[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bladebound Retainer Quest #2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: BBRQ Title Image 1.jpg (782 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BBRQ Title Image 1.jpg
782 KB, 1920x1080
>Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Bladebound%20Retainer%20Quest
>Previous Thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46825219/
>Twitter: https://twitter.com/TaskForceKaz

[STATS]
>Combat: +++
>Social: +
>Knowledge: ++

[Traits/Perks]
>Indomitable, Rank 1: Ignore the penalties imposed by Blood Loss. Does not negate health loss.

This is a familiar place, one that you’ve visited before, and have not returned to for over an entire decade of life. A place that you thought destroyed, long forgotten by both the city and the denizens of the capital. A place you swore never to return to again.

It’s as exactly as you remember it. One of many crude shacks in the slums of the capital, it still had that insufferable scent of mildew and mold that held fast to the walls. Two rooms, a bedroom and a kitchen, with the familiar sight of old grievances and arguments ingrained throughout the structure.

The door lock is always broken. Only one man tried to steal from the inhabitants of this shack, and his disappearance was enough to turn even the bravest of thieves away. There was never a need to bar the door save for closing it against the elements.

It is the wreckage that adorns the house that is recent. Overturned furniture and shattered walls decorate the room. Broken bottles, their contents and containers left on the ground to create a noxious, billowing smoke. Foodstuffs and wine mingle together, creating a conglomeration to mix with the blood running along the floor.

And the body of an elder man, eyes glassed over and unseeing, lies slumped against the wall, bleeding profusely from countless wounds all over his body.

For every wound that decorates his body, he graced yours with three more. He did not make it an easy fight by any means necessary. This was a fight to the death. There was to be no mercy given, or taken, between the two of you.

Two pairs of blades, two dancers coming together.

Only one walks away.

(cont.)
>>
File: Lucien Painel.png (812 KB, 900x840) Image search: [Google]
Lucien Painel.png
812 KB, 900x840
Suddenly, the corpse jerks to life, limbs seizing and contorting in a macabre parody of life. Guttural moans and wheezing breaths eventually give way to a rasping laughter, voiced by a ruined throat, choked by blood and offal. It makes no effort to stand, content to smile and laugh in a pool of its own blood.

In any other situation, you would have driven your blades right into the undead’s skull. Complete and utter destruction of the head and cranium was a crude, but widely accepted method of killing an undead. And even without a given order, you would then begin the long process of hunting the necromancer stupid enough to bring his dark magic to the capital.

But you are dreaming. You know this for a fact without any hesitation, pause or reservation.
Because when you left this part of your life behind you, you made absolutely sure that your mentor was dead.

The corpse eventually stops laughing, giving you time to get in a word edgewise. “What do you want.”

It is not a question. It is a blunt statement, just barely an inch away from a snarl. The fingers of your hand clench the empty air, as if you could remotely strangle the phantom that lies before you. Not that it would do anything in the slightest.

The undead notices, and the smile to grace his face is anything but pleasant.“You aren’t going to greet your own father?” He asks in a derisive tone.

He laughs even as a fresh cascade of blood comes spurting out of his mouth. His finger waves at you in an admonishing gesture. “I thought I raised you better than that, boy. Surely you don’t mean to have devolved to a fishmonger’s brat in the years I’ve been gone?”

(cont.)
>>
>>46928906
He lies. Lucien Painel was many things, but a good father was not one of them.

You still bear the scars and phantom pains of his teachings, driven into your body ever since you were able to hold a weapon. One does simply not forget a childhood deprived of any sort of normality, where every waking moment is a fight to survive. And with your mentor, he only sought to add to the odds stacked against you.

His love was shown through years of pain.

His affection, blood and iron.

Your inheritance, death.

All in the name of creating the perfect killer.

>Choose two of Lucien’s Teachings:
>Atelier of Death: Craft your own Bombs and Poisons
>In Plain Sight: Take 75 when Disguising/Hiding/Sneaking
>Nimble Fingers: +30 to non-attack actions involving your hands (lockpicking, pickpocketing, etc.).
>Tainted Blood: +30 to Poison/Venom/Toxin Resistance Checks
>>
>>46928967
>>In Plain Sight: Take 75 when Disguising/Hiding/Sneaking
>>Nimble Fingers: +30 to non-attack actions involving your hands (lockpicking, pickpocketing, etc.).
>>
>>46928967
>Nimble Fingers: +30 to non-attack actions involving your hands (lockpicking, pickpocketing, etc.).
>>
>>46928967
>>Atelier of Death: Craft your own Bombs and Poisons
>>Tainted Blood: +30 to Poison/Venom/Toxin Resistance Checks

The first boon lead to the second is what I will believe
>>
>>46928967
>>
>>46928967
>>
>>46928967
>>Atelier of Death: Craft your own Bombs and Poisons
>>Tainted Blood: +30 to Poison/Venom/Toxin Resistance Checks
>>
>>46928967
>>
>>46928967
>>
>>46928967
>>Nimble Fingers: +30 to non-attack actions involving your hands (lockpicking, pickpocketing, etc.).
>>
>>46928967
>>
>>46928967
>>
>Atelier of Death
>Nimble Fingers

Years spent mixing components together, years picking objects out of rigged compartments. The price of failure was high, always high. At the best, the bomb would fail to explode, the poison only gave the target an upset stomach. The key would scrape against the drawer, and the pouch of coins jingled in the air. Mild and passing, nothing too dramatic.

But at the worst, the bomb would explode prematurely, the poison takes too long to bring down a mark. The trap is sprung, the sensation of a thousand needles being driven into your hand, and a desperate flight from an irate peasant determined to cut your fingers.

Pain was the greatest reinforcement your mentor used, more often than not. Never lasting, not to harm the body. But he knew how to hurt without leaving permanent damage, how to inflict pain with only the slightest of stimuli. You were quick to rectify your mistakes and learn from them. Seldom was the part where you would repeat the same error.

Only the most alert of men and women can feel you reach into their pockets, retrieving coin purses, jewelry and other miscellaneous valuables. And while he never taught you the more dangerous of formulae or concoctions, it took the most careless of errors to prematurely detonate a bomb or ruin a poison.

>Bomb Formulae:
>Hellscape (Hallucinogen)
>Night’s Breath (Smoke)
>Splintershard (Fragmentation)

>Poison Recipes:
>Bodylock (Paralysis)
>Hangman’s Noose (Asphyxiation)
>Widow Fang (Necrosis)

The only redeeming part of Lucien was his effectiveness. As much as you’d like to, you cannot deny how well his lessons lingered. The price was high and costly, but you stood far above the rest of Aderaveth’s combatants. It didn’t matter whether or not they were thieves or brigands, knights in armor or men-at-arms.

All fell before the dance of your blades.

>“What do you want, Lucien?”
>“Get out of my head, old man.”
>“You’re supposed to be dead.”
>Custom option.
>>
>>46929526
>“You’re supposed to be dead.”
>>
>>46929526
>>“What do you want, Lucien?”
>>
>>46929526
>>“What do you want, Lucien?”
>>
>>46929526
>>
>>46929526
>>
>>46929544
>>46929585
>>46929609
>>46929733
>>46929743

“What do you want, Lucien?”

That always gets him. Anything other than ‘sir’ or ‘master’ always pissed him off. And even in this dream, that trait still carries over. He scowls at your casual impertinence and snorts derisively. “Is it too much for a father to wonder how his son fares after all these years?”

“Not when it’s you.”

He shifts in his position, sitting up straighter against the wall. “That hurts, you know? Even more than the thirty nine times you stabbed me to death with that dagger of yours.”

“Excuse me if I don’t share any sort of misguided sympathies,” You spit out, your teeth clenched in anger. “So don’t try to kid yourself by playing the doting parent. That isn’t going to work on me.”

“Good lad,” Lucien’s smile returns, even wider than before. “Had you come running up to me with your arms open and outstretched, begging for an absolution, I would’ve gutted you myself. The last thing I wanted to bring into this world was bleeding heart.”

You scowl. “So is there a point to interrupting my dreams? Because the last time I checked, you’re supposed to be dead. And I’m not above ‘double tapping’ in my sleep, Lucien.”

“Dream…I suppose that’s one way of describing this little reunion. And as for why I’m here, I’m here to give you a message of sorts.”

A message in a dream. From your dead mentor, nonetheless.

You’d laugh at the surreality of the situation if it didn’t give you pause. Because in all the dreams that you’ve had of your father, this is the first time he’s actually talked back to you. Normally, it just involves kicking the corpse or adding a few new lacerations, but this time was significantly different.

Your eyes narrow. “What kind of message?”

(cont.)
>>
He directs a glowering look at you, and your feet involuntarily take a step back. That was the kind of look he gave you whenever he was serious. Serious, or about to give you a beating. Some habits are just too deeply ingrained for you to completely excise from your body.

Lucien opens his mouth, maintain the glare, and says in a soft and serious tone, “You forgot to say the magic word, boy.”

For the briefest of moments, you stand there, stricken by the abrupt nature of his words. But then the moment is ruined when the look on your face sends Lucien into a fit of bloody laughter. Literally. Every time his body shakes in amusement, blood continues to flow from every gaping wound along his body.

The dig at your expense nearly sets you off. Just as you’re about to take two steps to close the distance between you and your mentor and return the dream to the status quo, he waves a bloody hand in your direction. “Did I not teach you to keep a stoic front? You disappoint me, Marcus-”

You can’t cut his throat since it’s already a bloody mess. But what you do is hold your blade right above his good eye, crouched real close and personal with him. You can smell the scent of blood and iron, death and decay coming from his body, his breath and mouth. “Get to the fucking point before I give you another thirty nine wounds.”

The familiar sensation of falling suddenly envelops your body, and it takes every ounce of willpower not to fall flat onto the ground. The ground begins to shake, and dust comes falling from the ceiling as the dream begins to end.

“Mark my words, boy. And be sure not to forget them between your new duties,” he says the last word in disgust. “They will come to collect what is due.”

You strain as hard as you can against the vertigo to shout, “Who is coming? When? What are they going to collect?”

(cont.)
>>
ohshit, caught this live.
Randomly found this quest in the archive; I think this might actually be the first really good original fantasy quest on /tg/ in a long time. Mad props for being a good writer who doesn't just rip extant content off and ride the fandom/preexisting characterization wave. Loving the writing style.
>>
>>46930298
Have you read Snakecatcher Quest or Valen Quest?
>>
File: Young Ellana.jpg (56 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Young Ellana.jpg
56 KB, 800x600
>>46930141
Even as the world around you fades, all Lucien does is laugh that infuriating laugh of his. “I don’t know when, boy, but I do know who’s coming, and if my instinct is correct, and it usually is, I know what they intend to collect.”

“Then tell me!"

“I’m afraid that’s all the time we’ve got together. But don’t be too sad, because I wasn’t planning on telling you more. Because that would spoil the surprise…”

With a frustrated roar, you plunge the knife deep into your father’s skull, with every intention of carving that smug smile off of his face…

…only to wake up lunging against your bed sheets in a tangled mess of limbs and cloth.

“Hey, he’s a-WHOA!”

A small shape falls off of your bed, toppling to the ground with a loud THUMP and a mewling cry of pain. “Owwieee…”

You ignore that, rapidly falling into the instinctive response to check your surroundings. Stone walls, circular room, one large wooden door, fire crackling merrily in a hearth. Single window no bigger than a rain barrel. What skyline is visible affords you a glimpse of a parapet off in the distance, with the city beyond the stone. A fortress of some sort.

The absence of a familiar weight at your hips confirms that you’ve been stripped of your weapons. But that doesn’t matter. A good assassin knows how to fight without the need of weapons, bladed implements or otherwise.

You check the floor where the noise came from. A small child, in a white dress, no bigger than eight. You can't hold back the frustrated groan to to come out of your throat.. You’ve never liked using hostages-

(cont.)

>>46930298
Thank you!
>>
File: Ser Palme.jpg (180 KB, 800x1203) Image search: [Google]
Ser Palme.jpg
180 KB, 800x1203
>>46930390
-but the sword hovering at your neck does a good job of dissuading you from your hastily-formed escape plan.

The man glowering from the opposite end of the sword is a hair’s trigger away from going through with the deed. Steel eyes stare at you from a stern brow, and his mouth is clenched tight in a prominent jawline. His armor is well-maintained, but it doesn’t blind you in the slightest. More concerned about functionality than showing off the shine.

He’s dangerous. You can tell that much. From the way he holds himself, it’s clear that he’s a seasoned warrior. There’s no wasteful movements, and his body is positioned in a way to react to almost every possible move you could take.

“Calm yourself before I’m forced to do so in front of Ellana," He says in a clipped tone of voice. "The only reason I haven’t beat you for accidentally knocking her down is her distaste for violence, and a desire not to spill any more blood in this room."

He leaves you just enough room to swallow and try and find the words to respond.

>“Who are you people?”
>“Where am I?”
>“Where is my stuff?”
>>
>>46930500
>>“Who are you people?”
>>“Where am I?”
>>
>>46930500
>>“Who are you people?”
>>“Where am I?”
>>“Where is my stuff?”
All of the above
>>
>>46930500
>“Who are you people?”
>“Where am I?”
>>
>>46930500
>“Who are you people?”
>“Where am I?”
>Why am I still alive?
>>
>>46930500
>>“Who are you people?”
>>“Where am I?”

Never ask where your weapons are to the clearly protective guard,
>>
>>46930500
>“Who are you people?”
>"Why aren't I dead?"
>>
>>46930500
>>“Where am I?”
>>“Where is my stuff?”
>>
>>46930500
Why did you save me?
>>
>>46930500
>>“Who are you people?”
>>“Where am I?”
>>
>>46930500
>“Who are you people?”
>“Where am I?”
>>
>>46930357
have read the first couple of Snakecatcher and found it promising but haven't gotten around to archive diving the rest of it though it's on my list. Heard of Valen but know nothing in particular.

don't have the time to do more than skim new quests or go off recs so I tend to archive dive and see which ones do decently though, so I'm aware a lot of good stuff goes unnoticed under the radar (and archive rating is admittedly a crapshoot since a lot of bad QMs get high votes from fans of previous work and hide subpar writing by riding existant fandom of popular characters--cf. germanschteel, guide, merc command, etc ugh) It does give you some idea of how likely a QM is to follow through without getting discouraged though

I'm not really the be all end all arbiter of quest quality but the fact that a relatively new (<4months?) QM without a huge fandom from his other quest can pull 40+ votes in his first thread in a new quest is a really really good sign to me (assuming it doesn't fizzle out)
>>
>>46930800
>without a huge fandom from his other quest
But Kaz has that.
>>
>>46930800
Both the 2 aforementioned quests are new qms and their first major quests. Both write and characterize very well. Be wary of anon retardation though.
>>
>>46930500
>“Who are you people?”
>“Where am I?”

>>46930823
apologies, then? I'd never heard of him and browsing his other quest it doesn't seem like threads are overly long or have large numbers of replies. Intending on checking it out though.
>>
>>46930823
Not him, but I wouldn't really call it huge. That said the TF666 crew definitely got the ball rolling for BRQ and having the first thread bumped for a whole day helped garner interest from other people.
>>
>>46930899
Everybody is Lucifer Quest is pretty awesome. Kinda sad it's postponed this week, honestly.
>>
>>46931239
>Everybody is Lucifer Quest
Don't know what you're talking about, it's only Louise Fierre here.
>>
>>46930800
I always check everything everyday in the archives because of what you said, however if a QM is more interested in attention than he is in a good playerbase I tend to drop that quest fast, because it always ends up badly with the pandering.
>>
>Who are you people?

The knight’s eyes narrow. “I can understand not recognizing me, but to not know who your own-”

“Peace, Ser Palme…ow…” The little girl rises up from her prior position, rubbing the spot of her head where she had fallen onto the floor. You notice her eyes slightly watering from the pain, but she discreetly wipes them out of the corner of her eyes with her sleeve. “It’s…it’s alright. He’s only just woken up.”

At her actions, the now-identified Ser Palme sheathes his blade and moves towards the girl. “Milady, are you alright? The stones of the castle are far from a pillow’s cushion. I shall summon the healers immediately. I shall take care of your…” He pauses to find a word suitable for you, “…guest by myself.”

Ellana holds up a hand, only wincing briefly as she lets it fall from her head. “No, it’s alright. Father said that it was my…responsibility. And I cannot shy away from this just because of my age.”

Ser Palme looks hesitant before reluctantly nodding. “If that is what you desire. But do be careful.”

She smiles. “Am I not always?”

As they carry on, you take the time to examine your body. The hand where the crossbow bolt went through the palm has been heavily bandaged, as have all of the wounds covering your body. You attribute the lack of pain to Balmleaf, a painkilling drug; its telltale numbing and throbbing sensation is one you’d never forget.

Because only in the most severe of training injuries did Lucien administer the concoction to you. Something about it being hard to find in the wild, and even harder to find in alchemy stores and herbal shops. Its rarity had just enough effect on its price as much as the effect it had.

And so far, all the evidence and instincts are telling you that this Lady Ellana is higher up the social ladder than anyone you’ve ever met in your life.

(cont.)
>>
With their little exchange finished, they both turn to you. Palme grabs a nearby chair for Ellana to sit down on, and she scoots as close as she can to your position. She frowns in consternation when her knight pulls her a good foot back and positions himself right between the two of you.

After giving her knight a petulant glare, she returns her attention towards you. Bowing slightly in her seat, she says, “Doubtless you are temporarily impaired by your injuries. But you have nothing to worry about. You are in good hands, ser. To answer your question, I am Ellana Crowmond, second daughter of King Lionel Crowmond and fifth in line to the Aderaveth Throne.”

What.

Hold on.

Just…what?

At your stunned expression, she continues, “And this is Ser Oricai Palme, one of my father’s retainers and my guardian.”
Palme only graces you with a brief incline of his head. But you ignore it anyway. You’re still trying to reconcile the fact that out of all the people to save your life, it was a noble. And not just any noble, but one of the royal family of the Empire itself.

You are not ungrateful as much as you are in shock. Because all of the stories you’ve heard about nobles have given you a less-than-flattering descriptor of their arrogant attitudes and unsavory appetites. Not that you've ever actually met one.

Lucien taught you to read, and you snuck occasional glances at the contracts he received. From the descriptors of the noble targets that came from time to time, they were the only people you ever felt no semblance of regret for.

“And as for where you are,” Palme continues for the Princess, “You are currently residing in Karthmere Keep, in one of our esteemed guest rooms, I might add. I initially advocated for you to be housed elsewhere, but the princess insisted that you stay here. To keep a better eye on you.”

>“Why did you save me?”
>“So what happens now?”
>Custom option.
>>
>>46931935
>>“Why did you save me?”
>>“So what happens now?”
>>
>>46931935
Why would you waste your times and resources on saving a slum rat like me?
>>
>>46931935

>>“Why did you save me?”
>>
>>46931935
>“Why did you save me?”
>“So what happens now?”
>>
>>46931935
>“Why did you save me?”
"Not to sound ungrateful, but I am a nobody from the slums. I'm surprised a noble would even be down there in the first place."
>>
>>46931935
>>“Why did you save me?”
>>
>>46931986
>I'm surprised a noble would even be down there in the first place."

Remember we ran out of the slums at the end of thread 1. We likely were nowhere near them.
>>
>>46932007
Did we? I thought we dropped after we took down those two badasses.
>>
>>46931935
>“Why did you save me?”
>>
>>46932030
Nope ran out of the slums because we didn't want to die there in the same place as the men we slaughtered.
>>
>>46931935
>“Why did you save me?”
>“So what happens now?”

What do we know about the Royal family, even if it's just rumours amd hearsay? And the kingdom in general? Doing well? Monarchy undermined by nobles squabbling? Dispute between princes for the rights to succession? King well known, just ruler, warmongerer, on his deathbed, what?

>>46932030
That's what I thought too
>>
>>46932159
Oops no I was wrong. We killed the two bodyguards and then just wandered away half delirious from blood loss, just trying to get away from the slums
>>
>>46932062
Didnt we fell down after battling one of the two twins/brothers/whatever? We killed the asshat and burned his house down then we rescued the kid on the roof and then one of the brother bodyguards found us, we did our last battle and that was it, or that's how I remember it.
>>
>>46932318
We wandered around a bit after, dying from bloodloss.
>>
>>46932318
>>46850705
>this is an unfamiliar street…
>…one that you’ve never walked down before
>…you don’t know where your steps are taking you…
>…but you don’t care…
>…as long as you escape from the slums…
>>
File: Ominous Possibility.jpg (92 KB, 828x404) Image search: [Google]
Ominous Possibility.jpg
92 KB, 828x404
So guys.

Assuming we have the capability to have magic and assuming this kind of magic even exists...

We get some of dat Blink right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZgnXjXk2N0
>>
>>46928967
....late, but all of these are pretty cool anyway.

Would have liked to try out a "Take X" move in a quest just to see, but ah well.
>>
>>46932523
Rather be more than a blatant copy of an existing character.
>>
>>46932547
Not him, but how is teleportation magic, something you can find in most fantasy settings, blatantly copying another character?

That's like saying Marcus is copying Ryu from Ninja Gaiden cause he throws knives around too.
>>
>>46932547
Que?
>>
>>46932582
But Ryu doesn't throw knives.
>>
>>46932582
I hope magic is cooler than just fucking blinking and your run of the mill spells ala fireball.
>>
>>46932523
He's already got parkour down, so I'm more in the market for magic that silences landings and footsteps.

And blades that extend past their physical forms, except for mindfucking PARRIES rather than "you didn't actually dodge"
>>
>>46932582
Mostly because, he brought it up. Called it blink. And posted a video of Dishonored gameplay. Its not hard to see what he's aiming for.
>>
>>46932653
>All these implications.

Holy shit dude, I posted that cause it showed some useful applications of it. I'm not saying Marcus should be Not!Corvo.
>>
>>46932692
Alright man, sorry. You see too many people in Quests that just wanna model the MC after some vidya or anime character and I'm tired of it.
>>
Got caught up in an emergency. Please keep thread bumped while I take care of it. Should be back soon.

>>46932159
>All of this is hearsay and rumor.

>Crown Prince Emeron, firstborn of the king, is currently leading his Silver Company of knights to combat roving bands of highwaymen and monster packs. An honorable man, but he is no diplomat, prefers fighting to parleying.
>In every city, there is at least one family who has been screwed over by the nobility, either literally or figuratively.
>Gangs run rampant in the capital slums due to undermanned city guards.
>King is currently sick, Queen is too busy focusing on latest fashion trends and other imports. Emeron in command.
>Princess Adriana, second child, is a slave to fashion, but is nowhere near as bad as her mother in terms of wasting the royal treasury.
>Prince Alanus, third child, is sickly, more focused on studying to help Emeron fix the Empire, idolizes older brother.
>Princess Ellana is relatively unknown. Spent her early years fostered with the Silverow family.
>Famine and food shortages in the more distant borderlands of the Empire.
>Houses Goodyre of Sellsmere and Silverow of Branmoore are regarded as the best noble families in that they are the embodiment of nobless oblige

tl'dr - If this was Total War 2, Empire morale is kind of at a low.
>>
>>46932692
If anything Marcus should learn enchanting to have equipment with special properties rather than spending our precious stamina in unneeded moves. Pure physical+enchantments sounds better than mage-rogue hybrid.
>>
>>46932692
I'm with that anon, posting it now and someone posting the same with regards to Mia, I kinda felt you wanted a carbon copy too.
>>
>>46931935
>>“Why did you save me?”
>>
>>46932768
As long as Marcus can actually lift a wagon with little effort I'm fine with whatever. Because that shit will fuck people up when they see some little dude and don't realize he can put his fist through plate.
>>
>>46932768
Wasn't it already said that Marcus doesn't have any magic potential?
>>
>>46932854
I dont recall we ever checked that? I mean I'd be cool with Marcus not having it too, I'm fucking tired of casters.
>>
>>46932854
good thing what I suggested is more like enchanted boots and daggers rather than activated spells.
>>
>>46932810
Well I learned my mistake. I will never post anything from or get any ideas from any other media for this quest again.

>>46932854
I think you're right.
>>
>>46932891
If he has magical talent we can do it ourselves, if not we spend them assasins moneys into that, either way I dont want Marcus to focus on something that he wasnt specced towards. Sounds more reasonable to work with what we already have a headstart in than spending unneeded time in something we werent trained for.
>>
>>46932892
just switch it up. I know there aren't exactly a lot, but there's more than 1 example of implementing blink.

But really, we're drenched this far into the edge already, kinda hesitant about going any further.
>>
>>46932953
Honestly, we may have murdered our way through a shitload of people for revenge, but sparing that kid and doing this whole revenge streak on a bunch of real fucking bastards makes me think we aren't terribly edgy. A little for sure though.
>>
>>46932988
>teleports behind the boy
>rescues him by the back
>nothing personal
>>
>>46932988
We're a mass murdering psychopath.

But at least we're a good person?
>>
>>46932988
I dont see the edge when they raped and murdered your !notgf and boasted about it. I think it's a pretty natural reaction.
>>
>>46933012
>I-It's not like I wanted to you to keep taking care of your sister or anything.
>>
>>46932523
>>46932547
>>46932582
>>46932692
>>46932739
To be fair, short range teleportation and timestop gimmicks notwithstanding, a lot of that video is how I've been picturing the combat in the first thread.

Lots of really fast, brutal sneak attacks out of nowhere, ambush hit and run tactics and guts

Am curious to see how magic pans out in this setting, since the blood magic guy seemed like he had fairly unwieldy ritual casting, but Serena was apparently more like a final fantasy evoker type

OTOH apparently healing potions are rare shit, and the fact that we're handy with poisons and explosives seems to imply that mages and rogues/warriors have at least some level of parity
>>
>>46933043
He was a hunted man even before that too. They were looking to wipe his crew out, and he and Serena were the last survivors. There was clearly some kind of gang rivalry going on.

This seems sort of like a dark childhood > love redeems > tragic loss bait and switch > underhanded(?) Royal protector buildup
>>
File: Joshua_bright_yx_vs_sora.jpg (26 KB, 406x500) Image search: [Google]
Joshua_bright_yx_vs_sora.jpg
26 KB, 406x500
>>46932547
Honestly, given what I've seen so far, I think Marcus is going to turn into an edgier pic related.
>>
>>46933236
I'd be down with being Joshua
I need the 3rd game on steam already
>>
>>46933236
I got some vibes yeah. Man I have SC installed but still haven't gotten around to playing it. Not in a JRPG mood you know?
>>
>>46933249
>3rd
Yay, five more years of waiting!
>>
>>46933202
But that's not edgy. Edgy is being dark for the sake of being dark, kid days he was in the trade because of his father, then he killed him to get out which seemed like the only plaussible way since he wasnt gonna let go and I bet he wouldnt've remorse in murdering him if he tried to be diplomatic.

Love redeems is an overused trope but really no edge in there and tragic loss it's pretty logical in this enviroment considering they were in a gang doing crimes with no regards to stablished gangs, because they were trying to accumulate wealth quickly to drop all that shit behind and they didnt have time to be careful since they disliked this business.

And the royal protector in the shadows is if we decide we want that, we havent even gotten there yet, maybe we say fuck it and start another thing on our own, that's the beauty of quests.
>>
>>46932988
Homestly the assassin asshole father that we murdered is what makes it edgy. Not that edgy is always bad but it's usually better if it's a little less cliche. I've been kind of toying with the idea of making a character that was basically a triggerman in the mafia in a more fantasy style, not an edgy psychopath but someone who kills for his family because if he doesn't people he loves will get hurt. A more realistic approach to a killer in the criminal world.
>>
>>46933279
>five more years of waiting!

There hasn't been a guarantee of the 3rd game yet has there?
>>
>>46933236
Who is that?

This is you chance to vote against that to take Marcus in a different/interesting direction!
>>
>>46933313
Marcus is already different, don't worry. You can still be super original.

There was just some similarities in their backstory.
>>
>>46933236
>>46933249
>>46933255
>>46933279
>>46933301
>>46933357

Plz no boneing any adopted family members
>>
>>46933381
kek
>>
>>46933381
The only woman Marcus cared for is already dead, mang. No worries.

Until you faggots make him go for the loli.
>>
>>46933422
I swear to fucking god the moment we start waifuing in a retarded way I drop the fucking quest and burn the 4chan servers.
>>
>>46933422
>The only woman Marcus cared for is already dead, mang. No worries.
>
>Until you faggots make him go for the loli.

I'll repeat then, Please no porking any new family we make
>>
>>46933292
This is a story, there are tons of plausible reasons that you could get out from under your fathers thumb without killing him, even if the character is a complete asshole. Maybe he gave you a foundation and wants to see if you have the mettle to follow him so he releases you into the wild to see how you fare. Maybe he wants to break you of all sentimentality you have left so he lets you go and then orchestrates the death of all of your friends and makes you think it was your fault, maybe he just lost interest after you failed to meet his standard and he let you run free considering you nothing more than a failed experiment. There are lots of plausible reasons we'd be free without having to kill the asshole. It's definitely edgy. Edgy doesn't by nature make something bad though, it's when a character is composed of mostly edge or nothing but edge that makes a lame character.
>>
>>46933292
Bruh I was agreeing with you about it not being edgy.

Like the assassin training is kind of overused but is a convenient way to explain combat/utility skills and reading/writing given we aren't nobility and it's that kind of setting plus it has enough moral ambiguity

Poorly written this could come off incredibly edgy and cringy (fo srs: assassin training, killed own father, comrades in gang got purged, waifu raped and murdered, revenge stalked/killed every enemy gang member, flayed miniboss alive, cut off his dick to let him bleed to death, crippled enemy boss and let him burn to death, WORTHY FOE HONORABURU COMBATTO'd noble savage body guards) but it's well written in a believable way (for me at least)

He doesn't come off as edgelord so much as rithlessly desperate guy pushed to the edge, trying to survive and get away from it all
>>
Excellent writing QM, if your other quest is as good as this, I'm gonna continue postponing this work for chemistry and binge read
>>
>>46933492
>Excellent writing QM, if your other quest is as good as this, I'm gonna continue postponing this work for chemistry and binge read
You should read it

also Pixie a bestie
>>
>>46933422
I'd quickly find a way to make Marcus be celibate at this point to make sure no fucking waifu wars happen.
>>
>>46933484
*enough moral ambiguity that we can develop the character in any way we want
>>
>>46933492
BRQ is a bit better written than TF666 imo, but first quests are always like that.

Get ready for many critfails on d100s.
>>
File: Rolling.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Rolling.gif
1 MB, 300x225
>>46933528
>tfw some of my favorite quests acquire waifu without any war or shitflinging.

Great feeling having a good playerbase to play with.
>>
>>46933422
what if he goes for Palme

>lived Serena and she died. Fuck that noise, I'm swearing off pussy
>>
>>46933476
Again with the fucking edgy. Dark =/= Edgy. Since the chans started using edgy as a fucking buzzword everybody got a boner to call everything that has a dark undertone edgy just because.
>>
>>46933528
I'd really appreciate the thought of Marcus being faithful to his deadfu instead of doing another fucking harem like every single fucking time.
>>
>>46933561
Which ones, cause I need to see this.
>>
>>46933603
kek.

>You know, you've got really toned arms.

>"Dude what the fuck?"
>>
>>46933631
Sleeping Gods seemed to pull this off.
>>
>>46933528
Or there could just be one waifu.
>>
>>46933734
To be fair Howa was pretty much the only waifu candidate.
>>
>>46933746
The one that is dead.
>>
>>46933734
I will agree with that. Howa is only waifu we need.

>>46933746
>one waifu
And she's fookin' dead, kiddo.
>>
>>46933631
>Homeless Mutie (Replaced waifu wars with powersperging)
>Sleeping Gods
>Hellborn kinda, there was some arguing but once it came down everyone was down and onboard with Wolf
>>
>>46933750
exactly.
>>
Update never?
>>
Kaz died, pray to ancient of days to bring back the lawfag
>>
>>46933764
>>46933758
>FNQ intensifies
>>
>>46933769
>homeless mutant
When is Crusty coming back?
>>
And I'm back. Sorry about the delay, guys.

Writing...
>>
>>46933528
>being this thin skinned
>>
>>46933791
After he saves the world in secret once more
>>
File: Hero Point Activated.png (249 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Hero Point Activated.png
249 KB, 800x600
>>46933631
Oh you want to know a weird as fuck one where there is a shitload of waifus but no waifuwars and no romance in the story so far?

Fucking Holy Sword Quest (RIP Sparks). Like there are like 8 girls that are all pretty cool, but there is this weird peace between players.

Probably cause most people like Galadriel.
>>
>>46928855
OMG! Yay a Kaz thread I can take part in now I am not banned.
>>
>>46933800
Waifufags can destroy quests anon, careful with what you wish for.
>>
>>46933816
>Holy Sword
When is that coming back as well?
Galadriel is only true brofu anyways.
>>
>>46933816
So when are we gonna try to resurrect sparks?
>>
>>46933817
First tripfag? Truly it is a sad day, the beginning of the end.
>>
>>46933816
Ehh, holy sword was more of a cold war, but they WERE there.
>>
>>46933862
sorry, I forgot to take it away, my civ thread has slowed down (machine civ)

this quest's well written as fuck. learning from it.
>>
>>46933846
>>46933843
I think real life got him and questing shifted far, far down the totem pole of priorities for him. Shit sucks, but what can you do.
>>
>>46933608
I think a lot of what constitutes "edge" also depends on the quality of writing as well

Like if something is needlessly dark, or grimmer and darker just for the sake of distinguishing a speshul snowflake character (character uses a scythe and wears black and cries blood and etc etc) that just smacks if amaturish teen edginess

otoh the Nolan Batman films were "edgy" in that they were darker and grittier and pushed the boundaries of what audiences expected of a superhero film but they were generally well plotted out; the joker's "edginess" was logically consistent and perfectly suitable for the films

See >>46933484 and look atour history and the shit we've done in just the first thread
>comrades purged
>waifu raped to death
>revenge murdered every mook
>flay Zera alive, cut off his D
>cripple Asmodai, leave him pinned in a burning building

Objectively listed like this, it's kinda cringy. But reading the thread itself it flows just fine with the character because it's well written

But w/e I get the feeling we're all arguing about the same thing and not really disagreeing
>>
>>46933968
Drop everything and only do questing until you can no longer type anymore.
>>
Your opinion of the Aderaveth Empire’s nobility is not completely based on hearsay and rumor. Your training didn’t leave you with too much opportunity to see the effects for yourself, but what you’ve been able to verify leaves you with no saccharine taste.

Food shortages in the distant and frontier cities far away from the city. Malicious lords feeding even more unsavory appetites. And…gang violence in the capital, running rampant due to an undermanned city guard. The slums could deal with themselves, cut off and self-contained far away from the other sections of the city.

Sure, there were good nobles here and there. Silverow, Goodyre. And you’ve more than certainly heard of Crown Prince Emeron and his attempts to get the Empire together. Then again, it’s a common saying that for every good noble, there are at least a dozen bad ones down the line. Whether or not Emeron and his allies ended up fixing the Empire was all on their shoulders.

But that wasn’t any of your business. Right now, you could care less about the Immediate Heir to the Throne. Your focus lies instead to the little girl sitting in front of you. “Why did you save me?”

That’s what tried to come out of your mouth. Instead, a series of coughing fits overcame your body. Your throat feels drier than the cobblestones on a hot summer day. Ellana is quick to aid you, fetching a small cup of water. You ignore your instinct to guzzle down the liquid, and take your sweet time savoring the sensation.

It’s the best water you’ve ever tasted.

“…thank you…milady,” You mutter, once you’ve cleared your throat. “But…as I was saying earlier…why did you save me? I’m just…”

An assassin.

A killer.

A monster.

A failure.

“…just a street rat.”

(cont.)
>>
>>46934007
Why persist
>>
>>46933989
To me something edge is like I said before, dark for the sake of darkness. It doesnt have any logic, he just does dark shit because "omg so cool and mysterious". If there's a good chain linking together a dark and mysterious personality and he doesnt go full retard (aka acting like an emo teen when he's a supposedly older character or a psycho when he thinks it's convenient instead of all the time) I think it's just a dark undertone rather than edge.

Also I swear to fucking god this captchas are asscancer.
>>
>>46933528
Could always just hit critical mass with shitposting til nobody even cares like BQ

I'm pretty sure that quest only functions because everyone left has hit the "just fuck me up senpai" stage and the quest itself has hit a weird equilibrium of "let's see where this train wreck goes" + "let's see what else we can fuck up" and Soma's autism level of world building fuels everyones mildly disinterested curiosity
>>
>>46934026
For glory and honor.
>>
>>46934072
Current spirit war has been pretty fun. And that the players made an instant fail DC into an instant win by finding bonuses was pretty cool.

But you're right I stopped carrying about the girls in that quest a long time ago.
>>
>>46934072
You know, I always wanted to read Banished Quest just to see what went wrong. I mean, nearly 200 threads and it's still going? Like, what's going on there that people keep on coming back?

Then I hear about the complaints and what not and noped my way out of those thoughts and have never looked back.
>>
>>46934113
Great worldbuilding and a world that you want to explore is one of the biggest draws.
>>
>>46934113
I read some Banished Quest but didnt pay any attention to the anon-players, what are the complaints?
>>
>>46934137
Something like crit falling part of a sex roll and then nearly having the MC die because of a cursed masked that anon's knew was cursed and did it anyways. Those are the two biggest I've heard.

>>46934129
That's great and good, but what's the objective? What's the Main mission?
>>
>>46934101
Yeah I still follow it and soma is still a good enough writer that I'll occasionally get super hype if something cool happens, but most of the time the lore and bait sidequests and powerups just don't interest me anymore. That quest is bizarre in that in universe, everything Mik has done is ludicrously fast, yet we can spend entire threads basically trying to figure out the best way to get dressed and step out the front door

the fact that we will never ever explore the vast majority of the tools we have at our disposal because of short attention spans and pointless sidequests has also probably contributed to my disinterest
>>
>>46934011
Ellana smiles at you, before reciting, “It is the duty of those endowed with privilege to act with generosity and nobility towards those less than privileged.”

You stare at her, before she makes a face and sticks out her tongue. “At least, that’s what my brother told me, and the tutors made me memorize. But I completely agree with him. I saw someone in need, and I chose to help him out. Is that so wrong a thing?”

Palme coughs and casts a begrudging glare towards his charge. “Milady…I do not mean to disparage you when I say this, since you did a very, very good thing. Gods be praised, if only we could get your sister to follow suit. But be that as it may, it was completely unnecessary to use your vial of Goddess Tears. We explicitly told you to only use it in case of desperate emergencies. No offense, ser.”

“None taken.” There really was no other way to respond to the knight. And even though you can see where his argument comes from, a small portion of your brain can’t help but call him an asshole for it.

Ellana looks downcast at the criticism directed to her. Grimacing, you put yourself on the chopping block and get the focus of their attention onto you. You can’t stand the sight of sad faces. “So…what happens now? I mean…you saved my life. I can’t ignore that. But where do we go from here?”

The knight exhales deeply, running a hand through his hair. “That’s question now, isn’t it? There are already tongues wagging in the keep about the princess bringing a commoner into the castle. And your siblings, princess, are so desperate to see who it is you’ve got housed in here.”

“Yes, I know. And…” She pauses, hands wrinkling the cloth of her skirt before turning to you, “I’m sorry if I’ve inconvenienced you. I just couldn’t leave you there to die when I could do something about it.”

(cont.)
>>
>>46934180
>That's great and good, but what's the objective? What's the Main mission?

That's the thing. There is no main objective. It's just exploring, learning about the world, getting more powerful, and getting artifacts

It's 'Sidequest the Quest'
>>
>>46934180
Yeah anons are fucking braindead in BQ, the fuckers will say yes to anything even if it's obviously harmful or they had some recent bad experience.

I dont say you shouldnt explore, but holy fuck if you just got injured from a fight dont go looking for another.
>>
>>46934206
The word you're looking for is sandbox, and I fucking love those campaigns, just take the universe and fuck with it as you please while I give you a couple pointers in the way so you can see the awesome sights if you want.
>>
>>46934184
She saved our life and she is worried about if she inconvenienced us.

She is very polite isn't she?
>>
File: Not this day, criminal scum.png (60 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Not this day, criminal scum.png
60 KB, 300x168
>>46934248
Stop it, I see where you're going anon, I smell your waifuing from a mile away.
>>
>>46934137
The anons have done some really retarded shit that they knew was an awful idea, the QM got drunk a few times and shit got really weird, and the waifu wars got bad for a period. I lost interest not long after we got unbanished and then left for Elaudia. That whole dragon son thing was really creepy to me as well, but on the flip side we're supposed to be half insane anyways so it at least makes a bit of sense.
>>
>>46934280
Nigga please. You might be projecting there or being really paranoid. I'm not into loli and yes I know what board I am on.
>>
>>46934180
That's just a meme desu. Doing stupid/risky shit is kind of ingrained within the character at this point

The main objective was to get unbanished (which was technically achieved way ahead of schedule due to players conning a messenger of god) and everything else is just derping around. QMs goal was to achieve the sort of sandbox freedom you get in Skyrim

It's probably frustrating because with how open it is nearly anything is possible, but between the QM actively encouraging shitposting, and a schizophrenic player base, the quickest way to get frustrated is to be interested in accomplishing something/some goal because whatever you're invested in is most likely going to be forgotten/delayed when anons are distracted by the newest shiny toy

Taking the least efficient/most needlessly dangerous route for no reason has basically become a meme in that quest, mask/bar memeposting being examples of this.

mask was a relic of a failed god summoning ritual that PC was warned repeatedly not to put on but put on anyways, resulting in being infested with a parasitic sanity draining abomination, bar was....uhhh think PC needed a guide and decided that threatening a midget with fire tricks was better than asking or bribing. Failed the roll and accidentally burned down the bar they were in, instead.
>>
>>46934280
>tfw antiwaifufags are just as annoying as waifufags
>>
>>46934328
Worse sometimes. Can't even talk about a female character without being accused.
>>
File: Ellana3.jpg (234 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Ellana3.jpg
234 KB, 800x600
>>46934184
“Shut up and eat take the bread. You think I’m just going to let you die here, of all places? That’s not gonna happen. Too bad if you want to die. You’re not going to the gods just yet. Not while I’m here, not as long as I draw breath.”

For a moment, you stop breathing.

The gods have a twisted sense of humor. The words that come from the princess’ mouth are almost identical to the words that Serena once said to you so many years ago. You’d laugh, laugh and cry, but you aren’t sure what Palme would do in response. Punch you, maybe, stick you if you were unlucky.

When finished your dance with Artu and Arton, wandering the streets without any destination or future, you were content to die. There was nothing left to live for, now that you’ve done everything.

But now?

She must be smiling from the grave. This had to be her doing. Somehow, by whatever means, you just know that she’s somehow responsible for this. You are not a man of the faith by any means necessary. But for this, you’d be willing to believe. Even from the grave, she still saves your life, gives you another future to live for.

Albeit a future that was not going to be easy. A future you were going to have to work for.

Just as she would have wanted.

The corner of your mouth tugs up in amusement. Just like that sentimental woman to worry about you, even in death.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Ellana says, interrupting your train of thought. “I’m afraid I never did catch your name, ser…”

You take a deep breath, expelling your doubts and mental fog from your body with a well-practiced motion. It would have been impossible to completely rid yourself of everything. Only time will tell whether or not your other wounds shall heal on their own.

“My name is Marcus Painel,” You slowly say. “And I promise you that...”

>“I’ll work hard to pay you back for your kindness.”
>“My life is yours to do with as you wish.”
>Custom option
>>
>>46934280
Please no waifu the loli, I have PTSD from Shadow Quest and can't take it again. You fucks are so creepy it's not even funny.
>>
File: Dredd flames.gif (166 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Dredd flames.gif
166 KB, 500x281
>>46934297
>Singing the praises of a female character
>Not waifuing

Suspicious, but I'll let it pass.

>>46934328
>mfw 30 threads in I let pass one of those and everything descends into waifuland.
>>
>>46934352
This man, he has a tendency to obsessively commit to things
>>
>>46934352
>>“My life is yours to do with as you wish.”
>>
>>46934352
>>
>>46934352
Got nothing else to go back to.
>>
Really loving the discussion you had while I was gone. Helps me improve as a QM and as a writer.
>>
>>46934352

I hope we're not fucking route-locked to babysitting because if so I'm gonna be dissapointed.
>>
>>46934352
>I will strive utmost at whatever task you lay for me.
>>
>>46934352
>>
>>46934352
>>
>>46934352
>>
>>46934385
Which part? We talked about a lot of stuff.
>>
>>46934352

Man, we don't know shit about this kid. She may have done us a favour and saved our life, but that's no reason to swear a life debt

Plus, same on their end, the hell would they do with the life service of a common nobody? Awkward AF go have this dude swear his life to you
>>
Guys why dont we pull a valar morgulis, three names and we're out of her service?
>>
>>46934356
Hey Dredd.

I'm going to vote for talking to female character cause I think she might something interesting to say and might help develop the plot.

Even if there is another option to talk to a male character.

And there is nothing you can do about it.
>>
File: THE LAW.jpg (98 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
THE LAW.jpg
98 KB, 1920x1080
>>46934441
We'll see about that, the law never rests, scum.
>>
>>46934352
except I'd word it more grave or serious, something more along the lines of "you saved my life, so now it's yours, use it well"
>>
>>46934416
I'm waiting for her to callously stick us into a weapon to be eternally indentured as a servant.

>>46934418
Mostly because markus doesn't have much of a purpose right now.
>>
>>46934496
But swearing an oath is fucking retarded, what if we find something we want to do later but we're tied because we went full tard and attached ourselves to this? Do you have the balls to desert and have a way more serious charge than just being an ex-gang member?
>>
>>46934517
>Really want to own a bakery.
>But swore a life debt
>Damn my impulsiveness.

In all seriousness though, Marcus seems like the kind of guy to take saving his life super serious. Least that's why I am voting that way even if it may be short sighted.
>>
>>46934517
Well, meta wise we're obv going to be tied to this princess character so no harm in the long run, but yeah, swearing a life oath really makes no sense at all IC

Kinda bothers me that we're being shaped as some kind of purposeless death seeker who's going to be redeemed/find new purpose in a child. Especially since this instant "you have my life" is kinda pants on head retarded since we haven't told them we're an assassin, technically a mass murderer, and what we know of nobility is that they're probably bad news
>>
>>46934416
>the hell would they do with the life service of a common nobody?

Once they found out he could probably give ser strong-chivalrous-jawline over there a run for his money or kill him in a fight?

Probably keep him around to stab people, I'd think.
>>
>>46934517
From his perspective, i cant imagine why he would think that far ahead while discounting that she saved his damn life.

That said, I'm not above changing the terms to fulfilling a debt and then renegotiating.

Changing >>46934402
To
>work hard pay back
>>
>>46934352
>>
>>46934597
Because he's not a fucking retard basically. Giving her a favor? Sure, I can see it, a life for a life dealio sounds neat. Swearing oneself into servitude? Nope, not having it.
>>
>>46934352
>>
>it's unrealistic to swear a life oath

>they say about the obviously mentally unstable man who is having actual flashbacks right now

Yeah, it may be silly for him to do it, but he's a bit loopy right now if you didn't notice.

I didn't vote, so don't ree at me.
>>
>>46934591
No I get that.

But we don't know them, and we don't have any reason to trust them. Palme doesn't trust us, and the kid is just a kid who doesn't know better. We're obviously not going to be like "BY THE WAY I AM A TRAINED ASSASSIN AND HIRED KILLER, SPECIALIZE ON POISON AND BOMBS KILL COUNT IN THE DOUBLE DIGITS ALSO I CAN TORTURE AND INTERROGATE PEOPLE AND YESTERDAY I CUT OFF A MAN'S DICK AND LET HIM BLEED TO DEATH :D :D :D"

And they know nothing about us. We're just a random peasant who was bleeding to death outside. We're nothing but a liability and a curiosity to them as far as they know.
>>
>>46934664
>We're just a random peasant who was bleeding to death outside
Also armed and covered in more blood than a single person could possibly have.
>>
>>46934659
I dont know if you ever were disoriented but the last thing you do is take decisions. You just stumble around and space out a lot you dont fucking go "MY LIFE FOR AIUR".
>>
>>46934659
Is he mentally unstable? Survived severe bloodloss and a traumatic series of life and death experiences, sure, but a bad dream about his father (especially a chronic dream) doesn't seem like grounds for saying he's mentally unsound and doesn't know what he's doing
>>

Ellana seems taken aback by your declaration. Her face flushes a furious shade of red, as she stammers out, “Wait…wait, you do not have to do that! I mean, it is the duty of a noble to help a commoner…but you seriously don’t…I mean…your life is…”

Surprisingly, Ser Palme laughs, and the sound echoes off of the stone walls. The door opens, revealing a surprised, concerned looking servant. The knight waves her off with a gauntleted fist, and she begrudgingly closes the door.

“It is our responsibility as humans to reap what we sow, my princess. You cannot back away now that you find the harvest discomforting.”

Ellana furiously turns to the knight. “But…but…”

“You saved his life. He owes you his in exchange. That is the way it has always been since before your ancestors conquered Kaithe, and will continue to be so until the end of time. To save a man’s life is to own him. Not literally, but you get my meaning. Are you surprised to hear me say that? Your second brother was very eager to share that book of eastern philosophy with me the other day.”

His amusement subsides, and he looks you up and down with a sharp eye. “Painel…f that is the name to go by, I will believe it. But be honest with me. I know things, things that most people aren’t able to see. You are no stranger to combat, are you not? Calloused hands, numerous injuries, and if my suspicions are correct…a crossbow bolt through the palm of your hand. Not to mention a lifetime of scars across your body.”

You’d whistle if you could do it without hurting your throat. Palme is good. Really good. Not your average ponce in shining armor.

“Tell me…what was the business that you were in before Princess Ellana saved your life?”

>A failed assassin. (Truth)
>A street fence. (Half-truth)
>An adventurer. (Lie)
>Custom option.
>>
File: 1440991052388.gif (4 MB, 300x236) Image search: [Google]
1440991052388.gif
4 MB, 300x236
>>46934692
>You just stumble around and space out a lot you dont fucking go "MY LIFE FOR AIUR".

...y-you don't? Is that not normal?

Shit. I need to call some people.
>>
>>46934692
I dunno bruh I apparently said some pretty stupid shit when I was high on meds after I got my wisdom teeth pulled
>>
>>46934664
Wow you are seriously assmad right now. How about you go get a sip of cold water and cool your head.

If you think they won't find out about how combat capable Marcus is you're a fool, even if we don't tell them, and even if we avoid fighting. Marcus could tell Palme was an experienced fighter just from his posture, and Palme could probably do the same to Marcus if he really is any good, especially from watching how he reacts to things.

We're bound to hang around them for a while and that means something is bound to happen that will oust us, because that's how things work.

Jesus dude.
>>
>>46934717
>>A failed assassin. (Truth)
"With that out of the way are you sure you want me here? Think carefully about this."
>>
>>46934717
>A Visionary Robbed Of His Future
>>
>>46934717
>A street fence. (Half-truth)
don't want Mr. high-and-mighty up on our case. At least, not while Ellana is present.

He probably already suspects, anyway
>>
>>46934717
>I lived on the streets and was fortunate enough to have a mentor who trained me
>I survived
>>
>>46934723
How many times did you get married?
>>
>>46934717
>>
>>46934717
A man who got his vengeance.
>>
>>46934717
>>
>Custom option.
A vigilante of sorts, if you will.

>>46934736
WHOAH HOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>46934717
>>
>>46934730
>assmad
I'm not haha. I just allcaps to emphasize how it seemed stupid; mb if you took it that way

but you're right in that our scars/etc have already been seen through and the vote is over anyways
>>
>>46934717
"Right before you found I wiped out an entire gang for taking something precious from me."

Be upfront, we just swore a life debt,
>>
>>46934717
I wouldn't necessarily say failed assassin, they really don't need to know about our childhood atm, just say you were an enforcer (the enforcer?) in your gang before it got wiped out. It gets the point across that you're a killer without going into uncomfortable specifics about our childhood and family.
>>
>>46934779
A weapon to surpass metal gear?
>>
>>46934717
>>
>>46934717
>>A killer/gladiator. (half-Truth)
At the end of the day, we'll save her life 2 or 3 times in turn and call it even.

Id rather not focus on the assassination bits, but you can't explain away the scars with just stealing and fencing.
>>
>>46934779
Where did my link go?
>>46934717
>>
File: stab.jpg (114 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
stab.jpg
114 KB, 500x363
>>46934717
>>
>>46934717
My last mission could be considered a success at least.
>>
File: Dark knight.png (264 KB, 900x1153) Image search: [Google]
Dark knight.png
264 KB, 900x1153
>>46934779
Let's step up the ante
>Custom option.
The embodiment of vengeance.
>>
orz

Are we seriously telling the very talented bodyguard of a member of the Royal family, who is still somewhat suspicious of us that the vagrant they picked up off the street is a former assassin? Really?
>>
>>46934818
>Every Red Snake.jpg
>>
>>46934730
>>
The Knight is right, we're obviously a man soaked in sin and the life's blood of many. I wouldn't say "innocents", but there were probably lots of people who weren't that bad who met their end at the ends of our blades.

So if she doesn't want us around, or wants to keep us at arm's length, that's completely understandable.
>>
>>46934717
Before you found me I had just finished wiping out a gang for raping and killing the love of my life. Before that I ran in a small time gang with her hoping to get out of the city one day. Before that I was trained by my bastard of a father to kill in a myriad of ways.
>>
>>46934829
What's he gonna do, kill us?

With the little lady here?

We could go full The Hound and she would probably be horrified but not let Palme kill us.
>>
>>46934829
We just swore a life-oath, why not go full retard and admit every crime we've done AND with great detail?
>>
>>46934730
>>46934837
Well, shit. Last time I try to post without my glasses.

>>46934717
Meant to link
>>
>>46934849
>We could go full The Hound
The Hound was hired by a family of psychos, not an innocent little girl and a honorable knight.
>>
>>46934852
It's like this thread is full of guys who proclaim their undying love and desire for marriage on the first date
>>
There's literally no point in lying. Our guy thinks he's basically done. If she bids our head removed from our shoulders, that's probably fine with us. Before this, we were hoping to be reunited with Sweet Serena.
>>
>>46934860
I know that feel.
>>
>>46934829
Yes. We just swore a life debt. They have a right to know what they are getting into.

If they don't want us they can kick us out.
>>
>>46934829
Don't ask me. I voted for the half-truth.
>>
For fucks sakes you guys, have a little tact. You don't need to fucking tell them our life's story, just tell them you're a killer, if they want specifics ask a beggar kid who Markus Painel is, they'll tell you all you need to know.
>>
File: SadPalpatine.jpg (90 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
SadPalpatine.jpg
90 KB, 1024x768
>>46934869
Also I've always struggled with that, is it an honorable or a honorable? Fucking silent h's.

>>46934877
I'm sad now.
>>
>>46934829
Yes.
>>
>>46934869
And she would stop him from harming us because she's an innocent, naive little girl. Honestly, anon, it's like you can't even read people.
>>
>>46934829
We certainly can't lie about knowing how to fight, but yes assassination in particular is something we really shouldn't touch on. There are a number of acceptable alternatives to that above that possibly even more true.
>>
>>46934890
>Kick us out

Kick us into the dungeon. Because we're admitting we're criminals.
>>
>>46934906
In that instance it would be "an honorable". You should be able to just say it aloud and you'll feel whether it is right or wrong if you're a native speaker.
>>
>>46934910
She will be cool with forgiving a murderer because she's an innocent girl, and the knight is gonna let her keep us out of prison because...?
>>
>>46934910
You cant be serious.
>>
>>46934933
No habla englís, I'm not native but meh, I talk enough that I may figure it out.
>>
>>46934890
I thought we were basically a survivor with questionable morality who was reeled in and reformed somewhat by Serena and generally uses his memories of her as a yardstick of what to do?

This thread seems more like failed paladin with the 100% straightforward honesty and honour
>>
>>46934922
We were covered in blood. It think its obvious we were killing people.
>>
>>46934943
Failed assassin, as in trained but never actually assassinated anyone. No, street thugs wanting to kill you count as self defense.
>>
>>46934958
But she doesnt know if it was assassin work or something else you fucktard. Assassins are the lowest common denominator, at least it's like that in every universe I know, maybe in this one assasins are honored.
>>
>>46934957
I just can't find a reason to lie in this case. I feel it'll cause more problems when it's found out later down the line if we lie.
>>
>>46934958
Fundamental difference between "caught up in gang violence protecting myself/things important to me" and "failed contract murder" though

Even "gang enforcer caught up in some violence" sounds better than "I take money to kill people"
>>
>>46934972
>Wanting to kill you
>We roamed the entire fucking city murdering everybody in different spots.

10/10 explanation, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

At least I hope the dungeon escape will be cool.
>>
>>46934972
So? There's a world of a difference between killer and "failed assassin" to a bodyguard and person in power.
>>
>>46935000
You know we can elaborate. As in we were trained but left before we did any hits and joined a gang.
>>
>>46934906
In regards to a or an always ignore silent letters and match it to the first audible sound. honorable is pronounced onorable, so it's an, but. With y it's matched to the sound again, a yacht an yttrium molecule.
>>
>>46935019
Not that guy but I agree. A gangster it's a step above an assasin, even if it's not that far above.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.