[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout PnP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 12
File: Fallout_PnP.jpg (1 MB, 2550x3176) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_PnP.jpg
1 MB, 2550x3176
Looking for recommendations on a system to use. Yeah, I know there was Josh Sawyer's PnP that was a pretty direct port of the computer game rules, but it's too clunky for me to bother running it on a tabletop. Apocalypse World has been mentioned, but as far as I can tell one of the primary benefits of that is not having to generate fluff, but we'd be playing in a setting we're all already familiar with, plus I think I'd like something a bit crunchier. That being said, I'd also like something relatively easy to learn. We all have past experience with D&D 3.5-5e, but I'm not sure I'd want to play a straight conversion of it like Exodus apparently is.
>>
>>43571746

GURPS was the original basis for Fallout, and really models a grim setting where it's easy to die, a la FO1&2. Basically just use the core book, forbid PCs from having any supernatural abilities, and give them about 125-150 points to build their characters.

Savage Worlds is a better fit for the BethFallouts, what with the focus on being able to pull off crazy shit and the less lethal gameplay. Still wouldn't allow Arcane Backgrounds, though.

Both games have enough mix of gunplay abilities, out-of-combat rules, and fanmade Fallout supplements that you could run it in either system. The only question is where you want to fall on the scale of gritty vs. heroic.
>>
Somewhere in the middle, I think. My players enjoy both, but tend toward preferring 1, 2, and New Vegas (myself included.) This is going to be somewhat wacky as I'm trying to match the tone of 2, my favorite of the franchise. I think I might go with Savage Worlds then, though it looks like both systems have extensive Fallout support
>>
Why does this question get asked everyday?
>>
>>43571796

One advantage SW has over GURPS is that it handles combats with lots of NPCs pretty well, which makes it easier to implement companions.

Also, check out Atomic Highway. It's kind of half-way between the 3D fallouts and Mad Max (mutants, but no robots and rayguns and a pretty good vehicle system) and it's got the best post-apocalyptic loot tables I've ever seen.
>>
I'll be dealing with four to five players, so I don't think companions are going to become an issue. I've always wanted vehicles in Fallout, and felt like their exclusion was more engine limitation than design choice.Thanks for the suggestions.
>>
>>43572769
There's a proper mass combat system in GURPS, you know. You don't have to roll for every one of those sixty niggers.
>>
>>43571746
Savage Worlds is your best bet. It even can do perks and traits without having to cram them in a weird way.
>>
>>43572678
Fallout 4 is coming out.
>>
>>43572895
It already did, and it's as meh as 3.
>>
File: 1365816480805.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1365816480805.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43571746
>>43572893
Forgot my file. I'd love to know where this pdf comes from since it obviously is fan made, but it looks to be a pretty good starter.
>>
>>43572900
I think its kinda worse actually
>>
>>43573129
Haven't played it since shit-tier computer, but judging on what I've seen the map is fucking small.
>>
>>43575735
Can confirm. It seems that they put a lot of work into the crafting and the settlement, but not enough into world content.
Also you supposedly emerge 200 years after the war, but the environs don't reflect that at all. I've seen buildings abandoned for five years that looked worse than some F4 pieces.
>>
>>43571746
I was in 3 campaigns using the converted video game rules. They aren't perfect and take a small amount of tweaking but they FEEL like fallout to their very bones.
You don't have to use it but i can guarantee there's no substitute for making fallout pnp
>>
www.fallout
(dot)
ru/projects
(slash)
pnp/fallout_pnp_2.0.pdf

Despite the belief that the above is spam to the captcha, it is awesome
>>
>>43576725
>Also you supposedly emerge 200 years after the war, but the environs don't reflect that at all. I've seen buildings abandoned for five years that looked worse than some F4 pieces.

fallout 3 has called, it wants its hate posts again
>>
man imagine making a pnp based off of FO4

>you only have SPECIAL and Perks for stats
>power armor is like lvl 2 loot
>your weapons n gear have no durability quality
>you vomit out a village in 2 minutes
>>
>>43573129

My biggest issue is damn muscle memory from 3/New Vegas. Keeps fucking me.

Don't worry, in 2-3 years Obsidian will release Boneyard and everything will be right with the world.
>>
>>43579420
He's also a that guy gm ass well.
>kills you wife in front of you
>that sweek power armor? Here's a monster that will fuck that shit up.
>a enemy in the next town over has a weapon that instantly kills you.
still enjoy it, though.
>>
try this?
>>
File: fallout warfare.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
fallout warfare.pdf
1 B, 486x500
for shooty.
>>
File: fallout2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
fallout2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
and finally this..
>>
File: GURPS Fallout.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
GURPS Fallout.pdf
1 B, 486x500
and this if it fits...
>>
File: Savage Fallout v2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Savage Fallout v2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
oh wait, I found another...
>>
okay I lied.
Also sorry for any overlap.
>>
>>43584155
>>
File: Savaged Fallout Area 5.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Savaged Fallout Area 5.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43584175
now I'm pretty sure the next one is the last thing I have.
Maybe
>>
File: Savaged Fallout Landfill.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Savaged Fallout Landfill.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43584185
>>
File: savage worlds xcom.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
savage worlds xcom.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43584206
okay I also have a copy of the "fallout bible" but it's 58 megs.
so take a savage x-com in compensation.
>>
>>43576725
So your saying that a game about nuclear powered everything, giant mutant animals and monstrosities, and laser weapons is unrealistic?
>>
>>43584352
In those instances the setting provides an in universe explanation for them.

On topic, I'm currently hacking up the dark heresy rules for my fallout campaign. Merged and hacked out some of the DH skills with the classic fallout skill. Mostly using Fallout 1 and 2 perks, with a few things changed to work with DH. Most of the DH weapons can stay, bolt weapons are the only ones that don't work. Corruption switched with mutation. Stuff like that.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.