[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG lore: FLAKES FLAKES AND MORE FLAKES edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: Flakes.png (5 MB, 1801x2913) Image search: [Google]
Flakes.png
5 MB, 1801x2913
Previously on flake/lore thread:

Some stories were written. Some walkers joined the main flake story. Zix is ballin'. Diomedes got a new friend named Tien Sheng. Gaia-anon posted some gorgeous art. Vronak-anon posted a lot of spoilers. Anna has a paste-bin. And colorless walker is Father Time who wants to bang Mother Nature.

FLAKES FLAKES AND MORE FLAKES

Keep the storm goin. Fight 'em, write 'em, pair 'em, and whatever.

Previous thread:
>>46821751
>>
>>46835048
>Which is the most boring snowflake?

>Which is the most Mary Sue snowflake?

>Which is the most Tumblr snowflake?

>Which is the most off-color snowflake?

>Which is the edgiest snowflake?

>Which is the most lore-shattering snowflake?

>Which is the most magical realm snowflake?

>Which is the most powerful snowflake?
>>
>>46835168
>>Which is the most boring snowflake?
Deka
>>Which is the most Mary Sue snowflake?
Vronak
>>Which is the most Tumblr snowflake?
Karin
>>Which is the most off-color snowflake?
Vronak
>>Which is the edgiest snowflake?
A fucking lot of them.
>>Which is the most lore-shattering snowflake?
Unit IV
>>Which is the most magical realm snowflake?
Inzhu
>>Which is the most powerful snowflake?
Gaia
>>
>>46833768
Terribly alone, it would be all touch and go really, unless i got more summons, muster up a literal army.
>>
>>46835048
I need more flakes for reasons.
>>
>>46835376
Anon please, we don't need any erp harems.
>>
>>46835376

What are the combinations that are underpopulated right now again? I don't think the statistic's been updated recently.
>>
>>46833768
If they actually managed to get to Gaia's plane, she's probably fucked. I mean, it's Phyrexia. There's not much you can do.

Unless her fucboi Urza showed up to help, and then they could tag-team Yawgmoth.
>>
>>46835168
Corvin, Cadros, Deka and Kharan are all candidates.
I'd probably have to say Cianne, coupled with William and Vronak but they're a given.
Ginger's apparently a girl pretending to be a man, Karin's a genderless shapeshifter and I swear Acervus shouldn't be using male pronouns with that face. It's your call.
Vronak has absolutely no personality traits beyond black, Huija feels like he should be mono-green or Selesnya and Zix is a goblin in Izzet without red.
Chillbrass is designed to be that but considering Vronak's story about defeating Vraska along with several Ravnica guild leaders and boasting about wishing he could add her to his collection, prize goes to him. Runners up include Irriad, Ivander, Skotonos and Wrotok.
I have to give Vronak an honourable mention because of countless arguments he starts with his misunderstands of the flavor. The true offenders are Unit IV, Akanta and Ariadne however.
None of them seem like obvious fetish bait yet, aside from Skotonos looking for a wife but that's fairly innocent. No one wins this one.
Gaia. Duh.
>>
>>46835168
vronak, except for the shitposting he generates
vronak
Ygraine
Vronak
Vronak
Vronak (summoning akroma to kill vraska seems off)
Marjanah (I'm assuming this talk of trap water gave her a dick too, but that's just a guess based off what I know of how gay this thread is)
Gaia
>>
>>46835423
>Mono W: 3
>Mono U: 3
>Mono B: 6
>Mono R: 2
>Mono G: 3

>Azorius: 3
>Orzhov: 4
>Dimir: 5
>Izzet: 4
>Rakdos: 2
>Golgari: 3
>Gruul: 2
>Boros: 5
>Selesnya: 5
>Simic: 3

>Esper: 1
>Abzan: 1
>Grixis: 3
>Jeskai: 3
>Jund: 1
>Sultai: 3
>Naya: 1
>Mardu: 1
>Bant: 1
>Temur: 4

>Domain: 3
>Colorless: 1

Please jump on anything that's a one or two. Other stuff is fine but anything that's five or higher, we're kind of over-saturated with.

If you do make a Dimir snowflake, please don't give them artifact synergy by the way.
>>
>>46835279
>>Which is the most magical realm snowflake?
>Inzhu

Hey! What's the magical realm part of an autistic asian girl that creates clones of people?
>>
>>46835552
Anyone have the updated template?
>>
>>46835575
Insecure asian girl.
>>
File: bellboy.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
bellboy.gif
2 MB, 500x281
Snowflake, would you use your powers of planeswalking to carve out a piece of land in one of the realms all your own?
>>
>>46835457
William and Vronak need something to make them less sue. Make Will more obviously insane and Vronka actually black and not so op
>>
>>46835692
Yes, I agree with this. Then I could get into them more.
>>
>>46835671
Autistic, insecure, what's the difference?
>>
File: 1461175378655.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1461175378655.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46835586
>>
>>46835954
People will waifu anything they view as vulnerable and thus might accept their fuck ups.
>>
>>46835838
Will anon here, reworking the his sheet as we work out the plane story.
>>
File: MtG_Character_Builder_Collage.png (2 MB, 1780x364) Image search: [Google]
MtG_Character_Builder_Collage.png
2 MB, 1780x364
The cycle is complete.

Sort of happy with how most of them came out.
>>
File: demon flake.jpg (110 KB, 540x1477) Image search: [Google]
demon flake.jpg
110 KB, 540x1477
What is your opinion on a potential flake that is, strictly speaking, not actually a planeswalker?

I got an idea about some kind of unorthodox demon that is capable of infesting people's minds, lying dormant in their subconscious thoughts. It doesn't have a spark, but it's capable of travelling around the multiverse by jumping into the minds of other planeswalkers as they go about their business, and discreetly leaving once they arrive at its desired destination with the walkers being none the wiser.

It's still pretty powerful and capable of casting some significant spells, forgoing the usual black shtick of undead and reanimation in favor of hand manipulation both in the forms of tutors and discard spells, as well as the occasional Word of Command-type spell.

It would also be represented by a Legendary Creature card instead of a Planeswalker card like the rest.
>>
>>46836349
So, something like the Raven Man in the most recent lore article?

Could be fun and I'd be willing to accept it.
>>
>>46835457
Vronak's creator here. Vronak is primarily black. As a card of him would cost (w/u)(r/g)(b)(b)(b). And the point of a Reanimator is it doesn't rely on other people summoning critters, then the necromancer killing it and resurrecting it.

The point of a Reanimator is that you already had the summon spell in your spellbook. You know how to cast it. And could hard cast it because you actually have that spell. But, instead you put in in the ground and summon it from the grave for cheap. This, why he is primarily black with a slight splash of the other four colors.

Also, in the story, he didn't kill any guild leaders. The non-canon story was set up to make it appear that he had, though if peeps wanted me to continue with it, I would have it turn out that one of the other guild leaders was behind it and going back on the Guildpact. The only reason I wrote it was to give an example of how he works.

Also, go read Vronak's canon backstory.
>>
>>46835692
You know that Mary Sue doesn't mean they are bland, right?

Literally neither Will nor Vron are Mary Sues.
>>
>>46836214
But will Rapey McBlack waifu Waifu DeBlue?
>>
>>46836462
Will-Anon here, as is he's kind of powerful without any obvious weaknesses. 'oh I travel the Blind Eternities and use colorless mana and travel time and use Eldrazi inspired spells.' a bit taken to the extreme there, but it doesn't help the story idea is taking up a lot of threads
>>
File: 1460486379364.jpg (1 MB, 2078x2078) Image search: [Google]
1460486379364.jpg
1 MB, 2078x2078
>>46836401
Point out a planeswalker since the Mending that has had a legitimate spellbook or talks about summon spells.

You need to understand that the game is an abstraction of the lore and some things that exist in one do not exist in the other. The flavor of reanimating cards is that they animate deceased creatures. The whole reanimator deck idea doesn't exist in the lore. It's a combination of unrelated cards that make little sense through a flavor context. Copying famous creatures throughout the universe that don't belong to his color, magically conjuring them so they exist beneath the ground and summoning them from there, not even reanimating corpses but just conjuring them into existence in a slightly different way?

It's a ridiculous concept and hard to take seriously through the eyes of a Vorthos. It makes about as much sense as a younger Nicol Bolas using a planeswalker Nicol Bolas as a bludgeon to smack people with.

But rather than ridicule you further, I'm going to give you some advice. The core of the character is good. A cryptic necromancer that's building a collection of reanimated corpses of powerful creatures throughout the Multiverse? I like that, I can dig that even.

I'd personally represent that character concept by going mono-black and just using these six cards that you originally used. I wouldn't make a list of legendary creatures, I wouldn't try to claim that he has dominion over all colors. He seems ultimately very black, you admit that he's primarily black and really, there's nothing that's added to his character by having him summon fucking Akroma rather than controlling the animated carcass of a random angel.

It's a concept that has potential, I just thoroughly disagree with the direction you have taken it in and judging from >>46835279 and >>46835508, other people agree with me. Why not just simplify the character by making him mono-black and removing his legendary minions? Focus on his core as a powerful, ambitious necromancer.
>>
>>46836711
I agree, Vronak should be the badass black bbeg for Tien Sheng and his conqueror pals, or Gaia.
>>
>>46836466
He's got a Jeskai choice on his hands. One out of three chance it might be Inzhu he goes after.
>>
>>46836711
I agree. What the vronak guy is trying to represent is more accurately represented by dementia summoning that the cabal did. They'd roam far and wide observing monsters to memorize and mess with in their heads, then summon later.

And the spells and characters that did it were always just black cards, though the monsters they created might not have always been black. (I can't remember if the nightmare cycles in that block, such as Worldgorger and Wormfang were the results of dementia summoning. They might have been).

A necromancer type is someone who is reanimating the dead, not building a collection of mental spells to summon.

Either way, both flavor mechanics are definitely black, and not red/blue/green. You could almost get away with a white necromancer.
>>
>>46832692
Geralf is downright astounded by Lili being able to create a zombie that can give her information (Mikaeus). Liliana is as far as we know one of the best necromancers in the setting.
>>
>>46836711
>Point out a planeswalker since the Mending that has had a legitimate spellbook or talks about summon spells.

Jace at least discusses summoning at one point.

But you're spot on about what would make Vronak a better flake.
>>
>>46835552
MTG lore newfag here, gonna try and make an abzan planeswalker.
>>
>>46837177
If you need any help with details, just ask here and we'll give advice.

The whole point of this exercise is to bicker about the color pie and to talk about the intricacies of the lore, after all.
>>
>>46836711
That's what we call the library. In lore, the library either takes the form of a literal spellbook or is inscribed into the planeswalker's mind. And they store all the spells they have learned and all the different types of lands they have access to siphoning mana out of.

A lot of revisionist Planeswalkers have spoken about this. Get outta here with that.

Also, the point is that he's not just another necromancer. This is why we go with the term Reanimator. As you said it, he's not resurrecting the dead. He's summoning them from the ground. They aren't undead corpses. The summons are alive and well. This is why he is not mono black.

Also, if I was allowed to base him off the real life deck, he'd also use blue and white spells as well as black. But, ultimately he is domain. As the deck utilizes all five colors regardless of having black as the basis of retireving these creatures.
>>
File: Snowflake Hakam.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Snowflake Hakam.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
>>46835552

I guess I'll +1 esper walkers, then.
>>
File: donutsteelupdated.jpg (897 KB, 1564x1462) Image search: [Google]
donutsteelupdated.jpg
897 KB, 1564x1462
Updated my canon chillbrass. Please enjoy the new tales of precision sniping.

>>46837262
Could you please stop shitposting with your weak justifications for something everyone knows is wrong?
>>
>>46837470
Could you stop shitposting with every single post you make? Even shitposting using your flakes?

Also, Vronak's canon doesn't involve him going to Ravnica. That was a non-canon story. So, your entire flake is non-canon.
>>
>>46837470
>>46837524
>ur nt canon
>no u
Ladies, please. You're both beautiful.
>>
>>46837470
I like that you're life is so pathetic that you have to go out of your way to annoy people. Like to the point that you waste your life to type this dumb shit up and post it on this thread because you think it's funny and think it pisses people off

It's funny that you think you are important enough to actually bother people irl. But, you're not.

I bet you do absolutely nothing irl on your weekends. I bet you don't go out. Don't hang with friends. Don't go out on dates. Hell, I bet that you don't even have a job.

Enjoy your life, shitbag.
>>
>>46837262
They almost entirely store their magical ability in their mind, to the point where the concept of spellbooks is defunct for planeswalkers.

And you seem to have missed the core of my point. The way that you choose to interpret your deck and represent it in a flavorful way is jank.

Reanimating the carcasses of creatures so that they're just as formidable as their former selves, terrifying corpse-versions of powerful creatures, that's cool.

A slightly different, round-about way of summoning that only makes sense when you talk about it in terms of cards and just sounds weird when you try to talk about it in terms of lore? That's less cool. 'Summoning creatures out of the ground' just sounds awkward and weird, especially when those creatures are legendary creatures from across the Multiverse and the ages.

Look, I'm clearly not the only one who thinks this way if you read >>46837046, >>46837001 and >>46836818. The way that you choose to interpret the cards in such a literal fashion just creates a jarring, uncomfortable character. The fact that the creatures that he 'summons out of the ground' are important lore characters that are close to our hearts increases how jarring it is.

Focus on his ability to reanimate the dead and bring him down to mono-black rather than trying to represent a combination of cards from a competitive deck so literally. The whole 'summoning Akroma out of the ground to kill Vraska' thing is just cringe-worthy, while the core idea of Vronak as a monoblack reanimator of deceased but powerful creatures is good.

I'd consider reading Vronak's backstory if I was interested in the character. As it is, I am so put off by the way you present your snowflake that I just don't want to. I am trying to be civil but if you don't want to listen to what I have to say in this post, I'll just give up on you.
>>
File: 1459565408059.jpg (421 KB, 1250x894) Image search: [Google]
1459565408059.jpg
421 KB, 1250x894
>>46837219
Ok, thanks. My initial premise is this: Ancestor-worshiping "heretic" of an Abzan clansman is discovered by the dragons and moments before his death, planeswalks to Innistrad. He finds a land beseiged by monsters of many kinds but is distraught that the people usually consider spirits of the diseased as monsters as well. He tries to set up an ancestor cult and rally the spirits to help the humans. Two planes visited and a focus on spirits, also maybe something about meeting the Orzhov on Ravnica. Trying to keep it simple.

Would this work? Y/N ?
>>
>>46837631
>>46837524
nothin... personelle... samefag
>>
Not sure we're to post it so putting it here.
I think Nicol Bolas is behind the madness on Innistrad, we haven't seen or heard from him in a while and looking at the cards we only see madness including blue, black, and red. But idk theory isn't fleshe out much, just something I noticed
>>
>>46837652
Just go back and read it. And the Vraska thing isn't canon.
>>
>>46837716
I have no desire to read about a character that doesn't interest me whatsoever. Since you're refusing to accept any criticism or advice, I'll just stop now. Have a nice day.
>>
>>46837692
This is the right place. This is both for discussion of the official lore, and made up speshul snowflake lore.

I'd love to see bolas again, but I feel like the case for Emrakul/Nahiri is so locked up that it's unlikely.

>>46837652
>>46837716
I'll save you the time: Vronak is a young genius necromancer. He's undergoing some sort of trial to enter into necromancer manhood along with his gf who might have been his sister. they're choosing their zombie pokemon for the challenge, and vronak chooses a ratata instead of something rational like dragonite. As a result of this, his sister/gf gets killed when phyrexia invades out of nowhere, and now vronak wants to collect the strongest pokemon.
>>
>>46837656
Keep in mind that Abzan includes black. Your character has a healthy respect of the past through tradition and ancestor worship, that's something that is green. The fact that he cares about the greater community and is trying to get the common man was to work alongside his ancestor spirits is very white, to the point where I'd say white is his dominant trait.

Black is the color of death, selfishness, ambition, parasitism and amorality. It's one that you don't represent very well. I suppose that technically you could use his reverence of dead ancestors as something black but it's a fairly weak connection.

So, what's the Abzan character's connection to black?
>>
>>46837405
That's two Rabiah snowflakes. I'll need to find a suitable icon for that.
>>
>>46837767
I'm not refusing to take criticism. I'm refusing to change a fictional character that isn't apart of some actual written universe. It really doesn't matter.

But, whether or not you care for my take on the character's color identity. You should take a look at the origin for him. It suits your tastes more and shows him when he was just a boy and was mono-black. I really do think you'll like it. If you're really against reading a good story just because you do not like my interpretation of how he works, then give the first three paragraphs a try and if you don't like it, I won't say anything else of the subject.

>>46824519
>>46824537
>>46824555
>>46824573
>>46824588
>>46824601
>>46824626
>>46824645
>>46824667
>>
>>46837798
Vronak: I wanna be... The very best... Like no one ever was... To catch them is my real test... To train them is my cause!
>>
>>46837947
>good story

>>46837976
I will travel... across the planes... each corpse to understand... the power that's inside...
>>
File: MtG_Snowflake_WIP.png (61 KB, 704x427) Image search: [Google]
MtG_Snowflake_WIP.png
61 KB, 704x427
Challenge time.

Is someone here able to reduce the ridiculously shaped Arabian Nights set symbol down to a suitable size, as to match the set symbols used in the snowflake template?

So far, I'm having very little luck.
>>
>>46838022
REANIMATOR! Gotta raise 'em aall... it's true! Black mana will pull me thruu!
>>
>>46838049
What's the square size in pixels that it needs to fit into?
>>
>>46838088
43x43 would be ideal.

Yes, it's a pain in the ass.
>>
>>46837947
But you are refusing to take criticism, though. Look at William anon. He listened to our criticism and is now working on William to make him 1000 times more intetesting. I genuinely want to watch where the Gaia's crew vs William's crew goes now.

Take our advice. We collectively know what we're talking about. Make Vronak a black bbeg.
>>
>>46838198
I'm listening to your criticism. And my own personal views of the character aren't the point here. I told flake-Anon when I first made the character that he should be mono- black. But, he told me why it would be domain and I agreed with what he was saying. So, I left it at that. So, he will remain domain. And I see why he should.

If flake-Anon wants to put Vronak as mono-black. Then ai'd be more than happy to make a domain flake to replace the absent spot of a domain flake.
>>
File: Blind Obedience.jpg (55 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
Blind Obedience.jpg
55 KB, 620x400
>>46837816
He could have learned something from the Orzhov, how to rule, not that they tutored him but what he observed in his brief time working for them. Maybe like a Lex Luthor kind of motivation? He wants humans to win and he wants to be the one in charge, and benefiting the most when they do. Also mirror Lex's hatred of superman with his-own of Dragons?

Self-styled prophet of an Ancestor Cult?

I was also looking at other planes he could visit between Takir and Innistrad besides Ravnica. Kamigawa and Theros stand-out as having interesting spirits.

Is there any lore on Masumaro, First to Live? I can't seem to find any.
>>
File: rabiahresized.jpg (2 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
rabiahresized.jpg
2 KB, 255x255
>>46838123
testing with this.
>>
File: MtG_Snowflake_WIP.png (62 KB, 704x427) Image search: [Google]
MtG_Snowflake_WIP.png
62 KB, 704x427
>>46838272
As I (>>46836711 and >>46837262) am flake-Anon and have rapidly grown to like your snowflake less and less the more information I read about it and I think it would be much better if you abandon the legendary creatures side of it and make it monoblack. So since at your suggestion, I'll make him monoblack, pretend he just reanimates thing in a sensible way instead of 'summoning out of the ground' and move on. I'll even remove the unglued symbol.
>>46838361
That works, although I'm wondering whether we could get something even clearer by removing the tassle? That gives more space.
>>
File: rabiahresized2.jpg (1 KB, 43x43) Image search: [Google]
rabiahresized2.jpg
1 KB, 43x43
>>46838508
That's a good point. Try this.
>>
File: MtG_Snowflake_WIP.png (61 KB, 704x427) Image search: [Google]
MtG_Snowflake_WIP.png
61 KB, 704x427
>>46838638
Fantastic, although it is just a touch blurrier. I might try clearing up the blur later, might even stick with the first. If Hakam and Marjanah are around, could they give input on whether they'd rather have the Planechase symbol or the new Rabiah symbol?
>>
File: rabiahresized3.jpg (1 KB, 43x43) Image search: [Google]
rabiahresized3.jpg
1 KB, 43x43
>>46838738
Hopefully this is cleaner.
>>
OOOooOOh
dis mean update soon?
>>
File: muhplanes.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
muhplanes.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
Reposting my flake, cus fun.
>>
File: 1460956022666.png (3 MB, 1801x2081) Image search: [Google]
1460956022666.png
3 MB, 1801x2081
>>
>>46835457
What makes Cianne a Mary Sue do you think?
>>
File: zix.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
zix.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
Zix here, more writefaggotry! Pastebin with last time's story cause people seemed to like it and this one continues. Slightly edited at parts I thought felt awkward.

http://pastebin.com/TvdHwDPv

William-flake-anon I hope this doesn't feel out of character for you or anything, I haven't seen any "voice" examples of your flake.

Zix's apartment was tiny and neat. A bed, a dresser and a workbench were all he needed. On the bench sat his project, one he had been working on ever since he arrived on Ravnica and joined the Izzet League; an hourglass he could use to reverse time, instead of just slowing it. He had poured a lot of time and resources into this, knowing its completion would lead to the recognition and promotion he so rightly deserved. The concepts were difficult, however, and even though he got the sand to flow up, getting the mana to flow backwards had proved difficult. It continued to prove difficult, even years later.

"Cute project you've got there," a voice said from behind. Zix spun around to find the source, and saw a bald, bearded, old man.
"Who are you?" he tentatively asked.
"It's an interesting idea, reversing time, but one that I think you'll need far more power to make happen."
"That doesn't answer my question."
"Making the sand fly up is purely cosmetic, you can't really think that would have helped it work, right?" Zix's eyes flicked back and forth from the man to his hourglass.
"... No. Of course not. That would be stupid." He made a mental note to stop experimenting with it.
"Anyway," the man came closer. "I detected some fairly powerful time magic, and managed to trace it to its source. I'll say, I didn't expect a goblin, particularly not one from Mirrodin."
"Okay old man, that's enough talk, who are you?"
"Well, New Phyrexia now."
Zix was tired of this. It was time to evict the codger, one way or another. He reached for a dagger, and the world began to slow.

>continued
>>
>>46839844
Then it began to speed up again. The man had stopped rambling.
"Please don't try that on me. If you must know, I am Arete. William Arete."
Zix was spooked. He hadn't encountered many mages who could stop his time magic like that.
"Why are you here, William Arete?"
"At first, it was to look for answers on a particular problem of mine. Then, it was to find the source of the time stop about half an hour ago. Now, I want to know what a Mirran goblin is doing working under the Izzet League on Ravnica."
"I'm building. I'm experimenting."
"At home? On only one project? Doesn't sound like the typical Izzet scientist."
"I'll get there."
"Will you? Why should you?" William paced around the room. "After all," he said with a wry smile, "You're better than them. Come with me instead. Let me show you a REAL project."
Zix sat on his small bed and pondered. Part of him knew his ego was being appealed to. Another part knew his ego was always correct. Finally, he stood up and extended a hand.
"I'm in. Where do we start?"
>>
>>46839613
kek
>>
>>46835440
>fucboi Urza
This gave me pleasing images.
>>
>>46838049
Diagonal would give you the most room so you shrink it the least.
>>
>>46836349
I like it. And if it looks anything like that pic, holy shit.
>>
>>46839613
Need one of these for the updated sheet.
>>
>>46839844
>>46839866
You are my favorite write-friend right now.
>>
>>46839613
Yes it's perfect
>>
>>46839765
It combines into a lot of traits. The only bright and colorful creature from a dilapidated, dead world that absorbs magic and mana wherever she goes and represents the colors of mana she carries through hair color.

I actually like the character, it just reads like it came out of a fourteen year old girl's DArt when you really think about it.
>>
>>46840133
I am A-OK with this interpretation of her.
>>
>>46839844
>>46839866
Will-anon here, I like it! I appreciate that even as he rambles, he stays focused on a point. Gives an old man eccentricity to him. Hope in the future Zix gets to show some agency in his research or whatever he chooses to do next!
>>
Okay, I came up with a snowflake.
Basically, she's a poison-using, drug-abusing, narcotic brewing ratfolk alchemist. Spends her time in a drugged-up haze searching for a better high or even more virulent toxin. Think acid-trips, opium dens, spiked drinks and poisonous mushrooms.
Mechanically, I'm thinking she does a lot focussed around giving you poison counters, and then effects that need you to have poison counters to work.
>>
File: tomiko.png (1 MB, 1566x1178) Image search: [Google]
tomiko.png
1 MB, 1566x1178
>>46840889
whoops forgot my image
>>
Would a walker that is literally just an awakened housecat be interesting?

Miyami was a part of a druid's Grove on a plane she cannot remember. Awakened to intelligence, the process gave her a soul - and with that soul came a spark. For many moons, she lived with the druid, happy to keep watch and protect the crops from birds. One day, though - as cats do - she fell asleep in the sun. She awoke to find the Grove set ablaze, and agents of the local church (which held no love for druid's) putting all the inhabitants to the sword. In horror, she leapt to protect her creator, only to be caught. Her last sight before her spark ignited and ripped her away was her creator's head falling to the ground with a wet thud.

She tries not to think about it too much, not anymore. She travels the Multiverse with only three goals - a warm welcome, a good meal, and a comfortable bed. She knows a lot, though - she's been everywhere in her time (the awakening process extended her lifespan), and who notices a cat?
>>
[i]testing[/i]
>>
>>46840915
>>46840889
I don't think we have a poison on infect flake yet, neat!
>>
So in this week's story, when Jace and Lili were fighting, were we supposed to feel emotional as they yelled at each other? Because it felt the complete opposite of that. It was like they were trying for a "finish your mission" scene from Winter Soldier and fell flat.
>>
>>46840932
Creatures are born with a spark. A creature that was once non-sapient couldn't have possessed a spark.

The awakened cat would need to be born awakened, born sapient and born with a soul and a spark.
>>
Don't mind me, I'm just >testing
testing
>>
>>46840932
We have Razorcock, the awakened Chicken.
>>
>testing
testing
>almost done I swear
>>
>>46841033
It's MTG official fiction, it's not always very well written. In fact, it's not usually very well written. This was one of Kelly Digges' weaker pieces, nonetheless.
>>
>>46841059
Not cat-anon, but here's one I've always wondered. Can you be a planeswaker but not a mage? Every walker in actual lore has some kind of magic power pre-ignition, but could you never show magic/learn to cast before your spark ignites? And I don't know if MTG is the kind of setting where anyone can do magic with the right training or not, but if it isn't, can you continue to not have magic even after being a planeswalker?

My first snowflake was a RB guy who I wanted to be purely a fighter who happens to also walk the planes looking for stuff to kill, but I ended up making him a mage as well.
>>
>>46841125
No. The spark comes with natural magic. Every planeswalker that exists comes with natural magical talent, even if it manifests itself in ways as simple as Gideon's invulnerability and Garruk's beast mastery. You could definitely have a planeswalker that's a big, brawling fighter that just focuses on the magic of GETTING STRONG.

I'll find the blog post.
>>
File: Stirring in her sleep.jpg (81 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
Stirring in her sleep.jpg
81 KB, 960x768
>>46839844
>>46839866
Ok, Gaia-anon here. Since we're officially in the writefag stage of development, I decided to write Gaia's opener.

I've never written for /tg/ before, so please be gentle.

Gaia stirred in her sleep. How much time had passed since it began? Years? Days? Moments? Eons? It mattered not. Time, as she knew, was malleable, mutable, and finite.

Her consciousness shifted, spread out over the vastness of an entire plane. Slowly, piece by piece, her thoughts came into alignment with one another. There was something there. Something tugging at the corners of her mind. What was it? Where was it?

Who was she?

It didn’t matter. “Keep the cycles flowing”, she thought. “Keep the barriers strong”. The barriers? Yes, the barriers. She had to maintain them. But why? She couldn’t remember. “Keep the cycles flowing. Keep the barriers strong.”

There it was again. The tugging. “Someone is pushing on the barriers. Someone is threatening my children.”

It didn’t matter. They would never get through. This threat would pass just as all the others had.

>continued
>>
File: trees n shit.jpg (865 KB, 1600x873) Image search: [Google]
trees n shit.jpg
865 KB, 1600x873
>>46841239

Content in her surety, Gaia’s consciousness began to fracture once more, returning to the Realm of Dreams. It listened to the world it had made, to the world it sustained. A torrent of voices washed over her. There was song and laughter and singing and fear. There was death and joy and war and birth. There were a million things in a million places, and all of them were singing just for her it seemed. This was peace. This was life, in all of its myriad forms and cycles. Beautiful, tranquil, chaotic, and enduring. This was why she had entered her long sleep. This was why she had given her freedom. Her children. Her world. More precious than any amount of personal conquest or glory. More valuable than all the gold or jewels or riches in the entire multiverse. Her love for them was endless. She would give her last breath, her last shred of sanity and soul to defend them, no matter what.

And there it was. The tugging again.

“It will pass. Just like the others.”

It pulled and it pushed.

“No. This threat is different. This threat is wrong. Perverse.” It had to be dealt with. “You will not harm my children.”

And from deep within the core of a long forgotten plane, Gaia began to push back...
>>
>>46841231
>>46841125
>https://tmblr.co/ZUrCEt1XTlBjS

The planeswalker spark is inherently magical, so there’s no being a planeswalker without having the potential for magic. Every planeswalk is a use of magic. However, you don’t have to be an active spellcaster — a person who knows a bunch of spells and consciously taps into sources of mana to cast them — to have the spark. So yes, a “non-mage,” in the sense of someone who doesn’t actively go around casting spells, can become a planeswalker, but nobody who becomes a planeswalker has zero potential to use magic. You could be a cobbler or a florist and have the planeswalker spark, but you’re a cobbler or a florist who could have a flair for magic if you tried.

Note that that magic can express itself splashily or subtly, explicitly or implicitly, depending on the planeswalker. If Gideon had only trained as a warrior, he could still have a spark and still become a planeswalker. He did learn some hieromancy (law magic) from a mentor once, but even if he hadn’t actively studied that way, he would still have been able to use magic in his deft, impenetrable, iron-skinned fighting style. He always had a form of magical potential in him, whether he realized it or not.
>>
>>46841295
Oops. Found some mistakes. I'll fix them when I post it to pastebin. It seems I use the words "song" and "singing" in the same sentence.
That will not do.
>>
>>46841059
Basically, the "awakening" process is "a soul is born and then dumped into a pre-existing body, then given a few older memories from that body." It's a little creepy, but the druids don't know that.
>>
>>46841059
Urza had a cat breeding program going on in dominaria for years, trying to awaken to sapience naturally. It continued after his death (underground) through automation.

Years after the fall of yawgmoth, Mr. Purrkins #76987652 awakens, and hates his name.
>>
Why is this thread dead?
>>
>>46839844
>>46839866
Zix is a fucking god.
But nah, jokes aside. I like it.
>>
>>46841239
>>46841295
And this, too. This I like very much. It may be your first time writing, but you do a good job portraying how disjointed her mind is. It's befitting of a being so old.
>>
>>46842292
That is a very good question. It seems everyone left over the last 2 hours.
>>
Can I make my own special snowflake too? I have an idea that has not been used yet that could be hilarious.
>>
>>46842878
Sure. Go for it. It's a free thread and by the power of /tg/ all threads are equally shitty.
>>
>>46842898
Great. Lets see if I actually get to it too. I was thinking a myr planeswalker.
>>
File: symonhaskel2.jpg (851 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
symonhaskel2.jpg
851 KB, 1562x1186
Reposting my flake from last thread, just for posterity.
In a nutshell: GU Simic dropout who gets a rush out of discovering new landscapes and fantastic beasts, often takes stupid risks just to get a little closer to study things. Maybe I'll come up with some more fluff/goals over the weekend.
>>
>>46842980
Yeah, I remember this guy. I liked him. Kind of a simple guy in this world of technicolor weirdos.
>>
So that bunch of people have their storyline running with Gaia and William and Belagir and so on. But what are some other possible combinations of snowflakes?

Which snowflakes do you see as being perfect allies for one another or perhaps even perfect rivals?
What sort of teams do you imagine would form and for what purpose?
Hell, are there any snowflakes that you think would be perfect for each other and are destined to be lovers?
>>
>>46841239
I can't stop staring at that pic. Is there something wrong with my eyes, anons?
>>
File: Magic_Mountain.jpg (101 KB, 800x521) Image search: [Google]
Magic_Mountain.jpg
101 KB, 800x521
>>46843319
No?
>>
>>46843408
That...is even better.
>>
>>46842927
I thought constructs couldn't be planeswalkers? Though a Myr-centric one would be pretty fun.
>>
>>46843593
Dont worry about it, its going to be great.
>>
>>46843593
Constructs can only be walkers if a planeswalker or two put their sparks into it and then died.
>>
>>46843650
Aren't myrs naturally occurring creatures, though?
>>
>>46843680
No
They were built for slave labor, have no self-awareness, and are expendable as fuck
>>
>>46842980
The Eldrazi cult has me curious how he'll work out, I like the ambiguity. Where are you taking his story?
>>
>>46843466
I can see why Wiill wants to hit that. Did you guys ever figure out the past relationship?
>>
>>46843242
>Hell, are there any snowflakes that you think would be perfect for each other and are destined to be lovers?

Diomedes and Tien Sheng. Their set should basically be Gilgamesh's friendship.
>>
>>46843242
Zix is in, and maybe the simic dude due to Eldrazi cults?
>>
>>46843863
Symon's story loosely follows the progression of my decks (though I'm currently playing GW humans while trying to get the cards together for a standard GU deck). I was thinking that he was initially fascinated by the Eldrazi and spend some time following their wake, documenting their broods and cataloguing their behaviour, and almost unwittingly fell in with an Eldrazi cult for a while. He didn't realise how far gone he was until something happened - perhaps other planeswalkers attacked the cult? But at any rate, he disappeared and the cult fell apart, possibly harbouring resentment against him for his abandonment.

From there, I think he'd be trying to distance himself as much as possible from the madness and the taint of the eldrazi, but feels compelled to use his knowledge- so he's on Innistrad investigating the mutations and madness there, keeping to the frontier and working with/recruiting folks like the Intrepid Provisioner to keep civilisation intact in the wilderness. Probably doesn't want anything to do with the 'main' conflicts there, but he tries to stay upbeat and help fellow 'walkers out, and his knowledge of the less-travelled parts of the planes makes him a useful source of information (and perhaps a perfect guide, if he can be convinced to tag along). His notes on what passes for the 'biology' and behaviour of the Eldrazi are not too well-informed, but they are quite thorough in their observations, so he may still be a useful prospect for more unsavoury alliances, too.

I'd like to flesh him out more with either an antagonistic relationship with another walker or just interaction in general, but we'll see what happens.
>>
File: The Messenger.png (424 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
The Messenger.png
424 KB, 1562x1186
Fuck, I didn't notice how late it is. I cant finish it yet. But here's some shit already, to make folks disgusted.
>>
>>46844033
Didn't notice to remove the color symbols. Naturally it would only use artifacts.
>>
>>46844022
Employ some devoid Eldrazi cards in your colors.
>>
>>46844075
That would be a good idea. Perhaps not the creatures, but stuff like Slip through Space would be great for my exploring/card draw theme and reflect the warped magic Symon would use as a last-ditch escape plan. Perhaps Ruin in their Wake or Unnatural Aggression, too...
>>
>>46844033
constructs can't just manifest sparks, you're going to have to contrive a reason for a spark being donated to it.
>>
>>46844408
What do you think the message it carries is?
>>
>>46843949
Not yet. When Will anon gets back on, we'll talk about it more.

HEY WILL ANON. RESPOND WHEN YOU'RE ON. KTHX
>>
>>46844496
you should make this less implied in the bio.
>>
File: MtG_Snowflake_Final.png (6 MB, 1801x3329) Image search: [Google]
MtG_Snowflake_Final.png
6 MB, 1801x3329
And we've hit the eighty mark.
>>
>>46844671
Yay
Now let's make snowplanes
>>
>>46844671
Kakoarm's maker here, that's a pretty solid surface level condensation of his bio, I wouldn't have been able to sum it up as nice or cleanly. Thanks man. Currently working on replacing/adding cards to his list, don't feel right with seething song there.
>>
>>46844910
I actually had difficulty picking out which were the most important events. That was a bio that had a lot going on with it, hence the lack of mention for the madness he got from that unnamed plane or the details of the magic he learned.
>>
>>46844671
Question. Why do some of the walkers have grey bars behind their colors?
>>
>>46844597
ON
>>
>>46844671
Belagir is a bard, btw.
>>
>>46844978
You did a good enough job pointing out the force of will thing, which is supposed to be his big deal. The ideas implied like the Lage connection or the time loop are entirely inconsequential for the purposes of a tiny bio, save that the former warps him and his summons, so you did great. Thanks again.
>>
>>46845032
It's to signify an affinity with artifacts.
>>46845087
Bard is not a creature type. Out of three card with 'bard' in their name, two of them have the rogue creature type and one has the shaman creature type. So he is labelled as a rogue.
>>
>>46845032
Artifacts
>>
>>46845071
SO.

What's Gaia's and Will's history? Also, did I do well portraying Will's attempts to get into the plane (for what little of the story that featured in)?
>>
>>46845121
>Bard is not a creature type. Out of three card with 'bard' in their name, two of them have the rogue creature type and one has the shaman creature type. So he is labelled as a rogue.
Ok, cool. Seems logical.
>>
>>46845202
Yeah, your story was good! I feel like a romance would be super obvious, so I'm reluctant to hook them up. Maybe they were partners under some great planeswalker, and she took to color magic while he did colorless. Fuck, someone came up with a good story/theory in previous threads about Urza/Gaia, so maybe Urza learned artiface. I'd really have to read up on Urza lore. What ideas do you have?
>>
>>46844671
Now that vronak is right proper, I feel like chillbrass should be modified to remove the reference. Maybe change him to taking aim at planeswalkers that take things too personell?
>>
>>46845482
>Yeah, your story was good!
Thank you!

>Maybe they were partners under some great planeswalker, and she took to color magic while he did colorless.
I prefer the idea that Gaia very VERY slowly acquired a domain color identity.

But perhaps they were partners at some point. Perhaps William went back in time to some pivotal moment in history, long long before the mending. Maybe there was an earlier calamity during which a few planeswalkers fought side-by-side to overcome said cataclysmic event. Perhaps both Gaia and William were two of these oldwalkers? Maybe they had opposing ideologies, even then.

>Fuck, someone came up with a good story/theory in previous threads about Urza/Gaia, so maybe Urza learned artiface.
Which story was that? I think I missed it.
>>
File: lawl so randumb.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
lawl so randumb.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
...i-is it too late to post this?

>>46844697
I'll get to it
>>
>>46845748
I'm not sure about the Urza stuff, and if she slowly discovered mana then they weren't students together. Overall he's still going to be a time traveller, but likely an old walker now that it's been mentioned how unlikely out was for a new walker was to be that powerful.

As a time walker, he could have interfered a number of times incidentally. I feel like he shouldn't be tg focus of any story, but just the story is the result of his actions. Small strokes with big effects over time as makes sense for an insane time traveller. He could have visited her during her time on the Arda, been her student later, then taught her earlier, ect. A very mismatched timeline for what should be her story.
>>
Could someone explain to me why liliana was afraid of the demons? Couldn't she just nope the hell away from whatever plane they were on and they can't follow her?
>>
>>46845829
Interesting. I feel like she needs more of s plan going forward. Give her a goal, or group she leads/works for.
>>
>>46845748
>Which story was that? I think I missed it.
Someone made a joke about Urza and Gaia hooking up. That they banged and had the Kavu as kids. And that she taught him green mana. And that Will was cucked the whole time.
>>
>>46846028
kek
>>
>>46845884
demonic bond magic may bypass distance between planes, like some sort of arcane quantum entanglement. And, you know, forced reasons to keep characters in a state of crisis.
>>
>>46844671

>>46839613, get on it
>>
>>46845877
>He could have visited her during her time on the Arda
I'm not sure about Arda, because I'm hesitant to touch LotR any more than I have (I'm such a dirty blasphemer). So I had imagined that she didn't return to Arda much after her ascension. Eventually she stopped returning at all as her home became less and less familiar to her over the ages.

But I'm for them having met on numerous occasions. Obviously Gaia continued to move forward in time, yet William could have hopped around at any point. 1000 years for Gaia could have been 10 minutes for William. Time travel is an excellent way for him to educate himself, btw. He can cherry-pick the greatest minds and events of history.
>>
>>46844671
Anyone else want to see a writefag take on something involving both Dyna and Ygraine? Bonus points for non-lewd.
>>
>>46846298
I could give it a shot at some point. Though I'm doing homework atm.
>>
testing

dice 2d40
>>
>>46846202
I like the idea of that. He's already an old human when he ignited. He doesn't know how much time he has left, so he decides to skip around a lot and get things in what is completely straight forward to him, but appears insane and brilliant to outsiders. He didnt destroy your world over centuries of corruption, he told this dude to how to perform a magic spell and then jumped centuries forward to collect the results of his research. Shit happens and he's detached.
>>
>>46846366
>He didnt destroy your world over centuries of corruption, he told this dude to how to perform a magic spell and then jumped centuries forward to collect the results of his research.
That's the best way to utilize time travel, imo. Why wait when you can get the results now?

So. They've met before. Several times. They didn't hook up, right?

How much would she have learned about him? I.e. his powers, his past, etc. And does he realize that she's at the heart of that bubbled plane?
>>
>>46846366
Also, did they actually fight together against some calamity of the past?
>>
>>46839613
This description of Albin is totally on the mark, though.
>>
>>46846511
>>46846484
They probably did on both accounts, though I don't know to what extent it affects him. I imagine he knows she's at the heart, and may have on fact helped her make it without realizing it. If he knows he's going to destroy it, which I'm not sure about then he likely thinks he can fix it or doesn't realize it's important. 'neat experiment' basically.
>>
>>46846726
You should story time some stuff for him. It would help us get into his head a bit.

So how many flakes are officially in on this story? We have Zix, William, Gaia, Belagir, and who else?
>>
>>46846726
>They probably did on both accounts
Also, what do you mean by both accounts? Sorry, I'm really tired. When I've not been story-timing I've been doing homework all day.
>>
>>46846827
Can I insert my snowflake into a separate, less autistic story? Maybe one about the dragon jew Belloski and his amnesiac lackey Mihalis that he keeps calling Milhouse going on wacky adventures across planes, meeting other flakes along the way?
>>
>>46847035
Do it.

>less autistic story
We're all autistic here. This is a fucking flake thread.
>>
>>46847075
But slightly less
Like if the time travel god with the smoking hot planar wife and gross goblin son was a 10 on the autism scale, I'd rather see something that's a 9 on the autistic scale
>>
>>46847146
Out of curiosity where does Narset rank on the autism scale?
>>
>>46847157
11. She's right behind Jace, who's a 12.
>>
File: My face when.jpg (63 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
My face when.jpg
63 KB, 480x480
>>46847146
>Like if the time travel god with the smoking hot planar wife and gross goblin son
Got a good kek out of me.

> I'd rather see something that's a 9 on the autistic scale
Fair enough. Want to start write-fagging some of that shit? I'd love to read it.
>>
>>46847181
Narset LITERALLY has autism
She's off the scale
>>46847233
Ehh, I was hoping someone else would do it, but I might give it a shot
>>
>>46847279
>but I might give it a shot
Do it you glorious fucking faggot.
>>
>>46847157
Maybe like a 3 at best.

Nerditude does not autism make.
>>
>>46847412
>Nerditude does not autism make.
What maketh the autismo then?
>>
>>46847556
Possessing a neural configuration typical of individuals on the autistic spectrum. That and a bizarre obsession with Sonic the Hedgehog.
>>
File: Ka'koarm.png (3 MB, 2376x1669) Image search: [Google]
Ka'koarm.png
3 MB, 2376x1669
Updated Ka'Koarm cardlist.
Wanted to bring a little more creature focus to him and emphasize the transformative and corruptive aspect of his magic. Also replaced seething song with braid of fire, because it goes better with the whole achieving incredible/insane results through sheer willpower theme, and also discovered subversion, which upon reading the definition of the word I decided definitely fit the character.

How's he looking?
>>
>>46847950
Like a freaky fish man.
>>
>>46848164
good
yes
mission accomplished, everyone can go home
>>
>>46846298
Dyna is legit my favorite flake. Going around the planes fighting huge things and taking their treasure.
>>
File: DynaPunch.png (259 KB, 1355x1173) Image search: [Google]
DynaPunch.png
259 KB, 1355x1173
>>46849049

Thanks, anon. Picking out cards for her was tricky, but I just really liked the idea for a Jund character.

Thanks to whatever anon drew this, too, if you're still around. It's perfect.
>>
Give me a name for a human from Jund
>>
>>46849121
Bufmann Mc.Angryfists
>>
>>46846840
I think they wouldn't have a love relationship, but they worked together. Making it a love story makes it really autistic and takes away from a mad scientist trying to achieve some insane truth at the cost of an entire plane.
>>
>>46849121

Krukt Mudmarks
Reshd Furarms
Drastch Thunderfoot
>>
File: dragonfire.jpg (567 KB, 1000x731) Image search: [Google]
dragonfire.jpg
567 KB, 1000x731
>>46849121

TUD ROCKASS
>>
>>46847146
Team up or foght against me, DIOMEDES, and Tien Sheng!
>>
>>46849352
Do you have any actual direction for the fighting to go in or...?
>>
>>46849301
But the smut, tho.
>>
File: Sir Willafred.jpg (46 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Sir Willafred.jpg
46 KB, 450x450
>>46849301
>Making it a love story makes it really autistic

But then how will you get support from the dank memers?
>>
So Tamiyo's entry 735 practically cements it as Emrakul being the "Eldrich Moon" right?
>>
>>46849301
CAAAAAN YOOOOUUU FEEEEL THE LOOOOOVE TONIIIIIGHT?????
>>
>>46849352
I'm actually making a hero flake who goes around the plane kicking the shit out of people who abuse power.
>>
>>46849360
I have no idea. Tien Sheng I think wants to conquer places so they can be ruled by the right and just. DIOMEDES wants to help his best bro and to FIGHT EVERYTHING.
>>
>>46849371
>>46849361
You want smut about a crazy old man who may in fact be the reason everything is terrible forever and his smoking hot coma wife?
>>
>>46849461
I don't want it but that seems to be a pretty big part of why that story got so much traction. Old man and hot earth goddess is epic funny.
>>
>>46849461
>smoking hot coma wife?
I'm loving these Gaia nicknames. Keep 'em comin'.
>>
>>46849461
>>46849523
>Not wanting oldwalker smut with crazy hot earth waifu

What are you, gay?
>>
>>46849143
>>46849305
>>46849335
youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY
>>
I'm just using this thread to get my worldbuilding/write-fag itch out.
>>
>>46835048
>Who's your favorite flake (can't be your own)?

>Who's your least favorite flake (can't be your own)?

>Why?
>>
>>46849874
Razor Cock

William
>>
>>46850009
>Why?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1562x1186
Alright, I have finally finished a new Domain Planeswalker to replace the spot that Vronak was once in. I hope you guys like the idea of him.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>46850320
Here is his full pic.
>>
>>46850320
One domain walker is enough.

Now we have 3.

Goddammit.
>>
>>46850320
Here's a hint. Making a domain walker is very very very hard to do without making them a mary sue.

Coma hottie is closest to non-sue domain walker of the ones we have, but that is because she is more of a setting than she is a character and the part of her that is a character has some serious drawbacks.
>>
>>46850393
I said that I would create another one for flake-anon if he changed. Ronaldo to mono-black.
>>
>>46850428
And what's Mary Sue about him?
>>
>>46850320
>chromat's bff

not really digging it
>>
>>46839613
>Not updated enough to see what humorous things are said about my own flakes
Awww...
>>
>>46850320
Ok. Two things
One I don't think that dryads can get sparks since they're nature spirits
Two Literally every dryad in the game thusfar is female. I've never even HEARD of a male dryad
So mary sue/10
>>
>>46850463
Cromat. And literally, that's all Cromat ever does. Goof off and befriend wildlife.
>>
>>46850474
Do you even know what Mary Sue means?
>>
>>46850474

You've never heard of Guyads, anon?
>>
>>46850336
How is this guy domain? His bff, sure. But him? I don't get it.
>>
>>46850496
Yes, and while I may be erroneous in the usage here, the things I pointed out are MAJOR red flags. And I didn't even bother looking into the actual lore other than looking for a pronoun
>>46850497
Never
>>
>>46850497
lol

And Dryads don't have genders. They just assume a form they like.
>>
>>46844033
>inb4 New Phyrexia turns the Mirari into Neo-Memnarch and he rips the spark out of this Myr
>>
>>46850524
>>46850474
You forgot to mention that nothing in his bio indicates why he is domain. If anything, he's green.
>>
>>46850471
Working on it, Anon.
>>
>>46850558
I WANNA KNOW.

CAN YOU SHOW ME?

I WANNA KNOW ABOUT THESE STRANGERS LIKE ME.
>>
File: Remes.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Remes.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
It's been a handful of threads. I guess I'll re-post my bios. and cards.
>>
>>46850584
No because I want to do it all at once.
>>
File: Remes, Dimir Artificer.png (256 KB, 375x524) Image search: [Google]
Remes, Dimir Artificer.png
256 KB, 375x524
>>46850598
>>
File: Cala.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Cala.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
>>46850598
And this one.
>>
>>46850523
I only get a limited space to give an idea of what the character's personality is like. But, he is a fun loving, adventure having, no responsibility kind of person. He uses all the colors of mana to protect the wildlife and to goof off with. He does what he can to prevent conflicts between creatures and between mages. To him, life is about living it to the fullest and gaining the best experiences possible. Not fighting and hurting others.
>>
File: Cala, Mischief Seeker.png (273 KB, 375x524) Image search: [Google]
Cala, Mischief Seeker.png
273 KB, 375x524
>>46850637
And her card.
>>
>>46850524
Sparks live within the soul of a being. Dryads are literally the souls of trees taking humanoid forms.
>>
>>46850538
And what in the bios leads you to believe he's mono green? Because he's a Dryad?
>>
>>46850647
>I only get a limited space to give an idea of what the character's personality is like
So use smaller font.

And none of that post explains why he is domain. It just gives his personality.

>He uses all the colors of mana to protect the wildlife and to goof off with
How? What makes him blue? What makes him red? How about black? Or white?

You can't just say "he can do it all" and expect it to be a solid explanation.
>>
>>46850686
Pretty much. That and there's nothing else in his bio indicating he'd be any of the other colors.
>>
>>46850462
The fact that you had to make him a domain walker.
>>
So... I'm interested in getting involved in this, but, there's a *lot* of reading to catch up on. Is there any kind of FAQ or quick-and-dirty explanation of need-to-knows, here?
>>
>>46850805
Getting in on the snowstorm in general or on the flake stories?
>>
>>46850805
you can make a snowflake without knowing anything about the crap we're doing, flakes have been around since long before these ones. the writefagging is new though, i think. just use the template and make a flake, easy as that.
>>
>>46850805
Involved how? Making a flake is relatively easy, you just need to edit your character onto a template like >>46835977 this one, for example. Then you post it and everyone discusses it.

The thread appreciates attempts to make flakes that are unique by some part of its identity, usually disliking overflooding of certain colors. But you do what you want.

There was a count pretty early on in the thread here too, which is here >>46835552

If you're asking about joining in on the story, then I have no idea. I've been missing for a couple of days.

Sometimes, we also just randomly roll two dice and discuss what we think would happen if those two flakes every had to versus.
>>
>>46850699
Geez you bitch a lot for no damn reason.

How does he protect wildlife with mana? It's called spells. He casts them.

What makes him white? The fact that he is loyal and would never abandon his comrads and that he desires peace and protection above all else.

What makes him blue? The fact that he typically used control tactics to achieve these goals. Countering what ever he needs. Controlling his enemies to attack with only one critter at a time. And controlling the field with pairing any single attacked that gets through with a creature that prevents all damage felt to it. Effectively negating most attacks.

How is he black? He's not as much as a head on kind of person as he is more of a pull the strings from behind the scenes. And always trying to achieve this cheaply without ever paying their full costs and finding other means to do so.

How is he red? Adventure is his life. He lives for the thrill of adventure in his life and doesn't think ahead of himself before taking action.

How is he green? He ramps as much as possible and loves to explore new areas. And evidently akin to nature.
>>
>>46850830
Both, I suppose.

>>46850840
Eh, okay, that much I can manage.

Thanks.
>>
>>46835977
>PDF
Alright, I'll bite: what do I open this with?
>>
>>46850851
>The fact that he is loyal
Chandra is loyal and she's red.

>The fact that he typically used control tactics to achieve these goals.
That is more acceptable

Now. Tell me how he got these colors?
>>
File: MtG Custom Walker Template.png (138 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
MtG Custom Walker Template.png
138 KB, 1562x1186
>>46850883
If you prefer, I also have this.
>>
>>46850856
>Both, I suppose.
Well, there's a couple of stories right now. But the most developed one can be summed up as
>Colorless walker William is obsessed with time and truth and the true nature of mana. He believes that colorless mana transcends all else.
>He has gone mad with time. He is amoral and wants to experiment to uncover the "Great Truth".
>He finds Gaia's plane and tries to crack it open.
>If Gaia's plain (which is cut off from the multiverse) opens up, it will collapse because of the Mending
>Queue conflict
It seems that other walkers are picking sides slowly. I'd have to read over some stuff to give you more details. I'd wait for Gaia's and Will's makers to be online for that story. They'd know more.
>>
>>46850966
So Gaia is... A pre-mending planeswalker? Just trying to get clear in my hand why being opened up to the effects of the mending would kill the plane/Gaia.
>>
>>46850966
Will Anon here. Pretty spot on, Will's pretty fucking crazy with occasional moments of lucid. I don't know if it's insanity like he's just bonkers, or he's on some fucking high tier level of morality from being so god damn old and messing with the structure of the universe. He's not right, he's not immoral, he's just there. And sometimes he recruits students to help his experiments. He's a cunt but you can beat him pretty easily if you figure out what the fuck he's doing between the disjointed time travel. his acolytes are probably competent and powerful if not for time fuckery.
>>
File: Gaia, the World Core.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Gaia, the World Core.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
>>46851103
Yes, she is pre-mending. I found and saved her sheet.

I also found some posts talking about the concept. It sounds like anon had the theory that the only 5-color walkers should be worldbuilders. Either that or another anon made that comment. Anyway, I'm reading through old threads to compile a list of shit.
>>
>>46851103
Pre mending makes her stupid OP, like godhood would be a step down. She's separated herself/her plane from the universe, which keeps them from getting downgraded by the mending. If she gets hit by the mending, the plane will collapse because she's no longer stupid OP. She can't do shit about this because she's also as a world core. William is a giant time travelling troll, and doesn't care because he wants to finish magic.
>>
>>46851157
It takes 5 colors to make a world stable and self sustaining basically, but old walker powers to make it real. Will's an ass and wants to find out what a plane without colorless mana is like, and what would happen if you added it.
>>
>>46850805
There's also the epic bromance between Tien Sheng and Diomedes, who need opponents/rivals/more friends for a more grounded story.
>>
>>46851182
>>46851157

Not trying to contradict, but how does Alara mesh in with this thinking? Is the logic that events like the conflux are inevitable without all colours of mana present?
>>
>>46851249
Basically. Natural worlds require all 5 types, and naturally begin with it. If they get sundered or lose them, the conflux either happens or they destroy themselves through imbalance. Artificial planes are basically doomed post mending because of their nature.
>>
>>46851249
Basically this. >>46851286

And from what I've been reading the last few threads, it sounds like Gaia simulates a natural plane by using herself as a mana source. Which effectively put her in a massive fucking coma that she will never come out of, and at any given time 99% of her power is being spent to maintain the plane. That 1% sounds like a bitch, tho.
>>
>>46850856
And now I'm torn between a bant flake and a mono-red flake. Life is hard.
>>
Letting out my inner /ccg/

>>46850613
That plus ability is too much. Is more like a minus ability, or at least a plus on a much more expensive walker.

The zero is much too narrow. This spot is where the plus-turned-minus could be.

The ultimate is incredibly boring. Wow, mill on a UB card, who woulda thought? It's so disconnected from the rest of the card and isn't even going to be good. It's not just boring but weak.

You basically have Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, but worse.

>>46850648
Again, this plus is fucking nuts. Look at the kinds of tokens other three mana planeswalkers get to make with their plus abilities, if any. This is not the kind of plus you see on a three mana walker. Even as a minus ability it seems way too good for a three mana one.

Meanwhile, this minus is kinda narrow and bad when it's sorcery speed. I'm starting to sense a theme here with how you make walker cards. The plus is busted and then the middle ability is an afterthought that's never worth using over the over powered plus ability.

This ultimate is way too much for a three mana walker, but at least it's a neat design. So I like the effect, but the numbers aren't balanced.
>>
>>46850851

Those blue and black reasonings are so game-y. This guy sucks.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.