[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shinigami Savant Quest #60
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 22
File: Seireitei_vector.jpg (211 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
Seireitei_vector.jpg
211 KB, 848x480
You are Kusajishi Riku, a shinigami and Captain of the Ninth Division of the Seireitei's Court Guard.

The inner world of your own soul is a desolate landscape, but at the same time it has always struck you as a surprisingly calming place despite its inhospitable appearance. The low hiss of gasses as they escape from the burning, blackened earth beneath your feet greets your ears, interrupted only by the crashing of distant waves on a rocky shore. A ceiling of stormy gray clouds stands motionless in the sky above, as if they were painted onto the inside of a dome by some masterful hand rather than having arisen due to some natural phenomenon. And the lone cherry tree where your zanpakuto spirits stand, eternally locked in luminous bloom, fills the still air with the faint but evocative scent of sakura.

Sometimes you wonder if anyone else's inner world is this weird by default.

“The first way of Ura Hadō, called “Sōgenbi”, is a dangerous technique in many ways,” your first zanpakuto Tenkotsuki explains, her nine golden tails swaying behind her idly, almost as if they were actually capable of boredom and restlessness. “To learn, to use, and in the existential sense. However such a technique is not without its uses... else it would never have been created in the first place.”

“I fear the time may soon come when you will need it.”

That sounds unusually ominous. “How do you mean, Tenkotsuki?”

“Before I sealed myself away from Muramasa,” she explains, recalling the moment when the rogue zanpakuto tried to forcibly “release” her from you and control her mind for his own ends, “I felt something that concerned me greatly. Something elusive, behind the chaotic and confused mass of his own energy and the hollow energy which currently sustains him.”
>1/?
>>
File: 1437543250600.jpg (363 KB, 700x1050) Image search: [Google]
1437543250600.jpg
363 KB, 700x1050
>>47002580
Ah, so that's how a zanpakuto could remain active in such a state. With his wielder sealed rather than killed, all Muramasa would need to do is find an alternate method for resupplying his own reserves of reiatsu. With spiritual energy and a living wielder, of course he could survive long enough to pose a threat once more. But to feed on hollows for such a long time... his wielder must have been sealed well before you even joined the Onmitsukidō, maybe even before you died in the living world.

“He can't possibly be stable,” you conclude, your tone darkening at the realization of how dangerous Muramasa may still prove to be.

“Worse still,” Rosa continues, her echoing voice picking up where Tenkotsuki left off, “the vixen here told me hollows may not be all he's been eating.”

“I take it you're not talking McDonald's.”

“Though it would not surprise me to find one in Hueco Mundo, no,” Tenkotsuki sighs.

“Alright,” you frown, “so that's why you seem to think the time's right to learn it. But what's this about an “existential” danger?”

“Sōgenbi itself is the Saishodō, not the weakest technique but the first and perhaps most representative,” Tenkotsuki explains, beginning in her typical roundabout manner. “Unlike the system of numbered kidō that shinigami rely upon, Ura Hadō rely not on overwhelming power for their effectiveness but rather overwhelming force of will.”

“In the common tongue please, vixen,” Rosa chides, crossing her arms testily.
>2/3
>>
File: 241Muramasa_says.png (282 KB, 710x461) Image search: [Google]
241Muramasa_says.png
282 KB, 710x461
>>47002633
“Ura Hadō is an outgrowth of what one might call an “arms race”, among beings who could literally write their will upon reality,” Tenkotsuki summarizes. “As such they may have a destructive effect more similar to a kidō spell much lower than the degree of difficulty and effort involved would suggest, but they will harm any being so long as the user's will is strong enough.”

“Meaning if you have the willpower, you can kick Susano'o in the balls and even he'll feel it,” Rosa adds. Rosa, answering the REAL question here.

“Strictly speaking, no,” Tenkotsuki replies with a frown. “But you could perhaps set him on fire, and then start kicking him. Whether that is a good idea or not... let us simply remind ourselves that “can” is not the same as “should”, and move on.”

>So by learning this technique I'll be stepping into a “balance of power” of sorts?
>Are there any other caveats that I should know about before proceeding?
>What does the “Saishodō” do, and why should I learn that technique rather than any other?
>Cool, but you had me at “new technique”. Where do we begin?
>Other?
>>
>>47002654
Gotta know it all.
>>
>>47002654
>So by learning this technique I'll be stepping into a “balance of power” of sorts?
>>
>>47002633

>“I take it you're not talking McDonald's.”

>“Though it would not surprise me to find one in Hueco Mundo, no,” Tenkotsuki sighs.
kek

>>47002654
I take it the second I learn this people will start poking at us.
>>
>>47002654
>What does the “Saishodō” do, and why should I learn that technique rather than any other?
>>
>>47002654
>>Are there any other caveats that I should know about before proceeding?
>>
>>47002654
>>Are there any other caveats that I should know about before proceeding?
>>Other?
Should we base assumptions on how this works with reiatsu clashing with one another as an example? Like, superior willpower "cuts" the lesser one so to speak?
>>
>>47002788
It's never THAT simple, but it's also not an unfair summary.
>>
>Writing
>>
File: 1436998296415.jpg (43 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1436998296415.jpg
43 KB, 450x600
>>47002905
“So I take it as soon as it becomes clear I've learned this technique, there's a chance that it'll being an uncomfortable amount of focus on us?” you ask.

Your zanpakuto nods calmly. “Part of the reason I hesitated to take this step was the same reason I hesitated to tell you of my true nature, so many decades ago. The spiritual world is a larger and more complicated world than any shinigami could possibly realize, and much of their safety comes from mutual ignorance.”

“When you learn this technique, there is no returning to that safety. I did not want you to have to make that decision.”

After a moment's contemplation, you give her a solemn nod of understanding. “Are there any other caveats I should know about?”

“There are,” Tenkotsuki admits. “I would hate for you to take away the impression that this is somehow an unbeatable technique, which will guarantee you victory. It is not. What it will do is give you an opportunity to win where ordinary techniques that have been available to you would not. And if you choose the wrong time to use it, or else you lack the resolve to see it through, it will still fail.”

The look she's giving you finishes the thought without her having to speak it: if you're in a fight where such a technique is useful, and you fail at it, odds are good that you and everyone you care about will die. Even knowing this technique is a huge burden of responsibility, one not to be taken lightly.

But if Tenkotsuki is correct, and she usually is, it's one which you may have no choice but to accept.

“Do it right or we all die, got it,” you nod.

“Are you prepared now?” Tenkotsuki asks you, while Rosa takes several slow, deliberate steps around your left side.

>Yes.
>No.
>Take the initiative.
>Other?
>>
>>47003098
>Yes.
>>
>>47003098
>>Yes.
>>
>>47003098
>Take the initiative.
>>
>>47003098
>Yes.

If we're going to take the fight to Aizen, we have to be able to set him on fire. Just on principle at this point.
>>
>>47003098
>Take the initiative.
Well, if Tenko puts it as an all or nothing deal, might as well approach it with this mindset from the get go.
>>
>>47003098
>>Yes.
>>
>>47003098
>Any last words or an eulogy for the 3 of us to share? It was nice knowing you Tenkotsuki, you too Rosa.
>Yes. We're ready.
>>
>dice+3d10
>dc is a modest 6
>>
Rolled 10, 6, 3 = 19 (3d10)

>>47003412
>>
Rolled 8, 2, 4 = 14 (3d10)

>>47003098
Here we go, a slow thread, a slow session. One last dance.
>>
Good to see you here.
>>
Rolled 9, 9, 1 = 19 (3d10)

>>47003412
>>
Rolled 6, 5, 5 = 16 (3d10)

>>47003434
It seems I failed in that roll, lets retry it eventhought it is too late
>>
Fine rolls for a high DC.
>>
>>47003472
Not really high, It starts getting high at 7 and up.
>>
>>47003516
>>47003472
>>47003412
why do I get the feeling that the DC checks will start ramping up in difficulty due to accelerated Jinzen training and the moment we fail a DC is moment we exit Jinzen?
>>
>>47003472
And with this system fails are somewhat common. A nice refreshing thing compared to for example Orc Warlord where we use rerolls left and right.

>>47003575
That is possibility.
>>
File: 1437107320904.png (944 KB, 784x1487) Image search: [Google]
1437107320904.png
944 KB, 784x1487
“I've lived a good life... er, afterlife,” you offer quietly. “It was a pleasure and an honor to know the both of you. I'm ready when you are.”

“Good,” Rosa replies, now from behind you. “Good to hear you've made your peace.”

The first swing of Rosa's reishi weapon arcs low, scraping her bayonet across the tortured earth before continuing towards your right hip. It's a movement that's easily avoided as you pivot and draw your own sword, which clashes loudly against the butt of her musket as she predicts your own response. A downward sweep of your own sword leaves a tiny cut in her sleeve as she avoids it, and a downward blow of the stock narrowly misses the shoulder she was aiming for.

As your sheath locks against the forearm of her weapon, you can feel the pressure of her extraordinary physical power. No wonder she could hurt Muramasa so badly... it's almost enough to make you feel bad for him, knowing that a blow like this hit him right in his dumb face.

“Fine speed,” Rosa commends you. “Uninspired, but solid.”

“Is that a compliment or a criticism?”

“Both,” she replies, kicking off of your lead thigh to disengage and firing a reishi bullet at you. The projectile kicks up a spray of shattered volcanic glass as it misses you cleanly. Perfectly aimed, but also easily avoided.

Tenkotsuki, meanwhile, has taken her usual position at the base of her tree. She's not watching you, but her ears twitch in that particular way that tells you she's feeling every move you make from the reiatsu you release. It seems she's taken a great interest in your responses.

“So is this it?” you challenge the two reflections of your soul. “You're not gonna do this together?”

“That would defeat the purpose,” Tenkotsuki responds.
>1/2
>>
File: 1450389106655.jpg (309 KB, 514x1036) Image search: [Google]
1450389106655.jpg
309 KB, 514x1036
>>47003721
“Are you gonna give me any specifics, like a training regimen? Or a plan? Nothing?”

“That too would defeat the purpose,” Tenkotsuki repeats as Rosa rounds on you once more.

>Continue combating Rosa with your sword and hakuda, get a sense for her abilities.
>Try to observe her more carefully, avoid overcomitting for now.
>Set aside your sword. Try and get creative with hakuda and kidō
>Other?
>>
>>47003739
>>
>>47003739
>Continue combating Rosa with your sword and hakuda, get a sense for her abilities.
Put the pressure on her.
>>
>>47003739
>>
>>47003739
>>Try to observe her more carefully, avoid overcomitting for now.
>>
>>47003739
>>
>>47003739
>>Continue combating Rosa with your sword and hakuda, get a sense for her abilities
>>
>>47003721
This pic still cracks me up
>>47003739
>>
>>47003739
>>Continue combating Rosa with your sword and hakuda, get a sense for her abilities.
>>
>>47003739
>Set aside your sword. Try and get creative with hakuda and kidō
Ura-hado falls within purview of the Kido and Hado arts. Why not start from there?
>>
>Writing
>>
>>47003739
Also, 3d10 again. DC is still 6.

I'll be back in a few minutes.
>>
Rolled 10, 2, 8 = 20 (3d10)

>>47004046
Watch this trip 1
>>
Rolled 4, 1, 8 = 13 (3d10)

>>47004046
>>
Rolled 8, 10, 1 = 19 (3d10)

>>47004046
>>
Rolled 5, 9, 3 = 17 (3d10)

>>47004046
>>
Huh, well that could have gone worse.
>>
>>47004090
DCs will get worse anon. We're training in accelerated Jinzen Meditation with a 100 hr(Jinzentime):1 hr (realtime) Time Dilation ratio. Not to mention Rosa seems to be going easy on you and Tenkotsuki has not yet made a single move except for the twitch of her fox ears.
>>
>>47004090
>>47004135
We have to prepare our asses for those DC 9 rolls
>>
File: 1430001827095.png (86 KB, 337x268) Image search: [Google]
1430001827095.png
86 KB, 337x268
You have no idea how long it takes you to work out the pattern: your ability to discern the passage of time is always thrown off by this place, where everything is cast in the same eternal twilight and your own reiatsu surrounds you on all sides. But eventually you do notice it: probably because you've bee mostly avoiding her attempts to club you over the head or skewer you through your guts. Otherwise you might have been too caught up for it.

Rosa's movements aren't actually all that good, at least by the standards of modern bayonet-fighting. That art may be essentially dead in Japan these days, as jūkendō was banned after the war, but that said Rosa must have fought for many years using better technique than this.

The wide sweeps are almost deliberately telegraphed, and the fact that her blade keeps scratching out little grooves in the ground around you... wait.

“I see,” you grimace, catching on to her plan.

Rosa laughs. “Took you long enough. Yeah, I've been setting this up for ages now. Though you keep movin' around so much it's no wonder it took a while to spot. I've had to start fresh more times than I care to admit.”

“Every strike of my weapon works as if it were a seele schnieder,” she explains further. “Bit by bit I've been loosening up more reishi to fight with, while you've been tiring out. In here you still have the same limits as your physical body would, but in here? I'm still a quincy, Riku. All of your reiryoku is also my power.”

“In this inner world of yours, you might as well call me a goddess.”
>1/2
>>
File: wellshit.jpg (70 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
wellshit.jpg
70 KB, 1920x1040
>>47004380
Another heavy blow crashes against your sword-arm, and you need to immediately brace it with your sheath as well. The strength behind that attack was even more insane than the previous ones, and the slow trickle of reishi from the terrain of your own inner world leaves you certain that the next blow will be stronger still.

A blow from behind nearly dislocates your left shoulder. You're having a little bit of trouble keeping track of her movements as they grow faster and more precise by what you can only assume right now is the minute.

>Disengage, rely on ranged attacks?
>Try and bind her to create an opening?
>Rely on omnidirectional and wide-angle attacks, take away the advantage of mobility?
>Other?
>>
>>47004397
>>Try and bind her to create an opening?
>>
>>47004397
>Wait... This is our innerworld also!
>>
>>47004397
>>
>>47004397
>>
>>47004397
>Rely on omnidirectional and wide-angle attacks, take away the advantage of mobility?
>>
>>47004397
>Other: You forgot one thing Rosa, you're not the only "goddess" here. If you can use the reishi of the inner world, so can I."
>take control of the inner world.
>>47004429
supporting this:
>>
>>47004397

>In this inner world of yours, you might as well call me a goddess.”
Heh
>>
>>47004397
>>47004464
Second.
>>
>>47004429
Supporting this also. Can backfire, but too tasty to disregard as mad rambling by anon
>>
>>47004397
>>
>>47004429
supporting this. I just remembered the part where we got Muramasa to BTFO in our innerworld. We had the power of our innerworld in our hands the whole time. we can manipulate the reishi of the innerworld in a way so that Rosa's volstandig can never come into solid contact with a single reishi particle.
>>
>>47004429
>>47004397
supporting this. This is crazy, but it can work because it worked on Muramasa.
>>
>>47004397
>dice+3d10
>dc 7
>>
Rolled 2, 7, 8 = 17 (3d10)

>>47004653
>>
Rolled 7, 7, 4 = 18 (3d10)

>>47004653
WOO
>>
Rolled 9, 4, 2 = 15 (3d10)

>>47004653
and thus the dice checks begin to ramp up.
>>
Rolled 1, 10, 3 = 14 (3d10)

>>47004653
>>
>>47004661
>>47004664
We got through, good job lads
>>
>“As such they may have a destructive effect more similar to a kidō spell much lower than the degree of difficulty and effort involved would suggest, but they will harm any being so long as the user's will is strong enough.”
Guys, I'm worried about passing the first lesson of Ura-Hado. We may have to give Rosa Permanent Burn scars in Jinzen in order to learn and master Sogen-bi.
>>
>>47004898
>not having faith

Bitchnigga pls
>>
File: Ep126Gritz.png (421 KB, 636x478) Image search: [Google]
Ep126Gritz.png
421 KB, 636x478
A goddess, huh? It's almost like she's egging you on with bullshit like that.

“Two can play at that game,” you smirk. With a deep breath you fan the azure flames that surround you and drive them forward with sheer willpower, and Rosa's black eyes widen in surprise as she raises her weapon. Her bayonet sweeps through the wall of fire like a scythe through grass, and the flames themselves begin to dissolve as she strips their reishi apart and begins to rotate them. Gradually she absorbs the particles, her bayonet raised and ready to strike.

Then she freezes.

“What?” she demands, finally noticing the reiatsu chain you've wrapped around her arm and pulled behind her back with a cleverly-timed hirenkyaku. “When the hell did you...”

The moment's pause is all you needed to complete your incantation.

“Bakudo 63: Sajō Sabaku!”

A second set of luminous chains snake their way along the first, wrapping around Rosa in an instant and locking her into that awkward position. Rather than panicking your quincy opposite begins to growl her own incantation.

“A silver rod strikes the five-fingered stone bed.”

“Gritz!”

From within the enveloping chains of your own Sajō Sabaku a film of reishi erupts, rapidly solidifying into a series of silver plates. The force of the expansion bursts the kidō chains as it forms someing of a sarcophagus around Rosa's body, ending in a five-pointed quincy cross in the front.

“So, you were forced to use Gintō,” you command, stretching out your own fingers and gathering a powerful, crackling mass of yellow reiatsu at the tips. “Hadō 63: Raikōhō.”

The thunderbolt strikes out like a lance of pure energy, striking the structural weak spot left by the cross-like joint where the silver plates of Rosa's coffin-like fortress meet. The blast shatters the hard shell, but doesn't quite have the effect you intend as a voice shouts from within.
>1/2
>>
>>47004949
“Wolke!”

The outburst of reishi from within the existing Gritz blasts fragments of silvery-steel outwards, further powered by the containment the rest of the shell offers. You're pelted by dozens of sharp fragments, and as the Gritz collapses around her you see Rosa take aim.

>DOOOODGE!
>Close and engage: a technique as old as time.
>Counter with a powerful kidō of your own?
>Other?
>>
>>47004979
>>Close and engage: a technique as old as time.
>>
>>47004979
>Counter with a powerful kidō of your own?
Hiryū Gekizoku Shinten Raihō!
>>
>>47004979
>>DOOOODGE!
>>
>>47004979
>DOOOODGE!
>>
>>47004979
>DOOOODGE!

oshit
>>
>>47004979
>while running towards her, throw in dodging Zig-zag movements at irregular intervals to throw off her aim.
>>
>>47004979
DODGING IS FOR LOSERS
>>
>>47004979
>>47005003
Second.
>>
>>47004979
>Other:Bakudō 61: Rikujōkōrō
Lock up her aim so she can't re-adjust it when we dodge!
>>
>>47004979
>>
>>47004979
>feint >DOOOODGE! But actually dodge and counter attack with your sword
>>
>>47004979
In this order:
>Other:Bakudō 61: Rikujōkōrō, Lock up her aim so she can't re-adjust
>Dodge! throw in zig-zag movements at irregular intervals while we
>>
>>47004979
>>
>>47005088
>A vote that will be ignored.
>>
>>47005088
that seems really complicated but most likely to succeed ignoring the dice. So sure.
>>
>dice+3d10
>dc 8
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 4 = 7 (3d10)

>>47005248
Time to fail!
>>
Rolled 1, 9, 3 = 13 (3d10)

>>47005248
>>
Rolled 2, 6, 5 = 13 (3d10)

>>47005248
>>
Rolled 4, 1, 5 = 10 (3d10)

>>47005248
come on big money.
>>
Ooo, this is going to sting.
>>
>>47005274
You're not kidding. But it will at least be quite spectacular.
>writing
>>
RIP. It was good questing with you anons!
>>
>>47005256
>>47005258
>>47005259
So we probably didn't die? But given the stakes are we maimed? Did King finally get to take off one of her arms?
>>
File: 1451173996432.jpg (44 KB, 460x461) Image search: [Google]
1451173996432.jpg
44 KB, 460x461
These rolls, jessus!
>>
>>47005309
>he says, as we have things that can regen our limbs

okay.
>>
>>47005306
>>47005309
It wasn't even a crit fail you mooks.
>>
>>47005345
Super high stakes though. I mean if you're dodging a nuke and you fail, you don't say, "Oh well it's only a standard fail."
>>
File: 1432429060398.jpg (19 KB, 440x247) Image search: [Google]
1432429060398.jpg
19 KB, 440x247
>>47005298
You can't let her pull that trigger. With the power she's been building up a direct bodyshot could be bad, and a headshot is something you want to avoid at all costs. You have no doubt that such precision shooting from her is definitely a possibility.

“Rikujōkōrō!” you shout, and six petals of light slam into Rosa's body as the last chunks of Gritz fall away.

Instead of approaching directly you jink, using rapid and irregular changes of direction with your hirenkyaku to ensure that even if Rosa can break your own binding spell she'll be unable to shoot you. As you raise your blade for a strike from over your right shoulder, Rosa sighs in what seems like defeat.

“Sprenger.”

The gintō's stored energy binds your feet to the ground as more reiatsu builds up all around you. Dangerous amounts of reiatsu that burn away at your uniform and sting against your skin, while simultaneously enveloping Rosa as well.

The resulting explosion rocks you to the very core of your being. The pain is beyond description, and the blast completely blinds you for a long time after it dissipates.

Rosa pants nearby, freed of her binds but nevertheless unable to move due to her own injuries. Not only is her skin smoldering and burned from the explosion, but it also steams and hisses as her blut begins to slowly regenerate her body from the inside. You can tell your own body is doing something similar, albeit slower and with more effort required on your part.

“I wish I hadn't had to do that,” she admits, “but when I set that up I'll admit I didn't anticipate you leading with bakudō that quickly."

"It was a good reaction."
>1/2
>>
>>47005538
“To use Sprenger on yourself, you must be real confident of your own healing abilities. I didn't realize that's what you'd been doing from the start... you misdirected me with your reishi absorption trick."

Rosa offers a pained grin. “Blut is a hell of a technique, and with my special technique I was able to break down some of the reishi of the blast wave itself. Looks like you had a similar idea?”

“I couldn't get shunkō up fast enough to use hanki,” you admit through your own exhaustion. “All I could manage was to try and rely on brute force.”

“It wasn't enough,” Rosa observes. “I'm healing faster, and your reiatsu has begun to really deplete while mine will soon recover. What are you going to do next?”

>All out physical assault.
>All out kido assault.
>Mixed strategy, make her wear you down while punishing any mistakes she may make.
>One shot. One opportunity. Put it all on the line.
>Other?

ALSO
>Continue trying to regenerate?
>Stop regenerating as soon as you're stable?
>Don't bother regenerating. It'll end soon one way or the other.
>>
>>47005565
>>One shot. One opportunity. Put it all on the line.
>>
>>47005565
>Mixed strategy, make her wear you down while punishing any mistakes she may make.
>>
>>47005565
>>
>>47005565
>One shot. One opportunity mentality with Mixed strategy.
>Take active control of the innerworld, deny her the reishi she needs for attacking and recovery.
>>
>>47005565
>All out kido assault.
>>
>>47005565
>>
>>47005565
>Take active control of the innerworld, bring all the reishi towards you and compress it into fuel for your Kido.
>Go into the new form of Soko Shunko.
>>
>>47005565

What's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>47005565
>Stop regenerating as soon as you're stable
>>
>>47005565
>Use Shunkō:Furosuto no akki
for those who don't remember about this form of shunko, it's the form we found when we fought our nephew.
>>
>>47005778
No offense, But that's a shit name, I'd rather go with Howaito-ō no yoroi , White King's Armor.
>>
>>47005778
I'm not really sure why we're putting it all on the line as if expecting the dice to reward our boldness, but I can get behind using that form of Shunko if we have the power and time left to do so.
>>
Rolled 4, 1, 8 = 13 (3d10)

>3d10, dc 8
>>
File: 1428632458377.jpg (158 KB, 1240x1433) Image search: [Google]
1428632458377.jpg
158 KB, 1240x1433
Rolled 7, 4, 6 = 17 (3d10)

>>47005891
>>
Rolled 4, 10, 7 = 21 (3d10)

>>47005847
There wasn't a formal name found in the char sheet pastebin, so I had to go with a name proposal that was in the thread
>>47005891
>>
Rolled 4, 1, 7 = 12 (3d10)

>>47005891
>>
>>47005891
um why did you roll dice queen? if that's Rosa's opposed roll, then why do we need a separate dc?
>>
>4s and 7s
Retsu pls
Doge pls
>>
Well that ain't happening.
>>
>>47005899
>>47005904
>>47005909
Yeah no. I'm not really sure what anyone was expecting, like it's not as if putting everything on the line for one attack would be -easier- than anything else. Like really, we only barely got a DC7 and even that was improbable.

And unfortunately, the QM's roll which was just DC4, was probably more saving us than hurting us.
>>
>>47005904
So close, better luck next time anon.

And with that I am off, too sleepy to continue. All of you, have fun.
>>
>>47005939
It was actually a mistake on my part. Apologies.
>writing
>>
Rolled 5, 1, 8 = 14 (3d10)

Testing dice to see if they hate me as much as they hate the rest of you.
>>
>>47005960
which part was the mistake? The DC or the your dice roll?
>>
>>47005960
I'm not really sure what there was to learn from this, like does it being a DC8 mean going all in -wasn't- the best course of action despite being told repeatedly that we had no endurance game, and a better strategy would have had a lower DC?
>>
File: 1461298386092.png (251 KB, 1793x1300) Image search: [Google]
1461298386092.png
251 KB, 1793x1300
>>47005565
With a roar, you pour energy into activating your new, still unnamed form of shunkō and charge Rosa with your blade held high over your right shoulder. But as she raises her weapon to parry, you kick her under the ribs. Something crunches, and Rosa's eyes widen. You're not sure if she's realized already what your technique can do, but when you try to fake her out again it ends in an exchange of blows.

You don't feel it, but you're sure at least one of your ribs shatters as Rosa's buttstock collides with your side. Your body tries to keep up, slowly regenerating your numerous injuries, but you eventually stop. The amount of energy it takes is quite simply too much to manage right now.

“This is that technique?” Rosa finally realizes as she goes on the defensive, struggling to keep your blows from connecting with her body again as her body has already begun to go numb. “God, you can be such a pain in the ass!”

A massive, kidō-empowered punch knocks Rosa back on her feet, and you pour almost every last ounce of strength into one final effort while she's off-balance. “Hiryū Gekizoku Shinten Raihō!”

Even off-balance however, Rosa has an option. She extends her right hand.

“Cero dominante!”

Her cero, a brilliant blue in color, shows how desperate she is... but also how much power she has left. The hollow technique sucks in reishi from your inner world, powering it to unthinkable levels before slamming into your own technique. Even Tenkotsuki has to move to take cover at the titanic convergence of forces.

Your spell begins to lose ground as they blasts struggle, and the cero dominante begins to absorb energy directly from your attack.

More gintō leave Rosa's hands.

“Feel the wrath of battle,” she incants over the roar of the clashing reiatsu, “and accept this sacred chalice.”

“Heizen!”
>1/2
>>
>>47006215
Strangely, in the instant you realize to be your moment of greatest weakness, you hear only silence. The world seems deadly still.

A voice interrupts.

"Do you trust me, Lady Riku?"

>Yes.
>I'm not sure anymore.
>Do you need to ask?
>No?
>Other?
>>
>>47006266
>>Yes.
>>
>>47006266
>Yes.
>>
>>47006266
>Do you need to ask?
>>
>>47006266
>Yes.
>>
>>47006266
>Yes.
>>
>>47006266
>Do you need to ask?
>>
>>47006266
>Do you need to ask?
>Yes.
>>
>>47006266
>>Yes.
What's the worst that can happen?
>>
>>47006266
Was it a male voice?
>>
>>47006266
>>No?

:^)
>>
>>47006359
Who is the person who ALWAYS called us Lady Riku anon? There's your answer.
>>
>>47006399
Aizen?
>>
>>47006420
Tenkotsuki.
>>
>>47006446
Muramasa!
>>
>>47006266
>Do you need to ask?
Silly fox.
>>
>>47006560
the new board's been up for a day at most and already the 'tism crowd is getting antsy.
>>
>>47006560
>>47006595
t. shitpost bot
>>
>>47006266
Of course. Implicitly.

“Good. Now that your power has dwindled to practically nothing, will you allow your will to crumble in the face of adversity as well?”

You refuse.

“If you truly mean that, then let your voice reject your opponent's power as mine does. You know the words.”

Of course you do. You have nothing to fear.

“Saishodō: Sōgenbi!” you roar, once more fanning the flames of your inner world. But this time, it's different. This is at a whole different level of control, relying on nothing aside from pure, overwhelming force of will that goes even beyond your attack on Muramasa. The intensity of the flames mirrors this absolute expression of will as it meets Rosa's attack.

As if in slow motion, your kidō actually stops her attack and burns it away into nothingness. You literally can't feel any trace of the spiritual matter that once comprised it.

Had that attack hit ANYTHING, you're certain it would have suffered a similar fate.

Tenkotsuki catches you as you slump forward, more profoundly exhausted than you've ever felt before.

“Everything is fine now, Lady Riku,” she promises you. “You have done spectacularly well, both of you.”

“You owe me, vixen,” Rosa pants, collapsing to the ground next to you. “Sorry Riku. Had to be done.”

>I... what?
>Oh, I see. Can I just... you know. Rest here?
>So that's how it's done. I'd love to stay but I have to go.
>Other?
>>
Please do not engage. Let moderation continue to do their thing.
>>
>>47006610
>So that's how it's done. I'd love to stay but I have to go.

We gots stuff to do.
>>
>>47006610
>Oh right before I forget
>HUG THE THAT FOX!
>>
>>47006610
>>
>>47006610
>>So that's how it's done. I'd love to stay but I have to go.
>>
>>47006610
>>So that's how it's done. I'd love to stay but I have to go.
>>
File: Tenkotsuki doodle.jpg (205 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Tenkotsuki doodle.jpg
205 KB, 800x800
>>47006610
>Hug Tenkotsuki
>Hug Rosa
have a doodle I made of how I see tenkotsuki.
>>
>>47006610
>Oh, I see. Can I just... you know. Rest
>>
>>47006660
Second.
>>
>>47006660
second, can we hug Rosa too? I wants a group hug.
>>
>>47006610
>>
>>47006610
>Hug the Tenko
>>
>>47006670
Matches my mental image almost exactly. Cheers!
>>
>>47006670
honestly thats not bad at all, you even got the right amount of perpetual smug i imagine she has.
>>
>>47006778
Eh I imagine her with longer thinner eyebrows and a constant "Superior than you" smug grin
>>
>>47006670
Oi I'm only counting 8 tails.

Is that little bit on the bottom right another tail or part of her outfit like I first thought?
>>
File: s-sempai....jpg (2 KB, 125x55) Image search: [Google]
s-sempai....jpg
2 KB, 125x55
>>47006778
>tfw QM your drawing.
>>
>>47006845
The 9th tail is in the heart.
>>
>>47006909
Isn't that the 8th tail?
>>
>>47006909
No no I'm counting that one I still see 8
>>
>>47006610
>writing
>>
>>47006845
>>47006941
>>47006953
......shit you're right. but should I even bother re-posting the revised picture?
>>
File: I accept it.png (24 KB, 103x112) Image search: [Google]
I accept it.png
24 KB, 103x112
>>47006895
Nah, it's between her legs
>>
>>47006965
Oh thank god I ain't blind.

Eh I don't anyone will care, I just asked because I wanted to make sure I wasn't stupid and I don't think anyone else noticed before I brought it up
>>
File: 1430258376950.png (353 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
1430258376950.png
353 KB, 800x1280
>>47006965
Go for it if you want to. I'm just thrilled whenever I get fanart.
>>
File: Tenkotsuki+missing tail.jpg (211 KB, 800x705) Image search: [Google]
Tenkotsuki+missing tail.jpg
211 KB, 800x705
>>47007109
now with cheeky 9th tail.
>>
>>47006610
“I see,” you mutter weakly as Tenkotsuki lowers you to the ground. Your head ends up resting against her legs, kept just up off the ground. “So in order for me to know what it feels like to use a spell based on nothing but will alone, you had to strip my reiatsu away a little at a time. Not just suppress it.”

“Exactly,” Rosa agrees. “You didn't really think I was trying to kill you, right?”

“What, again?” you quip.

“Shut up.”

For a few minutes, or maybe a few hours, you simply rest. After all, it takes some time to truly come to terms with the fact that you just set another spell on fire using nothing but your own force of will. One or the other of your companions supplies you with warm tea, the fragrant liquid helping you slowly recover enough reiatsu to sit up on your own again.

“This is about when I intended to let you get back to your duties, Lady Riku,” Tenkotsuki tells you, helping you struggle back onto your feet. “Do not forget, as you have faith in me, I also have faith in you.”

You give your zanpakuto a one-armed hug: both of them. Really it feels more like you're leaning on them to stay upright, but it's the thought that counts.
>1/2
>>
File: 27484127_p0.jpg (725 KB, 1071x1500) Image search: [Google]
27484127_p0.jpg
725 KB, 1071x1500
>>47007229
You are Captain Kusajishi Riku, and when you wake up there's exactly one way to hold your head that doesn't hurt.

"Ah, you're back."

A familiar presence, and another welcome voice.

"How long?"

"A little less than an hour," Yoruichi informs you. God, it feels like it's been far longer than that. Days, even.

You sigh, leaning into whatever it is you've been leaning against. "Tenkotsuki altered the passage of time in my inner world. Makes training go by faster."

You can hear a disapproving rumble in your left ear as you realize that your body is being carried in Yoruichi's arms. "That's dangerous. What the hell could have been worth taking that risk over..."

>Where are you taking me?
>What's going on?
>Insist that you're fine. Everything's under control. How is she?
>Other?
>>
>>47007342
>What's going on?
>>
>>47007342
>>What's going on?
>>Insist that you're fine. Everything's under control. How is she?
>>
>>47007342
>Apologize, but it couldn't be helped.
>What's going on?
>>
>>47007342
>>
>>47007342
>>Where are you taking me?
>>What's going on?
>>
>>47007342
>What's going on?
Most important thing first.
>>
>>47007342
>What's going on?
>>
>>47007342
>>What's going on?
>>Insist that you're fine. Everything's under control. How is she?
>>
>>47007342
>I know the dangers of accelerated Jinzen training, Tenkotsuki told me about the consequences. That said, I still placed my faith in her and everything turned out fine. Except for the headache. It's worse than a hangover.
>What's going on?
Things to do before the next "shitstorm" hitting Seireitei:
1. Console Doge. Help him move past Tosen's death and focus on the upcoming war.
2. Check-up on our POWs. Hopefully make some progress on Menoly and Bambi.
3. Go on that Inter-afterlife diplomacy mission and deliver warnings to The american and european afterlife.
>>
>>47007342
>Other: Feel out what the mystery pillow that your head is leaning against.
>>
>>47007552
Anon I don't know if you're joking or retarded.
>>
>>47007532
4. Get the exiles reinstated.
>>
>>47007580
that means we'll have to argue with the c-46 again.
Hopefully all the reports on their desks will make them collectively shit their pants into approving the notion and make them realize that Seireitei is going to war.
>>
>>47007611
We got Hats back. Even a bare minimum line-up of Shinji, Kensei, and Hachigen would be a boon.
>>
File: 1451144713180.jpg (343 KB, 1059x1500) Image search: [Google]
1451144713180.jpg
343 KB, 1059x1500
>>47007342
“What are you doing?” Yoruichi demands as you begin to try and squirm from her arms.

“I'm fine,” you insist. “Weakened yeah, but strong enough to walk.”

“I know that,” Yoruichi scoffs quietly. “I'm trying to enjoy the moment a little longer here, Riku.”

On the one hand you've never been a fan of seeming weak, but on the other hand she kind of has a point. You sigh, relaxing once more.

“Fine.”

Yoruichi smirks. “Thanks. Last time I carried you around like this was what, our wedding night?”

“You cracked my head against the doorframe,” you recall.

“I just said I enjoy this sorta stuff, not that I'm any good at it.”

“So what's gone on in my absence?” you ask as Yoruichi continues to spring from rooftop to rooftop.

Yoruichi smiles. “Most of us got through just fine thanks to your little trick, and nobody but the old man's any the wiser. Bunch of hard hits among some of the higher ranked officers, like Madarame and Gin, but they're fine too. Byakuya's still gone. So's Senbonzakura.”

“The other zanpakuto started snapping out of it just a little while ago on their own.”

You frown at one bit of upsetting news. “Gin got hurt?”

“You know his zanpakuto's abilities as well as anyone but the two of them,” Yoruichi reminds you. “I'm sure you know why he dragged the snake off somewhere secluded to fight.”

“As for you, you're going to the Fourth Division.”

>Good. Once I'm back at 100% we'll kill Muramasa together.
>We may not have much time. Let's get me partly recovered and wing it from there.
>Muramasa's a ticking time bomb. We've got to go as soon as possible.
>Other?
>>
>>47007710
>>
>>47007710
>>Good. Once I'm back at 100% we'll kill Muramasa together.
>>
>>47007710
>“You cracked my head against the doorframe,”
Pfff

>>
>>47006959
>Could you fetch Kumamora while I'm bedridden? I want to talk to him privately.
>>
>>47007710
>Other?
But we could always go ahead with assembling a task force now.
>>
>>47007710
>>
>>47007710
>>47007768
>That writein
No.
>>
>>47007798
it gives us something to do while we're at 4th division. I don't see why you're against the notion.
>>
>>47007710
Might as well talk to Kommura while we're bedridden.
>>
>>47007710
>>
>>47007825
Save it for AFTER this whole Muramasa arc is over.
>>
>>47007851
this ain't canon, anon. We're dealing with the 1000 year war arc, Muramasa's rebellion arc, and The Ghost Mexico invasion arc at the same time. We have a brief window of respite, and you choose not to go do something productive?
>>
>>47007846
>>47007710
supporting the notion of talking to doge while at the hospital.
>>
File: 1431647977464.gif (3 MB, 280x154) Image search: [Google]
1431647977464.gif
3 MB, 280x154
>>47007903
>Anything to do with captain dog jobber
>Productive
>>
>>47007710
>tallying and writing
>>
>>47007948
>not wanting captain doge to not be scrubby
>Aizen sympathizer
>>
>>47007987
Well I want world peace anon, but I don't base my votes off this impossible dream.
>>
>>47007710
>tfw you recognize where it's from

God dammit, King.
>>
>>47008019
it's the thought that counts, although doge will still be jobbing, at least we can talk to him heart to heart so he'll stop barking angrily at us from the sidelines.
>>
>>47008058
>so he'll stop barking angrily at us from the sidelines.
I honestly couldn't care less.
>>
>>47008029
I've long suspected he has at least half of his images from porn.
>>
>>47008078
but the c-46 might care.
>>
>>47008143
Annnnnnd?
>>
>>47008173
they'll hang parliament and not sign that exile pardon. As well as have us put under house arrest by the authority they wield.
>>
>>47007710
“Fine,” you relent without even bothering to fight. “Let's see if I can't get back up to full by the time we figure out where Muramasa's gone off to. Then we'll kill him together. It'll be great.”

“How romantic.”

After a few more minutes of back and forth you arrive at the Fourth Division's headquarters to a rather sobering scene: triage for unseated shinigami from all Divisions who were unfortunate enough to get caught up in the fights between themselves and their own swords. Many have serious physical wounds, which almost...

“Stop it,” Yoruichi tells you quietly, setting you down on your feet. “All joking aside I've never seen a shinigami burn through so much of their reiryoku at once without dying. Tennkotsuki threaded the damn needle today, and needing a little help recovering is nothing to be ashamed of.”

“How close was it really?” you ask quietly, addressing your swords.

Tenkotsuki sighs. “You know how that scene always works in Holywood movies, with a timer counting down to an explosion?”

Eventually you are taken to an outpatient ward, which is out of the way of any real emergency cases, and are assigned a full squad of healers and half the kitchen staff.

“Captain Unohana told us that restoring your reiatsu was of the highest priority, Captain Kusajishi,” the lead medic informs you as his subordinate gets to work and you begin scarfing down a bowl of dumplings. “We'll have you good as new in no time at all.”

>Call someone here while you wait (who?)
>Other?

>Apologies, that took WAY longer than it should have
>>
>>47008213
And that "Authority" would stop Riku how? Plus they would have to have an actual reason to do that, They can't just sya "YOU'RE UNDER HOUSE ARREST BECAUSE WE WANT IT!"
>>
>>47008242
>Call someone here while you wait
Rangiku, Ask her what happened with Haineko.
>>
>>47008242
>>Call someone here while you wait (who?)
Daughteru
Gin if he's not layed up in a hospital bed
>>
>>47008242
Rangiku and Gin.
>>
>>47008029
>tfw I don't know where it's from, I just got it off /a/ one day while I was scanning the Bleach thread for pics to use

>>47008141
Most of them are from Pixiv. They... sometimes straddle that line. Occasionally there's a well drawn imageset with nude/non nude.
>>
>>47008242
Kumamora
>>47008243
They'll have the Royal Guard enforce that rule of authority. Anything we do under that authority would be considered as going rogue which gives them the right and power to have Riku executed.
>>
>>47008256
Second.
>>
>>47008242
>>47008256
Supporting!
>>
>>47008242
Gin and Rangiku, if they're able to make it and aren't busy putting out fires.
>>
>>47008242
>Call someone here while you wait
Rangiku and Gin, Or just Rangiku.
>>
>>47008242
>>Call someone here while you wait (who?)
Dog boy
>>
>>47008242
>call someone
doge
>>
>>47008242
Gin and Rangiku
>>
>>47008512
>Samefagging so hard and not even putting in the vote.
>>
>>47008242
Daughteru and son.
>>
>>47008274
BC - BLEACH ch -

You can find it by searching that on doujinmoe.
>>
“Gin is here,” you observe, rising to your feet. “I'm going ambulatory.”

“You mean Captain Ichimaru?” the team leader asks, confused. “Why?”

“I have my reasons,” you growl. “Yoruichi, you coming with me?”

“I've got nothing better to do,” she shrugs. “Least not until Captain Yamamoto is ready to call a meeting.”

Once the healing team gets itself in order, they follow you as you track down your son and daughters' reiatsu. Up the stairs, down a hallway, and around a corner you find his private room and let yourself in.

“I barely noticed you,” Gin smiles from his bead. “Looks like you've had a time of it.”

“You should talk,” you grumble. “How many times did the snake bite you, kiddo?”

“Three,” he replies calmly. “No, there's really no joke to me made there. Feels like a first.”

“It is,” Rangiku observes. “It's unexplored territory.”

“Moooom,” Gin whines, “Rangiku's being mean agaaain.”

“So really,” you ask, taking a seat as the medics continue to feed you rice dishes and reiatsu in equal measure. Your strength is returning with surprising speed now, though it still has a LONG way to go. “How did it go?”

“My sword and I had a long, calm discussion about our differences,” Gin lies with a smile. “We came to a mutually beneficial arrangement and left on good terms.”

“You stabbed each other and fucked with each others' heads.”

“Right, that's what I said.”

Rangiku shakes her head. “Speaking of mindfucking, you did a number on Haineko, Captain. She was completely nuts by the time she found me. Raving and incoherent... though even in that state, I guess it's almost sweet that she was so desperate to fix things with me?”

“Sweet in a crazy sort of way,” Yoruichi adds. “You did well to get her back the way you did. You should be proud.”

“I guess.”
>1/2
>>
>>47008708
>“No, there's really no joke to me made there. Feels like a first.”
>“It is,” Rangiku observes. “It's unexplored territory.”
>“Moooom,” Gin whines, “Rangiku's being mean agaaain.”
kek.
I see what you did there Queen
>>
>>47008708
A black butterfly floats in through the window, fluttering in midair near Yoruichi's head. She nods curtly before it flutters away again.

"It's happening," she informs you. "Yamamoto wants to meet. Says we're to put our Divisions on standby, he'll tell us all where Muramasa's going when we get there."

You rise from your seat, pushing the Fourth Division personnel out of the way and extending Gin a hand.

He looks at your hand for a second before allowing you to haul him to his feet. "I wouldn't want to be left out now, would I?"

The four of you head towards the First Division Headquarters, the anticipation now almost tangible.

For the mayhem and suffering Muramasa caused, to zanpakuto and shinigami alike... he's going to pay. And you get the distinct feeling that it's at your hands his judgment is to be rendered.
>>
>>47008817
Kinda a short thread King, There a reason for that?
>>
And that's it for tonight's thread. Archive is up, and thanks for playing! Hope you enjoyed the ride. I'll be running SoZ tomorrow at 10am if you're into that, and we'll see what happens next week when next week actually arrives.

Hopefully one way or the other we'll keep things lively and exciting.
>>
>>47008869
Six hours isn't that unusual I feel, and it's been a bit of a crazy week. So even though the heart is willing to go another two hours or so the body is tired and the brain is hazy.
>>
>>47008875
Thanks for running!
>>
>>47008875
any Pastebin updates?
>>
>>47008875
thanks for the session queen!
>>
>>47008875
Thanks for running king.
>>
>>47008921
There will be some time over the weekend, at LEAST for the Ura Hado.
>>
>>47008972
And by that I mean like right now because fuck it, why not.

May be a few other updates when I'm less tired or if I notice any issues.
>>
>>47009222
Yaaaaaay!
>>
>>47009222
pastebin.com/AigWmN0e
pastebin.com/2ynG7g25
Would have helped to provide links. If anyone's still here and interested.
>>
>>47009264
Thanks, Queen.
>>
>>47009264
>Other pantheons have heard rumors.

I'm imagining some horrible game of telephone between a fuckton of gods now, I can't wait to see what kind of shit got mixed up along the way
>>
>>47009391
>omake idea stolen
Cheers. Something to look forward to next time I run.
>>
>>47009264
you really didn't expand upon the compressed form of Soko Shunko, nor did you give it a formal name.
>>
>>47010414
I still suggest Howaito-ō no yoroi aka White King's Armor.
>>
>>47009264
>Bambietta ALMOST feels like she wants to like you. When she forgets she's supposed to hate you, at least.
pffft. she's entered tsun territory. Lots of thoughts go rampant when you're alone and have lots of time.
>>
>>47006420
it's always Aizen.
Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.