[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #797 It's Okay To Not Like Things Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: Quicksilverupdatedourbutts.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Quicksilverupdatedourbutts.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46786241
>>
File: tumblr_nqolamD6iU1swk8e0o1_400.gif (138 KB, 354x369) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqolamD6iU1swk8e0o1_400.gif
138 KB, 354x369
>>46795725
This is what I think of you people and your thread.
>>
Anyone willing to help me balance the cost and wording of powers/abilities for my The Fountain Jump?

CONCIOUSNESS TIER
Sense of the now -area awareness
Sense of the then - object and room reading
Sense of the soon - ten second precog
Perfect time - you have a perfect awareness of time

TEMPORAL TIER
Borrowed seconds - every year you gain twelve seconds to spend as you wish. You may store them up. They can be used to give you extra time to do something or to extend a time limited ability
Stolen moments - you may distract someone and make time jump forward for them without them noticing
Time apart - you may take a ten minute time out
Time out of mind -you may send a thought or question to your past self in the hopes that they will be able to answer it before they become you. You will know instantly in they succeeded. 140 character limit
>>
part 2
SPIRITUAL TIER
The departed speak to the recently dead: as long as a person has been dead no more than a week, you may speak to them as if they were still alive.
Sooth extreme emotions: You have achieved inner calm and can project it as long as you are not currently experiencing any strong emotion yourself. Merely being in someone’s presence is enough, but physical contact, oratory or song, or just allowing them to see you can all boost the effect.
Grant absolution: If you can convince someone to pour out their deepest fears, regrets, or sins to you, you can grant them true absolution, allowing them to forgive themselves and move on. This does absolutely nothing for you as it does not work if you make it conditional
500 years of Practice: you have spent 500 years mastering and beyond mastering any singular skill or artform. Sure you are absolutely obsessed with it, but that will fade as the jump comes to an end.

PHYSICAL TIER
Perfect health & Regeneration:
Energy state: once per jump you may become pure energy and reincarnate yourself at will.
All together now. You may choose to absorb the personality of any self into a gestaltrn whole
>>
>Hollow (100, 200, or 400 CP) – On your way out of the Hedge, you ran through an abandoned building in a glade, and you memorized it's location and what trods lead to it. For 100 CP, you came across an empty clearing with a single wooden door and a lot of potential. For 200 CP, you went through a small cottage which was a bit bigger on the inside and is surprisingly sturdy. For 400 CP, you lucked your way into the a nice two story ranch style house with basement, found a safe passage through the wards protecting the place, and it has running electricity and water somehow. Post-jump, the glade will be available through a door, well, or skylight in your warehouse. Attempts to leave that glade except through where you entered will return you to the glade in a different location.

Can Changeling be checkmarked in the warehouse add-on section of the jumpchain list now?
>>
Is the Once Upon a Time jump done now or is it still being worked on?
>>
File: ASsmirk.png (254 KB, 487x518) Image search: [Google]
ASsmirk.png
254 KB, 487x518
>>46795366
Wrong way round, actually. Light of Terra WAS the hangover, considering we were stripped of all our powers at that point. Which take it from us, is even less fun than it sounds. The...grossness of being trapped in a decaying human meatsuit drove us mad enough to start ripping ourself apart, until our Necron Spyder bro was kind enough to replace most of our body with necrodermis.

Before that? We...were honestly kind of a dick, we won't lie. It's not like we just woke up and said "right, it's time to kill all the Spiral races". It was a gradual thing.

The paranoia from the enemy we had made, and the growing self-hate from realising we were slowly becoming like Nyarlathotep just to be able to fight it off. The simple callousness that came with it being harder to relate to people, and the frustration from seeing their failing repeated in reality after reality. It's funny, we saved Qilby from isolation but nobody could save us from ourself.

And the curiosity we had for peering into the true nature of souls in the multiverse was a sound distraction from both.

There was, in short, a lot of metaphysical hard-partying for many centuries.

We had our lucid moments. Sometimes we'd go somewhere that reminded us, just for a second, what it was like to stand true for something worthwhile.

Or even someone worth protecting.

And then we'd go to another reality where all bets were off once more, and had to fight to survive. Nothing to make you fall off the bandwagon like having no center, no constant to your life but a bored cosmic being seeing you as entertainment.

We realise we were...sloppy and shortsighted in how we acted before our reality check. And our morally upright companions won't let us forget it.

>>46795900
I think it's ready for builds but Cracker Jack was going to put in some clearer benchmarks for some things, shouldn't be a major update if there is one at all.
>>
>>46795943
A reminder that that C'tan died for your sins.
>>
>>46795780
Thanks, anon. Much appreciated.
>>
Best places for a healing factor that isn't the x-men jump? Taking other things from that.
>>
>>46796172
Devil May Cry has one that lets you regenerate limbs in hours.
>>
>>46796172
Marvel and Claymore.
>>
>>46796172
Symbiote and SCP.
>>
>>46796172
Claymore, just being a defensive type would grant limb restoration within a day if you aren't very powerful, faster if you are. Then there is the "Filled With Hate" perk that grants some obscene level of regeneration.
>>
>>46796172
Shoggoth can sort of be used as a healing factor. I mean you take damage then kinda glorp back together.
>>
>>46796223
>>46796238
>>46796270
>>46796275
Thank you all, much appreciated.
>>
File: antispiralhuman1.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman1.png
60 KB, 704x478
>>46795962
WE KNOW. RIP in peace anonymous celestial being shard ;_;

>>46795805
What perk tier system are you using? 100/300/600? 100/200/400/600?

Also, what on earth are you basing the temporal/spiritial ones on? I don't remember any time/spirit shenanigans from the Fountain. As a general rule it's a bad idea to just make up powers that aren't represented in canon unless they're sufficiently thematic. I'd prefer you focus on more subtle/ambiguous perks than explicit time shenanigans.

>Sense of the now

100-200

>Sense of the then

Exactly what does this do? Tentative 300-400. If it does something truly spectacular maybe it could merit a capstone?

>Sense of the soon

300-400 or maybe a capstone i.e. 600 depending on how accurate it is, I suppose

>Perfect time

Uh. Not sure. Could be a capstone if the other abilities are modest enough? Could also be a 200-300 if one of them gives enough of an advantage relative to the rest

>Borrowed seconds

600, if not 800. It's really iffy even so, though. Not sure about this.

>Stolen moments

This sounds rather hard to define, I'd rather you not include it

>Time apart

What a "time out" is needs to be defined. If it's, say, a state where you can only take mental actions I'd say 200-300

>Time out of mind

...maybe leave this one out.

>The departed speak to the recently dead

300-400, be warned worlds with certain kinds of afterlife may lead to awkward conversations with the grim reaper as well

>sooth extreme emotions

300-400

>grant absolution

600, should probably put some sort of caveat for particularly twisted characters

>500 years of practice

200-300

>perfect health & regen

600 given the themes of The Fountain

>All together now

Not sure what this does. Tentative 200?

>Energy state

>>46796172
Potentially JoJo or Worm depending what your Stand/Shard is.
>>
>>46796299
Missed you in >>46796301

Side question what kind of power level is Symbiote?
>>
>>46796172
The Prototype perk from Prototype, in conjunction with 401k from Highschool of the Dead, should make you pretty hard to kill, as long as your conscious.

Prototypes can heal almost instantly as long as they have the biomass necessary, and 401k lets you hold potentially limitless amounts of food/water/air/sleep.
>>
Text cut off because of post limits but-Energy state is one of those things you should seriously consider replacing because extra lives are one of those controversial areas in Jumpchain.

That and Borrowed Seconds and Stolen moments since they seem particularly really out of place in terms of application for The Fountain as a setting.
>>
>>46796321
Well at the story's end the two 'main' Symbiote-Host Pairs join and become literal gods (no really, the writing just took a shit and they literally call themselves God A and God B).
>>
>>46796321
It has reality warpers with interplanetary range by the end (you can't duplicate their ascension until post-chain).
>>
>>46796408
>>46796422
Is it survivable early on, say 10 jumps or so? I would also most likely try to stay out of the plot.
>>
>>46796321
Not too bad. Assuming you don't start committing atrocities and drawing the wrath of God A and God B (who won't exist yet at the time you enter the jump unless you take a drawback, so you could prevent their ascension), the only real threat is the Facet, a military AI that eventually starts trying to do crazy evil stuff. But even then its robot armies aren't that strong.

>>46796408
Not at the end. It actually happens in the middle of the story. But the new gods decide to create copies of themselves as they were when they were still mortal, for some reason, and the narrative continues following them. God A and God B fuck off to do their own things.

>>46796457
Very. Like I said, so long as you aren't cartoonishly evil, the reality-warpers won't care about you.
>>
>>46796457
Stay out of the United States, you're out of the plot.
>>
>>46796488
Or Australia, a lot of symbiotes move to Australia.
>>
>>46796480
>>46796488
Thanks, honestly i always leave the US in any jump I can. Far too hot in most places.
>>
>>46796480
... well I guess the middle's where I stopped reading then.

Seriously, it's like a Material Sciences student tried to write something expounding the virtues of CARBONCARBONCARBON and disregarded everything else that wasn't the science-y stuff or the combat. The character interactions are literally meh-tier.
>>
Going through Dresden, would Multiple Choice work on a Denarian? I mean they'll probably be a lot less likely to let you do it a second time but it may be useful as a last resort.
>>
>>46796316
I assumed 1/2/4/6
The movie is all about time, enlightenment, reincarnation, and the impermanence of all things.

Sense of the Then is psychometry, the ability to know the history of a place or object.
A time out is stepping outside of time for 10 minutes... but you can't interact with anything else you aren't carrying and you must reenter the flow of time at the same moment you left.
what kind of Caveat would you recommend for Grant Absolution.
>>
http://pastebin.com/BghfjPVQ

So to make up for the slow progress on Boktai, I present to you all some writefaggotry about a girl named Chloe Nash beginning her jumpchain. More to follow if there's interest.
>>
>>46796521
Yeah, it's not that great. It was the author's first work, they get better later on. Mostly. There's this bit in the middle of Reject Hero that is just...ugh. Yes, we get it, your description of the superhuman-founded space colony is very clever. Can we move on?
>>
>>46796387
I wasn't thinking of Energy State as an extra life thing. I was thinking more of using it to transform yourself int a new being. I can limit it to requiring being healthy, not dying, or something.
>>
>>46796553
Ah, okay.

I get that, it's just that putting in actual time powers seems inappropriate to me since all the characters have no innate control over time/spirit to that extent.

Hmm. How far back d'you go, and only mundane objects or supernatural ones too? I'd say definitely 600. Any risk of sensory overload if, say, you touched a dragon dildo?

And 300 for time out.

Basically, has to be a genuine desire for redemption expressed during a lucid state of mind I'd say. No Griffiths or drunkards. Also has to be close enough to a regular human's psyche but I suppose that goes without saying. I dunno maybe I'm being too strict about the condition.

>>46796593
Oh! In that case I think you'd have to define what "a new being" means before I come to a certain decision but if it doesn't let you outright cheat death I think it would work fine as a 600, then.
>>
Speaking of Symbiote, I have a question for the author if they're around. Jolly Cooperation is discounted if you import an AI to be your Symbiote. Would it be unreasonable for a companion who is already a symbiotic life form to get a discount too? A Kamui, for example.

I mean, I could just take a 100-point drawback to cover the difference. I'm just wondering if there's a specific reason existing symbiotics don't qualify, or if it was an oversight.
>>
>>46796707
>I get that, it's just that putting in actual time powers seems inappropriate to me since all the characters have no innate control over time/spirit to that extent.
That's true... how about if I limit use of those powers to Future Selves only, since they're clearly into the "Sufficiently advanced" segment / able to manipulate physics and temporality through unseen instrumentality?
>Hmm. How far back d'you go, and only mundane objects or supernatural ones too? I'd say definitely 600. Any risk of sensory overload if, say, you touched a dragon dildo?
Oh, yes, sensory overload very much, but I can put in language about how you get more information the more you focus, and that magical items cause more strain than mundane
>And 300 for time out.
>a genuine desire for redemption expressed during a lucid state of mind I'd say.
Yeah, I pretty much assumed that was a given, but I can be more clear in wording.
>>>46796593 (You)
>what "a new being" means
Essentially another individual that would have the same essential character traits (a nord warrior origin character would remain a nord warrior, but they'd be a different person, different name, different appearance, different mapped overlay personality.
>>
What exactly is possible with Vortessence in the Halflife jump?
>>
>>46797012
That mostly all sounds good. I'd rather you just nix the powers though if there aren't any canon feats to back them up beyond the bubble-ship Tom flies within. Feels like leaping to conclusions too fast. Maybe some sort of super science engineering perk to represent that kind of advanced understanding of physical laws but I fear that may be personal bias speaking a little since there's so few glimpses into Future Tom's era of tech.

If you do keep some time powers I think the ones relating to one's personal perception of time rather than affecting that of others' or manipulating time as a tangible force would be OK, though. Or others along those lines.

Seems I'm the only other person here to have watched The Fountain though. Hope you don't mind getting feedback from just me if there don't turn out to be a few others around some other time.
>>
>>46796530
Huh, I never considered that. I don't see why not. It won't free you of their influence unless you give up the coin, but it'll probably let you agree to take on more of their influence for power, then yank it away. Just be careful, because it's the sort of thing you pretty much can only do once, and having an angry Denarian in your head is a very bad idea.
>>
Just started doing the Naruto Jump, had to refresh my memories of a lot of things because I jumped ship after the Great Kage Meeting and Sauce's obliteration at the hands of the 4-time Kumogakure League champion.

I just have one thing to say:
1) I'm jumping in as an Orphan of the Clan, but FUCK the Senju are just bullshit.
>>
>>46797122
Based on what we've seen in the games? Electricity manipulation, acting normally when time is stopped, and healing people. Any other uses of it are pure conjecture.
>>
>>46795900
Basically what ASA said. Shouldn't be a major update; just use the one with the logo on it.
>>
File: 1402006315880.gif (492 KB, 500x252) Image search: [Google]
1402006315880.gif
492 KB, 500x252
http://pastebin.com/qPHpL0LR
I've been putting it together for the past couple of days. And I'm having difficulty trying to come up with suitable theme appropriate perks. There's a good chance I might miss something. And the power packages might even get nixed entirely. Split into individual powers. Lots of stuff in this jump I had stewing in for months. But since I never got around to putting it to work a lot of the things I planned on adding where put into other jumps. If there's anything you want included just let me know.
>>
>>46797122
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv5GFqWcOwk

In this scene a team of Vortigaunts (the aliens who are actually the users of Vortessence) are basically interrupting the G-man's (creepy, powerful reality bender) time stop and abduction of the player and Alyx, the girl.

A team off Vortigaunts can hold off the G-man, who is one of the most powerful beings in Half-Life. He's like a cross between a pencil pushing salary man and mid-level god.
>>
>>46797338
>>46797380

Neato
>>
>>46797380
I'm not sure the G-Man is really that strong on the personal scale, though. He works mainly through intermediaries, that's the whole point of his relationship with Gordon. There are definitely stronger things than him, out there. For example, Nihilanth, who enslaved the Vortigaunts. Then again, Nihilanth died to a guy in a primitive power suit hitting it in the head with a crowbar, so...I don't know. The power levels are all over the place, there.
>>
>>46796387
I don't see how it's that big of a deal. A Horcrux or just a good ol' fashioned phylactery is essentially infinite free lives.
>>
>>46797213
No, I'm glad someone is giving feedback. I'll post a few more times as I get the thing closer to finished. Its my first Jump creation and i've only been at this for 9 days.
>>
>>46797356
Insufficient pretty perks.
>But it has Picturesque-
INSUFFICIENT PRETTY PERKS.

Is PG-13 Brutality this setting only, or something I can keep going forward? It refers to the setting too strongly for me to be certain. If not, can you add a paid option for permanence (well, including the toggle)?

Construction Junction is clear as mud. Do you make power sources? Lantern-ish constructs?
>>
>>46797311
So, uh, THEORETICALLY, if someone pulled some bullshit and brainwashed/befriended a Denarian, could they're have a Naruto/Kurama style partnership?
>>
>>46797356
I...take it Tales of Symphonia is hitting some major developmental problems?

>Super luck

Yeah, that sounds a bit too hard to explain.

>sticking up for the little guy

I think this definitely need some kind of upper limit because suffice to say I'm quite familiar with some powers that are intrinsically horrifying.

>constructive junction

Is this psionics/magic/ki from the DCAU only or your own? D'you make constructs or power sources out of it? It's a little unclear.

>Nth metal weapon

To clarify is it literally indestructible even by omnipotents or is it just always charged up?

>Guide to Super Tech Theory

Copying ANY supernatural powers (oh god Stands and SMT bosses) seems a little much even by Amazo standards. Should probably add a benchmark for what you can easily reproduce.

>>46797476
Point, although it's still not really something represented in The Fountain-not in the span of less than 10 years, anyway. Though to be fair being killed with a Horcrux only sustains you as a ghost and you need some magical ingredients just to reconstitute into a gross baby thing, and even more ingredients to completely ressurect into a healthy human body. And of course, it can be broken.
>>
>>46797505
Theoretically, yes.

But in practice it's slightly harder than not regretting shoving a glass tube in your dick and then squeezing it hard. Fallen angels are hardcore motherfuckers responsible for things like the Black Plague.
>>
>>46797532
If I recall, the DCU Amazo could copy any powers except for Chaos Magic. Everything else was fair game, to the point that he eventually got so strong that he could fight every single Green Lantern at once and beat them. While holding back so that he didn't cause fatalities, while they were going all out. DCU Amazo is some seriously broken bullshit. I'm not saying that in support of Guide to Super Tech Theory, though. If anything, we should be more limited than him.
>>
>>46797505
I was about to cry 'bullshit' but remembered that Jumpers are overpowered out of context solutions/problems.

Short answer- no. Denarians are very intelligent, incredibly well learned, have entirely too much forbidden knowledge, and centuries of time to refine magics- mortal or otherwise. They aren't power sources in any capacity. When they tempt you with 'power' what that actually means is their own forbidden knowledge and experience.
>>
>>46797532
What's this about Tales of Symphonia?
>>
>>46797532
>I...take it Tales of Symphonia is hitting some major developmental problems?
But... we already have a Tales of Symphonia jump.
>>
>>46797622
>>46797627
Ugh, my bad. Brain derped, it was Kingdom Hearts I meant to type.
>>
>>46797627
I think he meant to say Tales of Phantasia. That's being worked on right now.
>>
Happy 420!
>>
>>46797505
What >>46797554 said. Except I think he may be underselling the difficulty. What's much more likely is that you get the sort of partnership Nicodemus and Anduriel have... Where you just think you're equals and don't realize just how much you're really being manipulated.

>>46797600
They do offer Hellfire, their alternate form, and their supernatural abilities like Anduriel's spymaster trick. Might be what he means.
>>
File: ocarina of time poster.jpg (146 KB, 812x1023) Image search: [Google]
ocarina of time poster.jpg
146 KB, 812x1023
I know we have a Legend of Zelda jump, but it's kind of generic- the 'location' roll is for the era, I mean.

I might have some free time in the near future, and I'm mulling over the idea of making an Ocarina/Majora specific Zelda jump- I think it's well suited to a decade period given the time span Ocarina takes place in, and you can run off to Termina for a bonus episode if/when you want to.

However, if the community does not approve, I won't bother. I have other ways to entertain myself. :)
>>
>>46797763
What about really old Jumpers who have more in common with the angels themselves than they do humans?
>>
>>46797771
I'm ambivalent. The one we have is kind of based on all the Zeldas, and includes things from those two. On the other hand, we have broad Jumps with specific Jumps made afterwards, like Fallout and Fallout 4 and DC and all the DC-setting jumps.
>>
>>46796563
Why not? We could use more writing.
>>
>>46797771
The setting is already covered. Multiple jumps for it is not allowed.
>>
File: 1377655012804.jpg (22 KB, 300x359) Image search: [Google]
1377655012804.jpg
22 KB, 300x359
>>46797502
>INSUFFICIENT PRETTY PERKS
PG-13 Brutality is supposed to be a free perk for you. But if you think that's too good for a free for setting perk to carry over. I'll make restricted to setting then make it purchasable to carry over.

>Construction Junction is clear as mud.
You are your power source. It's entirely internal. And it's generally lantern-ish constructs.

>>46797532
Construction Junction is your own as well. So if you have any perks that enhance said source of power it'll apply.

Nth Metal can be fucked up by Nth metal. So I assume adamantium like when against magical sources. But I doubt it could handle omnipotence. In the show the weapon gains a charge based on your intentions. Or it least it seemed to whenever hawk girl wielded it.

Amazo can copy a number of things. Including cosmic energy forces. But is really hampered by chaos magic. Or pure magical sources in general from what I remember seeing in the show. He seemed to be mostly restricted to using Comic Book science to recreate all of it. It's not meant to let you make Amazo right off the bat. It lets you apply your super science to recreate super powers.

Also KH kinda hit a snag with TopHat having to deal with some serious personal issues for a bit. But he's back and we're hacking away at the rest of it.
>>
>>46797771
While I would like it, you'd need the permission of whoever made the base LoZ jump, and they'd likely have to remove the relevant Era from it.
>>
>>46797771
I would suggest trying to get in contact with the jump maker Rukipedia, they may be willing to let you. That said I haven't seen them in a while.
>>
>>46796172
SCP for survival, Marvel for speed
>>
>>46797892
>PG-13
I was simply curious because of the wording. Since it's mostly cosmetic, I don't think it needs to be a separate purchase. I'm simply also invested in making sure I keep it since the ability to make fights more palatable to watch is great for PR.

>Construction Junction
Thank you for clarifying! I do think it is worth including a simple line of 'Green Lantern lite, powered by X, upper limit Y, and with no assisting xenotech computer/AI.'
>>
>>46797892
Alright. Sorry to hear. That clears up some stuff though it'd be good to know what DCAU psionics/magic/ki can actually do if you buy Construction Junction without prior psionics/ki/magic perks.

And I still recommend giving some examples for what you can easily copy with the science initially, and what you can definitely copy once you've fully understood it to save questions on things like entire magic systems or conceptual stuff like the MEoDP
>>
>>46797657
That's my department. It's in limbo while I work on Boktai. I'll free it up if it drags on too long of a wait time, though.
>>
>>46797771
We have generic jumps and setting specific that are already covered in them, so long as you are not in the same era as you were before I say go for it. Alternate universe stuff happen all the time. We have like what 2 marvel jumps and an xmen jump?
>>
>>46798100
All the marvel and xmen jumps do not cross over and deal with totally different universes. The Zelda jump is not this, it fully includes Majora/Ocarina.
>>
>>46797771

From what I can tell if you want to make a Zelda jump you would you would basically have to either a. get permission, b. find a way to prove this is one of the settings where it's okay for their to be multiple jumps like Warhammer 4000 for example, or c. find a Zelda thing not covered by the jump at all (most of which from what I can tell suck).
>>
>>46798328
Hyrule Warriors was alright-actually, is Hyrule Total War covered under the Total War jump? Because that mod had a pretty interesting story/mythos.
>>
>>46798381
Total War doesn't cover any crossover mods.
>>
>>46798401
Well then hey, maybe that other anon could do that? I'm just throwing ideas at the wall here.
>>
>>46798135
The this is that with the existing Zelda jump the location roll is for one of seven time periods. Did you want to visit Termina AND Holodrum? Or the Great Sea AND Hyrule? Too bad. They take place centuries, if not millenniums, apart. Or maybe in a parallel time stream. Zelda's meta gets weird.
>>
>>46798381
If Hyrule Warriors gets a jump I want a crazy fangirl and her villainous form as companions.
>>
>>46798481
That would be great, possibly as a companion that has a drawback associated with them, where if you take both they count as a single companion.
>>
>>46798460
Not see what point you're trying to make, because unlike the previous examples all the time periods are possible to go to fromthe location rolls. You can't choose to go to the MCU in the normal Marvel jump nor to the cinematic X men jump. Either get permission from the jump's creator or forget about it.
>>
>>46798381

>Hyrule Warriors was alright

I was more referring to almost all of the other spin offs which seem to have opinions varying from 'ignore that' to 'hold it lets mock it before going back to ignoring it'.
>>
>>46798543
In the majority of jumps, if you end up somewhere you don't like, you can move to wherever you want to be. Landed in Kanto? Charter a flight to Unova.

Legend of Zelda? Hope you have a time machine. Which are generally frowned upon here to my recollection.

More clearly put: In most jumps, the location roll doesn't lock you out of roughly 85% of the franchise.
>>
>>46798595
What's that newest one where Link plays dress up? Wonder how bad it was.
>>
>>46798614
Well, I guess that just means you need to make a choice then huh? Almost like you need to choose which adventure you want to have.
>>
>>46798614
>Which are generally frowned upon here to my recollection.

Have you fucking seen the new namefag people are forming a fanclub over? That shit's not a thing anymore.
>>
>>46798595
Ah, fair enough. Though I can think of any-
>>46798628
>Dress up
What. What the actual fuck.
>>
File: epic-zelda-painting-full.jpg (2 MB, 960x5253) Image search: [Google]
epic-zelda-painting-full.jpg
2 MB, 960x5253
>>46798381
>>46798481
I would fist fight an army of cuccos for a Hyrule Warriors jump.
>>
>>46798636
No?
>>
>>46798629
Choices are for squares.
>>
>>46798629
>you need to make a choice
There's no option to buy your way into the setting you want, so you don't really get a choice at all. Just the lock. But, that's more somethign to bring up with brows or whatever.
>>
>>46798629
While you (?) are right in that the initial anon needs to ask permission from the LoZ jumpmaker to make the separate Ocarina jump, you're making it sound like there should be only one Marvel jump.
>>
>>46798684
Then ask for a 50cp choice option, don't try to make another jump you twits.
>>
>>46798659
Why would you fight a fight you can't win?
>>
>>46798659
>Right click
>Save Link
Aww yeah
>>
>>46798659
...You CAN access the varying timelines and universes normally unavailable in the Legend of Zelda jump, the chief complaint of the other anon as far as I can tell...
>>
>>46798699
If you ignore everything I've said then sure, it sounds like I mean that. Nevermind that I explicitly called out that the Marvel jumps are examples of settings being completely separate, each jump not covering the others and thus justifying why they can be made and said that this was the opposite of the LoZ situation.
>>
File: saltmustflow.jpg (47 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
saltmustflow.jpg
47 KB, 250x250
>>46798667
Don't talk to it.
>>
>>46798706
That literally is the exact same problem anon.
>>
>>46798659
>I would fist fight an army of cuccos for a Hyrule Warriors jump.
But could you take on that army's hero?
>>
Actually does anyone have any clue what the exceptions for the 'only one jump per setting' rule are besides 'if you manage to not cause a shit storm' or 'it was ?

I can sort of understand some of the exceptions like the Fallout and Dragon Age stuff, and the ones where the jump maker split it do to themes and time periods, but other stuff like how Warhammer 40000(esspecially Light of Terra which will probably get me yelled at) and the Type-Moon jump was okay to split but not other similar stuff seemed odd.
>>
>>46799029
>Fallout
4 takes place 10 years after the period covered by the current jump.
>Dragon Age
Inquisition takes place 10 years after the period covered by the jump.
>Warhammer
Race themed jumps, each jump specifically only covers one race (LoT is a gauntlet).
>Type Moon
Different times, places, and universes all made by one person that cover different things.

Understand?
>>
>>46797380
>>46797441
I tend to think of the G-Man as less "mid-level god" and more "proxy of mid-level god(s)".

As for how Nihilanth died: do you know anyone who actually managed to reach and complete that level on their first try, no reloads, and without any prior knowledge of the upcoming danmaku? Because I sure don't. In a fight between Gordon Freeman with a crowbar versus Mace Windu with a lightsaber, I'd put money on Gordon winning. _Somehow_. It would probably involve G-Man's meddling.
>>
>>46799029
If the jumps are separate by enough time that they won't overlap, or are covering completely different aspects of a setting. Tsukihime covers a completely different aspect of nasuverse than fate, and both were able to fill up a jump quite easily without too much overlap.
>>46799071
Tsukihime was not made by Val, she may be a horrible monster, but she's not that bad.
>>
>>46799103
It still takes place in a separate universe not covered by her jumps.
>>
>>46799029
If it's the same franchise but a different universe it's fine.

If it's the same franchise and universe but a different time period it's fine, but you should probably talk to the Jump creator.

If it's the same franchise and and universe, and the same time time period, then you should probably not do this unless the original Jump creator agrees.
>>
>>46797771
While I would personally love nothing more than to have a specific jump for Oot/Majora and possibly for the other periods as well, I think we all know this is never going to happen, for a number of reasons, despite the fact that something similar has been done at least three.

The current Zelda jump 'covers' nearly all the settings of Zelda with the 'location' roll, automatically excluding anything more specific with that single, sprawling feature.

The other, more important reason we can't have another Zelda jump is the precedent it could set, along with the not unfounded concern that it could lead the way to turning jumpmaking into a popularity contest.

And I'd rather have one generic jump that sorta-kinda covers everything in a setting, than have all of Jumpchain collapse in on itself due to infighting and insecurity.

TL;DR

It's best if you don't, even if I really, really want you to.
>>
Actually doesn't Tsukihime happen in the same world as Fate/Stay night? I think there was something about Tsukhime ended before Fate/stay.
>>
>>46799126
Yes but
>Different times, places, and universes all made by one person that cover different things.
still implies Val made it.
>>
>>46799150
True, but it is a shame.

I'd have loved to have jumped so many Zelda locations/periods.
>>
>>46799150
Fair enough.
>>
>>46799176
It does, some of the other Grail wars take place in other universes, but at most Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night are alternate reality.
>>
>>46799176
It happens in the same time period as one of the locations of FSN but in a completely different area with a totally different focus, vampires instead of Servants. Even still, there was an agreement between the jumpmakers for them to make Tsukihime.
>>
>>46798706
I agree, actually. It's why I said to talk to the jumpmaker about it. It's their's now, so they decide what happens with it.
>>
File: image.png (842 KB, 540x853) Image search: [Google]
image.png
842 KB, 540x853
Anon if you want to make a Zelda jump, Hyrule Warriors would work for a jump.
>>
>>46799029
It also probably has something to do with how much content there is in certain settings.

Like in 40k, you could have a jump for each faction and still not be able to pick even a quarter of the possible options, and that's without different time periods like the Great Crusade or the Horus Heresy.

That also applies to things like Marvel/DC universes which have been running a very long time and have a vast array of possible archetypes and timelines, just one jump wouldn't do the settings justice.
It's okay not everyone likes LoT.
>>
>>46799287
Do you just... not pay attention to how discussions have gone before you blab your face out?
>>
>>46799371
This is Fist, he loves stirring shit.
>>
>>46799332
>That also applies to things like Marvel/DC universes which have been running a very long time and have a vast array of possible archetypes and timelines, just one jump wouldn't do the settings justice.
Too bad we can only have one jump for each of the comic settings (well, and an end-jump for DC.)

Come to think of it, is there any chance Marvel will make a Marvel endjump? Maybe a Secret Wars jump?
>>
>>46799071
>Warhammer
>Race themed jumps, each jump specifically only covers one race (LoT is a gauntlet).

So does this mean that if someone made a LoT like jump for another setting it would be okay?

>Type Moon
>Different times, places, and universes all made by one person that cover different things.

Actually Kara no Kyoukai was made by Ravenloft Anon, Tsukihime was made by someone else and edited by NinjaAnon, and Val made Fate.

All three off which were split from a WIP Type-Moon jump.

>>46799126

Actually it doesn't. If you get the right time period in Fate you can easily go to the events in Tsukihime, and you can go to the events in Fate from Tsukihime.

>>46799128

>If it's the same franchise and and universe, and the same time time period, then you should probably not do this unless the original Jump creator agrees.

This last part basically covers Tsukihime and the Fate/Stay Night part of the Fate jump, (and possibly the Kara no Kyoukai jump).
>>
>>46799371
What's wrong with a Hyrule Warriors jump? It's not covered by the Zelda jump, and it doesn't overlap with any previous jump. No one has claimed it, so there would be no drama.
>>
>>46799371
Actually, he's right: Hyrule Warriors isn't covered by the LoZ jump, takes place in multiple timelines/universes, has an entirely unique storyline, with gameplay based off Dynasty Warriors, by all
means, so long as the Jumpmaker himself doesn't say no, that jump can be made.
>>
>>46799452
>So does this mean that if someone made a LoT like jump for another setting it would be okay?
Sure just make a gauntlet of a sort for another setting that you can in some way justify. Good luck though getting people to accept it, the Halo gauntlet is a thing, but most people tend to ignore it.
>>46799471
>>46799504
I'm pretty sure he means that it was already brought up as an option, and was not what people were actually talking about.
>>
>>46798636
Alice?
>>
>>46799452
>So does this mean that if someone made a LoT like jump for another setting it would be okay?
Yeah, if it's well done. And it's probably going to be compared to LoT, which (imo) is a tough act to follow. Best of luck, though then again im a fanboy so fuck my opinion
>>
>>46799504
I wished that Dynasty warriors jump was finished because I would have loved to kill hundreds of enemies in the Romance of the three kingdoms era.
>>
>>46799332

>It also probably has something to do with how much content there is in certain settings.

Right here's a hypothetical example.

Let's say someone decided to make a non-Doctor focused Doctor Who jump. For example maybe one covering the Human Dalek War, or the Time Lord Vampire War (yes this was a thing), or if thier particularly insane Faction Paradox nonsense. Would the fact that there's 50 years worth of stuff including a damn huge expanded universe make that an okay exception, or would it somehow not count?

It's less not liking it and more not understanding how it got an exception.
>>
>>46799452
Hint: Gauntlets get attacked. People generally hate all but the best.
>>
>>46799590
>Faction Paradox

Endjump. Definitely endjump. The ultimate BBEG is basically like if ASA and Val had a daughter.
>>
>>46799522
To be fair, the Halo Gauntlet is pretty darn difficult to complete. With you losing what you got there if you fail (duh), most people won't have much to talk about concerning it, and since their powers are gone (also duh) for the duration people will for the most part be fine speaking about the main Halo jump since there's more potential for shenanigans.

Actually isn't there someone who made their rash usage of Benefactor of X a big deal for their character?
>>
File: 1393819829803.png (598 KB, 653x469) Image search: [Google]
1393819829803.png
598 KB, 653x469
>>46799742
>that spoiler
>>
>>46799725
Oh boy. Not that anon, but how do?
>>
>>46799782
Sorry.
>>
>>46799725

Are you referring to The Master's TARDIS eating the pocket dimension of the group called Faction Paradox, or the entity that ruined the City of the Saved, or whatever The Enemy is, or something else?
>>
>>46799782
Oh hey Red, mind if I ask you a question or two about that Sonic X jump you're working on? Firstly, did you figure out how to handle the Planet Eggs, I remember you said those were a problem? Secondly, can we expect a drawback that pits against one of the more competent/evil Eggmans, like the Archie one?
>>
File: 1274974890681.jpg (7 KB, 224x217) Image search: [Google]
1274974890681.jpg
7 KB, 224x217
>>46799827
Not your fault. Just that it was a colossal fuck-up on my end, and every time it's brought up I seem to be Mega-Satan Hitler Mach-5.

>>46799865
>Firstly, did you figure out how to handle the Planet Eggs
NOPE. I haven't gotten to that yet, so no fucking clue. Warframe and Nerf comes first.

>Secondly, can we expect a drawback that pits against one of the more competent/evil Eggmans, like the Archie one?
A bit too meta, and I'd rather not be the cause of someone deciding to use it as an excuse to say, yank the info out of his head and make Genesis Waves or Unity Engines.
>>
>>46799829
To Lolita

Wow, isn't the Eleventh Day Empire a scary place? It would sure be a shame if someone were to FUCKING EAT IT ALL

>>46799786
http://factionparadox.wikia.com/wiki/Lolita

Like this, that's how. She's a psychopathic TARDIS who kills an entire faction of what were basically Chaos Time Lords by herself. And they BUILT her.
>>
>>46799946
How's Black Crusade going
>>
>>46799590
A Torchwood Jump would be work and be awesome, though.
>>
>>46799946
Alright, I won't ask about the incident, but I need to know how Mach 5 Factors into it? Would you be Mega-Satan Hitler in a fighter jet?
>>
File: 1390522877573.jpg (20 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1390522877573.jpg
20 KB, 251x251
>>46800044
Sure, whatever. That works. Because people either do that or claim I'm a gigantic pussy for daring to actually feel guilt over it.

>>46800018
Well considering it's after Sonic X, which is after Nerf and Warframe, that should give you an idea.

...I do have a skeleton up for how I want it to go, though. 3 main parts, 3 DLC, 5 backgrounds, and plenty of options/rewards. A few customization tables as well, and some planned ideas for if you don't want to be a Daemon Prince/Living Saint at the end.
>>
>>46800002
Oh my god, I thought Supernatural's Darkness shit was bad.
>>
>>46799650
What about Long Live The Queen?
>>
>>46800161
LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRExjlxW7h0&index=8&list=PLSQ7aR8MbJjm5qfe6e1AHaqrT-TvMQWgd
>>
>>46800127

The Faction Paradox group literally runs on insanity, and then kicks it for not running fast enough.

No seriously the entire cults belief system can be summarized as "Voodoo spirits please help my burn causality and common sense to the ground.'.

That Eleven Day Empire part is literally named. They noticed England changing its calendar causing them to skip 11 days, and then purchased those 'missing' non-existent eleven days and made a base of operations out of it.

And their apparently not the most insane thing in that spin off.
>>
>>46800366
Who's writing the current season, Grant Morrison? Because this sounds like something out of Doom Patrol. It's right up the Brotherhood of Dada's alley.
>>
>>46800316
Alright, I'm going to just flat out ask : anyone else accidentally corrupt Elodie and turn her into a god queen with your power and advice? Took me a few jumps to calm her down, especially after she turned into an Angel and beat the shit out of the Kraken herself.
>>
>>46800426

>Who's writing the current season, Grant Morrison?

To clarify this started as part of the Doctor Who expanded universe. Then the guy with the copyright for Faction Paradox decided to make his own series called Faction Paradox and replaced the terms of stuff he couldn't use.

However it currently seems to be several people.

Also if your curious The Enemy is something the Time Lords (or Great Houses in the Faction Paradox series) are apparently something so bad the Time Lords literally can't even name it without making the problem worse.
>>
>>46800672

forgot the at war with part
>>
130. Order of the Stick
Background: Drop-In, Age: 28, Race: "Human", Basic Class: Wizard, Prestige Class: Mystic Theurge (-200)
Perks: He's Got Tha X's, Let Me Show You Something I Learned While Fishing (-300), Dun Dun Dunh! (-300)
Items: Sourcebooks, GM Screen (-400)
Drawbacks: Schedule Slip (+200)

For the first few years of the jump I worked closely with Roy and the party, and hiding my power level throughout. I was an archivist/wizard working with the party to acquire spells. All the spells. And I didn't hide my jumper nature at all. When they asked why I wanted to join up, I said they were protagonists and adventurers and I knew the story well enough to evade some major pitfalls. I was someone who knew things and saved lives and dodged trouble throughout. I broke prophecy and it's agents wherever possible. I got the plot to end with Azure City. All I had to do was kill a paladin at the right moment and lock down Xykon while some ghosts bashed his stupid skull in.

But, y'know, goblin army still needed to be taken care of. So, I worked with Redcloak to build a pan-goblinoid island nation, because island nations are fun. It didn't stop the Paladins from seeking vengeance, of course. So, the rest of the jump was spent securing the island into a fortress and fending off attacks from humanity. Resources were funneled in using the Kerykeion, class-levels were handed out like candy, a vast temple was built to the goblin god. It was a pretty good couple years. Roy and the gang even showed up again during some post-campaign adventuring. I got them off the chopping block and set up right as rain.

Really, it's just Xykon that needed to be removed from the equation. The whole "Race that exists to be genocided" is a total dick move, and Xykon would just fuck it all up.
>>
In Jojo if we get an Awakened Stand does it keep all of its old abilities or are they replaced?
>>
>>46800754
I think so, but you lose both if you Requiem in exchange for some OP nonsense.
>>
>>46800754
Awakened just means you gain another ability. Requiem enhances the ability of the stand further.

>>46800776
Canon Requiems are OP, but the ones in jump range from Ok to Great. However not OP.
>>
>>46799150
>And I'd rather have one generic jump that sorta-kinda covers everything in a setting, than have all of Jumpchain collapse in on itself due to infighting and insecurity.

Except we kinda already have? I mean we have completely locked jumps out of insecurity and infighting already. I guess there is a small chance it might get worse but it seems like we can eliminate most of the stated causes of the infighting if we allowed jump makers to simply make whatever they want with maybe simply keeping the lewd rule.

You talk about these problems, but it doesn't help your case when we are already facing them.
>>
>>46800855
Really? Hadn't read the JoJo jump yet, just stating what the series usually goes by. Suppose it's fair that the Jumpmaker wouldn't want to hand out Stands similar to/like Gold Experience Requiem.
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 451x877) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 451x877
I am shin dicho scorch and I will show both of theses continuities the meaning of pain as I wipe them away from existence forever

drawbacks TTG
age 16
species tamaranian
history athlete
powers, abilities and skills starbolts, flight, superhuman condition, omnilinguistic assimilation (works only on females), self sustenance, enviromental adaptation, martial arts, peak human conditions, empathy, engeneering and rogue

items and companions costume, theme song, holographic disguise, ring allowence and a companion
>>
>>46800928
Well, thing is there was going to be an update where joJo's Bizarre Anon replaced the 'shitty' Stands with better ones? also including a more in-depth Spin tree and a Zepelli origin.
>>
File: sad snek.gif (6 MB, 597x329) Image search: [Google]
sad snek.gif
6 MB, 597x329
>>46800951
Emphasis on "was."

I still miss her and I wasn't even there.
>>
>>46800932
Hey fledgling AI, haven't seen you in a while.
>>
>>46800951
I noticed you said "was going to be". What went wrong? And why are the Stands "shity?"
>>
>>46800997
>What went wrong?
This is jumpchain anon. What do you think went wrong?
>>
File: 0% greedy.gif (874 KB, 482x1039) Image search: [Google]
0% greedy.gif
874 KB, 482x1039
>>46800932
>Taking GO!

You fool.
>>
File: Orges are love Orges are life.jpg (43 KB, 640x453) Image search: [Google]
Orges are love Orges are life.jpg
43 KB, 640x453
>>46800984
>posting snek girl
>Not posting best girl
>>
>>46800997
Long story short, way back when there was still bad blood between IRC and thread, there was a dude who made a half-complete shitty Housing supplement. Captain Brutus, the guy who manages the drive, said he wasn't going to post it in the drive until it was better. A lurker in IRC took the "wasn't going to post it" and used it to start drama in thread, followed by starting drama in IRC.

JoJo tried to calm shit down. Got shat on by both parties. And left.

And well, look at the Judas Priest one for the Brando origin. Compared to the others it's kinda... well, not as great.
>>
>>46801036
Certainly had nothing to do with infighting and insecurity...oh no....
>>
File: Super Mario Super Star.png (100 KB, 503x479) Image search: [Google]
Super Mario Super Star.png
100 KB, 503x479
>>46800714
Would that paladin be Miko? And did this coincidentally prevent her Falling?
>>
>>46801061
I thought it was that JoJo and Brutus agreed not to upload the Stand Supplement until it was finished, and someone took the "not going to upload it" to the thread?
>>
What jumps do i need to jump if I want to reach the escape artist skills of Mister Miracle?
>>
>>46801152
Take all the jumps that make you a god and be the god of freedom/escape and then Darksiders and be the Rider of the same.
>>
>>46801135
As one of the guys who shat on JoJo when it happened and regrets it to this day (mostly because of the fact that JoJo was one of the few decent people around back in those days), the Supplement was never mentioned aside from one guy going "so is she going to at least post the Supplement before going away."

As you can guess, it never happened.
>>
File: 1268936246448.jpg (24 KB, 306x242) Image search: [Google]
1268936246448.jpg
24 KB, 306x242
(Basilisk)
-Background: Noble (Free) -FOOLS. BEHOLD AS I KEEP US AFLOAT.
-Sword without/with a Master (900CP) -A little bit more skill...
-Light Footed Metal Man (700CP) -Armor doesn't slow me, and I move faster in armor? ONWARD!
-Proper (Free) -A woman of high status is always calm.
-Backroom Politics (600CP) (Discount) -You gotta know the game to keep up.
-Administrative Master (400CP) (Discount) -I'm like... the medieval Bruce Wayne.
-Could Be Shogun (100CP) (Discount) -Oh. Well. This. Is. Different.
-Master Forged Weapon (0CP) -GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL. BAKA GAIJIN GO HOME.
Dice Rolls: 22 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

----

(1984)
-Background: Drop-In (800CP) -FUCK THIS MADNESS.
-Newspeak (Free) -I know what you meant. Don't fool me.
-Room 101 (400CP) -Understanding the human mind is... always preferable.
-A Minority of One (Free) -I AM MY OWN MASTER.
-Re-Education (0CP) (Discount) -And now... they will be their own master too.
Dice Rolls: Airstrip One, 35 years old

The first one... not gonna lie. I mostly went Noble because I had no bloody clue what to do. I didn't want any of the powers, being an assassin seemed weird... so I figured whatever, go be a high status figure! Go make my land awesome, make the people wealthy! PLZ NO ASSASSIN.

1984... yeah fuck that place. Gonna go all Court of Miracles in this fucking hellhole. Slowly but surely collect people and resources, carve out a place underground, and throw some fucking COLOR into this mess. And music! Fuck Big Brother, he can go fuck himself! I'm gonna go fucking enjoy myself and bring others in on the party!
>>
Do you guys consider a magic immunity perk from either Dresden/Negima to be essential?

I feel like it pretty much should be, with all the bullshit magic it protects against, but I'm having trouble fitting either in my build because there's so much else I want from those jumps.
>>
>>46801222
I invite you open to ram a glass bottle full of pregnant black widow spiders up your colon and sit down. Go on, it will be hilarious.

>>46801263
No.
>>
>>46801222
You are worse than Bancho ever was.
>>
File: Science and Magic.png (490 KB, 679x362) Image search: [Google]
Science and Magic.png
490 KB, 679x362
>>46801263
>>
>>46801263

Not really. Mostly do to the price and the other stuff in those jumps.

Although if your okay with just magic resistance you can get that from Jackie Chan and Ravenloft.
>>
File: confessional.jpg (170 KB, 700x459) Image search: [Google]
confessional.jpg
170 KB, 700x459
>>46801342
>>46801407
Must we now, so long after the fact? Has he not repented? Does he not show true remorse?

Isn't it time for us to let go?
>>
>>46797356
Hmmm interesting start.
I have an interesting feeling this is going to be another one of those jumps where your going to want about 2000+ more points to buy everything you want.

In addition to the power package section, you might consider a skill package section for those who want to be batman or other non powered heroes. Or just have some skills to back up the powers they buy.

I am also hoping for a decent companion import so you can have your own little section of the justice league or legion of doom.

for drawbacks might I suggest that there be a drawback where Cadmus creates a superior clone of you like they did to Super girl in JLU.
>>
>>46801450
Any idea how effective those two and A+ Magic Resistance be compared to the Negima/Dresden ones?
>>
>>46801342
Two years too late to be getting pissy, broheim.

Nobody defended JoJo when it mattered, so now we get to make do with what we have. Anon's been telling the story since then.
>>
>>46801407
No. Bancho jumped on her about the stand supplement the one time when she popped in to say hello ages afterwards. Nobody will EVER be worse than Bancho.
>>
>>46801528
Hahaha, seriously? Wow, I stand corrected then.
>>
>>46801528
That was Bancho?
>>
>>46801528
Fucking.
Tera.
>>
>>46801528
And he was right to do so, it was selfish and horrible of her to leave without saying anything about the supplement.
>>
>>46801263
Eh, eh.

I'm too attached to quick 'n' easy murder to use Dresden magic (especially with how much of my mystical might comes from combining systems), the mortal perks are just not worthwhile by the time I have the courage to do Dresden Files, and I'm not going Changeling or White Court out of principle.

So yeah, it's not essential, but I'm never not going to go for Empty Night.

As for Twilight Imperium, it depends on whether I'm deep enough into science or magic to pick the relevant Gift. If I don't go for those, I'll go for the physical boost, unless I've done Naruto or Bayonetta already and have ridiculous stats going up in the backburner already, in which case it's anti-magic time.
>>
>>46801222
You deserve to die alone.

>>46801580
You, on the other hand, are clearly just baiting.

>>46801454
Quit samefagging
>>
>>46801580
Oh. Great. This'll go well.
>>
>>46801595
>out of principle

Why? They're much better for quick and easy murdeer without driving you psychotic. You have odd principles.
>>
>>46801617
You're still biting the bait.
>>
File: daymn_son.jpg (49 KB, 744x419) Image search: [Google]
daymn_son.jpg
49 KB, 744x419
>>46801528
That's... I don't know what that is. Should I be disappointed, or impressed?
>>
>>46800433
My Elodie was very much corrupted, but i took the cannot be killed thing seriously, so she just offered Togami's crystal to a bunch of random girls till we found a sacrifice.
>>
>>46801617
Oh relax, even I can tell he's just trying to get a rise out of me and the other two anons.
>>
File: sad hugs.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
sad hugs.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>46801580
Anon, please think about what you're saying. I know it must've hurt, but please try thinking about it from her point of view.

You can't let your pain blind you to the situation forever. You have to let go someday.
>>
>>46801595
>I'm too attached to quick 'n' easy murder to use Dresden magic
If you're not stacking anti-corruption perks anyway, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>46801645
>>46801651
Oh. I feel dumb now.

I've seen so much shit that I can't tell what's real shit and what's fake shit anymore.
>>
File: emergency hugs.gif (2 MB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
emergency hugs.gif
2 MB, 600x337
>>46801596
>implying anyone who doesn't want you flinging salt two years after the fact is the same guy

Please, anon. Licking your wounds does nothing if they never heal. Paranoia does you no good.
>>
>>46801660
I am thinking from her point of view, and if I actually cared the least bit about the jump I'd let someone, you know, actually FINISH it.
>>
>>46801698
You can stop now, you know. I mean, you're not even baiting the hooks. That's just insulting.

>>46801694
And you, knock it off or I'll stick an apple in your mouth and roast you.

Goddamn that pig makes me hungry.
>>
>>46801730
What's wrong with hugs, anon?
>>
>>46801622
You're not wrong.

I just don't like the idea of messing with people emotionally, and consumption of sapients in any way.

Also, fuck the fae.

>>46801670
I thought people came to the conclusion that since it's less you're actually being corrupted, more you're doing something with the very culmination of your being and slanting it towards that particular thing, most anti-corruption effects won't do shit?
>>
File: 1456606666010.jpg (85 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1456606666010.jpg
85 KB, 640x512
>>46801225
This on the other hand...

(Tales of Demons and Gods)
-Background: Alchemist (Free) -It's time to be the doctor. I think.
-Soul Realm Cultivation (Free) -Time to make a powerful soul.
-Daoyin Massage Technique (900CP) -Awesome massages and soul healing? YISS.
-Alchemist Memory (Free) -Awesome medicine memory. Yes.
-Acupuncture Artist (700CP) (Discount) -Unlock a person's bodily potential? Increased soul healing? I likey.
-Alchemical Genius (400CP) (Discount) -Increased gains of soul strengthening, soul tempering, and more? I'll TAKE IT.
-Soul's Grace (300CP) -The more powerful the soul, the more beautiful I am. HELL YES.
-Refinement of Beauty (200CP) -The more physically stronger I am, the more beautiful I am... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
-Cultivating Strength (0CP) -The stronger my soul is, the stronger my body is. WHUT.
-Sensei (-600CP) -I can train others to awaken their souls to cultivation? YES PLEASE.
-Spiritual Constallation User (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Glory City, 15 years old

...on one hand, between this and History's Strongest Disciple, I'm pretty sure I'm like the ultimate healing martial artist. Along with a metric shitton of beauty thanks to all the strength and soul energy and the like. This place was like Christmas and it saddens me I couldn't get more.

On the other hand...

>my soul is ALWAYS ON FIRE
>IT'S NOT A GOOD PAIN
>IT'S ACTUALLY OBSCENELY PAINFUL AND I CAN NEVER DULL IT, ALL WHILE I SWEAT MY MAGIC BLOOD OUT
>the pain is every single fucking moment of all 10 years in this jump
>tfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCQuDbdfMx4

Mistakes have been made and for my hubris and greed, pain everlasting is my punishment. I blame my vanity.
>>
>>46801754
I'm pretty sure like a few people said that and everyone else said it would work?
>>
>>46801805
Well, okay then.

Time to get even more mileage out of Re-Birth.
>>
>>46801754
I think the yro one is supposed to work on Dresden Files magic anyway.
>>
>>46801845
Spyro one*
>>
>>46800776
Gironos GER kept its life making abilities.
>>
>>46801496

Not sure. The Ravenloft perk didn't have an example for an upper limit. Although it does say that while stronger spells might get past your resistance even that isn't certain.

It might not cover mental magic, but the jump has a sepeate perk for that. Both of which are discounted for drop ins.

The Jackie Chan perk meanwhile makes magic less effective against you.

>A+ Magic Resistance

Can you actually do that? I'm mostly asking since the jump says it's limited to A, and not sure if that includes the pluses or not.
>>
>>46801966
Val said you can go all the way up to A, she just hasn't gotten around to updating the supplement.
>>
>>46802003
Up to EX, goddammit.
>>
What Universe do you start the DC Jump in?
>>
>>46801754
Pretty sure Card confirmed your interpretation over >>46801805's, though.
>>
Where's a good jump to pick up the ability to teleport myself and objects, that isn't Raildex?
>>
>>46802073
The whole thread got pissed at him though, because his logic was that if you want to kill once without being evil, you're probably a psychopath anyway.
>>
>>46801595

Not sure if this is relevant or not, but there's a chance taking the changeling perks as a mortal might not include the magic corruption.

Wild Card said they were going to check when they got home, but that it was a 'tentatively no'.
>>
>>46802081
X-Men. Omega Teleportation is basically Level 5 Raildex Teleportation.
>>
>>46802127
Thanks!
>>
File: The Fountain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
The Fountain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Okay. I think I've got pretty much everything in place, time for the first critique and condemnation pass of my Fountain Jump.
>>
>>46802101

That argument would be a lot more valid if their was a 'hate them to death' spell like in Harry Potter, or if it was only for intentional killing.

However accidentally killing someone with magic counts as breaking that law.
>>
File: Lowball-final.jpg (153 KB, 432x667) Image search: [Google]
Lowball-final.jpg
153 KB, 432x667
Since I'm going back and forth as I am inspired between tmnt and wildcards I feel like getting something out of the way.

wildcards is a shared superhero novel series edited by George R. R. Martin and many different authors have written in it. As such its has mature elements in it. Nothing will be included in the jump itself. Although can't help but think of a few good drawbacks from the novels, but I'll keep away from anything like that.

Just felt like getting that out there.
>>
>>46802249
>20:00:46
No one cares if the work has "mature elements" (well, km sure someone will, but no one consequential) as long as it isn't the focus of the series and you don't smear it all over the jump.

For what it's worth, Wild Cards sounds really interesting as a setting and I'd like to see a jump of it.
>>
>>46802308
It is. And the power sets are cool if not all that powerful, no one is on Worm level for instance although there are probably a few that could challenge a medium experienced jumper.
>>
While I wait for feedback on The Fountain, which Jump should I work on next? So far I've got votes for: Circle of Magic, M*A*S*H, WWI, Katamari, Lost Girl, Dragon's Breath, Les Mis, Jak & Daxter, and Strawberry Panic.

I've also proposed Elantris, Ender's Game, The Rift War, Dragon Quest / Dragon Warriors, Chronicles of Riddick, Wild Arms, FRIENDS, Xenogears / Xenosaga, WWII, The Civil War, In Death, and Agatha Christie if anyone is interested in any of them.
>>
>>46802149
Though I'm uncertain about some of the Trappings, I like the Enlightenments and the whole multiple lives deal.

I really do.

But god.

I fucking hate weird time shit. So much.
>>
>>46802442
Isn't there an agoraphobic telekinetic that can toss battleships?
>>
File: 1429156697102.png (2 MB, 1280x1347) Image search: [Google]
1429156697102.png
2 MB, 1280x1347
>>46801493
Th-thanks hopefully I can keep up such a feeling as the jump reaches its final stages.
And you're ok with the power packages?

Skill Packages? I was going to make such packages kinda like perks.

Any other power packages or minor powers to put in? I might need some suggestions as I'm running out of decent ideas.

>>46802249
Wasn't Wildcard working on that jump?
Is it the TMNT 2012? Damn I was hoping 2004 series if that was the case.
>>
>>46802101
Not the whole thread, just a couple of anons. Anyway, I favor the "Anti-Corruption Perks don't apply" approach because of how important the issue of magic as defining yourself is. It's repeatedly mentioned in the books that magic is a reflection of your soul; to use magic you have to believe in it. But since the only Anti-Corruption perk in the Dresden Files is the Blackstaff, and we have no idea how it works, you're within your rights to interpret it how you want.

>>46802107
Would you believe I forgot about that? Anyway, I checked the rules, and they say it's up to the GM how they want to handle it. They actually suggest making it a plot point if that's the kind of game you want to run.

So I'm going with "No, it only applies if you're mixing it with Mortal Spellcasting." Like I said, they have their own side effects.
>>
File: OUAT2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
OUAT2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
So, on the off chance that I haven't missed a glaringly obvious problem with it, I'm about to upload the OUAT jump to the drive. Any finals questions/concerns/comments?

Changelog:
>Option to buy location
>Removed blood scaling from Squid Ink
>Added a few notes
>>
>>46802249
>wildcards

Wikipedia makes look interesting.
Could you explain why it's illegal to mentally stress Suicide Kings? Is it because they'll probably die, or because they'll blow up a city, or what?
>>
>>46802490
yeah he is pretty much top tier. The power varies considerably even among the so called top tier though.

He also submerged rikers island as well.
>>
>>46802149
>Cloud Atlas the jump

Alright, lets do this
>Energy state
>Reincarnation
>Reincarnation changes personality
NO

>Seed of the tree of life
Seems under-priced for what it can do

>Biosphere
Way under-priced for what it is
I was here yesterday, I saw that faggotry and I know what you want to do.
>>
>>46802494
>>46802534

Wild Card are you planning a wildcards jump?
>>
>>46802586
Nope. Never read the series; picked this name when I was doing Fallout, and the fact that it aligned well with Persona was a happy coincidence.
>>
>>46802474
Seconding M*A*S*H
Also Lost Girl, even though ?I haven't been following it lately.
>>
>>46802494
Yes its 2012, if no one calls 2004 I may do it later, but honestly I thought too many people like that one and may cause some consternation.
>>
>>46802586
Placing my bet now that at least one person asks him about the Wild Cards jump in the future.
>>
>>46802474
>>46802619
>M.A.S.H.
>Lost Girl
Never heard of either of them. What are they about?
>>
>>46802474
Ayo, gimme some of that Agatha.

The two detective jumps we've got are great, and there's plenty of it all over the chain, but I've always wanted a proper mystery jump.
>>
>>46802534

How corrupting is accidentally breaking one of the laws anyway?

>So I'm going with "No, it only applies if you're mixing it with Mortal Spellcasting." Like I said, they have their own side effects.

Just checking just incase. Do you mean having both, or using both together?

I originally asked about mortals with changeling magic, but well this current answer could also apply to changeling with mortal magic (although considering that would basically just be necromancy it's probably not that much of an issue).
>>
>>46802577
When you enter a world where you aren't a drop in, you assume a persona with it's own memories and personality native to the setting. That's established. It doesn't overwrite your basic persona, but does affect it, or at least it should. If you use the Energy State, you're essentially casting off that world specific overlay and assuming another one.

How much would you recommend for the Seed? It doesn't do any of those things on its own. All of them require work / effort / know how.

The Biosphere costs 800 CP total. It's not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. And aside from giving you libensraum, I don't see how it's particularly game breaking. Its essentially a huge terrarium.
>>
>>46802555
Yes, in fact one Suicide King expressed an healing glow Ace that was feared to be able to get so hot as to ignite the atmosphere if his father Fortunato hadn't sacrificed himself to remove the virus.

When you express the virus you are most likely getting a black queen, which means you die horribly and possible go out explosively.
>>
>>46802690
M.A.S.H. is an old-ish show about a Korean War era group of army surgeons and nurses and associated...dudes. DESU, I can't tell you much more then that, as all I remember about it is that there's a nerdy little prick named Radar and a guy named Hawkeye.

Lost Girl is a SyFy series about a succubus who acts a private detective (or something) for the Fae. And there are werewolves and vampires and other mythological creatures.
>>
>>46802550
Looks good to me. Thankyou for the jump!
>>
>>46802149
>Borrowed Seconds
So unless I'm wrong, this is similar to Bravely Second but without a cap on the amount of time you can build up and the ability to extend abilities durations in exchange for speed of build up?
>All Together Now
Is there a way to reverse the effect, or are you altered forever?
>A Fountain Pen
Are there any limitations on how sharp it can get?
>>
>>46802474
Aren't MASH and FRIENDS covered by the sitcom jump?
Also an Ender's Game jump that lets us be a planet-wide hivemind would be cool
>>
>>46802758
>How much would you recommend for the Seed? It doesn't do any of those things on its own. All of them require work / effort / know how.
>The Biosphere costs 800 CP total. It's not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. And aside from giving you libensraum, I don't see how it's particularly game breaking. Its essentially a huge terrarium.

The thing is there are other ways to expand your living space, and your trying to back door in your supplement via this jump which is a thing we frown upon even more than supplements, everyone was awful mad at me when I tried to back door in my psychological mod supplement to the original animal crossing.
>>
>>46802774
They both sound pretty interesting. What kind of succubus are we talking about, the buxom nymphomaniac type or the soul sucking seductress/temptress one?
>>
>>46802690
>>46802774
Essentially, yeah. MASH is an army hospital 15 kilometers behind the line of battle in the Korean war. it's a dramatic comedy, full of pranks, hijinks, silliness, and genuine pathos. Also lots of tragedy. While it was set in Korea, it was really a condemnation of the Vietnam War.

Lost Girl is what Changling the Lost could have been if it didn't suck hot donkey jizz.
>>
>>46802836
Yes.

I'll be honest, I mainly watched it for her human sidekick and the hot doctor.
>>
>>46802774
don't talk smack about radar, he's psychic as all hell and gets shit done, Plus he's pretty bro in the later seasons. But >>46802811
is right it is covered by the sitcom jump, granted almost all sitcoms are covered by the sitcom jump.
>>
>>46802878
Oh, okay-
>That last bit
...should I fetch my umbrella.
>>46802886
Fair enough, though someone out sexying a succubus is hilarious.
>>
>>46802804
>>>46802149 (You)
>>Borrowed Seconds
>So unless I'm wrong, this is similar to Bravely Second but without a cap on the amount of time you can build up and the ability to extend abilities durations in exchange for speed of build up?
it's 12 seconds a year. Even over 100 jumps, that's 20 minutes if you never ever use it. Is it really that big a worry if it doesn't have a cap?
>>All Together Now
>Is there a way to reverse the effect, or are you altered forever?
I'd think it was permanent, but each new personality overlay would be a choice made by the gestalt. The Gestalt becomes you. You become Legion.
>>A Fountain Pen
>Are there any limitations on how sharp it can get?
I'm not sure how I'd quantify that.
>>
>>46802878
I'm gonna assume you got :the Lost mixed up with :the Dreaming in that last sentence.

While I dislike the former, I can't call it bad without lying.
>>
>>46802690
> Never heard of MASH

Basically alcoholic doctors in the Korean War who get up to shenanigans and occasionally very depressing episodes. Also Alan Alda sticks 70s Vietnam sentiment in the 50s.

And the most depressing theme song of all time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

I watched every episode of the series, and it is definitely one of my favorites. One of the first television shows to really make emotional punches and kill of a main character. Highly recommend.
>>
>>46802836
The ass kicking kind. She's a soul sucker, but not a vamp.
>>46802820
Perhaps, but a biosphere fits the motifs of The Fountain, and is an iconic part of the setting. I get that there are other ways to expand the living space, but few of them offer any worldbuilding, which is important to a lot of people, and all of them are a) fairly narcissistic even for a CYOA and b) there should be multiple paths to achieve your end goals. It shouldn't boil down to "Oh, I want a pool, I guess I have to do Sims 3". I'm playing by the rules. You want something, you earn it. No freebees. You give up other things to get what you want.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.