[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyperdimension Dwarf Fortress Quest 54
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 53
>Archive links:
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/Hyperdimension%20Dwarf%20Fortress%20Quest/type/op/order/asc/
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Hyperdimension%20Dwarf%20Fortress%20Quest
Twitter: http://twitter.com/BlorpQuest

You are Urist Twelfthbay, the moe personification of Dwarf Fortress and a short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry. "Dwarf" does not play well with "moe personification," so you're just an especially short girl without a proper beard.

Lately, that hasn't bugged you as much as it used to, because getting shunted outside the known universe AND sealed into your fortress by an entire ocean's worth of water has a way of putting things in perspective. Hell, your recent close call with alcohol deprivation is just the cherry on top.

Right now, you're just happy to be alive and dealing with relatively mundane stuff. Like dealing with an alleged monster inside the closet and under the bed.

Doomgirl circles you warily, bloodshot eyes twitching suspiciously. "The hell did you just do?" she growls, her hand straying dangerously close to her weapon.

... deconstructing furniture, dumbass. What's it look like?

"I don't know! Quantum stuff!" The marine paces back and forth, her eyes not once leaving the rock bed and cabinet. "Look, I know quantum stuff when I see it, and that's what it is! Quantum!"

(Cont.)
>>
File: Urist.png (1 MB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
Urist.png
1 MB, 1800x1800
>>43568654
You look down at the furniture you've got sitting on the floor. The bed's already done, stonewoven blankets and sheets frozen solid. Meanwhile, the cabinet's almost deconstructed, well on its way to becoming a size and weight that lets it be easily carried by one dwarf. The storage space inside has collapsed into a singularity, ensuring that no one will accidentally put their belongings inside before it's to be moved.

You look back up at Doomgirl. Nope, not seeing it. Anyway, you're finished now. That invisible creature still here?

The marine twitches her head to one side, and then the other, looking like a particularly demented pigeon. After a moment, she shakes her head. "Yeah. It's gone from this room now. Fucking groovy. I'm not gonna ask why, so I'm hitting the hay now. Arrivederci, dwarf."

... wait, that's all she was in here for? If you hadn't swung by, was she really planning on just SITTING here the whole night, watching over this supposed monster!?

Doomgirl looks at you blankly. "Well, /duh/. Woulda started blowing shit up otherwise, and we're underwater. Got anymore bright questions?"

[ ] [LAST MEMORY] What's the last thing she remembers before getting warped into the hyperdimension? More to the point, what kinda stuff has she gotten involved in?
[ ] [ABILITIES] You've seen Doomgirl whip out guns, but that's all you know. What else can this adventurer do? What was all that talk about teleporting?
[ ] [OPINION] What's Doomgirl think about all this void-between-dimensions stuff and Arfoire? How about the Sharicite lode you've got in your fort?
[ ] [SLEEP] Yeah, let her go so you can take your long-overdue rest. Seriously, you've been up and awake for how many threads now?
[ ] [WRITE-IN]
>>
>>43568673
>[ ] [STOCKPILE] Show Doomgirl a quantum stockpile
>>
>>43568673
>[ ] [LAST MEMORY] What's the last thing she remembers before getting warped into the hyperdimension? More to the point, what kinda stuff has she gotten involved in?
Just outta curiosity I guess.

Nice to you Boss
>>
>>43568673
>[x] [ABILITIES] You've seen Doomgirl whip out guns, but that's all you know. What else can this adventurer do? What was all that talk about teleporting?
>>
>>43568673
>[ ] [ABILITIES] You've seen Doomgirl whip out guns, but that's all you know. What else can this adventurer do? What was all that talk about teleporting?
>>
>>43568673
Well, didn't this come in on short notice
>>
>>43568673
>[ ] [LAST MEMORY] What's the last thing she remembers before getting warped into the hyperdimension? More to the point, what kinda stuff has she gotten involved in?
>>
>>43568673
>[X] [SLEEP] Yeah, let her go so you can take your long-overdue rest. Seriously, you've been up and awake for how many threads now?
Wait, where's Mojang?
>>
>>43568673
>>[x] [ABILITIES] You've seen Doomgirl whip out guns, but that's all you know. What else can this adventurer do? What was all that talk about teleporting?

Don't forget about the purple monster thing that ran Urist off. Unless it's now stuck inside the cabinet's singularity, in which case it can pretty much stay there. Until later, when we throw the cabinet at something and weaponize the lil' bugger.
>>
>[X] [ABILITIES] You've seen Doomgirl whip out guns, but that's all you know. What else can this adventurer do? What was all that talk about teleporting?
>>
All of the above, sleep last.
>>
>>43568673
>>
>>43569024
Sleep first and show off Urist's sleeptalking skills
>>
I love ties.
>>
>tfw nobody wants to show Doomgirl what a quantum stockpile looks like
>>
File: doom.jpg (160 KB, 1008x1236) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
160 KB, 1008x1236
>>43568673
>[X] [ABILITIES]
>[X] [LAST MEMORY]

Yeah, you do. She's got some abilities other than guns, right?

Doomgirl puffs out her chest, smirking from ear to ear. "Hell yeah I do. I can run at 57 mph, and gravity's afraid to touch me. I'm bad, man. Superbad."

... right. Sure she is. And what was all that shit about her teleporter?

Doomgirl shoots you another blank look, and you sigh. She knows what you're talking about. Right when that void shark was going after you, SHE was the one yelling about getting to the damn thing.

"Oh. Yeah, I did." She scratches her head for a moment, fingernails rasping against that shattered helmet of hers. "Look, I say weird things all the time, okay? All three of us wouldn't fit at once."

What, in her teleporter? Well, if she set that thing up and had you all file in one at a time-

"No, I mean we wouldn't fit in the destination."

What's she mean by that? Where's it set to spit us out?

"A toaster," Doomgirl replies instantly. "Or maybe an ATM, or one of those copier machines with the little touchscreen pads."

It's your turn to give her a blank look. Well, there's her fucking problem, then.

"Hey, I ain't reprogramming the damn thing!" Doomgirl fires back, maybe a little defensively. "It still lets me telefrag shit, and that's all that counts in the end."

Right. So what's the last thing you remember before coming here, anyway?

Doomgirl frowns, and you get the sense that her brain cells are trekking across a vast wasteland in a futile attempt to come into contact with each other. "Well, I WAS in a toaster."

... no, you meant, you know. In Gamindustri.

(Cont.)
>>
>>43569155
Perhaps you're right, showing off our sleep deprivation could be amusing.
>>
File: 1419269010299.jpg (31 KB, 446x435) Image search: [Google]
1419269010299.jpg
31 KB, 446x435
>>43569325
"What, that old place? Haven't been there in years," she says breezily. "Is Blanc still a stickler about shit like overwhelming amounts of blood and firepower?"

You only manage a weak "probably?", because seriously. /Years/? That shit's possible??

"Huh. Well, then it hasn't been THAT long. Whatever. Bed now," Doomgirl rasps, turning on her heel and leaving your room before you can say anything else.

Suddenly, you're painfully aware of how exhausted you are, and how little you care about shit you can just as easily deal with in the morning. It takes you a few minutes to set up the bed again, though you leave the cabinet deconstructed. Suppressing a yawn, you check Therapist again- it's useful enough that you've started getting in the habit of flipping through it every now and then.

Ignoring the actual beds you set up, Doomgirl's plopped herself down in the hallway leading to the first cavern level and is somehow already asleep. Seriously, you won't ever understand that girl.

Mojang's apparently set her bed up in... the stockpile room close to the entrance. She's basically huddled up right in front of the Sharicite lode. Hasn't fallen asleep yet, by the look of things, but you're not sure disturbing her's the best idea. Little sis's bound to be tuckered out.

[ ] [ZZZZZ] Sleep beckons. Nothing fancy, because you just want it to be the next day already.
[ ] [DF ARENA] Change into your nightgown and access your little dream realm slash practice arena.
[ ] [DREAM ABOUT STUFF] Lie down and focus on dreaming about Gamindustri. Maybe you'll have another portentous plot-related dream that clues you in on what's going on back home.
[ ] [MOJANG] Put off sleep for just a little while longer. Go talk to your surrogate little sister.
[ ] [WRITE-IN]
>>
>>43569347
[ ] [ZZZZZ] Sleep beckons. Nothing fancy, because you just want it to be the next day already.
>>
>>43569347
[ ] [DF ARENA] Change into your nightgown and access your little dream realm slash practice arena.
>>
>>43569347
>[ ] [DREAM ABOUT STUFF] Lie down and focus on dreaming about Gamindustri. Maybe you'll have another portentous plot-related dream that clues you in on what's going on back home.
Is everyone daijobu?
>>
>>43569347
>[ ] [DREAM ABOUT STUFF] Lie down and focus on dreaming about Gamindustri. Maybe you'll have another portentous plot-related dream that clues you in on what's going on back home.
>>
>>43569347
>[X] [DREAM ABOUT STUFF] Lie down and focus on dreaming about Gamindustri. Maybe you'll have another portentous plot-related dream that clues you in on what's going on back home.
Stuff. . . AND things.
>>
>>43569347
>[x] [DREAM ABOUT STUFF] Lie down and focus on dreaming about Gamindustri. Maybe you'll have another portentous plot-related dream that clues you in on what's going on back home.
Let's see if we can get some convenient plot-related dream premonition thingie going.
>>
>>43569347
>huddled up right in front of the Sharicite lode
wat

>[ ] [MOJANG] Put off sleep for just a little while longer. Go talk to your surrogate little sister.
>>
File: image.png (215 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
image.png
215 KB, 1000x700
>>43569347
Or dream of being a kickass fighting robot like Rokko. Either is fine.
>>
>>43569347
>[ ] [MOJANG] Put off sleep for just a little while longer. Go talk to your surrogate little sister.
Then end up sleeping beside her. Awkward wake up
>>
>>43569347
>>
>>43569347
Then
>>
>>43569347
Can we dream about Ogres?
>>
File: there is no god.png (93 KB, 395x461) Image search: [Google]
there is no god.png
93 KB, 395x461
>>43569347
>[X] [DREAM ABOUT STUFF]

In your sleep-deprived state of mind, this plan makes perfect goddamned sense.

Making sure your door is closed and locked, you shrug off your armor and undo your braids, hair fluffing out into the untamed shapeless mass you know and fear. That done, you hop right into bed and pull the sheets up to your nose, snuggling until you're nice and comfortable.

And then it's time to rack your brains. Maybe if you focus real, real hard on everyone back home, you'll pick up the latest news and stuff, like that time Histoire (or in light of recent revelations, "Histoire") chose to talk to you.

So you think about big sis Estelle (and are disturbed by how easily that prefix comes to you). The peppy Dragon Warrior really seems to care about you, even beyond that whole "little sister collecting" thing, and she's saved your ass more times than you can count. You also think about Rokko; rock-solid and dependable in her broken blue armor, she's always come through for you, and she really deserves better than the hand she's been dealt.

Between the two of them and the goddesses, you think Gamindustri's in pretty good hands. That's the last thing that crosses your mind before the sandman takes you, and you slip into blissful unconsciousness.

Blissful unconsciousness doesn't last nearly long enough.

(Cont.)
>>
File: nepnep.png (139 KB, 251x220) Image search: [Google]
nepnep.png
139 KB, 251x220
>>43569902
"Uuuuuriiiiist..."

Oh. Oh Armok, no. Not this voice. Anything but this voice.

"OoooooOoooOooooOOoooouriiiiiiist!"

Why? What the hell have you done to deserve this shit? What horrible sins would merit this kind of cruel karmic punishment?

"Uuuuurist, it is Iiiiii! The ghost of Christmas paaaaaaast!"

GO AWAY, NEPTUNE.

"Uriiiiist," the purple-haired hoodie-wearing goddess whines, bouncing on her heels. "C'mooon, this is supposed to be an awesome plot twist! It's a character you haven't seen in ages! I'm, like, the adorable underdog digging out forgotten plot clues from the trash!"

You glare at the patron goddess of Planeptune. Alright, fine, so what juicy plot clues does she HAVE for you?

"I'unno!"

Oh god you want to strangle her so badly.

Neptune scrunches up her face. "I think it works like... you ask me questions, and I give you cryptic answers! Okay? That's fine, right? C'mon, I'm so bored right now! Being a damsel in distress sucks!!"

In your own dream, no one can hear you sigh and pinch the bridge of your nose. Armok give you strength.

[ ] [FOR WHAT REASON] No, seriously, how is this even happening right now? Why is it happening to /you/?
[ ] [GAMINDUSTRI STATUS] How's the universe faring in Arfoire's absence? How's it faring without a huge chunk of its adventurers?
[ ] [FORGOTTEN PLOT] Okay, so what's this stuff you're forgetting about, anyway? C'mon, she's gotta throw you a bone here.
[ ] [NEPTUNE] What's this about being a damsel in distress? Isn't she a goddess? How does that even work?
[ ] [MOJANG] Forget this. Wake yourself up and go check on Mojang. You'll try this portentous dreaming shit later.
[ ] [NOPE] ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
[ ] [WRITE-IN]
>>
>>43569925
>[ ] [NEPTUNE] What's this about being a damsel in distress? Isn't she a goddess? How does that even work?
Fweh?

So everyone isn't daijobu
>>
>>43569925
>[X] [FOR WHAT REASON] No, seriously, how is this even happening right now? Why is it happening to /you/?
>>
>>43569925
>[ ] [NOPE] ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

NO INDULGING THE NEP ALLOWED
>>
>>43569925
>[X] [NEPTUNE] What's this about being a damsel in distress? Isn't she a goddess? How does that even work?
>>
>>43569925
>[X] [NOPE] ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Just nope right back to the Land of Nod. Because we don't have near enough booze for this level of shit.
>>
>>43569925
>[ ] [NEPTUNE] What's this about being a damsel in distress? Isn't she a goddess? How does that even work?
>[ ] [GAMINDUSTRI STATUS] How's the universe faring in Arfoire's absence? How's it faring without a huge chunk of its adventurers?
>>
>>43569925
>>
>[X] [WRITE-IN] discuss [FORGOTTEN PLOT] over BOOZE PUDDING
>>
>>43569925
>[ ] [GAMINDUSTRI STATUS] How's the universe faring in Arfoire's absence? How's it faring without a huge chunk of its adventurers?
>[ ] [FORGOTTEN PLOT] Okay, so what's this stuff you're forgetting about, anyway? C'mon, she's gotta throw you a bone here.
If you're gonna talk then talk
>>
>>43569925
>[ ] [MAIN CHARACTER] Is this about that main character stuff? If you want it, just take it.
>>
>>43569925
>[x] [FORGOTTEN PLOT] Okay, so what's this stuff you're forgetting about, anyway? C'mon, she's gotta throw you a bone here.
>>
>>43570078
Only if we can have the Swallowman as back-up.
I'm sure he could bring some respectability to a tea and pudding (both heavily spiked) party.
>>
File: iunno.gif (309 KB, 200x183) Image search: [Google]
iunno.gif
309 KB, 200x183
>>43569925
>>
>>43569925
>>
>>43569925
Just Nep my shit up.
>>
File: topnepu.jpg (122 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
topnepu.jpg
122 KB, 960x544
>>43569925
>>[ ] [NEPTUNE] What's this about being a damsel in distress? Isn't she a goddess? How does that even work?
>>[ ] [GAMINDUSTRI STATUS] How's the universe faring in Arfoire's absence? How's it faring without a huge chunk of its adventurers?

She's back!
>>
>>43568654
>rock bed

Wait, what? Weren't all the beds wooden?
>>
>>43570226
They're made of Petrified Wood, duh.
>>
File: ricchanwat.png (159 KB, 859x352) Image search: [Google]
ricchanwat.png
159 KB, 859x352
>>43570226
... fuck

D-Don't get the wrong idea! It's not like I played Masterwork Dwarf Fortress or anything!
>>
>>43570300
Is it just not an artifact bed?
>>
>>43570311
Trust me, you'd KNOW if Urist made an artifact!
>>
>>43570325
Can we use the sharicite to make an artifact? And maybe decorate it with the stones Historie was talking through?
>>
File: 1444439804687.jpg (62 KB, 251x560) Image search: [Google]
1444439804687.jpg
62 KB, 251x560
>>43570335
[screams internally]
>>
>>43570354
Maybe decorate the artifact with spikes made of Neptune's pudding.
>>
>>43570354
At the very least it would be hilarious.
>>
>>43570354
Blorp, can we use the Sharicite to make a planepacked artifact?
>>
>>43570354
BEST DWARF
>>
>>43570300
>Urist made an artifact bed and didn't even realize
>>
File: ITBEGINS.jpg (17 KB, 221x261) Image search: [Google]
ITBEGINS.jpg
17 KB, 221x261
>>43570354
>she makes an artifact sharicite barrel
>whenever she drinks from it histoire nags her relentlessly, causing her to drink more
>causes the drink contained within to develop mutagenic properties

ARMOK WILLS IT
>>
I want to see Mojang's happy face covered in Mysterious White Liquidâ„¢
I am a bad person.
>>
>>43569325
Fuckin' doomports, man
>>
File: 1430220655786.jpg (41 KB, 340x460) Image search: [Google]
1430220655786.jpg
41 KB, 340x460
>>43570588
>>
File: Nep.png (172 KB, 556x303) Image search: [Google]
Nep.png
172 KB, 556x303
>>43570588
I want to see Urist pissed after being splashed with Mysterious White Liquid.
>>
File: 1414976463897.gif (96 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1414976463897.gif
96 KB, 480x270
>>43570629
Yissss.
>>
File: Neptune, the Neptune Begins.jpg (59 KB, 638x731) Image search: [Google]
Neptune, the Neptune Begins.jpg
59 KB, 638x731
>>43569925
>[X] [GAMINDUSTRI STATUS]
>[X] [FORGOTTEN PLOT]
>[X] [NEPTUNE]

Jeez. You really have no one to blame but yourself, huh? Did you really think getting portentous plot details would be so easy without being painless?

Well, if you're gonna suffer through Neptune's presence, you might as well get this party started. Neptune!

"That's me!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnZhcxH3Y6Q

No, you KNOW that's her name, just... what the fuck is that song? How're you supposed to concentrate with- you know what? Forget it. How's Gamindustri doing?

"Hmm..." Neptune taps a finger to her chin. "Well, it's doing okay!"

What.

"I mean, it's not like I follow the news, anyway!" she continues cheerfully, either ignoring or not noticing your futile attempts to glare her to death. "That's more Iffy's shtick, you know? All I do is read the funny papers and ow, my shins! I need my shins!!"

Then she'd better give you a straight fucking answer! Look, it's bad enough that you're stuck here like this, but you DON'T want Neptune to get to the important details just as you wake up! Got it?

"I got it! I got it!" Neptune squeezes her eyes shut. "You're being really mean right now! I'm a goddess, you know!"

Yeah, yeah, you know. Now c'mon, how's Gamindustri doing?

"It's doing okay!"

GODDAMMIT, NEPTUNE-

"N-No! Really!" she squeaks, dodging away from your kicks with impressive speed. "Um, um, Vert's reclaimed her Basilicom and all, and she's licking her wounds! And Blanc's not dead! She's talking things over in Leanbox and saying their big fight was all a big ruse or something!!"

... huh. Well, okay, that's... probably as much as you'll get out of Neptune regarding current events. Whatever. What's this about forgotten plot points?

"Oh! Right!" Neptune clenches her hands into FISTS OF DETERMINATION and hops in place. "This is my chance to shine! Shine and bounce like the majestic kangaroo! So! Urist! Remember that stuff about the suspicious treasure cube sellers??"

(Cont.)
>>
File: Hyperdimension Neptunia Quest.png (350 KB, 634x334) Image search: [Google]
Hyperdimension Neptunia Quest.png
350 KB, 634x334
>>43570666
Oh. Yeah. Those guys who came under attack by Arfoire's "goons," right?

Neptune grins. "And we teamed up and beat back those two stupid MOBA girls, even though the store owner was acting like someone was gonna tell him 'why don't you have a seat'!"

Yeah. Good times. Shit, you'd almost forgotten about that- Neptune isn't a bad fighter, she's just... just a bad everything else, honestly. Anyway, what of it?

"That's it!"

... what.

"I just wanted you to remember them, that's all! That was also my chance to shine," she nods sagely. "Shine like the majestic-"

Fucking /what/. That's it? Nothing else?

"Nope! I mean, I'unno. No one's really talked about them lately, so maybe that's something to think about, right?"

You close your eyes and count backwards from ten. Right. Okay. Whatever. One more question- how'd Neptune get into trouble?

"I'unno! It's a mystery. I couldn't figure it out at all!"

You start counting FORWARD to ten, but mercifully, she continues.

"I mean, I was just walking along, minding my own business, and then- BAM!" Neptune makes a circle with her thumb and finger, and then proceeds to jam a finger through that circle. Repeatedly. "Some crazy jerk stuck a needle in me, screaming 'FOR ARFOIRE', and she was also screaming a lot of other things like she was arguing with herself! And just like that, it glitched me the heck out! Other than that, there aren't any clues at all!"

... yeah. A complete fucking mystery. How about that?

"Okay! That helped out a lot, right?" Neptune strikes a victory pose- ass out, head up, and her fingers in a 'v' shape over her eye. "The true main character selflessly strikes again, helping out the adorable little upstart! Hey, do you think I could sneak into Noire's head at night?"

Mercifully, you feel the dream start to break up as you're gradually pulled back into the waking world. Fucking hell, you don't feel rested at ALL, you're absolutely exhausted after dealing with Nept-

(Cont.)
>>
File: ROLL 'EM 2.jpg (112 KB, 450x498) Image search: [Google]
ROLL 'EM 2.jpg
112 KB, 450x498
>>43570682
>Urist Twelfthbay struggles against the very fabric of reality!
ROLL d100! (dice+1d100 in the email field)
Taking the best of three!
DC: ???
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>43570704
I don't even know
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>43570704
>>
>>43570682
>Hey, do you think I could sneak into Noire's head at night?
Neptune I swear we are going to sneak your body into a shallow grave at this rate.
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>43570704
For Chaos!
>>
File: 1354854112431.jpg (30 KB, 151x183) Image search: [Google]
1354854112431.jpg
30 KB, 151x183
>>43570682
>nep gets robusted by SS13
>>
Note to self: next time Neptune appears in our dreams, dream up an eggplant.
>>
>>43570747
>>
>>43570682
>"Nope! I mean, I'unno. No one's really talked about them lately, so maybe that's something to think about, right?"
Nep I swear to god.

I honestly thought she was going to say something important.
>>
File: 1444455939448.jpg (37 KB, 294x310) Image search: [Google]
1444455939448.jpg
37 KB, 294x310
>>43570747
>>
>>43570731
HELP DORMS
>>
File: eggplants 1.jpg (114 KB, 678x960) Image search: [Google]
eggplants 1.jpg
114 KB, 678x960
>>43570809
>>
>>43570719
Well alright
>>
File: 353270_2015-11-05_00011.png (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
353270_2015-11-05_00011.png
1 MB, 1680x1050
>>43570588
>>
>artifact sharicite
Yes. Let us make an artifact...

Door.
>>
File: book fairy.jpg (209 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
book fairy.jpg
209 KB, 960x540
>>43570682
>>43570704
>>43570719
>DC: ???, roll 78
>.........................
>Pass......?

You... you don't know how to describe it. One moment, you're listening to Neptune prattle on in your mind. The next moment? Your dreamscape is caught in some sort of weird-ass pitch-black mental tempest. Colorful shapes burst all around you, lightning arcs in the background, and you're whirling around Neptune's spinning, wailing form.

... she's just screaming "IiiiiiiIIIIiiiiiII FEEeeeeEEEeeeL dddDDiiiIIIIIzzzzzZZZZzzzyYYYYYyy-" which pretty much ruins the dramatic apocalyptic effect. Thanks, Neptune.

Just before you're dashed headfirst into the Planeptune goddess (which wouldn't end well for either of you), you claw your way back into consciousness, absolutely fucking disoriented. You manage to fall out of bed, landing on your back heavily enough to knock you into the here and now.

Okay. Yeah. FUCK portentous dreams and advancing the plot. Next time, you're just... just going to have a good night's sleep, like a normal person.

You gradually become aware of a clear high voice ringing through your head. Moments later, you spot the two Gamindustri Key Fragments floating above the bed.

>Urist? Urist, it's me, Histoire; I've charged enough energy to return. Are you alright? I called out at you for the past three minutes, but you would not wake up-

(Cont.)
>>
File: the face for every occasion.png (168 KB, 350x385) Image search: [Google]
the face for every occasion.png
168 KB, 350x385
>>43571058
((Holy crackers! It's Histoire! Hi, Histoire! I thought you were over at Noire's place!))

A chill travels up your spine, and you break out into a cold sweat. No. No, this can't- this can't be happening.

((Huh. This isn't my room. This isn't even my bed! Why's everything smell so boozy, anyway?))

This can't be happening.

[ ] [HELP] Ask Histoire to please get Neptune out of your fucking head. Seriously. Please. You'll fork over your entire booze collection, just- /please/.
[ ] [IGNORE] It's just a figment of your imagination or a leftover symptom of having someone talk in your head in your dreams. Ask Histoire if she's got anything new for you today.
[ ] [WHY THIS] Seriously, how is this even happening? Neptune and/or Histoire owes you a damn good explanation for this.
[ ] [TRY NOT TO CRY] Cry a lot.
[ ] [WRITE-IN]
>>
File: IMG_4475.png (611 KB, 640x717) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4475.png
611 KB, 640x717
>>43571076
>[ ] [WHY THIS] Seriously, how is this even happening? Neptune and/or Histoire owes you a damn good explanation for this.
>>
>>43571076
>[ ] [WRITE-IN] Drink
>[ ] [IGNORE]
>>
>>43571076
>[X] [IGNORE] It's just a figment of your imagination or a leftover symptom of having someone talk in your head in your dreams. Ask Histoire if she's got anything new for you today.
>>
>>43571076
>[ ] [WHY THIS] Seriously, how is this even happening? Neptune and/or Histoire owes you a damn good explanation for this.
>[ ] [TRY NOT TO CRY] Cry a lot.
We have been forsaken.
>>
File: 1447069903804.gif (3 MB, 292x402) Image search: [Google]
1447069903804.gif
3 MB, 292x402
>>43571076
>[ ] [IGNORE] It's just a figment of your imagination or a leftover symptom of having someone talk in your head in your dreams. Ask Histoire if she's got anything new for you today.
>>
>>43571076
[ ] [HELP]
>>
>>43571076

When we get back, we are getting Neptune plastered, then loading her up with pixie sticks then dumping her off at Leanbox, let them both suffer.

When she wakes up, give her a few strong energy drinks and point her somewhere else.
>>
>>43571076
>[ ] [IGNORE] It's just a figment of your imagination or a leftover symptom of having someone talk in your head in your dreams. Ask Histoire if she's got anything new for you today.
Urist is unlove by the gods
>>
"Why hast thou forsaken me!?"
>FUN.
>>
>>43571076
>[HOPE] I don't care HOW annoying Neptune is, okay I do but this is ALMOST worth it can we use this mental link to make a portal back to Gamindustri!?
>>
>>43571076

Only one possible response.
>>
>>43571076
>[X] [WHY THIS] Seriously, how is this even happening? Neptune and/or Histoire owes you a damn good explanation for this.
>[X] [TRY NOT TO CRY] Cry a lot.
>>
>>43571076
>[] [DRINK] [See if you can get Neptune drunk enough for her to be quiet]
>>
>>43571076
>[ ] [IGNORE]
>[ ] [DRINK. ALOT.]
>>
File: nep ross.png (629 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
nep ross.png
629 KB, 1500x1000
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 588x766) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 588x766
>>43571076

Now that's she's in our head, we'll never be rid of her.

Fun!
>>
>>43571076
>[ ] [HELP] Ask Histoire to please get Neptune out of your fucking head. Seriously. Please. You'll fork over your entire booze collection, just- /please/.
>>
>>43571076
>[ ] [HELP] Ask Histoire to please get Neptune out of your fucking head. Seriously. Please. You'll fork over your entire booze collection, just- /please/.
>>
>>43571076
>>
>>43571174
Does your posting know no bounds?
>>
>>43571076

If we deny it hard enough, maybe it'll go away.
>>
>>43571076
I wonder if the ocean weather has let up, if not we can test out those ores and maybe make some new armor.
>>
>You feel like eating endless amount of pudding...
>>
>>43571403
>Urist has entered a Nepnep Trance!
>>
>>43571403
Oh Armok if she starts affecting us
>>
>>43571403
Urist could tweak her .ini a bit to make plants that grow pudding.
>>
File: frostmourne hungers.jpg (155 KB, 439x750) Image search: [Google]
frostmourne hungers.jpg
155 KB, 439x750
>>43571313
I guess not.
>>
>>43571465
Eggplant taste pudding. Let's see if that exorcises Neptune out.
>>
File: 1396708147658.gif (2 MB, 202x175) Image search: [Google]
1396708147658.gif
2 MB, 202x175
>>43571403
>>43571447
>>43571451
>The Wereneptune Monster Urist Twelfthbay has come!
>A large Nepnep twisted into humanoid form.
>It is crazed for booze and pudding.
>Its eyes glow blue. Its purple hair is scraggly and twisted into braids.
>Now you will know why you fear the Nep.
>>
>>43571527
Dear god.
>>
File: 1428357376346.png (155 KB, 300x288) Image search: [Google]
1428357376346.png
155 KB, 300x288
>>43571527
>>
File: 1438230127879.gif (237 KB, 750x502) Image search: [Google]
1438230127879.gif
237 KB, 750x502
>>43571527
>>
File: 1447033421735.png (1009 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
1447033421735.png
1009 KB, 1280x1440
>>43571527
>>
>>43571527
Truly we are forsaken.
>>
>>43571527
New outfit unlocked...?
>>
File: 1372736130883.png (999 KB, 1010x692) Image search: [Google]
1372736130883.png
999 KB, 1010x692
>>43571076
>[X] [IGNORE]
>[X] [TRY NOT TO CRY]

No. Nope. Nada. Ain't happening. This ain't happening. You're just- you're just going to ignore the Nepnep nepping up your brain. You're not even going to BOTHER dignifying this with a response, or acknowledging that this is happening. Even if you ask, you KNOW- you just fucking KNOW- that Neptune's only response will be "I'unno," and then you'll be forced to throw yourself underneath the nearest drawbridge.

>N... Neptune!? Why are you here, too?

At the very least, Histoire seems just as surprised as you are. Her floating key fragments swivel in place, as if searching the room for any signs of purple-haired idiocy.

>Come to think of it, where /are/ you?

((I dunno! I think I'm inside Urist!)) Neptune' s voi- THE IMAGINARY VOICE shifts in your head, like it's taking some sort of goddamned tour. ((Wow, this is an out-of-body experience inside someone else's body! Totally unreal!))

You interrupt them. Anyway, yeah, welcome back to the world of the living and all that jazz. Any new information for you?

>Huh? Oh! Well, yes, actually.

Histoire's prim and proper voice actually seems to clear a non-existent throat.

>First, I'm sorry I couldn't warn you about the... oceanic weather. I'll keep an eye out for that- I've set it up warning pulses, which will activate even when I'm inactive.

Great! That's-

((Whoa! Ocean weather? What's that? Is that swimsuit weather? Aaah, we could totally have a beach party! I'll get the- oh, right, I can't!))

... that's... that's great. Um. Okay. Thanks, Histoire. A-Anyway... anything else you should know?

>Well, I've discovered that the hyperdimension actually has layers-

((Like an onion?))

You twitch a little.

>Hmm... you could say that, Neptune. It's more like Rubik's cube, with different layers rotating or orbiting at different speeds. So the floating islands you found yesterday might not be there today, and any adventurers you sensed will likely have moved on by now.

(Cont.)
>>
>>43571737
Huh. You think back to the Forgotten Creeper's floating island, and thank your lucky stars that you snagged that Sharicite lode when you did. On the OTHER hand, those adventurers you didn't go help...

Well, here's hoping they can take care of themselves.

>Yes, well. If your discovery is any indication, then they might very well find Sharicite deposits of their own to congregate around.

((Wait, Sharicite? And we're in the hyperdimension? Wow, Urist, you don't do things halfway, huh? And now that you've got a goddess on your side, you'll be plunging right into an even bigger plot line! Now we can BOTH be main characters together~!))

>... Urist, are you actually crying?

((Wah! No! Wait! Why're you crying!? Histoire, why'd you make her cry!?))

S-Shut up! Shut up shut up shut up shut up!! Yuu're dot gryig! H-HER FACE is th' one gryig!!

Before either of them can respond to that, someone's knocking on your door.

"Oneechan? I heard some loud noises... are you okay?"

Oh. It's Mojang.

... /oh no/.

[ ] [SOLACE] Tackle your surrogate little sister, tears be damned. This shit is too much to deal with, and you need every possible lifeline to hang onto your sanity right now.
[ ] [STALL] Holy fucking Armok, you CANNOT let Mojang see you like this. Everything's fine! Everything's okay! You're okay! (You're not okay.)
[ ] [WRITE-IN]
>>
>>43571752
>[x] [STALL] Holy fucking Armok, you CANNOT let Mojang see you like this. Everything's fine! Everything's okay! You're okay! (You're not okay.)
Dear god, I hope this Nep thing isn't permanent.
>>
>>43571752
>[ ] [SOLACE] Tackle your surrogate little sister, tears be damned. This shit is too much to deal with, and you need every possible lifeline to hang onto your sanity right now.
>>
>>43571752
>[ ] [SOLACE] Tackle your surrogate little sister, tears be damned. This shit is too much to deal with, and you need every possible lifeline to hang onto your sanity right now.
>>
>>43571752
>[ ] [STALL] Holy fucking Armok, you CANNOT let Mojang see you like this. Everything's fine! Everything's okay! You're okay! (You're not okay.)
Vacuum up those tears, an onee-chan's gotta be strong.
>>
>>43571752
>>
>>43571752
> Write in: Force eggplants to your mind and take joy in forcing her out of your head
tears of joy
>>
>>43571752
>>
>>43571752
>[ ] [STALL] Holy fucking Armok, you CANNOT let Mojang see you like this. Everything's fine! Everything's okay! You're okay! (You're not okay.)
>>
File: zELmvaj.jpg (323 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
zELmvaj.jpg
323 KB, 1920x1080
>>43571752
>>
>>43571752
[write in] be an adorable little shit no matter what else you do!

OH WAIT, well that's one goal down
>>
>>43571752
>[X] [SOLACE] Tackle your surrogate little sister, tears be damned. This shit is too much to deal with, and you need every possible lifeline to hang onto your sanity right now.
Mojang, make the NepNep go away!
>>
>>43571752
>[BOOZE SOLACE]
>[STALL]
We proud independent dwarf who don't need any little sister!
>>
>>43571752
>[X] [SOLACE] Tackle your surrogate little sister, tears be damned. This shit is too much to deal with, and you need every possible lifeline to hang onto your sanity right now.
>>
>>43571774
>>43571775
sistermind
>>
>>43571752
>>
>>43571752

We can't let her think we're crazy. I mean, yes, she's seen us talk to voices in our head. But the voices have never talked back.
>>
>>43571752
Solace in beer
>>
>>43571752
[STALL] Grab the evidence and hide it in the closet! The evidence is a fairy, a voice in our head, and tears, though, so that might not work very well.

Thank goodness Nep's main character DETERMINATION isn't strong enough to beat ours yet. Urist has enough problems without getting trapped in her own head and bodyjacked by the goddess no one's ever happy to see.
>>
>>43571837
We are not crazy, at least we are not carazay like the Thirteen-chan.
damn it! now I wanna see a pic of the Thirteen-chan
>>
>>43571854
What would happen if Urist and Neptune did switch bodies temporarily?
>>
>>43571752
>>
>>43571873
She burn down our fortress
we drown her nation in booze
>>
>>43571854
>underestimating a Goddess
Wouldn't that be nice.
>>
>>43571873
It'd cause some chaos for sure. One is a slovenly, unkempt misfit without the slightest of social graces, finding happiness only in violence or drink.

The other, of course, is a dwarf.
>>
>>43571752

NepNep your surrogate little sister, Urist, you can totally trust me. Minecrafter Peaches~
>>
File: image.png (42 KB, 460x332) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42 KB, 460x332
>>43571906
>drunk, violent Nepnep
The world trembles
>>
>>43571939
Blanc pleases old gamers for money! Ohohoh!
>>
>>43571939
I want to do lewd things to Blanc!
>>
>>43571873
Urist tries desperately to get any of the other goddesses to help get the group of of the Hyperdimensional, only to continuously have her explanations be ignored as Nep's crazed ramblings, until she hits the breaking point, somehow goes HDD and starts wrecking things?

...Hm, would the usual shift in personality HDD brings do anything in his scenario?
>>
>>43571752
> ATTEMPT TO [X] [STALL] FOLLOWED BY INEVITABLE BREAKDOWN AND [X] [SOLACE]
also inbibe unrealistic levels of booze
>>
File: 1396940088148.gif (620 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1396940088148.gif
620 KB, 500x281
>>43571962
>>
File: image.png (366 KB, 554x490) Image search: [Google]
image.png
366 KB, 554x490
>>43571959
>>43571962
>>
>>43571770
>Dear god, I hope this Nep thing isn't permanent.
I hope it is.
>>
>>43571968
>...Hm, would the usual shift in personality HDD brings do anything in his scenario?

... well, assuming it acts as a limit break of sorts that triggers similar reactions through Urist's coding while glitching it 'cause this is never supposed to happen...

>Urist Twelfthbay enters a fey possessed martial trance mood while withdrawing from society and looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
>>
File: 1433397718663.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1433397718663.jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
>>43571985
She really is, isn't she.
>>
>>43571854
That the Nep may someday emerge from the background and be the main character... It fills you with determination.

Hey, Undertale's a PC game, maybe she's floating around the Hyperdimensional too? Hopefully the Mercy/Murder routes don't manifest as split personality like with poor SS13...
>>
>>43571985
>>43571983
My love is pure and wholesome!
>>
File: image.png (490 KB, 545x592) Image search: [Google]
image.png
490 KB, 545x592
>>43572005
>>
File: 1425855305637.jpg (195 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1425855305637.jpg
195 KB, 1280x720
>>43572000
>Urist Twelfthbay enters a fey possessed martial trance mood while withdrawing from society and looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
>>
>>43572037
>NepNep enters a fey possessed martial trance mood while withdrawing from society and looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
>>
File: image.png (405 KB, 473x543) Image search: [Google]
image.png
405 KB, 473x543
>>43572029
>>
>>43572000
I guess to answer this we'd need to consider, which is her 'true' personality? Is she Nep, who gets a boost in competence while in super mode? Or is she CPU Purple Heart, who is usually trapped in a form that limits her intelligence and abilities? (This is probably answered in the actual series but everyone I know about HDN I learned here, so...)
>>
>>43571983
but she's old enough to be an adult now
>>
File: WA WA WA.png (337 KB, 489x543) Image search: [Google]
WA WA WA.png
337 KB, 489x543
>>43572068
>>
>>43572079
Neptune's an airhead, regardless of form
She just contains it a little better as Purple Heart
>>
File: image.png (794 KB, 691x872) Image search: [Google]
image.png
794 KB, 691x872
>>43572089
>>
>>43572091
So its exactly what HDD implies, then? A form that gives a huge boost to RAM, Memory, and GPU, making them much faster, smarter, and stronger than usual? Makes sense.
>>
>>43572102
>>
>>43572081
whereas some of the bigger-boobied/adult ones are still underage
>>
>>43572116
HDD implies a standard-issue JRPG power up mode, and is in no way affiliated with console development
That would be NEXT forms
>>
>>43572081
Loli is a body type! Hag loli! Hag Loli!
>>
>>43572134
...Oh, it probably stands for Hyper Dimension Dsomething, duh. I assumed it was Hard Drive Dsomething.
>>
>>43572134
Isn't HDD just a localization anyway?
>>
File: cooldorf.jpg (33 KB, 163x234) Image search: [Google]
cooldorf.jpg
33 KB, 163x234
We're probably going to have to exorcise the nepnep or go insane.

OPTIONS:
1. BOOZE
2. Chew on some sharicite???
3. Blunt force trauma
4. ???

suggestions????
>>
>>43572144
Hard Disk Divinity
Because ???goddessvideogame??? shenanigans
>>
>>43572157
Eggplants. Eggplants everywhere.
>>
>>43572157
Stare at a quantum stockpile until she leaves
>>
[X] [SOLACE] Tackle your surrogate little sister, tears be damned. This shit is too much to deal with, and you need every possible lifeline to hang onto your sanity right now.
>>
>>43572157
Plump Helmets
>>
>>43572174
Can eggplant booze?

We'd need to find eggplants first though
>>
>>43572174
Eggplants can be made tasty. Just boil them, squeeze out the pasty vegetable flesh, mix it with mustard and sugar and a little vinegar, maybe some sour cream...

I could eat it for days.
>>
>>43572182
She just too dumb\careless to not understand it's impossible. She would be bored quickly and nag us.
>>
>>43572157
Gehaburn is always an option.
>>
>>43572157
Those eggplant riders might work
>>
>>43572157
Easy. All we have to do is sit around doing nothing interesting at all, so she gets bored and goes off to find out where the plot is happening.

As if we could sit still for three seconds without a monster barging in or a crazy adventurer falling out of the sky onto our head. Being Urist is !!FUN!! (As in, "Losing is"
>>
>>43572199
Maybe make up a world history in our head until she gets bored of it and shoves off? I seem to recall that we're able to basically imagine up Legends Mode worldgen at will.
>>
>>43571752
>[X] [SOLACE]

You hesitate for a few heartbeats, stuck between two primal instincts- but in the end, your horrified confusion wins out over dignity. Hell, as shameful as it is to admit, Mojang's seen you cry /plenty/ of times.

"Oneechan? OneechaAAH-"

Still, when you throw open the door and tackle-smash her against the opposite wall while bawling your eyes out, Mojang's expression is one for the goddamned record books. You're in no damn mood to appreciate it, though, and you simply cling onto her.

"Hweh? Huh? What? That- huh??" Mojang stutters, sliding to the floor with you, in complete and utter shock. She looks down at you and up at Histoire and down at you and up at Histoire, alarm spiking her voice ever higher. "What's wrong? What's going on!?"

You wail into her hoodie, fell and terrible. You've got brain probleeeeems!!

>A-Ah, well, you see...

You've got your face muffled in the front of Mojang's hoodie, and... well, you do what you can to cut your self-pity party short, your traumatized wails fading away to small sniffl- /proper dwarven tears/.

Yeah. It was all you, and how fast you compose yourself has absolutely nothing to do with Mojang stroking your bedhead-mussed hair or letting you cry on her shoulder, so shut the fuck up.

>Somehow, Neptune's consciousness, or part of it, has become trapped inside Urist's head.

((Yuppers! And everyone can hear me somehow,)) the goddess's voice pipes up.

"R... really?" Mojang's hair-stroking intensifies. "Oneechan doesn't- um, she... she doesn't like having voices in her head," your surrogate little sister says carefully. (You nod fervently, if only to show that you're still participating in this conversation.)

>While I can certainly sympathize, this... isn't exactly a good situation for Neptune, either.

((Really? I dunno, I think it's a nice change of pace! Hey, maybe if I concentrate really, really hard, I can power-up Urist-))

(Cont.)
>>
>>43572281
>Neptune, think about it. If you're here, then what's the status of your body back home? How about Planeptune?

There's a moment of silence.

((... ah.))

>... you didn't stop to think about that, did you.

((Um, well... it'll work out, right? I mean!)) Neptune's voice sounds- well, she's actually worried for a change. ((Iffy and Compa will keep looking over me! It's not like I could move or talk or wake up or anything, anyway!))

>Well, be as it may... how in the world did this happen in the first place?

You manage to hear Histoire and Neptune's back-and-forth as they try to figure out how this shit even went down. Cutting out most of Neptune's goddamned stupid utterings and Histoire telling Neptune as much, the general gist of it is as follows:

>Neptune, what happened?

((I'unno!))

>Well, it clearly had something to do with how you managed to connect to Urist. Perhaps my edits to Urist's Therapist utility had something to do with it, or possibly whatever malaise has struck Neptune back in Gamindustri.

((Whoa, really? As expected of you, Histoire, you're so smart!))

>What's the last thing you remember before getting stuck in Urist?

((I did a victory pose!))

>That's it?

((Well, I also tried reaching out to Noire's noggin to see if I could contact her, but I'm sure that has nothing to do with it! I mean, the point was so I could say that I was inside her once!))

>There's our answer, then.

(Cont.)
>>
>>43572296
... the actual conversation was a damn sight longer than that, made survivable only by Mojang acting as your freaking life vest. Armok preserve you, if this Neptune-ing is the sort of shit you've got to put up with on a daily basis, you're gonna fucking die of insanity.

Histoire clears her "throat," swiveling back to face you and Mojang (and technically Neptune).

>I... have a few theories about how this happened, but I'll have to do some research first. I should have an answer for you by the time I wake up tomorrow morning. Hang in there, Urist.

You hear her voice yawn again, and the Gamindustri Key Fragments start floating closer and closer to the ground.

>CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
[ ] [UNDERSTOOD] Let Histoire focus on this question. The sooner you get Neptune out of your head, the better.
[ ] [FOCUS: ESCAPE] Waitasec- she needs to focus on how to get you and everyone else back to Gamindustri. That's more important!
[ ] [FOCUS: ARFOIRE] Hold it! She's gotta throw out her sensors and track down Arfoire. Seriously, leaving her unchecked out here is a bad idea.
[ ] [WRITE-IN]
>>
>>43572303
>[ ] [FOCUS: ESCAPE] Waitasec- she needs to focus on how to get you and everyone else back to Gamindustri. That's more important!
Everything will be fine once we get back home.
>>
>>43572303
[BOOZEAND EGGPLANTS] Focus on getting wasted and eating eggplants.
>>
>>43572303
>[X] [FOCUS: ESCAPE] Waitasec- she needs to focus on how to get you and everyone else back to Gamindustri. That's more important!
>>
>>43572303
>[ ] [FOCUS: ESCAPE] Waitasec- she needs to focus on how to get you and everyone else back to Gamindustri. That's more important!
This place is fun and all, but I don't want to spend all of eternity out here.
>>
>>43572303
>[ ] [UNDERSTOOD] Let Histoire focus on this question. The sooner you get Neptune out of your head, the better
>>
>>43572303
>[ ] [WRITE-IN]
Summon many many cats. It will slow down Neptune's thought processes but leave us unaffected. Hopefully that will restore some of our sanity.
>>
Might as well ask it here rather than VG: Is it wrong that I want to play the original neptunia game on the pc so badly that I went on to decode it's design and start from helloworld.cpp?
>>
>>43572303
>[x] [FOCUS: ESCAPE] Waitasec- she needs to focus on how to get you and everyone else back to Gamindustri. That's more important!
>>
>>43572303
>[X] [UNDERSTOOD] Let Histoire focus on this question. The sooner you get Neptune out of your head, the better.
We can survive in the void, gathering other adventurers to us for a nearly indefinite period.

We can survive with Neptune in our head, maybe three days, MAX.

Priorities, we have them.
1 - BOOZE
2 - Get the Nep out of our HEAD
3 - Escape the Void
4 - Something something Arfoire.
>>
>>43572303
>>43572315
Backing
>>
>>43572331
It's not that wrong I think. Just bothersome.
Call us when you can do it. I wanna hear results
>>
>>43572281
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L81LiZtXxk
>I'll show you myyyy special. URIST BREAK.
>it is dwarven wrestling.
>or drawbridges
>or drawbridges wrestling
>>
>>43572331
Ambitious
Very ambitious
>>
>>43572331
What? There should be PS3 emus by now. Try that.
>>
>>43572303
>[ ] [UNDERSTOOD] Let Histoire focus on this question. The sooner you get Neptune out of your head, the better.
>>
>>>43572281
>"Oneechan doesn't- um, she... she doesn't like having voices in her head,"
Has Urist had voices in her head before, or is Mojang speaking in general here? A fey mood, maybe?

>>43572296
>It's not like I could move or talk or wake up or anything, anyway!
Uh, hang on, do we know what's going on in the real world right now, exactly? That kind of sounds like a bad thing.

>>43572303
[FOCUS: ESCAPE]
If the only problem Histoire sees with this is that Nep's body is defenselessly mindless in Gamindustri, then that means there's no risk of a mind meld, or brain damage, or a full Nepnep possession, or whatever, right?

If so, let's focus on getting out of this place. Every second we're here is another chance for a crazy weather pattern, or a horrible otherworldly monster, or our fortress to suddenly stop floating and plummet, or a insane adventurer, or some other bad thing to suddenly appear.

Even Urist would surely prioritise getting dirt and rock back under her feet over having The Thing That Would Not Leave reading shotgun in her cerebellum, right?
>>
>>43572360
In an university where you have to do the entire design of Ultima 0 Akalabeth in UML, and you have to whip out full-scaled test systems for classes, know every bit and piece of the science of WHY a program is good for a task...

I have no excuse not to try.
>>
>>43572303
>[ ] [UNDERSTOOD] Let Histoire focus on this question. The sooner you get Neptune out of your head, the better.
>>
>>43572375
If nepnep was captured by the Thirteen it's means some things (assuming Nep now is brainded)
A. She gonna be gibbed because meat.
B. she gonna be looted because loot.
C. She gonna be chair buckled and being guest in imaginary tea party, wearing a frilly dress. Other guests would be a corgi in hat, monkey I'm clown mask and decomposing naked corpse.
>>
>>43572303
>>
>>43572303
>[X] [UNDERSTOOD] Let Histoire focus on this question. The sooner you get Neptune out of your head, the better.
>>
There's a lot of people we've met who should be from the Graveyard originally, but don't seem to have any trouble because of that. Doomgirl got pulled her with us, so shouldn't everybody originally from the PC be here? Shovel Knight, Elder Scrolls, XCOM, Freddie, SS13... We've seen a surprising amount of PC-firsters, actually. Coincidence? Maybe.

SS13's presence also raises the question of how notable a series has to be to count. Would something like You Have To Burn The Rope, FarmVille, or Canabalt be big enough for a adventurer to manifest?

Actually, I wonder if mobile gaming has any representation here. There are a few mobile only games that are decent enough to be consider real games, and plenty of PC/Console series have mobile entries, too. Maybe there's an island out in the middle of the ocean somewhere ruled by a merchant queen of a goddess, sitting in a palace made entirely of microtransactions and money.
>>
File: end.jpg (17 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
17 KB, 512x512
Okay, looks like we have a very very VERY close win for [X] [UNDERSTOOD], so that's where we'll pick up next time (since it's already 2 am on a weekday, when the hell did it get so late)!

Next thread will be on FRIDAY, 11/13, at about 9-ish pm EST! As always, updates will be on https://twitter.com/BlorpQuest, and questions can either go here or ask.fm/BlorpQuest.

Hope you guys enjoyed this thread; catch you next time!

Bonus content is... not this thread, sadly, since I only have about a new post's worth of material written out. Sorry, guys- I'll see if I can't crank out more of Blanc's battle against the Mysterious White Liquid order by next thread!
>>
>>43572465
>Mysterious White Liquid order
>want her to lose
>but also want her to win
How complicated.

Bye bye Blorp
>>
>>43572231
Legend Mode worldgen with a little hack: eggplants. everywhere.

>>43572451
Yes, PC games = Graveyard; AND all have some connection to Arfoire.

Mobile-firsts are probably with them.

>>43572465
Goodnight Blorp, thanks for running!
>>
>>43572465
Thanks for the thread as always Blorp
>>
>>43572409
Oh, crap, right, that happened. M-Maybe the Cap/Sec/HoS/Lawyer/Warden department won out and she's been shoved in some kind of makeshift perma until the 'shuttle' to wherever they're taking her arrives?

...Wait a second, I love it: Nep got captured... And almost immediately went brain dead. Well played, Blorp.
>>
>>43572465
Thanks for running! I'm glad acaught one live for once (I actually saw the thread on sup/tg/, reas to the bottom where it cut off early without warning, and realized it must still be running. I should probably just start using Twitter...)
>>
>>43572495
>AND all have some connection to Arfoire.
I thought their connection was the Graveyard, it being all of their birthplace
>>
>>43572547
Yeah, but there's been several other little hints of a connection. Plus the major tipoff we got when the RROD designed to force Arfoire and all her stuff out of Ganindustri knocked US, Mojang, and Doomgirl (at the least) into the Hyperdimension. All three are PC-firsts. Plus, Freddie and SS13 are both PC-firsts, and are working for Arfoire (or are bad guys at least, I can't remember).

Honestly, my knowledge of the series is pretty limited, but if I'm correct that Arfoire is indeed the villain in the games, and that what she's represents is never stated, then I love the way Blorp's turning it into a plausible and awesome explanation that adds a new angle to things. Nice work!
>>
>>43572591
Shovel Knight was getting booted too; we detected the MOBAs in the distance; Master of Magic and Dungeon Keeper are in cahoots with Arfoire as well.
TES was working for Vert and had to be tricked, but is probably booted now too.
>>
>>43572664
I'm almost wondering now if THIS was somehow the plan... There are quite a few heroes that started out on PC, maybe the gap left by them all getting booted is something Arfoire can take advantage of?

Also, I wonder who the relation between TES and Fallout would translate, since the latter changed styles drastically to resemble the former partway through. Started mimicking TES's style like Mojang did with Urist? Some kind of adopted sister thing going on? There's gotta be some interesting way to interpret it.
>>
>>43572465
>Goodnight Blorp, thanks for running!
basically.
>>
File: 353270_2015-11-08_00001.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
353270_2015-11-08_00001.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>43572465
May Iris Heart visit you at night.
>>
I never manage to make these things. Since I'll probably miss the future ones too, I may as well throw this in now.

Freddie apparently joined Arfoire on the promise of having a place she could call home, since no land would take a nightmare creature like her. We can offer the same thing as Arfoire now; we have Hyperdimension out here in the void, and possibly in the waters between nations in Gamindustri.

For personifications like Freddie, who don't seem thrilled at breaking/kicking out others so that she'd have a home, we can offer Hyperdimenion as an alternative. It's got happy fun stuff that needs to be dealt with, but that's better than sticking with Arfoire and inevitably fighting/killing off the Gamindustri goddesses.

We *might* be able to diplomance Myrra into neutrality as well, if she's looking for a place of her own or something. Now that she's probably in the void, she can do her own thing, and if she wants to do anything with Gamindustri again she can either work something out herself or work with our community, which, again, has less issues than continuing to work alongside Arfoire.

I'm don't remember if Myrra's motivation was ever spelled out, though, and I'm not digging through the archives right now. If I'm off-base, we can still probably find something to get her off Arfoire's side.
>>
>>43573669
Yeah, we could work something for Freddie. Maybe Station too.

Myrra however, seems rather established by herself already, that muddies up her reasons for working with Arfoire.

And Keeper is a nutcase.
>>
>>43573669
Good point on Freddie.

I dunno about Myrra. Methinks she's in it to grab her own gigantic chunk of Sharicite to power up like SS13.

Keeper's a definite nogo.
>>
>>43573929
I thought Keeper and URIST got a history between them. But what kind of story, I wonder.
>>
>>43574003
Yes we do. Keeper seemed fascinated with our Forgotten Beasties (Forgotten Creeper would probably make her simultaneously cream her panties in adoration and explode in jealousy over Urist doing it with Mojang instead of her) and probably wants us for them. And dwarven evil genius engineering too.
>>
>>43574003
Yes, but it seems to be a more antagonistic and possibly torturous history than a buddy-buddy one.
>>
>>43574028
>explode in jealousy over Urist doing it with Mojang instead of her
It's fine, we already made a forgotten beast out of one of her monsters.
>>
>>43572830
well, I wouldn't mind if she visited me...
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.