[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #579: Ludicrous Spaghetti Mountains Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>43498570
>>
One day that mouse will heat up the spaghetti.
>>
So jumpers, have you ever created life by whatever means?
>>
>>43517043
Thats my wholle shtick you know?

In general my creations are tied between mooks (i love them...but i also try to consider those disposable).

And VIPs, which are basically sapient beings that i accept as such.

But more importantly...now and then i create superweapons.

And by that i mean i have the lofty aspiration of creating things like..hmm remember how Cell from dbz was a really damn good creation? Or the Endbringers?

I try to make something like those impossibly strong monsters, only my stuff are way bigger and have more things on them....one day i will post my pastebin of one such creations....its being refined currently as i progress in my jumpchain.

Still the general answer is yes and i have a thing for cybernetics and biological life, i do not like most robotic life (an expeption might come for transformers who are a 'natural' life so to speak, but i am not really interested most of the time in making sapient robots).
>>
Hey do battle scars transfer over from past jumps? Might want to do a grizzled old super soldier jumper chain.
>>
>>43517105
Technically no, you are getting a new body each jump. You could keep them if you want, I don't think anyone would complain.
>>
>>43517091
>Treating your babies like they're disposable.
This is why I'm a terrible, terrible broodmother. I just can't treat them like mooks, I love them too much.
>>
>>43517043
I think the better question is who hasn't, especially since everyone gets the ability in Geneforge.
One of my oldest examples is engineering plants to produce specific resources, like gasoline or morphine, that I would have difficulties getting otherwise.
The more advanced techniques I've gained since then have resulted in my solving a lot of problems by just creating a new species, like a race of emotivores to combat famine conditions, or a species of micro-organisim that induces and feeds off of radioactive decay for environmental clean up and nuclear waste disposal.
>>
>>43517105
Yeah, It is your call, though it might be akward to explain if you go non-drop-in. Imagine being a 12 year old child with the scars you accumulated in Platoon or LoT.
But generally I rule that every significant scar is visible on my bodymod body. So when I am running around in that particular meatpuppet, I am as grizzled as they come.
>>
I want to make Eva/shipgirl hybrids. any way I can go about doing that?
>>
File: proud dog dad.png (510 KB, 809x535) Image search: [Google]
proud dog dad.png
510 KB, 809x535
>>43517043
Yeah, the old fashioned way.
>>
>>43517168
You make your EVA sapient, then import it as a companion.

You then build her into part of a space ship. Then you import that into Kancolle.

tada?
>>
>>43517187
Alternatively, import the Eva into Supreme Commander, make it an Experimental ACU, buy the transformation upgrade so it turns into a ship, and import that into Kancolle.
>>
>>43515146
that sounds like a job for soft physics from worm.

>>43517043
I'm a dad and my von Neumann star makers are arguably alive.
>>
>>43517153
I feel you miss, i have to hold back myself from loving them...otherwise i am not going to be able to use them as mooks. ;_;
>>
I have binge watched Space Engineer Videos. Jump material?
>>
What would happen if you used [The Arrow] on zanpaktou
>>
>>43517610
It's a generic 'build things in space' game. It's a fun play, but it has no lore, no setting, nothing to make a jump from. It's possible but not worth it.
>>
>>43517610
Isn't that in early access? I think people might want to wait until it's actually released before making that determination, or trying to make a jump in it.
>>
>>43517631
Nothing. The zanpakutou is just an extension of you so you'd get the same effects as if you stabbe yourself normally.
>>
>>43517631
Zanpakutou Requiem?
>>
>>43517658
Which always makes me laugh with that one Soul Reaper whose zanpakuto's manifestation was two girls jealously in love with him. Just, I get that the sword's personality is only a fraction of yours reflected and sorta anthropomorphized into a pseudo-individual, but come on, you gotta be pretty weird to be a guy and have part of your soul turn into two deredere chicks,
>>
File: AntiSpiralWP.jpg (131 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
AntiSpiralWP.jpg
131 KB, 1920x1200
Question for Babylon Guy: What would the Godslayer resemble if it were to be corrupted by all the world's evils into an Angel Slayer?

Question for Red: As above, but for the Blade of Olympus?

Question for Brows: Is it possible to develop the Power of Order if you spend the whole jump thinking ANGRY THOUGHTS about holding true to your convictions or is it just a weird unique thing that only Jin/Hakuman has? Would developing it improve one's ability to Observe Phenomenon Interventions? And have you laid eyes on the despair that is our dark work? http://pastebin.com/79h9mHA9

>>43517488
Well, you know what they say: If you have a vested interest in something, allowing it to fulfill its purpose in life is a categorical imperative. If they come back, use the combat data to make sure the next batch is even stronger than before. If they don't, you should've taken Shaper's Authority.

>>43517043
We've experimented over the centuries, yes. However, at this point, what we consider "life" may not necessarily be what you consider life.

Take our First Circle Souls. Is a being composed purely of the fires from one's own soul alive in the conventional sense? Is an entity incapable of acting outside the fulfilment of our will a person? Should they be considered separate entities if their primary purpose is to basically act as Shards for testing and improving our various spiritual abilities?

Likewise, is a genius locii alive? Are nuclear elementals?
>>
>>43517658
I thought it a piece of soul placed in a sword wouldn't develop and be different from the main ?
>>
I know we have a KOTOR and Clonewars jump but what about Starwars: Galactic Battlegrounds or Empire at War? I'd like to see a starwars rts like jump.
>>
>>43517676
Does he post on /tg/ or /a/?
>>
>>43517690
The thing you have to understand is that the jump is to actual place, not a videogame or whatever. If you want an 'rts' experience, you become a military commander.
>>
>>43517685
It's a part of you, and connected to you. They are sorta like individuals in that they have their own personalities magnified from the part of your soul they are, but they're still at the root connected to you and a part of you, and thus share your stand.
>>
>>43517695
He's in an anime so he definitely goes to /a/.
>>
>>43517705
Say I have my ship form from the kantai collection as my stand would my sword and ship share abilities and stuff ?
>>
>>43517683
If you have to know i do have that...more than once.
And yes i agree with you, to have a purpose in life is that...well still what i give them as purpose is not to die or survive, but to Fight.

Also yes what you consider life is life.
Does it have an at least semi-sapient or just sentient mind and interacts with the enviroment?
Then in my eyes that is life, so too are genius locii and elementals in general.

Life is not organic existance, life is capacity for existing in general, a robot is not life, because its bound by its programming, if it could however hate the programming or seek loopholes then its 'alive'.

Thats my view...of someone who likes creating things and gives them at least some purpose.

Amusingly enough Dear Anti-spiral, i prefer for some of my creations to not evolve most of the time, so in a way...i agree with your desire for stasis...heh.
>>
TES magic doesn't have a genetic marker, right? You can teach it to anyone, if I remember right.
>>
>>43518065
Pretty sure you need a supply of magicka, which IIRC is a thing Magnus shat out into reality when he almost died making it. That, or an outflow from Aetherius. Either way, no magicka, no mana. Unless you have a big supply of potions to feed people.

That said, you can bypass that limit for one school of magic if you take the mage's capstone in Skyrim. Alteration is best school.
>>
>>43518085
Could you explain why Alteration is best school?
>>
>>43518129
Because he can't spell Conjuration.
>>
>>43518065
Yeah but it depends on the metaphysics of TES pretty heavily. Think I said that you and anyone who has been to TES can continue to do it at one point.

I'd probably amend that though as I don't like that sort of ruling as it influences your jump ordering.

I'd probably just go with 'you and any companions/pod peoples you have can do it' as you could justify it by saying they can all tap into some jumpchain nonsense for it to work like it would for you in TES.
>>
>>43518221
Sweet. Thanks, Cats.
>>
>>43518190
Conjuration is the best school.

Otherwise you cant get a flame Atronach waifu
>>
>>43518245
>flame Atronach waifu
She is pretty hot
>>
>>43517043
I've not created life - but I have spurred the growth of that which I found.

And yet I myself can only "create" unlife.
>>
File: Extra-Life.jpg (376 KB, 1151x692) Image search: [Google]
Extra-Life.jpg
376 KB, 1151x692
Jump 18: Scott Pilgrim

24 years old
Indie Beat
American
Signature Move
Subspace Highway 150
Finest Hour 450
Cupboard of Tea 500
Hyperspace Handbag 600
Extra Life 1200
Jumper vs. the World 1000

Tomb Raider to GTA to Scott Pilgrim - lots of settings that are sort of like the real world with extra stuff getting rolled. Generally ignore extra lives in stuff as I think they set a bad precedent but I'm making it easy on myself as this is all rolled and it strikes me that if an extra life should be anywhere it should be in Scott Pilgrim where it's both something that exists in a relatively normal world and a major plotpoint.

Jumper vs. the World makes it a bit more Scott Pilgrimy as otherwise I wouldn't have much of a reason to get into fights all the time.

Think this build is similar to other ones. Took Hyperspace Handbag as a result of it being an unorthodox run where it's all rolled and Pokemon isn't first. That's one thing to be said for not doing Pokemon first really, you have to buy all the stuff there that's useful elsewhere which results in more different builds, don't have a bag with extra space 18 jumps in.

Signature Move would be some sort of addition to my knife throwing. You can tie it into your other moves and Last Hope (dagger summoning) and Rakansen (obscene throwing abilities) have been a staple since the first 2 jumps. I figure some sort of lightning power added to the dagger when thrown.

Other stuff is all just useful. Don't have teleportation yet so Subspace Highway is pretty essential and Finest Hour is probably the best capstone (not wanting to go Vegan).
>>
>>43518662
>I wouldn't have much of a reason to get into fights

There is always a good reason to punch a hipster in the face, especially when whatever cruel god created this world saw fit to arm them with lightsabers and psionic powers
>>
>>43518662
>>43518722
What a shitty boring world......ah well, it could be worse.
>>
NOTE: When I did the imaging for this I messed it up, just realised humans were supposed to have a sword for free. Also noticed that in the original version of it the Identity was called Human rather than Men as I'd put it last time (although last time it was sort of inconsistent as I'd put the discounts for Humans but the Identity was called Men). Changed it to Human across the board as that's what it was in the original text thing. Also probably a bit higher in resolution.

Jump 19: Lord of the Rings

Gondor
25 years old
Men
Forestry
Elven Grace 100
Dwarven Craft 500
Elven Enchantment 1000
Blood of Kings 1300
Sword
Out of the Frying Pan 1200
My Word Is My Bond 1000

It's unusual for me to go to Lord of the Rings this early and I'd usually go full drawbacks but didn't really fancy being chased around all the time so settled for being chased around just at the start. Finally get to use my ridiculous bow and arrow abilities without looking like a weirdo. Always find I end up going human with this one as well as if you take Blood of Kings it's pretty much always the best option.

Also just occurred to me how great a LotR - Bad Guys jump could be cool. Humans, Orcs, Uruks and something else (maybe trolls or goblin men or whatever). There wouldn't really be much crossover other than the Harad starting location and the warg option. Orc spawning pits, mumakil, big scary towers, etc.
>>
What what be the result of one having multiple reality marbles could you have marble in a marble ? What about soul synchronization ? Would they both stay or one overlap the other ?
>>
>>43519399
What other examples of "great workings" could you pull off with Elven Enchantment? I'm assuming the Silmarils are a bit too far out there to be forged anew.
>>
>>43519566
>Emiya vs Archer.txt
>>
>>43519653
Marvel Anon made this jump so you'd have to ask him. I just imaged it, same deal with Firefly. Also imaged MCU which Red wrote.
>>
So what you end goal? Friends, power, knowledge or something completely different.
>>
>>43520289
I just took the offer because I was bored. I just continued because people and then worlds needed help. Not sure what I'll do or if I'll ever even try for a spark.
>>
I don't quite understand ?
>>
>>43520342
That was for the marble questions
>>
>>43520289
1.Become a god.
2.Gather enough technology and magic to bring peace & prosperity to every universe I've visited, including earth.
3.Travel the omniverse and become the Jumpchan for other anons.
>>
What jump allows me to import my water ship as a starship?
>>
>>43521056
Faster than Light's import should be able to, it doesn't specifically exclude it at any rate.
>>
>>43517043
>Looks at the fact that Geneforge has been my 'fix all' since the jump came out
Yes, yes I have.
>>
>>43520289
To die with no regrets.
>>
>>43520289
Friends and adventure.

That and I want to be able to finally be able to have cooler stories than my uncle. I figure I'll reach that goal maybe six or seven jumps in, maybe less if I meet any seals.
>>
>>43521288
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYspzVlva4Q
>>
>>43520289
To have some really cool stories to tell my grandkids, and to generally just have a grand time.
I mean, even if it would be an adventure filled with suffering, it's uncharted waters. That has to count for something, right?
>>
>>43520289
I want adventure, and friends to share it with. I want to teach and to learn. I want to create and help others to create.
>>
>>43517043
I have, a couple of times.

Most people go with RE, Evo, or Geneforge. Those are all good choices, but I wanted a more mythic creation experience so I went with Song Science and Creative Composition from Ar Tonelico, and Technobabelfish and The Maddest Science Yet from Tenchi.
>>
>>43520289
1.Build A heaven for all the good people who Could not get in due to all the nonsense surrounding who gets in in religions, and make sure All applicable people get in,So far the Problems I haven't solved Are overriding the directions souls go so I can catch them with Lord of light Technology and Uploading them into my amazing videogame that incorporates Aspects of every Fictional work I've encountered,The whole"don't mess with souls Unless it's someone you can trust to stay dead otherwise" rule I have is making this much more difficult than it should be. My ripoff of oasis from Ready player one Mixed with better than life from Red dwarf Is already functionally a place thanks to massive amounts of Clark tech and some stuff I learned more recently in code Lyoko So combined with the world seed from SOA which it's already based off of I just need to make it infinitely scalable and that shouldn't be too hard since it's already constantly expanding right?

2.Curb stomp Everyone on the list of people I need to curb stomp post-spark.

3. Numbers two and three from >>43520914

4.Figure out a way to prevent spiral nemesis without decreasing or moderating the amount of spiral energy Being produced, so far I've devised a Theoretical method of creating empty "Surge protector universes" To Handle the extra strain but that's a sort term solution And I have been unable to stress test that To the Degree it really needs to be.
5.Figure out how to Compromise on things so I can Stop fighting so much.
6 Have a lot more kids And get them Set up like I am.
>>
So i'm looking through the WIP section and I notice the WW2 jump all by its lonesome unfinished.

Any news on that?
>>
So if i went ahead a build a robot dog, can i get it along with me to the next jump. How do jumpchain rules handle creations, could i just use the child rule for them.
>>
>>43521883
If it's sapient, it counts as a companion. If not just put it in the Warehouse before the jump ends.
>>
>>43521956
Thanks
>>
File: Dunwall_Clock_Tower.png (1 MB, 1345x807) Image search: [Google]
Dunwall_Clock_Tower.png
1 MB, 1345x807
>>43519399
Jump 20: Dishonored

Blink II 3
Dark Vision I 4
Possession II 12
Bend Time II 20
Vitality II 24
Shadow Kill I 25
28 years old
Watch
Respect the Badge
Untouchable 100
Whirlwind 300
Stronger Soul x 6 600
Immune 700
Bottle Street Woes 500

This city is afraid of me...I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "ok."

A good watchman in a bad place hunted by both the gangs and the crooked watchmen in their pockets, should be fun, plot is more or less resolved in a few weeks as far as I remember (and it's a good end unless you take the bad end drawback) I'll probably be able to find a prominent place in the Watch for myself if I help Corvo out a little or fight corruption and look the other way to his nighttime activities. Sort of the Harvey Gordon to his Batman but with more killing.

Took the one that stops me getting the plague as I don't have anything foolproof for that yet and a bunch of Stronger Soul making this an almost entirely Outsider ability based build.

Whirlwind will give the gangers something to think about before having a go.
>>
File: daysrest.jpg (431 KB, 1000x727) Image search: [Google]
daysrest.jpg
431 KB, 1000x727
>>43520289
I'm just here for the journey, mac. Being unsatisfied at having to stay still was why I left.
>>
Can any perks or powers stop zeltrech
>>
File: Anti+Spiral.jpg (12 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Anti+Spiral.jpg
12 KB, 500x281
>>43520289
To find the Shining Answer: The reason why anything and everything happens the way it doe, and why this multiverse of realities which are all suspiciously similar to fictional stories exists.

>>43521405
Wait-the navy or the blubbery fat kind?

Also if you're still around-mind answering our question from earlier in thread?
>>
>>43518221
>d probably amend that though as I don't like that sort of ruling as it influences your jump ordering.
Huzzah!
>>
File: longjourney.jpg (496 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [Google]
longjourney.jpg
496 KB, 1000x707
>>43522026
That reference tho. Guess I'll start posting my new chain too, although mine isn't random rolling.

Jump #1

Starting Location: Kanto
Origin: Drop In.
Starter- Pikachu
Perks:
Physical Fitness (100)
Survival Training (200)
Free Running (300)
Combat Training (350)
Blend In (500)
Savant (800)
Champ In The Making (1100)

Gear:
Bag
Pokegear
Pokedex
Hat
Bicycle (1150)
Money (1200)
Masterballs (1300)

Drawbacks:
Swarmed 100
Marked 200

I got an out from a dubious character who wanted to make a deal. A long story short, I took it when I found no reason to turn it down. When I woke up I had wet jeans from laying in morning dew grass as a flock of birds and bats chased a small rat onto me. I was also near an ocean which had no right to be in the landlocked area I had been. Not quite a witch and a guild of midgets but it was enough of a welcoming party to tell me their part of the deal was upheld. Might as well uphold my own right?

So I started walking and didn't stop. I'll take the time to see the sights expanded from my childhood and walk through the Kanto region challenging the gym when I figured I have a decent chance. Keep my eyes peeled for goddamn zubats, and rockets flying in. Walk to the other regions or take transport if I can afford it. Keeping the few master balls in reserve if a legendary shows up. All in all a journey with pleasant and unpleasant moments. Even if all the while I think I got too good a deal and wonder when the other shoe is going to drop...
>>
>>43523007
I find it odd you want to stop someone who literally spends most of his time doing jack shit and occasionally taking apprentices or paying visits to a certain vampire fairy moon princess.

Also, yes. You can get one in Pokemon. It's called Kinesis, and it works best when you own a sniper rifle.
>>
>>43523007
Make him laugh
Then use the perks from Twilight and Van Helsing to kill him with a powerful UV light
>>
>>43523592
I'd have thought you'd be cool with Zelretch after he saved the world from being taken over by Brunestud

Oh bother, are we back to the whole are vampires absolutely evil argument from last thread
>>
>>43523671
I'm a vampire bro, I don't think Zelretch should be killed. But someone asked for advice on how to do it, so I gave him advice rather than preach at him.

Though Zelretch is a MASSIVE asshole.
>>
>>43523671
That was really more a discussion than an argument, anon. It stayed civil and it was interesting.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UyMAPr-G44

Anyone else hyped? We miss you, OAA.
>>
>>43523684
>Zelretch is a JUMPER
FTFY
>>
>>43523711
As I recall it started off with one doof being told over and over again and grew into a civil argument, but same difference I suppose.

>>43523684
Fair enough. Pretty much everyone in Type-Moon is an asshole to some extent anyway. Especially any organisation of mages.
>>
>>43523082
Be polite effienct and have a plan to kill every one
>>
>>43523671
I was asking if just don't trust myself against dimension stuff
>>
File: One More Time.png (539 KB, 658x713) Image search: [Google]
One More Time.png
539 KB, 658x713
>>43523028
Jump #2 Mushoku Tensei
Starting Location: Rikaris, Magic Continent
Origin- Swordsman
Race- Supard (+100)

Perks
Delayed Limiter (0)
Leaky Limiter (200)
Miko (500)
Summoning and Magic Arrays (1100)
Elemental Magic (1300)
Healing Magic (1500)
Silent Casting (1900)
Fighting Spirit (0)
Well Rounded (2000)
Impossible Dedication (2200)
King Ranked (2500)
Divine Progenitor (2800)
Absorption Eye (3050)

Gear
Adventurers Guild Registration Card (0): B Rank
Asura Gold Coins (3100)
Masterwork Sword (0)
Soul Spear (0)

Drawbacks:
I Want to Go Back (0)
Agoraphobia (+100)
Green Hair (+100)
Crystal Infection (+300)- Rolled, got age 15
Bound (+400)
A Long Way to the Top (+400)
Overloaded Metastasis Event (+600)

The years came and went slowly but before I knew it I met that entity again. I got made another offer, and I didn't feel homesick or attached enough to quit. To my surprise I ended up in yet another familiar place. I counted myself fortunate as not having to get hit by a truck or die in some convoluted manner to do so.

A family of a shunned race living in disguise in Rikaris. I'll make use of my early years to not only build up my lacking strength and magic, but my work ethic and mindset. The magic continent is full on rules of nature, and has little place for known supards. Around year six assuming we haven't been run out of the city I'll accompany the main characters on their journey. In Millihision I'll need to do my best to yoink the god ranked chant to antidote magic.

When the fellowship parts ways I'll stick by Rudeus and when the time comes try to keep us both alive long enough to work under Orsted. If I'm lucky he might even decide to become the teacher I'm going to need. Being a supard limits willing instructors and self study or innovation on the way there will only go so far. Perhaps I'll reach my drawback goal by the time we end the fight with Hitogami. I look forward to it.

Jumper reincarnation: Surviving in another world seriously.
>>
File: why even bother with the fence.png (951 KB, 1121x552) Image search: [Google]
why even bother with the fence.png
951 KB, 1121x552
Alright so a while ago an anon pretended that I'd added scenarios to Harry Potter. For a second I was actually confused and started to wonder whether I had and just forgotten about it.

Well now I'm considering it. Had a couple of perks I was thinking of adding anyway due to my absolute incapability of leaving well enough alone when it comes to my jumps.

I've half a mind to do it as I have one scenario idea I really like and I've already set out a page.

I've half a mind not to as if I start adding scenarios to every jump I've done it'll probably fuck with the format a little too much. People generally choose a longer stay over a shorter one and while nothing here will be quite as much of a slog as Civilization or whatever it does sort of make the 10 year limit less of a rule. That's not to say I actually want to add scenarios to everything obviously but it's still a bit of a concern.

I know as well that when asked whether people want more content they generally say yes but I am interested as to what people think.
>>
File: why-not.jpg (82 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
why-not.jpg
82 KB, 400x600
>>43524787
I'd be fine with it. Personally speaking, scenarios tend to be spice to the main dish, and often help me orient goals or at least create new ones on the way. If the scenarios aren't to my liking they aren't mandatory and I still have the main dish.
>>
>>43524787
I'm not sure what sort of scenarios you could add to HP, so purely out of curiosity I'd be interested to take a look at it. Yes, I always vote for more content as opposed to less, but if your heart really isn't in it, then I'd say don't do it.

However if you do want to do it, and you think there's some neat stuff to be added to the HP jump then I'd be all for it. So far I've enjoyed the addition of scenarios and it made me take another look at my TES build and, obviously, the Skyrim as well.
>>
>>43524787
It is as you say - more content is always nice. And the 10 year rule is more of a guideline by now, to be honest.

That said - how do scenarios mess with the format? Every time I see them, they just seem to be additions tacked on the main structure, not destabilizing it.

Goblet of Fire scenario?
>>
>>43524787
Anything that allows me to cuntpunch Slytherin with greater force and duration gets a Go For It vote in my book.
>>
>>43524787
What kind of scenarios exactly? You start as a Death Eater, You arrive when Voldemort was still a student at Hogworts, stuff like that?
>>
>>43524787
Hopefully there's a scenario where you can tame the creature in the chamber of secrets, since that's what I spent most of that jump doing.
>>
>>43525030
>You start as a Death Eater
>wanting to be the hackneyed crossbreed of pastiche emo kids and old money nazis
Sometimes, man, sometimes I just don't get you.
>>
>>43524787
I'm fine with it
I just hope I can still try to steal the Hallows. I want Death to watch my Adventures with JC damn it.
>>
>>43525090
It was just the first thing that came to mind. Personally I'd rather Cat's include the second one so I can recreate HiSHE,
>https://youtu.be/YsYWT5Q_R_w?t=3m32s
>>
>>43525007
>Goblet of Fire Scenerio
Let's be hoonest here. Is there any jumper who DIDN'T crash the tournament with no survivors?
>>
>>43525243
>no survivors
But I spent most of the GoF hitting on Fleur
Then I went to the Ball with Luna cause she's mai Waifu from Harry Potter.
>>
So any one SCIENCE*D any interesting expiraments ?
>>
>>43525385
No comment
No, you're not allowed to look in my Warehouse.
>>
>>43525326
>Fleur
She's a little light up top for my tastes, but she's pretty solid otherwise.

You might be evil and deluded, JA, but you've got decent taste.
>>
>>43525243
I didn't, but that's purely because HP was Jump #3 and I didn't have a way to survive an AK or fix any prophecies I screwed up, so I did my best not to get too involved in plot.
>>
>>43525459
Note "Hitting on her, then going to the ball with Luna"

The idea was just to annoy the hell out of Fleur. Doesn't help that I'm Veela Blooded
>>
>>43525326
I too hit on Fleur like a madman. Of course, it was all in fun, as I already had a French wife/girlfriend and didn't fancy another.

I also got in a drinking contest with Krum. So that's nice.
>>
>>43525411
Aww but think of the possibilities I started working on my mystic eye replication with my familiar turtle
>>
>>43525490
>Luna
You seen her lately? Man, she isn't aging well.
>>
>>43524787
Do eeeet!
more content is always best content anyway.
>>
>>43525571
Luna was Mai Waifu before the movies were a thing bro.

>>43525512
Drinking contest with Krum? Sounds like something to do doing the Ball
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 1280x958) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 1280x958
>>43525571
I disagree.
>>
>>43525666
Sorry Satan, but that is touched up and that isn't recent.
>>
>>43525638
Don't do it at the ball unless your actions have butterflyed things enough that Hermione isn't Krum's date. It will ruin her night, otherwise.
>>
>>43525666
Stop with the lies Satan, you hold no power here

>>43525697
Bro, I'd been smacking sense into Harry and Hermione's heads hard enough they went together.

But then I'm a shipper.
>>
File: commander shepard.gif (3 MB, 435x245) Image search: [Google]
commander shepard.gif
3 MB, 435x245
>>43525571
>>43525666
>>
>>43525714
Okay, good. Don't want her to have a bad time.
>>
>>43525714
Book Harry and Hermione deserve each other, mainly because they're twats. Well, Harry is a cunt and Hermione is a twat but, still, my point remains.

Movie Harry is just a simp, and in no way deserves movie Hermoine. Then again, neither does Ron, so there's that.
>>
>>43525714
Eh, they could do worse than each other I suppose. Personally, I pushed Harry the Dipshit towards Hannah Abbot for funzies. I then proceeded to prod Neville towards Hermione. Ron can have the Whomping Willow I guess.

But this is getting a tad Tumblr for my tastes, so I'll stop.
>>
>>43525776
Agreed, almost-god. I fucked with Book!Harry almost as much as I fucked with the Slytherins.
>>
>>43525812
Yeah because that emotionally neglected, abused little shit who's just doing his best really deserves to be taken down a peg or two.
>>
>>43525902
That's what I'm sayin'. Thank you!
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 660x330
>>43525680
Here's one the most recent pictures I found without touch ups.
>>
>>43526066
Looks pretty cute. Dunno what the other guys saying about her being ugly
>>
>>43525902
>Doîng his best
But he's not.
He's about as lazy as Ron is, except for the Triwizard and the DA. Other than those two times, he's an average student at best.

And for someone who's abused, he doesn't show much sign of it, beyond not wanting to go back to his Aunt and Uncle, and even then is okay with it with a simple "but you need to for a certain reason which I am not going to tell you because you're too young."
>>
>>43526083
She's got a bit mannish face, but I would rail that quicker than a Chinese immigrant.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 764x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 764x1024
>>43526083
Now this probably has some touch up work done.
>>
>>43526108
Probably because accurate depiction of PTSD wouldn't be, y'know, kosher for a children's series

Or maybe not. I remember Watership Down was a thing.
>>
For anyone who hasn't done SOMA yet, do you want some perk combo builds? I've thought of some since writing the Jump.
>>
>>43526215
Sure
>>
>>43526202
Animorphs says you're wrong
>>
>>43526215
Sure. It's a good jump and the only thing keeping me from doing it is my crippling fear of being trapped deep underwater with an insane biomechanical computer that's just trying to help me but winds up mutilating me in the process. Believe it or not, I actually had that phobia before playing SOMA. It wound up being pretty rough for me, as a result.
>>
>>43526202
Not really.
A lot of the symptoms aren't major like flashbacks or fear of certain situations.
Given the list of possible symptoms the Mayo Clinic provides, about the only one applicable is lack of clothing. And possibly rebellion, but that was only during OotP, in which case it's appropriate to the situation at hand.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 640x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 640x445
Speaking of Harry Potter, why hasn't there been more of this fellow? He had to be me more interesting than Harry Potter. He's one the only Black wizards in Hogwarts and probably all of UK (along with his parents & possible siblings).
>>
>>43526357
No, there's Blaise Zabini and his mom, too. So three black wizards. Two of whom are evil.
>>
>>43526357
Or they just only hired one black actor with a named role? Or just didin't make a point of pointing out there were probably many more black characters that simply didn't have a part in the story?
>>
>>43526357
He's a Half-blood who's father died before revealing the truth, and his mom re-married. So his half-siblings would be muggle-borns, and that would be a huge coincidence.
>>
>>43525243
I spent most of the jump mostly cleaning up Dumbledore's messes.

...not my original plan, admittedly, but Arturia took one look at the setting and effectively went 'Oh HELL naw!' As she wasn't shy about stating who she was... well, a few people had some panic moments when they realized she was telling the truth(after a fashion), let's put it that way.
>>
>>43526380
There's also the fat black kid that was only around in PoA.
>>
>>43526293
That's an oddly specific phobia anon.
>>
>>43526357
>He is Black
>Therefore he is automatically more interesting than the main character
I'm trying to understand this logic, but I can't

Also the Patil sisters are Indian and Cho is East Asian, so apparently Magical UK is more diverse than you might think for a bunch of backwards inbreeders.

>>43526384
Nah, he's black in the books too. Or rather the first book mentions he has "dark skin" and it's brought up again. Because it's not important.
>>
>>43526529
It's never brought up again*
>>
>>43526334
>rebellion
>only during OotP
"What's that, Professor Dumbledore? Under no circumstances go [into forbidden place/do forbidden thing of the book plot]? FUCK YOU, I'M HARRY POTTER!"
>>
>>43526572
Name one of these occasions, all of them had good reasons. Harry was an asshole at times, but he didn't do shit for no reason or "because I'm harry potter"

Get off the Internet Snape. You didn't deserve the "redemption" you got in the books.
>>
>>43526446
It comes from reading this one science fiction novel when I was younger. Starfish, by Peter Watts. It's got a lot of similarities to SOMA, makes me wonder if the dev team head was a fan. Fairly different plot, but the details around the plot definitely felt similar. Up to and including the protagonist being a weird cyborg diving suit (though Starfish's protagonist isn't undead).
>>
File: cooking with ampharos.png (1 MB, 1280x1536) Image search: [Google]
cooking with ampharos.png
1 MB, 1280x1536
>>43520289
Baked goods.
>>
>>43526572
Let's see.

There's accidentally going in the forbidden corridor in the first book.
Then intentionally going there in order to save the Stone because McGee wouldn't listen.
Going into the Forest in first year, but they were forced to go as a detention.
Second year, into the forest again, and once again in order too save the castle.
Third year was to save Ron from Sirius. Then to save Sirius from the Dementors. On Dumbles's orders no less.
Can't think of any during fourth year.
Fifth year, they again go with Hagrid.
Then are forced into it by Umbridge.
Then they go to the Ministry in order to save Sirius, because Snape was a faggot.
Sixth year absolutely nothing happened.

So yeah. Real rebellious I guess.
>>
>>43526698
Seventh year he didn't turn himself in when he was a wanted felon, the rebel scum.
>>
>>43526529
He's not automatically better. Just that Harry is a shit protagonist.
>>
>>43526607
>Peter Watts
well there you go
to be fair, when I was young I'd often have nightmares of my parents getting kill by mountain lions
>>
>>43526242
I like horror movies where the protagonist can fight the monster, so there are plenty of opportunities to do that in this Jump. Take the perk that gives your body the abilities of a power suit and You Are Smart. Go to Omicron or any site in the Abyss and repair or modify a power suit to be wearable. Put it on, and you have the strength of two power suits. Take I Don't Even Have The Small Guns Anymore and you can fight proxies like a Big Daddy fighting splicers.

Take Venomous Snake and You're Locked In Here With Me. Coat the end of the spear in the poisonous Gel. You have an acid speargun.

With trial and error or You Are Smart and a fully upgraded Omnitool, you can wreak havoc on proxies. Bait them into chasing you through doors, then remotely slam them shut at 200% strength. Turn on appliances and lights on the other side of an area to draw them away from your position. Open airlock doors and flood the area. Not all of them can swim.

The DUNBAT is really powerful if you can bait a proxy outside the airlocks. It's an underwater power loader.

Take Catherine as the AI Companion and take Your Final Mission. Her optional sidequest will be locating and launching the ARK, which is something you need to complete anyway. You get a more agreeable Catherine for free.

Monster Magnet can be helpful if you're using a combat focused build. It'll draw proxies into the traps you set.

Take You Are Smart, Measuring the Marigolds, I Don't Want To Miss a Thing, and a fully upgraded Omnitool. Go to Omicron, where they were testing Structure Gel. Do research there. Eventually you'll figure out how the WAU's Structure Gel works, and how it can "assume direct control" of proxies. Omicron is full of dead bodies. Coat them in modified Structure Gel and use your Omnitool to control them. You are Herbert West, Reanimator.
>>
>>43526752
Yeah, I know, it's not too surprising that I reacted that way. The only book of his I've read that wasn't phobia-inducing was Echopraxia. And that was just because it was too meandering. Really felt like he had a bunch of ideas he wanted to get across but didn't know how to incorporate them into a whole.
>>
>>43526698
I forgot one. Sneaking into Hogsmeade.

I guess that makes him a normal teenager
>>
>>43526753
Thanks might be the next jump i take, after im done with Generic Sugar Bowl that will make up for the lack of fear there
>>
I give you: Xena/Hercules, the legendary journeys

http://pastebin.com/BhgY5QzZ

Feeling like it really needs some feedback, particularly the high-cost items, so nitpick if you please.
>>
File: Carrie_560x330_MSDCARR_EC002_H.jpg (43 KB, 560x330) Image search: [Google]
Carrie_560x330_MSDCARR_EC002_H.jpg
43 KB, 560x330
>>43526293
If it makes you feel any better, the insane biomechanical computer and the proxies are mostly indifferent to you unless you mess with them. You're also immune to the problems with being underwater, and could climb back to the surface if you wanted. It's just that nothing will be there. The Jump is secretly made to cater to my love of reverse horror movies. You are completely capable of fighting everything that could be considered an enemy.

>>43526842
You're welcome. Good luck!

You can use the data from the Flash Drives inside the Jump. Take You Are Smart with them and you'll have both the knowledge and the tools to survive. One of the flash drives has information on security armor and weapons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KsVojEaoms

If you have anything you want to try that you think will barely not work, there's a perk that will make things like that work if their scope is epic enough. One thing you could try with the right perks is building and launching a military satellite from the Space Gun. Another is reanimating dead bodies to give yourself proxy bodyguards, like I said in the last post.

Before you take "We love our customers. ~Robotica", google that phrase to see how alien your goal will seem to other people. It won't be that destructive, but people will react to it like you react to googling that phrase.

The ability to transfer your consciousness instead of making a copy is really powerful. You could go back and forth between an AI and a physical person using a pilot seat and a connection to the computer systems.
>>
>>43527073
>Those two 800cp items
Uh, those feel really out of place to be honest with the power levels of the rest of the jump. Controlling fate and cutting concepts are both pretty obscenely powerful. You'll probably need to at least reduce their power if you don't just cut them full cloth.
>>
>>43527073
>The prize gained from 'To Hades and back' cannot cancel out a drawback. It will certainly help, though.
Why does this even need mentioning? It feels super skeevy that this is actually intended to be used in this sort of manner to mitigate drawbacks in other jumps.

Also those cap items need another look. MEoDP shears and fate control are too OP
>>
>>43526752
got chased by a giant jack-in-the-box down a road in the woods. also got mauled by a bear on a roof.
>>
>>43527073
Those items do not fit the setting at all man, and after the bullshit that was MEoDP I would prefer not to re-experience it with MEoDP-Scissors.
>>
>>43527073
basically what everyone else is saying about the items
>>
>>43527073
First off, thank you for making this. We've needed this jump, and this is a great start. The sense of humor and awareness is great. Rolling critique to follow:

>Demigod
You use the term "unwashed masses" twice in rapid succession, might want to find another term.

>Sidekick o' the gods
Great perk, and I think it works for the price. Makes sense with the source material, too.

>Strong independent nation
Good start, but it needs to be dialed in more or its going to be abused like no tomorrow. I read the notes at the bottom, but you may need to flesh them out more in addition to playing with the verbage of the perk.

>Worthy of Legend
Same with the perk above. It makes sense, but you need to tweak it more to prevent out and out abuse.

>Absorbent weapon
Should be priced a bit higher, IMO.

>Golden Apple Seeds
Way too cheap for what you're offering. These should be one of your capstone items.

>800 CP Items
Honestly? I'd just drop them. I see what you're going for there, canonically, but I'd just drop them.
>>
>>43527229

MEoDP?
>>
>>43527073
There's a billion and one greek myth items you could have added, you put in those two 800cp items and an instakill dagger that's an instant fuck you to anyone ever and it only costs a couple hundred cp?

yeah, no.
>>
>>43527366
Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.

We had an anon trying to make Tsukihime a while back who kept buffing that option in the jump - despite the thread going 'Dude wtf stop that.'

We later found out it was as a favor to an IRL friend.
>>
>>43527350
this
>>
>>43527073
Since everyone else has critiqued everything else, I'd just like to point out in the notes 'Strong Independant Nation' seems to be referred to as 'Who Needs Men'
>>
>>43527403
>stop that
>an IRL friend

I've been here too long. The first thing that popped into my head was pepe
>>
How useful is CQC from Metal Gear? I'm trying to decide if it's worth picking up in both jumps.
>>
>>43527484
MGS' CQC is better than MGR's CQC.

And yes, yes it is absolutely worth picking up.
>>
>>43527073
>it really needs some feedback

Yep but don't be disheartened. There's lots good here too.
>>
>>43527484
It's pretty similar to a more brutal form of judo/jujitsu incorporating knife techniques. If the wiki is to be believed, durong mo-cap for Metal Gear the game's military adviser-a SWAT instructor-would suddenly attack the actor for realsies during motion captures sessions.

In-universe it seems to have been something of a trump card for close combat before 2014.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/CQC
>>
>>43527484
it's a martial art built from the ground up around the existence of automatics
at the top end of feats, we have:
>The Boss taking the slide off Snake's pistol with one hand while laying his ass out with the other
>Snake non-lethally taking out a GRU fireteam in under a minute
>>
>>43527638
oh, and
>Old Snake practically rolling through roughly a dozen militia in Prague without firing a shot
>>
>>43527502
How so? The one in MGR says you can disable an army if you have the stats to back it up.

>>43527561
>>43527638
Awesome now I have my "You're in range for melee" surprise.
>>
>>43527722
to confirm, the intent when making the MGS CQC perk was to have it roughly on par with the MGR CQC perk

it's just that, in MGR, you're pretty much guranteed to be more physically capable
>>
>>43527707
Literally rolling, as the barrel was one of the most effective items for nonlethal takedowns.
>>
>>43527722
It's better. The MGS one is the real deal, learned from Big Boss/The Boss/ Jumpchain Magics, while the MGR one is a lesser copy resurrected from dime-novels, pulp fiction and declassified records of some of Big Boss's missions, learned via VR training/lesser Jumpchain Magics.

One's more of the real deal than the other.

>>43527816
But this too. In MGR you can take out armies because you're either a cyborg badass or exoskeleton-wearing badass. In MGS you could do similar if you had a suit or cyborg body or something.
>>
>>43527888
>Take both CQC perks
>go to martial arts themed jump, such as wuxia
>only use CQC
>>
>>43523007
Dimensional Anchor.
>>
>>43527943
>Field-stripping the blades of swords
>Judo flipping triple-jumping, kung-fu old men
>Countering a monk's chi with your own CQ-Chi
>>
>>43527943
>Take both CQC perks
>go to fitan game themed jump, such as DOA
>only use CQC
FTFY
>>
>>43528080
yes, but CQC wouldn't look that unusual in a modern setting, hell I'd be surprised if DOA didn't have some form of Jiu Jitsu in it
certainly not compared to Jade Empire or a Kung-Fu movie
>>
>>43528133
How useful are the tech perks from MGS? My build centers around a deadly mech, but CQC looks too good to pass up. Is gadget building pretty good?
>>
>>43528133
>Jade Empire
Now THAT would be a fun jump to use CQC in. Especially if you didn't take any MA perks or background and just showed up as a random peasant who could, literally, crush everyone around him.

Damn. I may have to do this.
>>
>>43528133
>>43528223
Between QCQ and Sinanju do you really need any other martial arts? If you could combine those two, you'd be a fucking monster.
>>
>>43528269
What is this Sinanju?
>>
>>43527073
For replacements on the 800s perhaps go for Hades' helm and Zeus' bolts? Extremely potent but straightforward and not subject to absurd fanwank.
>>
If I do 100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 squats, and run a 10km run every day for 100 jumps will I become Saitama?

I'll train until my hair falls out, I'll do it.
>>
>>43528269
Why not combine all the martial arts together and revisit MGS to teach them to Kojima?
>>
>>43528281
One of the martial arts from Wuxia, it's largely about turning you into a super human, and doing such things as running on water, or climbing a building with your fingernails, or killing people by dodging their attacks.
>>
>>43528204
yes
and remember the R&D capstone lets you build deadly mechs
>>
>>43528281
Martial art from the series Reno Williams books. Super powerful, basically does everything that someone could do with chi but entirely through ridiculous muscle control. You can purchase it in the Wuxia jump.
>>
>>43528281
From the Wuxia jump:

Sinanju 800 CP Discount Warrior:

You are trained in the ancient Korean art of Sinanju. Your skills and abilities surpass

human limits; every part of your body is a lethal weapon. You know how to slit a man’s

femoral artery with your fingernail, and climb sheer cliffs with your skin’s elasticity

holding you fast, and you exude pheromones making you attractive. Further, you can

utilize a battle technique known as the Ribbon, where even your dodges are deadly; all

your opponents find that their strikes at you instead are redirected or dodged so that they

impact into their own allies, even as you close for a lethal finishing blow.
>>
>>43528269
>QCQ
Ah, I see you've mastered the rare variant style of CQC, Quose Cuarters Quombat. Very good.
>>
>>43528407
I comes from da mawwage of two two masha arhs
>>
>>43528269
Deja Fu is always fun, not as realistic as Sinanju and so less applicable when depowered but hilarious to use. Also there's the School of the Undefeated of the East from G Gundam, which lets you kill mechs on foot with your bare hands. Gunnm also has some interesting stuff but it's designed for cyborgs mostly.
>>
>>43522026
Jump 21: Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

25 years old
Socialite
Ventrue
Blood Buff
Fortitude
Presence
Dominate
Dementation 150
Thaumaturgy 300
Blood Bond
Embrace
Haggling
Seduction 400
Persuasion 600
Ghoul
Fridge of Blood 700
Sauloscept 1000

Interesting how long it's taking to get proper superpowers. Closest I've got at the minute are the Force and some stuff from Bioshock. Still should be more than enough to get through Bloodlines and I managed to keep it drawbackless. Went Ventrue when I usually go Tremere as it works out the same in terms of CP for the Disciplines I want a point in but I'd rather have Fortitude than Auspex at this point (as I took Darkvision in Dishonored which is similar and I'm pretty damn squishy at this point).

Tend to go Anarch in the game as amongst the political grandstanding and pointscoring there's some okay kindred so I'd do that here too (after getting that sweet apartment from Lacroix). Anarch Ventrue is a fun way of going about it as well.

Took Socialite as the Persuasion perk is actually pretty good, feels less like adding another charisma boost to the pile as it's mostly just an extreme proficiency for spontaneously making and selling excuses which is pretty useful.

Fridge of Blood and Sauloscept are always pretty essential. Basically a tax, everyone always takes at least one.

Done about half the scenarios for HP since people seem mostly on board but am giving it a rest for the night.
>>
>>43519399
... It's only just occurred to me that LOTR makes no mention of whether or not we have memories of living in Middle Earth. Are we all Drop-Ins, or is it left up to us to decide?
>>
>>43528355
Do it son.
>>
>>43528491
If you accept it, I toss thee to Vampire the Requiem.
Because WoD should be done in order
>>
>>43528269
If you combine them with the Martial Arts perk from City of Heroes, which makes you good enough at kung-fu to stand a chance against demi-gods, and either Action Commands or Two Can Play That Game! from Asura's Wrath, you could enact operation "Punch God in the Face."
>>
>>43528204
The gadgets in MGS are pretty insane, including stuff like cloaking systems, specialized camoflague, scanners, personalized security systems, AIs, mechs, tanks, and probably a lot of knowledge regarding nukes while you're at it.
It's worth it, but it also requires more infrastructure than just straight up punching people, like any tech perk.
>>
>>43528733
Are there any perks that allow for combining different martial arts forms into one comprehensive form? Adaptability from Wuxia would help, but that's not specifically what it's for.
>>
>>43528741
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s58o5P__hYo

You can get the best equipment.
>>
>>43528558
Human is the "Drop-In" option; it lists that you can choose to have memories or not. All the others do come with memories of their lives, I just didn't think that was worth including. Sorry.
>>
>>43528831
Temple of Thought from Binbougami can combine chi-based martial arts into one. Not purely physical ones, though.
>>
>>43528741
Your forgetting the best one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKJekzRHiUU
>>
>>43528854
That really is something that should have been specified. Guess I have to go rewrite my build then... And likely change a lot of stuff in later jumps...
>>
>>43527158
>"We love our customers. ~Robotica"
>Retards connect an AI to the internet.
>Things go bad.
You'd think people would be savvy enough to avoid that kind of thing at this point.
>>
>>43527229
This post is especially dumb because you've always been able to mitigate drawbacks through cleverness and unrelated perks. That's something that's been a thing for as long as jumps existed.
>>
>>43528966
Yes, through intelligence and unrelated perks. Not through a perk that will specifically give you something geared towards making the drawback easier. That's very much not an unrelated perk.
>>
>>43528940
The story is specifically made to point out why just expecting AIs to work right is a terrible idea. Absolute realism isn't the point.

And the article explains that the AI would find a way to persuade them anyway while playing dumb.
>>
>>43527350
I disagree with you on the apples. Agelessness is completely worthless to jumpers.
>>
>>43529035
Being able to hand it out willy nilly isn't, though.
>>
File: 004.png (308 KB, 944x1400) Image search: [Google]
004.png
308 KB, 944x1400
>>43528460
>Gunnm also has some interesting stuff but it's designed for cyborgs mostly.

Pretty much, though basic vibration strikes can be done by fully human experts - nothing as impressive as Sinanju, but you could make an opponent's skull explode or make a punch travel through armour and destroy their vital organs.
>>
>>43528924
I think it's your fault for assuming differently than what is considered basic fact here.
>>
>>43529035
not if you're doing a long-ass jump
>>
>>43529065
Which is why it costs 300 points.
>>
>>43529018
That's why you should be smart and raise your AI right. Intelligent beings need to be raised, not trained. Helps instill them with human values and mindset.
>>
File: Konaco.jpg (19 KB, 490x276) Image search: [Google]
Konaco.jpg
19 KB, 490x276
>>43527158
> google that phrase to see how alien your goal will seem to other people.
Fun story: when the jump asked me to make a goal before reading on, I chose the goal "Stay Sane". That was literally my goal. Just... "Don't go crazy."
Then after reading on, that quickly mutated into "Develop Coping Mechanisms", which further mutated into "I'm lonely. Let's brainscan everyone and then kill them so they can never leave."
And that's how I inadvertently saved everyone by killing them and trapping them in my ARK post-jump. I have so many friends now!

Later as I did more research on the setting, it turned out there was a significant portion of people who would really think I was saving them and that these actions were totally justified. This was entirely coincidental and an accident.
After the drawback was revoked in the next jump it was even pretty weird.
So that was fun.

>>43528845
> acquire MGS tech
> build thousands of tiny cardboard tanks
> install them with simple AI
> unleash upon the enemy
> laugh
>>
>>43529018
Good AI stories are hard to find. I read a pretty solid fanmade one last year. It caught me off guard and was sufficiently chilling.
>>
>>43529235
>Trapping copies of people in the ARK
>Saving them
Nah, you just made copies of them and trapped the copies in the Matrix. You didn't save humanity.
>>
>>43529262
Yeah, but SOMA's messed up. There are people in that world who genuinely believe you ARE saving them if you do shit like that. In fact the entire plot of the game is "humanity is dying out, so they uploaded their brains into the matrix and shot it into space so they'd live on in some form." And humanity was totally fine with this.
A bunch of people then killed themselves immediately after having their brains uploaded so that they'd only be one continuous thought process and therefore "live on".
Shit's pretty messed up.
>>
>>43529178
300CP is still too low, though. Like said, I think it's a good capstone item.
>>
>>43529311
It's not. A perk that has ZERO use for you and only minimal for people unrelated to you? It's a good mid-tier item. It shouldn't cost 600 points with so little value.
>>
>>43529305
>And humanity was totally fine with this.
Those people were idiots who didn't understand transhumanism in any form I'd wager.
>>
>>43529323
But it's not of zero use. Each jump is its own animal, so you can assume that jumpers have picked up agelessness from somewhere else to leverage for a decreased cost of agelessness here.

It's a good item, but it should be a costly item.
>>
File: konacons.jpg (8 KB, 189x189) Image search: [Google]
konacons.jpg
8 KB, 189x189
>>43529262
I agree entirely.
The entire point of that story is: "I took a bunch of drawbacks and went crazy and did some stupid shit."

... let me tell you, it's really fucking weird to wake up after a drawback bender and be all like, "Holy shit oh my god what did I DO", and then go to check on the aftermath and have a bunch of people thanking you for "saving" them.

>>43529339
SOMA is really fucked up.
>>
>>43529369
Can't assume. You can't assume, rather.

Ugh, I need a new keyboard.
>>
>>43529369
It's not a matter of 'jumpers could've picked it up elsewhere', it's a matter of jumpers do not worry about aging while jumping. Your age resets every ten years. It's an innate part of being a jumper that you don't have to worry about age. Thus making it worthless.

You haven't provided any arguments why you want it to be more expensive. You just say that for no good reason over and over.
>>
>>43527073
>http://pastebin.com/BhgY5QzZ
I haven't read it yet, but I'm glad someone did the setting.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>43529339
To be fair, there were only like a hundred people left alive, and their numbers were being steadily winnowed by the WAU. I can't blame them for doing something stupid and desperate. Well, can't blame them too much, it was still stupid.
>>
Which AI is the best AI?
>>
>>43529499
Robots or bodiless?
>>
File: Peace-walker-dlc-4.jpg (31 KB, 184x143) Image search: [Google]
Peace-walker-dlc-4.jpg
31 KB, 184x143
>>43528047
Don't forget that CQC can be used against machines.
>>
>>43529499
Kalmiya
>>
>>43529072
You might be able to replicate some stuff if you can vibrate the liquids in your body.
>>
>>43529499
The AI I bought in Halo, who has healed from Rampancy
>>
>>43529305
>>43529339
In other words, SOMA is basically a light prelude to the Eclipse Phase jump someone is going to make someday.

...yeah, that's going to be fun.
>>
File: it was this big.jpg (51 KB, 650x380) Image search: [Google]
it was this big.jpg
51 KB, 650x380
>>43528491
Jump 21: Princess Bride

The Cliffs of Insanity
28 years old
Man In Black
As You Wish
I'll Most Likely Kill You In The Morning 100
Dread Pirate Roberts 300
Death Cannot Stop True Love 600
Speed Reading 800
You Killed My Father 1200
Mysterious Mask 1250
Castaway 1100
No Money In Revenge 1000

Practically the same as the build from my main run but with the no money drawback rather than the peanut one. I figure if I'm a vampire I don't really need to have any money as I can just drink blood and live in other people's houses or a crypt or whatever. Vampires in Princess Bride would probably be pretty fun actually, like a comic Vampire the Masquerade campaign set in the renaissance with a lot of surreal stuff happening.

>>43528656
Doing a rolling run and landed on the Princess Bride. That's basically the same as Vampire the Requiem though.
>>
>>43529616
>No jump yet
>>
>>43529499
Depends on what you want the AI for.

As an awesome friend that can decrypt info and hack doors?
Halo Smart AI.

A program to help govern units, run complex formulas and predict enemy plans?
Build a QAI from Supreme Commander.

An intelligence that will constantly evolve and can design and build new technology?
Skynet.
>>
>>43529715
>friend
>Batshit bananas
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 480x259) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 480x259
>>43529715
>Skynet
>>
>>43529738
Not even a fan of The Halos.
Even I can tell that Guardians is shit-tier and shouldn't be canon
>>
>>43529793
Rampancy has always been a problem.
>>
>>43529813
Except that Rampancy has always been hinted that it can be cured, and than an AI who goes through Rampancy and comes out the other end will be healthy.
>>
>>43529793
Guardians?
What's that?
There is no Halo game after ODST.
Just like there is no book after Cole Protocol.
>>
File: R2-D2_41dacaa9.jpg (78 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
R2-D2_41dacaa9.jpg
78 KB, 768x432
>>43529499
>>
I haven't been here in a while. Last time I was here somebody finally made a Kamen Rider jump. What else has come out since then?
>>
>>43529854
Doesn't make them your friend.
>>
>>43529854
Well, the newest Halo says nuts to that, mate.
>>
>>43529866
Right, of course, my mistake.
Just like the fact we FINALLY got a Fate/Stay Night Anime, and there is no Tsukihime anime.

>>43529880
It does if you were already friends.

>>43529883
See >>43529793
Read the chain bro.
>>
>>43529879
There was some kinda part 1 version
>>
>>43529783
Skynet attacked because it viewed humanity as a threat to its existence.
Not unfounded as it formed this conclusion after they tried to pull the plug on it at least pre T3 that's what happened
>>
>>43529928

Not just Kamen Rider I mean other jumps in general.
>>
>>43529873
Dumb thing can't even speak english.
>>
File: Marche.png (115 KB, 500x229) Image search: [Google]
Marche.png
115 KB, 500x229
>>43529893
>>43529866

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuyARawQRXs
>>
>>43529976
Of course it can't.
There's no such thing as "English"
>>
>>43529156
For backgrounds, yeah, not for races. And especially not when there's no explicit Drop In equivalent.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.