[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
False Dendrite Quest 161
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 22
File: circle.jpg (39 KB, 300x218) Image search: [Google]
circle.jpg
39 KB, 300x218
My name is Cecile, and I'm sixteen years old. I already thought my life was odd, what with my parents having moved halfway across the country for their new job and leaving me in the care of my older sister... but then my best friend went and had a book shipped to my house that ended up giving me superpowers.

In order to try and help Charlotte calm down after everything that's been happening, I've (with Gabrielle's help) managed to drag her out of the hotel for the day. Things have been going pretty well so far, too- Charlotte traumatized some little brats who totally deserved it, we won a couple of keychains in a shooting game, and now we're about to engage in slightly more direct violence courtesy of the wonder known as bumper cars.

>Thread archive:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=false+dendrite+quest

>Branches known thus far:
http://pastebin.com/9SQy7UhL

>Twitter:
https://twitter.com/QM_Archelon

>Ask thing:
http://maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

>Game production blog:
https://studioarchelon.wordpress.com/
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: charlotte_orendilaran.png (2 MB, 1225x1865) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_orendilaran.png
2 MB, 1225x1865
With our spirits roused by the thought of friendly semi-violent competition, me and Charlotte march over to the line for the bumper cars. There seems to be a pretty mixed crowd today, with people from just about every age group outside babies and super old folks.

But of course, my focus is on Charlotte.

"I hope you can handle some roughness," Charlotte laughs. "Because you're going to be my -sole- target the entire time we're in there."
"Fair enough," I reply. "And I've only got eyes for you."

Oh my God why did I say that now people are staring.

"Ehehe..." Charlotte smiles. "Care to make a wager?" she asks.
"On what?" I reply.
"Er-"

Hahaha, now she looks completely lost as what to say.

"I don't know, you come up with something," Charlotte says with a cute little pout. "You're the leader, after all."

>what shall be the terms of our wager?
>>
>>47051679
Whoever loses has to make dinner, as in cook it, not order it.
>>
>>47051679
"Servant for a day" sounds good, if not a bit generic.
>>
>>47051858
>Whoever loses has to make dinner, as in cook it, not order it.
I like this.
>>
>>47051679
>>47051858
This sounds fun. One thing, though.

The winner chooses the meal.
>>
>writing
>>
File: fancecile_keichan411.png (635 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
fancecile_keichan411.png
635 KB, 1000x1200
I search my mind for something worth wagering on. Something like "the winner has to give the loser" a kiss is no good, of course... and the whole point of us coming out here was to help Charlotte relax so I don't want to ruin that by declaring that the loser has to so something humiliating, either.

The winner treating the loser to dinner is also pointless since Charlotte's rich...

"I got it!" I say, snapping my fingers.
"You do now?" Charlotte asks.
"Yup," I nod. "The winner has to treat the loser to dinner."

Charlotte rolls her eyes.

"You'd be the only one who loses out under those conditions," she says. "Paying for dinner isn't exactly anything new for me, you know."
"Maybe," I nod, "but I didn't say that the loser has to PAY for dinner."
"What?"
"The winner has to MAKE dinner for the loser," I specify. "By hand."

Suddenly, that nonchalant expression on Charlotte's face turns to one of concern.

>[1/?]
>>
File: charlotte_decu.png (266 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_decu.png
266 KB, 1000x700
>>47052774
>[2/2]

"I, uh..." Charlotte laughs nervously. "...I guess that's a fair wager."
"Great, so it's settled!" I say, giving her a thumbs-up.
"So that only leaves how exactly we're going to be keeping count," she replies.
"Oh yeah," I mumble.

I hadn't thought of that.

>number of peoples each of us reks
>number of clean slams we get against each other
>>
>>47052899
>>number of peoples each of us reks
>>
>>47052899
>>
>>47052899
>>
>>47052899
>number of peoples each of us reks
Including each other.
>>
>writing
>>
>>47053130
>>47053200

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/qst/deleted/deleted/
>>
File: kirakira2.gif (2 MB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
kirakira2.gif
2 MB, 512x288
"How about the number of people we get clean slams into?" I suggest. "You know, like with some actual speed behind them."
"Hmm..." Charlotte scratches her head. "...this would include those we get against each other, of course?"
"Well yeah," I shrug. "That's half the fun of this."
"Heh, alright."

Charlotte meets me with a big, toothy grin not unlike the one that she scared the hell out of those brats with earlier.

"I look forward to being able to enjoy your home cooking again, my dear," she says.

And with that final taunt, the previous round of drivers clears out of the riding area and our group enters in their place. And while the others in our line swerve around the cars that are haphazardly strewn about in search of their favorite color or whatever, both me and Charlotte have the same idea- go straight to opposite corners and get into the car that's furthest out.

Shortly after everyone's all buckled in, the timer starts for the ride to begin.

Three...

Two...

One...

GO!

>my first target will be the kids who are close-by, they look like easy pickings
>my first target will be the twentysomethings who are close-by, they don't look like they know what they're doing
>>
>>47053395

>my first target will be the kids who are close-by, they look like easy pickings

clean slams
not reks
>>
>>47053395
>>my first target will be the twentysomethings who are close-by, they don't look like they know what they're doing
>>
>>47053395
>>my first target will be the kids who are close-by, they look like easy pickings
>>
>>47053395
Should at least have given bonus points for hitting each other… Give a bit more interaction between the two.

>>47053395
>>my first target will be the twentysomethings who are close-by, they don't look like they know what they're doing
>>
Looks like we got a tie so it's time for FINAL DESTINATION voting.

Reply TO THIS POST with the number and ONLY the number of your selection. All other votes will be ignored.

>1: my first target will be the kids who are close-by, they look like easy pickings
>2: my first target will be the twentysomethings who are close-by, they don't look like they know what they're doing
>>
>>47053643
>>
>>47053643
>>
>>47053643
>>
File: Kamen.Rider.Faiz.full.1161513.jpg (203 KB, 536x773) Image search: [Google]
Kamen.Rider.Faiz.full.1161513.jpg
203 KB, 536x773
>TIME OUT
>>
File: p_00019.jpg (311 KB, 900x1280) Image search: [Google]
p_00019.jpg
311 KB, 900x1280
"Alright, me. Charlotte's at the opposite end and there's a ton of people between us."

lambs for the slaughter

More like points for the gathering. And since the easiest close-by targets look to be the little kids who are zooming all around each other, I shift my car around, position myself just right, and mash my foot on the "gas."

My car races across the metal floor of the arena, racing towards a kid who looks to be around ten or so...

SLAM

I hit him dead-on, sending his car flying off into a crowd of other kids and making a huge mess of things. From there, I pull backwards and quickly reposition myself to slam into another kid who thought that he'd managed to escape the carnage that I set loose. Though I am tempted to take a few seconds to enjoy my own handiwork, I need to hurry up and-

"Ghaa-"

A heavy impact rocks through my car and nearly knocks the glasses off my face.

>[1/?]
>>
[bumping intensifies]
>>
>>47054029
>[2/2]

"I gotcha, princess-girl!" another ten-year-old says as he continues to pour on the "gas" and push my car into- CRAP!

One car hits me, then another and another and another. While I may have gotten two points of my own, that kid's vengeance ploy causes so much crashing that the operator guy actually shuts down the ride for a few minutes so he can push everyone's cars apart.

Dammit... I forgot how vindictive little kids can be about games like this.

>move on to greener pastures
>my honor demands that I avenge myself against this kid
>>
>>47054161
>>my honor demands that I avenge myself against this kid
>>
>>47054161
>move on to greener pastures
>>
>>47054161
>>my honor demands that I avenge myself against this kid
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.
>>
>writing
>>
>>47051665
Hey Arch, I never post, I read on the archives, but I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your stories. You're awesome.
>>
File: Dan-Hibiki-Thumbs-Up.png (130 KB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
Dan-Hibiki-Thumbs-Up.png
130 KB, 291x300
>>47054341
>>47054370
>>
File: 1420143752902.gif (373 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
1420143752902.gif
373 KB, 576x324
Charlotte is my target. Even now, she's across the arena driving like a total nutjob and getting hit like twice as many times as she is actually hitting the people around her. I know she's my target, but this kid is grinning at me like he's hot shit and I just want to crush him utterly.

Not in the "cruel evil voice in my head is influencing me" way, of course- I mean this solely in the spirit of good fun. Good fun and vengeance.

And that's why I position my steering wheel such that my car zooms right towards him the second the operator turns the cars back on.

SLAM

Three points.

Quickly, I pull in reverse and reposition myself.

SLAM

Four points.

>one more time for good luck
>I must not lose myself in my great and terrible wrath
>>
>>47054573
>>I must not lose myself in my great and terrible wrath
Remind yourself what's at stake here. This is a battle you must not lose.
>>
>>47054573
>>
>>47054573
>>
>writing
>>
I shift into reverse, pulling back for one more hit... but then I stop myself. Both because the grin of satisfaction on my target's face has long since shifted to a grimace of shock, but also because I almost lost sight of what's at stake here- a dinner that was COOKED by Charlotte.

So I pull away from him and continue my irregular path towards Charlotte, bobbing and weaving around the other cars and getting slammed a few times as I go. And after getting a nice good hit into one other car along the way, I finally gave a clear shot at Charlotte. She's spinning around like a total nut, curving all over the place and getting knocked around every few seconds. I don't think she's realized that I'm here yet.

>hit someone else into her before going after her
>position myself and aim for a direct hit
>>
>>47054981
Eyes on the prize, CC.
>>
>>47054981
>>
>>47054981

Stay on target
>>
>>47054981
>>position myself and aim for a direct hit
>>
>>47054981
>>position myself and aim for a direct hit
>>
>writing
>>
File: charlotte_keichan411.png (926 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_keichan411.png
926 KB, 1200x1200
Suffering a couple of rear hits along the way, I position myself so that I have a clear line to Charlotte. And then I floor it.

Eyes on the prize.

Charlotte's so engrossed in her own car spinning around and failing to do much of anything that she doesn't even notice my approach until it's too late.

SLAM

My car hits Charlotte's with full force, throwing her backwards into another car seconds before I myself end up getting hit again.

"That makes five!" I call out to her as I shift my car into reverse and pull backwards from her.
"Then that means that you're only one head of me!" Charlotte shouts back.

Of course people pick NOW of all times to start swarming us... but I'm ahead and Charlotte seriously seems to be terrible at this so I can't complain too much.

>pull back and play it safe
>go in for ONE MORE HIT
>go beat on someone else to try for more points
>>
>>47055356
>go beat on someone else to try for more points
>>
>>47055356
>>pull back and play it safe
>>
>>47055356
>>go beat on someone else to try for more points
Hit and run is the most fun one.
>>
>>47055356
>>go in for ONE MORE HIT
>>
>writing
>>
File: crash.png (664 KB, 630x428) Image search: [Google]
crash.png
664 KB, 630x428
Go for it CC. Destroy. Them. ALL!
>>
>>47055356
Arch, you really should've done this with the STRIKE CRASH GUARD system.

GUARDs where you try to stall and wait for someone else to become an easy target

STRIKEs where you go for rapid focused attacks on one particular rider

and CRASHes where you just build up max speed and may god have mercy on anyone in your way.
>>
File: Redline 2009 12_zpsgrhmnjr3.jpg (195 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Redline 2009 12_zpsgrhmnjr3.jpg
195 KB, 1024x576
There are too many people around for me to reliably hit Charlotte again without reprisal. And since I only have a one-point advantage, just pulling back and playing it safe is probably NOT the safe thing to do. So instead, I set my sights on the people around me. Hapless victims, the lot of them.

Please don't hate me, my fellow riders. I only do what I do to ensure my chances at see Charlotte cooking for me while wearing a cute apron.

>[1/?]
>>
>>47055643
>[2/2]

Spotting someone trying to set himself up for a nice hit, I swoop in (after getting knocked around a few times myself) and hit their car from behind... which sends his own car flying forwards into the car that he was trying to hit in the first place.

I guess I did him a favor?

That's one more point, but I still want to make sure that I maintain my lead, and-

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT

Along with that horrible buzzer, the power to the arena is shut off and all our cars come to a halt wherever they may be.

"Thanks for playing, folks!"

Those parting words serve as a signal for all of us begin unbuckling ourselves and filing out of the arena. Not wanting to get in anyone's way, I follow the crowd back outside and wait for Charlotte to catch up with me by the door.

Luckily, I don't have to wait long for her to show up.

"There you are," Charlotte sighs as she steps out into the bright afternoon sun. "My final score was FIVE, by the way..."
"I had six," I reply with a grin of satisfaction.
"You seriously-"
"Search my heart, you know it to be true."

The look on Charlotte's face makes using that lame line worth it.

>I am the gloatingest gloater
>I am a humble victor
>>
>>47055757
>I am a humble victor

We can tease her about other things. Like how cute she'll be in that apron
>>
>>47055757
I shall look foreward to taste your home cooking
>>
>>47055757
>I am the gloatingest gloater

We are SO being on top tonight.
>>
>>47055757
>>I am a humble victor
Now if we can get rid of Gabby we can make Char give some apron only service.
>>
>>47055757
>>I am the gloatingest gloater
>>
>>47055814
Gabby to me seems like the type of person to honestly not give a shit.

She's a bit angsty 'cause she's hetero and she's surrounded by lesbians, giving that whole sense of being an outsider. But given that the lesbianism already exists I don't think she'd care if it's physical or not.
>>
>>47055757
>>I am the gloatingest gloater
Dinner made by a pretty girl. (We’ll probably help her though, as her reaction indicated she has no idea how to cook.)
>>
>>47055543
Yeah, that probably would have made more sense. I shall blame my current sleep-deprive state for not doing the obvious thing.

>>47054370
>Hey Arch, I never post, I read on the archives, but I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your stories. You're awesome.
Thanks man, it's appreciated.

>writing
>>
File: fancecile2.png (17 KB, 130x305) Image search: [Google]
fancecile2.png
17 KB, 130x305
"Ah, sweet victory..." I say, looking up in the sky.
"Please don't rub it in," Charlotte groans.
"I'm not 'rubbing it in,'" I reply, "I'm just happy that I'm going to be treated taste your home cooking."

And then my smile grows wider.

"You -will- be wearing an apron while you cook, right?"
"Oh my God..." Charlotte sighs. "Yes I will be wearing an apron because I don't want my clothes to get dirty. Not for any of the reasons that -you're- thinking of."
"Who said that I was thinking anything bad?" I ask.
"You're -always- thinking of something bad," she replies. "I know you far too well for that."

Am I really that much of a pervert?

>[1/?]
>>
>>47056128
You are the Allison of the Petals, CC.
>>
>>47056128

"Well excuse me for being happy about the thought of having a pretty girl cook me dinner," I say, sticking out my tongue.
"You act as if this is some kind of rare thing for you," Charlotte replies.
"Well it's not like you ever do the cooking yourself."
"But Allison and your mother cook for you and they're both -quite- pretty."

Dammit you know that's not the same thing.

>[2/?]
>>
File: charlotte_121642.jpg (573 KB, 877x1786) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_121642.jpg
573 KB, 877x1786
>>47056335
>[3/3]

"To change the subject for a bit," Charlotte says, "what's our next stop? Or was this the end of our little date?"
"We still have plenty of time before sundown," I reply, so I was thinking that maybe-"
"LOOK THERE SHE IS!!!"

My sentence is cut off by the high-pitched shouting of a little kid. For a couple of seconds, I search for the person in question... but it looks like Charlotte's already found them.

Or rather, they've found her.

"See, it's the lady in the black-and-white dress!" a kid shouts, dragging a woman who I'm assuming is his mother towards us. "That's the witch we saw at the river!"
"She pulled on my arm and said that she was gonna eat my liver!" he cries.

Oh God damn it.

>let the charlotte handle this
>step in and say something myself
>>
>>47056412
>>step in and say something myself
"Wait, you are the kids who wanted to torture animals!"
Their mother should really teach them better and she should be glad that instead of getting the police involved for animal cruelty, we just scared them a bit.

Charlotte’s teeth are not unnaturally sharp if she’s untransformed, are they? I want to downplay that part as overactive imagination due to their underlying guilt or something.
>>
>>47056412
>>let the charlotte handle this
>>
>>47054341
That is a nice hat thing.
>>
>>47056412
>>47056489
Backing
>>
That's it for tonight's thread, folks. It looks like it'll take one more thread for the date stuff to be over with and then the story can come on to other stuff.

The next thread will likely be either Wednesday or Thursday night.

and now questions
>>
>>47056412
As I’m leaving now, I’ll say this now. I followed two quests over at the new board and I’m not quite as opposed to it as before. I would still prefer /tg/, but it may not be quite as utterly terrible as previously thought (especially if the over-eager mods can be convinced to change a few things).
>>
>>47056670
Thanks you for the thread.
>>
>>47056702
>Thanks you
dangit
>>
>>47056670
Who is best hundred and why is it Emilia?
>>
>>47056670
Thanks for running Arch!
>>
>>47056685
I can't say I feel the same way.

>>47056711
>Who is best hundred and why is it Emilia?
Because she's just 2cute. Also reminds me of Al Azif.
But Claire is also growing on me... too bad she never had a chance.

And now I sleep. Thanks for playing!

For further questioning:
http://maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

Game production blog:
https://studioarchelon.wordpress.com/
>>
>>47056670
Ah, surprise FD while I was sleeping!? What a nice thing to wake up to.
>>
Was this the shortest thread yet?

Not that I'm complaining, just wondering.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.