreed ya dumdums.
>>
>>47091308
I just hope the new series is half as good as the original.
>>
>>47091346
What if getting caught is part of our plan?
>>
>>47091375
Then you must be crashing your carriage.

With no survivors.
>>
>>47091374
It'll never be the same.

RIP, Mako.
>>
>>47091391
I just love baneposting, never get sick of it.
>>
>>47091216
something like this then?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seKaU-qQuts
>>
>>47090638
btw Kaz, if you're looking for heraldries....
>>47078815
and check the archives for the previous thread which has a dropbox link.
>>
What happened to the older princess? we finished the last thread off with her barging in on us. Also who else is looking forward to critfailing the crownguard entrance exams? I hope this doesn't happen and I'm just being a pessimist.
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>47091512
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>47091512
She probably made her smartass remark, made introductions then timeskip.
>>
>>47091512
We have a really good combat modifier. We would have to channel the inner crackbitch to fuck it up so badly that we dont get in.
>>
How old is MC?
>>
>>47091512
nah, we stumble around the castle the night before, trigger the mage tower's defenses, then heavily injure Palme in a blind memory-induced fury

or

we roll so well he doesn't see it happen
>>
>>47091549
Well its been a while since JJ had any spotlight. The dice gods may be on the lookout for a new crackbitch.
>>47091554
18 I think
>>
>>47091564
We can't do the first, we don't have any throwing knives

and I think the second counts as passing
>>
>>47091579
IT'S D100, YOU CAN'T CRACKBITCH D100, YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER D100.
>>
>>47091579
I miss crusty.
>>
>>47091587
Nicole didn't need throwing knives
>>
Rolled 97 + 30 (1d100 + 30)

Keep tempting the dice gods
>>
>>47091640
We could have used that roll.
>>
>>47091632
I may have made a joke about a different idiot who stumble around a mage's tower and fucked everything up.

People should fucking avoid mage's towers
>>
>>47090826
>>47090835
>>47090839
>>47090841
>>47090853
>>47090857

Your fingers flex around empty air. It feels almost alien, not to have a weapon in your hands, or at your belt. It’s almost a force of habit now, just as natural as breathing, to carry a blade. You’d never go so far as to say that it’s like missing a limb. You’re not that attached to bladed implements.

But it does itch something awful, without steel on your body. That, and the fact that one more week of sitting in this room is going to drive you completely crazy. And that isn’t even taking into consideration the decline of your condition. A week was fine, two was pushing it. Three is going a bit too far for your comfort.

The desire to go to the training grounds has nothing to do at all with escaping from Ellana’s older sister, who was just so insistent on giving you a thorough look over. Something about how you’re only somewhat acceptable as a retainer in terms of look. And how she was going to drop in ‘whenever she had free time’.

>“I’ll be back whenever I can, my sweet little sister. I still need to educate you on the finer points of…”

Thank the gods for tender mercies, because Ansell was steadfastly stubborn about her intrusions on Ellana’s lessons.

You give a wan smile to Palme. “Yeah. I’m feeling a little restless myself just sitting here. And besides, the sooner we take care of this, the better it is for the both of us, right?”

“Aye, that it is,” He nods. “And I’m glad to hear it. Now hurry up. It’s best to be off quickly…”

You toss the covers off of the bed, and pull yourself up. Grabbing the pair of boots lying by the bedside table, you slide them on as you put on a fresh set of clothing. Actual clothing, not that rough-spun crap that you’ve been used to wearing. And stealing, for that matter.

(cont.)
>>
Wait a moment. “My armor…my weapons…where did you…”

“It’s been taken care of,” Palme reassures you as you start walking from your room. “I took the liberty of having them repaired as best as I could. Mind you, it wasn’t an easy task for our smith. It’s seen a lot of action, and not too much maintenance.”

You cough. “Not much of an opportunity to have the coin to repair them. And as for my weapons, most of the throwing knives I’ve used were stolen from dead gangers.”

“Fair enough. Oh, Irina?”

The maidservant curtsies to Palme. “Yes, milord?”

“Make sure that Princess Ellana and Magister Ansell know that I’ve taken Painel out to the training grounds. It would be quite the nasty surprise to find him gone without any explaination.”

“Yes, milord.”

The walk from your room to the barracks of the Crowngard takes the better portion of twenty minutes. Your steps take you down winding passages and twisting corridors of stone and mortar, all furnished with paintings of nobles long gone, macabre war trophies or displays of wealth. The castle guards stand to attention when Palme passes by, all the while affixing you with narrowed eyes. They know who you are by Ellana’s actions alone.

But they don’t know who you are.

One corridor and flight of stairs later finds both you and Palme standing before a great wooden door, almost ten feet in height and reinforced with metal bars. At the apex of the stone arch, the symbol of a crown encircled by a shield displays prominently in the torchlight.

Palme presses his hands to the entrance, and gives a mighty push. The doors groan as they swing inwards, too smoothly to be unaided by some kind of mechanism. A wheel of some sort. Without any further ceremony, he gestures for you to follow him into the room.

>You enter the barracks of the Crowngard.

(cont.)
>>
>>47091827
>repaired our broken blade
>or worse tossed it out
>>
>>47091878
Wait, we named our sword, right?
>>
>>47091878
Only the pommel had the important bits. A skilled blacksmith could easily notice that part and dismantle it, or just not touch it.
>>
>>47091361
There's no Shadow assassinating in AssCreed Anon. Only haystack, gazebo, bench, corner, Air, double, and ledge assassinating.
>>
>>47091903
Did we? I dont recall that.
>>
>>47091926
That's what I meant. You're an assasin and you never use the darkness. Tenchu > buttcreed.

Even splinter cell > buttcreed.
>>
>>47091943
So we should be more like Agent 47?
>>
>>47091903
Only cunts name their swords.
>>
>>47091943
In the latest two you can kind of use the shadows because they added a crouch. But my favorite assassin game is Skyrim, sneaking up behind someone and slitting their throat with a knife is so damn satisfying in that game.
>>
>>47091959
I wouldnt mind being a classy assasin. No bald though.
>>
>>47091975
>skyrim
>being anything other than stealth archer
>>
File: The work of a genius.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The work of a genius.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>47091975
Hitting someone and having them go "WHERE IS HE" and then calm down 5 secs later while the arrow is still embedded in his head makes it so immersive.
>>
>>47091985
what if Markus is ALREADY bald?
>>
>>47091995
Sword and board is pretty fun.
>>
>>47091975
IT.JUST.WERKS.

>>47092001
We go on a quest to regrow our hair.
>>
Shit in late to the thread

Voting for
>DECLARE UNDYING LOYALTY
if it's an option while I catch up with the thread
>>
>>47091998
>>47092011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7trmEmI5Js
>>
>>47092016
We already declared undying loyalty bubby, you're too late.
>>
>>47091995
That's also great.
>>47091998
Never happened to me.
>>
>>47092025
>No sweet little lies.

Come on anon, bring the hardest memes down.
>>
File: 1306347147223.jpg (28 KB, 454x284) Image search: [Google]
1306347147223.jpg
28 KB, 454x284
I like this quest pretty well Kaz, I just wish you had picked a less cute pic for the princess.
>>
>>47092047
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvGXCisAaR4 here it is senpai
>>
>>47092036
Todd get out.
>>
>>47092025
I rarely had any problems like that, a couple times the world disappeared, but nothing really bad.
>>
>>47092059
INFINITE RADIANCE AI MOUNTAINS.
>>
File: Constanzo.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Constanzo.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>47092075
>Bethesdrones in damage control
>>
Todd vs Molyneux no items final destination. Who wins?
>>
>>47092059
HE WASNT IN THE CHESS CLUB. BOO THAT MAN.
>>
File: Crowngard at Lunch.png (2 MB, 2234x1304) Image search: [Google]
Crowngard at Lunch.png
2 MB, 2234x1304
>>47091827
The main reception room at the entrance is the size of a longhouse, complete with the benches and other furnishings to make a soldier feel at ease. On a raised dais, a separate table stands alone, with a grand wooden chair placed at its center. The Crowngard crest is carved into the varnished wood. You have a feeling that this is where the rumored ‘Lord Commander’ would sit at meals or meetings.

A series of doors are scattered along the walls, with placards nailed onto them to give indication to their destinations. Six doors marked in ascending numerical order give you an idea that those are the barracks of the soldiers, one entrance for every member of the royal family. The other doors are marked with various symbols of their own: a soup bowl (kitchen, most likely), an anvil (blacksmith, presumably) and so on and so forth.

There are only three people currently in the main entrance hall, supping on their midday meal. A young red-haired woman in the armor of a knight washes her meal down with a tankard of what you hope is water. In a distant corner, an Ingulan man with silver hair leans against the wall as he runs his knife along a wood carving, longbow gently resting on a nearby bench. To complete the trio, a young man in black robes writes something down in a journal of some sort.

At Palme’s entrance, they cease their activities, stand up and put their hands over their chests. But before they can open their mouths, he waves them down with a dismissive gesture. “At ease. I’ve never been one to stand on ceremony, and I have no desire to start anytime soon. Only in official ceremonies, lads. And lass.”

“Anyway, this is our last prospective join, courtesy of Princess Ellana’s recommendation. This is Marcus Painel, and we're gonna test his mettle on the Floor."

>“Nice to meet you.”
>“They don’t look like much.”
>“These are the best of the best, huh?”
>“Why did they salute you?”
>Custom option.
>>
>>47092089
Molyneux is already kil so I say Todd wins.
>>
>>47092108
>“Nice to meet you.”
>>
>>47092108
>>“Nice to meet you.”
>>
>>47092108
>>“These are the best of the best, huh?”
>>
>>47092108
>>“Nice to meet you.”
Let's not shit with the people we're going to work with right away.
>>
>>47091995
>>
>>47092108
>>“Nice to meet you.”
>>
>>47092108
>“Nice to meet you.”

Omg you had to bring a knightfu to the playground.

KAZ WHY THE FUCK DO YOU MAKE IT SO DIFFICULT TO STAY FAITHFUL.
>>
>>47092108
>“Nice to meet you.”
>>
>>47092108
>“Nice to meet you.”
>>
>>47092108
>/tg/ picks the fuccboi option
Sasuga /tg/
>>
>>47092151
I just want to bonk plates with the redhead.
>>
>>47092108
>“Nice to meet you.”
>>
>>47092108
>“They don’t look like much.”
>>
>>47092169
Disgusting
>>
>>47092169
Just make sure she doesn't hear the *ping* down there.
>>
>>47092179
-ly great.
>>
>>47092151
A basic level of courtesies is fuccboi now?
>>
>>47092176
WOAEOW making friends on the first day.
>>
Things we need to be able to do: >>47090362
>>
>>47090243
Aspiring Emperor Quest had Blackwater. Bullshit nigh invincible vampire lich, the entire battle was a super tense race against time as anons kept trying to guess the gimmick; successful rolls and critting the character's best skill only temporarily damaged him. Ultimately lost (though some anons came super close to guessing)

That miniboss was so well received he basically ascended to meme status in quest, and when aspie rebooted the quest there was basically unanimous support to recruit the guy this time around

shame aspie got butt blasted and just quit the reboot as well

Shadow Quest had some pretty solidly written "oh shit nigga you fucked up and took the worst option possible are you serious your choises resulted in your waifu being maimed" losses too, though SM railroaded pretty bad in the end
>>
>>47092210
Nigga with our combat modifier we can do that no biggy.
>>
>>47092210
Murder a bunch of chucklefucks who don't know what they are doing?

We already can.
>>
File: Unpleasant.png (75 KB, 789x346) Image search: [Google]
Unpleasant.png
75 KB, 789x346
>>47092188
>>
>>47092108
>>“Why did they salute you?”
>>
>>47092241
Specially if they stop their strikes so we can look cooler.
>>
>>47092241
At least they attacked simultaneously.
>>
>>47092217
Blackwater is powerful enough to overpower the dice gods on occasion.
>>
>>47092210
Things we should be doing.
>>
>>47092108
>>
>>47092217
Why'd he get so butthurt the second time around?
>>
>>47092286
Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
Is talking about other quests here going to be the norm?
>>
>>47092301
There isn't much else to do between the posts
>>
>>47092301
In between posts we just talk whatever. Shitposting is allowed.
>>
>>47092313
>Shitposting is allowed.
BQ player detected
>>
>>47092229
What is our combat equivalent to really? I need some kind of measure.
>>
>>47092337
Just believe it's very good. It's a +30 in best of three 1d100
>>
>>47092301
When we know more about the world and characters we'll probably spend more time talking about what's going on here in BR, but at the moment there isn't much else to discuss.
>>
>>47092335
He didn't say it was encouraged, or that it was all he knew.

He's obviously not from Banished.
>>
>>47092335
If you dont shitpost, you dont belong here.

>>47092353
Was it +30 or +45? I cant remember because we had a bunch of negative modifiers on the combat part.
>>
>>47092370
To be fair BQ has been great ever since Chryssa got cucked
>>
>>47092380
I havent read BQ in a billion years, what cuckery happened? Pls explen.
>>
File: latest.png (72 KB, 1044x342) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
72 KB, 1044x342
>>47092353
Yeah, but what's that equal to in world? How good is Palme for example? How good would someone like Jaime Lannister be?

Also, posting weapons we should get.

This one was made from a broken sword.
>>
I don't mind shitposting as long as it doesn't reach the bump limit too quickly. Just keep it in check and we'll be good to go.

Writing...
>>
>>47092400
One night Soma got drunk and asked players to roll during sex. We got triple 1s so he made it that Mik broadcasted sex to his whole party via the brooches
>>
>>47092420
Holy fuck, so the shitposting wasnt the anons but the QM himself.

>>47092412
Type faster and we wont be reaching the bump limit too quickly.

MUSH WRITESLUT MUSH.
>>
>>47092436
Everyone knows Soma regularly shitposts to the max in his quests, and especially his IRC.
>>
>>47092410
Just think that on a 1d100 we have +30 which makes even the worse rolls almost average. And that's considering this is the beginning, with more training and traits we can become a fucking murder machine.
>>
File: latest-1.png (82 KB, 1044x342) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
82 KB, 1044x342
>>47092448
Fair.
>>
>>47092436
If you want to see it in its full glory http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/40700715/#p40708200
>>47092444
BQ shitposts actually are funposts unlike in many other quests
>>
File: Alucard 1.jpg (27 KB, 349x348) Image search: [Google]
Alucard 1.jpg
27 KB, 349x348
>>47092448
>can become a fucking murder machine.
>>
>>47092410
Idk rather than be thinking about staple weapons I kinda like the idea of the MC being this super-versatile assasin that can use a fork as a weapon of doom. Sounds way cooler to me.
>>
>>47092410
I'm guessing Palme has a +40-50 at least.

Probably more.

But he ain't got shit on some old dude on a mountain somewhere who fought his entire life and has +90 to his combat rolls. You know he's out there, damn you.
>>
>>47092463
Fucking mountain grandpas being all mystic and shit.
>>
>>47092461
>I'm going to kill you with my teacup...

Natural nightvision when?
>>
>>47092286
Dunno, just an assumption

He kept delaying threads iirc, and then one day just skipped a scheduled thread that he'd tweeted would happen and stopped answering his ask. He was a good writer and the setting had fantastic lore but he also had a penchant for fucking stupid trap options all "hurr durr you should have known that the second cousin of the diplomat you tried to seduce had a blood feud with the former Duke of that other nation's ambassador, if only you read the lore gdoc you might have guessed god nobody understandsy nonexistent hints"

Couldn't write romance (or females) for shit without writing himself into a hole either

I suppose it's possible he died or something given how far he dropped off the face of the earth :(
>>
File: Durrdevil.jpg (117 KB, 590x367) Image search: [Google]
Durrdevil.jpg
117 KB, 590x367
>>47092486
>Using your eyes

What are you a faggot?
>>
>>47092461
>how were you planning to kill me with no sword?
>I was going to take yours
>>
>>47092505
>implying anything is better than listening to Diesel's dulcet tones

I think I'm turning gay from the amount of fag-musk you're producing.
>>
So guys what would you prefer the character to head in the assasination department, more of a "all according to keikaku" guy or "I dont need to plan, I can murder you with a napkin"?
>>
File: Snake-Pistol--34779.jpg (72 KB, 800x634) Image search: [Google]
Snake-Pistol--34779.jpg
72 KB, 800x634
>>47092410
>>
>>47092555
You better suck my dick then, anon, because I aint going nowhere.
>>
>>47092591
>I dont need to plan, I can murder you with a napkin
I don't trust /tg/ with keikakus
TN: keikaku means plan.
>>
>>47092591
>"I dont need to plan, I can murder you with a napkin"

Which is what we've been portrayed as. We' not a schemer, we're a remover.
>>
File: FUCKING SNEKS.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING SNEKS.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>47092600
>>
>>47092607
Hold on, let me get Hubble on the line, maybe call the magic school bus.
>>
>>47092608
>TN: keikaku means plan.
Don't know why, but that made me chuckle
>>
>>47092591
Both. We make plans and attempt to execute them, but are skilled enough that if something goes wrong we can easily adapt. Mainly the latter though.
>>
>>47092623
Anon please, it was an honest request to have torrid love-making in this thread. Why you have to be mean?
>>
>>47092633
Because I'm trying, dammit, and I'm nearly blind!

Why are you so inconsiderate!?
>>
>>47092644
I dont make the rules, I just go with it.
>>
Rip Kaz
>>
File: Baybleds.jpg (50 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Baybleds.jpg
50 KB, 480x360
>>47092706
I didnt know Kaz was into Beyblade
>>
>>47092706
It's 2am for him and he's also a slow boy. Once he goes past an hour then start to get concerned.
>>
>>47092726
Should we all chip-in to get Kaz some typing lessons?
>>
>>47092743
It'd be a better idea to give him a new computer.
>>
>>47092722
Beys quest when?
>>
>>47092743
FUck that everyone chip in to have someone write for Kaz as he dictates
>>
File: Raleigh.jpg (84 KB, 488x613) Image search: [Google]
Raleigh.jpg
84 KB, 488x613
They’re similar to the Black Alley Locusts in that they regard you with suspicion and apprehension upon first meeting. Except that they adopt a more…studious and cautious stance, ranging from feigned disinterest to all-out narrowed eyes and furrowed brows. Just like Palme. These guys don’t fuck around. You don’t even need another thirty seconds to tell you that they take their jobs extremely seriously.

First impressions last forever. And if Prince Emeron was going to be impressed enough to let you stay on the Crowngard, it’s best to give your prospective comrades a friendly enough greeting. Well, as friendly as you can considering all the shit that’s happened.

“Greetings..,” You say tentatively, with a slight inclination of the head. “Like Ser Palme said, my name is Marcus Painel. And it’s nice to meet you. You must be the best of the best to make it to the Crowngard.”

The redhead snorts, and holds out a gauntleted hand. “That’s the nicest thing I’ve heard all week. I’m Bellatrix Lupine, the first of Princess Adrianna’s retainers. It’s good to see a new face around here. More manpower is always welcome here.”

You give a tight smile as you shake her hand. Her grip is quite strong. It nearly crushes your wrist.

The Ingulan continues to study you further with pensive eyes. On the other hand…

“So this is the vagrant that Princess Ellana picked up off the streets?” The man in black robes regards you with a look of disgust, a sneer. “I’ll give him this much: he’s got talent, tons of it as a matter of fact. But I still think it was a waste of her potion. There’s no way a mere adventurer is gonna make Prince Emeron’s standards, or ours, for that matter.

(cont.)
>>
"Ser, I think it would be best for us to just send him back on the road and wash ourselves of him. We’re shorthanded, but not desperate enough to lower our standards.”

The silence is so profound that you can hear a pin drop.

>“I’m sorry, who are you?”
>“Who the hell are you to say that?”
>“Try me. I just might surprise you.”
>“Do you want to know how I got these scars?”
>Custom option.
>>
>>47092769
You know, say what you want about the board and how unnecessary the whole debacle was, but /qst/ would probably be good for Kaz's write speed and schedule.
>>
>>47092785
>>“Try me. I just might surprise you.”
>>
>>47092785
>>“I’m sorry, who are you?”
>>
>>47092785
>Custom option.
Smile. Just smile.
>>
>>47092785
>>
>>47092785
>>
>>47092785
>“I’m sorry, who are you?”
>“Try me. I just might surprise you.”
>>
>>47092785
1v1 me fag
>>
Rolled 50 + 30 (1d100 + 30)

>>47092785
>>“I’m sorry, who are you?”
>>Custom option.
Swipe something off of him, because why not
>>
I blame my delay on vote counting, dialogue rewrites and other miscellaneous shit. Especially this fucker in particular. His character was a bitch to create without making him into a stereotype.

Writing...
>>
>>47092839
Dont worry kaz, we'll kill him to make your job easier.
>>
File: 7.png (85 KB, 376x243) Image search: [Google]
7.png
85 KB, 376x243
>>47092839
>His character was a bitch to create without making him into a stereotype.

About that Kaz....
>>
>>47092785
Get a read on him. Shake his hand even. Then steal something off of him. Our hands are fast.
>>
Rolled 55 + 30 (1d100 + 30)

>>47092850
>Dont worry kaz, we'll critfail to make your job harder.
Fixed.
>>
>>47092785
>>Custom option.
We should just stare at him.

Who really gives a damn what he thinks? It's obviously not his decision anyway.
>>
>>47092839
Hey writing well, but also fast is not easy.

Still a slowpoke tho ;)
>>
>>47092862
Let's just say that he has his reasons for being hostile and leave it at that.

Writing...
>>
>>47092879
He's a pedo and wants to rape the princess.

WE MUST MURDER HIM.
>>
>>47092879
Those Ingulans we killed were family?
>>
>>47092879
He's a prick.
>>47092899
Nah the Ingulan just stared at us.
>>
>>47092899
He's not the Ingulan. The Ingulan didn't say anything and is just studying us.
>>
>>47092899
Ingulans have brown skin. He's white as far as I can tell, or I need to get new glasses.

But that's a plot point that's eventually gonna come.

Writing...
>>
>>47092910
He's just a grade A faggot, and we're about to quickscope his ass into submission.
>>
>>47092915
We are so going to critfail with all the shittalking.
>>
>>47092908
>>47092910
>>47092912
Derp, misread. So was the Mage buddies with the sangromancer we killed?
>>
>>47092927
I mis-worded that. And no member of hte Crowngard would be associated with someone practicing blood magic. Tis forbidden, sempai, along with Necromancy.

Someone else is gonna come looking for blood. Not our new friend here. But enough spoilers.

Back to writing...
>>
>>47092912
hey kaz give us some shit to chew on while we wait for you. Not necessarily a straight infodump, but we've got nothing to talk about WRT BBR right now.

I can't even tell if this is grimdark or noblebright desu.
>waifu raped to death in backstory
>entire crew murdered
>John Wick'd a gang in revenge and flayed a miniboss alive
>rescued by innocent and naive princess
>princess' retainer, a grizzled veteran, rather than straight up murdering us gave us a job
>nobody has judged us or lynched us despite us being forthright about ourselves

Is this a high powered setting? How does magic work? Is it in our interests to learn at least basic cantrips (if they exist) or enchantment? Is power level determined solely by skill, or equipment? Where do we stand on the power scale? How do we git gud?
Is being a skillmonkey to our benefit? Is being a smooth talker good? Is this going to be a high combat setting? etc etc

fa/tg/uy questers are minmaxers at heart and letting us think up ways to git gud is always fun
>>
>>47092924
Ur mums gonna critfail. I'm gonna roll a 100 to shrek you and you'll see, everyone will see.
>>
>>47092951
Grimdark working its way to Nobledark.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.