[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FNW: Anew Quest thread #19
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 1
Today is Tuesday 28th of April 2442

QM Twitter: https://twitter.com/FalloutQM

Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Fallout%20nuclear%20winter

Perks:
http://pastebin.com/6xHQgq1A

Rules:
http://pastebin.com/DDGxkWHx

Stats+Inventory:
http://pastebin.com/et6TU5it

Encyclopedia:
http://pastebin.com/kLAF3xRt

Quests:
http://pastebin.com/kwFWePQe
>>
Perks:

>Lucky charm
An item of your choosing will increase your luck by 2. Losing it will decrease your luck by 3

>Struck once
When failing in any checks, the next check will always be successful.

>Gambler
Card games and other tiny gambles are slightly on your side.

>La Luna/El Sol
One favors you, other loathes you. Choose carefully.

>Don't need them
Luck? the fuck is that? you relies on your skills [Your overall skills will increase, LCK=ZERO]
>>
>>43589839
hi snow

>Struck once
>>
>>43589848
>>43589848
>>Struck once

I don't suppose Lucky Charm would work if the item was in the thorn locker, right?
>>
>>43590011
well you have to choose an item first. Losing it will grant us a penalty.
>>43590010
hello anon
>>
>>43590011
>>43590010
You chose Struck once.

You spend the rest of the day by yourself. None wanted to talk to you. The worst thing about this were the stares...they never stopped.

The other twin sister picked a fight with the guards which resulted in her death. You felt as if she was deliberately trying to provoke the guards in her last breath. There is something wicked about the wastes....you can't save everyone. This is how the world goes around. Some live and some die no matter what you do.

Anglo spent a good portion of yesterday with Ripper. He came back with lots of filthy bandages and a swollen face. He barely survived the fight he was pinned into.

After a healthy meal you thick red taste and some dirty water, A man in a tidy uniform entered the pen with two guards. Yelli blinked twice upon seeing him "Mr. Archer, what are you doing here?"

"Why, those life givers must be appreciated for their work. Can you gather them,please?"

"Yes sir."The slave keeper calmly started to round up the slaves.

>Approach the center
>Stay where you are
>try to get as close as possible
>Shout out something to Yelli/Archer
>other
>>
>>43590145
>Approach the center
>>
>>43590166
You along others approached the center. This archer guy was awfully pale yet healthy in his thirties. His lips were more pink than usual and his body language was dangerously similar to Kingston's.

"Are we good?" Yelli gave him a nod.

'Good morning, Lifegivers, I am Archer King, the heart of the Thorn. With another new anniversary, I would like thank each and every one of you for your vital role in building the city. I-"

The woman next to you spat on his face "Fuck you!" The guards were about to do her good but Archer stopped them. He pulled out a small tissue as he was spoke "....It is alright. I understand your hatred. I understand your pain....your suffering. But for true civilizations to rise, there must be a sacrifice....you are the said sacrifice. you are the life givers. The Thorn thrives with your blood and soul. Isn't that a magnificent goal?...T-to die for something bigger than you or me?"

>Fuck you
>Well, you are welcome to join us, Mr.Archer
>[Say nothing]
>You can't keep us chained here forever
>Your dream will crumble whether you liked it or not.
>other
>>
>>43590281
>>Your dream will crumble whether you liked it or not.
>>
>>43590281
>Your dream will crumble whether you liked it or not.
>>
>>43590293
>>43590300
"This a reality." he paused "Soon, We will flourish under the guidance of The Arc. She will lead us to supreme Triumph. The clingers of dead civilizations and Life escapees will meet their end."

A guard whispered something to Yelli then to Archer "W-well, If you excuse, I got more matters to attend." with that, Archer left with his guards.

Once the slaves started to disperse, The slaverkeeper called you "Can you please come with me. I got a couple of questions for you."

>[Ignore her]
>May be later
>Sure
>you can say whatever you want here
>other
>>
>>43590383
>This is a
>>
>>43590383
>"i guess i don't really have a choice, lead the way"
>>
>>43590383
>>Sure
>>
>>43590406
>>43590413
Her synthetic voice was still something you couldn't get used to. She lead you to a small empty room with one chair and some piles of rubble"Take a seat, please."

You reluctantly sat down. She locked the door behind her "Now we are are alone, I need you to tell me everything you know about The Arc in an orderly fashion. Please don't complicate things. The Arc's code is a set rules not some random numbers...."

>Should have brought a weapon, babe [Pull out scalpel, attack her]
>[Say nothing]
>I ain't gonna tell you anything
>Luck?
>She is fucking crazy, i told her the first thing that came into my mind
>_____ [Say the truth]
> ______ [Say half of the truth]
>other
>>
>>43590493
>I don't know anything about her. I just heard the code from a crazy guy with a rod in his head, they both made sparks so that reminded me of it. I don't know what it truly means. [Say the truth]
no?
>>
>>43590571
"Give me a name and a place."

"Dio near Del. He got a halfclaw protecting him"

Yelli was satisfied with this short interrogation "Thank you." She unlocked the door .She guided you back to pen.

>Speak with Anglo
>Speak with Kingston
>Speak with Phoenix
>Stay by yourself
>other
>>
>>43590633
i feel like that was a mistake

>Speak with Anglo
>>
>>43590633
>>Speak with Anglo
>>
>>43590659
>>43590733
>>43590733

Anglo looked like shit, still. He made some effort to pull out a smile "Hey man..."

"How do you feel, Anglo?"

"Well, I am alive. So that is what matters...not for long with these deathmatches. Still, I take some pride with my Mark." He chuckled while showing you a little burn covering a small part of his hand.

"About yesterday..." Words didn't come out. Only a stare of mixed emotions.

>I didn't know what i was thinking...She would have died anyways
>I am sorry for breaking my trust with my partner.I ...just couldn't do it.
>Either one of them was going to haunt me in my dreams. Scraps was the better choice
>I should have watched him kill her
>I got my scalpel and yet i could not stab the lightning bitch...
>I regret nothing.
>I have nothing to say to you
>other
>>
>>43590863
>I regret nothing.
>>
>>43590863
>>I regret nothing.
>>
>>43590908
>>43591012

Anglo chose to remain silent. he wasn't exactly glad at the moment.

The slaved were riled for something. Almost everyone glued their ears to the iron door and other small cracks. You heard a muffled scream in a distance. Kingston didn't move an inch. Odd.

>Investigate as well
>Ask what was going on
>Ignore this, Stay where you are
>other
>>
>>43591054
>Ask what was going on
Ask Phoenix, maybe?
>>
>>43591086
"I don't exactly know." He was peaking through a small crack "I see a severed arm.....and a head. Clean cut. This one is a guard." you heard some wails of pain.

>Let me see!
>[Say nothing]
>Is someone trying to free us?
>other
>>
>>43591160
>[Say nothing]
well, evenif it's not someone out to save US, the diversion could be beneficial
>>
>>43591245
You remain silent. One of the slaves screamed out of his lung"I SEE A WHORE! THEY GOT A WHORE!!!" the slaves were excited beyond belief.

Chaos soon ended. Some guards entered the pen to ensure everything is alright. The slaves were so eager to see what was about to happen next.

Yelli came after an hour or two "Twenty five men and women will come with me." She randomly picked slaves. Anglo wasn't chosen. You, Phoenix and Kingston were chosen alongside with 22 others. With some guards, She lead you to a waiting room where she lined you up. You were the 20th while Kingston was right behind you. Phoenix was actually the first.

You felt the ground shaking as dozens of people flocked to the arena. Almost everyone tried to attend.

>Stay where you are
>try to switch places with the slave in front of you
>Try to switch places with Kingston
>other
>>
>>43591412
>>Stay where you are
>>
>>43591412
>Stay where you are
>>
>>43591412
>>Stay where you are
>>
>>43591535

>>43591463
>>43591463
>>43591474
"BRING THE SLAVES OUT!" The Arc's booming voice shook Yelli for a second as she guided the slaves outside of the waiting room. There was still some sort a short metal barrier with a crude gate, you weren't exactly at in the arena just yet.

"BEHOLD WHAT THE SLAVERS BROUGHT!" She waved her hands at a bloody Whore of Babylon. She held her signature sword around a small pile of corpses. She didn't look that uninjured though. Her suit looked quite advanced.

"I ADMIRE YOUR SPIRIT, WHORE. I WILL BREAK MY CODE FOR YOU." The bustling crowd was surprised with her word "KILL THEM, ONE BY ONE AND YOU SHALL BE MY NINTH STAR!!!!"

"Yeah right." one of the slaves mocked her booming words. Others laughed with him.

"KILL THIS WHORE AND I WILL GRANT YOU A WISH!!!" She addressed her slaves. The crowd was going wild,

Phoenix was about to enter with nothing but his strong fists.

>Wish him luck
>Say nothing
>other
>>
>>43591671
>other
"don't, that whore probably has a reason to be here. hell, maybe she's on a mission to free us"
>>
>>43591747
With eighteen slaves between you and him plus the ongoing rabble in the arena , your words weren't heard. Phoenix just saw your mouth moving. He gave you a reassuring smile and went to the arena.

Everyone was silent as The whore approached Phoenix in the center of the arena "It is an honor to fight a worthy opponent. May the best wins...."

The Whore didn't flinch. Her glares were worse than death itself.

Phoenix bowed out of respect for his foe.

It was his last mistake.

The whore beheaded him in one swift strike of her blade. None was ready for this. His headless body twitched for a couple of moments spurting blood from the base of his neck. Silence plagued the arena.

The next slave was shivering from fear "She is gonna kill me! Please, This is a mistake! I don't belong here!"

>Curse the Whore
>Try to encourage the slave
>Say nothing
>Try to say something to the slaves
>other
>>
>>43591922
well, shit, he really sounded like a cool guy

>Try to say something to the slaves
"run away, fools!"
>>
>>43591980
>>43591980
"Shut up!" you got a nasty hit to your legs from one of the guards. The slaves weren't exactly cooperate with your words.

The poor guy was shoved to the arena with nothing but a nail board. He did stop crying after a while. He went on his knees "Just fucking do it. It is no use..."

No reply, just a precise strike to the heart. This woman meant business. You didn't know how she got herself caught but you are sure she would do her damn best to get out of here.

In the next half an hour, three slaves were killed by her. They did put up a fight though. Especially the last one, She managed to hit the whore in the leg with a plain board. The whore cloaked and went around her stabbing her in the heart.

"NO CHEATING!!!" The Arc zapped her good. Her suit flickered a couple of times before she was decloacked . She collapsed from the surge of voltage. Some parts of the suit melted from the zap burning her skin in the progress. She grunted from pain and yet she stood defiant with a twitching hand.

The Arc looked straight at Yelli's eyes. The slave keeper understood what she meant. She unlocked better weapons for the slaves.

"Is that a fucking whore sword? holy shit." The next slave was very excited with this new arsenal

>Root for him
>Root for the whore
>Curse the whore
>say nothing
>other
>>
>>43592200
how many guards do we see?
>>
>>43592200
>>Root for the whore
>>
>>43592262
you got some surrounding us plus dotted all over the arena and the exits
>>
>>43592200
>say nothing
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>43592315
>>43592350
1=nothing
2=whore
>>
>>43592350
>>43592315
"You....yo don't deserve holding up this sw..." Her leg gave up. It started to tremble. She stood up with great difficulty.

The Slave was reckless with his swings as the whore went on the defensive. Their swords clashed but her arm flinched out of the sudden giving the man a chance to slice her chest diagonally. Her suit did help her to reduce the damage greatly but she still drew some blood. She ignored the pain and back stepped.

The crowd was silent. They watched the whore struggling to keep pace with the enthusiastic slave. The whore sliced a good portion of his arm before finishing him off. She grabbed the whore's sword and put it inside her sheath. Another slave was ready to fight her. She was strong enough to pick a sledgehammer.

>Root for him
>Root for the whore
>Curse the whore
>say nothing
>othe
>>
>>43592591
>other
>>
>>43592591
>you don't deserve

fug
>>
>>43592591
>>say nothing
>>
>>43592591
>say nothing
i feel like we're missing something, but that's probably just me
>>
>>43592721
such as?
>>
>>43592591
>>Root for the whore
>>
>>43592721
>>43592691
The lady with the sledgehammer didn't last long but she left the whore with a broke nose and fracture or two in her ribs. She leaned on her sword staring at the pool of blood of her enemies "O Whore of Babylon....Grant me thine strength. May the heretics drown in thine blood..."

Six were down. Another six followed them in the next hour. By now, The whore was a bloody mess. None knew what kept her from just giving up and surrendering to her grim fate.

"Hey," Kingston whispered "If we switched places, I will give you ten thousand caps once we are out."

>Make it fifteen
>[Ignore him]
>Yeah right
>You are so full of shit
>So you are one step closer to kill her. I don't think so
>Deal
>other
>>
>>43592875
>[Ignore him]
i doubt sparky will accept to free more than one slave using that wish, and i doubt even more that we could trust that guy to not fuck us over
>>
>>43592875
>>Do you even understand how stupid that sounds?
>>
>>43592981
>>43592981
>>43593004
"Listen very carefully you little runt," You felt something poking your back "I am here to kill The arc. My plan will not just fail because of some whore and a filthy nigger. Switch places and don't do anything stupid. I am not alone."

>I want her dead as much as you do, we can work together.
>You are no position to threaten me
>[pull out scalpel, turn around and attack him]
>Easy now, I will take the caps deal, okay?
>[Switch places]
>[Switch places, shank him]
>[Say nothing]
>other
>>
>>43593115
>Easy now, I will take the caps deal, okay?
that fucker is goig to die in a stupid way, i can feel it
>>
>>43593115
>are in no
>>
>>43593115
>>You are no position to threaten me
>>
>>43593224
hey sleepy

Just in time
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>43593224
>>43593173
1=caps
2=no position
>>
>>43593115
>>If you're that eger to die, deal.
>>[Switch places]

We're gonna fucking kill this idiot if the whore dosen't do him in.
>>
>>43593256
>>43593257
>1 second apart

well shit, i guess we go with the switching
>>
>>43593244
Yeah I actually just woke up. Been playing fallout 4. Man that game does not hold back I've died more in that in the small time I've had it than the entirety of 3. But it's still fun.
>>
>>43593257
>>43593224
>>43593173
You switched places. By now only five slaves were between you and the whore.

"Just give up...." Some of the crowd were sympathizing with the whore. She endured so much till this point. The Arc was silent. She was satisfied from the ongoing slaughter.

The nameless whore resorted to bite slaves in the ear, nose, arms. She even ripped the throat of an unfortunate slave with her very teeth.

She swayed trying to grasp any bit of consciousness.

Finally, It was Kingston's turn. He arched a smile as he was about to be given a weapon.

>Slit his throat
>Quickly slip by him to enter first
>Respect your part of the deal
>Encourage the whore
>Say something to Yelli
>Say something to the crowd
>Say something to The Arc
>other
>>43593317
>>43593317
you are tempting me, sleepy. I heard there was a super mutant called strong which reminded me of Ugly

Poor ugly.
>>
>>43593492
>Respect your part of the deal
if the idiot really has a plan...
>>
>>43593532
His plan is to get in front because he thinks she's weak enough to kill now so that he can get a wish to escape, of course.
>>
i will be waiting on this one, take your time to choose, anons
>>
>>43593492
>>Encourage the whore

I don't know. I really haven't gotten that far into it yet. Or I just haven't been to the location to recruit him.
>>
>>43593492
poor Ugly indeed
there's also a french themed robot you can waifu, but sadly no intelligent deathclaw afaik
>>
>>43593635
>french

oh my.

Well, any other vote? I don't prefer dice rolling on decisions like these
>>
>>43593492
>>Encourage the whore

You can do it! Go go!
>>
>>43593696
>>43593607
>>43593532

"You can do it!" you caught the attention of the guards and Yelli. The one who hit you in the leg was going for a second but the slavekeeper stopped him. Kingston looked at you with disgust.

"Yeah....you can do it." A man from the crowd shouted. There were some silence afterwards but it soon ended it another encouragement.

"DO IT"

"DO IT"

"DO IT"

"DO IT"

The whore coughed some blood before struggling to get up "You...you will not stop me..." She lifted her sword with her functioning arm.

"Oh?" Kingston tilted his head. He threw the petty shank he chose "I hardly think you are in any shape to survive my dear...."

Kingston pulled out a small 9mm and shot her in the chest twice from a far distance. She immediately collapsed on the floor.

Chaos ensued afterwards, Some the crowd were packing. Even some of the guards were playing their role.

Someone amongst the crowd shot The Arc with a Mesmetron which made her heavily disoriented. More were firing with this weapon. The Arc collapsed under her spotlight.

>Help The Arc
>Help Yelli
>Try to escape in the midst of this madness by yourself
>Try to unlock the slave pen somehow to get Anglo
>Go for Kingston
>other
>>
>>43594052
>>Try to unlock the slave pen somehow to get Anglo
>>
>>43594052
Jesus fuck
>>
>>43594052
>Try to unlock the slave pen somehow to get Anglo
shank a guard who has the keys (if possible not one who is cooperating with Kingston)
>>
>>43594052
Predictable but still kinda fun
>>
>>43594117
>>43594126
>>43594134
>>43594137
This was not your fight. Yelli had the Keys. She was currently bleeding from a bullet wound. Kingston's guards in disguise looked at your and the rest of the slaves briefly before going to the arena to assist their friends.

You snatched the keys, Yelli gurgled "Please....Help the Arc, She is our....only hope."

"Not my problem." you said it out blatantly. You made your way to the slave pen and unlocked the door.

"W-what is going on?" Anglo was confused.

"We are getting out, come on!" Both of you ran in the midst of this chaos.

"W-wait! The lockers" Anglo reminded you.

>Ignore your stuff, time is of the essence
>Grab your stuff
>Grab your stuff, try to loot any valuables
>other
>>
>>43594250
>Grab your stuff, try to loot basic supplies (food/water/fuel)
can't let these two relics go
and it'll be a long road home
>>
>>43594323
>>43594323
The lockers weren't as much organized as you thought they would be.you did find your two lasts. Other slaves were tearing through the lockers as well.

You and Anglo salvaged a small bag with some fuel, food and water.

"ENOUGH!!" You heard a familiar scream "PERISH AND DIE!" You and Anglo left the Thorn with screams echoing behind you.

>keep running to the north
>try to hide in the southern ruins
>other
>>
>>43594250
>>Grab your stuff, try to loot any valuables
And I agree with the other anon. Food, water and Heat are the best valuables.
>>
>>43594480
>Tell Angelo to keep runnin. Head back.

How can you be so completly dedicated to dodging anything intresting in this quest?
>>
>>43594480
>>keep running to the north
Nope nope. Also damn you phone!! Update sooner.
>>
>>43594480
>>
>>43594513

>>43594513
there's only death back there
>>
>>43594529
>>43594541
>>43594527
You and Anglo Just ran, never looking back. The snow wasn't helping but at least the guards were too busy with Kingston and his men.

There was a small caravan heading for the Thorn, Just A packed Brahmin and an honest Merchant and his guard.

>Shoot the guard, rob the Merchant
>Warn the Merchant about the ongoing shit in The Thorn
>Ask for some supplies
>Trade one of your weapons with supplies
>ignore them
>other

>>43594513
I do see your point. Point taken anon.
>>
>>43594648
>>
>>43594648
>>
>>43594648
>Point taken anon.

To be clear I'm complaing about your incredibly boring players rather than your writing.

The Thorn arc was really fun while it lasted.
>>
>>43594741
>Waah, why did the players vote to run away from the lethal clusterfuck instead of remaining enslaved and/or getting killed
>>
>>43594672
>>43594684
>>43594741
sorry, I was eating
>>
>>43594781
>Fallout
>Lethal

Not even back when Snow was trying to be grimdark.
>>
>>43594672
>>43594672
>>43594684
>>43594741
>>43594741
>>43594741
>>43594781
"Really? This can't be a coincidence....no..." said the Merchant.

"What coincidence?" Anglo asked.

"Some unknown group staged an Attack on the Flesh a couple of hours ago. They underestimated her of course. She....well, She ate them all." The Merchant was uncomfortable with his last words.

"I bet the Bile has been attacked too. This is strange. The three cities agreed on a truce...an uneasy one but a truce nonetheless." The guard added.

>Anything can change...
>I don't know. I heard they really hate each other
>Someone is behind this...
>Just stay away from the Thorn. It is that bad, trust me
>other
>>
>>43594929
>Just stay away from the Thorn. It is that bad, trust me
>>
>>43594929
>>Someone is behind this...
>>
>>43594929
>>Someone is behind this...
>>Just stay away from the Thorn. It is that bad, trust me
>>
>>43594977
>>43595037
>>43595048
"Yeah, Best to go back to Eden." The Merchant noticed the mark on Anglo's hand "A slave huh? my grandad was a slave for a slaver company run by cloned Blondies. My supplies isn't much but I can give you something for the road."

>Misc? [Specify]
>Medicine
>Water
>Food
>Fuel
>Ammo
>A Weapon?
>other
>>
>>43595122
>>Medicine
>>Water
>>Food
>>Fuel
Really anything you could spare would help. If you need more protection seek Leggy Mercs. He'll go there and we'll help guard?
>>
>>43595122
>>Food
>>
>>43595240
>>43595218
"Where are you going?" the merchant asked as he was searching through his goods.

"Mile 46"

"That's two may be three days from here... take this." he gave you three crams. "Good luck out there."

You thanked the man and went on your way. The weather was unforgiving and harsh but you continued marching onwards. both of you took a moment to catch your breaths,

"Hey, Richard...."

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for not leaving me behind."

>Now you owe me
>i bet you would do the same
>i can't lose someone like you.
>let's not get too sentimental here
>We are not out of the woods yet.
>other
>>
>>43595353
>>i bet you would do the same
Besides which I think the boss and
>>i can't lose someone like you.
>>
>>43595353
>i bet you would do the same
>>
>>43595353
>>i bet you would do the same
>>
>>43595581
>>43595641

>>43595493
"Much appreciated." said Anglo "How many bullets you have?"

"Just...One in Last Virgil. I can't really use Last Flesh unless we are dealing with ghoulies. Shit."

"Good Job." .

And that concludes our thread. Thank you for participation.

Do you feel railroaded? or do you feel somewhat hesitant with multiple choices and possibly different scenarios? which one suits you better?

>>
>>43595653

What you're doing is fine. You can't really be blamed if your players decide to avoid the plot hooks you give them.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.