[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Phanty Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: Phanty SUP.png (837 KB, 1032x1154) Image search: [Google]
Phanty SUP.png
837 KB, 1032x1154
The continuing adventures of an anon and his ghost, and the mob that wants them dead(er)

When the last left our heroes they had solved the mystery of Walmond, the old Simmons mansion in the outskirts of Coolsvile. Unfortunately, it wasn't the mystery they were hired to solve, and left more questions unanswered than answered.

Returning to the office, Anon's ever-unreliable car stopped him from making any romantic advances on his spooky partner.

And the big shadows that jumped the two of them might prevent him from ever doing so again.

Previous Thread:>>43513968
>>
zOMG IT'S TEH PHANTY

I'm on my lunch break so I'll disappear for a few hours fairly soon. Until then, last I remember we were trying to fistfight some ghosts.

COMMAND: PUNCH GHOST
>>
You can see a pale blue light struggle inside a thick and angry black cloud. Its a soundless storm--all ectoplasm, no friction. It makes it seem as if its happening far off rather than scant feet above your head.

But that's all you can see over the two goombahs that stand in front of you shoulder to shoulder like a wall.

The cold autumn wind blows straight through them and smacks into you.

"We needs the chips Sherlock. All of them." One says jabbing at you. "Give them up and maybe we'll be a little more gentle, capiche?"

"Don't think wes can't hurt the two of yous." The other one says miming cracking his knuckles. The fingers see to disappear into his thick wrist and make one mean bowling ball bigger than your head.

"Just cause she's like she is and yous like you are don't mean a thing to da Ghost Mafia." His face make a hole in a facsimile of a toothless grin.

Without warning midnight falls for a split second and a shadow passes over the three of you, through the three of you, into the earth.

"Jesus Christ!" One says shouting to the chaos overhead. "Keep her still! What the hell do they pay you palookas for?"

"Anon!" A voice that doesn't sound like any you know booms through the air, distorted and muffled like a heartbeat through cotton. "Anon! Sit tight! I'm--"

And then silence again. The black cloud writhes.

You can't see the blue light anymore.

The other Shadowman reaches down into the Earth and digs his fellow giant out of it by the shoulders. "She's the daughter of the Phantom Rico, THE PHANTOM!" He complains. Apparently he could hear under who knows how many feet Phanty knocked him under.

"I don't care who she's the daughter of! She's one brain-addled skirt and there's six of you! Now go do your job!"

"Yous guys want me ta help you any?" The one that dug him out offers.

"N-No! We got this!"

The black cloud begins fluttering and turning in an unsteady pattern like a butterfly with a crippled wing.

-cont
>>
>>43609802

The three of them are looking up at the cloud. One of them even extends his neck beyond what his human form caricature would hint at for a better look.

You can tell the one pulled from the ground is about to jet off to rejoin the group dogpiling Phanty.

Do we let him go back or try to take on three ghosts on our own in a surprise attack? Do we let him go back THEN attack the two ghosts? Do we talk in order to get information and hope that Phanty can provide us with a a more opportune opening?

WAT DO?
>>
>>43609888
Go big or go home I guess.

Attack.
>>
>>43609970
If you attack, should you shoot beyond the visible spectrum? Summoning up cosmic rays can be devastating, but its like using an invisible flamethrower that you can't touch, smell, see, or hear. Its potentially dangerous to yourself and Phanty.

We could play it safe and hope visible light disrupts their ecotplasma though.
>>
>>43609888
Refresh my memory, we can't physically do much to ghosts, correct? But there is a potential for Anon to use his powers to at least dissipate/stun them yes?

How have they got us restrained? Just simple locking of the arms? Is it possible for us to get our penlight from our jacket/wherever we have it right now?

If we can access it, AND we can possible inconvenience them we should try to slight of hand our pen light, wait for the third ghost to leave, and strike then.
>>
>>43609888
Anon could do something with his photon powers right? Either way we should use them for intimidation at least.
>>
>>43609888

In the movies, "muscle" can never resist trying to show off and end up revealing more info than they should. They want people to think they're more than the utterly replaceable stooges they, deep down, know themselves to be. It's not meta-gaming when PQAnon has seen all the same films we have right?

Taunt this "Rico". Suggest that his bosses never even bothered to tell him who we are or why they want us dealt with. Flippantly light a cigarette while we do this.
>>
>>43610020
Is there a way we could blast them with the rays without hitting Phanty?
>>
>>43610025
They're just standing in front of you intimidating mook style.

You could easily get your penlight out, but compare to the firepower your packing with your photokinetic powers its not going to do much.

>>43610034
>>43610049

Intense and unexpected bursts of light can disrupt ectoplasma forms and "dispell" a ghost for a time.

Its their novelty that makes them a danger, the more a ghost is unused to their frequency the more potent the attack will be. You could pack a mean wallop by alternating the frequencies of your attack, going from infrar-red to ultrviolet in a split second for instance.

But throwing stuff at cosmic ray frequency is definitely going to fry them. Think of it this way: they're moving around being bombarded with visible light all the time. The further you get from "normal" frequencies, the more devastating your attack will be.

>>43610044
It's not meta gaming. Boggie used the same tactic in Maltese Falcon to taunt an underling.

>>43610049
We can shoot them with visible frequency light. We can control that pretty handily because we can see where we're shooting it.

If you use the cosmic rays you THINK everything will be okay if you just shot it in front of you.

TAUNT RICO OR ATTACK?
>>
>>43610188
Taunt.
>>
>>43610188
Better to at least try and get some free info. Let's light up a cigarette if we're able taunt Rico., I still recommend keeping a hand on our hidden pen light to be used as a point blank light shotgun just in case Rico or the other ghosts get more physical.
>>
File: 1445706238408.png (1 MB, 1813x1283) Image search: [Google]
1445706238408.png
1 MB, 1813x1283
>>43610188
Let's try to incapacitate Rico with alternating frequencies.

Praise be to Phanty Quest.
>>
>>43610224
>>43610317

>Taunt

The third mook flies back to the cloud, fanning out his form until he becomes like a wing until he smacks into it and becomes lost among the darkness.

The cloud slows down and becomes still. It shudders and jerks every few seconds or so like a disturbed heart.

Rico begins rippling like water in a breeze. You suppose this is how ghosts

"Now see here spook chaser! You think I'm some sort of chump what owes the Ghost Mafia a favor? You think I'm some sort of stooge! I'm a made man, see? A made man! I AM the Ghost Mafia!"

"Rico buddy, don't let the flatfoot get you down." The other ghost says to him consolingly.

It has the opposite effect.

"He thinks I'm a mook! A mook! Well what do you think of this Mr. Detective? The Big Man himself sent me and MY boys to keep a watch on the old ruins back there after we caughtthat wisp of a ghost the other night in the middle of her blackmail schemes."

"Eh, Rico, Should wes be telling him all this stuff?"

"You know whose a disappointment? You. We were hoping her partner might come back later and try to patch things up after their row last night, but instead we got you and toothpaste hair showing up.

But hey, at least you found out those pennies we thought were just pennies were actually chips. Her last little trump card and you played it for her. Well? What do you think about THAT smart guy?"

WHAT DO WE THINK? SHOULD WE ATTACK NOW OR TRY TALKING TO RICO FOR MORE INFORMATION?
>>
>>43610574
>This is how ghosts that don't have the skill or power to emote well show they're upset.
>>
>>43610574
Rico seems loose lipped, let's see what else we can get from him.
>>
>>43610574
I don't see any reason to stop pressing for information. But stay on guard if he snaps and tries to attack.
>>
>>43610574
Maybe if we push for more information but then we should try and get Phanty out of there.
>>
>>43610574
Keep the taunts coming. And brace ourselves for the brawl.

"Dissapointing is it? It was so easy to see what these pennies were. Imagine what the boss would say if he found out a human was able to figure it out faster that you."
>>
>>43610768
Supporting this.
>>
>>43610768
Vouching for the extra-spicy taunt
>>
>>43610768
>>43610672
>>43610674
>>43610742

>"Dissapointing is it? It was so easy to see what these pennies were. Imagine what the boss would say if he found out a human was able to figure it out faster that you."

Rico shakes his fist at you until it turns into a filmy black mist.

The other one stares up at the cloud.

"But you didn't know about the blackmail angle, did you?" Rico begins raving in a voice like ice cycles scratching concrete. Shaky, sharp, and cold.

" Didn't know she was trying to blackmail the Big Man with those funny chips of hers? Well it won't matter now. No one knows about the system or how to trigger it, so its as good as gone even if we can't get out every single little chip..."

"Rico..." The other one says.

"Not NOW Luigi! And you probably don't even know about her system? Even people inside the loop don't know about it, I myself didn't know about it until the Big Man told me personally about it, so there's no way YOU could know ANYTHING about it!"

"Rico..."

"NOT NOW LUIGI! And as soon as you hand over those chips the Big Man is going to hook me up with anything I want! Maybe I'll even ask him for your bitch up there. She seems to have enough energy for my tastes!"

"Rico, buddy, ya need to look..."

Overhead the cloud's shape beings to distort. It begins to buckle into an egg shape, twisting and quivering as it does so.

"What?" Rico yells. "You haven't broken that bitch yet?"

No reply comes from the cloud.

"That ain't a noyce thing ta say about no lady Rico."

"SHUT UP!"

"Ya want me ta go up there and help da boys?"

"NO! If I had wanted you to do that I would have told you to! You stay here with smart guy, I'LL go take care of the girl!"

RICO IS ABOUT TO LEAVE YOU ONE ON ONE WITH THE OTHER GUY.

DO YOU LET HIM FLY OFF TO JOIN THE REST OR DO YOU GO FOR ATTACKING BOTH OF THEM AT ONCE?
>>
>>43611198
Maybe now would be a good time to attack.
>>
>>43611198
I feel like Luigi could be reasoned with but I'm going to vouch that we attack Rico first and then Luigi.
>>
>>43611288
If Rico goes down then maybe the rest will, but I'm not counting on it.
>>
>>43611286
>>43611288
In case we do attack, do we attack with cosmic rays or with the visible spectrum?
>>
>>43611308
Visible light with alternating frequencies. Cosmic rays would involve a difficult roll I'm guessing and we shouldn't risk it biscuit yet.
>>
>>43611198
>>43611308
I think now is a good time to attack the incensed Rico, lets use the visible spectrum because Phanty looks like she's starting to break through.
>>
>>43611308
I don't think this situation calls for cosmic rays so visible light i suppose, but closer to red or violet on the spectrum.
>>
>>43611360
>>43611334
>>43611322
>>43611286

Okay, time for GHOST BUSTING

I need 3 D30's to see if we get Rico. It shouldn't be too hard, we have the element of surprise, so any roll 10 and up is a success.
>>
File: 1445652666740.png (1 MB, 1280x1486) Image search: [Google]
1445652666740.png
1 MB, 1280x1486
Rolled 30 (1d30)

>>43611394
I ain't fraid of no ghost
>>
Rolled 26 (1d30)

>>43611394

>>43611411
You're good people anon.
>>
>>43611411
Ohhhh, that's going to make something special happen!
>>
Rolled 10 (1d30)

Let's see him grit those teeth!
>>
>>43611411
>>43611419
>>43611448
Bustin makes me feel good!
>>
File: this isn't even my final towel.jpg (72 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
this isn't even my final towel.jpg
72 KB, 300x300
>>43611411
>Ghost Busters reference
>That Phanty pic
>Rolled 30
>Dubs

This is one of the greatest posts I have ever had the privilege to witness.
>>
>>43611500
I-I've changed, I've become something else
>>
>>43611500
>>43611448
>>43611419
>>43611411

Rico suddenly finds himself entrapped in a column of redorangebluegreenyellowredpurplebluered like an insane rainbow. It flickers at seizure-inducing speed, and you're glad you remembered to slap on your goggles.

Its over in seconds.

Rico grabs himself and turns over on his side as he floats in mid-air. His body begins to melt, then pop, then fizz into a mist.

The light is cooking his ectoplasm.

The other guy flinches and stares in shock.

Rico makes a sound like a scratchy recording of a teakettle and then loses all coherency. His body collapses into a fine powdery mist that sparkles all the colors of the spastic rainbow in your column of light.

When you cut the light nothing remains.

You imagine Rico might have some choice words for you when he reforms in a couple of weeks.

By that time, the police will be waiting...

IN OTHER NEWS, YOU HAVE FOUND THIS PARTICULAR PATTERNS OF COLORS IS USEFUL IN DISRUPTING ECTOPLASMA. YOU NOW HAVE +5 TO GHOST COMBAT ROLLS.

-cont
>>
>>43611688
>YOU HAVE FOUND THIS PARTICULAR PATTERNS OF COLORS IS USEFUL IN DISRUPTING ECTOPLASMA.

So ghosts are weak against rainbows? Alright, I like this.
>>
>>43611688
>+5 on ghost combat now?

>Taste the mother fucking rainbow!

No matter what else happens, today is a good day.
>>
>>43611688
Luigi stares at you. Then at the trembling black cloud. Then back to you.

"Photokinetic." He grumbles. He cuts a glance again at the cloud.

"Welp." He sighs, his voice heavy and slurring like thick cold rain. "This ain't how I wanted it ta play out. But at least I don't got ta pretend me and Rico are da same size."

He folds himself out of himself. Arms grow out of arms. Legs grow out of legs. His trench coat billows and stretches.

When he's done he's far, far bigger than he once was.

He's taller than the trees.

"Well this is a fine predicament, that's what it is."

He brings his hands to this face and they meld together to form a square, then an image of a lighter, then an image of hands holding a lighter, then finally a lighter with a tiny black flame that looks more like crumbled plastic than fire. It "lights" a tiny projection from his lips that you think is supposed to be the cigar.

He takes a puff. Fake-smoke dribbles form his lips and merges back into his shirt.

"So howdoya wanta play this out mista detective? I figa your lady is bout to break out inna momment."

HOW DO YOU WANNA PLAY IT OUT ANON?

>>43611763
You might need that bonus soon...

>>43611726
...Actually, yes. Yes they are.

You are detective Rainbow Brite.

Consider it a challenge to keep your hard-boiled levels up when your greatest weapon is a rainbow beam.
>>
>>43611846
We all walk/float away and let this be forgotten. We can meet tomorrow at a dinner to negotiate a status quo
>>
>>43611846
>Tip fedora
"On hard mode."
>>
>>43611846
You can't back down now, you're too deep!

Act a little overly surprised by his new form, and then hit him with a sneak attack, preferably something like our last attack. I don't think we should elevate to cosmic rays unless absolutely necessary if we want to win.
>>
>>43611906
This.
>>
File: phantasma face.jpg (72 KB, 846x945) Image search: [Google]
phantasma face.jpg
72 KB, 846x945
>>43611925
>You can't back down now, you're too deep!
>>
>>43611846
Supposing Luigi is right and we have a minute left. We may have bitten off more than we can chew. I'd say stall for time.

"It's always the quiet ones."

If we play our cards right we can then attack him once Phanty is free and try and make a break for it together.
>>
>>43611846
Let's stall, but I also think Luigi does not want to get violent?
Let's try to out hard boil him.
>>
>>43612006
>>43611984
>>43611906
>>43612055

>"Its always the quiet ones."

"Heh. You'd be surprised how far inda bizness ya can get by keeping ya gob shut and doin whatcha told ta do."

>Propose peace

"Sure, sure. Da Big Man is fine so long as we get da chips. We got ta shake down some places tonight ta find da other roit in the equation, da one dat put her chips in copper for her, but we can meet at Rocco's on 5th and Mayberry ta sort everything out. Come any time, ask for me and bring da pennies. If ya don't show up by midnight though I'll haveta come find ya, and we both don't want that."

Luigi looks up at the cloud. It's almost a flat disc...

"Here's hopin' ya are just gonna take ya lady and skedaddle. I don't like hurtin gurls ifin I can avoid it. But I figa she'll be in better shape than da boys when she throws them off, meaning I'll haveta hurt her..."

He leers down at you.

"...By hurtin you. No offense buddy, I know youse just a human, but youse also da guy, and I'd rather just make da pretty gurl cry than mess up her face, ya know?"

LAST CHANCE TO DO ANYTHING BEFORE PHANTY BREAKS OUT? DO WE DO ANYTHING OR WAIT?
>>
>>43612170
"Well alright, but I'm not pulling any punches."
>>
>>43612170
Can we do something with the moon? I think we could catch him off guard if we use moonlight somehow. Fuck if I know how, though.
>>
>>43612309
"Heh. Jus remember, I'm only gonna wallop ya if ya don't walk away."

>>43612313
You can make the moonlight appear stronger than it is or change its color. That should surprise them.
>>
>>43612170
I don't think there's much to say now, but in the future we could use cosmic rays against this guy, if it comes to that, right?
>>
>>43612170
If he's offering us the chance to give him the chips at a later time, I'm not adverse to just taking the peace and getting out of dodge, deciding what we can do after the fact.

Also this:

"You know they say the worst thing a man can do is make a woman cry."
>>
>>43612371
I guess we could walk away for now, we can decide on if we give up the chips later. But we should examine them first. At least we walk away having dusted their boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w14IQB8yNNw
>>
>>43612362
If he's a giant right now, standing taller than the trees, then he's probably getting hit by a lot of moonlight. I think that suddenly turning the moonlight into rainbow colors would really catch him off guard, and do a lot of damage.

That said, I sure hope it isn't cloudy. If it is, we may have to stall him until the moon starts shining.
>>
>>43612397
We've looked at them once before, but now with the info Rico gave us, I think it's definitely part of the game plan when we hit Carlyle's, or Anon's house/apartment if we don't want to endanger him.
>>
>>43612170
As much as we MUH WRONG DECADE over the 1940s, the past is past. Phanty is a Modern Independent Ghoul. Let's have a little faith in our partner, and let her show she knows how to take care of herself (most of the time). Save the rescue for when it's absolutely necessary.
>>
>>43612365
Yep, that's always an option.

>>43612371
"I've done a lot worse than dat kiddo. I've been in da bizness sense before youse grandpa was born."
The black cloud goes wafer thin.

Then it turns blue.

And explodes.

Black ectoplasma rains over the forest. Ghosts solid as bricks from their physical efforts topple into the trees. Birds clamor for escape. A rabbit runs past you. You hear trees snap and groan all around you.

There's a bright blue star burning above you.

"...Mudda Mary an Jospeph." Luigi says scratching his head. "She sure is da daughter of that crimebuster da Phantom."

You hear a familiar echo bounce across the forest. "AHHHHHHAAAAHHHHOOOOHHHEEEEHAAAAA!"

The blue star collapses into the shape of a girl and wobbles in the air like a drunk insect before it rights itself and hovers off the ground.

She pulls herself back into her Phanty shape.

And smiles.

"...Whew..." She gasps, staring up at Luigi. "Anon, is this palooka bothering you?" She puts her fists up. "Lemme take care of him for you!"

Luigi whistles. "Well, I guess da Phantom's daughter would be a little tomboy. Sorry, but I don't fight gurls."

"I'm not a girl, I'm a ghoul! AHHHHAAAAAAHHHHEEEEOOOOOOHHHHAAAA!"

"Crazy, crazy, crazy. Well, fortunately for all of us me and yer squeeze got an agreement...."

In the forest you can hear the rustling of ghosts pulling themselves together. You don't know how many are stunned and how many are properly vaporized.

DO WE? OR DO WE START FIGHTING?
>>
>>43612622
I say fight. Don't think we have much of a chance of losing at this point.
>>
>>43612622
We need to think about this. I'm pretty sure ghost mafia knows who we are, even if we dust em all and bottle them up someone else might try and come after us.

That being said I vote to fight, just maybe lead with a sucker punch to Luigi so we can catch him off guard. The other ones should be easy enough to fight if they try at all.

Just remember that Mafia's are relentless, we will be fighting them for a awhile if we do this
>>
>>43612622
For the reasons that>>43612745 stated. I would rather we hold off for now. We are going to be dealing with wave after wave of these guys. Better to get us a break and a chance to regroup and maybe even been a little tricksy with the Mafia before we meet them again.
>>
>>43612622
Don't make deals with the Ghost Mafia
>>
>>43612622
Agree to his terms. Learn what we can about the chips before we give them back at midnight. We can always nail these bastards later.
>>
File: hbd.jpg (29 KB, 240x346) Image search: [Google]
hbd.jpg
29 KB, 240x346
>>43612622
Fighting Luigi now would be the same as declaring war against the Ghost Mafia. That's a war we cannot win. Take Phanty home, update Carlyle on the situation, and the three of us will figure out what to do next. It's not fair to our other partner to make this decision without him.

Don't forget to tell Carlyle how "phantastic" our new hire has been today. Suggest a raise, she's earned it.
>>
>>43612622
Phanty knows more about the Ghost Mafia than we do. She may not be in the best decision-making state right now, but, I think we should look to her for her opinion of what we should do.
>>
>>43613003
>>43613280
>>43612820
>PEACE

>>43612867
>>43612660
>>43612745
>WAR

We're tied. Sorry about the delay, I've been having trouble with the dinner. But I think a decision like this should take some time to get everyone's opinion in.

"Aw, come on anon, we can take these guys! I'll take the big one, you mop up the small fry with your laser beams!"

"Fair warning lady. I'm not gonna gun fer you. I'm gonna gun fer your guy."

"You'll have to go through me to get him!"

"You'll be surprised how agile I can be. Don't let the size fool ya pretty gurl."

>>43613321
Phanty wants to fight. But that's to be expected. Her father was a 1930's pulp vigilante, both before and after he died [/spoiler

Keep in mind she might not realize how vulnerable the three of you are to an out-and-out war with the Ghost Mafia (especially the two humans).

On the other hand taking them down would make for great interrogation subjects later, and would net you the respect of local law enforcement.

On the other hand, if you fight them and one gets away to rat on you, you better keep an eye open through the rest of the game.

CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY ANON
>>
>>43612622
No fighting, hand over the chips and ask Luigi to forget about us
>>
I just came in here to see if there were pictures of Phanty's panties. I'm disappointed.
>>
>>43613397
No fighting, hand over all but a couple chips. See if he notices.
>>
File: 1445719211974.png (182 KB, 450x725) Image search: [Google]
1445719211974.png
182 KB, 450x725
>>43613430
The night is young.
>>
>>43613397
No fighting, as I stated (>>43613416) we'll take'me down the proper way later
>>
>>43613397
Does Luigi know for a fact how many chips we have?
Could we hand him all but one, and try to convince him that we must have just missed one back at the house?

Or, could we trick him somehow?
The chips looked a lot like pennies, right? Do we have any pocket change we can use some photokinetic fuckery on to make it resemble the real thing?
>>
>>43613397
Fight him now, while you have backup. At least if you beat him now, the goons in the future will be more hesitant to face you.
>>
File: 1446246648648.png (117 KB, 500x439) Image search: [Google]
1446246648648.png
117 KB, 500x439
>>43613397
I don't think we should fight, we can come up with a plan later. But everybody involved except for Anon and Phantasma seems to have dug their own graves. The missing ghost lady got mixed up with the mafia, and the old lady was a werewolf hunter.
>>
>>43613449
>>43613540
You guys are the best, thank you.
>>
File: tumblr_nul7r41SG21u2eeulo1_1280.png (312 KB, 1280x1038) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nul7r41SG21u2eeulo1_1280.png
312 KB, 1280x1038
>>43613737
All in a day's work
>>
File: 1445709362124.png (232 KB, 1191x1413) Image search: [Google]
1445709362124.png
232 KB, 1191x1413
>>43613737
I've been keeping all the ghoul pics in a folder since October, not sure if I have them all but I'll keep collecting through the quests.
>>
File: winnie thriller.png (560 KB, 700x1050) Image search: [Google]
winnie thriller.png
560 KB, 700x1050
>>43613785
That's a nice pic, but the shirt looks a little out of character. More like something Canadian Winnie would wear.

Pics of Phanty and Winnie trading clothes pls. Pic kind of related, that outfit looks like Phanty's clothes.
>>
>>43613491
>At least if you beat him now, the goons in the future will be more hesitant to face you.

It's more likely they'll be shoving one another for the chance to be the one to take you down and show the higher ups that they've got the right stuff.

Take down Luigi and we'll have fat, ring covered fingers of both the corporeal and incorporeal sort banging on desks, their owners' shouting for our head.
>>
>>43613920
That's a fair point. Ideally we should give him the chips and try to smuggle one with us without him noticing.
>>
File: 1445139890021.png (1022 KB, 1222x2300) Image search: [Google]
1445139890021.png
1022 KB, 1222x2300
>>43613856
the only clothes trading pic I have
>>
>>43613416
>>43613438
>>43613540

VS

>>43613920
>>43613491

Anon votes for peace.

You tell Phantasma to stand down.

"...Okay Anon." She floats shakily to your side. "...I could've taken him." She mumbles.

"Alright." Luigi says shrinking back to his previous size. "I told youse guys were to be and what we expect of youse."

"Boys!" He calls out to the globs of shadow moaning between the trees. "Rico got vaped, we're going to give these two love birds some time ta get their act together."

The globs make screechy, whining sounds. You can barely make out a few "what?" "No way!" "...Got Rico?" "Bitch got Charlie and Freddo as well!"

The globs retreat this way and that, going through trees and through the ground.

Luigi tips his hat to the two of you and begins to rise into the sky.

>>43613466
>>43614002
>>43613416

>Trick Luigi

SHOULD WE TRY AND TRICK HIM BY ONLY GIVING HIM A FEW CHIPS BUT SAVING A FEW FOR OURSELVES?

SHOULD WE USE OUR POWERS ON A FEW PENNIES TO MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE CHIPS?

If we do so, I'l need three d30 rolls to see if the con goes off without a hitch.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d30)

>>43614115
>SHOULD WE USE OUR POWERS ON A FEW PENNIES TO MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE CHIPS?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d30)

>>43614115
Tricking hand over some but not all chips, What time is it now? How long do we have to deliver the chips?
>>
>>43614188
I've failed you all...
>>
>>43614188
You got until midnight to hand them over to Luigi at Roccos.

Which is good, because your present gambit looks like its going to be busted unless the third roll is godly.
>>
File: i cant beleeb it.gif (2 MB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
i cant beleeb it.gif
2 MB, 300x229
>>43614188
>>
>>43614115
>>43614115
Try to trick him.
There's a chance that he'll see past our ruse, but an even greater chance that his boss has told him exactly how many chips he should be expecting, so I think using photokinesis on the pennies would be our best bet.
>>
>>43614115
Rolled 26 (1d30) (I don't know how to bold text)

we gotta keep some of the chips to ourselves, they're clues and evidence!
>>
File: Shwick the cockroach.jpg (98 KB, 520x364) Image search: [Google]
Shwick the cockroach.jpg
98 KB, 520x364
>>43614259
>(I don't know how to bold text)
>>
>>43614259
dice+1d30
in the options field when replying. The dice will roll on a program.
>>
>>43614252
Internet was acting shitty, sorry for the late suggestion
>>
>>43614259
>>
File: 1444450350539.png (658 KB, 1210x1984) Image search: [Google]
1444450350539.png
658 KB, 1210x1984
fingers crossed lads
(I'm assuming >>43614259 doesn't count)
>>
>>43614440
>>43614259

Yeah. Anon, its not that I don't trust you, its that the other anons don't trust you.

We need one more roll.

Anon, it
>>
Rolled 6 (1d30)

>>43614115

They're leaving without the chips for now, I thought?
>>
>>43614525
I hope so
>>
>>43614525
I was under that impression as well. Lets hope that we get that it is the case. Because it looks like we're not going to pull any shenanigans here.
>>
>>43614525
I thought this was a quick bluff we were attempting.

It wouldn't make much sense to roll for something we can put off till midnight.

Ohhhhhh. That roll.
Luigi take the three coins you offer. "Heh. I guess we won't have lunch at Roccos then..."

Then he pauses.

"Heh. Good think I decided to check to see if I could put my ecto init." He pockets the coins, pressing them into a fold that you think is supposed to count as a pocket on his trench coat. "Looks like yur out three cents mister detective."

"That was your plan?" Phanty glares at you. "Tch! You're just like my dad with his stupid plans! We should've just punched him!"

And at that moment Luigi decides he should've just punched you.

And he does.

Growing to his full size as he does so.

Phanty would've normally blocked the blow for you, but she's still a little dizzy.

Roll 1d30 to see how badly he fucks you up. The higher it is, the more durable you are.
>>
>>43614602
>PhantyQuest Anon: The Man of Steel
I want to believe
>>
File: Howbadmebe.jpg (10 KB, 285x287) Image search: [Google]
Howbadmebe.jpg
10 KB, 285x287
Rolled 19 (1d30)

>>43614602
>phantyquest, were we don't know how to enbolden text
>>
>>43614602
We are going to need a long hard drink after this one.
>>
>>43614602
dice+1d30

Let's hope it's a love tap
>>
Rolled 4 (1d30)

>>43614602

This is my chance to redeem myself
Phanty, Caryle I do this for you. And yes even for you Kakarot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u_hHAYHLP8
>>
>>43614643

You hear three sounds. The first is "You doity roit!"

The next is Phanty screaming your name.

The third is the sound of your back hitting a tree.

You hear the sound of something snapping.

You hope its the tree.

(You rolled high enough to avoid permanent damage, but you do NOT feel well.)

You struggle to keep your eyes open. You know that nothing good ever happens to Bogart when he gets KO'ed.

Through the slits in your eyes you see Luigi stepping his way over to you, breaking a pine in his way.

A blue lightning bolt blocks his way, stretching across him like a chain.

"Hey! I said I don't fight gurls!"

Luigi struggles to get by Phanty.

Meanwhile, you struggle to keep awake.

ROLL 1D30 TO SEE IF YOU STAY AWAKE OR PASS OUT
>>
File: 1433787035607.png (425 KB, 358x618) Image search: [Google]
1433787035607.png
425 KB, 358x618
>>43614695
these are some bad rolls Super Anon
>>
>>43614695
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExTKEFZFi_8
>>
>>43614695
My god Super Anon, you're either really bad or really good.

Good thing this>>43614643
happened first. That might have actually killed us.
>>
Rolled 23 (1d30)

>>43614691
Damnit let's see if I can actually figure this dumb system out
>>
>>43614695
>What's funny is that that was about as effective as Vegeta's actual sacrifice against Buu.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d30)

>>43614710
Shoecum anon to the rescue or Our own peril
>>
>>43614031
>dat swap
Jesus my body was not ready
>>
>>43614830
I hope Luigi doesn't cum in our shoes while we're in a coma.
>>
>>43614830
Your eyes feel heavy.

And your head hurts. A lot.

And doesn't hurt so much when you just stop struggling and let yourself fall against the tree....

You hear trees breaking. And Luigi roaring. And Phanty calling your name.

.....In the quiet darkness you see a light. What color is it, Anon?

CHOOSE YOUR COLOR!
>>
>>43614854
I thought that >>43614737
was the roll?
>>
File: like this.png (16 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
like this.png
16 KB, 2000x2000
>>43614869
BLUE
>>
>>43614869
Green
>>
>>43614737
>>43614879

Was it? It linked back to an earlier post...

I'm sorry it it was. But we're already KOed and I would hate to use a retcon this early in the Quest.
>>
File: 1443824757986.png (1 MB, 1070x1190) Image search: [Google]
1443824757986.png
1 MB, 1070x1190
>>43614869
Phantasma blue
>>
File: Deep-Blue-Good-by.jpg (39 KB, 294x500) Image search: [Google]
Deep-Blue-Good-by.jpg
39 KB, 294x500
>>43614869
Blue.
>>
>>43614907
No your right, carry on. I'll just be in the corner.
until the next roll.
>>
>>43614869
ultraviolet
>>
>>43614907
It wasn't sadly.
>>43614869
Blue is fine.
>>
File: skel.jpg (82 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
skel.jpg
82 KB, 500x332
>>43614869
Red
>>
>>43614909
>Trying to get up
>Seeing a light
>The bright colorless light of the end.
>No.
>A tinge of blue
>The beautiful blue hues of our waifu's pale, dead ass.
>It fills Anon with...DETERMINATION
>>
File: can't wake up.jpg (22 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up.jpg
22 KB, 367x202
>>43614978
But we're trying to stay awake, Anon, and the light is supposedly going to help us with that.
Red is for when you CAN'T wake up.
>>
>>43614962
>>43614909
>>43614901
>>43614943

You see a very Phantasma Blue...

But it doesn't belong to Phantasma.

It belongs to another ghost.

She's a figure out of time. She wears a slim Chinese dress with a dragon pattern and long slits in the side to match her long longs. Her hair is in an Gamin pixie cut. She playfully twirls a cigarette holder in her hands.

Her eyes are cold and unforgiving.

She sits lazily on a wooden stool. Besides her, everything else is in darkness.

The floor below you feels like concrete. But you can't move your head to check.

They got you tied up to a chair.

"So you're awake..." She speaks slowly, languidly like a satiated jungle cat. "....Mr. Anon."

YOUR MOUTH IS NOT GAGGED. YOU CAN SPEAK IF YOU WANT.

YOU CAN ALSO TRY TO STEALTHILY UNDO YOUR BONDS.

IT'S TIME FOR QUICK THINKING AND HARD BOILED-NESS ANON!
>>
>>43615100
I was kind of hoping this near-death experience would give us some kind of new light-based superpower.

Turns out we were just captured, though.
That's fine, too.
>>
>>43615100
Is she in the ghost mafia? Wheres Phantasma?
>>
>>43615100
"Do I, know you? I would remember eyes like that."

"So is this really happening or am I having some sort of near death experience?"

>>43615126 I think we're just having a medium moment.
>>
>>43615100
Don't undo bonds yet. We need to gain our berrings.

"I have a hunch I know where I am, but let me guess. This isn't the afterlife, now is it?"
>>
>>43615100
"Smoking can kill ya know?"
>>
>>43615188
>This please
>>
>>43615188
>>43615198

She smiles. It is a cruel, hard smile.

"I think I like this one. You remind me of a kind of man they don't make anymore. I've always been fond of antiques..."

>>43615172
"Honey. Men have called me an angel before. Some even had the balls to call me a devil. But I've never brought anyone across the Styx. I just wave as they go off on their own. So no. You aren't dead. Welcome to Earth."

>>43615146
>I would remember eyes like that.

Most men do remember my eyes. But I don't think we've met before. Unless if was in one of your past lives, and you believe in that sort of thing."

She takes a puff of her cigarette. Either its "real" or she's a ghost with incredible control over herself.

"And if you do belief in stuff like that, please keep it to yourself. I find talk of past lives offensive."

>Near death experience.

"Nope. It's not that either. You aren't dead and you aren't dying. But here's some free advice for you Mr. Anon. Life is the near death experience. You haven't lived until you've been dead for twice as long as you were alive."

>>43615136

>Is she with the ghost mafia?

"What was the first clue detective? That I'm dead, or that you're about an ant's eyelash form being dead yourself?"

>Where's Phantasma?

"Oh boy. Wouldn't you like to know. Why are you so concerned with that little tomboy anyway? Modern women are just so...masculine, wouldn't you agree? What's wrong, don't think you're good enough to trade up for a real woman?"

ASK HER MORE QUESTIONS?

DO WE RESPOND TO HER ANSWERS?

ALSO, ROLL 3 D30 TO SEE HOW WELL WE CAN "READ" HER.
>>
Rolled 28 (1d30)

>>43615397
"Define real woman, all I see is a ghost."
>>
Rolled 26, 15, 29 = 70 (3d30)

>>43615397
Tomboys have their own charm ya'know
>>
>>43615397
Read her before we respond, see if you can get a read on the room you're in too
>>
Rolled 13 (1d30)

>>43615397
>>
>>43615397
'''dice+3d30'''
>>
>>43615467
shit
>>
>>43615467
In the options field anon that's where you type it.
>>
>>43615100
"A wake? Wakes are held for the dead. And the ache in my jaw tells me that I ain't."

Oh, and don't say that until about 5-10 minutes after he says "You're awake." You didn't think of it right away. Even if he's already taking about something else, say it anyway, he'll get it.
>>
>>43615522
She, I mean.
>>
>>43615397
"Phanty has a certain allure to her once you get to know her. But right now I want to know about you and where my partner is."
>>
>>43615397
Are our hands behind our backs? If so lets shift our hands. Not to break free but to get an idea of the bonds tightness

"Personally, I like a diversified market. More fun that way."
>>
Rolled 23, 17, 14 = 54 (3d30)

>>43615397

>Ghost Mafia
My first clue was that I was smacked into a tree, and when I woke up I didn't have a nurse's bedside manner to greet me.

>Phantasma
Don't be callin' my partner masculine - she's got moxy and a mean right hook, but she's got the best schoolin' around on being a refined lady. If you think you know Phantasma you haven't seen nothing yet.

Let's ask her more questions, I wanna know if we're back in coolsville or not, and if she knows anything about the black mail plot we've stumbled onto
>>
>>43615435
>>43615439
>>43615458

28, 26, 13

Two very good rolls, one bad roll.

She's a femme fatale...maybe the one all the ones in the stories were based on. She's moved purely by self-interest. She will say any lie as long as it's for her benefit. Sometimes if she's really desperate to get her way she'll tell the truth-or a version of the truth anyway.

The bottom line is, she lies like a politician. And if called out on lying she'll make up another lie. She will not tell the truth unless you corner her hard.

>>43615674
>Shift our hands.

You feel the slightly-wet-bar-of-soap feel of ectoplasma.

You're being held by ghosts. Or a ghost.

It's not the end of the world though. You could probably blast your way out.

But they probably got several guys surrounding you from the darkness. Who knows how much of that darkness is darkness and how much of it is Shadowmen.

The point is, if you're going to break out, you better know which way to run once you do.

>diversified market

"Your taste in...less solid girls is clear that you're something of an...eccentric if you don't mind me saying. Which is fine by me. I like men who are a little eccentric."

>>43615645
>>43615439

>Tomboys have their own charm, ya'know. And Phanty has a certain allure to her

"Tomboys are immature little girls that should have stayed in the school yard. I real lady knows how to get what she wants without dirtying her hands. A certain allure? Hmph! She wears go-go boots...but maybe you're talking about her SECRETS? I can understand that. A woman's attractiveness is really about her mystery. I've had that confirmed to be time and time again."

>>43615645

>Where is she?

"That depends on how much you tell me and how much I like what you tell me. She could be safe right now. Or she could be in trouble."

>Who are you?

"My name is Catherine. And if you go the rest of your life being a good little boy you just might never see me again. Or would you like to see me again?"

-cont
>>
>>43615435
>Define real woman, all I see is a ghost

"Oh come now Mr. Anon. It's clear you're a spook chaser. No need to feel shame over it. We all have our hidden quirks."

>>43615448
>Read on the room

It's impossible when there's nothing in the room besides her and you and....darkness everywhere.

>>43615806
>I didn't have a nurse's bedside manner to greet me

"Would you like me to get you a lollipop for being such a brave boy?"

A hand only a shade lighter than the darkness materializes beneath her holding a bowl, and she tips her cigarette ashes into it.

Clearly there's more than just you and her in here.

>Don't be callin' my partner masculine...you haven't seen nothing yet.

"She's a nuisance, just like her father was. And if you could see her now you wouldn't think of her as having much moxie."

She chuckles to herself.

>Are we in Coolsville or not?

"Of course. You haven't been out long enough for us to move you out of the city."

>Black Mail Plot

"It's none of your business. Rico talked too much. And it's likely I'll be having a talk with him later this evening."

"What concerns you is telling me. Everything. Absolutely everything. Even the parts that you think aren't important.

I'll help you get started. Why were you over at the Simmon's mansion this morning?"

DO YOU ANSWER HER QUESTIONS?

DO YOU ASK MORE QUESTIONS?
>>
>>43616052
"Felt like going for a drive, it's a beautiful day, ya know? Say how about you let me out of this chair and we can be civil."
>>
>>43616099
"Oh Mr. Anon..." She sighs, stopping off her stool and walking over to you.

Her heels go TAC TAC TAC on the floor. Are they real as well?

"...I really do like you." She says stroking your chin with her finger. Must men just cry and embarrass themselves in front of me. But not you. I would love to let you out of that chair. I think you'd be fun to have a civil conversation with. But fun is fun and business is business. And you're a hero. A big stupid hero. And I have no guarantee you won't do something big and stupid and heroic if I let you out of that chair..."

"I've asked you nicely to tell me why you were at the Simmon's place. Please don't make me have to ask please. It'll make me sad."

DO WE TRY TO CONVINCE HER TO LET US OUT OF THE CHAIR?

DO WE TRY RUSHING HER NOW THAT SHE'S CLOSE?

DO WE ANSWER HER WITH EITHER THE TRUTH OR A BLUFF?

DO WE ASK HER ABOUT PHANTY'S SECRETS?

WHAT DO?
>>
>>43616190
"But I'm not a hero I'm just a detective, everyone knows you can trust detectives!

Sad huh, well we don't want that.

As for why I was there, well, I had to see a lady about a thing."
>>
>>43616190
>>43616237
Kinda hoping if we stall long enough something will happen.
>>
>>43616190
An old lady wanted my help, simple as that.
>>
>>43616190
Luigi proves that ghosts can hide their power levels, we shouldn't try to blast her just yet.

"We got called to do a job and it just so happened to tie into your business, therefore that made it our business."
>>
>>43616286
That's why we stall, judging on how she can smoke cigarettes and stuff she can interact with things.

I'm trying to see if she can hit us, if she can actually physically harm us she might be a big deal.
>>
>>43616190
I am with other anons about being only slightly honest here. But I also have a question. Can we try to play with infrared light to give us vision to see the rest of our room.
>>
>>43616361
Let's tell her parts but not the whole, not sure if using our power here is a good idea.
>>
>>43616190
Joke's on her, we're too dumb to be scared.
Buuuut.....if we're too uncooperative, this Catherine is going to have to let the Shadowmen get a little rough with us, just out of principle. Otherwise she'd lose face. Plus we can't afford to be to brash as long as they've got Phanty, assuming they're telling the truth about that. So, we tell them what we think they already know, for now.

"I was working on a case. I'm a private eye; Carlyle and Anon, maybe you've heard of us? I've got a business card in my pocket, I'd give it to you but, well..." We make a sudden, violent burst of effort to try and escape our bonds.

Also, tell her we don't believe the likes of them could ever capture Phanty. Ask for proof they have her, and if they do, demand her release as a condition for telling them more.

And if they show you her and she's in bad shape, we tell this Catherine what we really think of her. We maybe lose our cool a little, capiche? We say a few words no gentleman should ever say to a lady.
>>
>>43616361
I thought we could only manipulate the light, not colors outside of the visible spectrum
>>
>>43616413
*not SEE colors outside the visible spectrum
>>
File: tumblr_nw461ozaLY1u2eeulo2_1280.png (283 KB, 963x1398) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw461ozaLY1u2eeulo2_1280.png
283 KB, 963x1398
So what's going to happen when these all get 404'd after awhile? Even though these get pastbinned maybe we should find another place to store these so we can read them whenever.
>>
>>43616460
Yeah, had trouble like that with Winnie quest too, couldn't find the first one.
>>
>>43616257
You still don't know where Phanty is. Maybe she's trying to rescue you?

Or maybe she's desperately hoping you'll rescue HER.

>>43616237
>>43616262
>>43616286

She smiles a thin, tight lipped smile. "Good boy. Now, wasn't that easy?"

She sashays back to her stool. "So old lady Simmons called you? What did she call you about? It wouldn't happen to be about a certain weak ghost with a taste for punching above her weight class, would it?"

>>43616286
You could try blasting the area in light.

You THINK that might get them off your back long enough to run...

But then the trick is, you don't know WHERE to run to...

A blast of cosmic rays should dispel everyone around her, power levels or no. But as you are it would be EXTREMELY dangerous. Cancer is not a fun way to go.

You could try to form a light WAY in the back and probe your surroundings. Even making a little spot on the wall could help, but you'd have to ROLL 3 d30s to see if anyone but you notices the fairy on the wall...

>>43616328
You'd just have to say something mean/lewd to get her to slap you.

>>43616361
You can't see beyond the visible spectrum.

You've considered an investment in infrared/UV goggles. But Carlyle is a pinch penny on giving you an advancement.

You DO still have your anti-possession hat.

>>43616385
What parts do we tell her?

>>43616413
We can emit light even at cosmic ray frequencies. But doing so is dangerous as we can't see the rays and might give ourselves cancer.

>>43616398

>I've got a business card in my pocket

An ectoplasmic pincer comes from the darkness and frisks you until it finds the card.

It hands it gently to Catherine.

"....I've never heard of you." Catherine says.

>Demand proof that they have her.

Catherine frowns. "Oh honey, you wouldn't want to see her as she is. It would just give you nightmares."

But your bullshit detector is pinging. She's lying. She doesn't have her. They don't have her.

Phanty is safe!

WAT DO WE DO NOW? DO WE ANSWER HER?
>>
>>43616460
>>43616496
...I'll see if I can find those embarrassing and hard to navigate copy+paste jobs I have in google docs...

I'll put the Winnie Quest part 1 stuff on the twitter later.
>>
>>43616560
You could start archiving them on suptg
>>
>>43616532
"You've got nice hips, bet you go through more than your fair share of guys.

Never heard of you either sweety.

Sorry, business client relationship and all that jazz, now, if you're willing to hire me to find out what she needs...

I'll ask again nicely, cause I think we might be able to do business later on. Let me out of this chair."

We should get ready to fry her.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d30)

>>43616532
Try to form a light near the wall to see if you can make any part of the wall out.
>>
File: 1445701430602.png (478 KB, 1258x1867) Image search: [Google]
1445701430602.png
478 KB, 1258x1867
>>43616532
Well now we have to stall, don't we? We could have a one sided banter-off or anything to buy time really.
>>
>>43616532
"Or maybe wet dreams."
Time to test her.
After the slapping/beating ask her what happened to Luigi, he seemed like an alright guy.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d30)

>>43616660
Hmm, or maybe leave out the wet dream remark, it might be better to stay in her good books(?) if we can.
Adding a roll to>>43616653
>>
Rolled 5 (1d30)

>>43616660
I am less inclined to actively insult her. Only because of the beating we got from Luigi, but I have no problem asking about Luigi himself.

And besides. If we're going to get another knuckle sandwhich, may as well be because we tried something with our powers
>>
Ask about Luigi but keep a poker face about Phanty.
>>
>>43616653
>>43616716
>>43616751

I don't foresee a beneficial future for us.
>>
>>43616532
I don't think that "fairy on the wall" thing is a good idea. If we're certain that Phanty is safe, let's just stall until she comes to save us.
If we could get her to hit us, that would also be great.
>>
>>43616767
Can't blame a guy for trying right?
>>
>>43616777
Do you want to have an non-beneficial future?
>>
>>43616660
>Or maybe wet dreams

There's stirring in the darkness behind her.

"My my my Mister Anon... are you trying to rude?"

>>43616644

>If you're willing to hire me

"I think we could come to some sort of deal...I do like talking to you."

>I'll ask again nicely...

"Oh Mr. Anon, my salad days are long, long behind me...but I do like to play reckless once in a while. Maybe if you told me something really helpful, just one thing, I'd let you up."

>>43616653
>>43616716
>>43616751
Oh, this isn't good.

Not only do you make the light too bright to see what it touches, you think you might have misjudged how far back you "pushed" it.

ROLL 3 D30 TO SEE IF YOU JUST GOT CAUGHT

>You've got nice hips...

She glides out of her seat and slaps you.

ROLL 1 D30 TO SEE HOW DURABLE YOU ARE. AND PUT WHETHER YOUR ROLL IS FOR DURABILITY OR TO AVOID GETTING CAUGHT.

>>43616770
TOO LATE MAN, ROLLS ARE LOCKED IN!
>>
File: bee.jpg (29 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
bee.jpg
29 KB, 640x636
Rolled 1 (1d30)

>>43616777

rolling for taking away Super anon's rolling privelages
>>
>>43616803
CRITICAL FAILURE. SUPER ANON IS NOW CHIEF GOD KING OF ROLLING.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d30)

>>43616797
Avoid getting caught
>>
>>43616803
THE BAD ROLLS NEVER END
>>
Rolled 22, 30, 9 = 61 (3d30)

>>43616803
You fuck up...
>>
>>43616460
I just use a screenshot app to turn the whole thread into an image after it goes to archive.
>>
>>43616532
if Phanty's safe, we should stall and lie.

You know the story of the Winchester Mystery House? It's a spooky mansion owned by the Winchesters, the last descendant thought she was being haunted and turned her estate into a maze to confuse spooks.

Let's tell that story, but add tonight's events into the detail -

"Simmons called us because she knew about a ghost in her estate. She feared the ghost was some malevolent spirit that her ancestors killed and it was coming to finish unsettled business. When the ghost stopped appearing she called my office and asked us to see if the ghost had fled for good or not. I'm guessing since the mafia is after her, I can tell Miss Simmons that she shouldn't have to worry about her spook anymore... if I ever get the chance to tell her..."
>>
File: trustnobody.jpg (21 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
trustnobody.jpg
21 KB, 600x405
>>43616803
the irony
>>
>>43616834
This was for durability by the way.
>>
Rolled 26, 27, 22 = 75 (3d30)

>>43616797

rolling thunder
>>
Rolled 23 (1d30)

>>43616797
Rolling for durability

>>43616803
Bitch you just jealous of my Super Anon swagger.
>>
Rolled 21 (1d30)

>>43616797
Are we caught
>>
>>43616834
>>43616854
>Durability

"Swine."

She slaps your face. Hard. You feel the chair under you tilt sightly, and you mange to keep your wits about you for the second it takes to realize....

...that if you put your weigh to it, the chair would tip over, and jerk at the ghost holding you...

YOU COULD USE THIS TO ATTEMPT A DYNAMIC ESCAPE IF YOU WANT!

>>43616826
>>43616868
>>43616876

You just barely manage to cut the light in time.

You remain uncaught.
>>
>>43616902
DYNAMIC ESCAPE

do we need to roll?
>>
>>43616913
Nope.

But you might once they see you roll free.
>>
>>43616925
Lets wait for an opening. lets not get into this too fast
>>
>>43616902
Do it.

"I tried to be nice!"

Use the hyper beam when we get up.
>>
>>43616902
dynamic escape and then what? Do we rainbow our way out? I'm thinking if we get the ghosts to scatter a bit we could find a way out. We just have to be fast and have good roles.
>>
>>43616985
>Can we emit light from specific parts of ourself?
>Can we shoot light canons from our mouth like a fuckin' Rayquaza shooting a Hyper Beam?
If so, I, too, am voting for DYNAMIC ESCAPE

Maybe we could even name our attack, and shout it as we perform the attack? Though, that might be a bit too weeb for this Anon
>>
>>43617052
Yeah this anon is hard boiled. I think he would just generate the blast, but I could also see him doing eye lasers.
>>
>>43616902
We don't even know where to escape to! I vote wait and hope for a better opening.
>>
>>43616985
>>43616986
>>43617072
SPRAY AND PRAY

VS

>>43617088
>>43616965
PRAY AND WAIT

You force the chair over and it cracks beneath you. The ghostly arms holding you in places slacken just enough under the sudden shock for you to roll out of their grasp.

They were expecting that you might use your light to escape the chair. But they weren't expecting this.

Everyone is stunned. You have the initiative. You better make it count.

DO WE SHOOT WIDE BEAM AHEAD OF US? ALL AROUND US? DO WE TARGET CATHERINE WITH A NARROW, POWERFUL RAINBOW COLUMN?

WHAT'S THE BATTLE PLAN?
>>
>>43616902
>>43616965
Negotiations are breaking down, we're fairly certain they don't have Phanty captive to use as leverage, (and here in the real world it's getting late.) It's time to get crazy.

Tip the chair, pop to our feet, and hit the entire room with DISCO FEVER. (As many strobing lights as we can muster).

Try to blink in time with the strobes so our vision doesn't suffer. That works, right?
>>
>>43617154
Rainbows everywhere! Pour all your pride into one maximum area-of-effect attack!

MAKE FEMME FATALE TASTE THE RAINBOW IN HELL
>>
File: ogrelord.jpg (30 KB, 480x384) Image search: [Google]
ogrelord.jpg
30 KB, 480x384
>>43617154
AOE, we might be able to disperse the little guys and stun Catherine with a high enough roll, we do have a +5 to ghost combat roles.

Hit them up then look for a window or door.
>>
>>43617154
>ALL AROUND US?
All around us, just like explosion wave from DBZ
>>
wait something doesn't add up
>>43615397
>smoking a cigarette
>>43616190
>Boots making solid sounds on concrete
>>43616052
>Doesn't know Rico's been melted, she'd been informed of that
>>43616532
We know she's lying about phanty
>>43616902
>Hits us in the face, even though we suspect she's got friends around.

I think we're dealing with a lady with opposite powers of ours. We're photokinetic while the dame asking questions is uh... whatever it is that manipulates darkness.

So I'm not sure ultraviolet light will affect her like it did Rico. Maybe a flash of light in her eyes will disorient her enough for us to get a hold of her if we escape?
>>
>>43617154
Focus on Catherine, since I'm going with my theory here
>>43617229
that I was writing up when you were tallying votes and makin' posts
>>
>>43617229
Manipulating darkness is just getting rid of light, so it's still photon manipulation. We could manipulate darkness if we wanted to, right?
>>
File: disco.gif (3 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
disco.gif
3 MB, 400x400
>>43617154
>>
>>43617268
I dunno, in some comics people use the darkness like a green lantern construct, I guess it depends on what Questman wants to do
>>
Do we still have our plus 5 for fighting ghosts?
>>
>>43617332
Guess that depends on if she really is a ghost.
>>
>>43617342
There are others in the room besides her silly.
>>
>>43617342
We'll either get important data or stun her.
Set phasers to Pink Floyd and unload everything
>>
File: 0e0.gif (997 KB, 475x267) Image search: [Google]
0e0.gif
997 KB, 475x267
>>43617154
This. While doing the most Hardboiled Face we can do.
>>
>>43617329
>>43617268
>>43617229

You guys are close...

>>43617332
...Yes

>>43617372
>>43617370
>>43617326
>>43617227
>>43617228
>>43617217
>Light nuke

ONE ROLL.

YOU GET JUST ONE ROLL WITH EVERYTHING BEHIND IT.

D

GO
>>
Rolled 12 (1d30)

>>43617415
>>
>>43617427
▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
>>
>>43617450
We got above average anon, it should give us enough room to bolt.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d30)

>>43617415
>>
>>43617415
hmmmm...mebbe it's bunch of shadow monsters and not ghosts? I get the feeling Catherine the great's not part of the ghost mafia...
>>
>>43617427

The room explodes with light.

You're in some sort of warehouse. It's large. You can see a catwalk overhead. There are wooden crates. A forklift. A couple of doors...

And one door with an exit sign over it.

Behind Catherine, and in the corner of your vision are several...ghosts?

You've never seen ghosts like these before. They seem more...fluid. Their shapes are less humanoid. Instead of legs many of them just...either end in thin air or slump into a blob. Their "faces' are featureless. Some have one arm. Others have two.

And some look WRONG.

Holes with teeth. Arms with arms coming out. Hands only halfway formed.

Pincers. Maws. Nightmare faces. Animal features.

The sight of the unsettles you so much you lose the initiative...

"DAMN IT!" Catherine yells with an...accent?

"GET HIM!"

From one of the ghosts(?) a long scythe like extension thrusts out at you.

ROLL 1D30 TO AVOID
>>43617463
Halfway to success is 15.
>>
File: ahhh-mediocre.jpg (32 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
ahhh-mediocre.jpg
32 KB, 500x281
>>43617427
>>
Rolled 27 (1d30)

>>43617549
>>
Rolled 22 (1d30)

>>43617549
Ahhh so they aren't ghosts, thanks for letting me know.

Run like a bitch!
>>
>>43617570
That's the super anon we know and love.
>>43617549
Accent? Methinks we're going to be researching some foreign ghost myths.
>>
>>43617570
SHOWTIME!
>>
File: phantyquest anon.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
phantyquest anon.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>43617570
There is still hope!
PhantyQuest Anon can still be the badass rainbow detective this world needs!
>>
Look around to see if there is a door.
If there is a door, close it. Then use high frequency radiation (Not cosmic, microwaves are enough) on the doorknob so anyone solid will burn themselves when trying to open it.
>>
>>43617593
I've always been here, inside your heart.
>>
>>43617616
AFTER we've gone through.
>>
>>43617570
Super Anon to the rescue!

You don't dodge the scythe. You burn it away in a shower of light.

You move the beam back up through the appendage and into the center of the monster.

It evaporates with a hiss.

There are a lot of these things around you. But whatever they are they just have numbers. That felt easier to do than vapeing a regular ghost.
>>43617582
>>43617616
>>43617632

DO WE RUN?

OR IS IT TIME FOR A BOSS FIGHT?
>>43617593
You have no idea what kind of weirdness you just walked into.
>>
>>43617549
Run towards the exit sign, FAST
>>
>>43617640
Boss fight!

Go big or go home!
>>
>>43617640
I'm betting they're shadow monsters, they seem pretty weak against concentrated light.

I still say we run towards the exit, but we make some cover fire of intense sunlight to help scatter 'em away from us
>>
>>43617640
Let's get some answers, if things get ugly we know where to run to get out of dodge. Fire a shot at Catherine's legs,no wait better, aim at her hips. Incapacitate and begin questioning.

*Sniff* All I ever wanted was to help.
>>
>>43617640
>She will not tell the truth unless you corner her hard.
We need information, and it looks like this is a good chance to get some.

Voting for boss fight.
>>
>>43617640
This dame's got my dander up. For once I think we should fight this one out.

For a couple reason I'm starting to suspect this Catherine isn't with the Ghost Mafia, but is some sort of independent agent who sees an opportunity to make a score. Maybe she's involved with whatever Sarah has been up to, which is starting to look like a plot to swindle or con the Ghost Mafia using Sarah as a cat's paw.
>>
>>43617640
>You have no idea what kind of weirdness you just walked into.
Shit, are we dealing with malasyan monsters? Those fuckers are weird.
>>
>>43617640 #
Oh boy, oh boy! You taunt me so!

Before we go any farther. I need our status.

What's injured, what do we have, what are we missing? How do we feel?

I am leaning towards boss fight
>>
>>43617640
FOIIIIIGHT
>>
Fight music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-hJeM7gRcs
>>
>>43617656
>>43617665
>>43617708
BOSS BATTLE TIME

First Boss Battle of Phanty Quest and First Boss Battle of Ghoul Quest overall. Unless you want to count White Fell. But that was more us softening her up for Winnie.

>>43617665
No.

You felt them. They felt like ectoplasma. And they burn like etoplasma.

Even if they aren't ghosts, they're made of ecto.

>>43617644
>>43617665
You dash over to the exit sign past through where the ugly you just vaped used to be.

>>43617708
And on your way you fire off a finger beam at Catherine's (generously wide) hips.

You don't need to roll because...it does nothing.

Nothing at all.

The light just sits on her as if you flashed Carlyle or a regular human...

THAT certainly isn't normal...

Turning back you see Catherine and a handful of uglies shambling your way-about seven of them.

"ARGH! MAC SOITH!" Catherine yells at you.

TRY TO BLIND CATHERINE? SHOOT AN AREA ATTACK? FOCUS ON ONE CREATURE AT A TIME?

....You feel a certain chill in the air. You lit up the warehouse, and yet you feel...as if something is pushing back against your light...

ROLL 1D30 TO KEEP THE LIGHTS ON
>>
>>43617656
Seconded. Believe in the Anon that believes in you!
>>
Rolled 23 (1d30)

>>43617816
The show must go on
>>
Rolled 2 (1d30)

>>43617816
Turn off the dark
>>
>>43617816
Mac Soith is irish for son of a bitch. We got ourselves a leprechaun, rainbows do nothing!
>>
File: LeadingEquatorialHippopotamus.gif (1 MB, 501x279) Image search: [Google]
LeadingEquatorialHippopotamus.gif
1 MB, 501x279
>>43617833
>>
>>43617836
FUCKING SOILED IT
>>
>>43617833
The lights not only stay on, but you don't need to roll next round for them to stay on.

Its not so much you pushed the darkness back as you SHOVED it back.

BATTLE COMMAND?
>>
>>43617854
Aren't banshees from there too?
>>
>>43617882
Area Denial, always
>>
Could be a Sluagh, an irish sinner come back to collect souls. I doubt she is a banshee
>>
>>43617862
Only needed one. And you got it.
>>
>>43617882
Tackle the shit out of Catherine.
>>
File: The Only Answer.png (101 KB, 630x310) Image search: [Google]
The Only Answer.png
101 KB, 630x310
>>43617882
dice+1d30
The Correct Choice
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.