[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Damsel: The Distressining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 23
For those not up to speed, we're making a light pnp rpg where the players play as damsels in distress.
>>
>>43541868
So besides a highly respectable and classic magical realm, what is the draw of this? The characters would essentially be helpless, and it seems like restricting player action is what every other game tries to shy away from.
>>
File: DamselTheDistressining.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
DamselTheDistressining.pdf
1 B, 486x500
So I've gone and done a very basic character sheet. Originally I wanted everything to be on a single page - half the page is character sheet, the other half rules. However as I started jotting things down the situation changed. At the moment I'm thinking of putting everything the player needs to know on the back of the page and two sheets at the front.

For those out of the loop, read the OP. We've already formed some form of a consensus on the classes, attributes and skills.

The classes are - Action Girl (as the name implies), Rich Girl (the charismatic face of the party), Scoop Snoop (Lois Lane) and Bookworm (as the name implies).

Five attributes, which are described on the sheet - as well as the skill system (basically haggled with the GM or Damsel Mistress, as it is called).

So far we've got to stat the classes, figure out if we're using a 2d6 or a 3d6 system and we need to make a DM sheet as well.

About the fetishes - after we're done we should make an "Extended Rules" page with adds additional rules for cloth destruction, tieing up, etc.

Oh, and we don't have a combat sytem. So far we've had two suggestions - a typical HP system or dames are knocked out when they fail a fortitude roll. We also talked about a system of intimidation, where the players would be encouraged to surrender if the guards see them, rather then instantly going into combat (and vice versa).

>Senpai you have a lot of errors and it looks like shit

It's quickly put together, I don't care about these stuff at the moment.
>>
>>43541917
I think the idea is that whoever captures the damsel is too stupid to actually tie her up/secure the facility correctly.

There might be a magical shield over all outside doors, but the damsel is not tied and her door has a hidden key.

Interesting idea overall.
>>
>>43541868
>gagging your prisoner with a cloth that matches the color of her outfit
What a fashion-conscious kidnapper!
>>
File: 1444985578505.jpg (2 MB, 6929x2742) Image search: [Google]
1444985578505.jpg
2 MB, 6929x2742
What is this
Why boner
My boner
Oh why do you torment me so
>>
>>43544289
Coloured at >>43543124
>>
File: boner of mine.png (122 KB, 372x1256) Image search: [Google]
boner of mine.png
122 KB, 372x1256
>>43544328
>>
>>43541917
well you could always have a bunch of incompetent minions try to pull a damsel in distress on say a 3.5 psion
no matter how you tie those up their casting remains at "fully operational" levels
>>
>>43541868
Other thread still alive though
>>
Why would I want to play as a helpless damsel?
>>
>>43547657
>Why would I want to play as a helpless damsel?
Stealth games
Also fetishes
>>
>>43550128
Anon You had me at stealth games.
>>
>>43542013
Aight. I'm sold. Tell us more.
>>
Cool, see you in three months in the thread asking why everyone stopped caring
>>
>>43553416
People said the same thing about Busty Barbarian Bimbos, and now that's sold in stores.
>>
>>43542013
>Resolution
If it's 2d6 roll under attribute, skills need to either be bonuses to stats or start at a higher level. In the previous thread someone suggested attributes starting at 7 and skills at 6 which doesn't actually make sense as you'd never roll for a skill in that case.

You could also up the dice to 3d6 if you want more variance. I'm also still in favor of attributes and skills being bonuses to the roll.

>Combat
Hit Points don't really work if the damsels are not meant to have full on confrontations. You could also simply say that an aware enemy who brandishes a weapon means the damsel must either flee or surrender. Or try to negotiate I guess.
>>
>>43554390
I like attributes being something every has at least 1 in but skills start at 0

You COULD have hit points, and have most deadly weapons dealing more than damsels have, that way it could be serious business when they show up and you could include wound penalties to account for minor scrapes or them being beaten then tied up or something
>>
>>43554445
It really depends on what you want the game to be about. If the damsels are not meant to fight all the time you don't need hit points, and could just model wounds directly.

>>43542013
>classes
Are classes supposed to give some other benefit than a bonus to an attribute? Because you could just give that directly and have class as a free space for people to explain that bonus, with some examples given. I feel that there should be some other perk or special ability if you're going to have specifically named classes.
>>
>>43555745
I think classes were just to denote character concept and starting bonus, there wasn't much talk of anything else
>>
>>43554390
>>43554445

OP here, I've been thinking about it. 2d6 seems like the better way. I think just having skills as bonuses would be fine, however if someone has a more fun idea, I'm all up for it.

More importantly, I've been thinking about the combat. Specifically, maybe it'd benefit if it's not exactly as simple as possible. Here's the thing - why don't we break it up in several phases.

>Initiation

If the Princesses are the ones initiating, they roll to beat the enemy party score. Their rolls are put combined and if it beat the combined score of the enemy party, the enemy party surrenders. If the enemy party is the one initiating on the damsels the damsels, then the damsels must beat the enemy combined roll, else the party surrenders (though that is not a game over).

>Assault
Basically charging and establishing turn order, damsels take turn based on their roll, with tiebreakers being rolled as well.

>Combat
Damsels must beat the individual enemy score (however I'm not sure if this should be a Fort roll or a Flex roll). Then they have to beat the enemy attack score (Flex roll), if they don't they lose 1 Fort point. If a damsel's Fort reaches 0 they surrender.

In general damsels deal 1 damage, unless they have a weapon.

I've also been mulling about advanced rules for bondage and cloth damage. The rules for bondage should include grappling, escaping and limited movement (in case the damsel is hopping around with hands tied around her back, gagged, etc.). For clothing damage we should have a more detailed description of the cloths, some stats on the suit (for example +1 on charm or +1 on Fort) and in general have clothing damage be a costly thing, since cloths give you stats.
>>
>>43556022

I'm all in favor for more variety? What if we have optional secondary classes.

What do I mean by that? Well, let's say being an Action Girl gives you +2 Fortitude, well, instead of this bonus you can go Main class - Action Girl -> Secondary class Muscle Girl. The muscle girl doesn't get any bonus +0 Fort, but instead gains a special trait which allows her to break up restraints up to X strength.
>>
File: CindyMel1.jpg (446 KB, 1589x2341) Image search: [Google]
CindyMel1.jpg
446 KB, 1589x2341
>>43556819
Regarding rules for bondage: there's actually a d20 based PvE and PvP bondage themed RPG that I might have stumbled across at some point and become quite familiar with. The premise of it involves using debuffing attacks in the form of restraints, with statuses such as 'hobbled' or 'restricted' and appropriate penalties to stats and such.

Thus it might be worth having rules for what the player can and cannot do while restrained in a certain fashion. Obvious stuff like no running while legs are bound, no in character speech while gagged, but also lay down ideas for severity. A set of loose ropes would be less debilitating than a fastened armbinder, for example.

As for clothing damage: since clothes would vary from character to character based on what the player wants, it might be worth splitting up the character's worn equipment into regions and having areas of clothing take damage, rather than getting into the nitty gritty of how much more durable a leather jacket would be than a silk blouse.

I'm really liking the sound of all this so far, /tg/. Please keep up the good work!
>>
>>43556944

So this is what I'm thinking we can do.

We make a table for the bondage, goes as follwoing
R. Arm, L.Arm, L. Leg, etc.
hobbled
restricted
tight
etc.

And for the clothing damage we can have

Overware Underware
Legs
Chest
Arms

What is this system you may have happened upon?
>>
>>43556819
>they lose 1 Fort point. If a damsel's Fort reaches 0 they surrender.
Doesn't that result in a death spiral if Fort is also used to test against in combat? You'd also need rules on how to recover attritubes, and if other attributes can take damage too.

I'm not entirely convinced more involved combat mechanics are needed, but it really depends on what kind of a game this is supposed to be. Maybe start with writing fluff, an introduction blurb which tells what the game is about so everyone is on the same page.

>skills
How about not having 12 skills to begin with, to give options for growth. So have like six skills at +1 to +2 and when advancing you can improve your existing skills or learn new ones.
>>
>>43557004

Yeah, I was thinking of starting at 6 and topping at 12. More than that is an overkill, since no one is going to run year-long campaigns on this system.
>>
File: 49733737_p0_master1200.jpg (567 KB, 1039x1200) Image search: [Google]
49733737_p0_master1200.jpg
567 KB, 1039x1200
>>43557001
Bondage table looks good. Might also be worth including composite options (e.g. hand, wrist, upper arm etc) for villains who are really secure. Clothing one looks good as well.

Obviously not every campaign needs to have bondage but it's a pretty classic staple of Damsels in Distress and also make sense given the context. Plus it's cute.

http://bquest.altervista.org/Main_Page
>>
>>43557036

Hand, wrist, upper arm should probably go as checkboxes, rather than on the table. It makes the character sheet too clunky otherwise. As I said, I've been thinking of bondage as additional rules, rather than a core.

As for the Fort death spiral - it discourages direct combat and confrontation, so the damsels don't turn a campaign into a murderhobo run.

As for regaining points. Partially out of ideas here, maybe after completing a task or an objective the GM restores them? They felt good about themselves and gained confidence or such?
>>
>>43556944
> there's actually a d20 based PvE and PvP bondage themed RPG that I might have stumbled across at some point and become quite familiar with.
PDF where?
>>
>>43557167
Here
>>43557036
>>
>>43557036
>>Obviously not every campaign needs to have bondage but it's a pretty classic staple of Damsels in Distress and also make sense given the context. Plus it's cute.
I could see planned abduction of NPC or party members for revenge or ransom being situational. Though the party getting trussed up because they got caught snooping seems like something that could happen anytime there's a screw up against the bad guys. What kind of alternative trouble do you think they could end up in?

Also. How often should the GM encourage the party to "split up and look for clues"? Regardless of the cliche, it seems like there could be time limit imperatives to cover as much ground as possible during a scenario.
>>
>>43558110
>What kind of alternative trouble do you think they could end up in?
There are always intra-party squabbles, if you're okay with a mean girls vibe.
>>
File: 1345407324604.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1345407324604.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>43558418
>The party has to truss up the hotheaded tomboy musclegirl before her shouting gets them caught.
>>
File: araara.gif (2 MB, 1067x720) Image search: [Google]
araara.gif
2 MB, 1067x720
>>43558481
>>
File: LunaMysCrys2.jpg (400 KB, 1957x1626) Image search: [Google]
LunaMysCrys2.jpg
400 KB, 1957x1626
>>43558515
Would PvP rules be a useful addition?
>>
>>43557001
Still not sold on clothing damage being anything other than fluff

Also, are just going to focus on bondage or are we going to include other stuff? Because earlier there was talk of other settings like fantasy or sci-fi and having things like mine control or curses could fit in the settings. On the other hand I'm perfectly fine just working at the mechanics for binding now or if we're just doing things really rules lite focusing just on bondage may be for the best
>>
Passing anon here, you guys really should just play around with the Maid RPG system. It's probably best suited for this. With some minor re-fluffing you could run this game (like getting rid of the crazier options and maid weapons), actually fiddling around with the guts of the system could really help you out. Especially as favor could be used to as favor with the captor do you could try and play along for an advantage.
>>
>>43558576
>Still not sold on clothing damage being anything other than fluff

But "MY NEW DRESS IS _RUINED_" is a staple of the noblewoman/Indiana Jones companion in peril...
>>
>>43558997
Yeah but that seems like something that should be RPed with damage or willpower or anything similar being more abstract
But that's just my opinion
>>
>>43559348

Mind Control and curses are just debuffs, I don't see a reason why this should require additional space.

>>43558554
I don't see why it should have rules distinct from PC vs NPC.

>>43558110
>How often should the GM encourage the party to "split up and look for clues"?

Probably never. This shit is always more trouble than it's worth - no matter how much sense fluff-wise it makes.
>>
>>43541917
>what is the draw of this?

Remember the old Batman tv show?
>>
>>43559843
>If I could...just...reach...my utility belt!
>>
>>43541868
>kidnapped Zelda
>not imprisoned inside a crystal
Do you think Ganondorf doesn't have any class?
>>
>>43559947

What if it's Bowser?
>>
File: bad movies.png (238 KB, 917x768) Image search: [Google]
bad movies.png
238 KB, 917x768
>>43559843
>Remember the old Batman tv show?
Man, I hated that show even more as a kid than I do now. I know that the corniness is supposed to be amusing, but it's just stupid and bad. The difference is that as a kid, I would get excited about Batman and somehow make myself believe that maybe they'd do a good job with *this* episode. Not that I'd ever make it very far, mind you. It would be as terrible as usual, and I'd change the station.
>>
>>43543090
Maybe escaping kidnappers is a part of princess training? Like maybe the King regularly throws the princess into the dungeon with her limbs bound so that she's ready when the real thing happens.
>>
>>43542013
Just to play grammar Nazi for a moment here: it's flexibility, not flexability.
>>
>>43559947
Who says it was Ganondorf? Maybe Link wants her to stay put for a while.
>>
>>43563148
Why wouldn't he do that to Nami then?
>>
>>43564350
Fairy bondage, most likely, though I'm not sure what that would entail.
>>
>>43564363
Being shoved in a bottle
>>
File: fairy.png (180 KB, 684x1200) Image search: [Google]
fairy.png
180 KB, 684x1200
>>43564615
While bound?
>>
This all sounds like a great board game but as an RPG I think it's lacking.
>>
>>43560122

I disagree with your opinion so strongly that I'm tempted to call it wrong.
>>
If clothes damage is a system then it should be linked to a system for hiding important items in your clothes.

If you get recaptured and sent back you should lose your inventory unless it was properly hidden.
>>
>>43565312
I like this because it means you have to put your most valuable items in the clothing you'll lose last, eg your bra and panties.
>>
>>43564941
Why? Surely having the RPG narrative potential would make every game exciting?
>>
>>43565350
>Magic item: Panties of holding
>>
>>43565664
>Subspace Cleavage
>>
>>43565350
But don't your bra and panties already hold your most valuable things anyway?
>>
>>43565717
>Subspace Cleavage
>High-level feat
>No longer needing to hide things simply in your bra, there is a pocket dimension in your cleavage accessible when your breasts are pressed together, typically by snug clothing but other things like hands or restraints can work.
>You can hold up to 200 pounds of anything you can cram in between where are your breast touch
>Should you be wearing to loosely fitted clothes or simply go around topless, this pocket dimension and anything within it is inaccessible, additionally should something happen and you no longer have a sufficient mammaries for cleavage (such as some sort of magical or SCIENCE effect reducing your age or cup size), the pocket dimension and anything within it is inaccessible until this is remedied
>>
>>43543090
So it's the Princess Peach segments of Paper Mario?

That actually sounds pretty fun.
>>
File: nancydrew2.jpg (359 KB, 744x1000) Image search: [Google]
nancydrew2.jpg
359 KB, 744x1000
>>43541917
>>So besides a highly respectable and classic magical realm, what is the draw of this? The characters would essentially be helpless, and it seems like restricting player action is what every other game tries to shy away from.
I think the emphasis would be more on vulnerability rather than total helplessness. Ostensibly the damsels are escaping by themselves, or being rescued by their fellow party members, and ultimately triumphing in the end. A better example than Batman might be a lot of those pulp detective stories where the detective gets into trouble a lot.

Think of it as a high risk all Rogue's party. Only with genre conventions oriented towards capture to balance out the party being at a disadvantage, and encouraging comebacks rather than everyone getting wiped out.
>>
>>43566340
It's a sad commentary on a certain gamer perspectives and gaming conventions that we have to explain that, isn't it?
>>
>>43565358
I disagree, an RPG is not always going to be more fun than a board game and this consent feels like it would make a better board game. Also an RPG needs the GM and group to make the game work between them and as I don't see this as being a game that would be most groups regular system I can see it being seen as Maid wannabe with all the "that seems pervy, why do you want to play it" without the so crazy it doesn't matter but as a board game then there's a level of separation to stop that so people can relax more easily in their first game.
>>
>>43566608
*concept
>>
>>43566608
True, I hadn't considered that.
>>
I dunno about anyone else, but fuck justifying this as something beyond fetish fuel- for me it's 100% that and that's fine with me
>>
>>43566667
Agreed. Besides, if we accept it as lewd from the outset we'll get better rules, hopefully.
>>
So if all these princesses are so tightly tied up nd restrained for long periods of time, what happens when they need to use the bathroom?
>>
>>43568919

Either they get their chance to escape or they piss themselves. Depends on the captor.
>>
>>43568919
They don't because this is fantasy and shut up
>>
>>43568919
They gotta hold it, desperately squirming as the pressyre slowly builds up as they try to keep it in while trying to pry themselves out of their restraints (taking a penalty all the while) or they just have to face the facts and let it go, whimpering in humiliation, hoping their captor doesn't return before they get out and see them like this
>>
>>43568989
But the game possibilities.
>You escape but for the sake of your dignity the immediate goal is to find a bathroom in the villain's lair, because it's unrefined to compromise
>Penalties on all flexibility, intelligence and charisma checks that increase with time
>Inability to stay still adds more penalties to any attempt to hide

>Finally if you can't take it any more you either make a hide check somewhere suitable and do it there, or give up and wet yourself, ruining lower clothing and also any paper items hidden in your panties

>>43569227
This anon gets it.
>>
File: at a loss.jpg (52 KB, 343x356) Image search: [Google]
at a loss.jpg
52 KB, 343x356
>>43569353
>intelligence
>you get dumber for peeing yourself
yo how the fuck does that work?
>>
>>43569440
Before, not after.
If you really have to go then it's hard to do things involving memory, focus, or reasoning as well as you usually could.
>>
>>43569353
>This anon gets it.
Thanks

>>43569440
I think it's less peeing yourself and more focusing more and more on holding it in, though in all seriousness, this sort of thing should be up to the DM, an example of a penalty that could hit you if you're unable to escape for a while
>>
>>43569440
you get penalties while trying to hold it, it's damn distracting. IIRC they did a study and found that having to pee while driving was worse than being drunk.
>>
>>43569822
http://jalopnik.com/5904350/why-having-to-pee-while-driving-is-as-bad-as-drinking
>>
How would gags be used in this? I'm curious.
>>
>>43569975
To keep them from talking, presumably.
>>
>>43569995
Can't different types of gags have different effects and different volumes of sound?
>>
>>43569975
>>43570014
You would need to make the distinction between a useless movie gag (like a singe strip of tape over the mouth) an effective sexual gag (like a ballgag or something), and a proper, really effective muffling gag (as in, mouth stuffed with cloth, lots of secure layers to hold it in, clamp jaw shut and muffle sounds.)
>>
>>43570112
>like a singe strip of tape over the mouth
Actually if the strip is wide enough (bottom of the nose to the tip of the chin) and extends to both ears it can be effective.
>>
>>43570161
Yeah, but you also need stuffing and extremely large, wide and sticky tape.
>>
>>43569995
>>43570112
Having some persistent bondage that you can't get out of even when exploring is actually pretty interesting.

Some sort of locked blindfold will have obvious penalties.
Bound arms limit a lot of things you can do unless you make flexibility checks to do them with your feet.
A gag will stop you from being able to communicate information in-character.
>>
>>43570161
Does that work? I figured if you can breath you can still make some noise
>>
>>43569227
this anon gets it
>>
>>43570112
>>43570014
That game linked in the last thread had stats for gags- maybe something like that
Silence +2, Breath -1 etc
>>
>>43570112
>>You would need to make the distinction between a useless movie gag
I don't know if you strictly need to keep gag effectiveness 100% realistic. Light gags being effective isn't really more preposterous than chloroform being effective as a quick and safe way to knock someone out.
>>
>>43569353
>ruining lower clothing and also any paper items hidden in your panties

A clever heroine thinks concealing the secret papers in her skirts is a sure fire plan...

Her captors simply give her plenty of water before tying her up in a room with a dripping ceiling... or invite her for a friendly chat and tea in the fountain courtyard...
>>
File: CatHarleylvy1.jpg (148 KB, 1096x994) Image search: [Google]
CatHarleylvy1.jpg
148 KB, 1096x994
I was active in the last thread, but I'm back now. Now, on combat, I like the notion of a fast and furious system for resolution.

When a Kidnapper wants to deal with a Damsel, he has several options. In each of these, it is a simple resistance check versus the Damsel's relevant attribute. No HP, no drawn out combat. This way, the combat is very dangerous for the Damsels, necessitating the need for them to prioritize stealth.

>Gun/Knife: Check versus Wilillpower/Resolve (We need a stat for this)
Damsel loses roll: She surrenders.
Damsel wins roll: She is free to try and run away.

>Chloroform: Badguy checks versus the Damsel's Fortitude.
Damsel loses, she faints.
Damsel succeeds, she resists the drug and can make a run for it.

And so on and so forth. As for the classes, I have an idea in the next post of mine.

>>43558481
MUH DICK

>>43558576
I figure we could work out the other fetishes in the expansions if we finish the core game first. Core game being, in my opinion, rules for bondage, snooping, sneaking and some very basic combat.

>>43559843
>>43560122
You know, when you said "Old Batman show" I assumed it was TAS: Because fuck me, Catwoman was delicious.

>>43566271
I approve of this.
>>
File: Put_a_Cork_in_It_by_HeartGear.jpg (460 KB, 1569x1542) Image search: [Google]
Put_a_Cork_in_It_by_HeartGear.jpg
460 KB, 1569x1542
>>43575209
Now, regarding the classes, I think they should not only determine your attribute points, but they should also each have a unique feat.

>Action Girl
Can instantly KO a baddie if she is undetected. Ie, sneak attack (Other Damsels need a Flexibility check).

>Rich Girl
Can instantly get the party into any social event of note (Other Damsels need to check Charisma with a relevant penalty)

>Bookworm
Can instantly hack any computer or other hi-tech system.

>Snoop Scoop
Is automatically Stealthed so long as she has not done anything noteworthy (Such as taking photos of a criminal gang's evil plan)

>>43564350
>>43564363
>>43564615
I have just the picture for that.
>>
>>43575209
>TAS
Yessss delicious Catwoman.
>>
>>43575268
Why does malon look scared?
>>
File: catharley2kp0.jpg (115 KB, 910x700) Image search: [Google]
catharley2kp0.jpg
115 KB, 910x700
>>43575775
Always.

>>43576963
I think she's more concerned about them airholes.
>>
>>43571848
And persistent locking bondage on every body part sounds like a very fun bad end!

>>43574217
True. I just like muh realism to a degree, but I suppose exceptions would have to be made for chloroform.
>>
File: m7hodBt.jpg (83 KB, 1142x1387) Image search: [Google]
m7hodBt.jpg
83 KB, 1142x1387
>>43577104
Perhaps we could fit more realistic rules into an optional expansion? Base package is pulp-tier, then expansions either make it more realistic or, say, more fantasy.
>>
>>43577321
Could be fun, yeah.
>>
>>43575268
I'm not sure if 'you can bypass a check you would usually need to make' is a good idea, because means you can actually dump the stat your class is most associated with.
>Bookworm dumps INT and can still hack everything
>Rich girl dumps CHA and still autowins social challenges (How often do you need to get into a social event when you're trying to escape a villain's lair anyway?)

I think they should be more along the lines of
>Roll a check with [attribute your class is most tied to] ; success allows you to do something unique that other classes flat out can't do, even with a check
>>
>>43577726
>How often do you need to get into a social event when you're trying to escape a villain's lair anyway?
Flirting and deceiving guards, getting the other girls to stop fighting and so on and so forth.
>>
File: 1348502217209.png (18 KB, 195x200) Image search: [Google]
1348502217209.png
18 KB, 195x200
>>43577886
So this one would be the most susceptible to gags? Like, locking gags?
>>
>>43577886
That's solving a social problem, not 'getting into a social event of note'.

And even if you go by that definition then it's an even bigger reason for the rich girl to just dump CHA because she auto-wins anything you'd use CHA for.
>>
>>43575268
Give a "core attribute level" of like 14 the player can opt to override their rool/purchase with to prevent core stat dump, as these stats can be used for other things.

Stars Without Number did it, things were OK there.
>>
>>43577726
>>43575268
Some ideas for unique class perks. I agree that they should be something that the other classes can't even try to achieve.

>Action Girl
Can use firearms (if damsels are otherwise incompetent), allowing for the arrest of unaware enemies

>Rich Girl
Can procure very expensive or rare items. Invitations, special transportation etc.

>Bookworm
Always knows where to get a piece of information even if she can't access it herself.

>Snoop Scoop
Can improve the reputation of the party or prevent some reputation loss from failures.
>>
>>43579093
But where would some of those come in handy?

I'm imagining that a whole game in this setting takes place in a single villain's lair, and the game ends once you get significantly far or be rescued.

If you're in a situation where you can get special transportation, firearms, access the nearest library, or have the public be aware of your failures, you're probably not currently in distress.

I also think they should be things the other classes can't do, though.
>>
>>43569353
>>Penalties on all flexibility, intelligence and charisma checks that increase with time
>>Inability to stay still adds more penalties to any attempt to hide
These also work as penalties for being too aroused.
>>
>>43580844
Generally I think being aroused increases your charisma, up to a point.

But yes, I think we should have a better mechanical distinction between the two.
>>
>>43579274
Presumably there will also be some investigation and build-up before the damsels end up captives of the main villain. Even then, the villain might have books, computers, weapons or vehicles that can be used.
>>
>>43582704
>investigation and build-up before the damsels end up captives
Will there be? That's not really the impression I got at all.
>>
>>43582757
Well, if you were running it as part of a campaign surely there would be at lease some build up? That's what makes the bondage and the peril and the lewds later on all the sweeter.

>Gang gets together to investigate some criminals.

>Bookworm researches their business fronts and gets blueprints of the villain's lair.

>Snoop tails enforcers around and cases the place.

etc

Until they attempt to break in and sabotage the place. Of course, they'll most likely end up caught.
>>
>>43572687
I've fapped to enough gag porn to learn yes it does
>>
>>43583639
having both been gagged and gagged many people, it's not that effective and those girls are acting.
That said, it doesn't do nothing at all, definitely does muffle speech a bit
>>
Bump for fetishes
>>
>>43584446
shouldn't the game operate by fetish logic?
>>
>>43543090
>>43560433
>>43566297
Reminds me this comic I saw once. I don't know what the basic plot premise is, but Samus gets kidnapped and tries to escape, but if she dies during the attempt, she just respawns with more bondage.

http://heartgear.deviantart.com/gallery/37981095/Systems-of-Entertainment if you're interested
>>
I dunno, the idea of stealth, exiting rather than entering dungeons, and sneaking past the dragon as he sleeps is fine and dandy and all, but at the same time, the origin and pictures keep making me think I'd never play it with actual people. And I've mastered Maid RPG several times over.

But, to provide something more constructive than just "I dunno man". I was thinking secondary objectives could be neat. It's a plot design bit, but, rather than escaping outright, doing things like place stealthy warnings, disabling traps, and overall make life easier for the hero that saves you in the end... Or even just manage to sneak by a message outside to warn your prince charming would be interesting, and make regular returns to the starting point less frustrating. Like, sure, you got re-captured and now your hands are tied behind your back rather than in front of you, but at least you got some shit done.

The difficulty isn't how good the monsters are, it's how incompetent the hero is in the end.
>>
>>43586264
>Maid RPG
l-link
>>
>>43586339
It's not a /tg/ homebrew, it's something legit that's been translated in english some time ago. So the .pdf isn't on 1d4chan or anything, but it can most likely be found with a bit of searching in the right place. Which I won't do for you because I'm lazy or some shit.

The main appeal of that game is that it's whacky and fun, and it demands very little preparation since even character creation is random.
>>
>>43579274
>>43582704
>>43582757
>>43582799
Well, I really don't know since there hasn't been much discussion about the scope of the game. I just assumed there would be more to it than the immediate dangerous situations.
>>
>>43586097
Samus is the kind of girl I don't like seeing not kicking ass
>>
>>43586264
I agree with that.
After we're solid on the rules we can come up with some template campaigns that provide a range of challenges and goals.
>>
>>43586264
>>43586446
Y'know, with the random addition of Maid as a source of inspiration, what about a game where the damsel has various secondary objectives that involve tip-toeing around the villain and their lair?

Generate a dungeon they're being captured in, generate a villain, and then generate damsels that have to wait for their respective heroes. However, instead of having the plan be "to escape" or "to strike back" the Damsels might have other goals like making sure the Dark Lord stays happy and calm enough not to just throw his level 100 minions at the heroes, doesn't get angry and tie the damsels up someplace where they can't do their things, etc.

Something where the point is to curry favor with said dark lord to not get thrown into the really bad prisons, so that you can use said favors to cause random events like in Maid, only in this it would be events that aid your hero or give you more freedoms.
>>
File: other creeps.gif (678 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
other creeps.gif
678 KB, 500x213
>>43566533
Hardly. Adventurers in a freeform game can go do whatever, from slaying the dragon to defrauding the kingdom. I've heard players take serious issue with railroading not as a meme tier "you aren't letting me do what I say" but as a legitimate concern. I don't like it when I play.

The game does seem to have a more narrow focus though, so I guess you know what you are signing up for and how it is intended to be played. In that respect at least, it seems more confined in playstyle, like a board game.
>>
File: 1388686832835.gif (708 KB, 240x245) Image search: [Google]
1388686832835.gif
708 KB, 240x245
>>43586097
>Heartgear
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.