[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG: EDH/Commander General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67
File: 1453586220009.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1453586220009.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
Extra Turns edition

>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.wizards.com/
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface

You lazy shitheads.
>Favorite extra turn spell?
>Which triggers you more, Narset or Mizzix?
>>
>Favorite extra turn spell
Savor the Moment, because I'm still looking for a way to abuse it.
>Which triggers you more, Narset or Mizzix
Probably Mizzix, at least Narset has to attack and costs 6.
Now that that's out of the way, I'm thinking about building a MBC deck, and the options are Toshiro Umezawa and Greel, Mind Raker. Right now I'm leaning more towards greel since I already have a Geth's Grimoire and a Rings of Brighthearth, but I'm not sure it's worth attacking hands in a multiplayer game. Any secret tech for Greel or Toshiro?
>>
>>Favorite extra turn spell?
Final Fortune all day er'ryday
>>Which triggers you more, Narset or Mizzix?
I haven't played against either deck so idk, Narset, I guess
>>
>>46866701
>Savor the Moment
unless you have some vigilant creatures or upkeep triggers, all it is, is a 3 mana blue Explore. It's alright.
>>
So I've found some interesting cards that could fit in Yisan.
Copperhorn Scout
Brown Ouphe
Invasive Species you can bounce anything that's being targeted
Tajuru Preserver never seen this in any list
Deepwood Elder for dank memes
Loaming Shaman so you can shuffle back anything important they destroyed

And some other stuff that's nowhere as good as these.

>>46866022
>extra turn
If I have to choose, Time Stretch. I've won so many games because of it.
Narset is pretty annoying since they don't have to pay mana to cast their stuff, whereas Mizzix has to pay the colored mana costs and you can deal with her easier.
>>
>>46866022
Final Fortune, for sure. Go big or go home.

Narset is likely more powerful, but goddamn is Mizzix annoying.
>>
>>46866022
Time Stretch since I can combo it with Archaeomancer and Capsize very easily.
>>
File: IMG_20160423_103017769.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_103017769.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>46866022

How many board wipes do you guys run on average?
What's a good rule of thumb?
>>
File: EDH Cyoa.png (61 KB, 700x805) Image search: [Google]
EDH Cyoa.png
61 KB, 700x805
I made a shitty cyoa for you guys 'cause I love you.
>>
>>46870133
I was gonna pick Affluence but FUCK Fellowship sounds so good. And if they play at my power level fuck buying new stuff, we can play casual games allday erryday
>>
>>46870133
Affluence.

Sell the foil deck. Buy the nonfoils back because I prefer them. Acquire staples. Use the $100 on the speculative market.
>>
>>46870133
fuck off with this cringe
>>
What do y'all think of this deck I just built?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/godo-voltron-3/

Trying to go voltron but have a few ways to do damage outside of combat like bosh.
>>
Question: is craterhoof viable in a little guys simic deck, but not necessarily featuring token machines? (in before the ban meme guy, fuck off).
>>
>>46870133
Fellowship or Affluence, I can't decide which though...
>>
File: 1420905085596.jpg (10 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1420905085596.jpg
10 KB, 224x225
>>46870792
>31 lands
>>
>>46870928
Is 31 really too few? It's not like I running much big stuff.
>>
>>46871047
It's less than a third, how many 60 card decks do you know that run less than 20 lands? It's usually best to aim for 35+ even with rocks.
>>
Im ignoring my friends to post this rate my autism. I play stax and my husbano is Venser.
>>
File: 46.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
>>46871798
I love me some Venser, shame we'll probably never see him again since He gave up his spark to karn I think, not too brushed up on my lore. His Planeswalker card is great too, it's cool to see another side of UW that isn't lockdown and hard control,at least until you get his emblem.
>>
>>46871975

I just really want him inside of me desu he looks like he has a fat pipe.
>>
File: jhoira-of-the-ghitu.jpg (81 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
jhoira-of-the-ghitu.jpg
81 KB, 480x680
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-04-16-jhoira-of-the-ghitu-edh/

Could anyone please take a look at my Jhoria deck? I feel like the deck is good, but for $800 should kick more ass than it does. It doesn't feel very strong or good. I'm very bad at izzet decks.
>>
>>46870133
pretty much about to get fellowship anyway so affluence so i can foil out my shitty chaos deck that does nothing but ruin games
>>
>>46870907
craterhoof is always viable. also are you building ezuri? if not you should be building ezuri
>>
I currently only have 1 EDH deck and I've been having a great time with the format

I wanna brew up a group hug and a group slug deck. For the hug I think I'm gonna build the flying purple hippo and I'm not sure who to choose for the group slug, any other card suggestions are also appreciated.
>>
File: the mimeoplasm.jpg (186 KB, 1080x1845) Image search: [Google]
the mimeoplasm.jpg
186 KB, 1080x1845
OK. I'm running the mimeoplasm, does anyone have secret tech?

I'm going self-mill, and I have dredge.
Are there any god tier creatures I can reanimate with my commander? Thanks!
>>
>>46870105
I'm running 6 right now in Nahiri, Wrath of God, Day of Judgment, Hallowed Burial, Fell the Mighty, Phyrexian Rebirth, Terminus, with Fat Elspeth and Sunblast Angel as wipes on a stick and plan on sticking in Descend upon the Sinful this week putting the total number of potential wipes at 9

I feel it might be overkill since 2 of them cost 4cmc, 2 of them cost 5cmc, and 5 of them will cost 6cmc. Dunno if I should cut one for Descend upon the Sinful or just keep testing the amount of wipes. The problem I have with wipes that get cost heavy is not having mana for them when they are in your early hands.

If I decide to swap something for Descend I am not sure if I should swap Fell the Mighty or Rebirth with it.
>>
>>46874159
Mogis for group slug, and you are talking pheldagryff I believe for group hug.
>>
I can't stop taking apart and building decks. I've been building 2-3 a week for the last few months. I currently have:

Patron of the Orochi
Lord of Tresserhorn
Jori En, Ruin Diver
Sydri, Galvanic Genius
Sidisi, Undead Vizier
Sliver Legion
Ruhan of the Fomori
Karametra, God of Harvests
Isperia, the Inscrutable
Surrak Dragonclaw
Karlov of the Ghost Council

The Patron deck is the only deck I've had together for at least 3 months. I enjoy playing all of these decks but I wish I could just find a "main" one to always keep together.
>>
>>46874402

Gaea's Revenge and Death's Shadow
>>
>>46875326
Sounds like you're going through a bit of a "Soul Searching" phase, m8. It will pass when you either get tired of doing it or you find something that just clicks. It's different for everyone.
>>
File: 162.jpg (69 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
162.jpg
69 KB, 312x445
>>46875422
I don't think I'll ever be able to stick with one deck. I'll work on a deck for a while and get it working really well then after I realize I'm tutoring for the same cards every game and trying to win in the same way, I get bored of the deck. Had to take apart my Grimgrin deck and change it to monoblack Sidisi because I was tired of getting Rooftop Storm then comboing. The Patron deck is going to come apart now because I just play some mana dudes then explode on turn 4-5 and dump my deck onto the table and try to alpha strike. Every single time.

I just wish I could play other people's decks every single game. It's way more fun trying playing a deck blind and trying to figure it out as you go. You play a tutor and cross your fingers that the card you want is in your deck.

I think I'm going to try Radha elves next.
>>
>>46874402
Heres some stuff I run that might get over looked.
>Tainted Strike
Tainted strike is amazing on a lot of stuff but on a hydra omnivore(mineo) with a couple of other counters it kills the board
>Spirit of the Night
Spirit is a amazing target for mineo
>Thornling
Good target
>Hydra Omnivore
Pretty amazing if they let you make a giant one
>Nostalgic Dreams
Insane bomb in this deck
>>
Turned my standard Boros Soldier tribal into an EDH deck. Not sure I'm happy with the change, but I was wondering how faithful you guys are with tribals. I've always kept this deck strictly soldiers but Aurelia is a tempting commander and I really like the RW god.
>>
>>46876042
There are always a handful of creatures that don't fit the tribe that still fit the deck. Regal Force in any green deck, for example. Your tribe can have pets
>>
File: Image.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
So I want to build a werewolf tribal deck. I was thinking Ruric Thar for commander, any other good options?
>>
>>46876188
Your playgroup not cool enough to let you use Arlin?
>>
>>46876188
Makes flipping them kind of hard.
>>
>>46876228
my usual playgroup isn't too sticky about such things, but I want an option when I play with other people
>>
>>46876188
Just wait for Eldritch Moon.
>>
>>46870133
Affluence for sure. I'd sell them foil Onslaught fetches right away.
>>
>>46872336
As much as I love Inkwell Leviathan he doesn't do anything other that turn sideways. Soul of New Phyrexia on the other hand is really nice with your less exiley Fuck the Board cards. I personally really value versatility in EDH so I love Brutal Expulsion and Mystic Confluence but that's up to you if you want to find cuts for them. Treasonous Ogre is fucking stupid in a 40 life format so get him in there. Finally I'm not a very big fan of Sensei's unless you have a ton of shuffle effects or run Future Sight or/and Magus of the Future. You should probably do the latter.
>>
>>46870105
>final fortune and that 8th edition foil
Muh fuking dick
>>
>>46870133
Influence, gradually banning all basic lands.
>>
File: 49[1].jpg (85 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
49[1].jpg
85 KB, 312x445
Thinking about starting a new deck with pic related. Can someone suggest some nice card to go with it? My plan was to go with lots of aggressive cards that can get a counter by themselves, like with undying or unleash or vampries. Also sac and enter the battlefield abilities.
>>
>>46871975
venser is dead mayne

damn shame, hes like the only cool azorius guy out there. teleporting ftw
>>
>>46875547
>>46875422
>>46875326
It's been kinda the same for me. I have been lucky though, and have found my "holy trinity" or so to say. My main and pet deck is Stoutarm, and others my favorites are Memnarch and Ghave. I have had probably 50+ decks in total, with varying commanders. While Ghave is new-ish for me, Stoutarm and Memnarch have stuck for a long time, as well as Skittles has as well, but I didn't count him, as it's been a long ass time since I've played with him.
>>
>>46876228
>too cool
stop, that walker wasnt designed to be used as a commander
>>
>>46876188
>>46876246
Been there done that here's my decklist if you like :)
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dogs-of-war-4/
>>
>>46876418
Four cards I've decided that should be in the deck are Chaos Warp, Mystic Confluence, Soul of New Phyrexia, and Treasonous Ogre. These are all excellent suggestions and I'm actually already running future sight and Magus of the future. I'm having a hard time deciding what to cut, though :/ I feel like everything in this deck is necessary, but it also needs more. This is all very confusing to me. I don't often run into a build that's as strange and difficult for me as this.
>>
I just bought the Blue 2014 Precon yesterday (The one with walker Teferi), what are some cards I should swap out with better cards? I've seen a few but I'd like other opinions on what to get. Also, don't want to get him to be a stax build, stax isn't a fun deck with me and my friends.
>>
>>46878672
Chain Veil is a must is you intend to use Teferi as your commander. Otherwise, it really depends on what you want to do with the deck. From what I recall, the blue precon was fairly unsynergistic.
>>
>>46876188
Price of glory works great with that as a commander
>>
>>46870133
At first i though fellowship but affluence gets me the opportunity to play in more non-edh tournaments and play with friends more often so i would pick that
>>
File: Uek3nNd.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Uek3nNd.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>46877346

>tfw venser is dead on new phyrexia and was building a plane hopping ship

you know what wotc will do right?

>zombie venser serving the praetors
>>
None. I think that's a dumb mechanic, either not good to cast it paying it's mana cost or to get abused with some free spell bullshit.
Narset easily, she just attacks and win, that simple. I see no fun in just casting spells with no effort, it's just broken. Mizzix at least doesn't have hexproof so she's fair.
>>
Can anyone take a look at my new Daxos of Meletis prototype? Its the second edh deck I want to build and the first draft, so it could be really bad.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-04-16-daxos-of-meletis/
>>
>>46879993
Iron Myr is illegal, Stoic rebuttal is bad, as is render silent and artifact lands are usually bad choice, unless you're playing Metalcraft or artifact deck.
Otherwise seems pretty solid, decent amount of landa and such. maybe some things to give daxos double strike would be okay?
>>
Have you guys looked into doing a horde/challenge deck to play against with several EDH decks or even just solo with an EDH deck? I enjoyed playing the ones from theros, but I feel like there's got to be a way to expand well on that concept.
>>
I'm pretty to new magic and have a rule question , I have a brion stoutarm deck that has swords to plowshares and serra avatar, could I exile serra while it's in my library or does it have to be on the battlefield?
>>
>>46880069
Huh, why would Iron Myr be illegal?
The artifact lands are in it because of stoic rebuttal. I originially wanted to include more Metalcraft stuff but yeah, I can probably remove it.
More double strike is also probably a good suggestion, I'll try to find some auras or artifacts
>>
>>46880083
You can't target something in your library, what the fuck?
Why would you target your Serra Avatar anyway?
>>
>>46880083
What kind of question is that? You can target only permanents or players with spells. Therefore, you can SoP Serra Avatar only when it's on the battlefield. Not even sure why would you want to do that.
>>
File: d8OM3O2.jpg (266 KB, 384x537) Image search: [Google]
d8OM3O2.jpg
266 KB, 384x537
Anyone have some sweet The Gitrog Monster tech they want to share?
>>
File: EDHDecksapril.jpg (421 KB, 1216x1210) Image search: [Google]
EDHDecksapril.jpg
421 KB, 1216x1210
On a scale of 1-10 how big of a dick am I?
Based on decks alone.
>>
>>46880156
Iron Myr produces red mana. Daxos is white/blue. You would be better off with a counterspell that does something, as you don't have enough artifacts to trust metalcraft being online. You're better off with Arcane Denial, Dissipate or Dissolve, even though two latter are pretty bad. It really depends on the meta, but here best counterspells are Mental Misstep, Dispel and Swan Song probably. Free, or one mana counterspells are baller as fuck, three mana is usually too much.
Artifact lands are usually bad, because they are easier to remove, and die to artifact wrath.
Afterall, without dedicated deck, they hinder you, and you're better off with a basic land.
>>
>>46880182
Raven's Crime, Worm Harvest.
Loam is a must, and pretty much Crucible, too.
Squirrel Wrangler is pretty fun.
Get Titania and Squandered Resources.
Super secret tech isBind:^)
>>
>>46880255
Not that much, since most of those are pretty casual commanders. Only strong one is Brago, really.
>>
>>46880269
Youre right lol, I probably meant the white producing myr. Swan Song is a good idea, altough arcane denial also looks sweet
>>
>>46880255
Seems fine, Brago and Krenko are the only potentially problematic ones
3/10 dick level, would play with
>>
Which of these decks should I make?

>red/white burn and control with Archangel Avacyn as the commander
>blue/black aggro-mill with Lavaz as the commander, and all sorts of graveyard based zombie shenanigans
>green/red xenagos beatdown filled with trample and double strike
>green/black infect with Meren the grave-yard beast as the commander
>blue/white artifact control with Medomai as the commander
>>
>>46880525
Lavaz is the most interesting one there
>>
>>46880371
Arcane Denial is super good, since it's not as colour heavy as Counterspell, and it can be political, and in decent situation you can use it to draw 3 cards from countering a spell you exiled with Daxos. I've found most myr to be really underwhelming, as they're quite slow and prone to removal. I'd run more noncreature mana rocks instead. Then again, it's really mostly based on meta. My meta is full of instant win combos, and really many Doomsday Combos too, and seems to be, that most 1 mana counterspells are too situational in more casual meta to be of any use. Pretty much only good big spell seems to be Ad Nauseam.
>>
>>46880551
Thanks anon, that's what I was leaning towards as well. Any staples I should make sure are in there? I have a fairly functional mono-black geth deck that I was going to co-op into it, but I'm struggling with the mana-curve. Would you recommend more of a zombie zerg-rush to keep their removal busy, or fuck-huge immortal flying demons to make them forget about lavaz.
>>
>>46880525
New Avacyn is garbage in commander, she's only useful in standard or limited.
B/U Lazav is allright, milling is decently efficient with him, but your success could depend on your opponent's decks, unless you want to mill yourself.
R/G doesn't have much double strike enablers, as it's white ability mostly.
G/B Meren is good, but with infect she isn't really synergistic. If you want to do infect, you're better off either monoblack or BUG
U/W Medomai is meh, if you want to do control, there's much better options, like Brago or GAAIV, although Medomai is underused, unlike those two.
All really depends if you want to do a good deck or gimmicky deck.
>>
>>46880572
Most of the decks we play include one or two instant combos, so we aren't that cutthroat. Ive included now both Song and Denial, I'll see how that goes once I actually have the deck complete in a few months.
Youre also probably right about the Myr, dunno I just like them
>>
>>46880649
I don't know Lavaz that well, but I'd probably build him with a bunch of protection cards (darksteel plate etc) and maybe some cipher cards along with the normal B/U goodstuff
>>
>>46880672
I want a good deck. A really really good deck. I've made a shitload of gimmicky decks, like kruphix-eldrazi and yissan tutor, but I want something that will actually be useful and that I could invest in, without just dropping a skithiryx or iona. I have something like $2000 in singles and I want to consolidate them into one solid concept.
>>
>>46880735
See, I was thinking that protection of lavaz would be a lower priority, depending on the deck that my opponent is using. He's already hexproof, so he can't easily be burned and I don't think making him indestructible would be overly helpful since he's still reliant on other cards for his primary effect. Give me like 20 minutes and I'll post a trial decklist.
>>
>>46880733
I can totally get behind that. If you want, you can always try everything, and then make cuts and all if you want to improve or modify your deck in some way. It's the way I play, just swap something if I feel it being underwhelming or underperforming.
>>
>>46880742
Out of those, I'd recommend either Lazav or Meren, as they are definitely more powerful than the other ones. If you want a super powerful deck, I'd recommend a three colour one, as they can be the most flexible with best amount of answers. Manabase is the hardest thing to get tuned, and debatably the most expensive thing, too, but if that's not a problem for you, or you already have the lands needed, I would suggest trying that.
I have a Ghave deck, which only has had couple of times trouble producing three black mana, but it's been mostly consistent. Are you bad enough dude to take such risk for greater flexibility?
>>
>>46880868
Yes and no. Recently in drafts I've started using 3 colours for flexibility and it works fairly well, but I don't have very many 3 colour commanders. I have like... Tasigur and Daghatar the Adamant. I'm not worried about the mana-base because, as much as I don't have pain lands and fetch lands, I do have a shitload of mana-rocks and mana-dorks. What I struggle with is finding a reasonable mana curve. I just love those 5 and 6 mana game-breakers. Most of my cards are either artifacts, or B/U/G.
>>
>>46879942
> Venser build a planeswalking ship.
> Other planeswaker try to stop him but fail.
> Turned out he was a good guy all along when he sent it to oblivionin the blind eternities, getting rid of the most powerful phyrexians.
>>
>>46880946
BUG has decent commanders, as well as esper. I think Damia and Mimeoplasm are best of BUG and Esper there is Sharuum, Sydri, Oloro, Sen Triplets and Zur. I think Esper is the most competitive of all three colour combinations.
>>
>>46880164
Like I said, I'm pretty new to edh and magic in general, I figured using that to get an extra 40 life would help
>>
>>46880255
I have Kangee doing nothing, may I see your list? I may want to try to build him for the sake of it.
>>
>>46881066
Nah, You're better off flinging it to someone with Stoutarm. If not instant kill, at least you're gonna do a big chunk of damage, while doubling your life anyway. Why remove a good win condition from your grasp?
>>
>>46881194
Good point, just wanted to know so I don't make that dumb mistake while in an actual game
>>
File: 1450613188344.jpg (104 KB, 620x394) Image search: [Google]
1450613188344.jpg
104 KB, 620x394
>>46880946
post Daghatar pls
>>
File: Meta.png (2 MB, 1464x2320) Image search: [Google]
Meta.png
2 MB, 1464x2320
Post em, rate em, would you play with each of em
>>
>>46881537
> "What the fuck dude? I just blinked a second and everything is on fire?"
>>
>>46876042
>>46876060
Ok. I'm just really apprehensive about it because I don't want to get out of control with non-tribals.

Also
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/glory-of-the-boros-legion/
Standard flavor has always served me well, but I don't know about it's EDH flavor still.

Any recs?
>>
>>46882163
You probably want to have Lightning Greaves in there, with that many RW instants you could do with a Sunforger as well.
>>
Which is the better blink General? Brago or Roon?
>>
File: Main 3 decks each meta.jpg (430 KB, 1213x2048) Image search: [Google]
Main 3 decks each meta.jpg
430 KB, 1213x2048
>>46881742
>>
>>46882315
Brago, he comes out earlier, blinks more than one thing and he can blink things that aren't creatures.
>>
>>46881742
Jarad and Slobad gain my favor. Rest seems really boring for me to pilot. Would play against them though and probably enjoy it really much.
>>
>>46882535
You should add "The brewer" or "The autist" and have it say "Only plays jank. Rarely takes advice in deck building. Enjoys mill" with commanders being phenax, mirko vosk and szadek
>>
>>46882535
>commander damage is a stupid mechanic
This sentence infuriates me, and everyone that thinks that commander damage is bad thing, is retarded.
>It's probably only good rule the RC has made.
>>46882562
You forget that brago needs combat and to connect, and Roon has more colours, and most importantly, his ability can be used as a removal. Then again, I agree with you mostly.
>>
>>46882737
Notice she plays oloro primarily. She's pretty condescending when it comes down to her other playgroup and their brainless houserules.
>>46882677
I would, but my meta doesn't have one yet
>>
>>46882811
Yeah, I realize that. If you play without commander damage, Oloro becomes absolutely bonkers. Lifegain would be the maddest strategy ever, as you could just sit back with nigh infinite life and laugh at bazillion tokens with craterhoof.
How about infect, I suppose they have nerfed it as well, or just call it "cheap"?
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 125x91) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 125x91
>>46870133
Either Affluence or Influence, but probably Affluence, because:

I seriously considered Fellowship, but enough people I know play. Besides, what good is a fun group compared to great wealth or a taste of power?

Affluence is bretty gud because most decks I own would be thousands pimped, yet I still want to do it one day. Also, 1200$ a year is more than enough for EDH stuff, and I can use the leftover to speculate, do as much limited as I want, and have a good deck for magic's second shittiest format so I can win prizes in tournaments.

Influence is OBSCENELY tempting, if only because cutting certain generals and cards would make my experience SO much better. God, a world without Prossh, Narset, Zur, Derevi, Jhoira... The only problem here is that after I'm done killing all the boring generals and some cards Sheldon and his gang of faggots are too scared to kill (craterhoof bememeoth, top, sol ring, scroll rack) I don't really think there's much else I could use the power for. I mean, Sy-pri and Titan MIGHT be ok to try out, but there's really not much I can think of right now.

Inspiration doesn't seem THAT great to me. Although I'd love to jam high-cost reprints in every set like yugioh and watch the cancer known as speculators and vendors shriek in agony, you only get 6 or so chances a year, which isn't much, and you still have to pay the cost to acquire the card. Although tarmogoyf at uncommon wouldn't be too out of line, stuff like Confidant, goblin guide, and Snapcaster would probably still have to be rares, since I do have a shred of respect for NWO and limited. Of course, lands are essentially off the table, since it's kinda dumb to only print Volcanic Island or Scalding Tarn in a set and not the rest. Although to be honest, my first choice would be Counterspell in a Standard legal set just to see if it's really as bad as wizards swears up and down it would be. As for making my own cards, a red Snapcaster is my only idea here.

Little Girl: Nah
>>
>>46883020
Her bf tried convince the meta to push infect limit to 20 a couple times. That's not how it should be. Infect should be 10. Period.
>>
File: love.jpg (19 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
love.jpg
19 KB, 720x400
Alright /tg/ I need some advice on making my numot deck as degenerate as possible. How do I make my playgroup hate me with a fiery passion? What are some auto includes for maximum hatred?
>>
>>46883139
Well, the reminder text on infect and the old poison cards say that a player with 10 or more poison counters loses the game.
Why do you play with such garbage people? I feel sad for you.
>>
>>46878575
Jhoira is a bit strange when building. This is not aided by the fact that U/R is kinda clunky anyways. I would start trimming fat from your card draw. At 24 cards you are dedicating almost 1 out of every 4 cards to draw which honestly seems a bit excessive.
>>
>>46883277
Because they're all close to me, (except the last one, oloro player)

The only two that try to enforce busted house rules are the bottom two, and they're dating.
>>
>>46883199
Rhystic Study
Mystic Remora
Price of Glory
War's Toll
Arcane Laboratory
Rule of Law
Eidolon of Rhetoric
Stranglehold
Ebony Owl Netsuke
The Rack
Black Vice
Viseling
Restore Balance
Shaharazad
Frozen Aether
Blind Obedience
Impending Disaster
>>
>>46883450
Yeah, as your image said. Don't give them any space. Wish you best, and hope that they realize they're retards
>>
>>46870133
Inspiration All day.

Shoving my custom cards and pretty much having one additional new commander per set would be too good for me.
>>
>>46870133
Oh shit, I'm a green player so I've gotta go with my gut and pick Affluence, though I disagree with the colour choices. Blue should be inspiration, white should be affluence, green should be fellowship, and influence is fine.
>>
>>46870133
Everything is too week compared to affluence, at least for a poorfag like me. Maybe bump up one of the others a bit.
$100 is a bit less than what I've spent total on magic, and considering I pulled an expedition land I'm actually almost breaking even, but I still can't justify spending the money for new cards.
>>
Any suggestions for my Trostani deck?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-04-16-QYm-trostani-edh/
>>
>>46885593
rhys the redeemed, seedborn muse
>>
>>46885593
>>46885723
Oh, and illusionist's bracers
>>
>>46885986
whenever i build a deck i always forget that card exists, thanks for the suggestions
>>
How many basics do you guys run in your two color decks? Looking at my old decks, it really looks like I'm running too many two-color nonbasics.
>>
>>46886372
I used to jam every 2 color dual I could in, but now I stick to around 5-8 nonbasics and run Ruination
>>
>>46886372
depends on the colors, if it has any green or red maybe 50%+ lands will be basics since they're the easiest to tutor and are safe from your own land-D. B/W/U or any combination of those maybe 25% or less since you need to be ramping hard with rocks and get the most out of your lands.
>>
>>46886372
I try to float at around 9-12 basics depending on the deck, but my meta has literally no LD.
>>
File: playgroup.png (5 MB, 1808x2928) Image search: [Google]
playgroup.png
5 MB, 1808x2928
>>46881742
>>
>>46873896

Yes I am Ezuri. I was in the previous thread talking about building Ezuri with some cues from Edric.
>>
File: butterfly.jpg (6 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
butterfly.jpg
6 MB, 3840x2160
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wild-gruudstuff
What do I need to add?
What should I definitly remove?
>>
>>46889220
How's standard atm? Any fun?
>>
>>46889352
?
>>
>>46877055
creatures with modular are quite good
>>
>>46880255
2/10 decks don't reveal much on their own
>>
How do you keep EDH interesting? I feel like I've been playing with the same 4 decks forever, but every time I start brewing, I get bored and scrap it. Everything is starting to run together, and it's getting really tedious. How do you change it up and make things fun again?
>>
>>46889796
Be more creative. MTG has limitless possibilities, if you are finding all your decks samey, you are playing it too safe.
>>
>>46889928
So, this may seem like a dumb question, but how do I get creative? I'm not trying to be patronizing, I'm just trying to get some slightly more specific advice. When any given color/commander has about 20 or so cards that are too good not to run, I'm finding creativity a little difficult.
>>
>>46890330
Limit yourself and your options. Necessity is the mother of invention; creativity is just a byproduct.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 312x445
>>46877055
hi there
>>
>>46890330
Look at your decks and realize you have been prioritizing 2-3 colors. Actively seek out a commander in colors you don't usually play and build that. Or build around an archetype you don't usually play. Honestly if you're getting burned out on 4 fucking decks you seriously need to expand your repertoire. Try playing draft since it will often force you to play wildly different strategies.
>>
File: EDHlist4.jpg (792 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
EDHlist4.jpg
792 KB, 3000x2000
Alright I'd really appreciate some guidance here:

I've pushed Marchesa back and I'm waiting for Eldritch Moon to release to see what else I could put in there before finishing it so I've decided to bump Oona up.

I'm not all too familiar with BU in an EDH format so I'm a bit skeptical to how mill would run in a format with 99 card decks. I've done some research and play tested this a bit and I'm sort of happy with the results. My worry is that this deck would be much better in a 1v1 game rather than a multiplayer game of 3-4 people (which my playgroup usually does.) If this is the case for this kind of deck then I can accept that, but I'd really appreciate any ways to improve this. I already have Oona and Bitterblossom so at this point I'm just sitting back and mulling over what can be improved.

Here's the deck:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oona-deck-1/
>>
>>46890422
>>46890395

I'm the kind of person who can pick up pretty much any deck and play well, but I get what you're saying. Ive got Niv-Mizzet, Mizzix, Freyalise and Zeganna right now, so maybe something BW might be a good change of pace. Thanks for the help, I'll see what I can cook up.
>>
>>46890776
>When any given color/commander has about 20 or so cards that are too good not to run, I'm finding creativity a little difficult.

Fuck that noise, get rid of it. Some utility is needed so you don't lose every game, but running a card just because it is "too good not to run" will inevitably lead to boring decks.

Even minor shit like cutting Cultivate for something like Nissa's Expedition can lead to more interesting games.
>>
I've got Zurgo Helmsmasher, which is just a bunch of board wipes and blasts to use while he's indestructible. Borbygormos doing his usual land chucking at folks. And just put together a Brago blink deck, that sorta became a mill deck, getting Altar of the Brood in each opening hand, then a few ways to copy it and just chunk their decks away with blinks
>>
So, this weekend I played a bit of EDH with some people I don't usually play with. One person, very annoyed in fact, when I reminded another player of their Rhystic Study triggers. This was despite the annoyed player having previously been very unclear as to whether he was paying the 1 or not.

They also got upset when I reminded the other play about Jin-Gitaxis's draw 7 at EOT ability.

I get wanting to win. I do. And I have been willing to skip reminding another player about a beneficial trigger if I don't like the guy.

But I don't enjoy doing that. I even feel guilty about it. Even "mays".

It isn't my job to keep an eye out for those sorts of things, but EDH is a casual format. Hell, I let a lot of people do take-backsies, let alone remind them about triggers.
>>
File: Demon7.jpg (36 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Demon7.jpg
36 KB, 375x523
>>46891023
EDH IS a casual format, but if they aren't keeping up with the triggers or the "mays," themselves, or feigning ignorance to not want to use a trigger, then they might as well be playing at a kitchen table.

I make sure to be very technical when playing against people I don't know, of course, if they miss a trigger and it benefits me I won't tell them at all. It's up to them to learn from their mistakes.
>>
>>46891144
>they might as well be playing at a kitchen table.

Huh? I mean, yeah, that's the point of a casual format, right?

I dunno, my goal when playing EDH has never been about getting better at it.
>>
>>46890891
decking out your removal/support suite with on theme stuff, or even just weird shit, makes your deck feel more unique and can even make it run better.
for example my jor deck runs dispatch over path to exile, brightflame over wrath of god, leave no trace over some other enchant removal

small tweaks and weird answers make your deck more fun to pilot and can lead to delicious blowouts, leave no trace has pulled me out of situations many alternatives wouldn't have.
>>
File: Knight2.jpg (31 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Knight2.jpg
31 KB, 375x523
>>46891216
Then they should probably learn to build a bridge when they're told how to play the cards they put in their decks correctly. You did nothing wrong, anon.
>>
>>46891259
Mmm. Man, I want to play more EDH. I wish I had time.
>>
>>46882535
Blue guy gets mad respect for playing Urza as a commander.
>>
>>46891023
Yeah I generally only remind people of triggers if it's a game I'm not involved with at all because I don't give a fuck at that point or if it's a trigger that would benefit me.
>>
File: World Breaker.jpg (319 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
World Breaker.jpg
319 KB, 750x450
>>46889220
Bump
>>
Is new Olivia any good? I pulled her and Arlinn out of 5 packs of SOI
>>
>>46892156
I've been seeing mixed things. Hopefully Eldritch Moon drops more interesting vampires to compliment her.
>>
>>46892156
Not as a commander, no. She does slide into old Olivia pretty well if you have some reanimation going on, though.
>>
File: 1176775130305.jpg (64 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1176775130305.jpg
64 KB, 240x240
>>46882535
>"my playgroup doesnt play with commander damage because its a stupid mechanic"
>plays with Oloro
>>
>>46870133
Influence
I just enjoy chaos. Inspiration would be nice though, I could make a legendary storm crow.
>>
>>46892806
>unban bronze tablet
>build a deck around tutoring bronze tablet, making token clones of it, or flickering it as you use its ability, and literally stealing cards from your opponents
>>
>>46880255
Brago list pls
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 480x680
>>46880182
Not exactly secret tech, but say hello to your win-con.
>>
File: m'doka.jpg (11 KB, 228x222) Image search: [Google]
m'doka.jpg
11 KB, 228x222
>>46892398

Women are all fucking retarded, why does this surprise you?
>>
File: 1427091295028.jpg (18 KB, 188x192) Image search: [Google]
1427091295028.jpg
18 KB, 188x192
>>46891299
I know that feel bro.

>haven't played EDH the longest while with my friends/playgroup
>I invite them every Friday but they always can't make it
>playing edh or just magic in general with strangers was always a unpleasant experience
>>
File: 1401158315057.png (212 KB, 330x352) Image search: [Google]
1401158315057.png
212 KB, 330x352
>>46893479

>Been playing EDH with the same group since 2007
>Meet after work on Thursday every week for 3-4 games
>Everyone is chill and relaxed
>Always have a blast and leave in a great mood

I pity the lonely who can never know such joy
>>
File: 1394866480918.jpg (31 KB, 615x456) Image search: [Google]
1394866480918.jpg
31 KB, 615x456
>those groups who hate combo decks but are fine with Tooth and Nail for Avenger+Craterhoof
>>
>>46892398
For all you know she made that deck to abuse that rule.
>>
>>46893613
Fucking hate that combo, nearly as bad as the ol sanguine bond + exquisite blood
>>
How viable is kalitas traitor in grixis control/mill? as part of the 99 obviously
>>
File: 1407872638299.jpg (224 KB, 1438x1080) Image search: [Google]
1407872638299.jpg
224 KB, 1438x1080
>>46893698

>tfw you stop the combo and they rage concede and storm off
>>
File: 1461272858310.jpg (32 KB, 256x123) Image search: [Google]
1461272858310.jpg
32 KB, 256x123
>>46893613
>players who think infinite combos are degenerate, but ramping out a t4, hasted Ulamog is a-ok.
>>
When are the next premade deck coming out?
>>
>>46895040
fall of this year, late fall if anything.

No word on theme I believe
>>
>>46895094
I really hope they make a cycle of ally color XP commanders, but I know they won't.
>>
File: 1461203599121.png (334 KB, 551x550) Image search: [Google]
1461203599121.png
334 KB, 551x550
>>46895200
>people un-ironically like Allies
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 213x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 213x200
>>46895233
>not understanding the color pie
>>
File: 1424310763331.jpg (142 KB, 1249x684) Image search: [Google]
1424310763331.jpg
142 KB, 1249x684
>>46895395
Fuck off to /ck/ with your pie-talk, anon. We're talking about Magic here.
>>
>>46891023
I'm with you on that. I mean honestly I remind people of their most beneficial blockers if it looks like they forgot they had acidic slime on the battlefield and I'm swinging with a 10/10 nothing. But I did that to a stranger against my friend attacking at our lgs. My friend got super butthurt. I told him later how I thought it was wrong to count your attacks on people making very blatant mistakes.

Moral of the story. Casual means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. Because I'm constantly trying to help everyone pilot their best and kinda hope people would remind me of my obvious mistakes
>>
>>46871467
Exactly. Aim for above 36, as that's a low figure to begin with. Try to hit around 38 to 40. Rocks help, but really don't replace lands in hand, especially for a starting hand.

New players should aim for 40, as they'll lean towards higher costing cards than usual.
>>
>>46866022
What is the optimal way to build prossh? I need a jund deck to round out my color distribution and prossh seems to be the best choice. Is it tokens? I already have a purphorous deck and don't want something that is the exact same as that. I also have Karador(boonweaver), Maelstrom Wanderer(warp world), Karametra(WG good stuff), Nekusar(wheels), Geist(voltron) and oloro(stax) if that helps anyone make suggestions on what/how to build in jund colors.
>>
>>46888253
Your group seems pretty fun, would play with/10
>>
File: 1450422326442.jpg (35 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
1450422326442.jpg
35 KB, 500x509
>>46895233
>>46895407
Hey man, I just want a good commander in rakdos colors.
>>
>>46895890
the new Olivia is pretty rad, building around her is a ton of fun too
>>
>>46895890
Rakdos is a good commander in rakdos colours.
>>
>>46879977

>implying paying 5 mana for time warp isn't totally worth it
>>
>>46895981
Eh, shitting out eldrazi isn't really my thing, but valid point.

>>46895921
She does look interesting. I'll be waiting to see if anyone can get her to work.
>>
>>46891144

>forget trigger
>"learn from mistake"

That's fuckin dumb

You can learn from making a bad game decision

You can't learn from realizing you forgot a trigger. You already knew you needed to remember the trigger you just forgot
>>
>>46896158
>Eh, shitting out eldrazi isn't really my thing
>not just going demon tribal
>>
>>46896158

Grenzo is really good, better than rakdos in my opinion because his strategy is cheaper and less fragile

Those are the two best options though

There's that Phyrexian one that kills legendaries, which is kinda cool but it's 7 mana

Then there's the blood witch who sacs red and black creatures, decent option

Mogis is whatever, kinda cool once you start beating down with a 7 power indestructible creature, but overall he's pretty low impact but he fits the theme of certain decks Better than any other option even if there are better cards
>>
>>46883277
If the infect player is enforcing the higher total for infect its fine, I always enforce our groups rule of infect 15 because Im the only one using infect.
>>
>>46896158
you can check out my attempt on olivia if you like, it's not quite finished though I still have to swap in some stuff from the maybeboard.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-04-16-assemble-the-legion/
>>
So quick question;
I'm wanting to run a faerie deck with some changelings as a sort of sidhe (or sith if you're scottish) theme, but here's the question. Do I run Oona or do I pick up some green and go for the Mimeoplasm?
>>
>>46895233
Allied colours, Anon. Come on now, use your contextual clues.
>>
File: 1447551216895.jpg (53 KB, 575x600) Image search: [Google]
1447551216895.jpg
53 KB, 575x600
>playing a friend on cockatrice
>both play Jhoira
>his turn 3, he drops Jhoira
>my turn 3, do the same
>his turn, he suspends Enter the Infinite
>my turn, suspend Omniscience, Blightsteel Colossus
>he suspends his own Omniscience at end of my turn
>thinks he's got me good
>several turns with not much action, I play a Jori En Ruin Diver, he plays Chain Reaction
>eventually his Omniscience and Enter both have 1 counter, I pass the turn
>his Omniscience and Enter the Infinite are cast
>tap 4, overloaded Counterflux that was in my opening hand countering them both
>he scoops since my next turn brings Blightsteel and my Omniscience into play

MIrrormatches are some funny shit.
>>
>>46870133
Inspiration, i already have the first one.
>>
>>46866022
Final Fortune/Seize the Day. I love "death or glory" stuff like that
Narset
>>
>>46895890
KAERVEK
>>
/edh/, It is decided, i'm building Newzuri Morphs.

Why didn't I think of it earlier?
>>
File: steam_augry_compressed.png (6 MB, 2560x1758) Image search: [Google]
steam_augry_compressed.png
6 MB, 2560x1758
>>46897321
Suggestions anyone?
>>
File: strong yes.jpg (30 KB, 455x327) Image search: [Google]
strong yes.jpg
30 KB, 455x327
>4-player game last night
>Me (Godo) and an Oloro player left
>Oloro sitting on like 95 life
>drop a Blasphemous Act first main phase, somehow no counter
>swinging at Oloro with a 12/12 indestructible double striking Godo
>with Quietus Spike attached

>AND THEN DO IT ALL AGAIN

When this deck goes off it is the funnest thing in the world
>>
So what are control magic and homeward path interactions?
Say the latter's ability was used after control magic entered the battlefield.
>>
>>46898522
It works like Brand.

>>46897321
Oona. Though, I would go Gyldwyn or whatever she's called.

>>46895434
Yeah, exactly. I guess people only pretend to be casual.

>>46897704
Does that actually work? I would think 2 suspends goes "trigger, trigger, trigger resolves, spell goes on stack, spell resolves, trigger resolves, spell goes on stack".
>>
>>46898588
>It works like Brand.
The what?
>>
How do I rape control.
I don't care about winning I just want to make the control player never play control.

And is there a list on the control commanders, so you know immediately who to target.
>>
>>46898847
Surrak comes to mind.
>>
>>46870105
I read on several occasions that 4 sweepers is pretty much standard. Personally I prefer 6-8 sweepers, depending on the playgroup. It might be overkill, but it happens often enough that one player has an insane start and floods the board with creatures with noone being able to stop him.

In my mid/control Rock I play:

Pernicious Deed
Merciless Eviction
Wrath of God
Damnation
Austere Command
Decree of Pain

with an option to fill up with Sunblast Angel, Magister of Worth and Rout.
>>
>>46898588
>Gyldwyn
I dont know who you're talking about here
>>
>>46877055
Flayer of the Hatebound and lots of tutors
>>
Need some help with a Talrand deck I'm brewing. Putting it together because 2 of the players in my group are being hateful bitches and I want to grind them down without using stax. Any suggestions would be nice, though budget is preferred. Nothing over $15, plz. Here's the link: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/talrand-lord-of-counterspells/
>>
>>46898930
Not him but trying to guess. He could mean Gwendlyn di Corci, that's the closest name. Maralen and Vendilion Clique have places in the LorMor storyline, so maybe one of them? Damia, maybe, as a generically good u/b/g commander and alternate to mimeoplasm?
>>
>>46898930
I'm assuming Wydwen, the Biting Gale. U/B, and Faries.

http://magiccards.info/lw/en/253.html
>>
New player here, wanted to start out with a few friends who already play commander.
Wanted to buy the 2015 Black/White deck, is it a good starting deck?
>>
>>46899393
Not really, I think it's the weakest of all the precons that year. Daxos just kinda sucks, Karlov is okay but fragile. It has great staples in it though and is a good place to start for a white/x enchantress deck.
>>
>>46898847
Dragonlord Dromoka is the control buster.

Run cards that prevent interaction on your turn. Grand Abolisher, Dosan the Falling Leaf for example, or Mana Web and Wars Toll to force them to either skip their turn to interact or have open only one spell per rotation. Cavern of Souls is good too.
>>
>>46899511
For which one should i go instead?
I have no interest in Red/Blue and Green/Blue though
>>
>>46899541
City of Solitude is the enchantment version of Dosan, and prevents abilities being activated, too.
>>
>>46899541
>War's Toll
>in GW
>>
>>46899604
I'm talking in general, GW already has ton of control busters.
>>
>>46896371
Sure, but it's never like that. Usually those, who want infect nerfed, are salty players, who either play control and/or are bad players. I had a GAAIV control player playing duel with me, and he got super fucking pissed for infect and profiliterate after he lost.
>>
>>46899883
Alright yeah, fair enough
>>
>>46898867
>>46899541
Problem is that a good control deck isn't just counterspells. Sure, they're a thing in them usually, but they should run a bunch of removal, wraths and resource denial, too, such as discard and mana denial strategies. So, just preventing them to cast spells (or to activate abilites) during your turn would not probably matter anyway.
>>
>>46899264
Man, fuck these Gaelic Celtic names. And yeah, that's the one I meant.

>>46898681
The card Brand. Anyway, I just realized that card didn't have any rulings either. Uh... Here, let me look it up. Yeah, you get it back. Homeward Path gets it back.
>>
File: 1443796190587.jpg (282 KB, 470x1229) Image search: [Google]
1443796190587.jpg
282 KB, 470x1229
>Look up blue decks or decks that use blue out of their mana pool
>snapcaster mage is in every one of them
>>
File: 1455047319325.gif (315 KB, 486x494) Image search: [Google]
1455047319325.gif
315 KB, 486x494
>>46900595

>People play with good cards
>In an eternal format
>>
File: 1440134612728.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1440134612728.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>46900695
I don't know, just seems like lack of creativity to me.
>>
>>46900726

Playing with good cards isn't a lack of creativity, it's just common sense. We don't all aspire to be the most special of snowflakes, who only play with obscure cards that you've probably never heard of.
>>
>>46900776
I disagree, but ok.
>>
>>46900595
>>46900695
>>46900726
>>46900776
>>46900799
Snappy also has cards that enable it that are either too slow for eternal formats or not in them , have you ever Riptide Laboratory'd a Snapcaster every turn to get insane value? I just wanna point out how undervalued Riptide Lab is actually with most good blue creatures being wizards.
>>
>>46900799

You could at least call me a faggot or something, I feel so unfulfilled.
>>
>>46900835
Sorry, I prefer a constructive /edh/ over a common one.
>>
>>46900776
>>46900695
Good cards are good but if >>46900595 isn't exaggerating (which I doubt he is) seeing 100% saturation of any card is kinda depressing. Goes double when it's a big ticket. I wouldn't expect to see 100% on FoW or Revised duals and frankly don't but apparently Snapcaster gets there and that's just sad.
>>
File: 1460796835564.png (785 KB, 768x771) Image search: [Google]
1460796835564.png
785 KB, 768x771
>>46899548
The Green/Black one with Meren is insane

Too bad the Red/white didn't become an artifact deck
>>
>>46895890
The blood witch is pretty neato
>>
>>46900965

Why is it sad?

Snapcaster is really fun to play with

As opposed to your special snowflake cards that are absolute garbage and don't actually do anything in game hey just let you brag about how unique your deck is
>>
File: 1414303236560.jpg (22 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1414303236560.jpg
22 KB, 480x480
>>46901777
>>
>>46902046

What's that pic from, looks familiar
>>
File: 1458851343754.gif (2 MB, 245x281) Image search: [Google]
1458851343754.gif
2 MB, 245x281
>>46882535
>My playgroup doesn't play with commander damage because it's a stupid mechanic
>Runs Oloro

I don't have words for this level of autism. Anyone who says commander damage is unfair should just play another format.
>>
>>46900726
>muh creativity

Some anons just want to build a strong deck. Some just want to win or see how far down the degeneracy rabbit hole they can go.

The only people who really bitch about creativity are the ones who get stomped by a deck more consistent than theirs.

How's that Nekusar snake tribal deck working out for you?
>>
File: 1410850210078.png (204 KB, 415x280) Image search: [Google]
1410850210078.png
204 KB, 415x280
>>46902374
>>
File: oloroplayer.jpg (18 KB, 552x310) Image search: [Google]
oloroplayer.jpg
18 KB, 552x310
>>46902283
Op here, I know, the first time she said that I immediately called her out on her shit.

I told her it's not used as some random, arbitrary number, and it's not just placed in for shits n giggles. Commander damage is 21 due to the original elder dragons all having power of 7, making it a 3 shot kill.

Commander damage is in place to stop lifegain decks, it serves as a cap, just like infect. Otherwise, the strongest deck is just lifegain in edh.

She complained that it's still too difficult to deal with. Like, you're running esper lady, you can find removal in black, white, and blue. You have literally no excuse to complain.
>>
>>46877055
Building one myself.
Mikaeus
Duplicant
BLIGHTED AGENT
>>
Best prebuilt deck by WotC to buy for a beginner?
>>
>>46902891
Probably Meren. It's pretty good out of the box and she synergizes well with BG goodstuff rather than requiring a very specific build to get value out of her.
>>
File: coffe2.png (128 KB, 306x273) Image search: [Google]
coffe2.png
128 KB, 306x273
>>46889220
Bump.
Is the cards usable for another commander if I should switch too?
>>
>>46882535
>doesn't play with commander damage

Awful. Tell her to piss off with that shit, then build a merciless Voltron deck and go full-on headhunter.
>>
>>46902891
Meren is probably the safest to pilot and easiest to upgrade effectively. If your playgroup is more casual, Id say just grab any color youd like and start playing, barring maybe Darretti and Mizzix, given their difficulty and more costly upgrades.
>>
Honestly

good cards = fun cards
>>
File: 21TOTHEFACE.png (107 KB, 291x287) Image search: [Google]
21TOTHEFACE.png
107 KB, 291x287
>>46903054
You should have seen her face when she was at 200 life and got one shot by mimeoplasm using artful dodge flashbacked from the graveyard. I've never seen someone look so disgusted in my life.
>>
>>46903212
That's excellent. One-shotting Oloro players is the best

What card got exiled with Mimeoplasm?
>>
>>46903247
I want to say it was pathrazer of ulamog and polar kraken
>>
>>46903337
*jokulmorder, not polar kraken
>>
>>46903199
I don't understand this mentality.
>>
Also, does hokori, dust drinker have enough support to be a proper stax commander, or should I just stick with mogis?
>>
File: 1449676022248.jpg (34 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1449676022248.jpg
34 KB, 512x384
>try to make a lavaz deck all day yesterday
>wind up with a giant pile of nothing
Fuck bros, this is hard. Every decklist I find has $3000+ in cards, or is assembled by complete r-tards who don't realize that things with extort can't be run in a deck with blue/black colour identity.

I think the problem is that I might be working with a faulty concept. I was trying to make some sort of mutual-mill zombie beatdown setup with demons as support, but it doesn't seem to be coming together the way I wanted. I think I'm trying too hard to make a green/black deck with blue instead of green.
>>
>>46903421
Extort can be, actually. Shit's reminder text, not rules text.

Same way you can run Trinisphere in a monored deck.
>>
>>46903421
extort is really annoying that the text is reminder text, not rules.

So those mana symbols don't effect color identity.
>>
File: 1457350370002.png (341 KB, 749x650) Image search: [Google]
1457350370002.png
341 KB, 749x650
>>46890752
Anyone at all? Is the deck not appearing? Should I just fuck off?
>>
>>46902548

See I hear that all the time but I'm not sure it's true

Commander damage doesn't come up in my playgroup too often as I seem to have the only voltron deck and it's only one of multiple decks I play so it's not happening every game

But the idea that lifegain NEEDS to be balanced by commander damage seems hard to believe. Lifegain Loses to what people normally consider the best wincons, infinite combos, especially since lots of combos aren't even damage based they win by destroying all permanents you don't control or milling opponents out

If anything it seems like a rule designed to make voltron viable because it str8 up doesn't work with 40 life multiplayer games
>>
>>46903536
>>46903501
Wait wait wait, what? How in the fuck does that work? What's the difference between reminder text and rule text? I thought it was any colour in the card's description. I could have been running extort in my mono-black control?!
>>
>>46903387

To me what's fun in magic is having cards that do what they are supposed to do, that way you always feel like you have options that will affect the game

Bad cards aren't fun to play with because they don't do what they are supposed to do, they are pure disappointment
>>
>>46903606
It's just REMINDING you that you can play W or B to Extort, because those are the only colors that work with Extort.
>>
>>46902891
Definitely Meren, but I think there's also something to be said for any of the commander 2013 ones
>>
>>46903649
So extort is on the same line as trample or flying, not in the description of the card effect? Well... I distinctly had a friend shit on me for using cryptghast in my geth deck. What a fucker.
>>
>>46903606

Reminder txt is in italics and inside parentheses

The idea is that reminder text isn't actually printed on the card it's just there to remind you, the actual game-rules relevant text is all in normal font
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.