[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>What is Exalted? An epic high-flying role-playing game a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>Another Character Sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

It's finally out edition.
>>
Have you ever used non-hostile dragonblooded? And if so how?
>>
>>46789107
> Have you ever used non-hostile dragonblooded?

This question smells of borderline bait. Have you ever used non-hostile elves?

But yes. I've had non-Immaculate-Faith dragonblooded of several sorts, and from the Realm and nominally believing in the Immaculate Faith, there were still:
drunken tourist dragonblooded who didn't want to start shit, merely enjoying the weird outland scenery
city-ruling dragonblooded who just taxed the solar craftsman and sat back to enjoy the flood of money and pretend nothing was wrong (and that tax was frankly a gouge by local standards, but the Solar was happy to pay it and not have trouble)
captive dragonblooded who were willing to rethink things on the grounds of having been rescued from deathlord by solar
mercenary dragonblooded who salved their conscience by telling themselves that they weren't really working with the Anathema for pay, oh no, they were taking the Anathema's money to spy on the Anathema, which is totally fine amirite
>>
>>46789107
She was the token friendly lost egg. She managed an inn in semi-hiding, and not cared about anything but her inn and living a relatively peaceful life.

She was mostly here to barge into the PCs troublemakers and throw some elemental essence around, but then my players liked her, and I gave her a name (Sesse Anja), a backstory, and I kept her around for the campaign.

Even in 2e, not all DBs are murderous haterage killmurders, and I wanted to give this sense to my players.
>>
So, anyone use animating intelligences in their games?
>>
>>46789094
>It's finally out edition.
Where's it out? Onyx Path site still says "coming soon". Not seeing the book on Amazon or DriveThruRPG.

>>46789339
>So, anyone use animating intelligences in their games?
Not me. I've had the occasional intelligent manse guardian, but animating intelligences just don't seem to fit the aesthetic.
>>
>>46789763
It comes out today.
>>
>>46790105
They've still got time to fuck it up, then. Or for the site it's going to be sold on to get hacked by a very determined Ashton Kutcher.
>>
>>46790667
After 3 years, the site just says Punk'd.
>>
>>46790708

Glorious.
>>
>>46789107
Our group's on kind of friendly terms with a Dragon-blooded. Or at least my character would say so, the other characters think he's retarded and 'She tried to kill you at least once'.

She's mostly come across as someone bound by duty but who isn't going to get a lot of soldiers killed against a Solar she isn't sure is actually evil, when the Satrapies have been left defenseless.
>>
So Rich says the book is probably going up between 3pm-6pm Eastern Time. I'm more impatient the closer it gets.
>>
>>46791199
>Inb4 gets posted at 6:03 PM EST
>Ritual burning of effigies of Holden has already begun
>>
Daily reminder that Anju x Truth is best ship.
>>
>>46791647
I'm not sure that's something we need daily reminders for.
>>
Discounted backer link for PoD.
Wish I'd found out about the kickstarter in time.
>>
>>46784683
>Image
Why would someone give their Exalt an Intimacy for styling his hair? Especially when the style he finally settled on is utter crap and makes him look like a complete tool.
>>
>>46791785
Because they hate themselves?

Is Cider a thing in Creation or would I've to be content with the colonies' shitty hard cider crap?
>>
>>46792130
https://ericminton.wordpress.com/2014/06/21/exalted-alcoholic-beverages-in-creation/
https://ericminton.wordpress.com/2014/07/13/exalted-non-alcoholic-beverages-in-creation/
>>
>>46791725
What's crazy to me is the cost of them with the discount, makes me REAL concerned about how expensive they'll be normally.
>>
Can Seven Shadow Evasion be used at any point throughout attack resolution, or does it have to be declared before the opponents attack roll?
>>
>>46792588
All charms have to be declared before dice are rolled unless they explicitly say otherwise.
>>
So it's probably too late to suggest that the three types of Command Actions should be named "Order","Rally" and "Regroup" instead of the incredibly stupid "Rally For Numbers".

I have trouble getting my players to remember they can make gambits ffs, you expect them to remember two different Command Actions with the same name?
>>
>>46792932
You had three years in one of the most heavily delayed Kickstarters of all time to suggest that.
>>
>>46793033
INORITE

Why in the name of fuck did it take me until today to work this out

Now I'm just gonna have to shitpost it everywhere until everyone hates me. Y'know, the Jon Chung method.
>>
>>46792549
It's a big flippin' book.
>>
>>46789094

This book has been in development for so long, delayed for so long, that I don't feel anything but sheer apathy where I should feel excited.

I'm not rushing to download it, I'm just kinda meh over the game, maybe it's because better games have come out since then, maybe because i'm still feeling bitterness over how, as bad as 1st edition shit the bed, it was leaps and bounds better mechanically that 2e, or even how 2.5e came to little to late.

I don't know, I can't get excited for this one.
>>
>>46793297

Well its not like we are getting anything today anyway. Its just grammar and art fixes.
>>
>>46793464
Didn't they say they were adding some errata to some charms?
>>
>>46793485
Yeah. Word came down that 8000 words of fluff per Charm wasn't obfuscation enough, so the devs have added in some even less readable fonts and thrown actual faeces at the page.
>>
File: ClosedEyesPriestess.png (2 MB, 682x962) Image search: [Google]
ClosedEyesPriestess.png
2 MB, 682x962
>>46793297

This. They blew it, bigtime, with everything. They killed all their own hype, made what should be a celebration just another "Oh, it's out? Whatever".

Death of 3e announcement after abysmal sales coming in the next 4 months.
>>
>>46793485

Probably. But I would not really get too excited about some minor fixes.

Maybe if we got the backer charms I could get excited but this is just a finality so work can start on other books.
>>
>>46791647
I don't know, my favorite ship from our games is actually in the game I'm running. The ST that ran the CORRUPTION session which gave birth to truth is playing a Shonen protag dawn caste named Hadariel who I ship hard with an NPC nicknamed Trash Waifu.
>>
>>46793594
>but this is just a finality so work can start on other books
This kind of makes me excited, actually. The new Dragon-Blooded book has been what I really, really want pretty much since 3E was announced, and now I feel like I can actually start to look forwards to it.
>>
>>46793768
admittedly, we did get her to join our party by having hadarial and the 5 appearance zenith have a shirtless wrestling match
>>
File: onyx path typesetting.png (115 KB, 655x459) Image search: [Google]
onyx path typesetting.png
115 KB, 655x459
>>46793538
>so the devs have added in some even less readable fonts

Case in point: Consider here the selective serifing of some letters and not others, 'W' is exact inverse of 'M', both of which have been curvified, capital 'A' looks like the lovechild of h and d having a threesome with greek lambda, 'r' is stemless, as is 'n', lowercase 's' dips below line, both forms of 'S' are straightened until they look like integral signs, 't' has an upper half-serif that looks like a right-bar making it bleed over towards 'f' or 'E', 'd' looks like an overcurled 'J', 'Y' cannot decide whether it's uppercase, lowercase, or derived from the hieroglyph of a goblet, 'g' has to be inferred from context because that symbol drawn in its place is bloody well a 'q', 'h' looks like it's been into Tolkien's Tengwar, and the only letters to escape more or less intact appear to be 'o', 'e' and 'f'. I guess some of those will perhaps be made terrible by the latest update.

Elsewhere, as in Chapter Four:Traits, capital 'T' and lowercase 'i' both curve right at the base to look like mirrored 'J' or 'j'.

It all screams artsy pretentious faggot who can't leave well enough alone, but has to make his mark by distorting letters that were doing fine on their own. The sort who takes the Anna Karenina approach to being original: "all good fonts are alike, each shitty font is shitty in its own unique way". --With apologies to Tolstoy

(Or maybe this could just be a giant honeypot to tell who's been leaking by giving each backer their own unique shitty font and then looking at the leaks "aha, it's PDF #59435 that looks like this!")
>>
>>46793948
That is still readable. Ideal? No. Still something that can be read with no problems.
>>
How different is the new PDF from the Backer one from a few months ago?
>>
>>46794265
No-one's seen it yet due to Ashtonery.
>>
>>46794371
After posting I saw the above where it said it was going out between 3-6pm; i.e. next month.
>>
File: 2013815124324822734_20.jpg (33 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
2013815124324822734_20.jpg
33 KB, 800x450
>>46791785
Maybe it's high-concept hair, like that guy who got shaved by the Taliban. It's not about everyday style, it's about making a statement.
>>
PDF UPDATED!!!
>>
Final PDF has hit!
>>
>>46794499

Uso
>>
Someone help a non-backer out here?

I want to see what changed
>>
File: ThisIsAllISeeInThatFont.jpg (27 KB, 543x203) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsAllISeeInThatFont.jpg
27 KB, 543x203
>>46793948
>>
>>46794585
/tg/ - keeping to the important issues
>>
Okay, what are some changes that we were hoping for?
>>
>>46794720
They finally, actually fix Carft and remove xp/bp divide?
>>
>>46793948
Pretentious nonsense or possibly clever-ish trap?

Given the people we're talking about here, it's the former.
>>
>>46793552

I mean it is disappointing, and I know that a 3e failure would probably doom the company itself, which in of itself is not a bad thing, would mean we'd never see Scion 2e.

This whole edition so far, outside of some good mechanical idea's has been a drawn wagon overstocked with mediocre, pulled by a single horse of failure named Holden.
>>
File: smug.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
smug.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>46788741
>Not well though
Do you mean "cognizant is not a word that I, with my third grade reading ability, am immediately familiar with?" Indeed.

If I were interested in writing persuasively here on 4chan (lol) I would use smaller words like "aware" or "know," but I really don't give a shit if you change your mind. I'm just providing people who may not be idiots the information they need to make good decisions.
>>
>>46794763
>I mean it is disappointing, and I know that a 3e failure would probably doom the company itself, which in of itself is not a bad thing, would mean we'd never see Scion 2e.
But 3e is already a failure. Why do you think they have to sell it before they deliver to backers?
>>
>>46794832

I feel like I'm missing your point, they have been handing off versions of it to backers for a while now in the beta form.
>>
>>46794832
Because that was the plan all along? I mean, the super giga deluxe version or whatever was never supposed to be sent to backers before the PDF went on sale.
>>
>>46794851
>>46794860
No, that became the plan. Originally the only people who would be waiting would be the ones who ordered the gold-pressed leaf book.

Now all backers are basically screwed because the project is in the red.
>>
aww yeah. pdf link here when?
>>
File: 1458322798583.png (284 KB, 600x950) Image search: [Google]
1458322798583.png
284 KB, 600x950
>>46794807
>>
>>46794996
each time you ask that, I delay it by 2 hours. Muhahahaha
>>
>>46794983

Yeah I hear you, and I'm sure the RPGnet is masturbating itself to completion over this launch, because Holden is the god of their safe space

But everywhere else I'm looking at, this launch has had all the gravitas of a wet fart.
>>
I wonder what the difference the updated pdf has...
>remembers that the last Monday meeting notes talked about "backer charms"
>checks Kickstarter, counts
wait, really? Fifty one extra solar charms? I am not miscounting, am I? Wonder if some other cut content goes into that backer charm book....
>>
>>46795025
>I'm sure the RPGnet is masturbating itself to completion over this launch, because Holden is the god of their safe space
RPG.net is very down on it too, actually, even with Mengtzu working overtime to gin up interest. For backers the game has been out long enough that their reaction is "meh, when do I get my book?" and for everyone else it's "the people playing it feel it's meh, so...meh"

>But everywhere else I'm looking at, this launch has had all the gravitas of a wet fart.
It's being laughed about in many places. Rich Thomas is a punchline now.

"What do you get when you take a product with a lot of really interested fans, kickstart a ton of money, and then don't deliver for four years?"

"What?"

"Rich."
>>
Where's the new PDF?
>>
>>46795147

Please show me examples of RPGnet shitting on it kind sir, I'm at home with a stomach bug and I could use a smile right now.

(Seriously though the combat mechanics feel nice, crafting XP can fuck a post, but considering what I saw a group do with 2e crafting, it might be for the best)
>>
I am enthusiastic about it. Though I have been playing it and will most likely support it further.
Because, well, my campaigns lasts for years anyway, if I'll burn through another campaign before I get the stuff I want I don't mind that much. Most likely because my exalted campaign is nearing it's end and then I'm starting a Shadowrun or superhero campaign. Not like I'm in a hurry. I'm glad it got out and glad it's playable.
>>
>>46794807
Source?
>>
>>46795147
Of course rpg.net are down on it. Since when did they have anything resembling taste?
>>
They pretty much fixed or replaced all the art pieces I disliked.
>>
>>46795371
Oh, I like that. It's... dirty.
>>
>>46795379
>dirty.
as in lewd?
>>
>>46795341
They don't seem down on it...

>>46793552
Having it leak two years ago killed the hype. Nobody's gonna be excited for art replacements and rule corrections, nigga.
>>
>>46795147
I guess the leak is a big issue there. Rather than have everyone interested get hold of the new material at the same time, we all read the pdf when we heard it was available. I remember when I saw these threads touting the original leak and being very excited about it, but I couldn't really share that with a group.

Of course, Exalted hasn't had a large fanbase before now, so it's not as if I was likely to meet another Exalted fan in person.

>>46795253
I too am enthusiastic about it. I plan to buy the book, and hope that other people will as well; increases the chances of getting more books. Also, until they make a tablet PC that can read pdfs worth a damn I'm still going to want a physical book at the gaming table.

>>46795371
Zero surprise. Honestly, they could have saved themselves a lot of mockery if they'd just plastered PLACEHOLDER ART over the obviously unfinished stuff. They had to know that CG Chompy wasn't going in the final book.
>>
Much better art, in general
>>
>>46795408
>>46795422

If the game dies off young, they will instandly blame the leak, not that it took 4 fucking years to even get a fucntional pdf out.

Christ only knows when any other books will be out, I'm betting at least a year between source books, and 2 years wait time per splat at this rate.
>>
>>46795448
>>
>>46795408

The leak made me more hype. If it wasn't for it I'd moved onto other systems.
>>
So now that the game is officially out, who wants to celebrate by starting a new group?
>>
>>46795467
The leak is what saved my interest in the game, it coming out as it is now is just a formality though.

More revised art
>>
>>46795473

Dante?
>>
File: tumblr_neos1oNBGw1u2jwz9o1_1280.png (317 KB, 1280x407) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neos1oNBGw1u2jwz9o1_1280.png
317 KB, 1280x407
>>46795467
>If the game dies off young, they will instandly blame the leak, not that it took 4 fucking years to even get a fucntional pdf out.
Ugh, I know. Funny as hell, the leak's what got me into Exalted.
>>
>>46795495

>6 days on 6 days off job

I want to kill myself...
>>
Is this piece new? I think I'd have remembered if it was in the original, pretty nice.
>>
>>46795505
>>46795520

Oh same here, I couldn't give two shits about exalted after the cluster fuck of second edition, but the leak at least got me looking at it.

Holden cried a fucking river of it but fuck that guy.
>>
>>46795505
>>46795473
>>46795448
This is good. a huge improvement.
>>
>>46795318
Not a clue, sorry. >>>/a/ probably knows.

>>46795537
Yeah it looks like Rich went out and commissioned some new pieces, probably part of what flatlined the budget.
>>
File: 1390444376370.jpg (89 KB, 570x273) Image search: [Google]
1390444376370.jpg
89 KB, 570x273
I started my game just a month ago, having given up on waiting for the book. Surely now that I'll have a physical copy, my players will actually read the fucking book. Right?
>>
Thank fuck, the index is actually useful.
>>
>>46795537

That was in Integrity I believe
>>
>>46795537

That was definitely in the backer PDF.
>>
>Design Beyond Limit STILL references Emerald, Sapphire, and Adamant Evocations
>>
>>46795567
Did they fix the weird censorship on the empress?
>>
Is the pdf bookmarked?
>>
>>46795580
Oh, there's been zero rules revisions or corrections. But the layout was actually finished.
>>
The leak is practically Satan to some of the devs, responsible for all bad things. For example:

> You know what the leak did? Well, first, it shrunk the pool of people we knew we could trust dramatically and it ensured the game got less playtesting than we’d planned on.

> The leak robbed me of the ability to control the pacing of my supplement cycle

> We ran the Kickstarter on faith in the product rather than putting all cards on the table because we’ve got a bigger concern in mind than just the performance of the corebook– we have every book that comes after it to worry about, and all the leak did was make our job harder for the next year, because we have to build momentum from a cold start rather than using the release-cycle acceleration as we designed it to work all this time. So the leak is maybe good for you, today, but it made production harder for the last year and it will continue to make it harder for the year to come, and what that ultimately translates to is worse products which take a longer amount of time to make.
>>
>>46795588
Yes

>>46795596
Mists of Eventide was changed
>>
>>46795581
Nope
>>
>>46795473
Is that an old lady with a giant hammer?

yes plz
>>
New Lunar pic
>>
>>46795588

Yes. Not perfectly (Dreaming Pearl Courtesan doesn't get its own bookmark), but it does have them.
>>
>>46794763
...Are you that prick that was whining at Neall on the Scion boards because the system resembles something coherent now and isn't Exalted 2.75 redux anymore?
>>
File: 1460531824243.gif (1 MB, 478x360) Image search: [Google]
1460531824243.gif
1 MB, 478x360
>>46795608
>>
>>46795596
There have been a few rules changes and corrections.
>>
>>46795505
Exalted Honey Badgers; the reason why indestructible codpieces are a thing.
>>
>>46795613
I'm pretty sure that (or something very similiar) was in the backer pdf.
>>
This is a rival for scared-bear imo (scared-bear is still present in the book too)
>>
>>46795641
Dude thats a skunk.
>>
>>46795643
Sorry, my memory is failing me, it seems.
>>
>>46795670
Well yeah, they can't just remove the best piece of artwork in the entire book.
>>
>>46795640
Any examples?
>>
>>46795672
How was I supposed to know that? It /looked/ like a honey badger.
>>
>>46795670
Scared Bear is best pic, don't you be dissin' the bear.
>>
>>46795672
It's a LUNAR skunk, no less.

Here is the changed Kejak piece.
>>
>>46795495
I do!
>>
>>46795721
Kejak's face there makes me feel like he's receiving sexual gratification from his plots coming to fruition.
>>
>>46795710
From Holden on rpg.net:

"Made a post about this on the OPP forums a while back-- I am having no luck digging it up, maybe someone has it archived? Short version, there's a (very small but rather impactful) patch to the Sail rules, Charm timing and type-use is clearer, lot of typos fixed, versioning artifacts cleaned out (Evocation XP costs actually make sense now, which is nice...), there were a very few Charms that got clarifications or balance nudges, and if there was artwork you really hated, it has probably been replaced. Fogshark is no longer devouring text, nor are southern dune tribes stealing big swathes of it. Mists of Eventide got bapped with the nerf bat a bit. Couple Craft Charms vanished. Different table of contents. Lotta little things, nothing revolutionary. The most immediately noticeable thing will be the art swaps."
>>
>>46795734
Then it's an accurate depiction.
>>
>>46795747
What about Fate Shifting Solar Arete? Have they changed the wording for the Reflexive type? Has Martial Arts and Other Abilities been clarified?
>>
>>46795601

All of this is, of course, complete and total bullshit.
>>
File: Exalted.jpg (80 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
Exalted.jpg
80 KB, 600x750
>>46795670
Fuck yes.
>>
>>46795495
I'll try to celebrate by working on that Alchemical smut I linked a few threads back.
>>
File: AndJustLikeTheArtThatsTerrible.jpg (72 KB, 640x326) Image search: [Google]
AndJustLikeTheArtThatsTerrible.jpg
72 KB, 640x326
>>46795371
>>46795371
>>
>>46795764
No idea, am at work so right now I'm just linking some screenshots and getting back to my powerpoint presentation.
>>
>>46794763

Fuck no, I wouldn't touch the official boards if someone had a tazer to my balls threading to zap me till blood came out if I didn't.
>>
File: 1457824880147.png (291 KB, 557x459) Image search: [Google]
1457824880147.png
291 KB, 557x459
>>46795779
Whatwhatwhatwhat
>>
>>46795801

was meant for >>46795628

My bad, but seriously, not even with a tazer to my dick.
>>
>>46795719
Scared bear is best bear
>>
File: high impact exalted violence.png (234 KB, 476x493) Image search: [Google]
high impact exalted violence.png
234 KB, 476x493
>>46795837
>>
>>46795779
>Alchemical smut
Sex charm modules? It's a shame the Glorious Dividing Spear isn't a thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHSAf8Zw6oQ
>>
>>46795818
some wordporn I put on pastebin
>>
So is anyone going to upload it?
>>
>>46795849
>>46795818

here http://pastebin.com/wHfiNC3G
>>
>>46795874
Dewatermarking takes a moment
>>
>>46795890
Did they watermark it?
>>
File: Forest.png (1 MB, 1017x651) Image search: [Google]
Forest.png
1 MB, 1017x651
Oh shit, that skunk was supposed to be a Lunar?

Well now that scene's not nearly as funny
>>
>>46795897

Did you really think they wouldn't?
>>
File: sharkdad.jpg (478 KB, 1700x2200) Image search: [Google]
sharkdad.jpg
478 KB, 1700x2200
>>46795845
Scared Bear and Shark Dad are probably the two best things to come out of Exalted.
>>
>>46795910
CofD don't

Why did we get stuck with all the shit OPP devs
>>
>>46795897
Designing?
Whatever you call that thing where they put your info in the PDFs
>>
>>46795937
Watermarking / Tying a PDF to a customer
>>
>>46795897
Why wouldn't they?
>>
>>46795924
Are watermarks a dev decision?
>>
>>46796002
Must be otherwise both sides would do it surely?
>>
The chakrams are still traced art! EVERYTHING IS SHIT!
>>
>>46795924
I thought watermarking was standard for everything.

It certainly was for Fantasy Flight products.
>>
>>46795924
Why are you acting like watermarks are Satan?
>>
>>46796010
>>46795972
>>46796002

Well lets see, if they had a major leak, and the backer PDF got leaked as well, wouldn't you want to lock that shit town tighter than the anus of a virgin in prison?
>>
>>46795610
Elder DB. If she shows her age she's probably very, very old, and if she is old, she's probably very, very dangerous.

She's again not-Dante the Abyssal.
>>
>there are people in this thread who gave money for this shit show

I expected better of you /tg/
>>
>>46796056
If you don't like Ex3 you probably don't like any edition of Exalted which makes me wonder why you're even here.
>>
File: Ex3TwilightAnima.gif (440 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Ex3TwilightAnima.gif
440 KB, 400x225
>>46796056
I'm pretty happy with the game though.
>>
>>46796031
The chakram is fucking Tira's weapon from Soul Calibur.
>>
>Mists of Eventide

R.I.P. spell, nobody's ever going to use this shit now
>>
>>46796046
>Well lets see, if they had a major leak, and the backer PDF got leaked as well, wouldn't you want to lock that shit town tighter than the anus of a virgin in prison?
not if it has no chance at all of stopping piracy
>>
>>46795581
What censorship now?
>>
>>46796090
What's the change?
>>
kek, they're already realising they fucked up:

Holden:
>Hell almighty. That should be cut. I have no idea how that fix got reverted out (this project labors under a curse, that's how). We'll have to do errata for it presently.

>Thanks for pointing it out.

Watch them delay the entire thing for a week again as new PoD proofs are ordered
>>
>>46796098
The artwork of the empress on her throne is from 2e I believe. Except they painted over a section where she was showing her legs.

Which is doubly weird because the Empress has always used all tools, including sex, to get what she wants.
>>
>>46796098
The Empress showed some leg in an earlier version of an art piece, SJWs complained so they awkwardly covered up the exposed leg with her dress.
>>
>>46796098
Painted over her knee in the Exigent / throne pic

And no
>>
>>46796109
You have to pay 1wp to control someone, rather than having them fall unconscious. It's still super-powerful IMO.
>>
>>46796091

No but it will dissuade people from casualty sending copies to friends they don't trust not to media file it.

Not everyone comes here for the DE-watermarked copy, hell not everyone even knows you can get a DE-watermakred copy here eventually.
>>
>>46796113
Huh? What's he talking about?
>>
>>46796114
B-b-b-but it's PROBLEMATIC
>>
>>46796138
I don't know why anyone would whine about that. Guy in my group has taken it just for the knock-out poison effect.
>>
>>46796147
One of the Craft charms was supposed to have been cut but wasn't, interacts with Evocation tiers.
>>
>>46796147

The fact he never cared about Craft or thought anybody would notice that he ignored fixing the Craft tree because he thought he did such a good job fucking it that nobody would bother with Craft.
>>
>>46796114
>The artwork of the empress on her throne is from 2e I believe. Except they painted over a section where she was showing her legs.
Nah, the art is a copy of a art piece from 2e (and a shitty copy at that).
And for some reason they decided her showing her deformed naked leg was what made it bad and painted it red.

>>46796114
>Which is doubly weird because the Empress has always used all tools, including sex, to get what she wants.
Not really, only canonical examples of the Empress fucking around is because she wants to or needs kids, not as "tool".
>>
>>46796179

ok holden
>>
>>46796114
Well, going by 2e's End Time lore, she can mind-control all her direct descendant, is pointedly aware of that fact, an tried to tie all the DBs alive to her bloodline one way or another in case she would need to suddenly mind-control her empire.

Which is (imo):
1: Awesome.
2: Make an average sense as Exalted goes.
3: Awesome.
4: Triggered a huge number of SJWs and circlejerks.
>>
>>46796175
>Fixed a problem but the fix reverted
>Actually removed the other problem charms from the same tree
>This translates in some people's minds as 'Holden doesn't give a fuck'
Because only shitheads make mistakes.
>>
>>46796188
>implying Holden would admit the art is shit
>>
>>46796179
>And for some reason they decided her showing her deformed naked leg was what made it bad and painted it red.

That's what most of the complaints were about though. That the devs were being misogynistic by having her show her leg.

After the Abyssals preview they'd probably not want more bitching.
>>
>>46796179
Well if she "needs" kids then I'd imagine she has some purpose for them. Almost as if she were using them for her own purpose.
One might even say like a tool.
>>
>>46796205
>That's what most of the complaints were about though.
There were a lot of complaints about basically everything in that picture.
And the naked leg was by far the least issue, just the only one they could pretend to do something about.
>>
>>46796219
That makes the kids the tool and not the sex though?
>>
>>46796225
I remember people talking about it in the KS preview, and the loudest and most vocal were the ones saying "why is she displaying her leg like that, she's supposed to be an austere figure REEEEE"
>>
>>46796240

Sex is a tool used to form babby.

Therefore Craftsman has no need of sex. Just form babby.
>>
>>46796225
Given that they outright replaced all the worst pieces, I don't think they'd need to pretend to do something.
>>
>>46796256
I mean she is a sorceress, she could just use Neomahs.
gets better exaltation chance too.
>>
>>46796256
Flawless logic.
>>
>>46796256
To be fair its Creation, there are a lot of ways to form babies without sex.
>>
>>46795764
Can anyone else answer this?
>>
>>46796261
That was long before the debacle that forced the replacements.

>>46796245
>supposed to be an austere figure
Honestly why they decided on the blow-up-doll artwork for her in that one instead of the original one I dunno either. its ugly as shit.
>>
>>46795318
Hyouka
>>
>>46796330
They chanhged Arete to
> This Charm enhances any kind
of action that is not part of an extended roll
>>
>>46796421
Seriously? Is the Essence 4 repurchase still there?
>>
File: 1458344514497.png (40 KB, 373x318) Image search: [Google]
1458344514497.png
40 KB, 373x318
>>46796360
Sweet soul brotha, thanks
>>
>>46796461
Its otherwise unchanged.
>>
Is anybody here actively de-watermarking?
>>
>>46796495
Well that's terrible. It's still retardedly good, even if you can't game Craft or Workings with it anymore.
>>
Does Increasing Strength Exercise increase your dice cap, or do those extra dots of Strength count as 'charm dice'?
>>
>>46796198

That sounds retarded. Is that from that shitty RotS adventure module that everyone ignores because it's so non-canon it's disgusting?
>>
>>46796651
All dice from a charm count as charm dice unless explicitly stated.
>>
>>46796205
>>46796225

Whoever was bitching obviously never played Exalted. Christ, there was a picture of a whore sexing up a Lookshy soldier with a beer in his hands in one of the books in 1e.
>>
>>46796670
Yes.
>>
>>46796670
Yep, thats why he tried to phrase it as "end-times" lore, because otherwise he'd have to say non-canon alt.universe adventure book. Which is what it really was.

>>46796699
>Christ, there was a picture of a whore sexing up a Lookshy soldier with a beer in his hands in one of the books in 1e.
While I agree that the complaint about the shown leg was silly, I have no idea what you think this idea has to do with the Empress.
>>
>>46796684
Right, some might argue that 'it doesnt add dice, it increases your strength, which increases increases your dice pool.'

So raising your strength from 5 to 10 using ISE would give you 5 extra dice from just being stronger, but those 5 dice count towards your normal limit of charm dice?
>>
>>46796670
well, Dynast charms were not entirely invented by that book.
>>
>>46796114
Can somebody please post this picture?
>>
>>46796736
It does count towards the charm limit, yes. It's still an absolutely amazing charm though, even with the high cost and Simple activation.
>>
File: Scarlet 3e.jpg (198 KB, 700x453) Image search: [Google]
Scarlet 3e.jpg
198 KB, 700x453
>>46796764
original
>>
I don't see a watermark. Why are people saying there's one?
>>
>>46796764
This is the original from 2e they copied
>>
File: Scarlet 3e redone.png (1 MB, 815x621) Image search: [Google]
Scarlet 3e redone.png
1 MB, 815x621
>>46796764
>>46796787
book version
>>
>>46796803
If there's no watermark, please could you upload it?
>>
>>46796782
Alright, cool. Thanks for the clarification.
>>
File: sexy time in the blessed isle.png (382 KB, 776x493) Image search: [Google]
sexy time in the blessed isle.png
382 KB, 776x493
>>46796732
>While I agree that the complaint about the shown leg was silly, I have no idea what you think this idea has to do with the Empress.

I do, though. Are you sure you're not being pointlessly moronic for the sake of being a douchebag?

This is a canon, printed illustration of the Compass of Celestial Direction 1 btw.
>>
So, is there a link to the new version?
>>
>>46796736
Yes, that's how it works.

(This is one of the things the Charm Rewrite on OPP forums is retardedly stupid about. It gets all dumbfuck about it and goes on about "adds to withering damage and FOS and anything else that is a Strength roll but it DEFINITELY DOESN'T ADD STRENGTH POINTS because that would be unclear".

Because retards gonna retard.
>>
>>46796823
I want to be sure first. Last thing I need is my name on something everyone's going to download.
>>
File: c1DFSTE.jpg (337 KB, 938x596) Image search: [Google]
c1DFSTE.jpg
337 KB, 938x596
>>46796764
And the "censored" 3e version.
>>
>>46796803
post yours, then
>>
>>46796828
So people have sex, what does this have to do with the promiscuity or sexual expression, or whatever they ob jected to, of the Empress?
Are you saying all people in Creation act the same way?
>>
>>46796828
>Are you sure you're not being pointlessly moronic for the sake of being a douchebag?
I share his confusion though, we all know Exalted has always been extremly oversexed, but that has no relevance to how the Empress should be portrayed.
>>
>>46796838
They are complaining when someone is sitting in front of her, dressed in what seems to be a loincloth? I see people showing more skin looking out my window in the summer.
Shit, looking out my window in the winter too sometimes.
>>
>>46796861
What are you even trying to say? What is your point, except nitpicking and stupidity?

This is a canon, printed illustration in Compass of Celestial Direction 4 btw. Aah. The delicious bordellos of the mind-controlled ex-rapist transgender ghosts.
>>
>>46796901
People just found the art piece incredibly ugly and OP just focused on the few ragers about the shown leg (who bitched just as much about the lady? in the foreground) because thats shit they could change and then pat themselves on the back.
>>
>>46796926
>What are you even trying to say? What is your point, except nitpicking and stupidity?
I would like to give that question back to you, we were talking about people complaining about the Empress showing leg and you're now ranting about random art pieces in Exalted that have nothing to do with her at all.

So, what is your point?
>>
>>46796926
>canon
Nope, not anymore.
>>
I really don't care about the fight everyone is having. But all this talk of the Empress and revealing clothing and over seed exalted really makes me want to read some more exalted smut. To bad there is so little on the 1d4Chan smut archive.
>>
>>46796967
well, get to writing then, anon
>>
>>46796947
He's just some fag with a huge bug up his ass about how the evil SJW will take away his lewd exalted or some shit like that, so he's trying to force the argument to be about that instead because he can't understand no one but him gives a shit.
>>
>>46796967
>over seed
An autocorrect error but not exactly one I'm upset with.
>>
>>46796967
Only exalted smut I remember seeing was that one with the 2e Twilight chick getting fucked by Magma Kraken

It was pretty bad, as expected of Exalted smut.
>>
>>46796987
Just imagine being this fucking dumb.

I mean, imagine it.

I'd rather an hero
>>
>>46796982
Man I've got like 3 unfinished smut fics. Evverytime I try to write I can't get to the good stuff. I feel like all my characters want to talk about sex rather than actually bone.
>>
>>46797021
They literally had a porno book
>>
>>46797058
Oh don't worry, I usually finish before the characters do. I wouldn't notice.
>>
>>46797066
They literally had a fake preview of a porno book that amounted to about 10 pages.
>>
File: maiden of the missing pant.png (378 KB, 389x1096) Image search: [Google]
maiden of the missing pant.png
378 KB, 389x1096
>>46796954
Ah, the 'no fun allowed' brigade.

What are you doing here? Don't you have safe spaces in RPG.net for people who hate fun like you? I'm sure you feel so smart helping all those fictional women.
>>
>>46797087
And it was better written than a lot of 2e
>>
>>46796736
>>46796782
Charms like that seem unclear to me too, for a different reason. I get that the dots added to Strength count against the dice limit, but do they also increase the dice limit? Since it's Attribute + Ability.

I'd think so, since you're raising the Attribute and nothing says they don't, but that seems like a weird way for the system to work. But this IS Exalted, I guess.
>>
>>46797066
Unless you mean that Exxxalted thing, which wasn't exactly smut, I don't know what you mean.

But after having followed V:TM for so loong, the idea of more WW smut novels makes me cringe.
>>
>>46797095
I say something you like is shit and you get triggered but I'm the one who needs a safe space? That's adorable.

Nobody gives a shit about fictional women, I give a shit about terrible books.
>>
I might write some smut. Any requests?
>>
>>46797102
>but do they also increase the dice limit? Since it's Attribute + Ability.
You're basically filling that limit with the dice you get from the Charm, so all it does means you don't lose dice.
>>
So the 40 cakes image on page 153 actually looks GOOD now, and not just a shitty poser image.
>>
>>46797138
>They would've made a full one if it sold more.
Fans demanded one, but they were told no. It was an April Fools, nothing more.
>>
>>46797150
Anju x Truth
>>
>>46797150
Scarlet/Mnemon raping a Celestial
>>
>>46797150

Solar on Sidereal Waifu
>>
>>46797150
Siddie-Dragon King /ss/
>>
>>46797167
Those faces are pure gold.
>>
>>46797184
>Not Scarlet raping Mnemon
One job
>>
>>46797184

How about Scarlet raping Mnemon
>>
>>46797150
Mnemon x V'neef consensual yuri love
>>
>>46797150
>>46797182
or >>46797214
>>
>>46796947
Now you're being moronic again for the sake of being a douchebag.

The point is that Exalted never retreated from showing sexuality, and the Empress has been, explicitly, shown using everything she can have to gain leverage in her opponents: and that means, yes, sex, and legs.

You are trying very hard to find something to be offended in the name of the Empress in your head that could never do that, because you feel like Exalted should be like what you believe it should be, against evidences. You're being stupid on purpose. Please stop that.

Or at least, I hope you're being stupid on purpose. Nobody can be this retarded for this long unless he is willing to be.
>>
>>46797150

Demon summoning gone wrong.
>>
>>46797227
>and the Empress has been, explicitly, shown using everything she can have to gain leverage in her opponents
No she hasn't. Nice try kid.
>>
>>46797167

This one is new too, I might go through page by page and pull up all the new art I can find.
>>
>>46797184
>>46797200
>>46797214
Yeah sure maybe.
>>
>>46797248

>Kid

Oh, come on. He might be in the wrong, but no need to go all Coldsteel.
>>
>>46797254
I...did they RIFF on the Hunter: the Vigil Dante trace with that guy?
>>
>>46797222
I know who you are, you bastard.
>>
>>46797254
>>46797167
Both of those have already been posted.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.