[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>a method for randomly generating the entire city with a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
>a method for randomly generating the entire city with a dice drop

http://www.lastgaspgrimoire.com/in-corpathium/
>>
>>43581859
Bit hard to follow, but otherwise pretty cool.
>>
I remember seeing this posted on /tg/ a while ago, and I love the idea. I'm actually working on and off on an expansion of the concept (placeholder title '1dWorld'), about using a handful of dice thrown on a piece of paper to generate a setting, map and even cultural or historical details. Not necessarily as a 'You have to use all of these' thing, but as a set of tools people could play around with.

I'm setting it up to be something of a fractal system. You can generate the broad strokes of the world, or zoom in and generate the details of a country, or a region, or a city, and each stage can influence the stages of the other ones. It's still all very rough, but I think it could be pretty cool.
>>
>>43582083
Sounds like you're making microscope anon
>>
>>43582829

Nah, I'm not building it as a system in itself, but as something you can use with other systems. Whether a GM needs inspiration, you're just rolling up a one shot, or you like the idea of randomly generating a world for a campaign as you go. Microscope is a neat idea, but it's very different in intention.
>>
File: !sacrificial construct.jpg (619 KB, 1250x1000) Image search: [Google]
!sacrificial construct.jpg
619 KB, 1250x1000
>>43581859
This is quite cool. Thanks.
>>
>>43581859
>in-corpathium/
Is this a reference to Carcosa?
>>
Vornheim didn't have entire city generation with one roll, but it DOES have a lot of tools that allow you to create cities and parts of cities very quickly, seeing as it's CALLED the "Complete city kit".

Anyone who finds this intriguing or intresting should definitely check it out, especially since it's in print again.
>>
This is the coolest thing on this board right now and we need more of this kind of awesomeness.

Randomness for the win.!
>>
>>43581859
Actually I've just spent some time looking at the blog this come from. Aside from this city generator being quite useful, the site is kind of fucking cool. Like lovecraftian horror mixed with spiderwick chronicles.
>>
Wow, the encumbrance system on the front page is really damn cool!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.