[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever had moments where shit around the gaming table
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: T555.jpg (180 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
T555.jpg
180 KB, 604x453
Have you ever had moments where shit around the gaming table got a little too real, /tg/?
>>
>>46895203
I had a player pull out a knife on me because I killed his mary sue character.
>>
>>46895453
Storytime?
>>
>>46895203
>be me a agnostic with two groups in high school
>after high school a buch of friends leave for jobs/college
>well shit neither party has the people to continue
>how about we start a new DH session with the remains of both party's?
>they like the idea except for this new guy from party two we got a couple months ago
>we decide that he doesn't have to come if he doesn't want to
>both groups show up including new guy
>seems fine at first new guy actually having fun
>newguy makes a sandnigger joke
>sandnigger from party one laughs and makes a whitefag joke
>we all laugh
>except new guy who seems actually mad at the joke
>he makes a "joke" about nukeing sandnigger in disturbing detail
>Nobody laughs
>sandnigger just keeps quiet
>new guy keeps egging him on
>we awkwardly try to get him to shut up nicely
>new guy: why are you quiet? Planning to bomb some American building?
>sandnigger: don't know are you planning on buying some slaves?
>new guy freaks the fuck out and starts to shout and scream about "fucking terrorists"
>we tell him to get out now before we through him out
>says he is trying to protect group two from "the turban lovers"
>we through him out forcefully
>he leaves never to be seen again
Fucking hell what a arsehole
>>
File: 1446561518925.jpg (24 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446561518925.jpg
24 KB, 500x375
>Dragon Age RPG
>We're at our FLGS chilling
>This kid wants in, our DM, bless him, is too nice to turn him down
>Don't mind either way, maybe he's cool
>He's not
>He's the opposite of cool
>He's the Harold Lauder of uncool
>His character's a hunter guy with a falcon
>He starts listing off (with no provocation) LOADS of falcon facts literally nobody cares about but him like an encyclopedia
>At one point a guy asks what his falcon's name is
>Cold eyes, he says "Falconeers don't give them names, you should know that."
>Awkward silence
>Later
>Someone makes an offhand joke about killing his falcon
>He goes completely dark and serious and we all realize he's not talking about the game anymore
>"You don't want to do that. Trust me."
>Awkward silence all around
>We never see him again
>>
File: 4264755474.jpg (68 KB, 370x499) Image search: [Google]
4264755474.jpg
68 KB, 370x499
>>46895203
Only the one time when a pair of players conspired to slip a third a love potion so they could fuck his character. We were 14 and it was our first attempt at roleplaying. A few years passed before our second attempt.
>>
A player once came out of the trap closet to me, and also confessed to wanting the D.

A different player told me about the time he was "raped" by a gay roommate.

Another one got a warrant served midsession, police were looking for weed since he was a dealer. dissapears for a few hours, comes back waaay later that night and shittalks cops while smoking a massive joint.

One guy jerked off in a session, he thought he was muted and finnished really loudly.

Then there was the guy who went into detail about his abusive father and explaining why he thought that was related to his bdsm fetish. actually three players have had something like that, now that I think about it, but only one went into that kind of detail.

gamefinders yeild some high quality players.
>>
>>46895772
I should probably specify that the first one wasnt a gamefinder anon... unfortunately.

and before you ask, we did not fug, he was not a particularly good looking trap. Also he sudoku'd a little while after.
>>
>>46895772
What do you mean by 'raped,' exactly? Did he say no homo and play a slide whistle after? Was it April 1st and Ashton Kutcher jumped out of the bushes to tell him it was all a prank, bro?
>>
File: most curious.jpg (77 KB, 637x685) Image search: [Google]
most curious.jpg
77 KB, 637x685
>>46895844

What's a slide whistle?
>>
>>46895203
>play with "roleplaying friendly" group
>two females thank god, one my wife, the other my wife's firend
>generally make the players act out their actions, good times are had
>trying to get past a guard
>this guy is the king of willpower
>finally one of the girls decides to flash the characters tits
>jokingly say that if she rolls a nat 20, she's whipping them out
>rolls a nat 20 and actually whips them out for the hell of it.
>good times indeed
>>
>>46895826
>Also he sudoku'd
Jesus.
>>
>>46895863
This is a slide whistle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgGTdZT1dgA
>>
File: 1461452176213.jpg (48 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1461452176213.jpg
48 KB, 480x270
>>46895772
I don't know if I should be sorry or fascinated
>>
>>46895901

My curiosity has been sated, for now
>>
>>46895844
he sucked a guy off after the two found out they both were ok with dicks. unfortunately for my player, this guy wasnt his fetish and regretted the dick sucking almost immediately, but felt pressured into the situation so he kept going.
a few days later roommate gets all touchy feely with him and pressures him into getting pegged.

next day he gets head from anon again, then lets loose the bombshell that he didnt wash the shit off his dick yet.
>>
File: laughing skull.gif (174 KB, 299x240) Image search: [Google]
laughing skull.gif
174 KB, 299x240
>>46895923
>>
>>46895919
If that wasn't silly enough, here's some more slide whistle.

https://youtu.be/z2J2a3UMubM?t=20s
>>
>>46895877
I feel like you're intentionally avoiding saying who actually flashed the group. It was your wife, wasn't it?
>>
Once during high school, a group member brought his really hot but incredibly dumb girlfriend to a session.

He made her a character on the spot and as luck would have it, high charisma and good looks, like hers, were in.

About an hour in, we're back in town after a quick journey from where we left off and haggling over armor prices. She asks if her character (having been found on the journey back) can persuade the blacksmith with seduction.

DM:"yeah sure"
Her: "Does she have big boobs? Can I make her flash him?"
We all laugh a bit and BF and DM agree she can have big boobs if she wants and can try that startegy.

"Well I mean if theyre big like mine it might work."

"Haha maybe, as long as its not all just bra padding."

She gets a bit offended and shouty and almost ends up flashing the whole table to prove her tits are actually that big. I mean she lifted the shirt and was about 5 seconds from letting the twins out and the boyfriend almost ALMOST let her do it but stopped her last second.

I fapped to the memory of her tits almost spilling out of her bra though.
>>
File: feded.png (118 KB, 224x185) Image search: [Google]
feded.png
118 KB, 224x185
>>46895702
>At one point a guy asks what his falcon's name is
>Cold eyes, he says "Falconeers don't give them names, you should know that."
>Awkward silence
>>
>>46895826
>Also he sudoku'd a little while after.
Should've given him the D, then. You did done screwed up anon.
>>
The more I think about it, I think for a lot of my AdEva sessions people must have assumed I was on something. Like, the incidents that particularly spring to mind are the one where I showed up dressed up from head to toe AS the angel and put on a voice. And the other time, that the entire battlemat of the geofront was made out of food I cooked and candy and anything eaten (including player's models) was proportionately destroyed.
>>
File: Ummmfalcons.png (480 KB, 878x474) Image search: [Google]
Ummmfalcons.png
480 KB, 878x474
>>46895702
Hey, I remember when you last told this story a few months back.
I made you this.
>>
>>46896088
You sound like an awesome gm.
>>
>>46895917
i dont mind. half of my enjoyment in tg shit is the crazy drama that guys bring. i mean thats not even close to an exhaustive list of the freakiest shit ive gotten into thanks to tg.

my last irl group i joined (not created) was run by a college classmate and his wife (they were 40-ish). he was actually a pretty cool guy and a great gm. except I was the only player in the group without a history of taking it in the ass, and im fairly certain they were all fucking eachother on the side. which is a little more disturbing when you realize the only chick was the gms wife and two of the players were flaming sterotypes of gays.

also there was the whole thing of the gm technically not being married and the chicks exhusband living with them for two weeks (he played with us as well, was a palidin and had a shit ton of 40k stuff he brought with him).
>>
>>46895985
You stay classy, anon
>>
>>46896088
I think I love you, whoever you are
>>
>>46895624
Nice to see a group that has the balls to throw that guy out for a change instead of keeping him around like alot of gm's do. Fucking /pol/ack be invading ttrpg's.
>>
>>46895960
This is the greatest thing since the bike horn cover album.
>>
>>46895453
Storytime or calling bullshit
>>
File: 1412654990889.jpg (53 KB, 357x432) Image search: [Google]
1412654990889.jpg
53 KB, 357x432
>>46895602
I guess

>Be me in high school junior year I think
>Me and my friends hear about dnd from a friend's older brother
>we learn about 3.5 and make characters for a game the older brother was looking players for
>seemed liked fun to all of us
>me and a friend start talking about it during lunch
>this was possibly the most massive mistake we have ever made in our lives
>he hears us talking about it
>he than wants to be part of the game

to give you an idea of who this kid was, just imagine a spoiled autist mixed with the most tryhard edgelord. He would always try to prove how "cool" he was by telling people bogus stories and would usually just steal another one of my friend's jokes to make people think he's funny. I could just go on about how much of a faggot this kid was, but i'll just continue with the story

>Much to my dismay, the older brother lets him in
>he immediately wants to make a dragon as his character
>DM shoots this down immediately
>He begins to whine about how "unfair" that is
>He eventually makes a character with a "TRAGIC" backstory that is essentially the same as another players
>His character's parents died in a fire when bandits attacked his village when he was young
>other player's character's parents died from a bandit attack
>His character then develops a hatred for evil and becomes a fighter for justice, but is also EVIL somehow
>Later in the game he pulls shit out of his backstory which we all knew he just made up on the spot
>He found some enchanted armor right after his parents died that essentially makes him untouchable due to "EVIL MAGIC"
>He also found a vorpral blade at some point in his backstory and a cloak that lets him teleport an unlimited amount of times per day at a distance of 100 miles
>DM allows ALL OF THIS at the cost the cloak says "MAN MEAT" on the back and is pink
>He accepts this condition, thinking it's the most hilarious thing on this earth

At this point he thinks he's untouchable
>>
>>46896164
The more time goes by, the more rose tinted my player's memories of these campaigns get, and the more I become horrified with myself for the batshit things I did. It's Watamote level cringe.

Like, the first one, I finished with an AV presentation backed by my own cover of Komm Süsser Tod. With me singing as female. I am male.
>>
>>46896407
So...when does he pull a knife?
>>
File: 1455061690641.jpg (20 KB, 492x550) Image search: [Google]
1455061690641.jpg
20 KB, 492x550
>>46895203
>>46896396
>>46896407
>>46896524

>during the duration of the game, he becomes that guy
>he always interrupts the other player's turns
>always shouts at the top of his autistic lungs at one in the morning over something that has happened in game, this would usually wake up everyone in the house and almost cost us the only place we could have DnD sessions.
>He would consistently try to bribe the DM into letting him get away with doing stupid shit and/or let stupid shit happen to other players. I remember at one point he tried to bribe the DM into making my character shit his pants because "he thought it would be funny". (although I should really blame the DM for letting himself get bribed by the players)
>He would never pay for the food and would eat about half of what we ordered
>eventually, all of the players, including myself, started to get sick of this guy's shit
>but the problem is I'm the only one who wants to kick him out of the group
>the other players "feel bad for him" because doesn't have any friends. So thats why they let him hang around them, even though they hate his guts as much as I do.
>We come to the conclusion that we should "make himself want to leave", even though I think it would be easier to just tell him to leave
>We all decide that if his character dies, then he wont want to play anymore.
>I start to hatch an idea on killing his character
>the plan went something like this, I think. We just got acquired an airship in the game, I would lure his character into the cargo to "investigate" the loot. During this, the rouge of the group would steal his cloak so he couldn't teleport away from combat or "teleport behind me". After this, I would cast a paralysis spell on him, which would render his armor useless ( I can't remember if this was a homebrew rule, or a rule from 3.5, its been too long for me.)
>Since he would be rendered useless I could do a coup de grâce on him and kill him instantly.
>>
File: Keep going.jpg (117 KB, 1058x705) Image search: [Google]
Keep going.jpg
117 KB, 1058x705
>>46896407
>>46896437
>>
File: 1419403104639.png (592 KB, 469x542) Image search: [Google]
1419403104639.png
592 KB, 469x542
>>46896571
Ye..yes...go on...
>>
>>46896407
>DM allows utterly retarded mary-sue god bullshit

You deserved everything you got.
>>
>>46896669
>Because DM did something, you, not DM, deserve bad shit

fucking die
>>
File: Jews_Did_9_11.jpg (17 KB, 240x279) Image search: [Google]
Jews_Did_9_11.jpg
17 KB, 240x279
>>46896571
>>46896653

>everything goes according to plan
>me and other players begin to shit bricks internally from how amazing everything falling into place was
>I cast a spell to give me a bonus to hit, just in case i roll low
>I was able to roll high enough to hit him and kill him
>He immediately goes fucking berserk
>He nearly flips the table in a fit of autistic rage and then pulls out one of the many knives he keeps on himself
>He begins to scream at the top of his lungs at three in the morning about "how hard his life is"
>Begins to spout out some bullshit about the "things he has seen that can mess someone up for life", even though he never leaves his house except for school
>The most "traumatic" thing he has actually ever seen in his life was his 360 getting a red ring of death
>He then goes on saying that "he has seen his little sister get raped in front of him". Which is untrue, because he's the kind of person who would brag about it the day after it happen so he can get attention from people. Not to mention his sister showed no signs of trauma from this and would talk with my other friends whenever they went to his house.
>This went on until the DM defused the situation by saying his character was brought back to life somehow

The DM was in on the plan originally, but I guess he was worried about the knife situation. I don't really know

>The autist is still upset about the whole thing and wont stop yelling at the top of his lungs
>DM says that the rouge becomes cursed and the Paladin become fallen (even though he had nothing to do with the plan), just to calm him down.
>I get away with it unpunished somehow

we ended the game there, but he soon got kicked out from the group because everyone stopped feeling bad for the him after that incident.

Haven't spoken to that faggot since
>>
>>46896794
And I thought my tumblrina player was bad.
>>
>>46896669
although he knew the rules to 3.5, he never was a DM before, so this was a learning experience for him. He has become a much more better DM since and completely cut out marysue shit.

also this
>>46896690
>>
>>46896822
Tell us about the tumblr.
>>
File: oh jeeze.jpg (19 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
oh jeeze.jpg
19 KB, 320x480
>>46896794
mmm

thank you
>>
File: image.jpg (221 KB, 1662x471) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221 KB, 1662x471
>>46896833
Honestly nothing compared to that
>start planning a D&D game
>talking about it amongst friends
>qt Asian chick says that it sounds cool and wants to join
>I thought having another player would be good
>I was wrong
>first session she shows up
>rolls up a flamboyant elf lesbian rogue
>whatever.png
>I had to deal with the pregnant man elf so it seemed workable to me
>finishes up her character
>about to start
>she decides to comment on some of my comics I had laying around
>"Thanks I'm huge DC nerd but I kinda wanna start the sess-"
>starts asking me a thousand questions about Harley Quinn
>this derails to a topic about sexuality
>entire group joins in
>it was a solid 2-3 hours before we actually start
>didnt get much done but whatever
>next session
>pretty much same drill
>talks about tumblr gender/sexuality for a hour or two
>start session
>she'll spend most of her time on her phone
>the one of the last sessions that I ran with her made me terriffied of her
>so party's going through a dungeon
>that guy is a warlock and finds an idol that's rigged as a trap
>decides he'll have some fun
>manipulates tumblrina girl and another player to mess with it
>I tell them to make dex saves
>player makes it
>tumblrina fails
>I roll for damage
>"Ouch that's 25 damage."
>she's at 0 hp
>everyone was joking for about twenty seconds
>next thing I know she grabs a handful of mechanical pencils and pens to try to stab that guy
>one of the players grabs her before she can really do anything
>that guy had a smug look and gestured her to come at him
>tumblrina clawed and stabbed the player holding her
>that guy eventually says he was planning on healing her and the fact that she can roll to stabilize
>she calms down and pretends like nothing happened
>mfw
>>
>>46896794
autists with knives is a terrifying concept. glad you made it out, brother. I hope your gaming days are smoother now.

it's also spelled rogue[/spoiled]
>>
>>46896966
Nah mate he meant what he typed. All the rouge as cursed. That guy clearly hated make up.
>>
>>46896794
>>46896407
>>46896571
If this happened, everything short of the knife is the GM’s fault, not the socially retarded halfwit.
I get that the GM was new, doesn’t change that it’s his fault for enabling the situation.

>We come to the conclusion that we should "make himself want to leave", even though I think it would be easier to just tell him to leave
So your group thinks that being mean isn’t mean if it’s passive-aggressive?
You had the right idea. If you’re going to kick a guy without discussing the problem like adults, at least do it simply and directly and get it over with.
>We all decide that if his character dies, then he wont want to play anymore.
So while pretending that being mean isn’t mean if it’s done in a cowardly passive way and pretending that that you can predict and control the response of someone none of you are capable of directly communicating with, you conclude that a socially retarded fellow’s response to being ganged up on and having his character summarily killed would be to quietly pack up and leave forever?
Brilliant.
I can’t imagine how it went wrong.

Also,
>the other players "feel bad for him" because doesn't have any friends. So thats why they let him hang around them, even though they hate his guts as much as I do.
If a player has been made aware of areas he needs to improve on and is actively working to be better, then there is no reason to hate him.
If the player had been made aware and doesn’t care, then there is no reason to feel bad for him.
If the player is not aware because the others are too cowardly to directly communicate anything to him, assume he should “know”, and instead choose to be gutless jerks, then no, they are the demons.

Again, I get it if you were all new, doesn’t change the fact that you were jerks.
>>
>>46896951
>the pregnant man elf
What.
>>
>>46896951
Wow. Also, did she attend any other games after this?
>>
>>46897053
Long story short., I was desperate for players. Girl I had a crush on the time wanted to play and she handed me her backstory which involved her character was raped and impregnated despite being a man. The child died so I more or less just decided to ignore the entirety of that backstory.
>>46897059
I think she showed up to a couple more after that. She was real flakey. I'd always ask the group what day/time would be good for them and she would say she's always free. She only showed up every other session because she had to stream her LoL game or something. That's if she responded to the group text
>>
>>46897050
>So your group thinks that being mean isn’t mean if it’s passive-aggressive?

I have no clue as to why they thought that was a better option than just flat out kicking him out. But it was the only thing they agreed to do in terms of him leaving.

>If you’re going to kick a guy without discussing the problem like adults

we told him the things that he was doing (not pitching in for food, being loud and disruptive, etc) and asked him to stop. He wouldn't, even after we kept asking him to.

>If the player is not aware because the others are too cowardly to directly communicate anything to him, assume he should “know”, and instead choose to be gutless jerks, then no, they are the demons.

again, we told him about the problems he was giving us, he did nothing to fix it.
also >demons

>If the player had been made aware and doesn’t care, then there is no reason to feel bad for him.

again, I have no clue why the other players felt bad for him.

>So while pretending that being mean isn’t mean if it’s done in a cowardly passive way and pretending that that you can predict and control the response of someone none of you are capable of directly communicating with, you conclude that a socially retarded fellow’s response to being ganged up on and having his character summarily killed would be to quietly pack up and leave forever?

oh no, we knew he would flip shit, but we didn't know it would escalate to what it became.

and If your implying that I hate this guy just because he was socially inept, that would be incorrect. There were many reasons why I hated this guy and his social retardation wasn't one of them. I mean for fuck's sake, we were all socially retarded back then.
>>
>>46895994
Unfortunately I doubt that would have helped, probably would have made things worse actually. he was a paranoid schizophrenic who didnt like taking meds because they made him depressed. so either he would have thought me wanting to bang was a trick or a lie depending upon what pills were in his system that day. He was a good friend, and I do miss him, but things happen I guess.
>>
>>46896951
>>46897199
>stabs another player
>you don't kick her out.
>>
>>46897387
The player she stabbed insisted that I should invite her even after the fact.
>>
File: 1422047806218.jpg (12 KB, 251x200) Image search: [Google]
1422047806218.jpg
12 KB, 251x200
>>46897418
Why in the fuck would anyone say that?
>>
>>46897505
He really wanted Asian pussy.
>>
>>46897513
I can relate.
>>
>>46895203
we had someone rage quit and literally walk out on a homebrew game because the GM tried to confront him on why he was being a dick
>>
>Bring together some friends and acquaintances for a homebrew
>Centuries post-apocalypse, neolithic era with remnants of the old world
>One player is a friend's boyfriend, very shy neckbeard, seems like an ok guy (called Barry)
>Another is a friend I met on /tg/, big guy, very polite and subdued, but easily excitable (called Jack)
>They're at odds most times, as Barry is being kind of brutal while Jack is trying to be honourable
>Party is faced with archers at range, one of the most deadly things to come up against
>Jack's artifact is a shard of futuristic plexiglass he uses as a shield
>They agree that he should run interference
>He takes the overwatch and lets the others get within range of their slings
>2 archers left
>Jack fumbles
>Gets hit by both
>He's down
>The group kill the archers and go to stabilize Jack
>Barry tells them to stop
>Tries to convince the group that saving him could mean using too much of the medical supply to save one of us from a minor wound next time
>Takes the shield from Jack
>Everyone is willing to use the meds
>I've lost control as everyone is shouting
>Barry just announces he's rolling to coup de grâce
>I try to get the group to sit down
>Everyone fumbles their rolls
>Barry slits the throat and loots him
>Jack just sits there shaking his head
>Barry walks over to Jack and sits on the table in front of him
"Sorry man, had to do it for the good of the group...but I guess since we're on an adventure you can't make a new character and join in. That sucks"
>Big grin on his face
>Jack just closes his eyes and puts his hands on the table
>Barry puts a hand out to shake
"It's not personal, dude. Don't get so upset over a game"
>Jack asks to speak to him in private
>They go into the loungeroom and talk while we gather ourselves
>Barry is shouting "Maybe if you weren't so fucking TERRIBLE AT THE GAME, we'd want you to play"
>He stands up over Jack
>Jack stays seated but is just a bit less than a foot taller than Barry
cont.
>>
I once had a gun pulled on me because I suggested we play Rifts. He thought it was funny to show me that he'd taken the safety off and point it at me. He was not allowed back after that game session.

>tfw I ran Rifts a few weeks later
>>
>>46898005
>Barry pokes him in the chest
"Just go, dude. No one wants you here anymore. Shouldn't have been such a pussy about this"
>I interject
>Whole group turns on him
>He slaps Jack across the top of the head
>Jack grips his wrist and stands up
>Barry tries to pull away and goes straight for a knee to the crotch while giving him a smile
>Jack catches it on his thigh and practically throws him into the book case with one hand
>Barry fishes around in his pocket
>Jack grabs his wrist and starts squeezing
>Yelps and tries another knee to the crotch
>Jack just pushes him to the floor, kicks him in the stomach and flips him over
>Pins his arm to his back and kneels on him
>Barry starts moaning and screaming about his spine hurting
>Jack lets up
>He punches Jack right in the balls
>Jack just loses it
>Hook across the face, blood everywhere
>Barry fumbles for his pocket again
>Jack grabs his hand and rips it out of his pocket, ripping the fabric and spilling out his wallet and a knife
>Just starts laying into Barry
>Grabs his head and everyone can see he wants to start slamming it into the floor
>We all calm him down
>Barry is bleeding everywhere
>Starts screaming about a heart condition and suing us all
>Stumbles towards the door
>I open it for him
>He grabs me by the throat and puts his other finger up to my eye in a gouging motion
>Jack grabs him by the hair
>Physically lifts him up and throws him down the front steps
>We go inside and Barry just sits on the grass moaning until a sedan with an older woman driving pulls up and he leaves

Not heard from him since, but had plenty of texts him my friend, accusing me of trying to sleep with him and having a group of people beat him when he rejected me.
>>
>>46898075
>Not even the threat of murder with a loaded gun keeps you from playing Rifts
You're my kind of scum.
>>
>>46898075
>>46898151
Honest question. Is it that bad? Why it's bashed so much here?
>>
>>46898178
It's not great, but there are plenty of popular bad systems. I think it's just the tone, themes and setting that turn people away.
>>
>>46898137
Did Jack do anything to upset Barry? Or is just a psychopath?
>>
>>46898151
The best part? I had so much fucking fun running that game. It was at our yearly Hollow ween party, and there were 14 players and me as GM. Probably the best game I had ever been a part of, and from what everyone said, one of the most memorable.
>>
>>46898178
>>46898202
For me, it's... I don't know. The layout, maybe? I tried making a character from the UE book, got up to choosing OCC, and then realised that, although the OCC concepts should be interesting to me, basically none of them were.
>>
>>46898178
The rules are a hot mess, but the fluff is amazing. Everyone gets to be their own special little snowflake, with their own thing, but aren't the best at everything.

>>46898253
I do agree on that, though. It's amazing how it can be unique and bland at the same time. Personally, my favorite OCC was the Techno-Wizard (Or the EXP sponge), simply... because.
>>
File: that.gif (998 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
that.gif
998 KB, 500x267
>>46896437
>>46896088
A+, 10/10, would def play in your campaigns
>>
>>46898212
No one is sure. We think it's because Jack was mean to Barry for about 6 months when they were 10.
>>
>>46896368
http://youtu.be/Lp6-ymtZgrs
>>
>>46898390
How about some bike horn Dragonforce, Evanescense, or Smashmouth?
https://soundcloud.com/aberrantkenosis/through-the-honking-and-the-horns
https://aberrantkenosis.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>46898416
That SoundCloud link really fucked up.
https://soundcloud.com/aberrantkenosis/through-the-honking-and-the-horns
>>
>>46898425
http://youtu.be/c3vONDqvayo
>>
>>46898461
https://soundcloud.com/aberrantkenosis/smashed
https://soundcloud.com/aberrantkenosis/space-oddity-bike-horn-cover
>>
>>46895203

I had two guys competing for the affections of an NPC. The irony was that it was the guy who had higher Charisma/social stats who was less charming as a person, and slightly socially awkward.

The other guy was more combat-focused, but he actually had more rapport with the heroine. The social thinker started dating the girl first (she was the daughter of a noble house) but she was also quite charmed by the other guy. Ultimately, she picked the second dude because I felt that their chemistry was more natural.

The first guy was pretty upset when he found out, and the second guy went sort of like "Look, this is just how played out." Then the first guy went "Why don't you fuck off, shitbag?" and the two of them almost came to blows over it.

Surprisingly, neither blamed me. I think I should've said something like "Guys, she isn't even REAL". I later found out that the first guy had a bad breakup, which was why he was so invested in the romance.
>>
>>46898137
>>46898005
Holy fuck.
>>
>>46898137

Want to post one of those texts? I'm not really inclined to believe this happened otherwise.
>>
File: GvmN46G.gif (2 MB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
GvmN46G.gif
2 MB, 500x276
>>46895985
Totally true/10
>>
>>46898005
>>46898137
Fuck me, Barry sounds like your friendly neighbourhood school shooter
>>
>>46896690
Its your decision to play with this fucking retard DM, so kill yourself.
>>
File: 1393626080575.jpg (226 KB, 834x906) Image search: [Google]
1393626080575.jpg
226 KB, 834x906
>>46902143
But how is that GM supposed to become better if all the players are dead?
>>
File: 1460727426942.png (425 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
1460727426942.png
425 KB, 405x600
>>46902351
Exactly

So >>46902143 can go suck on a 12 gauge
>>
>>46897050
Anon, they were completely justified making an autistic shit like that suffer. Hell had I been the GM I would have done it myself.
>>
>>46895624
You gave him a chance, you dropped him like a rock when he blew it. Good on you, m8.

-10 horse points for misspelling "throw'' though.
>>
>>46896794
>I guess he was worried about the knife situation. I don't really know
Anon.

Has it crossed your mind that you let him hang out with you because you're also autistic?

>I don't know if he was worried about the raving lunatic wielding a knife and yelling insane shit at the top of his lungs

That's one of the signs.
>>
>>46899113
I believe it. Nobody who was trying to impress us would talk about how he still faps to breasts that he never even saw.
>>
>>46896437
>>46896088
I think you captured the true spirit of Eva, anon.

Only someone tumbling down that far can get emulate Anno's own breakdown and then rebuild themselves.

Seriously jealous of your players.
>>
>>46897505
He was a real man, and getting stabbed with some pencils wasn't no thang.
>>
>>46897505
If I were in his place, I'd be pretty confident that it was only the asshole who stopped her that kept me from getting some hatesex on the game table that day.
>>
File: Laugh.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
Laugh.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>46895923
>>
>>46896088
Actually would you mind story timing?

I have never been in a successful AdEva game and would love to hear how yours went with full irl episode 25 & 26 shenanigans incorporated.
>>
>>46896191
You're that guy aren't you. The one at the FLGS with all the stories because you've been around this hobby for years. You keep a mental checklist of all the things people have done to get banned from there, so you can warn people you like.
>>
>>46895877
Then your wife's son licked her tig old bittays
>>
>>46902351
If you are over the age of 13, you should already be much better than that.
>>
>>46898137
Should have let him at least knock that guy the fuck out for trying to pull a knife.
>>
>>46903811
>getting attempted murder charges added to your assault and battery charges
You can't even use self defense as an excuse as there was a few of them and at least one of you was good enough in a fight for the idiot to not be an actual threaten to anyone, even had the know how to not only take on a knife wielding maniac but stop him from blinding another.
>>
>>46902351
>hapless MC gming for a group of ghosts
I want it
>>
>>46897513
>>46903180
>>46903182
So a thirsty virgin hoping for sex.
>>
>>46904601
That would actually be pretty cool
>>
>>46895826
>Also he sudoku'd a little while after.
kek
>>
>>46898540
Damn, I was mad for a bit but now I'm just sad for him... Was he a decent guy other than that?
>>
File: sabugo.jpg (24 KB, 154x158) Image search: [Google]
sabugo.jpg
24 KB, 154x158
>>46895203
I don't know if this counts because it isn't violent, but a very memorable, two-year long campaign we had, dealt with the PC's junguian shadow archetypes. Depending on the interactions, each PC would get abilities from the results.

Thing is, the GM is a psychologyst which knows the players for years, and understood how each character reflected its player.

It's difficult to explain how, but he hit the player through the character when each had to go into dreamland and fight/discuss/integrate with his shadow.

Wonderful roleplay at those times. Mine was two hours long and it really hit upon my father's death . That shit was downright a group therapy for some of us.
>>
>>46906151
That sounds fucking amazing
>>
I just remembered an amusing story told to me by a friend that would be perfectly appropriate for this thread.
I have to run to the store now, but if this thread is still up when I can type it up, I will share Evil Keen's Tale of the Ninja vs. the Bear.
It won't be 100% accurate since I wasn't there, but it is unique in being 100% true.
>>
>>46906151
>I don't know if this counts because it isn't violent, but a very memorable, two-year long campaign we had, dealt with the PC's junguian shadow archetypes. Depending on the interactions, each PC would get abilities from the results.
Your GM a Persona fan?
>>
>>46906445
Lurkin for this
>>
>>46906287
It fucking was anon

>>46906503
No, he only found out about Persona after I showed it to him. But Jung's theories are the basis for Persona, and those he found out about at college. Giving powers in exchange was a way to reward players mechanically.

Not all of them were good abilities. The player which refused to deal with his shadow started to develop a complex, which, like as in Jung's ideas, actually became a second personality which burst uninvited and did and said things the character (and player) never did. Fucking hilarious:

>I want to slap your butt
>What did you said darling?
>Nothing, nothing, shall we go sleep?
>Yes, of course (disapointed)
>>
>>46897199
>Girl I had a crush on the time wanted to play and she handed me her backstory which involved her character was raped and impregnated despite being a man. The child died so I more or less just decided to ignore the entirety of that backstory.

Did you still have a crush on her after that?
>>
>>46907199
>if you fail the GM's challenge you have to deal with Buddy Love
>>
>>46906111

I suppose so. Both were fairly normal people.

At the same time, romance in RPGs is a weird thing. Like, as I mentioned before, he had better social stats. But the other PC was far more likeable. I couldn't help but think that the girl would pick the guy she had a better rapport with. (He wasn't ugly either, he just hadn't maxed out Diplomacy and so on.)

Also, clinginess probably isn't very attractive to a woman.
>>
>>46895203
Well, one time the couple who were together both in and out of game had a moment of IC/OOC confusion regarding the sentence "Honey, I'm pregnant."

Baby's due sometime in September, I think.
>>
>>46909870
>breaking the news over ttrpg

for what purpose
>>
File: 527.jpg (224 KB, 1280x1792) Image search: [Google]
527.jpg
224 KB, 1280x1792
>>46909288
No, no. The PC had a wife, but he, as his player, was very well-behaved to do anything like drinking, ravishing her and so on.

The shadow personality compensated by fucking her like that amazon goddess deserved and she wanted to
>>
Nothing happened at the table, but it was really awkward.

>During countries elections
>players all sort of friends/coworkers but never talk about politics
>player calls and says he is going to be late because he is attending a demonstration
>have the news on while we wait, chatting and eating dinner
>violent clashes between fascists + Anti-Communists against the Socialists and Communists
>he shows up an hour late like he said with a cut on his arm and bloody knuckles
>his eyes are burning and he is pretty pumped up
>everyone is too afraid to ask him what side of it he was on so nobody ever asked

Found out later, half a relief, half not.
>>
>>46909884
Man if I knew, I'd tell you.
>>
File: DexvsStr.gif (4 MB, 255x311) Image search: [Google]
DexvsStr.gif
4 MB, 255x311
>>46906806
>>46906445
The Evil Keen's Tale of the Ninja vs. the Bear:

My friend, Evil Keen, had a gaming group for a while that included a guy we'll call Ninja.
Ninja was the sort of guy who had studied martial arts for a long time, scoffed at anyone who practiced a different martial art as a pleb, hung his many ornamental martial arts weapons on his walls, and constantly bragged to everyone about how he could kill them effortlessly if he so chose.
Apparently, he wasn't without martial skill. He knew a lot about martial arts, he knew a lot weapons, and he knew next to nothing about actual fighting.
Ninja was also a devout believer of DEX > STR.
He acknowledged when the system dictated that a dex build would lose to a str build, but cited it as the system not being realisitic.
>If this were real, my character would have killed him in the first round.
That sort of thing.

He was also an asshole in other ways, but none that I distinctly rememember.
One night, the group is playing at his house, Ninja is once again bragging about how if he were to fight a much larger opponent, he would kill them.
Now, there was another member of the group we'll call Bear.
Bear was a much larger man that EK, who was tall and barrel chested, so Bear was much larger than NInja.
Bear was normally a nice, quiet guy.
I don't know what made Bear decide that he had enough of Ninja, but that day he had had enough.
>>
File: Fightback.gif (5 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Fightback.gif
5 MB, 320x240
>>46910301
Bear got up, walked over to where Ninja was sitting, and said "This is what happens when someone like me fights someone like you."
Bear wrapped his arms around Ninja, pinning his arms to his sides, and picked him up off the ground.
Ninja was furious.
Ninja was enraged.
Ninja was helpless.
Ninja threatened to kill him.
Njnja kicked frantically at Bears legs.
Ninja headbutted Bear's shoulder.
That's when Bear started smashing Ninja into the walls.

At this point while being told the story, I had a realization that EK confirmed.
This room was adorned with all the weapons that Ninja had been casually mentioning he could end his friends lives with for months.
They were knocked uselessly to the floor, along with his gaming and martial arts books.
The more Ninja shouted about how he would murder Bear once he got free, the more Bear slammed him into the walls.
I believe at first, bear just repeated his line, "This is what happens when someone like me fights someone like you."
Utterly powerless, Ninja eventually was left with no choice but calm down, shut up, and promise to behave if let go.

Having more than proven his point, Bear let Ninja go.
Ninja scrambled to a weapon and started shouting at Bear, making impotent threats but making no move to approach him.
Bear calmly gathered his things and left.

I don't know for certain if either left the group after this, but I think Bear shortly moved on to another group.
Ninja remained an asshole for as long as EK knew him.
>>
>>46910455
Bear sounds pretty great. Keen hasn't had any contact with him at all or?
>>
>>46909942
...so, Buddy Love.
>>
>>46897050
Did you not read the part about this being highschool? I don't know about you my dude, but I was certainly this petty back then. Also, autists are autists, not easy to speak directly with.
>>
>>46910147
So which side was he on?
>>
>>46898137
>douchebag initiates violence, keeps attacking despite getting his shit pushed in multiple times, constantly tries using dirty tricks that fail, and even tries to pull out a knife
This Jack friend of yours must be a saint, I don't think I would be able to stop myself if he kept pulling that bullshit
>>
>>46895624
To be fair, slavery is common in Arabic countries even todag
>>
>>46895923
Regretting it afterwards is valid rape in the USA
>>
>>46910547
As I recall, this happened twenty years ago, before Keen moved out of state.
I don't think he has much contact with anyone from that time any more.
>>
>>46904125
Nah he used a weapon so he was in the wrong no matter what
>>
>>46911352
Fascists.

I mean, hardcore too. Registered card carrying member.
>>
>>46910147
I hope to God he was part of the anti communist forces and not a fucking faggot
>>
>>46911878
Phew
>>
Okay so there was a group of 5 girls at my university who played
>C, band geek: the movie, all in all a pretty cool girl
>E, smart as fuck and de facto leader of the group, very timid though
>K, the normie
>CB, loud obnoxious "hurr durr, look at me" kind of girl
>L. the one who got them all into dnd
>E's boyfriend (D), myself and another guy (A) get invited to play in E's new campaign
>D is a clingy neckbeard who tips the scale at probably 250 lbs.
>A was some guy from the school who was always scowling, and this guys scowl could curdle milk.
>Really quiet guy until he got comfortable at which point he literally never shut up and was always smiling
>we play this game for a couple of weeks in relative bliss
>game about surviving after an apocalyptic winter
>one session D ends up isolated and in combat with a wendigo (more like a cannibalistic mutant)
>his character gets knocked out and dragged back to te lair to be eaten
>D proceeds to THAT GUY hard
>tries bullying E into letting him get away
>she stands up to him and says no
>D loses his shit and starts yelling how awful of a gm she is
>everyone is awkwardly staring at each other except A
>he's staring at the wall with an intensity that borders on the pathological
>D proceeds to grab E by the arm in is fit
>A is across the room in the blink of an eye and sucker punches D
>knocked out cold
>A leave without a word
>Group proceeds to disband, E and D break up etc

We later found out A's dad was abusive towards him and his mom and that was why D grabbing E set him off so bad.
>>
>>46903811
>>46911384
Just as bit of a qualifier, Jack grew up in a really bad area and had to learn to fight to avoid being robbed or stabbed every couple of days. He got into a fight that went really badly for the other guy and now refuses to even throw punches unless he absolutely has to.
>>
>>46898540
>Surprisingly, neither blamed me.
i never understand this, whenever I GM and something happens that unfair or pisses the players off they always blame the NPC or each other. It seems like me being at fault never even crosses their minds.
>>
>>46912036
>Born in a seedy area
>Learned to fight to defend himself
>Critically hurt an opponent one day so he swore to only use violence as a last resort
10/10 backstory, would play
>>
>>46912021
Oh Jesus, similar to what happened to my group.
(Names changed to protect identities)
>Elise and John are dating
>They build an rpg group
>Only after the first few sessions do we realise they're slightly weird
>Go drinking
>Elise corners me and proceeds to tell me all about how her dad physically and sexually abused her, how she won't go to the police because she loves him
>John goes apeshit and drags her away
>Next session is a little tense
>Things settle down for a while
>They start fighting before and after sessions
>Generally hostile towards each other
>A few weeks pass
>In the middle of a game
>Elise wants to try to talk a gangster down
>John flat out says no
>She presses the issue, is pretty convincing
>He glares at her and starts shaking
>She immediately backs down and physically shrinks, pulling her shoulders in and putting her head down
>She's afraid to make eye contact
>Tom, another player, tries to break it up
>John turns to him
"Can't you see it in my eyes?"
>Tom and I are very confused
>"Look deeper, fool"
>Very confused
"It's a darkness deep down, and if you keep pushing, it'll come out"
>Suddenly realise he's literally an edgy 13 year old with all the seasons of Naruto on a loop in his head, trapped inside the body of a 26 year old
>Elise tries to get everyone to back away
"You don't know what it'll make him do"
>Suddenly the pieces fall into place
>John stands up and brushes the hair away from his eyes
"I will fight you...but know you will lose and you will die"
>Tom accuses him of abusing Elise
>He fucking admits to it, blaming it on The Darkness
>John moves around the table and grabs Tom's chin
>Give him this fucking anime grin
"Sit down now, little boy"
>Tom was abused by parents and partners for a total of 20 years
>Goes apeshit
>Tom is shorter and weaker than John, but utterly destroys him in a matter of seconds
>Pushes him over the table, into the chair, breaks the chair, proceeds to beat the shit out of him
cont
>>
>>46897505

Because it's shit that never happened, so it doesn't have to make sense.
>>
File: Werewolf the Forsaken.png (111 KB, 1100x840) Image search: [Google]
Werewolf the Forsaken.png
111 KB, 1100x840
>>46912400

This reminds me of that werewolf dude
>>
>>46912400
>I pull him off as Elise is crying her eyes out and the store manager is sprinting towards us
>John is fucked up
>Blood everywhere, head wounds, nose looks like a loose sack of broken bone
>He just chokes and cries
>Tom walks outside and sits in the gutter
>Cops and an ambulance arrive
>He's charged and arrested
>John is bundled into the ambulance and Elise goes with him
>Have to wait 3 months for a court date after the initial hearing
>Couldn't attend, but got the series of events from his Tom's mother

>They arrive
>Immediately John's father flies off the rails
>Is removed
>Next his mother
>Hearing progresses
>Testimony is given
>In the middle of the police statements, John stands and tries to walk over to Tom
>Blocked and screamed at by magistrate
>Things proceed
>Tom is given a deferred sentence as the court felt he was indirectly stopping the much more physically powerful John from assaulting his small, systematically abused girlfriend, in a moment of passion
>John proceeds to try to bait Tom is breaking his probation
>One day tries breaking into his house
>After 2 weeks of this, suddenly he's arrested
>Elise agreed to press charges
>He's currently awaiting sentencing on the 18th of next month
>>
Used to play with a group that just got high before they played, most of the sessions just devolved into one guy crying about his girlfriend.
Apparently she just wanted a fling and he went full autist and proposed and shit, later he tried to follow her when she went to England.
>>
>>46912400
>>46912591
John went full chuuni. You never go full chuuni.
>>
>>46912021
Use fake names, they're less confusing than letters.
>>
>>46912496
At first I thought it was going to be Scared of Shadows but he was never ballsy enough to say any of that.
>>
File: 1461573692582.jpg (8 KB, 211x238) Image search: [Google]
1461573692582.jpg
8 KB, 211x238
I once had an argument in an 8 hour session of d&d at 5am that was so awful my best bro kicked me out of our apartment. A week later he asks where I've been. Turns out he gets loopy when hr doesn't sleep. I moved back in and 7 years later we're still best bros and we rent a house together.
>mfw
>>
>>46896966
>>46897011
The use of cursed rouge caused the paladin to fall.
>>
>>46903043
sounded pretty hot desu
>>
>>46904958
Precisely.
>>
>>46912591
Good end?
>>
>>46914076
>A week later
Where did you stay?
>>
>>46910147

What country? I'm glad there isn't anything like that where I live... yet.
>>
>>46904125
I worked for a high profile security firm, and I can say without a doubt knocking the guy out would be acceptable. Barry was the aggressor, had a knife and continued to attempt violence even after getting subdued multiple times. Jack was on the defensive, had his fists, and gave Barry multiple chances to stop. This is the kind of situation is where overpowering, or knocking out, and then detaining is the correct course of action. The only trouble anyone could have is Jack and only if some of the bystanders tried to paint Jack as being aggressive and malicious. Even then so long as Barry wasn't too banged up it wouldn't be a problem, but even if he had something like a concussion or broken bone if Jack had a couple people corroborate his story he would most likely be fine.
>>
>>46895624
not actually as bad as that and more of a "we don fucked up" moment but I don't want to make a new thread for its here's storytime part two, the prequel
>be me a rugby union player and nothing else
>new season of rugby everyone is exited including
> the sandnigger, a real life a badass girl about 2/3 my size, and three other bros
>only seven people show up for practice
>need at least 20 but 26 is a full team
>well fuck
>when suddenly BRILLIANT IDEA occurs
>say to friends that we should make a RP group
>most of them have heard about at least one of the P&P games
>we agree to tommorow
>we go to one guys house
>its D&D
>sandnigger and I thought we were doing dark heresy
>girl thought we were doing rouge trader
>well shit I have to make a new character
>make character and start the session
>everyone's being "that guy" or "that dude who doesn't know the rules"
>including me
>GM is trying to pull plot points out of his ass
>RAGE X 10
>two guys and GM leave in frustration
>stay due to stubbornness
>we give up and actually plan what were doing next time

thank fuck I didn't rage or I would have only sandnigger as a friend and nothing to do besides talk with him sorry if it isint as good as last time.
>>
>>46914793
fuck should of edited dammit
>>
>>46911502
Ayyyy
>>
>>46914724
If you live in Europe it's gonna be soon.

If you live in America you'll probably be fine. Your radical fringe parties aren't very radical or fringe.
>>
>>46915281
well, that's arguable, they just all tend to inhabit the same fringes of the same filthy drapes.
>>
>>46915339
Without going into too much detail and becoming a history textbook, the following is seen as fact among scholars. Due to its history Europe has more diversity of ideology and its populations are more dispersed along the spectrum. Due to its civic religion America has less ideological freedom and people are more concentrated along the spectrum. This is why European nations have socialist and hard right parties that actually take office, where as these parties are jokes in America.
>>
>>46895203
>Current party has a human rogue(me), an Orc barbarian, and a human paladin.
>Paladin's character was raised by basically Lina from Dota after she found him as a child.
>Said fire mage was one of the most feared women in the kingdom.
After the paladin made use of the fact that he was her adopted son and allowed the party to skip 4-5 encounters completely, the DM pulled a needlessly dickish move and decided to take that asset from us by having the mage get kidnapped.
We were sent to rescue her after she had been taken from her home in the upper-class residential quarter by troglodytes.
I'm still baffled as to how 5 trogs entered the upper city and managed to kidnap a mage that could breathe dragonfire out of her own home.

>Series of disappearances in the lower quarters, mostly hookers and homeless, have now spread to the upper quarters.
>We get hired help to city guards find the mage and put an end to the abductions.
>Find and raid the lair, find evidence of experimentation in the form of an imploded carcass of a troglodyte on a magical examination table.
>Obvious that some kind of sorcerer/warlock-type is using the trogs for some role.
>Burst into the main room, confront the leader of the trogs while guards hold off the minions.
>Fucker is easily twice the height of our Orc barbarian.
>Personally get last hit, by backstabbing him in the neck.
>Trogs scatter, but the mage is nowhere to be seen.
>We all fan out and start searching until we found her.
>>
>>46917018
>She was in a side room in a scene that could only be described as the body bomb scene from Hurt Locker.
>Paladin's reaction was similar and starts casting every healing spell he has left on her corpse.

>All three of us trade glances and ask the DM "What the fuck, man" after a moment of silence.
>Paladin gets into it with the DM. Demands an explanation.
>DM gives us his spiel on what he viewed as asset abuse
>Paladin gets genuinely angry and starts going off on the DM.
>Shouts 6 or 7 ways that he could have done that without killing her.
>The barbarian and I mutter in agreement
>Room falls into dejected silence before DM calls for a break.
>>
>>46917051
And this is why you don't listen to fucking /tg/ on how to handle shit. This solution stinks of /tg/'s "harsh but fair" punishments. I don't want to derail the thread debating how it could've been done otherwise since he clearly suggested some and your group agreed, but can we agree that DM sounds like he asked /tg/ what to do?
>>
>>46917051
We've yet to have a session since then, and I hope we will soon. I don't think the DM was expecting this kind of reaction, and now he's stuck between letting one of the desperate healing attempts revive her and making her stay dead.
>>
>>46895203
Yes.
>>
>>46917051
This is why you can't have family in a game. Shit DM's usually try all sorts of gruesome and terrible stuff on them.
>>
>>46895203
I got drunk and insulted my friend's wheelchair-bound mother
>>
>>46917108
>can we agree that DM sounds like he asked /tg/ what to do?
I haven’t seen a thread in a while that was devoid of at least one voice of reason.
Of course, I don’t delve into crap threads.
Actually, the most likely scenario would be that the DM brought the story from his “unbiased” perspective:
>My players are being total unrelenting cunts, sidestepping all the encounters and plot hooks, using the paladin’s incestuous anime noble fire mage waifu super special snowflake npc that I, admittedly foolishly, allowed without realizing how they would exploit and misuse it.
>Wat do?
So yeah, I can agree with you.

>> 46917018
>> 46917051
>>46917138
>We've yet to have a session since then, and I hope we will soon. I don't think the DM was expecting this kind of reaction, and now he's stuck between letting one of the desperate healing attempts revive her and making her stay dead.
Okay, now I am legitimately mad at the DM if he can’t figure this shit out.
If the session ended at that break, the answer freaking writes itself:

>The paladin expends every ounce of divine energy he has, straining to restore his adoptive mother.
>The divine energy swirls around her form, piecing back together the shreds of her tattered flesh into a bloodied form.
>Emptied of power, the paladin begins a soft pleading prayer that quickly crescendos into roaring plea to his deity to please restore his mother.
>Straining to the point where he can no longer stand, the paladin collapses to one knee, he has done all he can.
>And lying before the paladin and his friends, the powerful fire mage remains still, utterly lifeless.
>The orc barbarian and human rogue hesitate to approach their friend, shuddering with grief.
>The scene, only recently full with the sounds of battle, is now empty with desolate silence.
>>
>>46917572
>The silence is broken by a whisper.
>The soft whisper of his name snaps the paladin’s head up from his mourning.
>Following the whisper is a short, gasping intake of air followed by weak, trembling breathing.
>Her breath is shallow and weak, her pulse is barely there, and her wounds are severe and in need of immediate care.
>But the fire mage lives.

Now this gives:
-the PC’s an immediate mission to bring the fire mage out of the troglodyte’s lair to proper medical facilities, with a weakened paladin.
- the true villain time to escape with whatever important items the PC’s might have kept.
-the PC’s an emotional investment in stopping the true villain.
-the paladin a greater connection with their deity, with possibly a debt to honor
-the fire mage a deep physical weakness to overcome, perhaps one that prevents her from casting her magic
-the PC’s sub-missions to acquire healing herbs/spells because the fire mage is overcoming impossibly severe wounds that can’t be easily fixed.
-the fire mage a financial money sink as she spends $ to heal and can’t do whatever she used to do for money.
-the PC’s opportunity to repay her earlier kindness by seeking treasure to pay her debts
-the fire mage a new political weakness as her enemies seek to take advantage of this opportunity.
-the PC’s opportunities to now engage in political, military, or merchant endeavors as the players see fit, all to further the plot and emotional development of their characters.

What was once an easily exploited npc, is now a beloved plot element that the whole party is working together to build something real, to restore her to her former power and glory.
Or…
The DM could leave the bitch lying dead in her entrails and the players can just deal with it.
Which sounds like more fun?
>>
>>46917581
Truth be told the DM pissed me off more by how she was taken over what happened to her.
I mean, she was a dragonslayer! She could breathe dragonfire, spawn fully fledged fire elementals, Hell the paladin has a glass pendant that she spun with her bare hands! And she got taken down by fucking trogs?

But on your other points:
-Paladin already has her wrapped up in his cloak and is carrying her out.
-The sorcerer/warlock person wasn't even there.
-My character has enough investment for the whole group because the BBEG might be my sister (obviously kept a secret).
-Could work.
-I couldn't see her losing her powers on the grounds of she just that strong.
-My interpretation was that she was fairly loaded from her adventuring days.
-Last 2 points have promise as well.
OR
I'll respect the DM for sticking to his guns. I won't like it, but I'll respect it.
>>
>>46917572
I should clarify. It was not 4-5 separate events. It was one event, that allowed us to pass through an area that we would have to fight 4-5 times to get through.
Paladin dropped her name, won the roll for the chance that it would mean anything to the people inside. Rolled high enough that one of her old group members was present. He let us in, we talked it out.
>>
>>46917899
>I should clarify. It was not 4-5 separate events.
That makes a difference and makes the DM’s reaction even more extreme.
I sympathize though.
I remember when I planned out this large series of encounters for getting across a bridge.
Then the players realized that their mission was not time sensitive and they could just follow the river to the next crossing point and avoid the guards.
My fault, but I had to improvise wilderness crossing encounters and shelve the tiered bridge crossing plans.

>>46917814
>And she got taken down by fucking trogs?
My old DM trick when I do something completely implausible:
>Yeah, it doesn’t seem to your characters that trogs could possibly have been powerful enough to have done this.
>How could this have happened? What could this mean?
Cue the players discussing what possible secrets I’m hinting at while I silently kick myself for being stupid and pray I can have it go somewhere, sometimes just stealing an idea from the players.
>>
>>46918072
>>46917814
>-Paladin already has her wrapped up in his cloak and is carrying her out.
Well, that kills my lovely scene, but the divine resurrection could still occur at the first opportune moment.
>-The sorcerer/warlock person wasn't even there.
Did you leave a note for them? It’s only polite.
Also, maybe they were and you didn’t know it. Dun-dun-dun!
>-I couldn't see her losing her powers on the grounds of she just that strong.
The fact that she was that strong is the only reason the unlikely resurrection is remotely possible.
Was that strong.
The trauma of being “hurt lockered” to death can be substantial, especially if bringing her back at all bends the rules.
“There is always a price to be paid.”
>>
>>46918085
Split my 2nd post accidentally

Wesley was an acrobatic pirate captain and could barely move when he came back from being mostly dead, and he had an authentic chocolate coated miracle.
Also, sometimes when people travel they have to wait and fill out forms just to get their luggage.
When a god drags your soul from the afterlife as a favor to a paladin, they don’t necessarily give you all the frills.
Restoration of all her powers gained from a lifetime of effort is not necessarily guaranteed upon the beginning of a “new” life.
Sure she can regain them, but she needs to fill out the proper ceremonies and rituals.
It’s a tax thing.

>-My interpretation was that she was fairly loaded from her adventuring days.
But now her fortune is decreasing instead of increasing.
It’s a big difference. Ask someone with money.
Poor people think that money is to be spent.
Rich people know that money is to be used to make more money.
Not saying she’ll be homeless this decade, but she might not be able to just throw her gold around either.
PC’s get to keep their npc contact and the DM gets to explain why they can’t just buy their way out of trouble.
Win-win.
>>
You guys really need to learn how to read people, it's not actually hard.
>>
>>46914810
>of
>>
>>46917138
>he's stuck between letting one of the desperate healing attempts revive her and making her stay dead

Travel on a planar journey to recover her soul from it's resting place/where it is being stored/punished or whatever

Potential for a whole campaign arc here.
>>
>>46895203

Well, sort of. I wasn't a part of the game, but it's a board game representing the 2001 invasion of Afghanistan. The four playable (and asymmetrical) factions are Coalition forces, Government forces, Warlords and the Taliban. All you need to know about the mechanics for the story are these two factors: the Event deck, the Islamabad track and the Coalition's ability to make air strikes in Pakistan. The Islamabad Track is a mechanic representing Pakistani support for the Taliban, but as it's a board game, it only slides so far. One of the things you do to trigger it is air strikes into Pakistan. However, the most recent Event card had simply slid the Islamabad track all the way into full support and the Coalition player realized they could just bomb Pakistan with impunity. He said, with a laugh, "What're they gonna do? Get MAD?" and we all laughed for a moment, realized what we were laughing about, and everyone was really quiet for a few seconds before going back to the game.
>>
>>46918085
>That Princess Bride analogy
Was not expected that. Well done.

It's funny because all of this is going to have the same effect as her saying "Quit using my reputation, go make your own!"
>>
>>46917581
>>46917572
Your story sounds like one of those Disney movie endings that I dislike so much.

I'd prefer having the players go through the afterlife to look for her. Maybe they can revive her, maybe she is content where she is. Or just keep her dead and move on, use it as character motivation.
>>
>>46918490
>Literally fight all the way through the realm of the dead, challenge the god of death, cross the river Styx and find her soul.
>She is content with death but is glad to see her son one last time, wishes him the best, and asks him not to dwell on her death but live his own life.
>>
>>46918556
Personally I like it, but I have a feeling the players would flip their shit.
>>
>>46918575
It would ideally be how the game ends, that is very much the kind of quest a game ends on because there is no real place to go from there, like have the BBEG have the notes, directions, way to reach the realm of the dead, and have that be the peak of the story, then the closing chapters would be the journey through the afterlife to find a soul, climaxing with the finding of said soul.
>>
>>46918490
>Your story sounds like one of those Disney movie endings that I dislike so much.
I don’t remember any evisceration then horrifyingly crippling injuries resulting in a painful struggle to regain a semblance of previous strength being a typical Disney ending.
Whereas, delving into hell to heroically rescue a soul ended before it’s time is classic, if not Disney.
My main issue with the “Let’s go to the afterlife and get her!” plot is that it drops everything you were doing, ignores the menace behind the trogs, and basically derails the entire campaign into Epic Planar Travel, regardless of the players level.
Not my first choice, but certainly an option.

>>46918556
I too like the twist, and would dig it as a player.
Very Eric the Viking.
>>
>>46918708
>My main issue with the “Let’s go to the afterlife and get her!” plot is that it drops everything you were doing, ignores the menace behind the trogs, and basically derails the entire campaign into Epic Planar Travel, regardless of the players level.
That is why I suggested having the current BBEG be the key to allowing the whole thing to take place have them have the mcguffin that allows them to traverse the realm of the dead to go on this second mission.
>>
>>46918708
Are you saying that you've never seen Disney just turn around and everything was OK because someone cried/power of love before?
>>
>>46918886
>Who is Gaston?
>>
>>46898540
I'm sad the second guy didn't use the "Yo bitch chose me" quote.
>>
>>46912663
Yeah, you would think drugs and tabletop would go together but they really don't.
>>
>>46910911
Thought it was some american slang for gay couples.
>>
>>46919218

Again, it really wasn't like that. Both people were fairly ordinary people, and the latter guy didn't hook up with the girl out of spite. He really did like her.

If it's anyone's fault, it's probably mine. I tend to just take a hands-off, impartial approach to DM'ing. I really should've gone "Yeah, she's his subplot." But then, that would've been pretty unrealistic.
>>
>>46918886
Are you saying that:
>The Disney just turn around and everything is okay because someone cried/power of love
is equal to
>horrifyingly crippling injuries resulting in a painful struggle to regain a semblance of previous strength
?
The whole idea of the fire mage and the party struggling and striving to maybe regain some of what she lost is kind of the opposite of "someone cried so everything is all better".
I acknowledge the similarity to the paladin having his prayers answered, but any sort of divine intervention from prayer is going to have that.
>>
>>46919820
Nah. You love your buddies like you love your family.
Its like when you're at a day spa with your bud and neither of you are embarassed or hesitant of taking your towel off in the sauna or being embarassed at or joking about the happy ending portion being a bit short for one of you.
Buddy love is the kind shit where you're tagging teaming a chick and you don't mind when your sacks touch or you're both balls deep in an ass and half the stimulation is from your bro's dick.
Buddy love is when you don't feel gay giving your bro back rubs and foot massages after a long day at work or sharing cigs or lighting off your bro's cig kiss style.
Its a totally normal platonic type thing between buds and bros.
>>
>>46895203

I made a little girl cry. Basically, the party was captured by the main villain, and she gave a speech.

The villain heard her out, and asked her "Are you done yet?"

Then he killed her animal companion, a badger.

In my defense, I felt terrible about it afterward.
>>
>>46919989
That's really harsh. Was the character a little girl, or the player?
>>
>>46919549
But like man, the drugs expand my MIND so that I can think in all these new and different ways and like, see things from different angles.
>then why do you only ever sit around and play Starcraft?
Dude do you know how GOOD they make me at Starcraft?

We can't even drink at games because someone will have too much and pass out.
And by "too much" I mean a pitcher of margarita.
>>
>>46919959
>>46919820
Fuck it's a nutty professor reference, Buddy Love is an Edward-Hyde-style pure id personality created by SCIENCE
>>
>>46911878
Euw
>>
>>46920026

Sorry, the player was a little girl. The game was for my nephew, my niece and their classmates. It's actually a big effort to tone down RPGs to something approaching a G-rating, I have to admit.
>>
>>46920175
I know i just felt like talking about bro love.
>>
>>46896951
>stabs another player
SUE.
HER.
>>
>>46920193
Damn, son. That's harsh on a little girl. However, I have to note that I seem to find a lot of GM's who for some reason can't tone things down well. I'm not sure why that is.
>>
>>46898137
>had plenty of texts him my friend, accusing me of trying to sleep with him and having a group of people beat him when he rejected me
Huh? Care to detail that?
>>
>the 5e group: a crust punk with face tats, a weeb, law school dude who is perpetually in a state of angry panic, 40-year old construction dude, guy i vaguely knew from being in the same neighborhood, also me
>DM tells us the setting is homebrew and deals with a lot of political intrigue and espionage in a not!GoT setting, says players will most likely plot against one another at times but be forced to work together ultimately
>sessions go pretty well for a while, although the neighborhood guy has basically worked against the party the entire time and the weeb has been functionally useless because the extent of his knowledge of "political intrigue" is code geass and a few LoGH youtube clips
>the clear party leaders so far have been the law school student (unsurprisingly) and, surprisingly, face tatted crust punk who is much much smarter than anyone assumed. both guys basically plan out our next move, which is carrying out an assassination of a political rival to the king that hired us
>at the moment of truth, weeb tries to backstab the group. fails miserably because his entire plot was retarded. the group kills him... and then neighborhood guy starts ranting in OOC at the weeb for screwing up the plan. he was in on it too, apparently
>law school guy then admits in OOC he was planning against the party with his own scheme
>as was the crust punk
>DM, me, and construction dude just sitting there confused as everyone has just given all of the details to their master plans, all of which apparently hinged on every other player being colossally stupid and never noticing

anyway the entire campaign was like that but we had to cancel because the guy who lived near me legit tried to doxx and blackmail a few of the other players into supporting his in game usurpation of the npc king
>>
>>46920395
>Spoiler
Did you at least kick his ass?
>>
The only time that it got realer than real was due to drug induced paranoia, scary shit.
>>
>>46910455
In the game or IRL?
>>
>>46920430
i'm sure you already know how stupid it is to try and blackmail someone studying law.

if that didn't stop him i'm assuming he stopped after either the construction worker threatened to beat him to a pulp in full view and earshot of the other lgs patrons, but the group disbanded because everyone's good vibes were basically killed after that.
>>
>>46920473
>In the game or IRL?
Oh, he picked him up and smashed him around in real life.
I'm not a fan of (actual) violence, but the guy was almost literally asking for it for months.
>>
>>46920354

Yeah, I was actually thinking about it a lot. Like, my thought process was:

> "Wow, the villain would be really annoyed right now. He would do something to reassert dominance."
> "Kill her? No, that would punish a player for roleplaying."
> "Injure another PC? No, that would punish SOMEONE ELSE for no reason."
> "Okay, somebody needs to get fucked up. But who?"
> "Oh right, the animal companion!"
> "WELL SHIT"
>>
>>46920541
Woah.

Neat. Nothing like slamming a little shit to teach him that things never go as expected.
>>
>>46920565
Shoulda woulda coulda. I would like to think you could have just had him say "Done? Good. There's a big flaw with your plan to make me stop, though. I'm evil." His hand lights up in a fireball or he readies his weapon again or whatever. "And I don't want to stop." Or somesuch. Easier way to show them that he really doesn't care.
>>
>>46920541
you should have called the cops you little shit

i hope you get beaten up now, karma is a bitch you spineless faggot, and i hope your meathead thug friend gets his too
>>
>>46920683
Hello Brian.
>>
>>46920683
>baiting this obviously
>>
File: 1338796055456.png (182 KB, 299x427) Image search: [Google]
1338796055456.png
182 KB, 299x427
>>46920683
itt: ninja
>>
>>46895624
>A Agnositc
>A
>Agnostic

Fuck that bothers me so much. Learn how to use An
>>
>>46921472
What are you, an hero? Are you an insane person?
>>
File: 1437800729600.jpg (19 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1437800729600.jpg
19 KB, 413x395
>>46898416
>>46898425
I love the horn
>>
>>46920683
I'm curious, genuinely curious.
Are you too lazy to read, illiterate, a kneejerk troll, or some unholy combination thereof?
1. I clearly explained the story was told to me third person.
2. I later explained this happened twenty years ago in another state.
3. The whole event was resolved before cops would have arrived, had they been called.
4. Bear had simply immobilized without harming Ninja until Ninja started to kick and headbutt him, and Ninja was not reportedly harmed.
5. Ninja was free to call the authorities and press charges, as was his right, but never did so. I fail to see why you are more upset.
6. Heh, your pathetic attempt was amusing.
>>
>>46921801
hizza gud kid, dindu nuffin.innit
>>
>>46921542
>Are you an insane person?
Surely you mean a insane person?
>>
>>46921830
Oh no, he did something.
He shut a colossal asshole up for a few moments.
He's not good, he's great.
>>
>>46897053
That's what you get playing FATAL
>>
>>46910455
On the one hand, the Ninja guy sounds like a total tool. On the other, Bear shouldn't have escalated matters by grabbing him. That's not cool. Especially since he was letting you guys game in his house.
>>
The worst one I ever did was I got into a shouting match with the GM because he was being a huge asshole. Typical GMPC bullshit. But specifically picking on my character, because I had mad a character that was essentially a grognard it was a modern setting and my guy was a wizard. In both senses of the term. He decided that the character was an easy target. I didn't take kindly to that. It was especially bad because the GM was a IRL grognard. I ended up blowing up his DMPC and my character, killing myself, but not the DMPC (surprise, surprise) and quit.
>>
From all these posts, I gathered one thing : having a DMPC in your party is a recipe for disaster.
>>
>>46922319
One thing to keep in mind was that Ninja had been yammering consistently for months and everyone just put up with it and never disagreed because it just made him shift into high gear.
And he really was an asshole in other ways.
I forget the other things that Ninja did that made him an asshole, but I want to say he was the guy that took over ten grand from his parents for school, lived off them until he got a job, and told them they had to eat the expenses because they were his parents. Then went on to get a high paying promotion by lying about his friends and coworkers, moved away from his parents, and never spoke to them again.
Again, I might be mixing up assholes as EK seemed to attract them, literally sometimes.

But yeah, I'm not a proponent of violence and neither is EK.
I suspect at the time EK was frozen in horror, but when he tells the story, knowing that nobody was really hurt, he laughs till he can't breathe.

Bear's actions were not good actions. But neither were they truly regrettable.
>>
>>46922571
>I forget the other things that Ninja did that made him an asshole, but I want to say he was the guy that took over ten grand from his parents for school, lived off them until he got a job, and told them they had to eat the expenses because they were his parents. Then went on to get a high paying promotion by lying about his friends and coworkers, moved away from his parents, and never spoke to them again.
That doesn't have anything to do with the game.
I'd punch that guy in the nuts repetedly until he cries like a bitch though.
>>
>>46922319
>I don't know what happened but I can judge anyway
Don't be that guy who has no real idea what happened, only got vague hearsay from a third party, and thinks he can lecture people.
>>
>>46914572
With the DM.
>>
>>46897050
>the GM’s fault
Full stop, no. You aren't even allowed to have an opinion on this.

You stab somebody, it's _always_ your fault. If you're lucky you stabbed somebody who deserved it, but it's your fault either way.

There are zero excuses.
>>
>>46922674
But the GM clearly gave him the knife, and held his hand.
>>
I once got involved in a gang fight when the GM's 'buddies' decided they were going to pop in with some SMGs and get revenge. Fuckers did it right when I rolled a nat _1 on the encounter table.
>>
>>46922595
>That doesn't have anything to do with the game.
True enough, but neither did anything Ninja was spewing, really.
Technically the story was mostly game adjacent more than a gaming story.
But it fit OP's description.
>>
>>46922814
>be American
>roll a 1
>get shot
>>
>>46922674
>>the GM’s fault
>Full stop, no.
Do me a favor.
Read the six words before that section you quoted that caused your full stop.
Go on, read them.
Sound them out.
You can do it.
I believe in you anon.
It's okay to ask someone for help if you need it.
We'll wait for you.
>>
>>46895624
Can't handle the bants.
>>
There was once a time my friend was GM of a one shot Zombie Apocalypse game for a friend's birthday. The party encountered a two guys taking turns raping a girl while the other should guard with a gun. The party all wanted to help stop the this except for one guy, who wanted his character to join in on the fun. He managed to convince the guys to let him join and began to describe in detail what he was doing to her. This made the rest of the party and the GM (who wanted them to help her) really uncomfortable. The GM then ruled that the girl turned into a zombie part way through the rape and bite the fucker's dick off. I wasn't there but I was told the rest of the birthday party was really awkward.
>>
File: laughing monkeys.jpg (47 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
laughing monkeys.jpg
47 KB, 460x276
>>46923984
>The GM then ruled that the girl turned into a zombie part way through the rape and bite the fucker's dick off
10/10
>>
>>46917018
>Lina
>from Dota
oh anon
>>
>>46924120
Kids these day don't know about muh slayers.
>>
>>46917018
>>46924120
>>46924232
I am legit mad now.
>>
>>46924232
That is criminal, especially if they browse /tg/ of all places
>>
>>46924804
I concur.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 970x755) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 970x755
>>46924052
Remember to declaw and detooth your zombies, folks! Its for the good of the population!
>>
>>46924120
>>46924232
>>46924280
>>46924804
>>46924979
I don't get it...
>>
>>46925157
I'm sure you can bite a dick off without your teeth. There's so much strength in the jaw...
>>
>>46925190
Nah. Believe it or not its a method for serial rapist to make their jail bitches compliant. You can try all you want but at that point you're just making it a better experience for the rapist.
>>
>>46918211

A Distant Plain is really good at two things: moments of awkward quiet as you play a card that kills a bunch of innocent people, and filtering out the racist assholes that can't be trusted to be anywhere near anything with playable factions like the Taliban and the Warlords.

On-topic and related:
>2001
>Just signed up for an online game of oWoD on AOL (I know, it's shit, it had a decent dice roller tho)
>Plan to make campaign of various oWoD Hunter factions - Inquisiton, rogue hunters, imbued, etc. Things are getting made everything looks cool.
>9/11 happens.
>Next day, log in for game-time, discover group has decided to shift gears and send all the hunters off to Afghanistan to hunt Al-Qaeda and Taliban Assamite vampires to "get the sandniggers back."
>Nope the fuck out.
>>
>>46926026
Ya, because the Taliban are a race.
>>
>>46896571
>gm getting bribed

as a forever GM i am ashamed for my fellow brother. GM is and should always be bastion of balance, never wavering, never picking favorites, nor killing players(rock falls) nor saving them.
>>
>>46926240

I'm pretty sure there was a splatbook to Rahowa somewhere to that effect
>>
>>46926334
You right.
>>
>>46920193
Dumbass
>>
>>46920565
should've hurt the animal, after kids beat him - let them treat it.
>>
>>46925184
Lina is originally from popular chineese cartoon called "Slayers". It's not even the matter of the name and red hair - even names of her spells are taken straight from the source material. Dragon Slave, Ragna Blade, I don't know what else Dota stole, since I don't play fucking dota.

Slayers should be somewhat popular with /tg/ crowd, since it did poke fun at fantasy tabletop games. The main characters included a stupid good paladin, big dumb fighter and an edgelord.
>>
>>46926877
Got it in one.
>>
>>46913003
10/10
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.