[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mtg: Standard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: IMG-20160430-WA0000.jpg (16 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160430-WA0000.jpg
16 KB, 225x300
Beating 20$ meme decks on Gameday edition.

So, how was your gameday anon? Did you made it to top8? Reached the glory and the Gameday Champion playmat? Did you play the meme deck? I just cant believe someone had the balls to play that pile of shit DESU. Its like paying 10$ for a prpmotional uncommon.
>>
File: superfriends.png (476 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
superfriends.png
476 KB, 1920x1080
>>47032004
>So, how was your gameday anon?
Just fine. Picked up some hours at work beforehand because the executive chef asked if I could come in that morning. I mean out at 1 AM and back to work at 7 AM was pretty balls, but it's money in the bank.

>Did you made it to top8?
Yeah, 3rd.

>Reached the glory and the Gameday Champion playmat?
Nope. Lost to that guy.

>Did you play the meme deck?
I played "A" meme deck, I don't think it's "THE" meme deck.

This is what I played. It was fucking awesome.
>>
How does it feel knowing the hundreds of dollars you spend each rotation is essentially flushing money down the toilet?
>>
>>47032139
That looks like a half decent deck, not particularly memey at all.

$20 meme deck is that brain in a jar deck.
>>
>>47033012
What about the brain deck that channel fireball made?
>>
>>47032004
I was in a room of 12 people and was the only one not playing white. I took 5th.
>>
>>47033343
But was there a variety of white or was it all bant co and monowhite humans, what were you playing?
>>
>>47032956
I spent about 180 bucks last fall and haven't had to do anything more than 1 or 2 dollar cards to build whatever I want that competes in any of the four local metas.

If you don't have a card shop available (that isn't jews) I understand why you might not like standard. But I've done four decks at T2 or better off a single investment and it's been quite a great time thanks for asking.
>>
>>47033390
U/W spirits from the Top8 was the only variation on W, W/G, W/G/U
>>
>>47033390
>>47033500

I was playing jund werewolves
>>
>>47033500
U/W Spirits is a cool deck archetype I've been wanting to build one.
>>
File: 29275.png (181 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
29275.png
181 KB, 265x370
Went 3-2, lost first round of top 8.
Running Jund Eldrazi. I'm not exactally satisfied with it, but it does decent enough I guess. The goals is to just slowly advance lower-end eldrazi with CoCo and Dust Stalker as curve toppers.
The problem is most things are 3 drops. Forerunner of Slaughter, Reaver Drone, and potentially Endless One are the only things I have for the early game. Because of this it has a real tough time with White in general, who can outrace and outvalue me.
The manabase is also weird. I need to run evolving wilds because it's 3 color, which means I'm getting a slower start than I would like too.

I'm really considering Jund Vamps too, which is essentially R/B splash green for CoCo, but it suffers the same problem with not being able to race white and has a slower manabase.
>>
>>47032956
feels good man
>>
>>47032004
>tffw bough a booster box and didn't get her
>>
Only 7 people showed, so I took in 4th, and got our top promos by default. Brought BR vamps.
>>
Hey guys, I asked in the MTG Modern general, not realizing that most FNMs are Standard. Basically, my buds and I are new to the deck, and until I unload all of my YGO shit, I need to stick to a budget deck. I'm really fond of Green/White. Can you guys recommend me something that won't get completely stomped at an FNM?
>>
>>47032004
went 6th in the first. won the second. no i played GWr tokens.

>>47032139
i played something similar to this but i went more tokens. the gideons and nahiris should be switched imo. also, hangerback depending on the meta is just bad. considering all the exiling running around it just seems meh for maindeck. i had them sideboard and they did much better.

also unsure if angelic purge should be played over declaration in stone.

how were raptors? i played the tireless trackers and i was a bit underwhelmed.

>>47032956
i don't care. i make good money so i have no regrets spending it on something i enjoy.
>>
Want to ask.
I see that some origin stuffs like Pyromancer Googles, Knight of White Orchid and Dark Petition are kinda expensive now compared to what they used to be.
What made them rise? Standard? Modern? EDH?
>>
>>47035480

I gave you a reply in the Modern thread as well
>>
>>47035480
Standard.
Goggles is bananas in ramp decks where you can either beat them out with something like Atarka/World Breaker or just cast a Fall of the Titans using goggles to do a fuckton of damage in one fell swoop.
Knight is fantastic in white weenies. Two drop that gets you ahead on mana, on top of having first strike.
Petition is seeing play in more control decks because it can net you something like season's past, aka, answers.
>>
>>47035586
>>47035593
Thanks guys. Have to unload them before rotation then.
>>
Me and my "homebrew" G/W humans got into top 8 by default.

Got plenty of help with my deck after the fact, all the players were really friendly. Walked out of there with a better deck than I walked in with, and my deck will still be standard relevant by next year, while all the gay shit will be gone. God bless Innistrad.

8/10, had a blast.
>>
I played the memedeck

Went 3-1, losing to mono-white humans

Not bringing it again because I'm fairly sure it'll get hated out
>>
>>47032004
i played the 10€ memedeck, br madness
and i got the Top8 promo Unmaking thanks to a last turn bye
also
>go for the 10€ x 3boosters combo promoted by LGS
>arlinn and dark dwellers
was a good day
>>
File: Night time is the right time.gif (1 MB, 312x320) Image search: [Google]
Night time is the right time.gif
1 MB, 312x320
Played the Jaddi Offshoot GR Ramp deck at my LGS and won 1st place. Finals was me vs. Season's Past Control. Interesting matchup.
>>
File: t8_buitenhuis.jpg (55 KB, 400x605) Image search: [Google]
t8_buitenhuis.jpg
55 KB, 400x605
>Yugioh and League of Legends greaseball goes 15-0 in his first ever MtG Grand Prix

MAGIC NERDS BTFO
>>
>So, how was your gameday anon?
More like game-weekend but it was ok. Played 2 events sat. and 1 sun

>Did you made it to top8?
In events 1 and 3 I did.

>Reached the glory and the Gameday Champion playmat?
Event #3 saw me to success even though I had to put down a friend to get there.

>Did you play the meme deck?
U/R Goggles list, idk what the meme deck is, guess I'm out of the loop.
Fevered Visions is such a workhorse against any sort of control deck
>>
File: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.gif (27 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.gif
27 KB, 200x200
Ran RW Humans based around Odric, Thalia LT, and other cheesedick white weenie with effects.

Their faces when you sac devil tokens to flip westvale into Ormendahl. Poor kid in the final round shoulda been wearing his brown pants, he had no idea what hit him. Took 3rd.
>>
>>47032004
First game day came 1st, second game day was first in the swiss but lost in the first round against someone I beat in the swiss.

Running Mardu Walkers, Chandra/Nahiri/Sorin/Kalitas/Dankdwellers as wincon/value engines. Rest is removal, card advantage and manlands.

four sideboarded sin-prodders should probably have been mainboard, brought them in alot and they did shit tons of work (see rabblemaster for an idea of the value).
>>
Guys what do you think of my Idea: Play silverfur Partisan together with Zada Hedron grinder and Cantrips the likes of expedite aswell as other single target instant boosts (+/+, untap/hexproof/indestructable spells). Add Cryptolith rite. Could that work as a standard deck?

What will happen is whenever you play a single target spell on zada it will copy it for all your wolves and produce you an additional wolf for each. If its a cantrip you may draw like 5 cards for a single mana easily. With untap spells and cryptolith rite you can proliferate the combo endlessly until you just oneshit your enemy (turn 4 if your lucky)
>>
>>47037223
but wolves are shit
>>
>>47037279
hundreds of hasted wolves still kill people :^)
>>
>>47037315
If you want to build a shitton of tokens just make a memedeck. It's probably more reliable than Silverfur + Zada combo
>>
>>47037223

I've seen people try and play that deck and there's lists somewhere, does alright. Check the mtgsalvation forums.
>>
>>47035650
whats your deck m8
>>
Well, here in my LGS, a guy added black to the Meme brain deck. He got the playmat and fucked me with infinite obliteration takong my seers and reality smashers.
Tried to push damage with avacyn but he had the answers. His winning con wasnt the zombie sorcery, but the sorcery that makes me sacrifice a creature or lose 5 lifes twice.
>>
>>47032004
I got 2nd with RDW and got no card above 1€ in my prize packs. Just end me.
>>
>>47039662
Sounds interesting, did you ask for a list?
>>
Came in close to last with my GW Investigate brew although I didn't face any of the Pro Tour copypasta decks. It was still fun, I was glad to see non-copypasta decks do well.
>>
Got the playmat playing UW Humans.
I'm surprised I got there, I had to play against GB Seasons Past Twice.

Last game was clutch, won off a mull to 5 because of chaining 3 Thalia's Lieutenants in a row.
>>
>>47035316
> the gideons and nahiris should be switched imo.
gideons do almost nothing. na-hee-hee kills dudes, exiles goggles, cycles chaff (or puts raptors in the yard), and fetches atarka or linvala to close the game.

>also unsure if angelic purge should be played over declaration in stone.
purge is a sac outlet for the walkers. i won a match doing exactly this while the ground was locked up.
>walker on 5
>cast purge. sac this, exile your guy. trigger
>make 5 tokens

>how were raptors? i played the tireless trackers and i was a bit underwhelmed.
raptors were amazing
>>
>>47036924
Pretty sure he has had good experiences in higher level competitive gaming.

As long as you don't make your own mistakes and are not very unlucky, anybody can go 15-0 in the current metagame.
>>
Poorfag here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR32Jj1Ehu4&ab_channel=TheManaSource

MAIN DECK
3 Breakneck Rider
4 Duskwatch Recruiter
4 Geier Reach Bandit
3 Hermit of the Natterknolls
3 Kessig Forgemaster
4 Lambholt Pacifist
3 Pack Guardian
4 Village Messenger
Creatures [28]
4 Howlpack Resurgence
3 Moonlight Hunt
2 Neglected Heirloom
Spells [9]
9 Forest
10 Mountain
4 Timber Gorge
Lands [23]

No sideboard included.

most of the decks i saw playing in gameday were w/b control, coco bant, and something with thing in the ice.

No idea what to add for sideboard.

I know i want clip wings for avacyn, roast for khalitas, and likely radiant flames for board wipe.

Could someone suggest a good sideboard? maybe just 4 of those 3 i mentioned and then 3 of a creature/enchant removal?
>>
>>47041380
3-4 Reckless Bushwhacker can be a good addition into the main. It is not a werewolf but it is still a good finisher.
>>
>>47041380
Why run Clip Wings for Avacyn when Rending Volley does the same job for just R as opposed to 1G
>>
>>47042323
Clip also hits Dragonlords and Linvala
>>
>>47042505
Volley still hits Ojutai, but for linvala why not Tears of Valakut, 5 damage to flying + cant be countered
>>
rate my shitbrew /tg/?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/std-gitgud-fall/
BG Landfall with gitgud frog.

Side question, anyone have the mythic rare pepe edit of gitgud frog?
>>
>>47042611
the relevant dragonlords are atarka and dromoka as of right now
>>
Why is OP calling Brains deck aa meme deck.

I mean its not competitive, but its cool for someone who dont want to spend tons of money on cards to play the goddamn game.

The deck is pretty good vs anything not aggro or playing Thought nor seer. I played the deck and it can beat control decks.
>>
>>47032004
Made it to 9th with gb seasons past. Not bad for a deck that I picked up from a friend.
>>
>>47042727
thought about running a single copy of atarka for games that i know will run longer to blow up his shit. probably will.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (126 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
126 KB, 223x311
That feel when facing multiple eldrazi decks with RB vamps, and I shut them down with this
>>
>>47032956
Considering I flush at the very least a hundred dollars worth of food down the toilet (literally) every month, not that bad.
>>
File: RakdosMadness.png (22 KB, 650x217) Image search: [Google]
RakdosMadness.png
22 KB, 650x217
I'm thinking about bringing this to fnm next week.
>>
I played a W/U Spirits with Archangel of Tithes deck - found the idea online and worked to tune/modify it. I posted it here this Saturday and got some advice, so thanks /tg/.

It did much better than I expected it to. I made it to top 8 and even won the first game there. I lost twice - first time in the selection and second in semi-final - to a G/B CoCo/Reanimator deck, which was fucking brutal. Apart from that the games were as follows:
- v Esper control: 2-0
- v G/B Eldrazi: 2-0
- v G/B Reanimator/CoCo: 0-2
- v USA Control: 0-2, fuck planeswalkers
- v Bant Company: 2-1
- v W/B Triskaidekaphobia: 2-0, the guy is a great player and just made it for fun and still got to top 8, I won clean because he was mana hosed

Here's my list: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/uw-spirits-of-tithes/

Anything you guys would change? I am so far finding the Reflector Mage to be clunky but cannot think of a good card to replace him which can have potentially similar impact.
>>
>>47033312
You mean the one that wins with rise from the tides or whatever right?
>>
>>47042799
It exploded in popularity fairly quickly, especially after saffronolive featured it in his column. That's like definition meme right there.
>>
>>47035161
What decklist did you bring?
>>
>>47043564
I see, thats why a guy from my lgs was looking for that trash. I sold the pieces pretty cheap since it was in my binder and needed some sspace for new cards.
>>
best budget standard deck?
im talking like sub 25 dollars here
I have random cards from bfz
>>
>>47043966
green ramp is probably it. you just have to play all the lower-tier eldrazi like desolation twin and bane of bala ged
>>
BW allies is it any good?
>>
Are there currently any answers to planeswalkers in U/W save for damage?
>>
File: t6ldMNG.jpg (90 KB, 1024x767) Image search: [Google]
t6ldMNG.jpg
90 KB, 1024x767
My new playmat just came in :3
>>
>>47043966
I'd say R/W allies equip. It's real fun to play.
>>
>>47044417

Quarantine Field
>>
>>47036244
>interesting matchup

4U. Season's Past Control gets dicked by Ramp.
Which I love, because I usually fuck the hell outta Ramp, but have a hard time against gayremoval.dck.

Plz keep up the good work, senpai.
Keep the meta clean of that gay deck.
>>
>>47035185
I know this is a slow thread, but anyone?
>>
>>47044343
No. Unfortunately, GB Aristocrats does everything better.
Still, you can adapt some BW control list.
Exchange Kalitas for Kalastria Healers, raise the number of Gideons, get some Drana and Serene Steward and you're set.
>>
>>47035185
The black/green aristocrats and mono white humans have relatively low costs for the vast majority of the cards with only a few expensive cards and are both very strong decks.
>>
>>47046942
Could you give me a quick summary of the playstyles of those two? I meant to say we're new to the game. Like baby new, like we had to see if Elvish Mystic's mana-when-tapped effect was permanent or just for the turn.
>>
>>47046804
>>47046804
>budget
Well, you're asking too much for a colorpie that just won the ProTour.]

You can make a WG Detectives deck.
Tireless Tracker, Thraben Inspector and Ulvenwald Mysteries.
>>
>>47046999
Oh, damn. I didn't know that. I just picked those colors because when I did go to the Dragons pre-release last year for shits and giggles, I picked Dromoka and was a sucker for the desert aesthetics on the cards.
>>
>>47046974
BG Aristocrats is a too complicated deck for you guys, then. I recommend you to start with Mono-W humans or WG Detectives.
Mono-W is straight aggro, uggabuga hit face. It's powerful, but weak to boardwipes. Just Tap creatures and don't forget your triggers.
WG Clues focuses on getting clues to crack for card advantage and board presence. it's pretty straightforward as well. draw cards, cast removal, tap creatures.
>>
>>47046974
The black green aristocrats deck is a deck that is very good at blocking on the ground and attacking your opponents life total by attacking with a large nantuko husk/ sacrificing creatures with zulaport cutthroat(s) on the field / swinging with ormandal. It can also generate a huge amount of mana and card advantage with crytolith right+duskwatch recruiter. This is not a simple deck.

Monowhite humans is an aggro deck it's very good at attacking early and in the air and doesn't need any rare lands.

There are also a bunch of other budget decks you can build tons of websites do articles on them.
>>
>>47046999
>ulvenwald mysteries

this meme has to stop
>>
>>47046730
lol if you think seasons past gets dicked by ramp you're bad.

Even finkel says it's one of the easiest matchups for this deck. Cycle infinite obliteration and see how useful your ramp is with zero creatures.
>>
>>47043493
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/rejected-brews-from-ptsoi-testing-bw-jar-fog-and-seasons-past-jar/

The seasons past one specifically not the turbofog.
>>
>>47043966
There is some fun stuff you can do with RU prowess and harness the storm.
>>
>>47047396
You have to draw it first. Finkel's deck only runs a single copy.
The only useful removal against ramp is ruinous path. You can that or obliteration from Season's Past.
You'll have to deal with Chandra, Ulamog and World Breaker.
Some lists feature Tireless Tracker and Advocate as well, so it's a pretty hard matchup.
>>
>GR Ramp is supposed to be an easy matchup for control decks
>Proceeds to beat an Esper Dragons deck and two GR Seasons Past decks

The fug
>>
>>47047346
Why tho? It's decent.
Not tiers good, but very playable, specially on a clues list.
>>
>>47048158
Control gets fugged by oncast effects.
Still, Esper shouldn't have a hard time with Declaration in Stone, Ruinous Path and Dragonlord Slimugar on the maindeck.
>>
>>47048164

i play a clues deck. its just fucking garbage. i can never seem to justify the mana to actually play the card.
>>
>>47048164
It's better as a sideboard card for other decks then a dedicated clue deck, ongoing investigation and fleeting memories are more powerful enchantments in a dedicated clue deck.
>>
>>47048283
It generates clues when your creatures get removed and creates tokens as you crack them. How it's that not good on a Clues deck? I can see it generating 2 or 3 clues per match and bringing in 3 or 4 tokens to field. How is that not great for 3cmc?
>>
>>47048346
Ongoing Investigation is great with those aerial clue creatures. Fleeting memories are for mill/clues deck.
A GW Humans clues deck wouldn't be able to run both, anyway.
>>
>>47048383
I just think it isn't efficient and doesn't provide value.

50% of its use hinges on your creatures dying, the other 50% on paying 2 mana to get a 1/1 and draw a card after whatever creature you played died. It's a lot of moving parts to get not much in return.

I use clues, I just can't dig this card. I played dozens of games with it and just couldn't justify keeping it in my deck
>>
>>47048516
what about with tamiyo's journal?
>>
>>47048516
Some cards just don't provide big value own their own like Tireless Tracker. But they serve big synergetic purpose.
Let's say you have Myteries in the Field and you get Tracker and 2 Inspectores removed on a Languish. You're getting nearly 8 clues of that. You can draw while keeping a board position. Those Human Tokens can get really big after you drop a Liutenant.
That relentless board presence and draw really scares removal decks like Finkel's. Just have something for Kalitas and the match will be a easy ride.
>>
Modern fag here. What's the best standard deck right now? Something that's unstoppable no matter what my opponent is playing.
>>
>>47049297
wouldn't say there's an unstoppable deck.

Bant CoCo and white humans are really good, and theres a ton of other decks that can all beat eachother
>>
>>47049297
>unstopable
>standard

lol, nothing at all. Standard is on pretty great shape. Everything has good and bad match ups, no broken decks.

As a dirty Spikefag that you are, you might as well copy one of the Pro Tour top 8 and be done with it.
>>
>>47049466
>>47049471
Last time I played standard I ran wolf run ramp. Is there anything close to that?
>>
>>47048673

Even worse meme card.

i picked up 2 of them, and I've been meaning to test them out. Just haven't yet

>>47048866
I just don't like it. I played it in maybe 3 games of the ~40 I played with it in my deck and it just never felt like it helped. And when a deck is running 4 trackers, one land can get you 4 clues in a turn. And with Nissa, I just never felt like it helped. Especially when I was flipping Westvale Abbey on turn 5 easy.
>>
>>47049743
it's a good card. It's just not a huge value machine like Nissa or Tracker.
It's just like Retreat to Emeria is inferior to Gideon, Ally of Zendikar.
>>
>>47049504
It's really close to RG Ramp.
>>
File: 1459636278008.jpg (48 KB, 640x850) Image search: [Google]
1459636278008.jpg
48 KB, 640x850
So does anyone sell something like a playset of every common+uncommon from a release? Like, a card shop that will sell a box of 4 of every common+uncommon of shadows over innistrad or origins?
>>
>>47050072
most shops don't even keep good inventory of commons and uncommons. it shouldnt be that hard to find.
>>
>>47050072
Im pretty sure the people that regularly buy Boosterboxes on your LGS will have like a playset of every single common and uncommon, the problem is always getting those people to search them out as they are most likely stuffed all in a shoe box somewhere.
>>
Playing a white green humies deck - what the fuck is a good response to planeswalkers? I find that if I am even a little bit behind if they get out a planeswalker white and green have no response that can deal with it (compared to blacks numerous planeswalker insta-kills) - what do?
>>
>>47032956
Realistically, it's not that much more expensive than any other hobby. Jetskiing, fishing, FWDing as outdoor activities are expensive for fuel, vehicles, insurance etc. - how does it feel knowing all that money is being flushed down the toilet for a few hours of enjoyment? You can ask that question of any hobby, but it comes down to if you like playing magic or not - if you're having a good time and get some good hours out of it it's irrelevant that you are spending money on it - people spend money on loads of hobbies.
>>
>>47050072
Ebay
>>
>>47044417
Negate is a good blue counter for Planeswalkers - if you know you are going to go against a deck with many of them.
>>
Won my last three game days, I was bound to lose one. I live in a highly competitive area, full of a healthy mix of professionals, state champions, etc. I feel as though I'm the best Standard player here, but I got taken out in the mirror (Bant Coco) second round of the top 8. Great player, I beat him in an SCG IQ a couple months ago for 1st so this was his revenge.

Deconstructed Bant and moving on to white weenies. Our whole meta is control right now so if I can beat Languish/Radiant Flames I'll be okay. Just practicing for the next big event and company (while strong) was not my style of deck. I don't like when everyone knows what I'm doing. I'd rather pop out an Eerie Interlude that makes my opponent scoop than lose because he knew I had company.
>>
>>47048126
I only run 12 creatures in my list.
4 Jaddi Offshoot
4 World Breaker
4 Ulamog
(3 Chandra)
In the Sideboard:
4 Thought Knot
4 Sylvan
(1 Chandra)
My opponent hit me with Infinite Obliteration several times in the round. He mainly targeted World Breaker, then Ulamog. He never targeted Chandra. Ulamog won me both games, though.
>>
>>47052806
You can't target fini>>47052806
Chandra with Infinite Obliteration. Common misconception. The card states Creatures Only.
>>
>>47052940
Sorry phone did something weird there. Hope that made sense.
>>
File: 1460301030445.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460301030445.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>47052952
I see. I will keep that in mind in the future.
>>
>>47051201
Avacyn.
>>
Anyone with an R/B Madness Vamp deck they feel like sharing? Sometime /tg has better shit than tappedout.

I played Mono-white weebs this weekend, made top 8, got sloshed by Infinite Obliteration aka Mardu BoardWipe.

Literally his deck was - Kozilek's Return, Fiery Impulse, To the Slaughter, fucking anything like that, and Dec of stone. Hadn't a fucking change to save my life. Then Chandra for 6 each turn.

Anyways, ya, share me some Vamps.
>>
I ran G/B seasons control and got 1st. Playmat is pretty sick

I entered another gameday but only managed to get top 8. I got some really shit match ups, poor draws, and made a few bad plays. I played U/R goggles control at that one.
>>
File: 118237_photo.jpg (58 KB, 420x567) Image search: [Google]
118237_photo.jpg
58 KB, 420x567
>>47032004
r8 my shitbrew

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rakdos-flyers-4/
>>
Went 3-1 on Game Day with a WB eldrazi list. Not even a proper list, because fuck buying Declarations and I went to the Game Day for Anguished Unmaking promo anyway. Also, more seriously, it's an unupdated deck with zero SOI card, because I'm still building a Jund midrange.

Got 2nd and won some packs with stuff. I will say, turn 3 Thought-Knot into turn 4 Smasher still feels fantastic, and it happens more often than you'd think. The only problem the deck has is Bant company, and I suspect with proper sideboarding that won't even be that bad.
>>
File: bestwerewolfwaifu.png (1 MB, 909x1253) Image search: [Google]
bestwerewolfwaifu.png
1 MB, 909x1253
Been busy most of today

>>47032004
>How was your game day
It was.

>Did you make top 8?
Yes. Bant company players got stomped and a GW tokens guy kept losing his walkers to ruinous path

>Reached the glory and the Game Day Champion playmat?
I did but ended up giving it away because I like my own mat better.

>Did you play a meme deck
R/G werewolves isn't a meme is it?
>>
File: tmp_25225-Image.ashx1655157114.png (121 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
tmp_25225-Image.ashx1655157114.png
121 KB, 223x311
Went 4-0 with werewolves and got the playmat. Howlpack resurgence is a real card
>>
>put 4 titis in the memedeck sideboard
>4-0 two gamedays

Less of a meme since it's now more expensive but still memey as shit
>>
>>47053662
People are taking vamps seriously now?
>>
>>47043410
I'm interested in this CoCo/Reanimator hybrid, could you tell me more about what it ran and how it worked?

I'm guessing Nantuko Husk, Zulaport Cutthroat and Ever After were all in there.
>>
>>47054944
>>47054878
what the hell are you guys running
>>
>>47054944
It really is. I initially thought it was unplayable but the Flash really makes a difference. It allows you to flip your werewolves T3 and makes for a really neat combat trick.

This one's also a personal favorite of mine. Flash again allows you to flip your creatures and puts two bodies that both get boosted by Howlpack Resurgence.

The 'discard a land' part is sort of tricky, and I feel there must be some way to exploit it, I just haven't figured out yet.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 312x445
>>47055926
Shit, I forgot the pic.

Anyways, what do you think about it?, Any way to make it shine that comes to mind?
>>
>>47055943

Discard Drownyard.
Gitrog.
>>
I'm just astonished at how people can keep paying a fuck ton for bad cards in order to play a bad cards format.
>>
>>47056531
>m-my pieces of cardboard are worth more than your pieces of cardboard

can we just execute all the memedern players already?
>>
>>47056556
If you want to you'll have to do it with your own bare hands since being a poorfag due to flushing money down a toilet means you can't even afford a knife to do it pal :^)
>>
>>47056531
>not paying exclusively for limited
>not being good at limited so you get a shitton of packs / store credit from FNMs
>not trading into a standard deck to smash competition

I continuously trade into a T1 deck every standard rotation and still make about 60€ of profit per rotation

Git gud fucking scrub
>>
>>47056644
yes that totally makes sense, I'm the poorfag, me, the standard player

not the memedern dork who spends all of his autism bux on "good cards" and cries for muh reprints so he can complete his meme deck to play his shitty eternally broken format
>>
>>47056684
Except that I don't have to spend 500$ each rotation in either limited or singles to get a playset of meme lands in order to build the latest meme deck that will be worth dogshit the next year

>>47056672
>I play a shit format in order to justify buying into a shitter format
You could at least trade into Modern but you can't handle the power level

Stop playing 2 cmc Llanowar Elves and 3 cmc conditional Lightning Bolts and git fucking gud you skilless scrub
>>
>>47056402
I'll take you up on Drownyard, but Gitrog?, No way man, not in a Werewolf deck.

... Though I do suppose I could put in Molten Vortex / Magmatic Insight too. Would that make it work well enough to splash black?
>>
>>47056721
>don't have to

CAN'T
>>
>>47056672
>>47056684
what are you two saying? c'mon, go play some limited! mr shekel... err, rosewater wants you to get some bad... um, incredible cards to play the best format ever! with a cardpool so deep and unique that a rare murder is considered good! gotta kill those planeswalkers, no?

c'mon, have these bfz packs! they're on the house! and remember: play bad card form... standard! it's truly a skill testing experience!
>>
>>47053662
Been having fun with this. No SB cause it really depends on meta.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/br-madness-rushdown/
>>
>>47056771
go play yugioh if you want powerful cards you fucking living meme
>>
>>47056684
Only people who are getting into modern complain about cranking out dosh. If you have been in modern for a few years you are good(or managed to get lucky buying up eyes then selling your eyes)
>>
>>47056757
Financially, yes. Morally, you're right. I just can't justify buying into a format chock full of bad cards where something like fucking Always Watching is a format bomb and staple. I'd rather spend those 500$ on actually good cards, or pimping and foiling my Modern and Legacy decks.

Anyways, be sure to buy some Foreboding Ruins and Fortified Village, I need to get rid of them in order to buy those expedition Polluted Deltas you opened in prerelease and had to trade in order to buy into a bad cards format.
>>
>>47056771
>I am too dumb to play a format that requires knowledge of more than just the few most efficient cards ever printed

At least I'm not the guy paying over 10 dollars for cardboard boosters full of damaged cards and reprints nobody fucking wants

Jesus fuck you are worse than the memedeckers
>>
>>47056801
>good cards
>bad cards

end yourself
you would rather play a shit format with "good cards", fuck off
>>
File: j75vIc8.png (89 KB, 524x499) Image search: [Google]
j75vIc8.png
89 KB, 524x499
>>47056789
>i am a butthurt moron who sees everything in black-or-white terms because i can't critically or logically think

look, i know you have to justify wasting your paycheck on bad cards instead of playing a good format like vintage, legacy, modern, or even fucking commander, but this was just awful
>>
>>47056742
the Black splash doesn't even seen that hard as you have access to the dual lands. though I now want to try a molten vortex gitrog deck...
>>
>>47056802
>I am too poor to play a real format and had to buy Meme Masters packs because I couldn't get singles before
>I am too dumb to play around counterspells, hand disruption, 1 cmc dorks, land destruction and 2-cmc removal

Have fun with your 20 turn midrange grindfest chock full of bad cards. You're the cancer that's killing the game.
>>
File: 1408167575162.gif (1 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1408167575162.gif
1 MB, 256x192
>Pull a full playset of Avacyn on pre-release along with my extra packs.
>Don't play standard.
>Make a killing selling them
Thanks guys.
>>
>>47056841
Actually he is the gear the pushes wizards forward so that you get to change one or two cards in your deck about once a year. You need him.
>>
>>47056874
I think you're confusing Standard with Limited. At least limited is fun, skill intensive, and you can make money out of it if you're good enough.
>>
desu I just wish Wizards printed cards that would enable a real combo deck to exist in standard

>inb4 memedeck
>>
Why Wizards cancelled Clash Packs and Event Decks?

In my LGS newbies used to buy them to compete and sometimes wizards released good ones (Born of the Gods Event deck and Battle for Zendikar Event Deck). and the Clash Packs haad nice alternative art.

Is it because of the second market as I was told?
>>
>>47056789
YGO has worse limited fodder than MTG. 9/10ths of the cards printed have no practical reason to exist.
>>
>>47032004
How could I make BR viable in the meta?
>>
Hey everyone!
fast question
will W humans variants be competitive when origins+dragons rotate out?
I'm really looking forward to get into standard when there's no collected, no jace and no hangarback
>>
>>47058149
Yes. It can stand on its own very well, and considering that they did tribal this set, you can expect a good time for a long time. Now to tinker with BR Vamps.
>>
>>47056869
>things that didn't happen
>>
How to start with Magic?

What to buy? Prebuilt beginner decks? Core sets? Some specific booster or whole booster boxes?

Is there a guide for what to buy? And for general overview over the products and what the differences are?
>>
>>47058344
No bullshit.
Event decks, prebuilt decks, core sets, boxes and booster packs are easy ways to waste money on absolutely nothing competitive. If you want to start I'd suggest:

-Draft format
>Each player gets to open a booster pack and then each player picks 1 card and pass the booster to the player next to you, this way, and with a bunch of basic lands, each player gets to play with the same posibilities. It's a hard format but it's worth getting into.

-Modern / Standard formats:
>You can play with cards you actally own, but very few archetipes of decks are able to win a single match. You want to check mtgdecks.com for archetypes, and spend a hell lot of money in order to play them. But it's worth it
>>
>>47058917
>mtgdecks.net*
>>
>>47058192
even without 12 2/1 in the deck?
>>
>>47032004
Missed the Saturday Game Day for my fiancee's prom. She was pretty adamant about it.

Went to 1 event on Sunday.

Round 1; Brain Jar Meme 2-1
Round 2; RW Equipment 2-1
Round 3; Bant Flash 2-0
Round 4; UR Prowess 2-0

So 4-0 and Champion Mat. Loved my weekend. Played a homebrew mix of BR Vampires.
>>
>>47058994
Can I see the list? I'm getting back into standard and be madness vamps are the only deck that I actually would enjoy playing.
>>
>>47055723
I found this online the next day after the game day and from what I remember about his deck, the decklists are fully or at least almost identical (which made me a bit salty because I can't still overcome my unfair prejudice against unmitigated netdecking)

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gb-aristocrats-company/

It was extremely powerful, in one way because it rendered my entire control/removal shell (declarations, snare, reflectors) utterly useless as he just kept saccing the targets to feed nantuko. Sure, he couldn't block my fliers, but Zulaports and liliana produced more health that I could remove. I had good early game both matches but when he got out nantukos/cutthroats, if I didn't remove them asap, he easily stabilised and won.

The only way I see of stopping this deck is by running a heavy counterspell-based control shell
>>
>>47055723
>>47059095
Also you could comment on my deck at least out of politeness man, I am really trying to build something good here
>>
>>47056721
>I don't like that format because unless you play the right mechanics the right way the same effects are harder to get. You have to force a discard with Fiery Temper in your hand to thunderbolt. I just have to have a mountain.
>You have no skill because of the cards available to you!

Modern players get smashed when they play standard. Standard involves more problem-solving and homebrew deck building.
>>
>>47055716
I won game day with vamps.

>>47053662
Tips for vamps
ACMC Right at around 2 or you're done.

>>47056781
>No Indulgent Aristocrat
>Only 2 Stensia Masquerades
>Ravenous Bloodseeker is absolute garbage
>2 more Incorrigible Youths than the deck can statistically handle
>No Olivia

Do you like losing? Because that's how you lose.
>>
>>47059273
ACMC?
>>
>>47059083
Sorry, I don't share homebrew decklists, but your best bet for BR Vamps is to keep your ACMC low. Around 2 or so, and make sure your red has more mana than it actually needs. Nothing should cost more than 3 mana to play.

>>47059301
Average Converted Mana Cost. It's important for speedy decks.
>>
>>47058344
I'd play some limited for a while, buy a few booster packs with a few friends and play with six each building 40 card decks with your pools. Shadows Over Innistrad's packs are great for this because the limited metagame is really fun and there's lots of good cards with some value that are likely to grow in value in Standard as time passes. Its overall a great way to build up your collection.

When you have enough of a pool you can try putting together a couple of kitchen table decks to play with your mates so you get a better feel of the game and what kind of deck you like best. When you are happy with the deck you've built and are looking forward to putting it to the test you can go to you local game store and play at Friday Night Magic. Your homebrews will be should all be playable in the Standard with your starting card pool.

Standard is a format that includes the latest Magic releases. The number of sets in the format varies from 6-4ish and the older sets rotate out as new ones are released. The latest release was Shadows over Innistrad this April and the next Standard-legal set is Eldritch Moon this July (although Eternal Masters is going to be released in between, though as said it won't be legal in Standard). What this means for you is that you'll see a lot of cards you've never seen.

But don't worry, people are usually very helpful when it comes to showing the ropes of the format. Pay attention to their decks and see how they work and when you find one you like you either already have the cards for or can afford, buy the single cards you need through the net (magiccardmarket is a good, relatively easy to use site), then build it. You can also simply keep making better and better homebrews and make your own Standard deck.
>>
>>47059873
After playing Standard for a few rotations (1-3 years) you should have a damn neat card pool of cards that have gained some degree of relevance in Modern. With that you can easily build a Tier 2/1.5 deck just buying a few modern stapples. They are expensive, but just proxy them its an inversion that will pay off in the long run if you plan to keep playing Magic regularly because, unlike Standard, Modern isn't a rotating format, including every set since Mirrodin onwards.

I'll spare you explanations about Legacy and Vintage, you'll learn about them at your own pace. But I will tell you that if you are interested in playing the highest level of Magic some day you should consider saving some money to buy some Eternal Master packs, even a booster box (Walmart sell them I think) and play limited with them and as a long-term investment.
>>
Went to 3 events, played an aggressive UW humans deck.

The funniest thing was a BW allies deck ended up winning the casual event since there were only 3 rounds and the top decks imploded against each other (Drew).

Overall out of the 12 players I faced only 2 didn't play black+something control.

Ended up placing 5th, 2nd and 5th, there were around 26 players each event.
>>
>>47059896
One last note, there's been talk about two new formats being created soon, one akin to what was known as Extended, including all cards with the Magic 15 frame (with round edges around the lower frame. Includes Magic 15, Magic Origins, Khans of Tarkir block, Battle for Zendikar block and Shadows Over Innistrad block).

The second format would be the rumored 'Eternal' format based of Eternal Masters, but there's nothing too solid to support them.

If the rumors are true then it's the best time possible to get into Standard, since your Standard pool could suddenly see its value doubled. Buying some used-to-be-an-expensive-standard-stapple cards from recently rotated-out sets could be a good idea. Theros was the last set with the old frame if i remember right.

The second rumor doesn't mean much other that investing Eternal Masters will be even more profitable, but I don't think it'll happen. I do think that there will be some crazy shit in the set.

Get ready for Black Lotus reprint.
>>
>>47060214
lotus is reserved...
>>
>>47059335
>Sorry, I don't share homebrew decklists

Like u gonna win the pro tour or anything
>>
>>47059335
Why don't you?
>>
>>47060242
Alpha's Black Lotus saw spectacullar falls in price around February, when OGW was released and shortly before Eternal Masters was announced. This not only confirms Wizards leaked information regarding Eternal Masters to its principal vendors, but also means that it very well could happen unless they've explicitly stated that nothing on the reserved list would be reprinted.
>>
>>47060597
>unless they've explicitly stated that nothing on the reserved list would be reprinted
Do you know what the reserved list is?
>>
File: 1457986099694.jpg (280 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
1457986099694.jpg
280 KB, 750x450
>>47060451
>>47060565
It takes the originality out of my deck if I share it. And a Game Day Winning deck is strong enough that a decent number of people would copy it. Also then my deck would technically then become a Net Deck because it can then be found online.
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
>>47060629
Yes I Do.
>>
>>47060685
There's not really originality in BR vampire madness. Everyone has a list, yours isn't special or original. We only want to see it to get more ideas, given that it has a small winning streak.
>>
>>47060715
They've already explicitly stated that nothing on it would ever be reprinted, that's the point.
>>
>>47032004
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rakdos-flyers-4/

anyone wanna have a look?

Tell me what cards i shouldn't have and ones i should add?
>>
>>47060722
>it isn't special
>it won Game Day and defeated Bant Coco 2-0
>it 2-0's other decks of the same archetype
Lmao
>>
>>47060808
Don't be so full of yourself. Just put your name on it as the original and share it. Don't be a bitch.
>>
>>47060740
I think they might go back on their word. It wouldn't be the first time.
>>
>>47060864
We still csnt say anything unless they provide more information.

I've heard eternal format wont use the cards from the reserved list. Would that mean shockland price might increase?
>>
>>47060597
Eternal Masters will be MTGO only. No physical copies.
>>
>>47060995
Wew lad, I almost fell for that one. Not today my friend.
>>
>>47060597
>much like Modern Masters. It will not contain cards from the Reserved List
>>
>>47060912
Dual lands are the ones on the restricted list, Shocklands could very well see an Eternal Masters reprint at rare or at uncommon.

I believe the rumored 'Eternal' format could be Modern + Eternal Masters and its possible follow-ups. Sure that goes against Black Lotus and other restricted list stuff being reprinted, but I believe those will be insta-banned from the format not to avoid breaking the format.
>>
Thoughts on this?

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-45-13-tix-standard-insolent-red

I feel like it would be better off as a RB Madness deck but thats just me. Also why Sin Prodder or Pia and Kiran in this build?
>>
>>47058917
Playing draft just to get cards seems like an interesting idea, but is it really a better way to get good cards than just buying the booster? Aren't the good ones the first one to go in a draft, leaving me with even more garbage than if I just buy boosters directly?

If I understand you correctly, you recommend either playing draft or buying cards individually and completely avoid buying anything randomized or pre-built.
Thanks for the advice either way! Drafts seem like a decent way to go.

>>47059873
Thanks for the advice! Seems like I really should avoid the pre-built starter decks all together!
>>
>>47056742

Well I didn't know if it was specifically had to be all Werewolves, I was just listing cards that would benefit from the card you posted.
>>
>>47047083
Just a heads up, specific themes and aesthetics rarely carry between sets due to the nature of MTG's fluff. The most carry over you get is in what types of creatures each color usually gets (white humans, red goblins, black zombies, green beasts, blue merfolk, etc). Colors will retain their characteristics and usual mechanics, but WG will not always have a "desert tribe" aesthetic.
>>
>>47054878
RG werewolves is only second to RB vampires in memes. It is one of the biggest memes we've seen in standard for a while.
>>
>>47059273
>running Olivia in an aggro deck

I thought aggro was supposed to be fast
>>
>>47063227
Even if my decklist didn't include duskwatch recruiter? Truly the times we live in
>>
File: rakdosmemedrazi.png (1 MB, 1457x797) Image search: [Google]
rakdosmemedrazi.png
1 MB, 1457x797
one of the rakdos eldrazi memers here. Made some changes to the deck based on suggestions. Am I doomed to meme status until rotation?
>>
>>47059273
ex vamp player here, but the way you guys are making this sound viable

are you running 4?? stensia masquerades
>>
vamp players lets conglomerate this meme deck to win boosters on friday,
>>
How is demonic pact these days? It looks fun as fuck.
>>
>>47064662
Yes, I run 4 Stensia Masquerades and yes it is viable.
>>
>>47063244
>discarding a card to give another vampire +1/+1 and haste
>then you get to madness whatever card you just discarded
>3/3 flyer

It is fast. Turn 5 finishes with Olivia on field. Come on, man.

>>47064860
No.
>>
>>47060808
I went 2-0 on bant company with land destruction so if that was supposed to mean something you're a faggot
>>
>>47032004
>Did you make it to top 8?

We were 8 people at the store.

I placed third due to having a terrible matchup in my first match and losing 0-2. Won the rest with a solid 2-0, running GW Humans.
>>
>>47060808
What a total narcisist inhuman bag of flesh full of shit. Good luck going jaddi offshoot drop at PPTQs
>>
>>47062565
No worries, your comment got me thinking and now I'm trying to put together a Jund Gitrog deck using Sin Prodder.

I'll post back if I come with anything interesting.
>>
>>47062240
Try doing a sealed draft instead, you can often get a bunch of packs for cheap and play on a relatively even playing field. Ive noticed a lot of people offer deckbuilding tips and advice afterwards too, which is really nice for a new player
>>
>>47062240
Yeah, they are no good for the most part, with only a couple exceptions.

You should get some basic lands too, a good idea is to buy them online so you can pick your favorite artworks from a variety of sets from all of Magic's history. Another option could be getting the OGW fat pack which includes nine packs and 80 full art lands which is a pretty sweet deal considering they aren't just cool-looking, but also noticeably more expensive to acquire online. There's also a BFZ fat pack, but OGW>>>BFZ
>>
Won my game day with g/r ramp.

Beat Grixis, Ramp Mirror, R/b midrange and lost to June midrange. Beat lsv.dek in top 8, humans in top 4 and mirror in final.

Tireless Tracker is the real deal.
>>
File: 1450430786548.jpg (472 KB, 926x1627) Image search: [Google]
1450430786548.jpg
472 KB, 926x1627
>tfw no white weenie event deck that has things like Declaration in Stone, Thalia's Lieutenant, Knight of White Orchid, and more
>>
>>47065719
I wasnt talkng to you, you've already established that you're an anti social weirdo. That said I hope your marriage goes well.

For everyone else; http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vampire-meme-deck-crack-generator/
>>
I played last FMN somebody used a fucking Season Past deck I fucking hate that card But I have started thinking about building a deck like that only mine is going to have World Breakers and Ulamong
>>
>>47064632
Well you are playing MTGO. You can't get any more meme than that.
>>
File: 1412470090964090.png (176 KB, 375x524) Image search: [Google]
1412470090964090.png
176 KB, 375x524
>>47071706
y-you too...
>>
>>47060685
>being autistic
>>
>>47072034
what a depressing card
>>
Is it just me, or does it seem like G/B Aristocrats use Lili mostly as a mindgame deterrent trying to stop the other player from attacking? Real talk her +2 doesn't help the aristocrat player much, if at all. Her -X could be used to grab back a Zulaport or Husk, but does the Aristocrat player really want her flipped?
>>
>>47073427
Yep because you basically just play whatever you draw and then discard, turn the game into top deck war while threatening to ult lili which is instant win on aristocrats.
>>
>>47068593
>>47068616
Thanks both of you!
>>
>>47073701
Another thing to note if you are just starting DO NOT play rare redraft it is a format which gives the best cards to the best players after the draft is completed, because of this you being a newbie will get screwed out of any good cards that you manage to open.
>>
>>47073787
not him, but where do they do this? it sounds completely warped honestly
>>
Little Questiono: Its May, when are we getting our first EM spoiler?
>>
>>47058149
The only valuable cards will be coco and knight of the white rotating out - the rest of origins and dragons is kind of irrelevant to most current monowhite or white green human decks in standard.
>>
>>47074150

We don't even have a set symbol yet because they don't want us to know it's Emrakul after OGW symbol """"""spoiled"""""" Kozilek
>>
Would anyone happen to know if San Antonio has any good shops for MTG?
>>
>>47074118
I've done it, what happens is this:
>draft ends
>rates and foils spread out on table
>people take one at a time in order of placement
It's really not that bad, except that it means no prize packs.
>>
>>47074433
Use the Wizards locator.
>>
>>47074492
The best store it gave me was a shithole for dnd role players. Just want a place that has MTG events for more than FNM.
>>
>>47074453

That sounds fucking horrid.

>Man I got shit on
>at least I pulled a decent money card I needed
>NOPE
>INTO THE PILE IT GOES SO FIRST PLACE CAN HAVE IT
>ENJOY YOUR DOLLAR TRASH FAGGOT

Why the fuck would anyone agree to this?
>>
>>47074563
Just open good cards, drop and keep your cards and leave. might not play there again, but are you losing anything by that?
>>
>>47074563
If you aren't a complete trash tier player, you still get to pick good rares.
Not redrafting is retarded and leads to people going for the money picks, instead of actually trying to make good decks.
>>
Vamp bros ive finished my list of what I have now, the alms of the vein is the placeholder until i get olivia two. I just like it because its foil
>>
>>47074832
rare redrafting is far more retarded than letting people take the cards they picked. For one thing, most FNMs you want new players to actually come back, which isn't going to happen if every time they open a cool card they lose it.
>>
>>47074832
Then they make a trash desk and get no prizes. Whats the problem?
>>
>>47074882
The point of Draft isn't picking out rares, it's making a deck and competing with it. If you aren't in for that, why the fuck aren't you buying packs or singles? Wouldn't that be way more efficient?

>>47074873
My LGS is doing two drafts a week and is chock full with players. The only people mad about redrafting are shitters that are only in it for profit, but are too shitty to win.
>>
>>47074850
Alms is good for faster variants.
>>
>>47074914
The only people I've ever seen argue for redrafting were selfish, asshole tryhards who took FNM too seriously.

You aren't entitled to other players' picks, and if they choose a higher value card over a better deck (and in doing so, knock themselves out of prizing), then take your prizes and be happy, but keep your cheetos covered hands off their cards.
>>
>>47074922
Yea I was gonna keep some in my sideboard (which isnt complete on this webpage)

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vampire-meme-deck-crack-generator/
>>
>>47074971
In mine I plan to run 2-4 main board and make it the high speed burn deck we all know it can be.
>>
>>47074998
What else are you doing differently from mine?
>>
>>47075070
I'm not sure, haven't put it together yet. I don't have a list, just going to crack packs and see what feels right, trade for the more obvious staples. I probably won't run anything that costs over 3 to cast/madness, try to kill T4-5. Probably 3 of Gisa's bidding and 1-2 From Under the Floorboards so I won't get fucked if the game goes long.

Right now, I'm just trying to figure out if I should run more than one Indulgent Aristocrat. It feels slow, and I have the zombie spells for mid/long-range. I'm also unsure how many Stensia Masquerades to run, because even though it's an excellent card, it's expensive for something that doesn't directly deal damage. I'll probably stick to 1-3.
>>
>>47075155
i mean sounds like you arent thinking too much about the whole vampire tribal thing so im not sure if its worth putting aristrocrats in
>>
>>47075280
Well, it's mostly vampires, Olivia, Drana, Gorger, Youths etc. At most 4-5 cards will make zombies. I probably won't run Aristocrat as more than the one of to sac zombies for vamps and don't forget that Olivia makes the zombies vampires. Stensia Masquerade, though, I feel like I should run at least 2.
>>
>>47074914
Whats your store? So i can report them to the DCI and get them banned
>>
>>47075423
Can you link me the actual rule? I wanted to show it to my friend so that our store stops.
>>
>>47059193
Not him but as a primarily modern player I've gone 5-0 at the last couple FNMs and won my stores game day using U/R goggles that I'm still not convinced is a good deck. Modern teaches plenty of good play patterns and mulligan decision making that can certainly translate well in standard.
I've been considering going to a standard GP because I'm a pretty big fan of this current format, but my testing group is entirely composed of modern players. How's the pro tour gauntlet thing are magic online players any good or is it just another storyline wizards has been pushing for marketing reasons?
>>
>>47075325
is it a madness theme too or nah? whats the discard outlets
>>
>>47075465
Under the tournament rules, dropping from a tournament. If I know there's no prizes offered aside from redrafting, I'm just gonna drop during the last match and keep my cards, as you would in any other event.

Players who drop during limited events own the cards that they correctly have in their possession at that time.
This includes any unopened or partially drafted boosters.
>>
>>47060597
Alpha cards in general have highly inconsistent prices due to lack of data this proves literally nothing. Also they have explicitly said multiple times they intend to uphold the reserved list
>>
any advice to make this deck not suck ? http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mad-scholars-dancing-on-the-telepathic-graveyard/
>>
>>47075512
Heir of Falkenrath (obviously), I'm considering Sinister concoction, obviously Olivia. Any suggestions? Is Insolent Neonate a good card for high-speed aggro/discard?
>>
>>47075513
The DCI banning rule, dipshit.
>>
>>47075532
Ive considered Sinister concoction too for the side board

Im a fan of insolent neonate, I run four. its a good turn one play one because of menace. Also the ability to get a card for discarding one lets up for 1 for 1 madness plays. Especially if you already want to be draw new cards. Its like half of tormenting voice for half the cost, the draw is instant speed and if you keep it up long enough, its could be a potentially beefy 2/2 3/3 4/4 with menace
>>
>>47075537
That was from the tournament rules, that have to be followed by the tournament organizers, dipshit.
>>
>>47075562
Yeah, I do want to have something to shit out T1. I'd rather it be Gorger, but Neonate/Concoction is sweet too.
>>
>>47075612
Link me the official rules that say the redrafting is a bannable offence.
>>
>>47075513
This doesn't say anything about banning stores, or redrafting not being allowed. Also, no source.
>>
>>47075627
There isn't a rule saying you can't redraft, there are rules stating the players get to keep their cards, which I posted (and I wrote which section it was from). Go read the tournament rules.You won't get banned from DCI, you could lose your sanctioning ability is the thing.
>>
>>47075615
Gorger/neonate can combo too,
you could be throwing down another neonate/aristrocrat/another gorger AND drawing a card turn 2, or throwing out a heir... or even olivia and draw a card turn 3

or try this out
turn 1 gorger, turn 2 lighting axe -> neonate turn 3 sac neonate for bloodsword with haste OR masquerade for first strike the possibilities are endless
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.