[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Devil Summoner: New Cycle Quest #5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 9
File: Title New Cycle.jpg (143 KB, 1200x803) Image search: [Google]
Title New Cycle.jpg
143 KB, 1200x803
Previous threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Devil%20Summoner%20London%20Quest
Character sheet: http://pastebin.com/4keHKgX4
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MolochQM

This is the other world, the frozen world where demons reign supreme. You've been here before.

Not this exact place – this dismal, lonesome prison where unknown numbers of humans have languished before being spirited off to their eventual fate – but the world itself. You came here before, by accident, and you only left through a happy convenience. Now you returned, deliberately, and you need to leave by any means possible. It's just a shame that you don't have any of those potential means available to you right now.

Your name is Mia Vespucci, and you're starting to wonder if this was a bad idea.

No, it was a good idea. You got important information out of this, information that you might have missed if you had waited. Not just information, but a new servant as well – Lilim, a little devil with an apparent talent for spying. Well, when she's not busy getting caught, that is – unless getting caught was part of her plan?

“Of course!” Lilim laughs nervously, “Hehe... heh... So, um, you've got a way out of here, right?”

...Of course you do.
>>
>>43538811

“You do?” Cassandra asks softly, “I suppose you've got the advantage over me in this case. I'll follow your plan, then.”

Right... the plan. You clear your throat before explaining, awkwardly, that you were just planning to wander about until you found someone willing to help. That's what worked before, right?

“I see,” Cassandra nods after a hesitant pause, “Well, it DID work the last time.”

She's right, you admit to yourself, it's a terrible plan. Until Amelia finishes that “project” she was working on, however, you don't have any better ideas. Frankly, you're not even sure if you're willing to put all your trust in the temperamental deity – after what she did to Joseph, you just can't look at her the same way – or any of her plans. This isn't some grand act of rebellion, you tell yourself, it's just being pragmatic. Keeping your options open, just in case something bad happens.

You shake off your gloomy thoughts to see Cassandra looking at you, her face fixed in an expression of mild curiosity. With a strange feeling of guilt, you turn away from her and start to march off towards what you assume to be the exit. The rest of the prison, at least is deserted – not a single guard or prisoner in sight. The scale of the place staggers you though, with endless corridors lined with locked cells. Just how many luckless souls did this place hold once, in its prime? You couldn't begin to guess, and quite frankly, you're not sure you want to know.

Down endless flights of stairs and strangely curved corridors – how do they curve in a building with straight walls? - you eventually find yourself out in the open streets. Just like last time, everything lies under a thick blanket of snow while the iron grey sky churns above with heavy clouds. The bitter wind bites into your exposed cheeks and you shiver, flinching against the harsh weather. Time to move, you say quietly to yourself.
>>
File: Cassandra (Before Haircut).jpg (51 KB, 585x720) Image search: [Google]
Cassandra (Before Haircut).jpg
51 KB, 585x720
>>43538819

“This is different,” Cassandra remarks as you trudge through the snow, trying to stick to the shallow parts as much as possible, “I mean, it wasn't like this last time, I don't think. At least, I don't remember it this way. The sky was... red, wasn't it?”

You really couldn't say. Despite what Amelia told you – that you lived, for a while at least, in the same ruined world that Cassandra knew – you have no memory of that life. The only thing you remember, aside from the vague familiarity that Joseph wore about him like a shroud, was your death. Even that, now you think about it, isn't much of a memory – it's more of a sensation, a lingering trauma that surfaces whenever you sleep. Maybe now that you've met Amelia for yourself, things will start to come back to you, but...

“There,” Cassandra says suddenly, pointing to a light in the gloomy distance. A warm light, the kind of rich orange glow that can only mean fire. It might not help you get home, but the thought of taking shelter from the bitter chill lends fresh strength to your footsteps. Cassandra follows close behind you as you lead the way, carving a path through the deep snow towards the light. Then, as the building itself looms high above you, her steps slow. You carry on for a few paces before realising.

“I...” Cassandra murmurs, her voice nevertheless reaching you clearly. She pauses, looking up at the church before you both, and shudders slightly. “I don't want to stop here. I think we should try somewhere else.”

What? But it's right here! It looks so nice inside – warm and dry! Does she know something you don't?

“I don't know,” Cassandra rubs her temple, wincing slightly, “Maybe it's nothing...”

>Take a look inside the church
>Cassandra's right. Don't stop here
>>
>>43538827
>>Take a look inside the church
>>
>>43538827
"We'll bug out if something's up okay?"
>>
>>43538827
If there's something we need to fight, we'll face it head on.

Whether it be angels or illusions, they'll have information we can take.
>>
>>43539003
and that's all from me, gotta go to sleep.

I'm guessing it's Gabriel, and she actually will be nice about it, whether or not we fight her.
>>
>>43539038
If it is she'd wreck us right now.
>>
>>43538864
>>43538887
>>43539003

Well... if there IS something wrong, you can just run away, you suggest, can't you? Then, before waiting for Cassandra's answer, you hurry towards the church and the siren song of the warmth it offers. The door is heavy and slick with melting snow, forcing you to throw the weight of your entire, small body into the act of pushing it open. Grunting with the effort, you slowly feel the door give way and grind open. Closing it again... that's something you might leave till later. If you need to leave in a hurry, you'd rather not run straight into a closed door.

Inside, even with the cold draft blowing through the ajar door, the church is blissfully warm and light. Countless candles adorn virtually every surface, some burning and some not, and the air is rich with the scent of some strange perfume. It takes a long time before your eyes are drawn to the lone figure in the room but when you do see her, you have to wonder why it took you so long. Even a glance at her back is enough to catch your attention.

The flowing white dress she wears parts at the back to reveal the graceful line of her spine but, either side of that slight ridge, her smooth flesh is marred by a pair of ravaged wounds. Her flesh is raw in those two places and you can even spot the faint white of bone beneath the glistening layer of blood. Something was ripped from her back, leaving that gruesome display.

“Cassandra,” the woman says softly, turning to reveal a serene face that contrasts sharply with her wounded form, “I never thought we'd meet again, so soon. But you,” the woman kneels down here to look into your eyes, her voice reaching your ears like a gentle melody, “I don't know you.”
>>
>>43539150
Fuck she is still injured? Time dilation? Angels take a long time to heal? YHVH didn't heal her? Questions...
>>
File: Gabriel.jpg (781 KB, 1864x2612) Image search: [Google]
Gabriel.jpg
781 KB, 1864x2612
>>43539150

Mia, you say, speaking your name in a whisper, somehow unwilling to shatter the atmosphere in this sacred place. Strange – you've never felt that way before about a church. Bricks and mortar, that's what Marco called them, no different from a bank. Now though, you feel like an invader. No, worse than that, you feel like you're polluting this place with your presence.

“Mia,” the woman remains on her knee, but puts her hand on your shoulder. Her grip is... warm. Comforting. “I am Gabriel,” she tells you, “And you have nothing to fear in this place.”

“You,” Cassandra is finally able to speak, gasping out the word, “We did... we did something terrible to you, didn't we?”

“There were many terrible things done, by man and angel both,” Gabriel gives you both a sad smile, “I regret much of what transpired, but I hold no grudge. We were both on paths that we could not diverge from, tied up in our own fates. This time though, perhaps things will be different.”

“Mia,” Cassandra says, her voice brittle and fearful, “Get away from her. We need to leave. We NEED to leave!”

But... You look between Cassandra and the woman – the angel? - and bite your lip indecisively. You can sense Cassandra's fear, but you have no idea why she would feel that way. Gabriel is... kind, you can sense that as well. Maybe even kind enough to send you back to the human world!

“No!” Cassandra groans, before raising a hand to her temple, “What did we DO to you? Why can't I remember?”

Biting your lip hard enough to taste blood, you look back and forth between the two women, struggling to reach some kind of decision. Cassandra has gone beyond fear, her mind caught up in some distress. She can't stay here, but is she really in a fit state to flee?

>Ask Gabriel for help. Plead, if you need to
>Try and flee with Cassandra
>Try and get everyone to calm down
>Other
>>
>>43539208
"Cass focus on the now for right now. Take a deep breath."
>>
>>43539208
Cassandra, she said she held no grudge. I doubt an angel can straight up lie like that. Gabriel what happened that has Cassandra so terrified?
>>
I remember Gabby's death hitting both Amelia and Cass pretty hard. Enough to question if what they were doing was right for a minute.
>>
>>43539395
Yeah. Cass freaking out is valid, but we don't know that IC.
>>
>>43539250
>>43539271

Everyone needs to stay calm and focus, you repeat that to yourself – ironically, that act alone is the only thing keeping you from losing your composure – and rush to Cassandra's side. Holding tight onto her arm, you urge her to focus, not on the memories that she is reaching for but the here and the now. She isn't back there, in her old world, she's HERE – standing in a church with you. That is what's real, nothing else. Just... breath.

When Cassandra's breathing returns to something approaching normality, you let go of her arm. Shakily, she lets herself drop down into one of the pews and lets out a long, slow sigh. “I'm okay,” she assures you, in a voice that can barely be heard, “I... I should be the one taking care of you, not the other way around.”

Well, you can take care of each other, can't you? Besides, you say as you slide into the pew to sit at Cassandra's side, Gabriel said she held no grudge. Can angels really just lie like that?

Cassandra laughs, although it is a hollow laugh, at that. Taking that as a sign that she is, if not better, at least well enough to be on her own for a moment, you rise and ask Gabriel exactly what happened. Just why is Cassandra so terrified?

“These wounds,” Gabriel explains slowly, turning to give you another look at her back. It's hardly necessary – the image of those ragged gouges is still fixed in your mind – but she does so anyway. “It was Cassandra and her friend, the new master of this cycle. We fought, and I lost. It was not a... clean end to things. I would not blame anyone who witnessed it for sealing away the memories.”
>>
>>43539504

Except it wasn't Cassandra who sealed them away, you think to yourself, was it? You've seen what Amelia can do, flooding Joseph's mind with every bad thing he ever did. Could she do the reverse, editing out bad memories? If so, was it an act of kindness or an attempt at rewriting history, making herself look good?

Speculation, you remind yourself, won't get you anywhere – not right now, at least. Questions are not the important thing – answers are. Plus, getting home again. It's with a certain stunned amusement that you realise that you had forgotten all about that. True, you had other things on your mind, but...

“Cassandra,” Gabriel says calmly, “None of us can change the past. We all live with our mistakes and misfortunes. Don't let them drag you down. I wish you neither of you any harm. In fact, I would help you... within reason.”

>We need to get home
>We're looking for a friend of ours. A human, taken by slavers
>Won't your wounds ever heal?
>Other
>>
>>43539517
>We need to get home

First two are important and I'm curious about the third one.
>>
>>43539517
Isn't there magic for that?
>>
>>43539517
>We need to get home
>What are you and the other three doing this time around?
>>
>>43539624
>>What are you and the other three doing this time around?
The meta, it burns
>>
>>43539517
>We need to get home

When we get back we are going to have to have a private chat with Amelia regarding her possibly sealing away some parts of peoples memories.
>>
>>43539517
>We need to get home
>Are you really an angel?
>>
>>43539695
>>43539662
>>43539624
>>43539606
>>43539542

Within reason, huh? You're not sure you like the sound of that – it seems to carry the implication that you might have to work for your help, or she could withdraw the offer at any time. Still, you won't pass up an opportunity like this, to gather some information from a friendly local. You're looking for a friend of yours, you explain, omitting some of the more complicated details. He's human, possibly taken by a group of slavers. From the prison, some distance from here?

“The Shackle,” Gabriel nods, “That's what they call themselves. They pillage and plunder this world, enslaving both humans and demons. Of course, humans are far harder to find in this place, so they use tricks and lures to draw their prey. You've been to their prison already, then?”

You nod, suppressing a grimace at the memory of that bleak place. Bad enough walking through its halls. If you'd actually been locked up there...

“Then if your friend wasn't there, hmm,” Gabriel thinks for a moment, “The auction block. But then, I don't know where that is. For some reason,” she smiles slightly as she says this, “I've never been welcome there. They keep a rather exclusive operation. Invitation only, most of the time.”

Not exactly the news you were hoping to hear. Confirmation, perhaps, that Leon and Marco have been moved on, but precious little else to go on. You sigh heavily and try to focus on moving forwards. If one avenue is closed to you, try another – that was another thing Marco liked to say, stressing the importance of versatility. It might be best, perhaps, to know exactly what Gabriel is capable of doing. Your first question is one you ask with a child's innocence – is she really an angel?

Gabriel laughs slightly at that, covering her mouth with a demure hand. “I am,” she answers, “Once, I was among the Lord's chosen few.”
>>
>>43539831

Oh, well that's...

Once?

“My heart is devoted to Him,” Gabriel tells you sadly, “But I fear He does not welcome that devotion. My failure, my... inability to deliver His will, has reduced my status in His eyes.”

Is that why those wounds don't heal, you find yourself asking before wincing at your blunt question, won't they ever heal? You try to imagine living like that, with a pair of open wounds flanking your spine, and shudder.

“To remind me of my failure,” Gabriel says, the sadness in her voice only growing deeper, “And to teach me humility. Perhaps one day, when I have atoned for my sins, He will allow them to be healed.”

Oh... you look around awkwardly, not quite sure what you can say to that. Good luck with that, perhaps? From behind you Cassandra clears her throat, the delicate sound snapping you out of your gloomy thoughts. Um, you might need her help with something, actually. You need to get home, back to the human world, and you're not really... capable of doing that on your own. Is that something she can do?

“I have that small power, at least,” Gabriel assures you, “Do you wish to go now?”

You swap a glance with Cassandra, both of you nodding to each other. Yes, you tell Gabriel, you'd like to get out of here. As soon as possible, actually.

“It shall be so,” Gabriel holds her hands to her breast for a moment before offering them to you, a small white flower blossoming there. “Before you leave though, take this small gift. You have goodness in your heart, Mia, and I would not see that light snuffed out so easily.”

You look at the flower she offers to you and start to reach out for it before you stop, hand frozen in mid air. Maybe.. maybe this isn't such a good idea.

>Take Gabriel's gift and return to the human world
>Refuse the gift and return to the human world
>Other
>>
File: 1445460955329.gif (2 MB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
1445460955329.gif
2 MB, 500x417
>>43539831
>Once
I wonder who is now...
>>
>>43540033
What does it do Gabriel?
>>
>>43540033
>Refuse the gift and return to the human world
Alright Mia, I'll follow your instinct here.

"Thank you, but I feel the less I bring from your world to mine the better. I'll be okay, I have people looking out for me."
>>
>>43540117
>>43540033
I'll go with this.

Man I always feel bad for Gabby. I think is genuinely trying to help in her own way and genuinely cares for people, but she is on the 'Fuck Free Will' side.

I'd play a Law Quest where you and her try to reform Heaven's stance on humans.
>>
>>43540033
>>Take Gabriel's gift and return to the human world
>>
>>43540154
>>43540117

Maybe you're just being paranoid, but this seems entirely too good to be true. She's willing to help, and you're glad of that, but you're not sure you should be taking things from strangers. It might very well be a generous gift, or it could be a curse in disguise. What if you took it, only to prick your finger on a poisonous thorn?

Now that IS paranoid. Who would do that, going around poisoning random objects?

You thank Gabriel for her offer, in the most polite voice you can muster, but then you tell her that you have to refuse it. You're trying to get everything sorted out, keeping the humans on the human side of the wall and the demons on the demon side. The less you take from this world back to your own, the better. You'll be okay though, you stress, you've got people looking out for you! Friends, even!

“I understand,” Gabriel says sadly, “So few, in this world, are willing to trust the Lord. Men were made bitter in this cycle, born with cynicism in their hearts. I wish I could say that I'm surprised by this.”

“Made” bitter? You repeat that to yourself, your voice a low murmur, as Cassandra draws close behind you, her hand grazing against your own. When the two of you are connected, Gabriel places her hand upon your forehead, like a priest blessing a supplicant. When her divine flesh brushes against your own, you feel the world shudder and convulse around you, your stomach lurching as you return to your own world.

“You did the right thing,” Cassandra tells you as you shake your head until it feels clear. “I think... I think she offered me the same gift once. There would have been a catch, I'm sure of it.”

Maybe, you murmur, but your heart isn't in it.

>Cassandra, do you trust Amelia?
>We should hurry home. They need to know about this
>Do you have anything you want to tell me?
>Other
>>
>>43540033
>My failure, my... inability to deliver His will, has reduced my status in His eyes

Gabby is not officially on His side anymore. Let's not depress her further and accept the gift
>>
>>43540310
>“My heart is devoted to Him,” Gabriel tells you
She is, she just isn't high up on the ladder anymore.
>>
>>43540295
>>
>>43540295
>>Do you have anything you want to tell me?
>>
>>43540295
Then
>We should hurry home. They need to know about this

I want a 1 on 1 with Amelia regarding this stuff with the memories before we start tossing our suspicions on other people.
>>
>>43540295
>So few, in this world, are willing to trust the Lord

But why should they? YHVH has lost the whole creation aspect of his faith since the actual creation deity is lounging on the couch. Now hes just another demon thats a deity like Odin or Brahman.
>>
>>43540438
We trusted our demons, Moloch and Nebiros, so why not YHVH ?
>>
>>43540483
aside from the fact that he's a colossal dick that wants our head on a silver platter? (The irony of such is not lost on Him, believe me)
>>
>>43540483
Our demons were under pact and loyal to us.

Moloch was vouched for by Ose Hallel and we were still suspicious of him. During the fight he was under pact.

Nebrios was vouched for by Undine who was loyal to us at the time and we approached him out of necessity to get out for Forneus's service. Once he proved that we was all business we had a good working relationship.

YHVH and most of his ilk want to be worshiped and control humans. Humans worshiped him because they thought He made them. Now that thats proven false he just looks like another demon wanting power.
>>
>>43540340
>>43540346
>>43540356

You look at Cassandra for a long time, watching as she fiddles with anything she can touch – the collar of her coat, the ends of her short hair, anything like that – and decide that maybe, just maybe, she needs to get something off of her chest. Is there anything she wants to tell you, perhaps?

“Me?” she laughs a little. No, she forces a laugh. “I don't really know what you mean. It's just, uh, I mean, it's just strange being over there, isn't it? That side of the barrier, I mean...”

Right, of course. In that case, perhaps you should both hurry back to your place? The others should know about this, these recent developments. You've got some things you want to check up on as well, back there. Nodding eagerly, Cassandra almost immediately starts to walk off, fast enough that you have to hurry to keep pace. Although she starts quickly, her pace soon drops off – almost as though she was trying to avoid you.

Eventually, she gets tired of the constant back and forth and joins you at your side, clearing her throat to get your attention. So, she had something to say after all. How about that?

“I think,” she begins, before lapsing into silence. “I think that, um, I did something bad once,” she says eventually, “At a club, like the one we went to today. I said... I said something about that, didn't I?”

She DID say that something happened the first time she went clubbing, you agree, but then... but then Amelia stopped her. Made her drop the subject. That was the last you heard of it, until now.

“I shouldn't have said anything,” Cassandra says a moment later, in the tone of someone swallowing a bitter pill, “I need some time to think things through. I'm sorry, but can you deliver the news? I need to be alone for a while.”

Before you can say anything other than “uh”, Cassandra has fled, her white coat soon blending in with the light snowfall. You finish the journey back home on your own.
>>
>>43540600

When you enter, the sound of voices from within your home lifts your spirits somewhat. It's warm inside, and not just in terms of temperature. Joseph is speaking again – laughing even – as he plays cards with Elliot. The foppish young man has slung his tweed jacket across the back of his chair and rolled up his sleeves, revealing smooth hairless forearms. It's the closest thing to a casual outfit that you've ever seen him wear. Petra, meanwhile, prowls around the pair of them, occasionally looking at their cards and making exaggerated gasps, trying to irritate them both.

You could get used to this, you realise as you look around the busy room before you. If only there wasn't the possibility of the world ending looming over you, or the lingering suspicions that might yet tear your little gang apart. If not for those two little features, this might be a perfect scene, the kind of thing that you'd do anything to preserve.

Strange. How long have you known these people? You don't even have the luxury of past lives to fall back on – you just share a kind of kinship with them.

“I don't hear any cursing,” Amelia's voice calls out suddenly, “So I'm assuming that Leon isn't with you.” She appears a moment later, and nobody even looks round. Is this really routine now?

“So then,” Amelia asks, “Dead, or still missing?”

>We need to talk. In private
>Missing. I've got a lead to go on though
>Aren't you going to ask about Cassandra?
>Other
>>
>>43540692
"Missing, but..."
>>
>>43540692
>Aren't you going to ask about Cassandra?
>>
>>43540692
>>Aren't you going to ask about Cassandra?
>>
>>43540692
>We need to talk. In Private.
Amelia may not be omnipotent but she knows Cass enough to know she's prone to having crises of faith when things get crazy. She never goes round the bend, but we still need to offer her a chance to get her head on straight.

Especially after some of the shit we've seen.
>>
>>43540701
>>43540709
>>43540729
>>43540750

You left with Cassandra, and now you're returning alone. Isn't that a little odd, you ask isn't she going to ask about Cassandra?

“She's at home already,” Amelia says, with an alarming amount of indifference, “I tried talking to her about it, but she told me to ask you. I have no idea what she's doing now – probably spending some quality time with a tub of ice-cream and a book about Welsh mythology. Long story, don't ask.”

What.

“I just said don't ask, didn't I?” Amelia waves her hand, as if dismissing your independent thought, “Focus, Mia. Leon – dead or missing?”

Missing, you tell her in a petulant voice, but that's not the issue right now. You need to speak with her – in private.

“Missing? That's no good...” Amelia mutters, seemingly ignoring the second part of your request. You repeat it, louder this time, and wince as the others turn to look your way. So much for privacy. “Yes yes, I heard you. We all heard you,” Amelia frowns a little and then nods towards your bedroom. Impressive – she must have plucked the location right out of your mind. Matching her frown with one of your own, you climb the stairs and, once you reach your room, lock the door behind you.

“Cute room,” Amelia remarks, looking around. The sarcasm is obvious – you've got a bed, a desk and stacks of books. It could be a monk's cell, or something belonging to a particularly studious prisoner. “You know, when I was your age-”

This time, you refuse to let her dictate this conversation. You cut in, interrupting what could turn into a rambling speech. Your voice is hard, stronger than you've ever heard it, and you manage to surprise even yourself. No, can't let that break your flow. Frowning, you press onwards.

>What did you do to Cassandra? What have you done to all of us?
>Gabriel. What happened?
>I'm done with you. We are finished
>Other
>>
>>43540950
>Gabriel. What happened?
>Cassandra nearly died of heart failure just looking at her. No I'm not making this up. It's obvious SOMEONE fucked with her memory, Now spill.
>>
>>43540950
>>What did you do to Cassandra? What have you done to all of us?
>>Gabriel. What happened?
>>
>>43540950
>Other
"We met Gabriel. Cassandra freaked out, but wasn't sure what she did to the angel. Just like recently when she split off from me saying that she THINKS she did something bad when she went 'clubbing'. Also like when she THINKS you two did everything you could when you tried to help this Leon guy.

So I want you to be straight with me. Are you messing with people's memories?"

>Gabriel. What happened?
>>
>>43540950
>>What did you do to Cassandra? What have you done to all of us?
>>Gabriel. What happened?
>>I'm done with you. We are finished
>>
>>43540950
>What did you do to Cassandra? What have you done to all of us?
>Gabriel. What happened?
>>
>>43541179
>>43541164
>>43541060
>>43541008
>>43540989

Gabriel. You spit the name out, and feel a moment of spiteful pleasure as you watch Amelia's face fall. Whatever she had been expecting you to say, that hadn't been on the list. What happened? When Cassandra saw the angel, she almost had a panic attack – hell, she almost had a heart attack! What, you ask again, happened?

Amelia is silent for a long time, scowling hard as she thinks. “We had already beaten two Archangels by then. Two of God's chosen swords. We were both so... sure of ourselves. So fired up on our own sense of righteousness. We worked together for a time, us and Gabriel, and then we stabbed her in the back.”

You recoil slightly at the bitterness in Amelia's voice before rallying, forcing yourself to stand firm. Stabbed her in the back – literally?

“It was worse,” Amelia flexes one hand slowly, clenching and unclenching her fist, “I had her crippled, had her wings torn into bloody ribbons. She took it all without cursing me, either of us. In the end, I had her beheaded – a mercy killing. That's what happened. It was pointlessly brutal, and it was my fault.” A silence, then, before her voice takes on a weary note. “What did Cassandra think happened?”

She doesn't know WHAT she did, you tell Amelia, unable to keep a harsh note from your voice. She thinks she did something bad, just like she thinks she did something bad at some club – and how she thinks she did everything she could to save Leon. She thinks a lot of things, you snap, but she can't remember them. Someone has been messing with her memory – so you want Amelia to be honest. Was it her?

“Of course it was,” Amelia tells you with a sigh, “I... might have altered some of the memories she inherited. Please understand, it was done with the best possible intentions.”
>>
>>43541381

No way. She screwed around with her mind – and Cassandra is supposed to be her friend!

“You don't GET it!” Amelia snaps, “I went through it all, right there by her side. She wasn't always... tough. When we first met in the new world, she was delicate. Weak, if you want to call it that. If I dropped all those memories, all that blood and filth, on her at once, do you really think she'd survive? Do you think she'd want those memories?”

You open your mouth to respond, but this time Amelia is the one to cut you off.

“I gave her a more gentle version of some things. The worst moments we shared. Is that really such a bad thing?” the deity sighs, shaking her head, “I thought it was the right thing to do – that's the truth. Sometimes, it's hard to think like a human.”

You both fall into a lasting silence before you speak up, your voice a whisper. What, you ask, else did she do? Did she do something with your memory? What about mankind as a whole – did she put a curse in mankind's heart? Something to turn them away from God?

“Don't you dare,” Amelia snarls suddenly, “I'm God. ME. Don't talk to me about that... that pretender!”

So she did. She planted a seed of rebellion into mankind's heart.

For a moment, you feel certain that Amelia is about to strike you – to try, at least – but then she laughs, the sound coming out of her mouth in a broken lilt. “So,” she mutters, “This is how it starts, is it? I can't believe it – I never meant to end up like this. I spent so long trying not to intervene, to keep my hands clean, and this is how I end up?”

“If...” Amelia says softly, just before you can offer comment, “If you want to walk away, you've got every right. Maybe you should. But... I don't want you to. I think I need someone like you around. Someone who can keep me honest.”
>>
>>43541470
>Someone who can keep me honest.”
Exactly. We are in a unique position as being someone that lived in the Old Cycle but doesn't have preconceived notions/biases about Amelia, the others or demons in general.
>>
>>43541470

She's giving you an out, a chance to walk away – with no strings attached, you hope. It's tempting, you've got to admit. The urge to stand up and walk out – you'd have to walk out of your own room, your own house maybe – is strong, but... She might have a point. What would happen if you weren't around to keep an eye on her?

You glare at Amelia – this time, the deity offers no excuse or explanation – until there is a knock at the door. “Mia,” Petra shouts through the thick wood, “You like pizza, yes? Everyone does. I'm ordering in – you want some, yes?”

And that's another thing. You walk away from this, and you'll walk away from everyone. Elliot, Petra and Cassandra – even Joseph.

You walk away from your father. Your own damn father.

This sucks.

>I don't like this, but I don't have a choice. I'm in
>You need more than just me to keep you honest. Everyone else needs to know
>...Please rescue Marco. I can't help him. I need to walk away
>Other
>>
>>43541594
>>You need more than just me to keep you honest. Everyone else needs to know

and you need to apologize, to Cassandra. If you're so worried about her mental health give back to her slowly a bit at time, which is what you should have done in the first place.
>>
>>43541594
>>I don't like this, but I don't have a choice. I'm in
>>You need more than just me to keep you honest. Everyone else needs to know
>>
>>43541594
>I don't like this, but I don't have a choice. I'm in.
>Other: I'm disappointed in you, but I'm hoping you can do better.
>>
>>43541618
If Joseph was alright after a few hours, Cassandra should be too.
>>
>>43541594

"Cass is your friend right? She'll understand if you explain it to her like you did me."
>>
>>43541635
I think you are talking more from a player perspective with that Other.

Mia has only known her for a day and its not like Amelia has been an inspiring figure throughout.
>>
>>43541594
>I don't like this, but I don't have a choice. I'm in
>Help me find my father and I'll help you
>>
>>43541618
>>43541629
>>43541635
>>43541681
>>43541777

You don't really have much choice, do you? Marco is over there, in the other world, and you simply cannot accept the prospect of leaving him there. Even trusting his rescue to the others is just not a possibility. You don't like it much but, for now at least, you're in.

“I'm glad,” Amelia sighs, “We've got-”

BUT, you stress, she needs more than just you to keep her honest. Everyone else needs to know about this – especially Cassandra. She needs to apologise to Cassandra as well, and give her back those memories. Slowly, if it has to be that way, but the poor girl deserves to have her mind back – unchanged. Unaltered.

“Hell,” Amelia shakes her head in amazement, “You're fourteen, and a better haggler than I ever was. Better than I am now, frankly. Look... I'll tell everyone when we're all back together, okay? I don't want to explain this over and over again. Once is bad enough. That means, before we can do anything...”

“Mia!” Petra bellows, “Pizza!”

Oh bloody hell... Sighing, you shout an answer back to the redhead. Get whatever she likes, you yell. When you hear her heavy footsteps fading off into the distance, you return your gaze to Amelia. Please, you tell her, continue.

“Petra...” Amelia smiles to herself, a strangely tender smile, “But, ah, yes. Leon and Marco. Before we can do anything, we need those two.”

Convenient. You wanted her help in finding your father. It all works out, doesn't it?

“Life has a habit of working out,” Amelia says with the remains of that smile still lingering on her lips, “Why, if Cassandra hadn't been at that lecture when all this began...”

Sounds like a prophecy, you laugh – only forcing that laugh a little bit. At the sound of your joke, though, Amelia's eyes harden.
>>
>>43541991

“What was that?” she asks sharply. Not hostile, so much, but... alert. Like someone who has been granted a sudden revelation. “What did you say?”

Just a joke, you tell her hastily. That's what it sounds like though – fate, a prophecy, call it whatever she likes. Everything fell into place quite nicely. As you watch the other girl think, you wonder if you said the wrong thing – or, perhaps, the right thing.

“That gives me an idea, that's all,” Amelia tells you, a strange note of reservation in her voice. Not an idea she's prepared to share yet, apparently. “Go on, Mia. You deserve a rest – have fun with the rest of them. I need to have a good long talk with Cassandra. Maybe... maybe show her a few things. I just hope she's able to forgive me.”

Cassandra will understand, you tell Amelia, if she explains things properly, just like she told you.

“Understanding and forgiving are different things,” Amelia offers you a weary attempt at a smile, “Now go. Get out of your room.”

Jeez. Your face wavers between a scowl and a smile as you trek downstairs, before the sounds of cheerful conversation fixes it into a small smile. They're really having fun, aren't they? You made the right decision, you realise, by sticking around. There's something about your little group, the way they all look around at the sound of your footsteps and wave you over, that feels natural. It wouldn't be the same if you weren't here – you're certain of that.

“Mia dear!” Elliot calls out – you've never heard him raise his voice before. He's pretty... shrill actually. “Mia, I thought you'd gone to sleep up there – you kept us all waiting!”

Taking a seat at the table, you look around at the three of them. Petra, tapping her foot impatiently. Joseph, glancing between everyone like a born outsider. Elliot, flushed and giddy looking. What a bunch of fools.

>Speak with Petra
>Speak with Elliot
>Speak with Joseph
>>
>>43542291
>>Speak with Petra
>Speak with Elliot
>Speak with Joseph

get everyone talking.
>>
>>43542291
>>Speak with Joseph

Apologize to him for God being such a bitch and dumping all his memories on him at once. APPARENTLY THAT CAN KILL PEOPLE. God, God needs to get her act together.
>>
>>43542291
>>Speak with Joseph
>>
>>43542291
>Speak with Petra
>Speak with Elliot
>Speak with Joseph

Alright what card game were you playing? Deal me in.
>>
>>43542314
>APPARENTLY THAT CAN KILL PEOPLE
?
Where was that stated?
>>
>>43542358
>If I dropped all those memories, all that blood and filth, on her at once, do you really think she'd survive?

Hyperbole or not, Amelia knew what she was doing and gave it as rough and raw to Joseph as inhumanly possible.
>>
>>43542411
Yeah it wasn't literal, but she did fuck up with Joseph.

Understandable though. It would be hard to keep a cool head and see the innocent man of this cycle when the bastard nearly killed your father, twisted the remaining centers of humanity into abominations the she was forced to mercy kill, etc. etc.
>>
>>43542411
I think Moloch mentioned that she deliberately blurred his memories together or something like that

>gave it as rough and raw to Joseph as inhumanly possible.
Hue
>>
>>43542311
>>43542314
>>43542322
>>43542343

Now you think about it, this is probably the largest number of people you've spoken with at any one time. Probably the largest number of people you'd consider to be “friends” as well. That's... a little sad actually. As one outsider to another, you feel the need to talk with Joseph. You should probably straighten a few things out, as well.

“I DID know you from somewhere,” he tells you suddenly, before you can think of a way to start the conversation, “You lived with my... group for a while. It was safe there. Again, ah, for a while.”

For a while, you ask, then what happened?

“...I did,” Joseph tells you, his voice turning glum. The conversation seems to reach a natural end there, tapering off in a fairly unsurprising way.

To break the silence, you find yourself apologising on Amelia's behalf. Why you're the one to apologise, you're not quite sure, but you extend the hand of friendship anyway. She really shouldn't have done what she did, you tell him. Or... if she felt she had to, she shouldn't have done is so suddenly. So... harshly.

“Well,” Joseph laughs falteringly, a slight slur in his voice hinting at a fair amount of Elliot's brandy. So that's why he's loosened up so much. “I've done bad things, can't change that now, but I can try and do things right this time.”

“Couldn't really fuck it up any harder than you did before!” Petra adds, forcing her way into your conversation with a bang. A literal bang, in this case, as she pounds her fist into the table hard enough to cause the house of cards Elliot was building to collapse. As the foppish young man groans with dismay, Petra lets out a long and not entirely sober laugh.

Like you said. A bunch of fools – but you're one of them.
>>
>>43542469
>Yeah it wasn't literal
Still, if survive meant Cass would be mindbroken from the overwhelming amount of info, that's almost as bad as literally dying
>>
File: Fencesitting faggots.png (17 KB, 373x330) Image search: [Google]
Fencesitting faggots.png
17 KB, 373x330
I can forgive Amelia for almost everything she's done. But I can't forgive her for "planting the seed of rebellion in mankind's heart". Because it means she sculpted humanity to be an entire race of pic related.
>>
File: 1359318920794.jpg (111 KB, 500x580) Image search: [Google]
1359318920794.jpg
111 KB, 500x580
>>43542806
That made me laugh harder than it should.
>>
>>43542767

The rest of the evening – and most of the night – seems to fly past in a blur. At some point, a pizza is delivered – the kind of monolithic slab of grease and meat that makes your heart ache just by looking at it – and Petra takes a trip out to buy beer. Apparently, they've decided to make it a party, for no reason other than to celebrate life. Enjoy it while you can, or so they claimed.

You manage to survive, somehow, despite Petra's attempt at force feeding you her fast food. The protein, she insisted, your arms were like noodles. True enough, she probably could have broken your arm with a careless punch, but that's hardly the point. What the point actually IS, however, you couldn't really say. That sets the tone for most of the night – fooling around, in other words – until Amelia abruptly appears.

“It's done!” she announces, “I think I can send people through to the other world now – and I can bring them back! Now, who wants to take this thing for a test drive?”

All of a sudden, the room seems very silent. She... thinks she can do it?

“I'm kidding. No test flights tonight,” Amelia laughs sharply, and the rest of the group joins in, albeit in a more nervous way, “Tomorrow though, we're going to really need to focus. There's a lot that needs doing, and now that we've got the tools to do it...”

You can go looking for Marco, you finish for her. Perfect.

>I'm going to have to end there for tonight. I hope to have the next thread up on Tuesday, and I'll be lurking here for a while yet.
>>
>>43542945
Thanks for the run boss.

Gotta ask, were we being paranoid about Gabby's flower or did we avoid something?
>>
>>43542980

Gabriel's flower is a moderately powerful ward against Light attacks. However, it's one that she, Gabriel, could disable at any time. So in other words, she could make it wither during a crucial battle.
>>
>>43543010
I see. I couldn't decide whether it was just a flower/simple gesture, an artifact like it was, or (this is where I was really shadowrunning like a dumbass) a Law Trojan Horse into the human realm.

So is Mia shaping up to be sort of Amelia's right hand that will metaphorically slap her upside the head on occasion?
>>
>>43543065

I always imagined Mia as one of the only people willing to point out Amelia's bullshit that Amelia would be willing to pay attention to. Or, at the very least, ask all the difficult questions!
>>
>>43543148
I agree.

So are all the Archangels demoted? Even Metatron? Is a black winged asshole calling some of the shots now or was he on the failure list as well?
>>
>>43543010
Maybe Gabby wanted to be our ally again, and we messed it up.
>>
>>43543239
She's devoted to YHVH man. There's no way we could recruit her to our side. I remember we were bouncing the idea around to recruit Raph back in the day, but Moloch said the Archangels wouldn't go for that.

>>43543148
Unless something has changed in that Moloch
>>
>>43543196

The rest of the Archangels haven't been hit as hard as Gabriel was - she didn't fight with sufficient zeal, you see. They're all suffering, but Gabriel had most of her powers stripped away as punishment.

>>43543278
>>43543239

Well, Gabriel is in a different position this time around. However, she would be primarily motivated by getting her divinity restored - and she's still pretty Lawful!
>>
>>43543314
>However, she would be primarily motivated by getting her divinity restored

Well uh...Ose got his divinity restored by...well maybe somewhat drastic means. Pretty sure Gabby won't go for that though.
>>
>>43543314
Did Amelia and Cass have their talk yet or is she waiting till we get Leon and Marco?
>>
>>43543388
>Gabby devouring one of her fellow Archangels
Fuckin' brutal

But what's Mastema doing right now?
>>
>>43543065
that would actually be a good thing, now that you bring it up.

The thing about YHVH and Lucifer is that they both are peerless - there's no one above them or even remotely on their level. They make all the decisions and that's that, period, end of story.
Amelia is not like that - partially by her own design, but she doesn't have her own agenda that she blindly imposes on her ant farm. She just wants to keep things OUT and she only knows one way of doing that. She's going to keep using that one way of doing things even when it stops working because that's all she has. When all you have is a hammer, etc. etc.

Mia (and to a lesser extent, the entire posse) needs to be able to point out when her normal approach won't work - so when Amelia and her hammer encounter a screw, we either need to give her a screwdriver, or find a way to make it a nail.
>>
>>43543428

Amelia had a special chat with Cass, since she's been the target of most of Amelia's meddling. The majority of the issue will be later, for the whole gang.

>>43543457
>But what's Mastema doing right now?

Being trustworthy, of course! He's not exactly top dog yet, but he's scraped together a bit more favour from the man upstairs. Of course, Law isn't the force it used to be
>>
>>43543512
Pretty much.

Oh yeah. I found these years ago and thought I should share with you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eavZH34HxYQ (3:47 - 4:47 muh dick)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGrruEsrACs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJBHXYF-p6o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saKXU-hjGJ8
>>
>>43543579
Did Cass forgive or does she still need time?
>>
>>43543579
Why can I see Mastema whispering plots into Gabby's ears with promises of restoration in order to get what he wants? If Gabby flipped to Amelia's side what would happen?
>>
>>43543579
You think its possible to make Gabby 'fall' to our side of thinking? Not unlike Lucifer in a sense, but less Hell and more being an angel of Amelia that protects people without robbing them of their free will.
>>
>>43543676
>>43543579
Like shit, if Gabby saw how Cass handled those three regular angels what would she think?
>>
>>43543612

She was hurt, mainly because she felt Amelia didn't trust her enough to deal with the painful stuff, but she understood Amelia's reasons.

>>43543676
>>43543696

It might be possible to sway Gabriel around to a more neutral point of view, but it would require a degree of acceptance on her part. Accepting a loss of power and divinity, in other words. On the other hand...

>>43543638

She might have Mastema making all kinds of promises. Although, like with any demon, she'd be loyal once a contract was signed. At the very least, she wouldn't actively rebel
>>
File: CuHach.png (629 KB, 1027x767) Image search: [Google]
CuHach.png
629 KB, 1027x767
>>43543579
These two showing up soon?
>>
>>43543754

Well, there's a lot more scope for exploration now, and they'll be in the fairy kingdom. Depends on where we decide to go next!
>>
>>43543789
>Depends on where we decide to go next!
Probably wherever Leon and Marco are.

Demon Summoning Spec Ops enacting Search and Rescue. Is the whole team going this time?
>>
>>43543789
>fairy kingdom
>Carnby will likely be there

Oh, this is going to end very awkwardly isn't it?
>>
>>43543754
Scathach, the only entity I know that can pull off the cloak, bikini and wide brimmed hat, and not be considered a total slut or chuuni.

also dem thighs

>>43543789
Hear anything from leon's fiancé?

>>43543859
very possibly if he's still alive after all this time.
>>
>>43543859
Unfortunately Carnby probably already passed on unless we got some serious time dilation. What we will see for sure is his legacy and mark on the fairy kingdom as its king for a time.
>>
File: CuHach.jpg (152 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
CuHach.jpg
152 KB, 1280x960
>>43543867
Have a better picture. I posted the shitty one I haven't deleted yet.
>>
>>43543881
Unless he turned into a demon like how Cern claimed to be a human before he took his title as Horned God.
>>
>>43543881
The fairy world is in a constant cycle of death and rebirth - we saw that with Oberon. I can't be sure since Carnby was human, but hell...weirder shit's happened.
>>
>>43543851
>Is the whole team going this time?

Depending on what happens, it might be prudent to split up into teams, possibly pairs.

>>43543867
>Hear anything from leon's fiancé?

She's been mysteriously quiet, in fact!

>>43543859

Awkward? What could possibly be awkward about it? I can't imagine!
>>
>>43543972
>Awkward? What could possibly be awkward about it? I can't imagine!
Titania is the Deity of Creation's stepmom. I think Amelia would just laugh at the absurdity at that point.
>>
>>43544005
>Titania know everything that happens in her domain
>Invites Amelia and Petra to a "family dinner"
>>
>>43543972
>She's been mysteriously quiet, in fact!
She's totally a demon going incognito isn't she? I swear if its Lilith Amelia is going to pun- wait shit she is incorporeal.

Eh just have Petra do it, she'd be more than happy to.
>>
>>43544222

She's definitely a demon between the sheets!

I do like the idea of Lilith showing up again just to get immediately dunked on though
>>
>>43544319
Random thought. If we brought Gabby before Amelia and Amelia apologized for what happened in the last cycle would that strike a chord with Gabby?

Like the actual God of Creation of this cycle being humble enough to apologize to someone like her?
>>
>>43544432

That would certainly help. Compare the idea of Amelia apologizing with what God did, leaving Gabriel with two open wounds for not fighting hard enough. A little humility can go a long way!
>>
>>43539150
>>43539208
called it
>>
>>43544598
You definitely did.
>>
>>43544476
I'm actually pretty down for this whole 'Recruit Gabby' thing.

It'll have to happen way later though I think. We first got to make sure us and ours are all settled and on the same page before we start bringing in stray Archangels.
>>
WAIT Moloch, weren't you cooking up a new quest idea? Are you pitching it here or in wqdt?
>>
>>43544799
Pretty sure she'd be the only one we could bring in since she was the most reasonable and fell the farthest.
>>
>>43544835
Yeah I agree. Uriel and Michael would still be super angry. Raph...very doubtful but I guess we need to see his temperament first.
>>
>>43544815

I have an idea - and a certain amount of prepared notes - but I've decided against running anything else at the moment. I don't want to take on too much at once in case I start slipping.

The idea, though, was Pauper Knight Quest. Playing as a knight in a recently impoverished kingdom, trying to scrape together money and respectability. I felt like trying something low fantasy.

>>43544835
>>43544859

The other Archangels are still pretty damn salty!
>>
>>43544891
>The idea, though, was Pauper Knight Quest. Playing as a knight in a recently impoverished kingdom, trying to scrape together money and respectability. I felt like trying something low fantasy.

Neato. Yeah I'd advise running multiple quests at once. Splits the focus and I've seen people get burned out quickly. That said though when you do run it I'd give it a read. Hell you're one of the few QMs that actually finished a quest. That gives some cred.

>The other Archangels are still pretty damn salty!
Do the other angels pick on Raph for not killing Amelia when he had the chance?
>>
>>43544953

The other angels pick on Uriel by stealing his dark glasses and kicking away his cane

Angels are jerks - who knew?
>>
>>43544993
I laughed but man did YHVH really leave Uriel blinded?
>>
>>43545013

Uriel is blind - still dangerous though. Michael lost an arm. Raphael, at least, only lost some of his guts!

All to give them that little extra "motivation" to try harder this time!
>>
>>43545069
God (heh) damn. YHVH is a shitty boss.
>>
>>43545069
Is Metatron intact at least? Do we get to see some angels from the Torah, or the Quran this time around? Maybe its time for some Muslims to prove to Allah that they're more competent than those stupid Christian angels.
>>
>>43545069
Hows Lucifer taking things?

"Eh no big guys, they were stronger so they win, we'll just try again next cycle?"
>>
>>43545157

I'm probably going to include some more angels this cycle. The exact ones I include depends, really, on whether I can find some good art.

>>43545207

He's not started leaving limbs off yet, so he's a better boss in that regard. That said, the devils Amelia beat last cycle were busted pretty far down the hierarchy, so they've got something to prove as well
>>
>>43545259
Was Moloch in deep shit for helping us kill Beelz?
>>
>>43545259
Oh yeah. Lucy and YHVH had no idea about the Outsider. It was such an alien idea that something is higher than them that they couldn't entertain it.

What do they think now that there is proof right in front of them?
>>
>>43545295

Not in trouble so much, but it certainly didn't make him many friends. He's still got his position, but it's pretty tenuous

>>43545325

For once, they both seem to agree on one thing:
"She cheated!"
>>
>>43545363
>"She cheated!"
They just salty that she had the odds stacked against her and still came out on top.

>'Muh arrogance. muh arrogance muthafucka.'
>>
>>43545363
Kind of an unrelated question but does Elliot have some deeper significance or is he just here to inject some new blood?
>>
>>43545499
He's actually Philemon
>>
>>43545552
Pretty sure he's not if anything Philemon is Nadja.

>>43545363
>She Cheated!

kek

Are we going to go on a cornerstone hunt to boost Amelia and Nyarly to strengthen the barrier?
>>
>>43545586
I think cornerstones are World of Transition exclusive. Getting all four of them ends the world after all.
>>
>>43545499
>>43545552

Well, Elliot does have at least one big secret, but...

>>43545586

There is going to be a hunt, but it's something altogether more interesting than dirty paving slabs this time around!
>>
>>43545611
fiends?
>>
File: FabFour.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FabFour.jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
>>43545638
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqOF1MnZnrc

Fiend Recruitment Drive 2.0! Get in the car Mia and bring your complimentary Deathstone. We going recruiting!.
>>
>>43545638

Friends
I'm kidding. Mostly
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.