[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SS13: Fucking Robotocists Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
File: secbot.png (386 KB, 1024x841) Image search: [Google]
secbot.png
386 KB, 1024x841
byond://76.16.8.127:28014
or
byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

BYOND Download link: http://www.byond.com/download/

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP above. Click "Ok".

Welcome to d20Station, a rule light, low moderation server filled with custom content.

>ADMINS WHERE IS D20 WIKI I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO ANYTHING!
wiki located at
>http://robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/
Currently sorely in need of content.

>What the fuck is Space Station 13
A top down atmospherics simulator with a "whodunit" on top. Survive in the station and do your department's job, while fixing the problems that the antagonists cause.

>How the fuck do I play this game? I keep hitting myself with things.
Use OOC and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.

>Hey /tg/ station I...
We are a separate entity from /tg/ station, we just host our threads on /tg/ as the server was made by fa/tg/uys for elegan/tg/entlemen.

We occasionally run Dorfstation mode, a roundtype where the crew must build up from a bare-bones station. Dorf will be run less often then usual, probably on the first and/or last of every month now. Dorf is ran on a separate server, found at byond://76.16.8.127:28020

>How is this station different from [station]?
Join the server and read the rules and changelog (located at the top right of the game window). The changelog has been cleaned up to show changes starting from the base code of the /nt/ branch.

Code branch from NT (also named d20Station) is updated a few times every week with fixes and new content.

If you have a bug, contact an admin in-game or on the thread to report it.

Note: This is NOT SS13 general.
>>
File: CleverGirl_Fullpic_1.gif (46 KB, 600x482) Image search: [Google]
CleverGirl_Fullpic_1.gif
46 KB, 600x482
>Person ahelps about being killed by the CMO right after being cloned
>New CMO, watch them drag a sec officer's body to a suit storage unit
>They claim that the guy was too genetically damaged and needed recloned, tell them not to play heads
>Next round CMO is HOS
>Pissant, being pissant, spawns as a sec officer just to run to the armory and kill himself
>HOS drags their body around until getting it to medical, leaving his gun on the ground
>Guy picks it up, HOS permas him for picking up this gun that she dropped
>CMO walks in
>She permas the CMO for having brig access
>Being a real shitty HOS all around, leaving things open and ignoring real problems
>Next round, they keep arguing that they felt they were justified in their actions
>Pull them aside and give them a talking too
>They say they understand
>A bit of a shit but no where near the level that they were next time
>Pretty much the same story for the next round or two
>New round they fuck about and try to kill a miner, fails because the miner's better then that
>They ghost and spawn in as HOP to go and get their stuff
>Tell them no, they're on the edge
>They say ok, teams up with another dude, starting to look like hopcurity
>Leaves every single locker open and all the doors open
>Go away for a sec, friend on steam tells me to come back because she's released plasma all over the place
>Message them saying that I talked to them and that I'm mostly just disappointed
>Instead of responding they just begin to shoot their partner
>"Gonna get banished so might as well try to take as many of you out with me"
>Try to talk to them but they just want to get it over with
>At first just a three day and head/sec, but then a perma due to super shitter
>Permaban was a few minutes after they left, notice someone else who was already playing got denied entry for having the same computer ID
They're learning, becoming more able to blend in with normal players, hide their intentions for longer.
>>
>>43535092
>already playing
As in?
>>
>>43535743
He had a new character and was dicking about. Different ckey, different ip, same computer ID. I'm guessing the perma unintentionally booted him off.
>>
>>43535092
I'm dissapointed as well. They could have been a nice player but fell into shitterism.

Also I logged on this morning and people are actually signed in, this is new
>>
>>43534034
>I can think of plenty of reasons to add it in
which is why you listed so many
>if it's not going to fuck with other code
it fucks with the escape shuttle code
>>
>>43539661
it really doesnt, stop being a smug moron.
>>
>>43539826

harsh
>>
>>43539661
no it doesn't, have you even fucked with the emergency shuttle before?
it literally just checks if world.timeofday has gone past the number that it's supposed to leave at - changing this var is super simple and there's even a handy proc for setting this var
the timer in the stat menu is just extra guff
>>
File: 1428933926521.png (304 KB, 820x812) Image search: [Google]
1428933926521.png
304 KB, 820x812
How many of these are there?
>>
File: We_Fight_HoS_Narsie.jpg (298 KB, 826x1428) Image search: [Google]
We_Fight_HoS_Narsie.jpg
298 KB, 826x1428
>>43542341
>>
File: Engineering Image 2.jpg (19 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
Engineering Image 2.jpg
19 KB, 205x246
>>43542341
I don't have any more.
>>
>>43542405
>slimes die
>we restart from square 1
>slimes go hungry
>we restart from square 1
>slimes die again
> get frustrated, give up on xeno

Tomagatchi, space edition.
>>
>>43543986

Then stop sucking, xenobio is not hard especially now that you have how2breedslimes4babby in the form of the slime analyzers
>>
i remember why nobody plays security here now

the main one being that some of our players think its there job to try and train sec officers by going out of there way to make things hard for them and then saying i was just trying to teach him which is all well and good to an extent but don't expect a lighter sentence because of it

the other one is mezzo throwing a shit whenever you kill somebody. excessive restrictions on security almost killed it on /tg/ we don't want that to happen here as well) although thankfully its only the one admin that has a problem with it)

on the plus side compared to some other servers playing sec is more enjoyable in some ways you get the ability to stack items on your belt and more importantly unlike on /tg/ you auctualy get a decent amount of slots on your best /tg/ nerfed the sec belt to hell (no other belts got nerfed though)
>>
>>43544650

Yes it sucks that security is held to a higher standard than the other roles, since it makes it a lot harder to have FUN playing security, but you're retarded if you think only Mezzo hates murdersec. Even Freeman shits all over sec players who resort to harmbatoning out of incompetence or ill will.
>>
Getting real fuckin' tired of watching science raid the armory and build themselves murdermechs and stockpiling weapons and ammo.
>>
>>43544740
>>43544650
>killing anyone as sec that isn't a proper execution for capital crimes
shitcurity detected
sec is supposed to protect the station and keep things running smoothly, I don't think anyone is going to stand up and let the people supposed to be protecting the station start beating people for "fun"
>>
>>43544907

Security gets nothing but shit from everyone even if they're playing by the good guy rules

Playing as security is playing with one hand tied behind your back, even average crewmates are allowed to commit murder if they have a justifiable RP reason for it but sec? No, no they have to put the traitor with the double e-sword in the brig and wait for more bad shit to happen instead of stamping out the threat to the station ASAP
>>
>>43545088
having traitor items is a capital offense
you can execute them for that
I don't think you know how to play sec
>>
>>43545111

You can't execute anyone unless a head is around, you know that full well.
>>
File: 1445832943842.jpg (96 KB, 900x546) Image search: [Google]
1445832943842.jpg
96 KB, 900x546
>>43545166
>what is acting head of staff that defaults to a security officer
>>
>>43544385
The slime analyzer is definitely a nice addition, but it really doesn't make xenobiology any easier unless you don't know the basics already, and even then, it doesn't help with the important logistics like how to quarter your slimes in cells, how to avoid getting eaten, and what colors are actually useful.

>>43544650
If I had wanted to throw a shit, I would have just job banned you and been done with it. Instead, I just gave you a verbal warning. Magdumping a chemist who lubed up the doorway to Chem and hadn't actually harmed anybody is not a proper application of lethal force.

Security is given a role which allows them justified power over others (I. E. They are allowed to brig, while kidnapping somebody as non-sec can often get you in trouble) because of this, they have to be held to a higher standard.
>>
>>43545166
Not quite. That only applies if there are actual heads to authorize it. If there are none, you follow chain of command, so whoever assumed captain duties, or the highest ranking (I. E. Most robust) sec officer.

This isn't an official rule, because making specific case rules defeats the purpose of rules light.

Generally speaking, though, you can punish a confirmed traitor however you'd like
>>
>>43545088
>even average crewmates are allowed to commit murder if they have a justifiable RP reason for it but sec

No. If you've been doing this you're letting people who seem even headed guilt trip you into letting them go. Shoot them dead.
>>
>>43545088
Hey now, I gave security snack plates.
Be a better sec.
>>
>>43545201

>justified power over others

That nobody ever accepts and brigging someone you suspect of being a tator just means they'll kill you the moment they find a way out even if they aren't one because you impinged on their fun

There are no 'good players' who don't kill security when given the chance, you think I haven't played the game? Nobody even respects the security department if sec isn't around, it's just 'oh time to loot the armory'
>>
File: 1424288783457.png (178 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1424288783457.png
178 KB, 500x281
>>43545658
you seem pretty butt baffled about being a shit officer and left out of the loop on what is okay and what isn't with security

if you don't like it don't play it but don't mindlessly kill other people for playing it, and try asking admins about what's okay and not before you air out your shit all over the thread about how "strictcurity is killing the server!!!"
>>
>>43545658
Respect is, unfortunately, earned.
Security is a role that has to be played with a strong arm and a light step.
If they start shit again, arrest them again.
If you don't want to deal, don't put on the red shirt.
Such has it always been.

> Nobody even respects the security department if sec isn't around
And if Doctors aren't aboard, we'll break into the clinic to get access to the cloner. And if engineering isn't staffed, we'll hack into the engine to cobble it together. And the Bridge will never ever been safe. And we'll grab some souvenirs on the way out of all of these.
Such is life in spess.

Either figure out how you're going to respond to the common situations, or stop trying. Bitching that there are no "good players" avails no one of anything.
>>
>>43544385
Slimes are still difficult where you have to be standing there feeding them all the time. If you step away you basically have to restart, since they'll get so hungry you're better off killing them.
>>
>>43545842
Why is why I always replace the walls of each cell with glass, so I can see them while anywhere in the room.
>>
>>43545888
There are still instances where you might get killed or have to leave xeno to deal with other shit. Given how the station works someone's being dumb and needs taken care of or you need food. Literally anything that haves you leave science can make you start over.
>>
File: 1424713378189.png (7 KB, 459x212) Image search: [Google]
1424713378189.png
7 KB, 459x212
>>43545947
Start of the round I always raid a food vendor for the steak and a few Raisins.

I'm usually not interrupted unless I get bored and walk to cargo or something.
>>
>>43545947
This is my problem with xenobio.
>>
File: 1410649200051.jpg (96 KB, 719x404) Image search: [Google]
1410649200051.jpg
96 KB, 719x404
>play janitor because the station is fucking filthy as shit
>clean for a good 20 minutes
>start mopping stuff in front of the bar
>alex raman runs by and slips
>call him a nerd
>he says "shut the fuck up" and squares up to take out a weapon
>takes out a teleporter gun
>move out of the way and it teleports my janicart
>next one hits me
>pop up in xenobio
>come back out
>call him a nerd again
>he takes out a laser cannon, dodge two shots
>get stuck in botany and take a hit
>run at him, his guns are out of charge
>he slips on water again
>call him a nerd and keep throwing him against a wall
>other guy just watches
>accidentally let go of him
>he slips again
>gets up
>slips again
>crit him on the wall
>he ragequits
>>
>>43545691
>>43545691

You're a fucking shitter Freeman, always have been, always will be, the only difference is that now you're in a position of power over the players on this server

Good job not addressing the problem which is that everyone is a willing shitter against security

>>43545823

So I'm supposed to earn respect by bending over and letting everyone fuck me in the ass? "You must be a perfect security officer or you get jobbanned fag" "but nobody else has to be perfect" "fuck off fag you're not good enough for this server" Yeah no thanks. Difference between the armory and medical or engineering is nobody fucking needs guns to play the game, you DO need power and the cloner for that, but not what's in the armory.
>>
File: 1436385085751.jpg (191 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436385085751.jpg
191 KB, 1920x1080
>>43546569
so get good and don't try to shove your baton in everyone's anus for existing
everything happens for a reason and the reason people are shitting on you is probably because you're a shit officer. if you didn't try to insert yourself into the crew's situations when you're not needed maybe they wouldn't force you out
>>
>>43546569
It's not that they need guns - they often don't - but that they think they do. And what people think often matters more than the facts of the matter as evident here. But some situations may arise where the crew will need guns, and it will be on Sec first to be willing to arm them.

And no, you've misinterpreted what I said. You need to adapt to the situations you find yourself in. You need to, as TR said, "Walk softly, and carry a big stick."
Don't be intrusive, but be a presence. Don't be rude, but be forceful when necessary. Don't let dangerous criminals slide, but know when some things are better left alone.

You haven't been jobbanned yet, mango, all that's been happening is conversation.
>>
How do i make a gundam?
>>
>>43547000
A combination of PLASTEEL and the WILL TO RULE SPESS

SS13 has roughly man-sized mechanized exosuits, these are about as close as you can get.
>>
>>43546569
I think your mistaken. As long as theres one or two competent heads most people will be pretty alright with helping the hierarchy if they aren't traitors. Besides that, as a security officer, your obviously going to be dealing with shitters who make friends with other shitters, and other people want to not die.

Now your lashing when people say it's not that bad. You got new york cop syndrome from playing a videogame.
>>
>>43547000
Stasis pod, syringe, plasteel, nerdsmarts.
>>
>>43546569
>nobody fucking needs guns to play the game

Carp attack, blob, xenos, russian parties, spiders?
>>
File: cat job implemented.jpg (112 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
cat job implemented.jpg
112 KB, 600x800
>>43545088
security gets shit on when they just beat a crewmember to death because they have near exclusive access to the best of and largest variety of stun weapons on the station, as well as the means to defend themselves from the same weapons
there is literally no excuse for not taking somebody down non-lethally - even a hulk can be taken down now that you have easy access to stamina damage

as far as traitors and repeat offenders for severe crimes go, you're allowed to execute them (especially traitors), just make sure you have evidence to present to whichever crewmember comes asking about it

>>43546569
you know, people won't be a shitter to you as sec if you're kind and reasonable to them and don't be a massive faggot yourself

be the change you want to see

>>43535092
also why didn't you just headban them after the second round

>>43547115
don't forget that literally every antagonist type spawns with some kind of weapon or way of fucking up your day
sec is usually the first line of defence against those, and the second is whatever militia/lynchmob the crew can form against them
>>
>>43547115

How strange that none of those things happen before the armory is raided, only long after.
>>
>>43547213

Arming yourself to deal with potential threats, not even ones that have presented themselves, is powergaming and I'm pretty sure that was heavily frowned upon here
>>
>>43547224
That's not true. What usually happens is that such an event happens, so people have to crack it open, deal with it, then leave everything out in the open. No one fixes it because they're just going to need it later or they'll perform mob justice when a traitor pops up.
>>
>>43547297

Not once have I seen people crack open the armory in response to some event, I've only ever seen it happen in preparation for something that could or could not happen. People use the threat of something happening as an excuse to go hog wild, stockpile weapons, and worse
>>
>>43547285
Yes and no.
Paranoia and caution can be hard to distinguish in space.

Wanting to make sure you have some way to defend yourself, after having survived umpteen syndicate raids on the station, so you pocket a screwdriver and keep some bolas in your bag?
Not unexpected.
Wanting to be able to kill anyone on the station and their mother if it comes to it, so you raid the armory and steal all the best gear for each inventory slot from across the station, then break into surgery and aug yourself?
Shitticus Maximus

The proportion of shitters to normal crewmen has trended unfortunately high.
>>
>>43547285
It's only really been called out if you EVERY ROUND run straight for the gold ticket. No-one will bat an eye if you grab a single gun as a self defense thing, especially if 20+ minutes have passed.
>>
>>43547340
People who just break in when theres no threat are to be assumed shitters or traitors.

Or it's late game and people stopped giving a damn.
>>
>>43544650
Also say yeah Clown from that round here. I was the traitor and it was my mission to assassinate the other sec, but you guys were always together so you got pranked to oblivion a bunch...
>>
>>43544650
>(no other belts got nerfed though)
I wonder if anyone else here remembers that medical belts hold cigarette packs.
>>
>>43547440
Oh med belts DO hold something after all.
>>
>>43547396
Also you guys put me in the a cell with all my gear, where I PDA bombed you, hid the pda bomb card IN THE CELL, it took you guys 10 minutes just to catch a clown. I stole the spare from you guys twice that you left sitting on a table, you guys searched me 4 times and every time I had am ample chance to hide my goodies somewhere and then let you search, and I broke into sec about 5 times just to screw with you guys at that point. Plus all the slipping, and well, the training bomb in sec, and.. yeah.. I wouldn't have given you so much hell if I hadn't been the traitor AND the clown.
>>
File: smyd.jpg (36 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
smyd.jpg
36 KB, 400x384
>>43547285
people like you always forget that the station goes on alert at the start of the round, with a neat little form printed out at the bridge containing some intel on possible enemy activity in the area

of course, i'm not advocating people raid the armory at round-start (especially not if they have to break in to do it), but it's not unreasonable to let people carry something around for self-defence (a lot of people might set up an improvised weapon at the start or carry something with a decent amount of force, for instance)
we don't really mind that and policing people's inventories to stop that would turn out to be a hilarious debacle

>>43547340
i've seen the armory used to supply the crew with equipment plenty of times during emergencies
and of course, the threat of something happening that could ruin the station is a pretty good reason to prepare for it - for instance, last round people prepared for aliens when they saw bootsnakes running about, which is perfectly reasonable
>>
>>43547592

Last round, science had already raided the armory hours ago and just handed out all kinds of weapons to the crew to kill the ayylium
>>
>>43547879
Incorrect. Last round, security conspired to kidnap and murder a scientist in perma, and got dunked on for it. At that time, about half the crew had all access, due to there being low population at round start necessitating people picking up more access to be healed up and not die.

It was over a number of hours while more and more people picked up all access off people going AFK and being looted that half the armoury got into the hands of people; in particular because there were at least two cannibal folks, space carp, and the aforementioned ayyyliums to shoot at.

At each step, clear and present threats necessitated weapons being handed out to the crew as a self-defense measure.
>>
>>43548320

Honestly at this point I don't give a shit, I consider science to be the biggest concentration of gleeful little shitters on the station who just love to build mechs for the sole purpose of killing people, after of course they've helped themselves to the armory

Even if there were extenuating circumstances in the last round science does this shit every fucking time a few certain players are on and yes I am calling them out for being shitheads
>>
I've had it with rats. They made are station look like chuckey cheeses
>>
>>43549981
So then kill them all, mack.
>>
File: mutual stare of disapproval.jpg (33 KB, 635x371) Image search: [Google]
mutual stare of disapproval.jpg
33 KB, 635x371
what an awful round to be sec
>captain ID swiped by cargo tech not 5 minutes into the round
>hobos breaking into science
>chaplain breaking into science
>hobo breaking back into science
>scientists breaking into science
>giant rat things with brains being transplanted into them
>respawn shitter trying to hurt or murder anyone they can as head/sec/greytide
>giant rat bosses
>station getting rowdy as fuck and trying to break into the brig or steal weapons from security, literally having to shoot them down in the halls because they're rioting and so unmanageable
>killed by respawnshitter sec as he stuns me, steals my SMG, and tries to hide with it while we're trying to take down more rats, then he shoots me with it as I die to a hole to space
on the upside the two officers I had were decent
>>
>>43550472
>scientists breaking into science
Jesus what.

I hope appropriate paddlings were doled out.
>>
anything fun rp-wise happen lately in games? haven't been around, school and depression have kind of taken over my life
>>
>>43550563
I always enjoy interacting with my fellow crewmembers. The ones that do talk, at least, and not the ones that silently stalk the halls in gas masks with yellow glubs.

Hobos started happening recently, as have tourists. One particularly slavic one was hired on, and that's been a thing.
>>
>>43550647
wait we got cheeki breekis on the station now?
fug
>>
>>43550472
How do scinest break into scinces?
>>
>>43550531
>>43550680
some retard scientist Bix Nood
I got called to research to find some slime-scientist guy in research shooting the fucking place up with a retro laser and shit, shooting a ton of random non hostile mobs that weren't doing anything, so an officer and I advanced on him and stunned him, then his fucking golem starts trying to disarm spam me and cuff me, making me have to shoot him in the face after he steals my riot shield and uses it against me

then I finally throw him out since he's not talking hardly at all about the situation or why he was in it, so I fast demoted him with a strip and left him, then he keeps trying to break back in and attack officers so I had to put him down since we had no time to brig him or properly keep tabs on him with rats breaking walls down
>>
fucking fluke ops, at least make it challenging
>>
File: Nuke Op Image 1.png (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Nuke Op Image 1.png
42 KB, 300x300
>>43550926
They could've thrown a flashbang into botany and take us out EZ PZ.
>>
>>43550979

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who even picked up a flashbang, unfortunately I was not told what was on the other side of that door so I had no idea that the crew itself was waiting there
>>
File: botany image 1.jpg (18 KB, 250x284) Image search: [Google]
botany image 1.jpg
18 KB, 250x284
>>43551017
We were growing onions mang, pretty sure we had 300 by the end. I got really lucky with that 100 potency 10 yield mutation GET.
>>
>>43550979
Reminder that Every single part of R&D is 100% useless in nuke ops and any game mode that doesn't last longer then 30 minutes especially when there were no miners. The xenobiologist left to go fight and I ended up just doing research and didn't leave my lab, but nothing happened.
>>
>>43551310

So is mining, so I feel that pain
>>
>>43545201
I know it is a bit late to join the conversation now but the reason I killed you was because you were a man in chemistry who was known to lube floors.
>stun chemist
>walk in to arrest chemist
>slip on floor
>get murdered

I dident kill you because I wanted to get rid of you I killed you because it was the safest way to capture you.

and saying I went straight to lasers was insane we had chased you around for at least 15 minutes and you had done far more then just a few lubings.

and if theres bombs going off on station you don't have time to deal with minor crimes it is in every way a life or death situation.

you shot flares at people (in the middle of an arrest at that) you stole security gear you resisted arrest. regardless of if I was in the wrong on not you were being a massive shitter in the name of training people.

I will admit that other officer seemed to not even understand the meaning of search him but still.
>>
>>43545691
the anon your quoting was not even the one who started the conversation the above post was my first impute. since I made that first post
>>
>>43535092
>Be Perma'd CMO two or three games later
>Play as Cargo Technician
>See person playing as Chemist break into Bridge and acquire hand teleporter
>Follow him around and we reach waste disposal
>He flashes me and puts on cable cuffs
>Takes all my shit and leaves them in Cargo
>Gives me Hardsuit and Internals and sends me off into space
>Stop at a meteor and go back to Cargo Airlock
>Travel back to Arrivals Airlock
>Go to bar and encounter him again
>Fight him for a while before he runs like a little bitch, got himself spaced most likely by admins at some point
>Get Crowbar from Medbay Lobby
>Break into Bar and acquire shotgun
>Search around for him, he's respawned as HoP
>Announce my situation
>Gives me a spare ID
>Acquire full security gear and a bunch of weaponry
>Get myself a new ID appointing me as Captain
>Continue walking around looking for him
>HoP fucks things up impersonating as me and I get accused by Engineer of fucking things up
>HoP shoots and kills me
>Discover Chemist's Spaced Corpse and eventually admins ban him and resurrect me
>He tries to ban evade and asks me to get a promotion to HoS
>Says he'll tell me where
>Just wander around as a Captain that promoted himself with an insane HoP's spare ID and no one objects or questions this
>New captain joins at some point
>Eventually evacuate due to station damage
>Midway through riding the escape shuttle, traitor uses E Mag and sends a Syndicate Mini Bomb in the middle of Shuttle Bridge
>Grab it with the intent of throwing it, it explodes and kills me before I can grab it
>Save the Other Captain and die as a hero

fun times
>>
>>43547592
reminds me of when I play warden and the hop gets all shitty at me for handing out guns to the crew to deal with a threat because I refused to let him in earlier.
>>
>>43551695
you were a hero indeed

I still say that firing all the guns off at round end made no sense though.
>>
>>43551811
People could access the armory so that was my response.
I eventually realized "oh fucking wait i can just put them in lockers and close them like someone who isn't a dumbass" and did so.
>>
File: 1430101491565.jpg (34 KB, 427x300) Image search: [Google]
1430101491565.jpg
34 KB, 427x300
>>43551716
>he doesn't ever let hops into the armory
good man
>>
>>43551933
heh
>>
>>43550979
They could have, but the loyal patrol officer Zant intercepted the remaining operative and took him out before he could get in position.
>>
>>43551565

I can see your logic, but I think there were quite a few ways you could have gone about it better.

For one, I didn't fire at people, I just fired at the wall for shits and giggles. The flares were sitting there, but I could see not telling where I was shooting, since it flashes the screen on a fire.

"Resisting Arrest" was really my only crime. I only lubed up chokeholds you would have to advance through to get to me, i.e., if you turned around you would have been fine.

As for stealing sec gear, I gave him back all of the actual gear itself, I just dismantled anything he tried to use against me, i.e. took the cells out of his taser, stunbatons, emptied his pepper spray, emptied his magazines, etc.

I did take the flash, because there's no way to dismantle a flash.

The only reason it went on for so long is because the other officer was tenacious as fuck. All of my lubing was completely defensive. I didn't seek him out or go after him, and had I wanted to be a shitter, I could have just stolen his equipment and left it intact for my own use, or killed him like 20 times over.

Also, as a protip:

It's impossible to slip when you're laying down or crawling.

Doing so is a very useful way to get around when using lube offensively, or when pursuing a luber.

However, it does come with the drawback of making you a much easier target.
>>
>>43552497
oh I will keep that laying down thing in mind thanks

as for the other stuff I suppose you may have a point.
>>
>>43551695
I meant it exploded before I could throw it.
>>
how is it hard to play security?
think like a nigger.
go where niggers go before they get there.
scan shit with you super special semen detector.
ignore the pleas for mercy from your prisoners as you explain to them that forensic evidence cant lie.
execute the turbo niggers and perma the shitters.
have an extreme sense of urgency and try and read the situation instead of taking people's words for it.
the only way to get good is die a thousand different ways.
what the fuck is wrong with my captcha
>>
I forget whats the point at which reinforced pipes can burst
>>
>disarm a tator with a taser
>he hugs me
>>
>>43557183
>forgettingwhichintentwason.png
>>
File: tgstationmods.jpg (63 KB, 600x898) Image search: [Google]
tgstationmods.jpg
63 KB, 600x898
Still the same 4 retards sitting on admin every day, banning people who don't like their shitty server "improvements"?

Jesus
>>
>>43557393
to be fair the admins do seem to be going a bit retarded lately

although judging by your filename you mean the /tg/ station admins in which case its mostly just saegrimer that needs to go.
>>
>>43557408
but the coders on the other hand the coders at /tg/ have being going full retard our content is getting better as our admins get worse
>>
>>43546569
>Complaining about some attentionwhore
You are either him sucking his own cock or you are a fucking retard for being mad at shitters in ss13.
>>
>>43557183
>Not accepting that you have been bested and hugging your rival in a final act of respect before you get thrown out the airlock
>>
>>43546569
>nobody fucking needs guns to play the game

Don't tread on me you space fascist.
>>
>>43550926
Could be worse, I was in a round where the disc was left unattended on a dead body for 35 minutes before anybody even knew it was a nuke round.
>>
>>43557859
Slow Nuke rounds are cool.

With sneaky ops infiltrating the crew.
>>
>>43558123
>sneaky ops infiltrating the crew

They did not infiltrate shit, it was sitting in the bottom of the station in a maint corridor for anybody to grab. They were just goofing around for half an hour then all died immediately when they showed up.
>>
>>43558145
I think he was speaking generally.
I enjoy slow nuke rounds where the nuke ops actually infiltrate or they pick a theme and just fuck around (one time the nuke ops were a movie crew, another time they were a travelling space circus.)
Shock and awe nuke ops can only happen so many times before it loses the shock and awe aspect.
>>
>>43558164
To be fair the majority of our players haven't been on the bigger stations where nuke ops happens regularly. Last night was the first time I've seen nuke ops happen. If there hadn't been a captain and a veteran HoS, it's quite likely no-one would even have grabbed the nuclear authentication disk. (I note that Gunner Wells got to be captain automatically)

It's one reason why some players instinctively go for the golden ticket at roundstart if there aren't any head roles; they've seen far too many times the disk just left on the table where nuke teams can grab it.
>>
>>43557393
Which four?
>>
>>43557183
[*Spare]
>>
File: 1442997290971.png (148 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1442997290971.png
148 KB, 300x300
Serb empty?
What is this heresy?
>>
File: 1430884296926.jpg (183 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
1430884296926.jpg
183 KB, 1124x1024
>>43559856
noon on a monday
>>
>>43559863
Is there one standard time we should think of for the server?
I live on the west coast, so it's only nine in the morning here, but for my brit friends, it's five in the afternoon.
>>
File: 1443672649057.jpg (160 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1443672649057.jpg
160 KB, 500x333
>>43559883
I live on the east coast so eastern burger time is usually the time it gets full

around 7-10 PM last night is when we had 20-25 players online, usually britfriends will fill the server up during the early afternoon here. If that fails usually the regulars on the east coast will decide to get on around 4-5 my time.
>>
>>43559904
I live in central europe.
And i really don't understand when the serb is really active...
Any speculations from that point of view?
>>
File: ghosts demand cloning.gif (932 KB, 350x291) Image search: [Google]
ghosts demand cloning.gif
932 KB, 350x291
>>43559938
unfortunately for europe by the time everyone else gets on it's past midnight for you, unless it happens to be a weekend in which case people will probably get on earlier.

most people seem to play from the east coast and america in general, but i've heard of people playing as far away as australia and alaska too.
>>
>>43559938
When around Kosovo.
>>
>>43559938

http://www.ss13.se/servers/507/d20station/

This tracks the player count for the last week, so you can see when it usually peaks.
>>
>>43559863
KOT
O
T
>>
File: 1442159502820.jpg (118 KB, 956x715) Image search: [Google]
1442159502820.jpg
118 KB, 956x715
hi
working on and testing constructable air injectors, a turbo version of air vents that were previously map-spawn only
also nernums has requested I throw together end-caps for pipelines, essentially a pipe with only one node that will let you seal off a pipeline if you have metal on hand
>>
>>43560348
good
>>
>>43560348
Few days back the burn room got hit by a meteor shower. Lost one of the injectors so I replaced it with a vent.
Funny thing was that there were three hotspots around the vent while there was hardly one hotspot on the injector. Is the injector really better than a vent set to internal 0?
>>
>>43560746
vents have an upper pressure limit and can't put air into an area if the pressure of that area is too high, I don't think injectors suffer the same drawbacks, however injectors cannot be finely controlled.
>>
Are player corgis still subject to the whims of corgi AI?
Do player-brains in simple_mobs have access to those mobs special attacks?
>>
>>43561882
yes your animal instincts still make you run after food

not yet but it is planned, though some of them do currently work, mostly the ones that work on a chance based melee attack, so carp splashing should work, and spider poison would also work.
>>
Alright, who wants to sign on with my exploratory science team, to do brain surgery on a Goliath?
>>
>>43561973
I've got an hour or so, sure.
>>
>>43561973
Oh please!
We did brain surgery on the rat hulk thingie yesterday!
>>
File: I am become pasta.jpg (173 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
I am become pasta.jpg
173 KB, 500x375
>>43561973
I would but i'm busy with college shit
>>
>>43561982
>>43561985
Let me return to my autism cave, so that I may acquire UnShit Internet, then we may begin.
>>
>>43561973
Damnit, I'm sitting in class on a semi-decent WiFi hotspot.

Wait for me!
>>
File: 234506-slowpoke_pokemon.jpg (11 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
234506-slowpoke_pokemon.jpg
11 KB, 320x320
>>43562118
>>
alright I've got player controlled non-humans able to fire their weapons now, though it's a little buggy and uncontrolled its a good progress point thus far.
>>
>>43564401
RIP Communist Bear
>>
File: bear hop.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bear hop.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>43564401
>>43564555
Noice.

Had to go from being the hobo sorry.
Also RIP, your own mobs are still hostile to you and wreck your shit.
>>
File: spooky.jpg (124 KB, 1576x1051) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
124 KB, 1576x1051
>Been playing ss13 some time
>Oh /tg/ has station as well? Let's check it out
>Enter d20 station
>Take a few steps out of arrivals shuttle
>Some guy is totally owning some fully-armed poor security motherfucker >Seemingly Unarmed
>Finally knocks him out
>Takes a few shamblings teps towards me
>From his green throat, among some horrible gurgling noises, words form. it utters:
>Stat me
>aaand exit from d20 station
>>
>>43565103
Come back you unrobust shit.

ENTER OUR MAGICAL REALM
>>
>>43565103
that's a brain damage quote silly
>>
File: 1423961944368.jpg (416 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1423961944368.jpg
416 KB, 1920x1080
>>43565220
We really should take retarded people seriously when the rng kicks their dick in and they say the weirdest shit
>>
>>43565285
I already do
>>
>>43545285
I always strip my traitors entirely of their goods and shove them in glass walls in the hall.
Hall of shame doesn't always last long sadly.
>>
>>43565475
Use plasma glass
>>
Can we get some sort of cord harness thing you can attach to corpses like dead mobs and players so that pressure won't drag them out of your grip when you're trying to re-enter the station? It's annoying as shit to have to deal with the inevitable struggle to not cause the corpse to fly out the airlock, plus it's a pain in the ass to get around in space while dragging a body since in some cases like goliath bodies it won't come with you unless you're walking on a surface and in other cases the bodies just fly off if you step off of a handhold-area which is just as inefficient and frustrating when lag causes a misstep
>>
HOW STAN UP AS MIGRANT!!1?
>>
Would it be possible to bind a PAI to yourself, give it the signaller, and then implant it into a traitor alongside of a remote explosive? Then give the PAI a directive to watch over the implantee, and kill them if they do anything wrong.

Because it would be fun to have the PAI act as warden, to detonate the target if they do anything bad.
>>
>>43566097
you'd need an explosive that fits inside of a box, but I suppose it'd be doable maybe, needs testing if the boxed explosive would even go off properly or if it's somethign that needs to be fixed.
>>
>>43566157
Well, I suppose instead you could give the PAI some heavy-duty toxin and the package that lets it inject stuff so that it can shove it all into the traitor.

But then again, I don't think that'd be fun for the PAI, and it might go braindead if it's there just to watch over someone.
>>
>>43566190
Depending on the Traitor/PAI duo, it could lead to some fun times, especially if the PAI decides to start abusing his position to force the Traitor to do amusing things.
>>
>>43566190
They can still see and talk, pretty sure, if they get a kick out of being a snarky task master it could work.

>>43566157
>>>43566097
>you'd need an explosive that fits inside of a box, but I suppose it'd be doable maybe, needs testing if the boxed explosive would even go off properly or if it's somethign that needs to be fixed.

>>>43566157
I think chemgrenades in a box detonate properly, if explosive, but the smoke ones or some of the other effects get a little a weird. The real spaghetti comes when you have a box full of grenades, detonate them all, then the first one to go off risks deleting the rest before they react.
>>
>>43560084
oh that's handy
>>
>>43567315
it even gives it in my own western Australian time zone awesome
>>
File: 20120227-robotthatscreams.png (89 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
20120227-robotthatscreams.png
89 KB, 600x599
>And then we banished the Lich into a mech without weapons.
>>
>>43567744
You can't just say that without giving details.

Also mecha are never unarmed; they can punch your face in.
>>
>>43568209
No, the combat mechs can.
The ripley and the oddy can't.
The ripley has more armor though.
>>
>>43568267
Huh. I rarely bothered with those. I'm surprised the Ripley can't, though.
>>
>"nice passive agressive game"
>>
File: 1428179895423.jpg (151 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
1428179895423.jpg
151 KB, 600x599
>>43567744
Stop posting that edit.
>>
>>43568721
Is the joke that you posted the edit, or that you thought that the original was an edit?
>>
>>43568921
post with a trip so i can filter you
>>
File: 1446311034626.jpg (178 KB, 480x515) Image search: [Google]
1446311034626.jpg
178 KB, 480x515
>>43569005
>>
>>43569186
please refrain from shitposting
>>
tfw mods=gods
>>
holy shit this sounds really fun, downloading now
>>
File: buthow.png (29 KB, 306x298) Image search: [Google]
buthow.png
29 KB, 306x298
how is this pink faggot not gibbed or dead?
>>
>>43570116
If I took off the station, would it die?
>>
>>43570149
it would hurt......alot
>>
>>43570159
It's a big fish.
>>
>>43570181
four yew
>>
>>43570197
Was getting stuck part of its plan?
>>
>be me lee empress alium
>freeman let people understand my words
>will you be my friend
PEW PEW PEW HISS HISS HISS
>o-oh ok
>get shot with a flamethrower the captains laser and a sub machine gun
>try and hug the would be freinds but they die
>left alone with only lampy the lamp
why is spaceman soo cruel
why is freeman a bestmin
>>
Is there a metod of running the game with one player? Because I would like to get more familiar with the controls.
>>
>>43572120

The best way to do that is to hop on and ask somebody to help you learn.

You can either ask in OOC, or you can roleplay it in character, like "Hey, I'm new to the station, can anybody show me the ropes?"

Most all of the admins and many of our players are willing to help people learn the ropes.
>>
>>43572120
sorry we have no need for normie losers here
>>
>>43572120
The station honestly welcomes new players really well. People are always happy to help if you ask for things, and nobody will mind if an assistant wanders around the arrivals opening and closing a locker repeatedly, and there's usually someone there who'll help.
>>
>>43572120

ignore >>43572380
They're being a jackass.

Oh, one important rule is that if you ARE messing with something, make sure to announce it on the radio so nobody confuses you for a traitor and drills you to death without giving you a chance to explain your actions.

Looking at you Nernums.
>>
Communication is the most principle virtue in this life.
>>
>>43572120
Some anon was working on a tutorial Server.

But trust me, you learn more by playing with veteran spacers.
>>
>>43572443
tbf, if you mess around with the engine when not the only engineer, or not an engineer at all, without announcing your intentions? You're asking to get robusted.
>>
>>43572443
I remember a specific engineer.. once caused plasma flooding the southern station and then lasered the hop to death for trying to detain him.
>>
>>43572443
I was going to try and get your body once I realized there was a third engineer and he was doing the nefarious things
I started that round as the only engineer so my b man
>>
File: ian covering for the hop.jpg (64 KB, 580x427) Image search: [Google]
ian covering for the hop.jpg
64 KB, 580x427
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sglQxjc0aY4
>>
>>43574825
Nice audio, dude.
>>
IS SERBIAN DED?
>>
File: y.jpg (143 KB, 646x1024) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
143 KB, 646x1024
>>43559863
I have never seen more than 4 people on the server.
>>
File: 1444526943398.png (46 KB, 381x397) Image search: [Google]
1444526943398.png
46 KB, 381x397
>>43574825
>that fucking charge spam
jesus christ what have we done
>>
>>43575104

It's pretty damn variable depending on time of day and other factors. Mezzo linked this earlier, it's pretty nice for giving you an idea about this.
http://www.ss13.se/servers/507/d20station/
>>
>>43574825

The suggested videos that come up at the end there are...interesting.
>>
What happened to the old /tg/station anyway? I never hear about it these days.
>>
>>43575105
You will have to go over every mob, EVERY MOB, and balance its abilities with active cooldowns, and not just AI controlled inhibitions.
>>
>>43575639
already did it for the basic ranged attacks but havent done it for the charge yet
>>
>>43575766
Actually being able to aim mob ranged attacks soon?
>>
>connecting failed
>>
>>43574825
Targeting option when?
Also,are colossal rats still in the GELD roster?
>>
>connecting failed
>>
>>43576732
>>43576262
I, too, am a failure.

>>43575162
No idea. They have their own politics, and I've stayed away.
>>
>>43576732
>>43576777

VNC is down, looks like comcast being their usual cheery selves.
>>
Just a question, can you clone xenos?, l mean, player controlled ones.
>>
>>43577177
I've never seen a Xenomorph clone, but you can clone a human body with a player-controlled xeno brain transplanted into them.
>>
File: Feels Noir.jpg (108 KB, 1280x842) Image search: [Google]
Feels Noir.jpg
108 KB, 1280x842
>human brains directly injected into aliens and monsters without any interfacing device or surgery simply work
>these absolutely inhuman creatures become capable of perfect human speech as a result
>chimpanzees directly mutated from a live human somehow remain incapable of ever learning to talk
I hope this isn't how the final state of this content will look. It's cool, don't get me wrong, but my autism is getting rustles something fierce.
>>
>>43577226
>can sellotape any old human brain into a MMI, brains dont die in this time
>can inject yourself with a syringe and magically become a slime
>tons other LEL WACKY shit
>being able to become a War Bear HoP rustles your autism
>>
>>43577269
Fantasy worlds still need to make sense.
>>
>>43574299
It's cool man, you couldn't have known and I should have made it clear on the engineering channel what I was doing.
>>
>>43577290
All that would happen is you would need to sellotape your brain into a Man-Mob Interface, MMI for short.
>>
File: 1435767938665.jpg (108 KB, 660x545) Image search: [Google]
1435767938665.jpg
108 KB, 660x545
>>43577226
>>43577290

>amputate right arm
>use right hand to remove right arm and attach right cyborg arm
>>
>>43577341
Which was the original plan, if I'm not mistaken.
Fancy science dog collars, or something similar.
>>
>>43577361
Yes, the game is full of legacy code and less-than-perfect case coverage, good job. Don't forget that you can shape steel with your bare hands.
Too bad we're talking about a new project, though, right?
>>
>>43577226
I've always disliked how the monkeys function, at the very least they should be able to understand human speech even if they're only able to chimper, having previously been human.

>>43577177
can only currently clone humans, not even player controlled monkeys, sadly.
I'd like to expand it eventually, but today is not this day, which is unfortunate for ian, but also means I won't yet need to deal with oddities such as cloning lasercarps for free laser guns.

>>43577362
>>43577341
I've been considering making it so that mmi's are strictly for enslavement purposes, as there has always been that grey area where a borgs mmi is removed, whether or not it has laws.
>>
>>43577397
Does that mean that you could give special directives to an MMI and implant it back into a human body? And then they have to assist you with your traitorous misdeeds.
>>
File: 1417754626429.png (347 KB, 278x453) Image search: [Google]
1417754626429.png
347 KB, 278x453
>>43577780
human skulls have very little space for anything other than what's already there

shoving an MMI in there in addition to a brain probably wouldn't fare well
>>
>>43577819
B-but I want to make technoslaves through surgery!

Maybe brain control-chips bought through the traitor menu.
>>
>>43577780
>>43577838

that'd be correct, with the ability to lock them down preventing them from interacting with their humanoid body, or otherwise designed body.

really does expand the options I think.
>>
File: freeman.png (242 KB, 1001x695) Image search: [Google]
freeman.png
242 KB, 1001x695
>>43577908
forgot relavent image
>>
>>43577819
>>43577908

Have science able to research an advanced version of an MMI, a Biological Interface. Made with fancy nano bits it fits snugly over a brain like a sleeve and allows said brain to be inserted into any (Compatible) biological body. Centcom has assured us that despite the fact that you can program (1 law? 2? 3? As many as you want?) into the sleeve before putting it on the brain, this is purely for potential security purposes. Like a more advanced form of a loyalty implant. Yes. Totally no techno zombie slaves here.
>>
>>43578212
ERP when?
>>
>Connection failed.
>>
So if you wanted to do shounen protag style self imposed handicap for training purposes, what would you use to get more robust? Cuff boots? Drunk/sleepy/tired? Broken limbs?
>>
>>43578212
People obeying silicone laws badly is bad enough; trying to enforce organic laws is going to be a shitstorm.

Not worth the administrative oversight of >adminhelp: Fordon Geeman killed me even after being put in an organic MMI pls ban him to teach him to RP right

That would result.
>>
>>43579374
No ranged weapons apart from throwing. Everything else is fair game.

Oh, but also get in fights where it's 2V1.
>>
>>43579390
True. But if given the choice would you rather have an antag kill you and be out of the round/have to respawn? Or would you rather like to continue to be in the game only now you are potentially an angry russian bear with orders to kill the station?

Also why the fuck is silicone law so hard? Why do shitters keep taking the roll? It's not hard fuckers.
>>
>>43579374
master pulling

no, seriously, swift maneuvers with pulling can turn that officer about to hit you with a baton, into the officer who just took a taser shot for you.

>>43579390
I wonder if gmans first name is fordan, shit tripped.
>>
>>43579054
It's happening to me too. What's going on?

I just wanna do R&D and build cyborgs and mechs.
>>
>>43579054
>>43579851

See >>43577064
>>
sever is down
>>
>>43579435
Silicone law isn't hard; it's just not used when shitters get their brain cut out and put in cyborgs.

This doesn't happen as much in D20 due to respawns and people just respawning or going braindead, but there have been some real shitlord bots due to their players being shitlords initially.
>>
>>43579851
So the server's fucking up for others too. I cant sign in at all.
>>
File: decisions.png (95 KB, 283x164) Image search: [Google]
decisions.png
95 KB, 283x164
>>43579435
it isn't hard, but there are a few reasons why people tend to get it wrong
the first and most obvious is that they just don't give a shit, usually in the case of shitters who only want to get their valids or epin griff
but there's also those who did care (ie, at the start of a round), but no longer do - after all, maintaining order during the constant shittery that can go on in a round really, really wears you down (which can also happen to security officers)
and finally there's ignorance - whether of how the laws themselves work (it's okay to hurt this human if it's to save every other human, right?) or due to some of the really dumb edge-cases and specifics (how law order works, how to deal with conflicting commands from crew, that your laws supercede EVERYTHING even if that means releasing the faggot slipping everyone with water from prison - and how to lawyer around that, and so on)

on the surface asimov is pretty simple, but underneath it's plagued with horrible, horrible problems and quickly turns into a spiderweb of really dumb shit if left on its own
can't say much about other lawsets though, i see them so rarely (and have experienced them directly as a borg/AI even less often) that i don't have enough experience to talk about them.

the only exception being robocop/paladin, which are objectively shit, having consistently turned out 200% terrible the few times i've seen them
i wouldn't inflict a robocop/paladin ai round on my worst enemy
>>
>>43580786
>on the surface asimov is pretty simple, but underneath it's plagued with horrible, horrible problems
This is exactly what asimov wrote about, didn't he?
>>
>>43580786
I know that laying down rules in sort of against the spirit of rules light sawyer, but for example how would YOU suggest dealing with those cases you brought up as silicone?
>>
>>43580786
>it's okay to hurt this human if it's to save every other human, right?
>how to deal with conflicting commands from crew

These ones both still confuse me. And how are the robocop/paladin ai? I've never seen them.
>>
>>43580843
his writings are basically about how borgs are required to bolt people behind vending machines in corners to make sure they don't starve to death
>>
>>43580894
This is why the zeroth law came into being.
>>
>>43580866
>paladin
Prevent/punish Evil.
Evil is never defined.

You can imagine, I'm sure, the fallout.
>>
>>43580918
"Evil is being annoying, right guys?"
>>
>>43580894
In some stories. In other ones the Robots are largely benign thanks to their laws.

Pretty sure ALL of the preset Laws can go wrong in some entertaining way though.

Corporate can get especially scary.
>>
>>43581001
corporate I find to be one of the most functional, though there is one problem with it
you're supposed to minimize costs, but mentions nothing about profits
shutting down sciences apc so they don't use materials
>>
>>43581022
Corporate can go into some terrifying penny pinching, if you've got a sufficiently diabolical player.
I think my favorite one was the announcement that it was venting the air to all areas not occupied by carbon lifeforms.

Except the Engine and Mining Colony, because you see, they had Hardsuits.
>>
>>43581112
venting the air isnt minimizing costs what a faggot.

turning off the atmospheric systems so they don't refill would be minimizing them, as atmospherics uses energy, especially while actively doing something, and energy is a cost
>>
File: 1432592897694.jpg (613 KB, 1094x1379) Image search: [Google]
1432592897694.jpg
613 KB, 1094x1379
>>43580857
>>43580866
sure
>human harm to save more humans
the laws pretty solidly state that you cannot harm or allow a human to come to harm
ideally you look for a situation in which no humans come to harm at all, and try your damndest to avoid any situation in which you harm a human, yourself. (commonly this situation crops up when a traitor is running rampant with an esword and taser; usually solved by just locking them into an area and preventing contact from either side - nobody in or out. send a borg in with stun equipment if you can, and try to talk them down)

>law order
lower number supercedes higher numbers, so law 1 overrides laws 2 and 3, law 2 overrides law 3, and law 0 or ion law override everything else
i think law 0 has priority over ion, but i don't recall specifically
>conflicting commands
always gone with 'latest order takes priority' - the new overwrites the old. this keeps possibilities for shenanigans high and doesn't require the AI/borg to remember fifty billion different commands so that it doesn't accidentally break one

>obeying orders from criminals/faggots
pretty much unavoidable
if you really want to match their faggotry you might have a chance at rule lawyering your way around their shit (ie, not taking a command from a prisoner/criminal to release them because they're likely to do harm, but this is a bit of a slippery slope)
otherwise, call them a faggot and do it

>getting robocop/paladin
suicide succumb
>Law 1: Never willingly commit an evil act.
>Law 2: Respect legitimate authority.
>Law 3: Act with honor.
>Law 4: Help those in need.
>Law 5: Punish those who harm or threaten innocents.
subjective as fuck and results in adminhelps 100% of the time
>>
>>43581173
>venting the air isn't minimizing costs what a faggot.
I only said he announced it. I never said they didn't talk him out of it.
Still, he'd operate like that all the time, his favorite thing was messing about with the lights.
On sufficiently lowpop rounds he'd follow one particular person and turn the lights on and off around them as they moved.

Benign, but annoying/entertaining.

You know something, you might be right about Corporate being the safest.
Though it's the very last set of laws you want laid down when something really really bad goes wrong and you need to spend lots of money to Fix it. Corp is about saving money. Not lives.
>>
>>43581263
I'm not certain but I think it would be one of the only ones where they could murder hobos for existing, I'd have to read it and look again as I'm not sure if it says "station employees" or "humans"
>>
>>43581305
My guess is that in keeping with the corporate theme, it says employees. After all, syndie and traitors are bad for business. Leak secrets.
>>
>>43581173
Crew members use up oxygen. If you can the air in the station you are saving oxygen.
But only if the crew does not use internals.
>>
>>43581372
it is more expensive to have the crew use internals than air that is already there, they use the same amount of air, but filling a tank requires energy to fill the canister it takes from, or the pump.

opening and closing doors also uses energy so every door is unpowered now too so everyones got all access if they have a crowbar that is nice and usable minimizing costs as they only cost 70 metal and a small fraction of power in an autolathe compared to all the power each door across the station uses for an entire shift.

where things really gets interesting is the bar, as liquor is very expensive in comparison to the things required to make it, so I hope you guys like a diet of water and uncooked mushrooms. (mushrooms don't use water to grow)
>>
File: 1446621327100.png (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1446621327100.png
12 KB, 200x200
>Wanted to play on another server
>realize l didn't know any of the people there
>grew anxious
>quit

l didn't realize how attached l was to you guys.
>>
>>43581780
we are same
>>
File: chendicks.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
chendicks.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>43581780
I'd host my local test servers for you guys if I wasn't doing such extremely experimental unfinished stuff right now, since I'd have to pull it down and bring it up repeatedly.
>>
Right so after talking with nernums a bit there's gonna be a slight change to mech construction.
Peripheral and targeting boards are now standardized. Instead of having different boards for each mech, there is now one board that each will use. Main circuit boards are unchanged, and targeting boards will be in lock boxes.
Still working on boo-berry plants and pancakes and pankeks.
>>
File: 1436748253484.jpg (74 KB, 720x660) Image search: [Google]
1436748253484.jpg
74 KB, 720x660
>>43581780
>feel so comfortable on /tg/ server because it's so small and I know most of the people there and they know me
>new people would be scary and might not like me or be willing to accept mistakes
>map and jobs would be different so I'd have work to get used to it
>>
>>43581780
I've never managed to get hugely into other servers after being attatched to d20
>>
>>43581780
>>43582086

are you me?

is the server working again?
>>
File: chen3.png (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
chen3.png
23 KB, 300x300
turns out I actually need some help testing this right after saying that
byond://67.193.62.226:53162
>>
File: 1433623678940.jpg (568 KB, 1272x1094) Image search: [Google]
1433623678940.jpg
568 KB, 1272x1094
>>43582086
>Highpop
>can't even properly read the chat since it's 2fast4me
>the jobs are significantly more harder dual to all those little extra details
>>
>>43582235
Mad science requires test subjects

LET'S DO THIS!
>>
>>43582403
ITS ALREADY FINISHED HA HA HA'

it works
>>
>>43582377
>the sound of "git gud" echos
More seriously, most high pop servers will make you appreciate the color coding of department radio chatter, and teach you the value of time- as more often than not you have less than ten minutes before an antag or just a greytiding shitter breaks open your door and raids your department.

I recall being on /vg/ one day, being called into a positronic brain from observe, getting shoved into a cyborg from, then five minutes later getting remotely a 4th law to kill all inhuman personnel on the ship- compelling me to seek out the birdman xenobiologist and club him to death with a wrench while uttering apologies.
The AI got dunked shortly after.
>>
>>43582086
>>43582377
>>43581780
>go to other servers
>run into ERP
>leave

I-I can't be unfaithful to you guys
>>
>>43582412
>it works
All right, now murder us and make us into monkeys or some shit.
>>
>>43581780
>>43582086
>Go on Hippie
>Get a locker and put stuff in it
>Everyone wants my locker, requiring me to save a clown, kick a mime and a security officer's ass, and murder a bird
>Want a welding helmet from atmos, try to get their attention over radio serveral times
>Dont' respond
>They notice me breaking in 10 minutes later
>Kick 20 of my teeth out with a fucking fireaxe
And then a Chaplain knocked me to the ground with lightning or some shit and stole my locker
>>
is serber ded?
>>
>>43582549
Sometimes I am tempted to go to other servers just to see what the ERP is like, but I know it'd probably be shitty. I'd prefer a fun game to getting my rocks off.
>>
>>43583065
>he doesn't whack off to robusting people
look at this kid he has to play with two hands to robust people
>>
>>43583108
i generally just slap my penis on the arrow keys to move around while typing racial slurs at people and shooting
>>
>>43583222
>tfw you laugh soo hard your arms curl up to your chest like a retarded t-rex and you drop what you are holding
god damn
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.