[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Duel Masters General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 13
File: soulswap.jpg (51 KB, 342x479) Image search: [Google]
soulswap.jpg
51 KB, 342x479
Empty Lobby Edition!
inb4 bomby

OCTGN (boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OCTGN), (OCTGN download -> octgn.net/Home/GetOctgn).
Use the TCG not the OCG (game download instructions -> octgngames.com/installing-games/)
>>
File: crystalLancer.jpg (30 KB, 288x398) Image search: [Google]
crystalLancer.jpg
30 KB, 288x398
>>43553242
ABRIDGED (BUT NEARLY COMPREHENSIVE) RULES
>INITIAL SETUP: 5 cards in hand, 5 facedown cards as shields (basically health), 30+ cards in deck
blocking is an ability, not all creatures can do it
mana zone, battlefield, and discard start empty
>START YOUR TURN: untap all your stuff, then draw a card
if you went first in turn order you skip your first draw
you lose if you *ever* try to draw from an empty deck
>next CHARGE A CARD (i.e PLAY A LAND): you may put *any* one card from your hand into you mana zone
every card generates 1 mana, multi-colord cards enter tapped
>next PLAY CARDS: played creatures go into the battlefield, spells resolve their effects then go into the discard
you must tap a number of mana sources equal to the cost of a cards from your hand to play it
at least one mana source must represent each color on the card you play
if you don't spend your mana *right now* you won't be spending it
>next ATTACK CREATURES OR PLAYERS: one at a time, tap creatures that you controlled at the start of your turn to attack or use activated abilities
attacks can target an a specific enemy shield or a specific tapped enemy creature
if a creature fights another creature the lower power is moved to it's owner's discard, mutual death on ties
if your shield is successfully attacked it goes to your hand
you lose if you are successfully attacked and you have no shields
>next END YOUR TURN: some effects might occur here; then the next player in turn order starts their turn
>FOOTNOTES
blocking is an ability, not all creatures can do it
effects caused by attacking occur before effects caused by blocking
evolution creatures are played on top of and replacing other creature(s)
if an evolution creature moves to a zone other than the battlefield, move everything below it too
evolution creatures don't get summoning sickness
some shields may cast themselves at no cost when attacked, if you choose to do this it happens immediately
>>
>>43553279
I think it's better to learn to rules from one of the video games that lets you play against the AI.

http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Duel_Masters_Video_Games
>>
The deck editor would be a bit better with a visualization of the deck showing the arts not just names and numbers on the corner of the screen.

Ok I tried alone, I'm pretty sure I fucked up. Monociv because I don't know yet how to balance multiple civs on a deck.
>>
File: DM.jpg (106 KB, 240x654) Image search: [Google]
DM.jpg
106 KB, 240x654
I have a few GBA exclusive cards in this game here. Can anyone of you figure out the effects of those cards?
>>
>>43557900
That last one is Galberius Dragon.
The W icon means it has double breaker, since Nippon often uses W as a shorthand for double-somethings. The wing is speed attacker, which is just haste. The other four abilities are tied to if your opponent has a creature of a certain civilization on his field.

>When you put this creature into the battle zone, if your opponent has a nature creature in the battle zone, put the top card of your deck into your mana zone.

> While your opponent has a water creature in the battle zone, this creature can't be blocked.

> While your opponent has a darkness creature in the battle zone, this creature gets "slayer".

> While your opponent has a light creature in the battle zone, you may untap this creature at the end of each of your turns.
>>
File: Dm39-s5a.jpg (120 KB, 400x560) Image search: [Google]
Dm39-s5a.jpg
120 KB, 400x560
>>
File: Dmr15-v2b.jpg (165 KB, 393x550) Image search: [Google]
Dmr15-v2b.jpg
165 KB, 393x550
>>43559986
>>
>>43553242
First for ban Bomb Blue
>>
>>43562431
Naw, Bomb Blue is solid, bruh. Don't be mad you get rekt by it, son. You just gotta git gud, you scrub.
>>
Anyone down for a casual game?
My username is Cyber_Dork
>>
>>43563076
What? On OCTGN, right? Using the TCG? If so, I'd be down.
>>
>>43563129
TCG is the one currently without a banlist right?
>>
>>43563150
Yep.
>>
>>43563209
Sure let's play.
>>
>>43563209
Username?
Also, are you hosting or will I?
>>
>>43563225
>>43563248
I'm hosting.
>>
>>43563280
Oh, I didn't realize that I had the OCG installed and not the TCG.
Does it matter or will I need to rebuild my deck in the TCG?
>>
>>43563323
They're 2 separate plug-ins, so yeah, you'd need to do it all again, I'm afraid.
>>
>>43563280
Good game nerd.
Gonna need to revamp my shit, lest I get stomped again.
>>
>>43564240
Come at me, bruh. I've been stomping folks on these here generals for days now, son. I do have other less-insane decks, if you want to play against those instead. And, of course, if you want deck tips and strategy advice, me and any other lurking anons that give a fuck will help you out. Anything to drum up activity in this fucking wasteland of a thread.
>>
>>43561936
>His name is Niga

Oh boy, that was a hearty chuckle indeed.
>>
>>43564468
Dang, you stole my next image bump. I was saving that for a good time.
>>
>>43564507
My bad, whenever I stumble onto a cool one I just put it on the general.
>>
what is HEUR/QVM03.0.Malware.Gen and why is it inside octgn
>>
>>43564592
The servers don't pay themself. Just ignore it.
>>
>>43564828
Or, yknow, scrub it as he should do.
>>
>>43564592
I doubt OCTGN gave you a virus and you're just trying to fucking scare everyone off because you're mad people are having fun. If you do actually have the virus, you likely got it somewhere else, so either get better antivirus software or learn how to computer and get rid of it manually. Either way, stop trying to ruin people's fun times.
>>
OCTGN is glitching out for me. Restarting and trying again.
>>
>>43566155
It popped up when I scanned the .exe like you do with every .exe so you don't mess up your computer.

I didn't install it because said virus was contained within the executable.

I was worried about fucking up my computer, not trying to scare people from downloading a program that most of you have already downloaded and installed. Also Original duel master was awesome and I have literally nothing bad to say about it, even the dub of the cartoon was hilarious.
>>
>>43566692
Well, then just remove it afterwards?
>>
>>43516608
ecch1 an I both made versions of this deck that suck (just) a bit less
ecch1's deck is probably better than mine, but I don't remember everything in it, so I've got:

4 Kelp Candle
4 Spiral Gate
3 Emeral
1 Crystal Spinslicer
3 Aqua Hulcus
3 Emperor Maroll
3 Corile
3 Illusionary Merfolk
4 Aqua Surfer
2 Crystal Lancer

2 Faerie Life
4 Soulswap
4 Mana Nexus
>>
>>43568089
whoops, meant to respond to >>43523849
>>
File: theStallWasReal.png (2 MB, 1920x1044) Image search: [Google]
theStallWasReal.png
2 MB, 1920x1044
>>43568140
>>
I'm down to play if anyone is on.
>>
File: @43557698.png (1 MB, 1053x640) Image search: [Google]
@43557698.png
1 MB, 1053x640
>>43557698
You can sort-of get what you're looking for by looking at your deck in a session.
Resolution's ass though.

> Monociv because I don't know yet how to balance multiple civs on a deck.
There's a lot of finesse to it, but it's pretty easy to do through trial and error. It's pretty dependent on the costs of what you're playing. If you're just running 2 colors the absolute lowerbound will probably somewhere between 8 and 10 cards in the lesser color, *maybe* 12 if you're running a playset of 2 cost lesser color cards.
High cost shield trigger cards (terror pit, aqua surfer, etc) and especially multi-color cards also go a long way towards color fixing, if you charge a multi-colored card from your opening hand on turn 1 you're essentially color fixed for the entire game.
Beyond that multi-colored cards are really REALLY easy to cast. Unless you have a 3 color deck and want to cast a card your lesser colors ON TURN 2, you'll pretty much always get them off. Their main downside is actually that they enter the mana zone tapped, but considering how often you end up with excess mana this isn't hard to play around.

> Ok I tried alone, I'm pretty sure I fucked up.
That IS pretty terrible, but it should be borderline playable as is.
First off, why all the playsets?? You start with 5 cards, your guaranteed 5 draws from your shields, and (Bomby and blowouts nonwithstanding) you can reasonably expect to draw ATLEAST 8 or 10 draws from your deck during the game. The number of copies you run isn't a matter of whether or not you'll run into a card, it's a matter of how many times you'll run into it.
And you are WAY to dedicated to human tribal. I get that most red evo-creatures are humans, but that's well past a bit much with Human oriented support cards (of which you have none). Beyond that, 7-8 cards in race are enough to consistently get off cheap evo-creatures, and 4-5 works fine for most expensive evo-creatures. <running out of characters>
>>
>>43557698
>>43571323 <cont.>
(of which you have none) -> *(of which you have very little)
Crisis Boulder, Comet Missile, and ESPECIALLY Colossus Boost are all only circumstantial useful cards (read: BAD).

Another questionable choice is your complete lack of blockers. You *can* get away with this, but you usually do it by running loads of bounce and removal.
Along that note; your evo-creature driven tempo might blow through most blockers, but it won't hold up well against any sort of bounce or removal (though the sheer number of evo-creatures you're running might help you partial avoid this, if you don't mind getting swarmed).
>>
File: WaveStrikerWRG.png (799 KB, 1023x647) Image search: [Google]
WaveStrikerWRG.png
799 KB, 1023x647
>>43571323
> If you're just running 2 colors the absolute lowerbound will probably somewhere between 8 and 10 cards in the lesser color
> High cost shield trigger cards [...] also go a long way towards color fixing
To expand on this slightly, you could probably get away with running just 4 STs and 2-3 mid cost cards in an 2nd (or 3rd!) color without too much trouble.

I'm not too familiar with 3+ color deck building, but a deck I built recently runs:
11 red cards, 3 red/green cards, 13 green cards, 3 green/yellow cards, and 10 yellow cards. Of those there are 16 2-drops (5 of which I won't use on turn 2), 14 3-drops (4 of which I won't use on turn 3), 3 4-drops, 3 5-drops, and 4 6-drops. Despite all of the 2-drops I have had no issues what-so-ever with color screw.
>>
Why is this game so dead compared to MtG?
>>
>>43575169
Because wizards killed it everywhere but in Japan.
>>
Could we make a cube?
>>
>>43575169 >>43575452
It probably had something to do with the poor sales that came from marketing the game exclusively towards people who were already invested in other games.

>>43577135
I'm not sure how to work that in OCTGN. Probably?
Decks that try to do too much aside, most combinations of effects work well together.
Just make sure to consider evo-creatures when your building your cube.
>>
File: colorPie.png (420 KB, 7456x6088) Image search: [Google]
colorPie.png
420 KB, 7456x6088
>>
>>43578034
I have no idea what this God-abomination is.
>>
>>43578153
It looks like a really bad chart of card movement effects based on color.

Water can move cards from the deck to hand (draw, tutor), from mana zones to hand, swap cards from shields to hand, and from battlefield to hand (bounce). It can also look at opponent's shields.
Darkness can move cards from opponent's hand, mana, and field to discard (discard and killspells), from your discard to your hand, and can make you sacrifice creatures and draw your own shields. It also has big creatures with drawbacks.
Fire can kill your opponent's creatures. They also have Power Attacking and Speed Attacking creatures. Yep, that's it.
Nature can tutor creatures from your deck, can put cards from your hand, discard, and deck into your mana zone, can put cards in your mana zone into your shields (rarely), and can remove creatures from your opponent's field into their mana zone. They also have Power Attacking creatures and variations.
White can put cards in your deck into your shields, tap down creatures, and look at shields. They also have lots of blocking creatures.
>>
>>43579621
Well, that's a real shitty way of doing it. This could probably make a decent OP image for future threads, though, if it was cleaned up and brushed up a little.
>>
File: Dmc44-24.jpg (100 KB, 400x560) Image search: [Google]
Dmc44-24.jpg
100 KB, 400x560
>>
I'll be hoping on the lobby in about 5 minutes.
>>
File: Draw.jpg (451 KB, 1600x563) Image search: [Google]
Draw.jpg
451 KB, 1600x563
Anyone else noticed that the creatures with the biggest bullshit draw effects all were in the same booster?
>>
>>43586757
They probably were probably designed by the same person.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.