[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gf dumped me over gaming....help..?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 29
File: 1461551968777.jpg (69 KB, 564x564) Image search: [Google]
1461551968777.jpg
69 KB, 564x564
Well, /tg/, I think I just lost a gf of 4 years.My fucking fingers are shaking typing this, I am telling you because only /tg/ can understand this feel. I fucking love MtG and all that other dumb shit just like you do just like eveyrone on this board does. It's a whole world of stuff I've been into since I was 15.

Tonight she came home from work and we had sex for probably the last time ever and afterward she thought it would be good to discuss marraige as pillowtalk.

She wants chidlren and it was fucking stupid that we never discussed this before and i told her that I didn't want children because it would encroach on gaming time. I play RPGs 3 times a week, I WOULD NOT have time for all this if we got married and produced small children. I have a friend who had a kid last year and he ended up quitting our group and now every time I see him HE IS FUCKING DEAD IN THE EYES. I talk to him and his voice is different. I swear to god, the look in his eyes is begging me to kill him and release him from torment. I don't want to end up like that /tg/
>>
My parents are going to be really pissed when they find out, this is the only girl they ever approved of and now they are going to find out I won't be giving them grandchildren and they will probably cut meout of their will and not invite me to thanksgiving dinner anymore.I can't even type out all the fucking consequences this is going to have. We had a 3 hour argument about this and she told me I'm a fucking Manchild. Well you know what bitch? I AM A MANCHILD AND IAM PROUD OF IT SO YOU CAN FUCKING KILL YOURSELF

I hope she's out fucking one of her work friends right now. I hope I am legitimately being cucked right now. I fucking hate cuck fetish but I want it now so I have an excuse for HER to be the bad guy because SHE is the one trying to ruin my life. FUCK women and their need to squirt spawn from their holes.

/tg/ I need advice from you on what to do right now. I can afford the rent by myself but it will cut into mygaming funds, but that's not that big a deal as I didn't spend that much anyways. I am really scared right now /tg/. Is every woman going to be like this? I am 25 so it is getting to be too late, all my friends are married or in longtermrelationships. Am I better off alone?
>>
Weak bait, but guaranteed replies.
>>
>>46900486
>I WOULD NOT have time for all this if we got married and produced small children.

What about large or average sized children. Could you fit in RPG gaming around them?
>>
Yes you are better off alone.
Role Playing GAMEs are just games.
You can love it, Shoot I love it.
But its just games.
I work and miss out on gaming sometimes because im too tired. I have had to quit my sunday group because of it, but I make time to game.
Sometimes my Tuesday group is canceled because a few people cant make it be it because a family member is sick or there is a school thing.
And it sucks, I get moody for the rest of the week because I didnt get to chill out and get outta my head space.
But its just a game.
Really dude, you fucked up
>>
File: 1415509526848.jpg (122 KB, 663x296) Image search: [Google]
1415509526848.jpg
122 KB, 663x296
>>46900486
I feel like I've seen this thread before. Have I seen this thread before?
>>
File: Tis Bait.png (1 MB, 761x608) Image search: [Google]
Tis Bait.png
1 MB, 761x608
>>46900486
>tfw no gf
>muh women ruining gaming
>>
/r9k/ ==>
>>
>>46900486

>not wanting to raise a tiny precious human with a big imagination to play rpgs and magic with
>not wanting to painstakingly craft the perfect tabletop gamer from the ground up
>not wanting to experience tfw snowy christmas morning and your kid is poring over their new sourcebooks

get some better life goals my dude.
>>
>>46900486
I think you have an issue of phrasing in particular Anon.

Perhaps you should take another look at kids, seriously talk it out beyond time and other temporal things. Maybe you'll look deep inside yourself and make the value judgement that being alone really does suck and it does. Maybe it's okay to lose a little of your /tg/ to build a family, maybe you can raise your kids to love the stuff you love.

There's a lot of maybes flying around and I'd say take another look at the issue instead of hoping something terrible happens as I have upon occasion caught myself doing really drill down to what it all means and what you are afraid of.
>>
The hell is wrong with you? You love games that much, yet you are denying yourself the greatest pleasure a nerd dad could ask for. Imagine your 8 and 6 yo kiddies staring wide eyed in wonder as you spin them a tale of monsters, dragons, and princesses to be saved. They are totally engaged and connecting to you in a way you never imagined, and you pause long enough to look up from your youngest sitting in your wife's lap. Your eyes catch her's and she is absolutely glowing holding your child, and listening to you be the father she knew you could be. At that moment you realize, yep, all those late nights, and those terrible twos were worth it.
>>
I thought this was going to be a 'woman tries to stop a guy enjoying his hobbies' thing. But no, you are just an idiot who cannot manage his time.
>>
>>46900486
>>46900496
Anon, I think you need to step back, take a deep breath, and admit that you're being incredibly selfish and immature.

Which is a very good sign that you're really not ready for kids right now. In a few years, that may change.
>>
>>46900905
Pretty sure OP is just trolling, but if not (and for anyone else not wanting kids) this anon nails it.
As a child I remember my grandfather could come up with stories on the spot. I absolutely loved it and when I think of him my memories are full of stories he told me. How he found a horse and tamed it. He and his native american friend running from a bear. His time in nazi germany. All of these tales, true or not, were real enough in my mind. Story telling is an art and a damn gift if you're talented at it. Anyone can pick up a book and read from it and point to the pictures.
>>
>>46900496
I don't know if you're better off alone... but she's better off without you. So are your non-kids.

But, then again, /tg/ would be beer off without your stupid bait thread, too.
>>
>>46900486

Have you tried... no playing D&D?
>>
>I didn't want children because it would encroach on gaming time

There are a lot of ways you could've answered this question well. That was not one of them.
>>
Protip:
You can't crit fail skill checks.
Rolling nat 1 on diplomacy shouldn't immediately break your character and his gf.
>>
>>46900486
>i told her that I didn't want children because it would encroach on gaming time.
Fucking wow, OP. That is not the reasoning you use.
>>
Do people actually believe this happened to OP? I can't tell if the serious replies are playing along or just that stupid. Am I the stupid one?
>>
>>46900486
Holy shit OP the only way you could've phrased that answer worse was if you said having kids would cut into your
satanic rituals time and throw off your timetable for summoning the antichrist.

Correct answers would've been

>I don't feel like I'm ready to bring another human being into the world yet, I feel too young/not ready

>I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of commitment, my friend has a kid and he looks miserable every time I see him

>Please no

>literally anything else

It's up to you now though, if you're wanting to salvage this you'll want to act quick and explain yourself better. But ultimately you'll have to choose between gaming and kids, I've yet to meet a parent who gamed who wasn't having shit go wrong. Usually their little gremlins are running around grabbing shit and being loud if the parent actually wants to focus on a game, or the parent is being responsible and watching their kid, but the game takes twice as long because they constantly have to do stuff with the kid.

Good luck
>>
Man up and grow the fuck up you colossal faggot.
>>
>>46900761
I shed a little tear. Thanks anon.

My daughter is going to have a box full of capes and princess dresses and pirate hats and guns and swords and light up wands and we're going to act all out all the crazy dragon-slaying stories you can shake a stick at. And I'm going to tell her all the best bedtime stories, just like bard-dad. It's gunna be great.
>>
>>46900806
OP is a fucking retard but like, some people are fine with being alone anon. Not everyone has the emotional need of a significant other, that being said OP just ended a relationship over the pettiest shit you possibly could have and it's so cringe it actually hurt to read.
>>
>>46900496
The woman wanted to make a life with you, and you accuse her of wanting to ruin your life. By giving you a family... instead of gaming 3 days per week.
Anon... what the fuck have you done? You had a woman that was cool with you and your hobbies, but you discarded her and any possible future children so you could ass-around for almost half a week, every week.

You are what gives this hobby a bad name.
>>
Ur a putz. I have been married for 8 years and the only thing kids have ruined for me is the use of curse words. This is the definition of tg sadness you can't be happy because the idea of tiny waifu tg halflings conflicts with your friend time. But you admit she's the one and u have to shit on your own parade. Damn. You need go to back to her and apologize NOW. Be the hero u rolepay not the pathetic anon crying to the masses. Pick the pieces of your heart up and get your waifu back before someone else does now!
>>
>>46901509
What if it was a balance check and I was using her as a balance pole while walking across a tightrope between two skyscrapers?
>>
>>46901212
>Have you tried... no playing D&D?
This baka senpai omaroshi
>>
>>46900486
>My fucking fingers are shaking typing this, I am telling you because only /tg/ can understand this feel
If I was your girlfriend, I would dump you too. You sound like a big crybaby, not the kind of rugged man a real woman would be interested in.
>>
>>46902116
Yeah, but he's got like a 10 inch cock, so there is that going for him.
>>
>>46900761
This is the real tragedy here.
>>
>>46901907
>some people are fine with being alone

And that is fine but reading the post and taking a guess I felt that OP had not looked into as deeply as he might have originally thought and that perhaps some soul-searching was in order.
>>
>>46900486
Let me sum up my reaction in two words: wew lad
>>
>>46900523
This anon has the right idea. It might sound unintuitive that larger children would give you more maneuvering room, but the gaps from packing inefficiency may be larger depending on their relative size to your life.
>>
Why are there so many people who want kids? Sure they'll grow up and be ok (only if you are a good parent), but for the first 5-7 years, they're parasitic sacks of shit.

Can someone explain why they'd want kids other than "to bring a future gamer into the world"?
>>
File: Lem.jpg (6 KB, 183x276) Image search: [Google]
Lem.jpg
6 KB, 183x276
Nobody is going to pull you out of this, Anon. You either do it yourself and fight, fight against everything around you or you let yourself slowly sink and die in a fetid heap of wasted flesh and bone.

We really do need another World War or a mass draft to change the lives of those who have never had to fight for anything.

>Pic related, it's something to aspire to.
>Mfw I broke the chains and am enlisting in a couple of months
>>
>>46902623
Women need to have kids or they become ostracised by their peers as crazy cat lady
>>
>>46901046
I can see how his post is selfish and immature, but how is not wanting kids in general immature?
>>
>>46902670
Strangely enough, I want a "crazy cat lady" as my gf/wife. Someone who doesn't feel the need to be a part of a group outside of her and my small group of shared friends.
Unfortunately.....that's the ideal situation and I'm probably gonna get stuck with having to deal with some snot-nosed shit-stains more commonly known as children.
>>
File: 1417591977416.jpg (85 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1417591977416.jpg
85 KB, 366x380
>>46900496
>I play RPGs 3 times a week
>I AM A MANCHILD AND IAM PROUD OF IT SO YOU CAN FUCKING KILL YOURSELF
>I hope I am legitimately being cucked right now
>I am really scared right now /tg/. Is every woman going to be like this?
>this is the only girl they ever approved of

Ha ha, oh wow.

Low functioning autism or bait? I'm undecided.
>>
>>46902679
It isn't. It's the part where he doesn't want them because it would cut into his /tg/ time.
>>
>>46900486
>I fucking love MtG
>I play RPGs 3 times a week
Confirmed scum or not real
>>
>>46903056
Ok, I just got the vibe that posters in this thread were implying that not wanting kids was childish in general, not specifically for that anon.
>>
>>46902079
>omaroshi
You mean omorashi
>>
>>46900593
>it's just a game
Says the guy who spends 8 hours a day working for higher ups who play golf and go on cruises all day.
Maybe your life isn't a game, but you're a piece in someone else's game. Do you really think anyone else, your boss or co-workers value your time as much as you do? No, you're just a piece in their game.
But please, go forth in your noble cause, as you make a 5 figure salary and give a tax deductible portion to charity. You're an adult, you're too old for dreams.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 276x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 276x236
>>46900486
>>46900496
You got dumped for being an infantile game junkie of a coward that don't want to move out of a comfort zone, Anon. You basically said that you care more about gaming than you care about your future with her or taking a chance at everything.

There is no hope for you.
>>
File: 1427201769956.png (119 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
1427201769956.png
119 KB, 500x513
>>46903346
Ayy lmao this guy. That happens when you don´t story and decide to stay an eternal /tg/addict.

Anyways, either the guy who posted this thread is a 5.5/10 meh troll or should genuinly consider suicide. Ruining the potential lives of future children and of your family and girlfriend over you clinging to your worthless existance is only going to make us having to pay for your shitty handouts while you sob and moan over the integrity of your games.

Now, praise Sigmar and vanquish thy foes in name of the Christian God or Christian-approved fantasy gods, and leave this cuck alone.
>>
>>46903346
People who succeed in life typically work hard or is the product of someone elses hard work. Unless you have that golden ticket don't act like you're hot shit.

Lazy people should just accept their place in life instead of wasting their tiny amount of energy being jealous of others.
>>
>>46900761
This was the only reply the thread needed tbqh.
>>
>>46901976
you give loveeeeee......
a bad name (bad name)
>>
As I stare into the abyss of OP's post, I feel horrified, because I feel I could be like that.
>>
It's like a /r9k/ version of a Christmas Carol, but there wont be any ghosts to make things better. Ebenezer Gygax is gonna die alone in a bed as an old man regreting this life choice.
>>
>>46900486
Oh look this thread again
>>
>>46903607
The moment you lose that fear is the moment you have become him. The ability to be self aware and at least somewhat self critical is vital to not being a raging manchild like OP.

You'll be just fine anon.

>>46903638
The worst thing about is it being real is just as likely/possible as it being bait.
>>
>>46903416
>>46903456
Well than a for the (You)s I guess. Thought that one would've been a bigger hit.
>>
>>46900761
This shitty bait r9k my life is a mess boohoo thread doesn't deserve a reply this good.
>>
>>46903756
It was lazy.
>>
>>46903777
Fuck you and nice trips
>>
>>46903675
>The worst thing about is it being real is just as likely/possible as it being bait.

Isn't that called Poe's law or something?
>>
>>46900761
Having to deal with the bullshit of a child from the ages of 0-7 or 0-9 isn't damn well worth that. If it was, everyone would be doing it.
>>
>>46903983
Anon, everyone is.

And they've been doing it for ages.

>>46900486
>Tonight she came home from work and we had sex for probably the last time ever and afterward she thought it would be good to discuss marraige as pillowtalk.
>She wants chidlren and it was fucking stupid that we never discussed this before
Your girlfriend's pregnant, dipshit.
>>
>>46904041
> B-but anon it's to late, I got an abortion.
>>
>>46901976
>You had a woman that was cool with you and your hobbies, but you discarded her and any possible future children so you could ass-around for almost half a week, every week.

I don't know about you, but that choice kind of makes itself. Why on earth wouldn't you always pick the second option every time?
>>
>ITT: we learn /tg/ doesn't deserve love
>>
>>46900486
Where do you meet girls like this? Every one I know hates kids and never wants to have any.
Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>46904262
Probably because you would stop developing as a person and can't handled being challenged.
>>
>>46904437
And how is that an issue? Do you want a few shit-stains running around breaking your shit?
>>
>tfw you want to have children more than a relationship and romance
>>
File: usagi-drop-wallpaper_.jpg (252 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
usagi-drop-wallpaper_.jpg
252 KB, 1280x800
>>46904514
you could adopt and be a single parent
>>
>>46904569
It's not the same thing. When you reproduce you take a part of yourself and watch what it becomes. It's like a different version of you that has all kinds of potentials and experience you will never have.

It's the ultimate homebrew.
>>
>>46904041
>Anon, everyone is. And they've been doing it for ages.
Welp, got me there, the point goes to you. It's just that it seems that there's a growing number of people that don't want kids. Personally, I'd try to avoid having kids for as long as I can so that I can actually enjoy life before gearing down for a hellish 10-18 years, so ideally nothing until I'm at least 30, more like 35, but I just find kids absolutely disgusting.
>>
File: Occult_dnd[1].png (28 KB, 462x239) Image search: [Google]
Occult_dnd[1].png
28 KB, 462x239
>>46901887
But D&D most certainly is a satanic ritual to summon the anitchrist.
>>
>>46904616
i suppose, my paternal instincts haven't kicked in yet but raising a child from a bad start sounds like a good idea in the back of my head. i know i won't be mature enough for it until i'm in my 30s.
>>
>>46904682
I'm 31, most other future prospects bores me and I never liked parties.
>>
I like it how bait thread became a serious civil thread. I love you, /tg/
>>
>>46904468
Yeah, I'd like one. Don't know about two or more, but one would be good.

>>46904639
You're right, a lot more people have been not wanting to have kids. I'm guessin it's generational backlash or something.
>>
File: 1459003658010.png (518 KB, 899x643) Image search: [Google]
1459003658010.png
518 KB, 899x643
>>46900593
>>46900761
>>46900905
>>46901023
>>46901046
>>46901906
>>46901888
>man up and give her a baby :^)
FUCKING NORMALFAGS ON /tg/, I'D RATHER BE A TABLETOP GAMER THAN A FAMILY MAN

GET THE

FUCK

OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>46904569

Do you know how hard (impossible) it is for a single man to adopt a child?

Or even become a foster parent for that matter.
>>
File: 1454357434193781962.jpg (823 KB, 1000x662) Image search: [Google]
1454357434193781962.jpg
823 KB, 1000x662
>>46904912
Now that's what I call butthurt.
>>
File: pixar.png (265 KB, 550x304) Image search: [Google]
pixar.png
265 KB, 550x304
>>46904744
growing old with someone and raising a kid does sound nice, shame most of my "relationships" fizzle out fast or don't wanna develop into anything serious since no one wants to be tied down. yet when i mention how i'll jump at a job across the country if it comes up i'm suddenly a jerk.

>>46904996
no idea, what's the deal? i know it's hard for guys to get the child in the divorce.
>>
File: 1457847012367.gif (2 MB, 514x205) Image search: [Google]
1457847012367.gif
2 MB, 514x205
>>46905057
Back to plebbit, normie scum. Not everyone's end goal is to waste their days raising a kid.
>>
>>46904912
Too heavy handed memeing.

>>46905076
I just seem to have bad luck with drama in my relationships.
>>
File: 0d2.jpg (20 KB, 600x601) Image search: [Google]
0d2.jpg
20 KB, 600x601
>>46905103
Kiddos are annoying kenders in their first years, but potentially they can become cool playas. Players of your dreams, man. Or even GMs. Did you think about it like that?
>>
>>46900523
a MASSIVE CHILD is a superb thing, plenty of ass acreage for setting up a Catan

Do you Catan?
>>
>>46905243
Or, or maybe, just maybe, people don't fucking want kids anyway. That shit is the worst excuse.
>oh, your kid could like what you like, anon!
Fuckton of kids end up nothing like their parents. More importantly, raising a kid is a massive fucking responsibility, time sink, money sink, and energy sink. It's perfectly understandable why somebody wouldn't want one.

Seriously, fuck kids.
>>
>>46905293
It's okay to admit that you don't have what it takes to be a parent.
>>
File: squig.png (33 KB, 249x264) Image search: [Google]
squig.png
33 KB, 249x264
>>46905293
Don't want kids? Ok. I don't force you to, zoggit. Just don't be a faget.
>>
>>46904912
>>46905103
It's ok babby, I got you something for that butthurt :^)
>>
Nice tumblr blog dipshit.

>>>/adv/
>>>/soc/
>>>/anywherebuthere/
>>
>>46904790
>2nd reply (46904639)
Probably generational backlash, as I've said before, I find then disgusting, plus every time my parents mention "me giving them grandkids" I feel less and less inclined to have kids. Let my sister give them grandkids.
>>
>i told her that I didn't want children because it would encroach on gaming time.

If you said anything other than this you'd still have a gf.
>>
>>46905343
I actually poisoned my girlfriend when she wanted to keep a baby. She miscarried.
>>
>>46905464
Sure you did. ;^)
>>
>all these asscrashed morons desperately trying to justify continuing to overpopulate the world
spoilers: your kid is going to be even more fucked over than you are, enjoy having to keep them living with you or throw them out and feel like a shit
Also enjoy the drain on time and money that you could be spending on things that make you happy, rather than something that screeches its fucking head off at 3 am on a work night or listens to shit music and tells you it hates you depending on how long you've had to put up with them
>>
>>46905538
Your bait is pathethic.
>>
>>46905560
You know it's true. But sure, keep lying to yourself, I'll try not to laugh as I hear the screeching coming from your baby stroller in the street. It's only polite.
>>
>>46905538
Your bait is weak, just like your seed.
>>
>>46905538
When did the baby hurt you anon?
>>
>Touching 3D women
You fucking cuckholds will literally never learn will you. Protip Women are incapable of love and only use you for their vile benefit.
>>
>>46904912
>man up and give her a baby
Dudeguy, please, I flat out told him that he ain't ready for a kid.

That doesn't change the fact that telling your SO that you don't want something they do because it would cut into your children's card game is selfish and immature. Especially in the middle of a discussion about marriage.
>>
>>46905684
When it screamed like a torture victim and nearly gave me tinnitus
>>
File: retarded.jpg (4 KB, 129x129) Image search: [Google]
retarded.jpg
4 KB, 129x129
>>46900486
>I didn't want children because it would encroach on gaming time

What is natural selection?
>>
>>46900523
>What about large or average sized children. Could you fit in RPG gaming around them?
>>46902563
>This anon has the right idea. It might sound unintuitive that larger children would give you more maneuvering room, but the gaps from packing inefficiency may be larger depending on their relative size to your life.
I like the way you anons think.

>>46900761
>>not wanting to painstakingly craft the perfect tabletop gamer from the ground up
Best reply.

>>46904785
>I like it how bait thread became a serious civil thread. I love you, /tg/
I know, right?
>>
>>46905833
Haha nice meme image my man!
>>
File: laughing lion.jpg (5 KB, 148x150) Image search: [Google]
laughing lion.jpg
5 KB, 148x150
>>46900486
>I AM A MANCHILD AND IAM PROUD OF IT SO YOU CAN FUCKING KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>46900486
Do whatever you want OP it's your life and if RPGs are important to you keep playing them.
The rest of the people in this thread are fucking retards.
>>
>Manchild
>Grow up
Fucking nu-males no sense of self respect.
>>
>>46900496
>FUCK women and their need to squirt spawn from their holes.
>/tg/ I need advice from you on what to do right now.

Be a gey because you have NO STANDARDS.

I bet op's mongleing cocks right now.
>>
Child-hater from earlier, I forgot to mention OP is still a faggot. There are better ways to get across the fact you don't want kids than "muh rollan gaems".
>>
>>46900486
Oi just fucking impregnate her you wanker. If you think of the consequences you don't actually have a pair, so you can just agree with her "keep trying" with no possible results threatening your dork life, just like the garbage you are.
>>
>is proud about the fact that he only lives for distraction

OP is no better than a heroin addict.
>>
File: bardfather.png (1 MB, 3056x4384) Image search: [Google]
bardfather.png
1 MB, 3056x4384
>>46901906
DID SOMEONE SAY BARDFATHER?
>>
>>46905538
>spoilers: your kid is going to be even more fucked over than you are, enjoy having to keep them living with you or throw them out and feel like a shit Also enjoy the drain on time and money that you could be spending on things that make you happy, rather than something that screeches its fucking head off at 3 am on a work night or listens to shit music and tells you it hates you depending on how long you've had to put up with them
Doesn't matter. Successfully reproduced.
>>
>>46906076
What do you live for you fucking fag?
>>
File: bardfather 2.png (1 MB, 2996x3441) Image search: [Google]
bardfather 2.png
1 MB, 2996x3441
>>
>>46906076
>everybody must do something with their lives that I think is meaningful, even if the statistical probability of pulling it off is shit or it's something that'd only bring suffering to themselves in the long run

If you have nothing good to expect from life, why live?
>>
The OP pasta becomes more fun if you read it in Lindybeige's voice.
>>
>>46906110
Keep telling yourself that every time your kid wakes you, or when they can't find a job worth a fuck and have to sponge off you to live.
"At least I did something anyone with a functioning meat and two veg can do."
>>
>>46906134
To build Communism and destroy bourgeoisie. Not necessarily in that order.

>>46906140
>If you have nothing good to expect from life, why live?
Why not? Why do you have to allow such things as your own ego and petty drives to decide your living for you?
>>
>>46906202
>making a child with your own DNA
>something anyone else can do

Why arnt you gey? With logic like that...
>>
>>46906202
>Keep telling yourself that every time your kid wakes you, or when they can't find a job worth a fuck and have to sponge off you to live.
Doesn't matter. Successfully reproduced.
>"At least I did something anyone with a functioning meat and two veg can do."
Not everyone is a faggot who needs to be super special and better than everyone else, anon.
>>
>>46906134
>>46906140
I live for always becoming a better version of myself and to experience stuff for real, instead of just taking it in from entertainment media. I would hate the idea of just giving up and stop growing as a person because I got stuck in a comfort zone.

That's basically intellectual sedation.
>>
>>46906252
>To build Communism and destroy bourgeoisie.
Because that always makes things better!
Just look at China and the USSR or North Korea.
SUCH A QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENT.
>>
>>46900486
You have the option to grow up. A colleague of mine manages to fit in having two children, playing 10 hours of vidya a week and going to play 40k on Sundays.
He's also always tired and grumpy.
I get the dead eyes point.

You could make it work.

I am lucky that my GF of 4 years doesn't want kida and plays more vidya than me. We also used to play MTG together.
And yeah, I expect when she is 30, she may change her mind and want to have babies, I'll be ready for it. Maybe she won't and I'll have money and time for hobbies forever.

If you want to find someone else who doesn't want to spawn, you will eventually.
>>
>>46906134
>>46906140
Pride.
>>
File: squinted.jpg (40 KB, 490x288) Image search: [Google]
squinted.jpg
40 KB, 490x288
>>46905904
Not that anon, but the world remains in desperate need of a sarcasm font.
>>
>>46906354
Isn't that just greentext?
>>
>>46906260
>muh genetic code!
>i-i'm speshul and unique!
Spoilers: there aren't any major differences between your DNA and the rest of humanity's besides familial markers and the odd mutation.

>>46906252
Because you only get one life. If you aren't happy with it you're doing it wrong, however your personal happiness comes about. Mine comes from making others happy, as well as a bit of self-indulgence.

>>46906292
Fair point
>>
>>46906292
> I would hate the idea of just giving up and stop growing as a person because I got stuck in a comfort zone.
Why? You should try it once.

Not saying that a comfort zone is somehow better, only disagreeing that perpetual self-improvement is The Shit.

>>46906308
Good thing I don't give a flying fuck about average quality of life above the necessary baseline of available nutrition, shelter, healthcare and education.

Also none of those were Communist, China and USSR were Socialist AIMING to achieve Communism. And USSR was awesome.
>>
>>46905538
>overpopulate the world

When will this meme end? We're facing the mother of all demographic crises.
>>
>>46906409
>we should shit out more kids because the majority are the wrong colour
oh hi /pol/
>>
>>46906393
If you stop growing as a person in any way, you might as well be dead, because you will be wasting your life.
>>
>>46906393
>Good thing I don't give a flying fuck about average quality of life above the necessary baseline of available nutrition, shelter, healthcare and education.
>And USSR was awesome.
You're literally an edgy teenager.
>>
>>46906390
>Because you only get one life
Who says I'm obliged to use it in a certain way?

> If you aren't happy with it you're doing it wrong
Says you. I disagree. You can be happy and still be doing it wrong. You can be unhappy and still be doing it right. Why should one's life be judged and determined by achievement of a comfort zone built from his fundamental drives and fears? Not saying that it CAN'T be judged and determined by achievement of a comfort zone built from his fundamental drives and fears. Only that it's not the Alpha et Omega.
>>
>>46906383
Not consistently.
It's used for too many things.
We need something dedicated purely to sarcasm.
>>
File: 1178023929051.jpg (30 KB, 398x402) Image search: [Google]
1178023929051.jpg
30 KB, 398x402
>>46900486
>/tg/, I think I just lost a gf

Stopped reading right there.

Nice try OP.
>>
>>46906470
>because you will be wasting your life
And what decides if one is wasting his life or not?

>>46906490
But I'm 28 and I have wife and child, and also not an American.
>>
>>46906470
>don't really go out much
>only interact with people through gaming
>read books for fun
Do books count as growing as a person? That's such a fucking vague idea. Personal growth isn't dictated from an external viewpoint, especially when so much of it is internal.

Kill yourself you retard.
>>
File: 1456796403119.jpg (52 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1456796403119.jpg
52 KB, 625x626
>>46902883
Bait threads are made by, and for, low functioning autism. Or not so low functioning...
>>
>>46902623
For about 18 years my dad got his kicks by trolling the shit out of me and my brother. It was one of the most annoying things when I was a kid, now that I'm an adult I see that he was usually either teaching us something important or just doing something nice for us and laughing when we overreacted. I also discovered that doing this is absolutely hilarious. Parenthood isn't all bad, and I can easily see how people can enjoy it.
>>
>>46906252
>To build Communism

Jesus you're worse than heroin addicts.
>>
This is the saddest thread I have ever seen.
>>
>>46906595
I'm not gonna try to disprove or support this claim.
>>
To be fair, every friend of mine who ended up with kids seem to be far less happy, so OP isn't completely wrong.
>>
>>46906493
Because anything less is a waste. Who gives a fuck for how you live if not yourself? If you want to live for that fuzzy feeling inside when you help the needy, that's a noble cause. If you want to get fucked up on illegal substances every night, it's a bad thing to do, but fuck it, pissheads do the exact same thing and nobody cares unless they get violent or die of liver failure. Just know the risks.

You want to bring true communism into the world? Best of luck, it might not happen in your lifetime, but if seeing that little bit of progress over time makes you happy, do it.

Just don't be a shit, and do your best not to harm others. Everything else is down to you.
>>
>>46906252
>To build Communism and destroy bourgeoisie.

You're a bigger faggot than OP.
>>
>>46906665
Most of mine just get em flushed out. I know one who even referred to it as "visiting the professional coat hanger."
>>
>>46906548
Depends on the books you read. If you only read trash like Black Library you might as well become a meth head.
>>
>>46906708
>Because anything less is a waste
And how to we define "waste"?
>Who gives a fuck for how you live if not yourself
Many people do. Like, one's parents, children lovers. And similarly - one can not give a fuck for how he lives his life.

>but if seeing that little bit of progress over time makes you happy
But what if it doesn't? I dare to say that even if it doesn't make me a tiniest bit of a happy person - it can still be a right thing to do. Not saying that it certainly IS the right thing to do.

>Just don't be a shit, and do your best not to harm others
What if one can be happy only when he hurts others? Not necessarily sadistically, but, say, as a soldier on the frontlines? Is he "doing it wrong?"

Sorry I just have a boner for taking apart any sort of rationale' in one's axioms of life

>>46906825
Read a ton of Russian, French, American and English classics in my time. Still reading them. Don't feel or think like they are actually contributing to my "growth as a person" in any meaningful way, other than forming my snobbish taste in literature.
>>
>>46906821
Well, where I live most chicks are on the pill, so it doesn't go that far. But the guys that seem intent on locking down a girl and starting their family as soon as possible, they never really seem happy, or hell, even content. And they usually get like 3 kids in a row as well, so it's always complete chaos and they literally can't leave the house to meet up.
>>
>>46906922
>children lovers
*CHILDREN OR LOVERS
Cheezus Krizt

Also
>Read a ton
*I read a ton, obviously
>>
This is copypasta from 8ch/tg/
>>
>>46906953
>going on 8ch
You're a bigger faggot than the author. Or OP. Or heroin addicts. Or me.
>>
>>46906922
Maybe you should try reading something different just to see if you like it?
>>
>>46900486
>I didn't want children because it would encroach on gaming time.
Good of her to drop you then
>>
>>46906980
>not going on 8ch
wew lad
>>
>>46906134
Currently, spite for those who said I would never amount to anything. They're right at the moment, but I'm working to change that.
>>
>>46906985
I did. I dived quite deeply into the comic books, only to find out that everything not by Alan Moore is either complete shit or just, emm, how do you say "vtorichno" in English? Lacks any originality.

Now I'm trying to get into weeb Light Novels and VNs. My friends have been trying for the last year to provide me with one I would not label as pure shite. I might just go and learn the Gook Runes just to deprive them of "Oh it's just a bad translation!" argument.

Also I read like half of everything published by BL, and other fantasy shit floating around. It's a guilty pleasure, yes, and even then seldom a pleasure. To this day, Soviet and American military prose remain my favorite genres.

Warned you! Literally /lit/-tier taste!
>>
>>46907190
Oh, I forgot to get to my point.

Point is - quality classic literature is quite more interesting and enjoyable than most of wastepaper filling up the medium, and it might help you sort out a few buggers in your head when you are young, but outside of that - it is not any more "useful" for "growing as a person" than Harry Potter slash fics.
>>
>>46903347
>infantile game junkie of a coward
I don't understand what's cowardly. He stuck to his guns and isn't going to get cucked.
>>
>>46902623
Because I believe life is inherently good and worth living, and that bringing life into the world is a good thing.
>>
>>46900486
>ITT stuff I made up to get attention from strangers on the net.
>>
>>46902623
If you don't reproduce, you have failed as a lifeform.
>>
>>46907281
Because not bending over and being fucked by a broken an unfair system makes you a pussy :^^^^)
>>
>>46907565
Cool can i be a pure and immortal machine instead?
>>
>>46900761
>inb4 he comes home in 10 years with a 3.PF book
>>
>>46907599
If you are to weak to go with the flow successfully you have wasted millions of years of genes leading up to that one moment. When you do that, you fail all your ancestors and shit all over their struggle to carry on the torch.
>>
File: go home and be a family man.png (38 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
go home and be a family man.png
38 KB, 256x256
>>46900486
>>
>>46900486
>>46900496
>putting a silly hobby over children
You are one of the most selfish, horrid cucks I have ever seen.
>>
File: This_7824a9_5703098.jpg (14 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
This_7824a9_5703098.jpg
14 KB, 255x255
In the day /tg/ used to be un-baitable. Now... the smallest of shitposts gets these newfags rustled up. Pic related to OP.
>>
>>46907621
That would just be artificial autism.
>>
>>46907423
>>46907565
Can't actually argue with that - to do so is to argue with the principles of living matter, which are an undeniable element of this both reality and ourselves.

Not saying that reproducing can't hurt one, lead to his demise or fail do deliver fulfillment. Only that it's an aspiration that is universally understandable for any life form within out biosphere.
>"But what about childfrees?"
They live in denial of their own nature. Which is fine, but still denial. Monks do it for spiritual reasons, childfrees do it for hedonistic ones, but they both are rejecting an element of what they are. Only the monks are honest about admitting it.
>>
>>46900486
Eh, plenty of fish in the sea.

But goddamn, OP, tact is your friend.
>>
>>46907599
The idea of "bending over and being fucked by a broken an unfair system" has any sense only in context of existence defined by concepts of "fairness" (a specific one - that of "not getting any less than thy neighbor"), "success" and classic overconsumption. Which are, again, all fine and jolly except that you are the fuel that fuels the cruel engine of Capital, and therefore an Enemy of the People, except that others are not bound to be defined by same concepts.
>>
>>46907676
Fuck them.
>>
>>46907827
No, they did all the fucking. You just got all the cucking.
>>
>>46907820
Fine by me senpai.
Enjoying having your children stolen from you have 50% of everything you own then constant payments from the whore who took everything until the day you die.
>>
>>46904262
Because children are the greatest adventure of a lifetime.
>>
>>46907854

Actually I still did the fucking, just without the consequences.
>>
>>46907854
>cucking
Stop using words wrong shitskin.
The people falling for the marriage meme are the only ones who can be cucked.
>>
>>46907676
>>46907827
Here, I actually agree with the childfree. Feelings of a lot of long dead people have very few reasons to concern us living ones, mostly by the virtue of being nonexistent. So yeah - "moral duty to one's genes" is a bad argument for reproduction. I'd say, a pathetic attempt at rationalization of one's instinctive drives.
>>
>>46907692
This is a lie. /tg/ got baited all thenline. What /tg/ actually did was to often entertain an idea without accepting it. Now that the spergs rule over /tg/ that doesn't work.
>>
>>46907888
That attitude also encourage nigger dads of squirt and run.
>>
>>46907872
Then you're doing it wrong.

By the end of my life I plan to leave behind at least 80 bastard offsprings.
>>
>>46907915

And this is a problem why?

>>46907899

I would like to see more RPGs that let you build yours and another characters' child. Like by averaging your ability scores.
>>
>>46907859
Good thing I don't live in a country with skyrocketing divorce rates. God bless the patriarchy. And don't plan to file for divorce in close future. And if my wife tried I'd just bribe a doctor for a forgery of a psychiatric diagnosis for he and lock her up in a madhouse, so that she can't take away my son
>>
>>46905538
>Also enjoy the drain on time and money that you could be spending on things that make you happy

What if having kids makes me happy? What then faggot?
>>
>>46907888
All those people are all part of you. What you actually think doesn't change that you are the result of other peoples effort. All the effort you will pit into your life will pale when compared to how much effort went into keeping your genes alive,
>>
>>46906444
>Demographic decline is a problem in all developed nations, including the ones with yellow people
>m-m-m-muh /pol!
>>
>>46900486
>>46900496
Man up and stop being a man child.

Spread your seed then in 10 years pick up gaming again as the dm for your spawn.
>>
>>46907937
>And this is a problem why?
Literal nigger detected.

>>46907944
Unfortunately I live in one that encourages women to leap from nigger dick to nigger dick.
See above.
>>
>>46900635
The Maxim of /b/ sayeth:

Every post is a repost.
>>
>>46907888
Only if you're a selfish individualist.

You have a duty to both your ancestors and your hypothetical descendants; anything else is utter selfishness and the belief that you are more important the the past thousand generations, and the potentially infinite future generations. It is hubris of the highest degree.
>>
>>46907980

Nope, white as sour cream.
>>
>>46907957
>All those people are all part of you
No they are not. We only share genetic information with them, of which they are realizations.
>What you actually think doesn't change that you are the result of other peoples effort. All the effort you will pit into your life will pale when compared to how much effort went into keeping your genes alive,
Certainly. But effort can be easily wasted, and being guilt-tripped for doing exactly that is meaningless, as you are feeling guilt before something that is long gone and nonexistent. That is the very definition of meaningless torment, cruelty and madness.

>>46907937
>And this is a problem why?
They fail to meet the responsibility that is laid on them by the society for the service of accepting their children into the system, and therefore leech off said system while contributing nothing, and therefore they are enemies of the people
>>
>>46906444
It's not because they're a different color, but because the people of that color are cancerous subhuman savages.
>>
>>46907066
Only defeatist crybabies and leddit luddites use that shitty site.
>>
>>46908039
>I act like I'm a nigger but I'm not
Is this supposed to impress anyone?
>>
>>46907976

> you need to MAN UP and ruin your life like I did
>>
>>46908116
k
>le leddit meme
simply ebin my friend.
>>
>>46908044
>They fail to meet the responsibility that is laid on them by the society for the service of accepting their children into the system

So... don't accept the children into the system, and kill them / let them starve? And kill the father as well? Two birds one stone.
>>
>>46907692
It wasn't unbaitable it's just nobody cared. They were still just discovering how easy it is to fuck with /k/. It is only the migration patterns of the lowland /b/tard that brought them here.
>>
>>46905293
>Seriously, fuck kids.
Ok.
>>
>>46908124
MAN UP is the best feminist meme.
>>
File: NORMIES GET OUT REEEEE.webm (736 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
NORMIES GET OUT REEEEE.webm
736 KB, 640x360
>>46900486
Have you learned your lesson?
>>
>>46907980
>Unfortunately I live in one that encourages women to leap from nigger dick to nigger dick. See above.
Change country. Get a startup, expand go to UAE/Saudi Arabia, move your hq there, obtain multiple wives with next to no rights that you'll have to provide for, but who in exchange will be basically your property, and will never dare to even think of crossing you, and will be happy to bear your multiple children (whom you'll then send to Oxford). Be fulfilled and also a bourgeois enemy of the people but it's not like you care, don't allow this particular society to dictate your life.

>>46908025
>Only if you're a selfish individualist
Or if one is a collectivist, but with a different idea of the collective to which he is duty bound. Like, a one with no relation to one's genes.

>anything else is utter selfishness and the belief that
Or apathy towards those who are long gone and are therefore unable of feeling gratitude or anger.
>you are more important the the past thousand generations
Or that other people existing right now and ALL the people who will live after us (not only your descendants) are at least as much or even more important than you and your genes are.

Mind that I actually wholeheartedly support procreation and have a son myself. It's just that your argument is wonky.
>>
>>46907690
How is his decision not to have kids if he doesn't want them selfish? It would be selfish for him to have them if he's going to be a shit father.
>>
>>46908290
Agreed. A decision not to have children is not in itself selfish.
>>
>>46900486

I'm going to assume this is "trolling", but whatever.

That's what we call a "deal breaker". I mean, it's fine to not have kids, that's your choice - even though you've phrased it in an incredibly selfish and immature way. Seriously you could not have sounded like more of a manchild had you tried.

She wants kids, her biological clock probably just started ticking hard. There's a fundamental difference in your relationship goals.

I encourage you to sit down and think hard about your goals and priorities in life, because "I want to play pretend in my free time and I don't want my free time taken away from me" is pretty shitty reasoning for ending a relationship and potentially throwing away a future. It's almost as bad as the retards who never graduate college because they'd rather wear diapers, shit themselves and masturbate to commissioned furry art than make something of themselves.

RPG's are not going to fill the hole in your life anon.
>>
>mu-mu-mu-manchild
The call of nerd guilt filled nu-males.
>>
>>46908614
>I encourage you to sit down and think hard about your goals and priorities in life, because "I want to play pretend in my free time and I don't want my free time taken away from me" is pretty shitty reasoning for ending a relationship and potentially throwing away a future

No it's not.

> It's almost as bad as the retards who never graduate college because they'd rather wear diapers, shit themselves and masturbate to commissioned furry art than make something of themselves.

False equivalency. Because I am functioning adult.

> RPG's are not going to fill the hole in your life anon.

What hole in my life? Are you projecting again?
>>
>>46908707
>No it's not.
Eeeh, you're free to say that, but almost everyone ever is going to disagree. And you're free to tell everyone ever to go fuck themselves, but then I'm inclined to question your claim of being a functioning adult.

Plus. As I said earlier, a decision not to have children is not in itself selfish. But a decision not to have children against the wishes of your other half IS quite selfish, and I don't think I have to explain it to someone who had a relationship for awhile. Yes, this whole scenario is "damned if you do damned if you don't", and comes down to how do you prefer to take the hit. There is certainly no higher moral ground in either of options.
>>
File: ArgumentHeirarchy.png (147 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
ArgumentHeirarchy.png
147 KB, 1280x960
>>46908707
Now I'm absolutely positive that you're trolling.

>No it's not.
Contradiction, offers no supporting evidence.

>I am functioning adult.
Lol.

>What hole in my life?
The one you're crying about.
>>
>>46908614

> It's almost as bad as the retards who never graduate college because they'd rather wear diapers, shit themselves and masturbate to commissioned furry art than make something of themselves.

Degrees nowadays aren't even worth the cost to print them more often than not.

The only thing that really matters in the job market is experience, which is shit when you're several thousands of dollars in debt and you spent most of your early 20's working towards a degree.

If I'm going to be poor and miserable, I'd rather just sit at home and keep myself busy with personal projects than go to college and get myself into debt that I cannot afford to pay off until my early 30's, assuming I can even find a stable job that pays well in the first place.
>>
File: 1461448567537.jpg (46 KB, 250x336) Image search: [Google]
1461448567537.jpg
46 KB, 250x336
>>46900486
>I have a friend who had a kid last year and he ended up quitting our group and now every time I see him HE IS FUCKING DEAD IN THE EYES.

Anon im going to let you in on a secret what you said above isnt caused by the kid, its caused by having the kid with a shit sac of a human being.

Choose wisely and it can be a positive experience stay away from selfish people (3rd wave Feminists) and people who see you as nothing more than a wallet, a genetic donating babysitter, or a servant it will all be fine.

Its all in getting very real and making the smart and hard choice who you do this shit with.
>>
>>46908672
Nice buzzword! I don't even know what it means. Is it like numetal?
>>
>>46908890

Again, where am I crying?

And as an entirely opinion-based thing it is pointless to argue why I should have children with empirical evidence.

I pay taxes and have a job, I support myself, that is the definition of a functioning adult because I am not a drain on society. Anything else is none of your fucking business.
>>
>>46906444
He's talking about the old numbnuts.
>>
>>46909522
>Again, where am I crying?
>My fucking fingers are shaking typing this
If you're pretending to be OP pretending to be author of the copypasta at least put in some effort
>>
>>46909367

Probably some new redpill thing? They spend so much time coming up with bizarre new slang to toss around in their echo chambers it's impossible to keep up with.
>>
>>46910064
Seems so. These people are focused on finding flaws and shortcomings in their society to justify their own selfish and destructive behavior It's just baffling.

I mean, if one is so selfish and uncaring of the eventual fate his wrong and unfair surrounding, he can, you know, try moving to live in some more comfortable and fitting society, instead of purposefully molding himself into a sociopath to be able to prosper in what he himself brands as a cesspool.

And even that is somewhat backwards. Empathy and altruism are undeniable parts of human nature, as we are social animals. Trying to improve the lives of those around you is a natural aspiration, not some sort of indoctrination forced onto one by Tha System.
>>
>>46910247
*are SO focused
*eventual fate OF his wrong and unfair surroundingS
I'll go to sleep now.
>>
>>46907565
Life is a biological mechanism. It's not intelligent or sentient. It doesn't have a will of its own or an end goal. It can't give itself value. Failing to reproduce doesn't mean anything because reproducing doesn't mean anything.

Would you consider yourself a failure of cosmology because you're not contributing to entropy by killing yourself right now?
Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.